User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Premature Ejaculation 0 reviews 0 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 28 medications

2.7
Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 578 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Fluoxetine

For Anxiety and Stress: "Prozac completely changed my personality to worse. I was a worrying, anxious person and after 3 months of prozac I stopped caring about anything, starting having agressive bouts of being irritable, and also killed my libido. Regret having taken this. Therapy is the answer for me and I am sure for maaaaaaany people who take this medicine."

Annonimuss (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Suffered from anxiety for many years mostly social anxiety that resulted in panic attacks. Tried therapy, breathing techniques, relaxing workouts, eating healthy. I really wanted to avoid medication at all costs. I was repeatedly missing work due to the fatigue of stress and decided to take my doctors advice. At this time my immune system was poor, my skin was horrible, and my whole body ached. I started Prozac 20mg once a day and have been taking it for 60 days. I did not have any bad reactions or nausea. My mood is significantly better, my skin is better, I am performing well at work, I feel happy to communicate with others and I do not have panic attacks anymore (a daily happening before). I feel so much better!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I had really bad anxiety issues before I hopped on this medicine, was constantly feeling down and never wanted to be around people.. the being around people part hasn't changed probably because I'm just a solo person, but my mood is so much better and I just feel happier with life, at times I feel a little to happy that I get aggravated if that makes any sense. but I love the medicine."

nigyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "This has literally changed my life. I was depressed, angry, anxious and didn't like myself very much. I could not stop my angry comments or pick myself up except for the children. Now I feel like I did 20 years ago. Happy, grateful for my lovely husband, enjoying socialising again. I wish I had taken it years ago."

Nomorecrazylady (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I love this medication. Im 16 and had major anxiety. I used to not wanna be around people at all. I hated so many things. Now that I'm taking the medicine I realized I also had depression. I'm a whole other person. I'm so happy and my anxiety has lessened greatly."

Musiclover101 June 29, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I'm in my late 40's and have always had anxiety spike but in the last 10 years my job has become overwhelming to me and I would wake up vomiting and in anxiety attacks. I had always gone to therapists who would give me exercises which would work at first but after a while I could not handle it. Found a dr who gave me 20 mg and I can not tell you how much it has helped almost from the get go my spikes have calmed down and I can control my feelings. I haven't really had any stress lately at work so I haven't tested that out but just in my every day working where I would just feel anxiety it has helped. The one problem is that my sex drive is very low - not gone - but low"

zzrt June 26, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "It killed my libido and made me emotionally numb. Still waiting for my libido to come back 2 months after discontinuing. It lessened my anxiety though, but the side effects are not worth it. I regret having taken this drug."

Bongopongo June 26, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I've been taking prozac for three months now and I'm the best I've ever been. I can see the beauty in the world that I saw when I was little. I don't think bad thoughts anymore. Sometimes I miss a few days on my medication and I'll see something like a road or a song or an old diary entry from my journal and it will be a subtle reminder of how I felt but I am strong enough to fight those thoughts and push them away. I smile more and I talk to people. I'm not scared to talk to people in public anymore. My anxiety is almost gone. I dont feel depressed anymore and I love myself. I don't hate myself anymore. I've gotten distracted by how beautiful and amazing I can be that I don't think about flaws or imperfections. I feel great. Prozac is a miracle"

espz June 25, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "My experience with taking fluoxetine 40 mg has been great! My doctors tried several antidepressants. I must say I feel like a new person being on Fluoxetine I was so stressed out from working in a hostile environment and going through a menopause all at the same time. The problems became so intense my doctor literally had to take me off my job. I was having severe depression, anxiety, and panic attacks that was out of control. I was put me on the medication in January 2015. I have lost 29 lbs of stress weight that I had been carrying for quite sometime. I truly thank God for having a great set of doctors. Best."

SanW June 24, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "This has helped me feel like me again and I wouldn't normally write on these forums. I have had increasingly bad pmt through 30's and my 40's and this is the only thing that helps. Calmer...happier more energy..more resilience. Less irritation with loved ones but also more assertive when I need to be. Only slight side effect wad morning sweats which have worn off now. I don't ever want this to stop."

frine June 21, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Took this as I was having bad anxiety and insomnia, waking up early constantly with that uncomfortable tight chest feeling and just having no energy. Seemed to work for the first 3 days, then I got really depressed. I started at 5mg and went up 5mg a week til I hit 20mg. I have been super depressed, more anxious, was extremely nauseous and could barely eat for almost 2 weeks, and my sleep hasn't improved at all. After almost 4 weeks on this stuff, I am a mess and don't feel like myself at all. Weening off and trying something else. I got up to 15mg. Tried to get to 20 but just felt too horrible."

Brett84 June 17, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Bulimia: "Prozac saved my life!!! I struggled with bulimia for years and now I can finally say I rarely even think of binging n purging! It is the ultimate freedom....I can honestly say if it wasn't for this medication I would have died. I have so much faith in this medication!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

C girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2015

For Depression: "For the first few months, the medication was very successful in terms of giving me the energy and "drive" to get out of bed and do something with my day. However, there are sexual side effects as climax became near impossible. This wears off with time, both the energy and the sexual side effects. After my body became accustomed to the medication, I lost the extra energy and I became sexually "functional" again. After approximately 6 months, my depression returned and was accompanied by severe anxiety, a condition I had never dealt with before. I've since stopped taking Prozac, and noticed significant improvements in my overall life. My experience with Prozac was that it's good in the short term, but not for the long haul."

WhiteMortGuy June 9, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have battled anxiety for years. I have a supportive family, a loving husband and child, and could not understand why I wanted to sleep or cry the days away, the months away, the years away..... My breaking point was my family was struggling to comprehend why I did not want to do anything we loved anymore or be active in our daily life. It hit me hard I could not walk into a room of people without going into a panic. Prozac is the 3rd medicine I tried. I feel like a million dollars now. I am me again. I was on 10mg for 1 month and now 20mg a day. I'm crying as I write this because anxiety is real. It effected everything in my life. But not anymore. My fear and panic are gone. I can run circles around my loved ones! It's great."

guest85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Prozac since December 2014 and it had done quite a bit of good for me. I started taking it as an add on to Wellbutrin SR to help with my increasing anxiety and extreme irritability. It made me very lethargic for the first couple weeks, but that went away and it has since been helping me manage my anger and anxiety. I now also take separate anti-anxiety medication and I have found that the two work together very well. It is the only SSRI I have ever tried and I know I got very lucky with this."

orangetoday2313 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have just started to use Fluoxetine. I was rather apprehensive at first but I am pleased I have taken this first step as my OCD was affecting my life as a whole. I will share any feedback as to how the drug is have an effect in the near future."

Cliveyboy (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Prozac helped a lot with my depression and anxiety. It helped me be more calm... The only things I don't really like is the loss of appetite and recently I have been drowsy. I sometimes feel jittery. I've been taking it for less than a month but have seen a difference."

purplebear June 2, 2015

For Depression: "I've been on this med for a year and it works wonders for me, gives me Energy And the drive to do things more, I've also lost weight and feels good..."

cowhead63 May 29, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "In mid June I will have been on Prozac for a year. It helps me think before I act but I think that It makes me overthink, which can be good or bad. I noticed I'm really irritable and extremely tired no matter how much I sleep. This doesn't help me 100% but I have been controlling myself better. I am not myself. This grouchy, lazy, overreacting person is not me. I go through the school day and then I have no more motivation. I'm just going through the motions."

AleaD5 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I love this medication. Been on it for a year for OCD and anxiety disorder. It makes me a normal person. Don't have nearly as many panic attacks and OCD is under control. I have lost weight on it cause I feel so good about myself. I enjoy doing activities again. Recommend for anyone who has anxiety disorders. Also,blood pressure has gone down."

Jayce84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Started 6th of May so hasn't been long. Suffered severe Post-Natal Depression with youngest child 9 years ago, got over that and have been fine up until recently. I had a miscarriage over Christmas and over the months following found myself getting very low again but most of all noticed the anxiety, hypochondria and irritation. Doctor put me 20mg Fluoxetine a day and seems to be good so far. Definately less anxiety but also definately lack of energy and I have tiredness. No matter how much sleep I get I feel like a Zombie in the morning and yawn a lot until I have some coffee. My sense of humour, libido and appetite have decreased but I am putting that down to 'can't be bothered' feeling. Sticking with it for now. Gives hangover from hell too!!!"

DottyUnicorn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Taking for 2 mths. I have had some side effects...in the beginning just overall weird feeling, exhaustion, wake up feeling like I hadn't slept, dry mouth, headaches, at the one month mark I started getting bad indigestion (now I take an acid reducer pill and half glass of milk). But they almost all have gone away and now I feel great! The anger, the negative thinking, the impulsive verbal reactions, the depression, the anxiety...all gone. This was hugely affecting my relationship (he almost walked away) and work life too. My relationship is now in the best place ever and I am happy going in to work. The little things do not bother me like they did before. I do not have blunted feelings and I have not lost my sex drive! Hang in there!"

FeelingBetterNow (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been taking 40-60mg of fluoxetine (prozac) for depression for about 4 years and had never realised it had such an effect on my fibro until now. I have been COMPLETELY pain and fatigue free for a few years and stupidly thought my fibromyalgia had just gone away but I came off the prozac a month ago and it is back with a vengeance. I cannot attribute it to anything else. Fluoxetine has totally relieved me of my depression AND fibromyalgia and i cannot recommend it enough. I really hope it can help others as much as it has helped me."

canessa May 19, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I was prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg for 2 weeks of the month and it has changed my life. The first week I had some nasty side effects - kept waking at night, nightmares, nausea, generally spaced out and tired - but also some more welcome ones - loss of appetite and really wanted to exercise. I barely noticed my period coming that first month. For the first time in as long as I could remember I didn't hate everyone or want to cry, and I was able to have normal social encounters without complete paranoia setting in! It was like I had got my old self back. 9 months in now, I am quite happily still taking them. Definitely worth trying if you do get really bad PMS."

Worthatry May 19, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on Prozac 20mg since almost 2 months, for having severe depression and suicidal thoughts and death scenarios, I just want to say that this medicine is a life savior, it works miracles, regardless the fact of having so much dizziness (especially when working out), but thoughts get more positive by time."

Jackleine (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015