Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Premature Ejaculation 0 reviews 0 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 29 medications

2.7
Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 507 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Fluoxetine

Review by Leta B (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been taking 10mg for five weeks and I feel nothing but worse - more sluggish, more depressed, more unfocused, and not just depressed as I was but angry and depressed.

March 25, 2015 7:43 PM

Review by Jeff235235:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Prozac really saved my life 6 years ago when I was suffering from major Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Insomnia related to it. Tried to stop it few times but always had to come back. No sexual side effects even at 40mg/day. Unofortunately it seemed that the medicine had pooped-out on me after 5 years and I currently started taking Paxil.

March 24, 2015 5:02 AM

Review by Kendall221:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I was on this medicine for two weeks, i felt fine even a little happier, but for 3 days straight I went into a major depression, I have stopped taking it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2015 10:13 AM

Review by Geefeye (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Wife forced me to go to the doctors for work related stress and I was prescribed Fluoxetine. 4 days later she said I'd had a personality change over night. I feel so much better. No more grumps or irrtations which believe it or not, I'm having a hard time coming to terms with because I seriously didn't realise I was that bad.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2015 12:17 AM

Review by ColRanger (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: Helped control Anger issue but after 90 days and two increases in doseage the Depression is unchanged

March 6, 2015 11:49 AM

Review by Rachel-:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: Suffered with depression since early teens, but hit rock bottom when a friend committed suicide, I could no longer work, couldn't eat, had panic attacks and became suicidal. After 3-4 weeks of taking Prozac I began feeling like a normal person and after 6 weeks I felt happier than I could ever remember being for years. Prozac has saved me, will happily stay on it for life if this is how it makes me feel.

March 3, 2015 9:18 PM

Review by tomo15:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I suffered extreme depression very much when my mum passed over and the doctor put me on these. They helped me think straight and think about all the bad things I'm still on them but only take one or two a week that keeps me happy and normal.

February 22, 2015 7:50 AM

Review by Horrid dreams (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I was diagnosed with parasuicide and major depressive disorder. I also suffer from obsessions, rather than compulsions, and have anxiety. This was supposed to be a cure-all for me until I started having VIVID nightmares that I thought only happened because I was maybe sleeping better. Turns out, Prozac made me lose sleep and I would wake up crying with my heart pounding. My brother had died, so having vivid nightmares related to him dying and other people dying was absolutely intolerable. I would lay in bed and cry because I was afraid to go to sleep. I would force myself to stay up so I didn't have to dream. It was a living nightmare. I had no idea that that was a possible side effect, and the medicine was put on my allergy list.

February 21, 2015 9:07 AM

Review by Paulied:

For Anxiety and Stress: I was on Paxil 40mg for years and my anxiety was very minimal. I switched to Prozac couple of months ago because I thought the weight gain and side effects from Paxil was too much. Now after about 8 weeks on Prozac 20mg my anxiety isn't getting better and I'm often dealing with anxiety/panic again. My Np tried to switch me from 20 mg daily to 40mg 3 days a week but I thought that was making anxiety worse.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 12:07 PM

Review by Vizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Panic Disorder: I was on 10mg Prozac for general anxiety and panic attacks for 2 years. I had no side effects and my panic attacks decreased tremendously. However I recently started having them again so my doc worked me up to 40mg/day. I feel happy. But I feel like it is too much. I don't feel love anymore, and I feel like my emotions are so flat that although I'm not getting the panic attacks, I would almost rather deal with them than be unable to feel emotions. I have been dating a guy for 2 years, and all of a sudden after being on 40mg daily for six weeks I don't feel like I'm in love with him anymore. I can't tell if it is because of the medication or if it is actually me. I will be talking to my doc about decreasing my dose to 20mg.

February 14, 2015 10:05 PM

Review by bkms (taken for 10 years or more):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: Helps with depression and anxiety.

February 8, 2015 9:44 PM

Review by panic_bug:

For Panic Disorder: I suffered panic attacks and anxiety most of my life but started having several a day after a move and job change. I tried Zoloft 25 mg first and had extreme jitteriness, nausea and shaking (sertraline reaction). My doctor switched me to a low dose of Prozac to start with (5 mg...half a 10 mg tablet). After 2 weeks he moved me to 10 mg but I had nausea and shakiness. He said to go back to 5 mg. I had to continue Xanax as needed for my first month. The attacks slowly became less severe then disappeared. 1 month now since an attack and I only take 5 mg. This has changed my life.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 10:37 PM

Review by Relieved7:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I honestly feel that this medication saved my sanity and my life. After going through an extreme amount of stress in a short time, and then having a miscarriage, I started having extreme panic attacks out of the blue. I was having them almost every day; one night I was laying in the couch for four hours shaking uncontrollably and thinking I was going to die. Finally saw a psychiatrist who put me on 20 mg of Prozac per day. At first, it made me dizzy and gave me headaches, and I couldn't sleep. I was ready to give up and try something else, but finally after about 6-7 full weeks, I started to feel better and the panic attacks stopped. Haven't had an attack in over 3 months and I feel like myself again. I am also taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin to sleep.

February 1, 2015 1:18 PM

Review by Happy Seahorse:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: It works really well my mood and depression are better. My only possible complaint is a constant upset stomach.

January 27, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by Jlo Marie:

For Depression: This isn't a miracle pill but it does help. I'm a bigger girl was very depressed wasn't focused, couldn't and wouldn't do nothing lazy but this has helped me with my depression helped me lose weight and helped with my feelings. Love this I'm so clam and happy.

January 24, 2015 11:25 AM

Review by lorrelly (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I started with a very low dose to treat depression - 10mg. I also had become quite the 'alcoholic'; binge drinking right down to the last drop. Had no motivation and lots of self pity. Prozac helped me recover my lost personality; gave me hope and curbed the drinking to full time sobriety. I take 20mg a day - I would suggest that folks give it two months before giving up. I'm glad I did. Nine months of no drinking and I work full time.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 4:33 PM

Review by piegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I am so happy that I finally received a diagnosis and treatment! Ever since I was about 19 years old (29 now) I have dealt with depression that came in waves. My anxiety and obsessive tendencies didn't begin until I was 22 and had the military. I always thought that the high stress situation just fed into my depression and caused anxiety and obsession. I finally decided to seek help and I was shocked to find out that I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder which causes depression and anxiety. I started on Prozac and within the first 6 weeks I felt a rush of relief. I no longer obsessed over the smallest things. I feel so much happier and my friends and family notice the difference big time!

January 22, 2015 11:37 PM

Review by Simone1013 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: Keeps my moods within a normal range. It allows me to experience sad feelings and happy feelings Does not leave me with a blank face or blank feelings, like other antidepressants did.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 6:13 AM

Review by Nord:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have been off Prozac for about 4 weeks now...after starting 2 years ago for a terrible depression/sadness/menopause. Wanted to take a Holiday to see what would happen. When on Prozac side effects like decrease sexual drive and slight weight gain, otherwise it put my menopause symptoms in control Decrease my hot flashes, helped my sadness, and gave relief for some mild OCD that I have had for years. Now when I am off the medicine I notice and increase in my OCD behaviors. Not concentrating as well at work. Sexual appetite is still not that great despite a wonderful patient husband (could still just be the menopause). Hot flashes have not really returned and I do not feel overwhelmingly sad. I will start Prozac tomorrow and see if it help with OCD.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2015 5:13 PM

Review by Melvin am (taken for less than 1 month):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Very good treatment option it was my first SSRI and I was taking it for Anxiety and other stress I couldn't handle, as well as some therapy and coping mechanisms this medicine is great. I take 10 mg and even that is enough to get rid of anxiety however it does make you lose your sex drive and can make you completely lose Interest in any sexual activity, but all in out its a good treatment.

January 20, 2015 4:39 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Had Panic attacks for 3 years until started on Prozac. Stopped after two weeks. Made a wonderful difference in my anxiety and depression.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 6:54 PM

Review by Tiffanee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sarafem (fluoxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I am totally shocked, but it actually worked. Extremely well. If only I had discovered this sooner I might still have a boyfriend....

January 3, 2015 10:33 PM

Review by Tiffers1:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I can't believe it, but this actually worked. No more crazy breakdowns before my period that damage my life irreparably. If only I'd discovered this sooner I might still have a boyfriend.

January 3, 2015 12:04 PM

Review by CaliforniaGuy77:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I used to have horrible nightmares, couldn't sleep sometimes because of visions in the dark, occasional sudden bouts of intense unjustified anger, etc. I've been on Prozac more or less (I'm not great about taking the pills) for 10 years now. I probably average 20 mg/day over time. If I stop taking it for several weeks, I will notice the angry spells starting to come back, etc, and that's my cue that I need to start taking it again. It has been very helpful for me. It's not a cure all, and maybe the highs of life are not as frequent, but they still come. And I'd rather have that and contentment than the awful lows. No free rides, but I enjoy my friends, exercise, family, and relationships. Overall, a Godsend for me.

December 22, 2014 3:17 AM

Review by Tiger beck (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have bipolar and was put on 750mg of Depokote and 5mg of olanzapine, I later started suffering from depression so my psychiatrist put me on fluoxetine. All I can say is this medicine saved my life, I cannot believe the difference, I am a much happier person. I tried taking fluoxetine without olanzapine and couldn't sleep so went back on olanzipine at a low dose.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate