User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Premature Ejaculation 0 reviews 0 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 28 medications

2.7
Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Somatoform Pain Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 608 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Fluoxetine

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I am me again my premenstual Dysphoric disorder was destroying my relationship with others and with myself. For a week to two weeks a month I had severe depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and interpreted others actions as hostile. I would feel at times like breaking up with my boyfriend leaving my family and job and saying f u to life. This is the second time I have taken fluoxetine over long periods of time. Last time I stopped cold turkey (many years ago) thinking I was cured of my PDD. However over the years it worsened until I lived in fear of it. Now I really see understand and feel grateful for the effects of fluox. I feel I am clear, in control, calm and me again. It has improved my relationship with everyone. The side effect -breast growth! WIN!!!!!"

Toastthedog (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "LIVING ALL my life and only knowing highs and lows of depression, I've taken many pills. Sure they worked at first but then the depression came back, prozac is quite a ride from when you first take it, there are so many changes. I'm at 40mg, 6 months later I have diarrhea and have lost a lot of weight. I hope I'm not dying. I was a complete idiot and delusional the last 45 years, this pill made me feel like I'm supposed to feel, it doesn't feel fake. Yes I did experience memeory loss, fatique, have to look a back and live with my mistakes before prozac, prozac made everything all clear, I feel sharper as well, it actually cured my depression. Just made sure to follow instructions as you increase dosage"

SAVED MY LIFE, NEW PERSON (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Cured my panic disorder, which was huge. Also levelled me off emotionally. But...sexual disfunction is definitely an issue. I also seem to have a lack of empathy for others that I don't like. Overall, though, I've been helped by this med."

eddieboy62 August 25, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I thought it was just me. Me not being strong enough to just "deal with it". No one understood me. I would obsess over my health, death, relationships to a point where I thought I was going crazy. I couldn't stop freaking out. Then I had my first anxiety attack. My heart was racing and I felt like I was going to die. No one knows that feeling unless you're like me ... anxiety/panic attack. I had no idea what it was and I rushed over to my parents (NOT RECOMMENDED). I remembered nothing. I woke up the next day feeling drained. A week went by and it happened again. I decided I needed help. Prozac was discussed as a long term treatment and I've gained my life back. I'm happy. Which I haven't been in such a long time. Just happy."

9871jkkajfldkjf August 23, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Hi ive been on prozac 60mg for 10years the drug is miraculous it got me out of a hole, but as i suffer from ocd i decided to self medicate with drink and drugs also that led me me to a 12 step fellowship! Now 7half years without a drink or drug im self medicating on prozac which is not v good! It got to last friday i had taken probly 4 tablets in 2 weeks and just crashed! Im now back on 60mg a day but having bouts of anxiety again and thinking its not real, im hoping this is just the side affects of the prozac again getting in system, im tired headache and anxiety thinking"

Taximan42 August 23, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was cautious starting any type of medication when first diagnosed with clinical depression. I cannot express to you how thankful I am to have been prescribed fluoxetine. For the first time in years I can think clearly without anxious negative repetitive thoughts coursing through my head. I feel energized and look forward to my day. Yes there are times I still feel low, but I am able to see that the feeling is temporary. I know I can get through it. Fluoxetine saved my life."

Ekrpcincinnati (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Im just taking this med starting today....be back in 2 weeks to tell yall how I feel!"

Just Started (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "This medication has turned my life completely around in about a months time. First week just felt weird and confused. Had bad diarrhea... Week two confused and not sure if I wanted to keep taking in. By week three something started to really change. Had side effects still but they were decreasing. Started feeling WAY calmer and rational, my children spend more time around me instead of hiding from me and I am cleaning and organizing things around my home that have been sitting around for six months or more. I am becoming a functional person again now for the first time in a REALLY long time. My advice, please stick with it if you can for a minimum of four to six weeks. It might just turn out to be the best thing you ever did."

Anonymous August 20, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Had anxiety ever sense I can remember. Mostly manageable with out medication. In may I had a panic attack at work and decided to start fluoxetine again. I experience alot of physical symptoms that go with anixty so I wanted to get control of it. The 1st and second week were ok. Just a hit jittery but the 3rd and 4th week were awful!! Bizarre dreams, sweats, uncontrollable shaking and so.much crying and sick feeling. I also notice a very tight throat which is something I hadnt had before. Eventually one Friday evening all the panic from the last horrid 2weeks stopped! Then I have been.on the up ever since. I have been told that you experience a low before u get the high. Just got to ride it out! Still have very minor anxity sometimes"

Lyndie.nz August 18, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Only going into week four, however. .. I have left my house more in the past ten days than I have in the past several months. Starting to clean the house, to the amazement of my family, lol. Also amazing how much better the children and husband respond when I'm not biting their heads off every time they approach. First week. . .. just plain felt weird, kind of emotionless or with increased anxiety. Second week almost the same, almost decided to quit taking it. After two weeks of obsessing and reading probably every review in existence online of fluoxetine I decided I was going to stick it out for a minimum of six weeks. Boy. .. am I glad I did. I haven't functioned this well for about fifteen years."

Lookingforwardnow (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I found this medication a bit difficult at first, but my doctor told me it takes 1-4 weeks for the body to adjust to this, so I held out. Am now on 80mg, and each increase took a few weeks to get used to. To anybody trying this medication and reading these reviews, make sure the reviewer stayed on it for over 28 days before posting, because after three weeks, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have energy, and motivation. I don't struggle to get out of bed. It's not hard to do my laundry - I just do it. It's great!"

Pastafarian Alpaca Queen August 13, 2015

For Depression: "I've been taking Prozac for about 2 years and it has changed my life. I have a son with a disability so I always worried, felt sad, lost interest in new people...could go on and on...but I've been on the minimum dose, 10 mg ?, and it has really helped. I'm so much more easy going and don't want to hide in a closet and cry when my son is sick. Take as directed and give it at least a month...I wish I had started on this years ago!"

Momoftwosons (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2015

For Depression: "I was prescribed prozac for depression about 3 months ago. I began feeling normal- happy, even- about a month and a half ago. Before, I was suicidal and rarely left my bed. I was unable to do anything; maintaining basic hygiene became difficult. Starting out on prozac, I was skeptical, simply because I didn't believe that anyone or anything could help me. However, I'm so glad that I waited the suggested 6 weeks! I feel great now, and don't overthink things or pressure myself unnecessarily. The only negative side effect is insomnia; I'll fall asleep fine, but wake up around 3 AM. All in all, i reccommend it."

Teenage Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I can honestly say that Prozac works for me. This medication takes sometime to kick in to full effect and many people stop taking after they feel nothing the first week or so. That is a big mistake, if you wait the full 6 weeks you will see such a difference that it will amaze you. The way it builds in the system and it's afterlife is why it takes a while to get to optimal serum levels in the blood stream. I have battled severe depression and suicidal ideation for over 25 years now. This medication Prozac 40 mg along with Ablify 10mg have solved most of those issues. I also take Ativan 2mg as needed for severe anxiety. Talk to someone if you are having thoughts of hurting yourself or just do not know what the point of life is."

Over 40 and Depressed August 7, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Started of on 10 mg for anxiety and depression, didn't feel any different but felt irritated and snappy at everyone. Nurse practitioner just bumped me up to 20 mg and I feel better and it's only been week! Hopefully this will take the edge off so I can more enjoyable to be around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Panic Disorder: "The things that bothered me before Prozac were greatly enhanced once I was on Prozac. If a normal panic attack was a 5 out of 10 before Prozac, then after, they were 100. My thoughts became very irrational as well as a sense of overwhelming doom. I have been off the meds for three days and I am just starting to settle some."

SBCap August 7, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I took this medicine for 7 days lost my appetite the 3rd day, worsen my insomnia, it did not help with anxiety. By the 7th day I felt even worst finally decide to come off it. This is my second day off Prozac and I still cannot eat, sleep still have bad anxiety and feeling sick to my stomach and cannot eat anything, I'm extremely nauseated, haven't ate much in 4-5 days. I hope my appetite comes back soon! This med did not work for me it made me feel horrible."

Summerly August 2, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I just couldn't shake it off anxiety depression woke up.horrid scared git feeling couldn't cook dread fear worrying constantly about dying doc ha e me propanonal sr went like a zombie 2nd doc listened to me but said I want depressed 3rd time lucky doc gave me fluoxotine it has immediately taken effect been on a bike ride and cooked a meal x"

dee15 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Started with 20mg then after around 45 days increased to 40. Dry mouth, fatigue, lightheadeness, increased anxiety, headaches, were common at first, however in time slowly decreased. I now have good day time energy, I'm sleeping well at night. Confidence level is becoming stronger. I pray the next few weeks at 40 mg takes me to were I want to be. So far, so good!"

Hard Luck (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For : "I was prescribed fluox by my GP to treat what was believed to be generalised anxiety disorder (later confirmed as comorbid with AvPD) circa 2012 and my dose was doubled in 2014. Initially results were good, significant reduction in anxiety and depression within a fortnight. But by 2014 the drug was ineffective and we doubled the dose which allowed me to function while still experiencing anxiety but came with incredible fatigue. For medium term use fluox is an effective and ssri for depression and anxiety but in the long term is needs to be supplemented or replace as you build tolerance."

sevenkilts (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2015

For Depression: "This medication has turned my life completely around.Depression runs rampant in my family,mostly untreated.I have had low level depression for my whole life,but was very much functioning,if struggling inside.In the past 2 years I had sunk slowly but surely into a very dark hopeless state of mind.I felt deeply,terribly sad,stressed,depressed,hopeless,and for 2 weeks of every month before my period the symptoms worsened to a suicidal state of mind.I eventually went to my doctor who diagnosed premenstrual dysphoric disorder,SAD and major depressive episode.3 months later, 20mgs fluoroxetine a day, I feel 'normal' again for the first time in years. Balanced,happy,content and positive.Not numb or disconnected at all.I have hope again."

Leila_happy July 20, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I have been struggling with major depression for six months and finally when I went to the doctor, I was prescribed with 20mg of Prozac. The first five days were horrible and the worst have I ever felt. After that, I begun feeling good again. I begun having weird dreams, however and sometimes lack the ability to feel certain feelings. At the end, I really do believe this medication has saved me."

Teenage boy (17) (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I took Lexapro for a little over a year and it worked beautifully. The only reason I weaned off was because of weight gain. My Doctor prescribed 10mg of Prozac and said it should not cause any weight gain. I am on it 17 days now and my only side effect is slight anxiety and a few panic attacks. I had none of this on Lexapro. My question is, should I hand in there and when will I feel good?"

Soozieque July 13, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I'm on day 25 taking this medication. I am taking the generic Prozac for anxiety and severe panic attacks. I started on 20mg. The side effects were horrible. I couldn't stop shaking, my heart was racing, I couldn't eat, sleep, it made my anxiety worse. I went to my doctor by the 10th day and he prescribed me klonopin. I only took klonopin once, it did help but I just didn't like the feeling. I wanted to stop taking fluoxetine because it made me feel worse but I kept taking it. By the third week I was able to eat again. It is now day 25 and I am starting to feel like myself again. My anxiety and panic attacks went from a 10 to a 3. I am planning on upping my dosage by day 30. I highly suggest trying out this medication. Don't be scared."

Dee_lopez July 10, 2015

For Binge Eating Disorder: "Cured me from years of binge eating that I thought would be with me until I died. I can now say I am extremely happy and healthy and binge free! It took me about a month and a half to feel the drugs effect so please DON'T GIVE UP! I did have terrible side effects for the first 6 weeks such as stomach ache, drowsiness, bad dreams, lack of energy. But these all wore off gradually and it was so worth it!!"

Jennylack90 July 9, 2015