User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Premature Ejaculation 0 reviews 0 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 28 medications

2.7
Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 592 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Fluoxetine

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I took this medicine for 7 days lost my appetite the 3rd day, worsen my insomnia, it did not help with anxiety. By the 7th day I felt even worst finally decide to come off it. This is my second day off Prozac and I still cannot eat, sleep still have bad anxiety and feeling sick to my stomach and cannot eat anything, I'm extremely nauseated, haven't ate much in 4-5 days. I hope my appetite comes back soon! This med did not work for me it made me feel horrible."

Summerly August 2, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I just couldn't shake it off anxiety depression woke up.horrid scared git feeling couldn't cook dread fear worrying constantly about dying doc ha e me propanonal sr went like a zombie 2nd doc listened to me but said I want depressed 3rd time lucky doc gave me fluoxotine it has immediately taken effect been on a bike ride and cooked a meal x"

dee15 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Started with 20mg then after around 45 days increased to 40. Dry mouth, fatigue, lightheadeness, increased anxiety, headaches, were common at first, however in time slowly decreased. I now have good day time energy, I'm sleeping well at night. Confidence level is becoming stronger. I pray the next few weeks at 40 mg takes me to were I want to be. So far, so good!"

Hard Luck (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For : "I was prescribed fluox by my GP to treat what was believed to be generalised anxiety disorder (later confirmed as comorbid with AvPD) circa 2012 and my dose was doubled in 2014. Initially results were good, significant reduction in anxiety and depression within a fortnight. But by 2014 the drug was ineffective and we doubled the dose which allowed me to function while still experiencing anxiety but came with incredible fatigue. For medium term use fluox is an effective and ssri for depression and anxiety but in the long term is needs to be supplemented or replace as you build tolerance."

sevenkilts (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2015

For Depression: "This medication has turned my life completely around.Depression runs rampant in my family,mostly untreated.I have had low level depression for my whole life,but was very much functioning,if struggling inside.In the past 2 years I had sunk slowly but surely into a very dark hopeless state of mind.I felt deeply,terribly sad,stressed,depressed,hopeless,and for 2 weeks of every month before my period the symptoms worsened to a suicidal state of mind.I eventually went to my doctor who diagnosed premenstrual dysphoric disorder,SAD and major depressive episode.3 months later, 20mgs fluoroxetine a day, I feel 'normal' again for the first time in years. Balanced,happy,content and positive.Not numb or disconnected at all.I have hope again."

Leila_happy July 20, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I have been struggling with major depression for six months and finally when I went to the doctor, I was prescribed with 20mg of Prozac. The first five days were horrible and the worst have I ever felt. After that, I begun feeling good again. I begun having weird dreams, however and sometimes lack the ability to feel certain feelings. At the end, I really do believe this medication has saved me."

Teenage boy (17) (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I took Lexapro for a little over a year and it worked beautifully. The only reason I weaned off was because of weight gain. My Doctor prescribed 10mg of Prozac and said it should not cause any weight gain. I am on it 17 days now and my only side effect is slight anxiety and a few panic attacks. I had none of this on Lexapro. My question is, should I hand in there and when will I feel good?"

Soozieque July 13, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I'm on day 25 taking this medication. I am taking the generic Prozac for anxiety and severe panic attacks. I started on 20mg. The side effects were horrible. I couldn't stop shaking, my heart was racing, I couldn't eat, sleep, it made my anxiety worse. I went to my doctor by the 10th day and he prescribed me klonopin. I only took klonopin once, it did help but I just didn't like the feeling. I wanted to stop taking fluoxetine because it made me feel worse but I kept taking it. By the third week I was able to eat again. It is now day 25 and I am starting to feel like myself again. My anxiety and panic attacks went from a 10 to a 3. I am planning on upping my dosage by day 30. I highly suggest trying out this medication. Don't be scared."

Dee_lopez July 10, 2015

For Binge Eating Disorder: "Cured me from years of binge eating that I thought would be with me until I died. I can now say I am extremely happy and healthy and binge free! It took me about a month and a half to feel the drugs effect so please DON'T GIVE UP! I did have terrible side effects for the first 6 weeks such as stomach ache, drowsiness, bad dreams, lack of energy. But these all wore off gradually and it was so worth it!!"

Jennylack90 July 9, 2015

For Bulimia: "I have taken Prozac/flouxetine off and on for a few years to treat bulimia. It truly allows you to lead a normal life again without your day being consumed by thoughts of food and binging/purging. I have always been my physically healthiest when I was taking my 40 mg daily. I would, however, wean myself off eventually due to the sexual dysfunction and a lack of feeling emotions, as well as feeling like I had beaten the bulima - only to have it return full-fledged within 1 1/2 - 2 months. That is the case now, so I'm going back on it. It is still important to get cognitive therapy, so that you may control it on your own if Prozac's effects eventually wear off for you. Don't use it as a bandaid for the problem."

MelissaMeow (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I've been taking Prozac since I was thirteen years old or so. I'm sixteen now, and I'm worried that if I ever stop, I'll get bad again. I have severe anxiety and had depression. The depression has gone away, but the anxiety has worsened. Not from this medication, but I believe I need a larger dose. Anyways, this drug has helped me and made me feel like it can get better. Knowing the chemistry in my brain is really helpful too, to know that serotonin is being released. I would recommend for severe depression, but not anxiety unless at a larger dose. I'm on 40mg now, but took 20mg up until a month ago."

Anon173810 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 7, 2015

For Depression: "I wanted to share my experience - the first week or so of this generic Prozac was a living hell. I didn't feel like myself at all - physically and mentally. This is where a lot of people give up on this medication - don't. About a month went by and I am SO grateful, I 100% know that this medication saved my life. I am writing a review because I am now broke and couldn't take my medicine today... ONE day off this medicine made me immediately feel like my old, depressed and suicidal self again. I am addicted to Fluoxetine, but I'm okay with that. it's been months since I started - almost a year. This may not be the best thing for my body, I haven't done much research... but I don't know what I would do, mentally, without it."

Annie Swan July 7, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on prozac 10mg for 6 days and no change. When will I feel better?"

olegsmummy July 4, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Took Prozac for many years, by right supposed to treat depression. Before taking the medication, I didn't have any Depression, but it only started years after taking it. Libido has gone. And than had Obsessive Compulsive Disorder getting worse. High irritability, and gets angry with people almost always. "

Milote July 3, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Bulimia: "I have been taking Prozac for anorexia nervosa. I started ever since I was 11. It has helped me with gaining weight. It sucks though cause I was at a normal weight. I have noticed a slight change in my mood.I used to be constantly screaming at myself, telling myself I can't have the foods I want. That voice is kinda gone although it is startING to come back....I have done all I could so that's why my doctor put me on this med.....I am taking 10mg now...They might be upping my dose soon though."

UnKnOwN.900 (taken for 10 years or more) July 2, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Prozac completely changed my personality to worse. I was a worrying, anxious person and after 3 months of prozac I stopped caring about anything, starting having agressive bouts of being irritable, and also killed my libido. Regret having taken this. Therapy is the answer for me and I am sure for maaaaaaany people who take this medicine."

Annonimuss (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Suffered from anxiety for many years mostly social anxiety that resulted in panic attacks. Tried therapy, breathing techniques, relaxing workouts, eating healthy. I really wanted to avoid medication at all costs. I was repeatedly missing work due to the fatigue of stress and decided to take my doctors advice. At this time my immune system was poor, my skin was horrible, and my whole body ached. I started Prozac 20mg once a day and have been taking it for 60 days. I did not have any bad reactions or nausea. My mood is significantly better, my skin is better, I am performing well at work, I feel happy to communicate with others and I do not have panic attacks anymore (a daily happening before). I feel so much better!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I had really bad anxiety issues before I hopped on this medicine, was constantly feeling down and never wanted to be around people.. the being around people part hasn't changed probably because I'm just a solo person, but my mood is so much better and I just feel happier with life, at times I feel a little to happy that I get aggravated if that makes any sense. but I love the medicine."

nigyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "This has literally changed my life. I was depressed, angry, anxious and didn't like myself very much. I could not stop my angry comments or pick myself up except for the children. Now I feel like I did 20 years ago. Happy, grateful for my lovely husband, enjoying socialising again. I wish I had taken it years ago."

Nomorecrazylady (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I love this medication. Im 16 and had major anxiety. I used to not wanna be around people at all. I hated so many things. Now that I'm taking the medicine I realized I also had depression. I'm a whole other person. I'm so happy and my anxiety has lessened greatly."

Musiclover101 June 29, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I'm in my late 40's and have always had anxiety spike but in the last 10 years my job has become overwhelming to me and I would wake up vomiting and in anxiety attacks. I had always gone to therapists who would give me exercises which would work at first but after a while I could not handle it. Found a dr who gave me 20 mg and I can not tell you how much it has helped almost from the get go my spikes have calmed down and I can control my feelings. I haven't really had any stress lately at work so I haven't tested that out but just in my every day working where I would just feel anxiety it has helped. The one problem is that my sex drive is very low - not gone - but low"

zzrt June 26, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "It killed my libido and made me emotionally numb. Still waiting for my libido to come back 2 months after discontinuing. It lessened my anxiety though, but the side effects are not worth it. I regret having taken this drug."

Bongopongo June 26, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I've been taking prozac for three months now and I'm the best I've ever been. I can see the beauty in the world that I saw when I was little. I don't think bad thoughts anymore. Sometimes I miss a few days on my medication and I'll see something like a road or a song or an old diary entry from my journal and it will be a subtle reminder of how I felt but I am strong enough to fight those thoughts and push them away. I smile more and I talk to people. I'm not scared to talk to people in public anymore. My anxiety is almost gone. I dont feel depressed anymore and I love myself. I don't hate myself anymore. I've gotten distracted by how beautiful and amazing I can be that I don't think about flaws or imperfections. I feel great. Prozac is a miracle"

espz June 25, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "My experience with taking fluoxetine 40 mg has been great! My doctors tried several antidepressants. I must say I feel like a new person being on Fluoxetine I was so stressed out from working in a hostile environment and going through a menopause all at the same time. The problems became so intense my doctor literally had to take me off my job. I was having severe depression, anxiety, and panic attacks that was out of control. I was put me on the medication in January 2015. I have lost 29 lbs of stress weight that I had been carrying for quite sometime. I truly thank God for having a great set of doctors. Best."

SanW June 24, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "This has helped me feel like me again and I wouldn't normally write on these forums. I have had increasingly bad pmt through 30's and my 40's and this is the only thing that helps. Calmer...happier more energy..more resilience. Less irritation with loved ones but also more assertive when I need to be. Only slight side effect wad morning sweats which have worn off now. I don't ever want this to stop."

frine June 21, 2015