User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 9 reviews 44 medications

7.2
Depression 296 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 305 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Viibryd

Review by Hannah61206:

For Depression: My new doctor put me on Viibryd to help with my severe depression and anxiety 4 months ago. My previous doctor had tried many medications such as Lexapro, Celexa, and Cymbalta...and to be quite frank every one of them was horrible! I gained 60lbs between them over a year, which only deepened my depression. I felt like I was insane with those medications and hated myself and everyone around me even more and began to feel like people were "out to get me". All the while on those medications I had to take Ativan and Valium for my severe anxiety. Since I've been on Viibryd I feel like a new person! I did not gain any weight and Viibryd helps control my anxiety without the need for other medications! It's expensive but worth every penny!

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2013 1:02 AM

Review by jkgram:

For Depression: This medication has worked wonders for me. After reading the side effect reviews from others, I was worried. However, I made sure I ate a good protein breakfast with the medicine. I used the starter pack which ramps up the dosage slowly. I only had minor side effects and those lasted just a few days. I feel so much better now and am so glad I decided to take a chance with Viibryd. The biggest plus is no weight gain, which is common with other medicines for this condition.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2013 6:39 PM

Review by 1st lady T:

For Depression: I've been on Viibryd 20mg for 18 months. My doctor suggested staying at 20mg at my follow up appointments because that dose currently works for my depression and mood changes. I still have to take it with a snack due to mild nausea. I don't like the abdominal distention (especially with PMS). I recently noticed memory problems and mixing up my words. Despite all that, I'm not going to stop Viibryd because I was an emotional mess 18 months ago. Celexa and "other" meds left me dull and in a haze. Now, I can cope better and feel more like me!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2013 2:08 AM

Review by Missig:

For Depression: Viibryd has lifted me out of the depths and has helped me put meaning back into my life. It's not a miracle, however, it does lift the burden of depression to a point where I am capable of utilizing skills and coping strategies effectively. It's expensive and it's very very new. I experienced very mild side effects at the beginning of treatment such as mild nausea and migraine in addition to panic attacks that eventually went away (thankfully) but these symptoms dissipated within two days of each initial titration. I'm currently at 40mg and I'm feeling great. I'm one of the lucky ones I suppose as I have not had to try too many medications.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2013 6:48 AM

Review by spinterrific:

For Depression: I have been on Viibryd for longer than 2 years. I had mild gastrointestinal upset in the beginning but as long as I ate something with it I was fine. GI upset only lasted a short time. It took the depression away and made me feel better. The only bad part is when you miss a dose by a couple of hours you feel awful, dizziness, foggy, headache, sleepy. Also, if you are bipolar it sends you into a super high, super moody, agitated, over stimulated. Dr. put me on bipolar medicines in addition to Viibryd, and have never felt more normal. I highly recommend.

May 10, 2013 12:43 AM

Review by ssd715 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: 40 mg only effective for about five months and had to go up to 60mg to regain desired effect. Hope this continues to work as so many of the antidepressants stop being effective after several months. Have been going through this for 20 years.

May 9, 2013 8:05 PM

Review by Liz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: My doctor, gave me a sample packet with the the 10,20 and 40 mg. for my anxiety and depression. Overall I like it, my anxiety has gone away and depression is lessen! I recommend you take it with a full stomach because it can cause dizziness. I like the 20 mg better 40mg was to strong! But I did notice some side effects, a lot of unexplained bruising and hair loss, decided to stop it but the withdrawals are scary but do go away, overall does help with depression and anxiety! Only reason I stop was because of bruising and hair loss was bugging me.

May 5, 2013 3:27 PM

Review by SusieQ (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I have been on Vibryd for almost a year now. Right after it was approved. I had minor issues for the first couple of weeks. But it works great for anxiety issues. I would fly off the handle for the smallest things and Viibryd totally takes that away. My granddaughter isn't worried about going out shopping or eating with me. Seriously, it was horrible. I'm sure it is menopause related but I couldn't control it. VIIBRYD did. Only drawback is memory issues. It did state that in the brochures, but I just have to concentrate that much harder. Best of luck to everyone.

May 3, 2013 12:47 PM

Review by Crazy me (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: The first 3 months on Viibryd was great, was on 20 mg. Had a lot of energy and felt like my old self again, then I took a turn downward. So they up the medicine to 40 mg and I had the worst side effects possible. Heart pounding and palpitations, panic attacks, bad diarrhea, sleep deprived, crying, shaking, loss of appetite, bad nightmares, so they took me down to 20mg but added Buspar. I have been on other antidepressants and never ever had such bad side effects... I still have diarrhea and nervousness.

May 2, 2013 10:08 PM

Review by Taminenator (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I noticed on day 4 that I became calmer, and my attitude is totally positive now, nothing bothers me, and at work, on IT helpdesk, the employees who call in ask what I have been smoking because I'm so nice. I'm sure this is a good thing, but I feel a little goofy sometimes, like my brain won't work, and I fell in front of the office the other day but I wasn't dizzy. I caught the toe of my shoe in a crack of the sidewalk and went down before I even knew I was falling. I fell hard. I have sexual side effects and can't climax anymore but I don't miss it cause my desire has been taken away as well. On the whole, I like it. Buspar made me sleepy and I want to lose the Anxiety without any sleepiness, so this works.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2013 11:02 AM

Review by Ms. MDD:

For Depression: I have MDD. I have been on several antidepressants over the past 13 years. Been using Viibryd 40mg for about 9 months. The first 2 weeks were hell but my doctor assured me it would get better and it did. My only major complaint: When I miss a dose I FEEL IT. I get dizzy, blurred vision and a severe headache. I mean miss a dose by several hours, not a day or two! I previously stepped down off of Zoloft because of the same issues but I set a reminder on my cell phone to take my meds at 8:30am and I keep a few pills in my car and my purse just in case I have not eaten by 8:30am.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2013 7:30 PM

Review by Boca Raton (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have had very good results with Viibryd except that I think my memory is getting worse since I started this medicine. I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere as a side effect, and it may just be that I am getting older. I used to have a GREAT memory, what I called my best asset and worst fault at the same time, and I speak five languages, which is kind of a special class for an American.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 18, 2013 4:09 PM

Review by 50 and not liking it (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been off and on antidepressants the last 10 years and Wellbutrin did a great job after my son died. But I had terrible eye twitches and then bounced around to all the usual medicine. Viibyrd is amazing. I had some diarrhea issues, no restless legs or weird dreams but with the OxyContin and hydrocodone I don't ever have issues sleeping really. And Xanax for my anxiety I feel really sharp again focused on life not worried about what I can and can't do since my spinal injury. Life's good! Oh and the sex has been amazing! I would recommend this to anyone.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2013 4:01 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Viibryd for a little over 40 days now. I have to say that starting this medicine wasn't as hard for me as some other people. Im going to put it plain and simple. The first week I had no noticeable changes. I did not have any anxiety, considering I had just stopped cold turkey on Citalopram if you know what I mean. The second week the nausea started and continued through to around day 37. It was rough. I relied on ginger ale and crackers. Now after day 40 the nausea is completely gone and I have had no problems with anxiety or sleep at all. I will say I only give it a 9/10 because one day I missed taking it, and the first snotty comment I got from a customer I started crying uncontrollably. I felt fine after I took my pill.

March 26, 2013 12:34 AM

Review by SabzKay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: After taking Viibryd for almost three months I can say that I feel better, my depression isn't as bad. It is a little better, but I feel like it could be even better. I don't know if I should talk to my doctor about it. I take 40 mg a day which I believe is the highest recommended dose. I have chronic pain (and surgery) issues and I am scared of taking a supplementary medication because of side effects. I can say that I have experienced NO side effects. I take mine in the morning and am perfectly able to take it with or without food. Viibryd has definitely helped me, but I think I need some more help.

March 23, 2013 2:33 AM

Review by KsLady (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I had to taper off my Lexapro while starting this. I did a wk of the 10 mg during that and now I'm on my 2nd wk of 20mg. I'm not having any side effects like others have mentioned, but I'm not seeing any benefit yet either. I just spent 3 hrs yesterday crying, and then alternated that with being angry about everything (torn window screen, broken handle, garage motor quitting-everything was crap!), then I'd sob again. I hope this picks up soon, as does my family! However, I'm also 46 and wonder if some of this is pre-menopause??? Maybe I need to call my Dr. and have the dosage increased now? Otherwise, I see him again in 5 wks. I just don't know, but my Dr has high hopes and praise for this medicine.

March 17, 2013 7:19 PM

Review by Bethany123 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Works very well but there are pretty severe withdrawal symptoms after missing only a couple days.

March 14, 2013 8:16 PM

Review by boo14boo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have been on this medicine for over a year. Works very well for depression. The last few months the side effects are getting bad. The brain and body zaps are getting to the point were you don't want to go to sleep. You feel like you are awake but cant move or talk.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2013 11:00 AM

Review by J-Ren (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Suffering from debilitating depression and anxiety for many years I've tried many meds that have very little effect and made me feel just emotionally numb. I tried Viibryd. My life has changed. The restless legs was definitely uncomfortable. But after being on it almost 2 years I only take 10mg every other day since it has had time to clear my head so I'm able to learn some life coping skills. Love me some Viibryd!

March 9, 2013 3:12 AM

Review by Karsty:

For Depression: I was put on this medication one month after it's FDA approval for Major Depressive Disorder. I was told it would probably take up to 3 weeks for a noticeable difference in my mood and behavior, but I noticed a difference on day 2. I felt like I was able to have emotions and feelings again. I was not as irritable or angry, and I felt like I had more energy and confidence. When I stepped up the doses I had the GI side effects, but those have been resolved when My body adapted. I still get restless legs occasionally at night, and when I forget to take my medicine I get really itchy, irritable, and hazy. But the good outweighs the bad. I feel great! Try it!

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2013 3:10 PM

Review by LovingitRN (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I've tried Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa and none of them worked well. They would work maybe a month and the depression crept back into my life. I started taking Viibryd and the recommendation of a doctor and trusted friend and my life has changed dramatically for the better. I don't have the wiped out feeling and my sex drive has stayed the same. This medicine has been a God send for me. I had to fight to get my insurance to cover it but it has so been worth it.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2013 7:48 PM

Review by Sweet Petunia:

For Depression: I've been in chronic pain with chronic fatigue for 30 plus years: fibromyalgia and CFS. This caused many years of depression. Took other SSRI's over the years but was always teetering on the side of depression. Cymbalta did nothing for me except weight gain. My Dr. gave me a trial pack of Viibryd. When I started the 40 mg, I experienced severe GI upsets....heartburn, growls & grumbling, gas, & nasty taste on my tongue. I also had vividly violent dreams as soon as I fell asleep. I reported these complaints to my Dr. and he lowered my dosage to 20 mg. I still have a little gas and a violent dream every once in a while, but my depression & energy is so much better. I feel like "me" again. I definitely recom- mend giving Viibryd a try.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2013 4:18 PM

Review by CheriAnn (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Viibryd has changed my life for the better. I now have more energy and a positive outlook on life. I've read of several people having restless legs. I,too, have this from time to time and I've been on Viibryd for almost a year now. (20 mg a day) I have found that exercise takes care of this problem almost completely! I still have very slight waves of dizziness and some GI problems. I've had the opposite problem that most people get on this med, that being diarrhea. I have constipation, but I just drink more water and eat more fruits & veggies which helps tremendously. The benefits of this med far outweigh the side effects!! Oh, I also have the very vivid dreams!! Very strange!!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2013 11:58 AM

Review by 4N Substances (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: The first weeks were a bit difficult. I had diarrhea but I assure you this won't last. Take it with food, not just milk. I did have some nightmares from which I could not easily awaken, when I stepped up to Viibryd 20 and was not careful about taking the medicine at exactly the same time, resolved by taking it in the the morning instead of the evening. Viibryd has only a 24 half-life. I did have some temporary morning headaches when it was past time for me to take the medicine. Dr advised take Viibryd 20 at dinner time, which left enough in my system to avoid morning headaches. I'm back to just 40, feeling great! Hang in through the side effects-it's life changing! Join our Viibryd support group on this site too! See you there!

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2013 9:14 AM

Review by Mrs.Nester:

For Depression: I was put on Viibryd for depression. My husband and I had a miscarriage and I became depressed and suicidal. That was my breaking point. My doctor put me on Viibryd and at first it helped wonderful. I have been on the 40 mg for 5 months now. I have headaches almost everyday, have gotten light headed a few times one day but my depression did get a lot better.

February 14, 2013 1:18 AM