User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Depression 295 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Viibryd reviews 295 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Viibryd

Review by Ms. MDD: User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I have MDD. I have been on several antidepressants over the past 13 years. Been using Viibryd 40mg for about 9 months. The first 2 weeks were hell but my doctor assured me it would get better and it did. My only major complaint: When I miss a dose I FEEL IT. I get dizzy, blurred vision and a severe headache. I mean miss a dose by several hours, not a day or two! I previously stepped down off of Zoloft because of the same issues but I set a reminder on my cell phone to take my meds at 8:30am and I keep a few pills in my car and my purse just in case I have not eaten by 8:30am.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 23, 2013 7:30 PM
Review by Boca Raton (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I have had very good results with Viibryd except that I think my memory is getting worse since I started this medicine. I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere as a side effect, and it may just be that I am getting older. I used to have a GREAT memory, what I called my best asset and worst fault at the same time, and I speak five languages, which is kind of a special class for an American.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2013 4:09 PM
Review by 50 and not liking it (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I have been off and on antidepressants the last 10 years and Wellbutrin did a great job after my son died. But I had terrible eye twitches and then bounced around to all the usual medicine. Viibyrd is amazing. I had some diarrhea issues, no restless legs or weird dreams but with the OxyContin and hydrocodone I don't ever have issues sleeping really. And Xanax for my anxiety I feel really sharp again focused on life not worried about what I can and can't do since my spinal injury. Life's good! Oh and the sex has been amazing! I would recommend this to anyone.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 27, 2013 4:01 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Viibryd (vilazodone): I have been on Viibryd for a little over 40 days now. I have to say that starting this medicine wasn't as hard for me as some other people. Im going to put it plain and simple. The first week I had no noticeable changes. I did not have any anxiety, considering I had just stopped cold turkey on Citalopram if you know what I mean. The second week the nausea started and continued through to around day 37. It was rough. I relied on ginger ale and crackers. Now after day 40 the nausea is completely gone and I have had no problems with anxiety or sleep at all. I will say I only give it a 9/10 because one day I missed taking it, and the first snotty comment I got from a customer I started crying uncontrollably. I felt fine after I took my pill.

March 26, 2013 12:34 AM
Review by SabzKay (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: After taking Viibryd for almost three months I can say that I feel better, my depression isn't as bad. It is a little better, but I feel like it could be even better. I don't know if I should talk to my doctor about it. I take 40 mg a day which I believe is the highest recommended dose. I have chronic pain (and surgery) issues and I am scared of taking a supplementary medication because of side effects. I can say that I have experienced NO side effects. I take mine in the morning and am perfectly able to take it with or without food. Viibryd has definitely helped me, but I think I need some more help.

March 23, 2013 2:33 AM
Review by KsLady (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I had to taper off my Lexapro while starting this. I did a wk of the 10 mg during that and now I'm on my 2nd wk of 20mg. I'm not having any side effects like others have mentioned, but I'm not seeing any benefit yet either. I just spent 3 hrs yesterday crying, and then alternated that with being angry about everything (torn window screen, broken handle, garage motor quitting-everything was crap!), then I'd sob again. I hope this picks up soon, as does my family! However, I'm also 46 and wonder if some of this is pre-menopause??? Maybe I need to call my Dr. and have the dosage increased now? Otherwise, I see him again in 5 wks. I just don't know, but my Dr has high hopes and praise for this medicine.

March 17, 2013 7:19 PM
Review by Bethany123 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: Works very well but there are pretty severe withdrawal symptoms after missing only a couple days.

March 14, 2013 8:16 PM
Review by boo14boo (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I have been on this medicine for over a year. Works very well for depression. The last few months the side effects are getting bad. The brain and body zaps are getting to the point were you don't want to go to sleep. You feel like you are awake but cant move or talk.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 9, 2013 11:00 AM
Review by J-Ren (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: Suffering from debilitating depression and anxiety for many years I've tried many meds that have very little effect and made me feel just emotionally numb. I tried Viibryd. My life has changed. The restless legs was definitely uncomfortable. But after being on it almost 2 years I only take 10mg every other day since it has had time to clear my head so I'm able to learn some life coping skills. Love me some Viibryd!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 9, 2013 3:12 AM
Review by Karsty: User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I was put on this medication one month after it's FDA approval for Major Depressive Disorder. I was told it would probably take up to 3 weeks for a noticeable difference in my mood and behavior, but I noticed a difference on day 2. I felt like I was able to have emotions and feelings again. I was not as irritable or angry, and I felt like I had more energy and confidence. When I stepped up the doses I had the GI side effects, but those have been resolved when My body adapted. I still get restless legs occasionally at night, and when I forget to take my medicine I get really itchy, irritable, and hazy. But the good outweighs the bad. I feel great! Try it!

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 26, 2013 3:10 PM
Review by LovingitRN (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I've tried Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa and none of them worked well. They would work maybe a month and the depression crept back into my life. I started taking Viibryd and the recommendation of a doctor and trusted friend and my life has changed dramatically for the better. I don't have the wiped out feeling and my sex drive has stayed the same. This medicine has been a God send for me. I had to fight to get my insurance to cover it but it has so been worth it.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 22, 2013 7:48 PM
Review by Sweet Petunia: User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I've been in chronic pain with chronic fatigue for 30 plus years: fibromyalgia and CFS. This caused many years of depression. Took other SSRI's over the years but was always teetering on the side of depression. Cymbalta did nothing for me except weight gain. My Dr. gave me a trial pack of Viibryd. When I started the 40 mg, I experienced severe GI upsets....heartburn, growls & grumbling, gas, & nasty taste on my tongue. I also had vividly violent dreams as soon as I fell asleep. I reported these complaints to my Dr. and he lowered my dosage to 20 mg. I still have a little gas and a violent dream every once in a while, but my depression & energy is so much better. I feel like "me" again. I definitely recom- mend giving Viibryd a try.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2013 4:18 PM
Review by CheriAnn (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: Viibryd has changed my life for the better. I now have more energy and a positive outlook on life. I've read of several people having restless legs. I,too, have this from time to time and I've been on Viibryd for almost a year now. (20 mg a day) I have found that exercise takes care of this problem almost completely! I still have very slight waves of dizziness and some GI problems. I've had the opposite problem that most people get on this med, that being diarrhea. I have constipation, but I just drink more water and eat more fruits & veggies which helps tremendously. The benefits of this med far outweigh the side effects!! Oh, I also have the very vivid dreams!! Very strange!!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2013 11:58 AM
Review by 4N Substances (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: The first weeks were a bit difficult. I had diarrhea but I assure you this won't last. Take it with food, not just milk. I did have some nightmares from which I could not easily awaken, when I stepped up to Viibryd 20 and was not careful about taking the medicine at exactly the same time, resolved by taking it in the the morning instead of the evening. Viibryd has only a 24 half-life. I did have some temporary morning headaches when it was past time for me to take the medicine. Dr advised take Viibryd 20 at dinner time, which left enough in my system to avoid morning headaches. I'm back to just 40, feeling great! Hang in through the side effects-it's life changing! Join our Viibryd support group on this site too! See you there!

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 16, 2013 9:14 AM
Review by Mrs.Nester: User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I was put on Viibryd for depression. My husband and I had a miscarriage and I became depressed and suicidal. That was my breaking point. My doctor put me on Viibryd and at first it helped wonderful. I have been on the 40 mg for 5 months now. I have headaches almost everyday, have gotten light headed a few times one day but my depression did get a lot better.

February 14, 2013 1:18 AM
Review by Christine P.: User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: Viibryd has been great for me as far as taking care of my depression. It started acting quickly and has been fantastic! I have nothing but good to say about how well it treats my depression. However, if I EVER miss my pills at night I am in REALLY bad shape the next morning. I am extremely tired - but in a really weird way. I am super sensitive to light - to the point it is dangerous for me to drive as the sun comes up because I can't keep my eyes open. When I take a nap (because I am so tired) I have horrific nightmares that are really vivid. It really is kind of scary.

February 13, 2013 10:13 PM
Review by dizopey (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: Depression and anxiety and life issues were miserable and impacting my relationships. Went to the doc and found out my blood pressure was sky-high. Described my life issues and he put me on Viibryd and blood pressure meds. Side effects have been mild: restless legs first week, crazy strange dreams that though sometimes violent provoke no anxiety or fear, gas, and aching legs. The legs thing is the worst, though it is subsiding (into my second month of 40mg). But going for walks, made my legs ache like they'd been hit. My bowels move GREAT, which they haven't in a while. The gas is hilarious to me. LOVE this medicine. I feel wonderful.

February 13, 2013 8:33 PM
Review by mommyapril: User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I have had depression for years with obsessive compulsive disorder. I have been been on everything from Xanax, Effexor, Depakote, Prozac, Zoloft, etc. I started Viibryd 4 days ago along with ADHD medicines and anxiety meds and I have to say my brain is not running 90 to nothing I am not depressed and feel good. Yes my GI system has been upset and last two nights I have not slept well and I have had a mild headache but because everything is manageable and I mental feel better I am willing to tough it out and hopefully it will stop. Doctor gave me a free starter kit starting with 10mgs for 7 days then 20mgs for 7 days and 40mgs for 7 days so hopefully it will keep going this good or better.

February 11, 2013 12:29 AM
Review by Not myself (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I was given this medicine for depression/anxiety, I had many of the bad side effects listed on the insert. My world became even darker than before and I started having suicidal thoughts. I thought I was losing my mind. I was not myself on this medication. I started having panic attacks and just feeling so out of control. My family was worried because of the severe reaction that I had. After changing to a different medication I was back to myself within a few days.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2013 10:50 PM
Review by Lutherboysmom (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: After reading many reviews I have to say I was very nervous to start Viibryd. I started on a day off from work. The first 3 days I had a slight headache and very slight GI issues. After taking Tylenol my headache was relieved. Definitely recommend taking with food. I just started week 2 at 20 mg. So far so good. No headache or GI upset. No interruption in sleep patterns so far. I feel very calm taking the medication. I will be excited to see what week 3 brings. My kids and husband thanks Viibryd already!

February 9, 2013 9:05 PM
Review by h8anxiety (taken for less than 1 month):

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: I have been on Viibryd for 4 days 10 mg now and I have had insomnia 1 night, night sweats (bad) every night, tingling and numbness, sharp pin like pains around my body and jumpiness. Have not had any alcohol while been on the meds. This is my first shot at an SSRI antidepressant, in years. Was on 0.5-1 mg of Xanax per day for a couple years. Xanax was making me too reckless and wanted something a bit more stable and not have to worry about the short half life. I hope this kicks in over the next few days. I received a sample from my doctor up to 40 mg.

February 7, 2013 6:31 PM
Review by Indialilac (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: Have been on Effexor, Wellbutrin, Pristiq and on Cymbalta, none of them with the exception of Effexor have helped me. I noticed a difference after only 1-2 days on the medicine. Generally it takes between 2-4 weeks to get a build up but this seems almost instant. I started on 20mg and am still on 20mg until later this week when I go up to 40mg. The first day or two I was really wired and I think it is because I drink a lot of caffeine which I recommend cutting down on with the medicine and I got some weird electric shock sensation in my tongue but that has gone away and now I am getting the runs but I hope that goes away too. Once my body was used to the new medicine I was like a zombie, now I actually feel "normal" again.

February 4, 2013 11:00 PM
Review by Thorin (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: Day 18 and I am still using the 20mg pills. No nausea and I have had 4 lucid dreams but not nightmares. Still do not think 20mg is enough. Will be talking to my Doctor about going to 40mg. Other than that no issues.

February 4, 2013 4:05 AM
Review by Shellyh67 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: Noticed a great improvement after two days on this medicine. A little restless legs syndrome but not bad then the brain zaps or electrical surges started. It scared me so badly. But I thought it was just due to a short night with little sleep and maybe the half of a beer I had before bed? But this evening, it happened again... Calling the Dr ---Dont think I want to experience these anymore!

February 2, 2013 11:16 PM
Review by missypatt811: User Rating:

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: The first 2 weeks are the worst. I had lots of tummy issues but resolved with time. I'm on month 2 now and It's working better then any other medications I have tried. (I have tried them all with only Effexor being the only one the actually worked) its costly but I hope with time the price will come down. (About 200 a month with Insurance) but its working so it's worth it!

January 26, 2013 7:37 AM