Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Premature Ejaculation 0 reviews 0 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 29 medications

2.7
Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 525 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Fluoxetine

Review by 1213455624572:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I had been taking this for a really long time and it worked....for a while. I take 60 mg and it seems to be doing nothing now. I was just prescribed a booster and I really hope it works. I am miserable I have moderate to severe intrusional thoughts.

April 27, 2015 5:44 PM

Review by Nimm (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have OCD and I've been on Prozac for a short time, but it is so, so helpful. It's stemmed my obsessions a lot, to the point where I can actually focus in class and get my schoolwork done. I've had a few side effects such as weight gain, irregular appetite, and some weird moods, but it's all worth it.

April 27, 2015 11:39 AM

Review by Hugo. Depressive episodes. Ocd. Tourettes. Anxiety:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Recommend using Lovan 20mg the generic brand of Prozac. Break in half to start at 10mg a day. Your looking for small signs of success. Keep a daily journal of your time taking it so you can look back TRUST ME this helps when spotting reaction patterns and finding right exact dosage amount. For some LESS Prozac is more benefit. Mania / sweating / twitching muscles was part of my first 2 months but settled down. Alcohol leaves toxins in your blood for 2 days that stop the medication working fully. Sex drive gone by 80%.** I have still had to apply daily mental awareness techniques and being aware of my thoughts to get great results. Not been a cure all but is brilliant

April 25, 2015 4:58 PM

Review by Nurse76 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Where do I begin....wow this medicine has really given me my life back! I truly felt like I was loosing my mind before I started taking this. I am in my late 30's, and for the past couple years I have tried several other medications for my severe mood swings (PMS). Being a mother of 3, with a husband, and working as a full time critical care nurse, I needed my life back!! My doctor said she had been going back to the "old faithful" Prozac for a lot of her patients. And boy am I glad I finally tried this one! I haven't had any of the crazy side effects I was scared of, and I feel calmer, happier, and not so socially awkward. I'm only on 20mg, but I feel wonderful with this.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2015 8:26 AM

Review by danae_ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I would have to say this medicine really saved my life . I couldn't even go through life at first , I started to believe that I would deal with anxiety forever . I highly recommend This medication to anyone suffering from anxiety . At first my anxiety got worse and I was nauseous and couldn't sleep , but after about two and a half weeks my anxiety completely vanished! I feel better than ever now and I'm only on the 20 mg . Anyone wanting to take Prozac I encourage you to

April 16, 2015 10:02 AM

Review by Carrieb78 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have titled this 'anxiety and stress' but also have been suffering from major depression, suicidal ideation, Pure-O OCD, and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I'm currently on 20mg Fluoxetine, and can honestly say that this medication has saved my life. It hasn't been plain sailing. I've had periods when I felt so tired that I couldn't move, and I had the worst panic attacks and anxiety ever for the first couple of weeks. Hang in there! I purposely ensured that my dosages increased gradually (similar to the 'cranzac method'), so it's probably another 10-12 days before I get the full 20mg effect, so I am expecting even more side effects. But I feel indescribably better than before. A true wonder drug, if you can stick out the bad days.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 5:57 AM

Review by ddaannaa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Prozac has been a miracle for my anxiety. My anxiety was always like a constant static in my head. This "static" has caused me to have social anxiety has well. On Prozac, I feel my anxiety (the static in my head) isn't holding me back anymore, I talk to people and I can finally be happy and free.

April 14, 2015 7:49 PM

Review by EL94 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I'm currently taking Prozac (Fluoxetine) for severe generalised anxiety disorder, social anxiety and panic attacks. I only take 20mg a day and even though the first month left me with horrendous nausea and weight loss it subsided after about 25 days and now I find that my appetite as a whole has decreased slightly but the nausea has now subsided. My anxiety has improved so much to the point that I'm actually leaving the house for activities other than work and I'm having conversations with people I'd usually ignore because I'd feel so self conscious. I've actually had people (that don't know I suffer from anxiety or that I'm taking Prozac (fluoxetine)) comment on how well I look recently and how happy I appear within myself.

April 14, 2015 4:34 PM

Review by Pliscan (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: It's difficult to explain the side effect I experience using fluoxetine. I can only describe it as lightening flashes in my mind that briefly cause a feeling of confusion as well as momentary losses in my concentration. Physically speaking, I just get an unpleasant sensation thats comparable to the light headed feeling you get when you stand up too fast after getting out of bed, but luckily there's no pain involved.

April 14, 2015 8:49 AM

Review by ceebeed79799 (taken for less than 1 month):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: Been on this medicine for 2 weeks now and definitely starting to feel less anxious and I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill anymore!! Also not as afraid in social situations and ocd that someone will break in my house and kidnap me and my kids is gone and I can actually sleep at night now. I hope this continues because living in constant fear is no way to live!

April 13, 2015 8:21 AM

For Depression: I've been taking this medication for 10 months. It has really saved my relationship. I was always moody, crabby & wanted to be alone! I also have PMDD and it has helped with that too. The only down side is my decrease in sexual drive. It is now hurting my relationship.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 7:07 AM

Review by Noosie91:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: For whatever reason I began to experience social anxiety and panic attacks,now when I think back,at least 2 years ago. But I didn't understand what was happening to me. At first I thought I simply developed a bad attitude toward people. My work started to be effected. I couldn't recall work procedures, I had problems putting my words together to speak, I would get extremely nervous in social settings, scared to ask questions, fear of everyone talking about me, sometimes I just didn't want to leave out my house. I was stressed over little issues, talking in my sleep, fatigue, sluggish, slow to respond. I can go on and on. I had been on Welbutrin daily and Xanax as needed. My doctor prescribed Prozac to me three days ago. It works !!!!I

April 10, 2015 6:56 PM

Review by JuJu23:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: It didnt seem to help me

April 8, 2015 9:08 AM

Review by misspippainpink:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Bulimia: Prozac has been great! I was so worried to start taking it that I read a million reviews and almost didn't take it but I'm so glad I did. It has been a life saver!

April 7, 2015 11:43 PM

Review by San Pio:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: It's a good antidepressant, for mild depression, and food related issues. Took it long ago, was not enough by itlself, so I needed to combine it with other antidepressants. Sexual effects, sense of nothing really matters, mild happiness, long time, 3 weeks to kick in, and tends to pop out in about 2-3 months.

March 26, 2015 3:24 PM

Review by Leta B (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been taking 10mg for five weeks and I feel nothing but worse - more sluggish, more depressed, more unfocused, and not just depressed as I was but angry and depressed.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2015 7:43 PM

Review by Jeff235235:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Prozac really saved my life 6 years ago when I was suffering from major Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Insomnia related to it. Tried to stop it few times but always had to come back. No sexual side effects even at 40mg/day. Unofortunately it seemed that the medicine had pooped-out on me after 5 years and I currently started taking Paxil.

March 24, 2015 5:02 AM

Review by Kendall221:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I was on this medicine for two weeks, i felt fine even a little happier, but for 3 days straight I went into a major depression, I have stopped taking it.

March 10, 2015 10:13 AM

Review by Geefeye (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Wife forced me to go to the doctors for work related stress and I was prescribed Fluoxetine. 4 days later she said I'd had a personality change over night. I feel so much better. No more grumps or irrtations which believe it or not, I'm having a hard time coming to terms with because I seriously didn't realise I was that bad.

March 7, 2015 12:17 AM

Review by ColRanger (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: Helped control Anger issue but after 90 days and two increases in doseage the Depression is unchanged

March 6, 2015 11:49 AM

Review by Rachel-:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: Suffered with depression since early teens, but hit rock bottom when a friend committed suicide, I could no longer work, couldn't eat, had panic attacks and became suicidal. After 3-4 weeks of taking Prozac I began feeling like a normal person and after 6 weeks I felt happier than I could ever remember being for years. Prozac has saved me, will happily stay on it for life if this is how it makes me feel.

March 3, 2015 9:18 PM

Review by Anonymous_0989 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: This is my third medication I've tried for my anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. I was first on fluvoxamine and Klonopin and those did nothing but make me a zombie. A month into Prozac while I was feeling the side effects of dizziness and whatnot everything just turned back on. Literally it's like someone turned the lights on. All I can say is it takes time, don't be discouraged. Also pay attention to what you take with it. I was on Zoloft and was getting extremely dizzy. Prozac doesn't agree with certain medications and definitely not caffeine. For the most part though I went from having panic attacks so bad they felt like heart attacks to being completely calm and "normal".

March 2, 2015 8:30 PM

Review by tomo15:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I suffered extreme depression very much when my mum passed over and the doctor put me on these. They helped me think straight and think about all the bad things I'm still on them but only take one or two a week that keeps me happy and normal.

February 22, 2015 7:50 AM

Review by Horrid dreams (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I was diagnosed with parasuicide and major depressive disorder. I also suffer from obsessions, rather than compulsions, and have anxiety. This was supposed to be a cure-all for me until I started having VIVID nightmares that I thought only happened because I was maybe sleeping better. Turns out, Prozac made me lose sleep and I would wake up crying with my heart pounding. My brother had died, so having vivid nightmares related to him dying and other people dying was absolutely intolerable. I would lay in bed and cry because I was afraid to go to sleep. I would force myself to stay up so I didn't have to dream. It was a living nightmare. I had no idea that that was a possible side effect, and the medicine was put on my allergy list.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2015 9:07 AM

Review by Paulied:

For Anxiety and Stress: I was on Paxil 40mg for years and my anxiety was very minimal. I switched to Prozac couple of months ago because I thought the weight gain and side effects from Paxil was too much. Now after about 8 weeks on Prozac 20mg my anxiety isn't getting better and I'm often dealing with anxiety/panic again. My Np tried to switch me from 20 mg daily to 40mg 3 days a week but I thought that was making anxiety worse.

February 16, 2015 12:07 PM