User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 6 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 29 medications

2.8
Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 473 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Fluoxetine

Review by Tiger beck (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have bipolar and was put on 750mg of Depokote and 5mg of olanzapine, I later started suffering from depression so my psychiatrist put me on fluoxetine. All I can say is this medicine saved my life, I cannot believe the difference, I am a much happier person. I tried taking fluoxetine without olanzapine and couldn't sleep so went back on olanzipine at a low dose.

December 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Review by eh11111:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: On 10 mg I stopped blushing, thought I became social. It helped for social anxiety even though I was taking it for depression. I don't know though, because I had panic attacks, muscle stiffness (dislocated my shoulder), was manic, heard vioces on 20mg. 20mg was extremely intense, blew my anxiety way up. Very scary.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2014 5:24 AM

Review by Rose1379873:

For Depression: Didn't work at all, found it only made me feel worse.

November 29, 2014 5:18 AM

Review by ljj2014:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Was prescribed fluoxetine and have been taking for about 6 months. Was prescribed this for my perimenopause moodiness. Everyone was getting on my nerves I just wanted to scream every time one of my co-workers asked me a simple question. This has been life changing for me, things don't bother me like they did before. I wish I would have told my Gyn about my moodiness with PMS would have been nice to take this for that.

November 26, 2014 12:03 AM

Review by Savedme:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I have had 0 panic attacks all my life until last Oct when I got my 1st one which I called 911. 2 days later I had another one in which I was taken to the ER and given Ativan they said due to panic attack/anxiety. Scared me both times felt like I was dying. The nurse said she took Lexapro so I asked my doc to let me try that one first since the nurse had great luck, but I didn't like it! My coworker told me she takes Prozac so I switched meds to try it and WOW, not anxious like I want to pass out at the grocery store or in the middle of a packed restaurant! I have been taking 20mg and my doc said since I had such success he wants me on 40mg. This medication Prozac has let me live life again and not feel like I'm going to pass out in public.

November 17, 2014 9:08 PM

Review by Lorenzo P:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: In 1995, I was miserable for no particular reason and was diagnosed with depression and prescribed Prozac. Great life, depression in check. In 2013, I weened myself off it because I didn't think I needed it anymore. As luck would have it, I hit a period of challenging events in life that they brain interpreted as trauma. To cope, I began drinking a little which evolved into daily. I concluded that I had gone off Prozac, decreased self control and created a personal crisis. I'm back on Prozac and my moods have leveled off and I so far have the ability to abstain. I won't go off it again.

November 14, 2014 6:32 PM

Review by Male 47:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I started on 20 mg of Prozac for GAD. The first two weeks have been hell - insomnia, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, and anxiety. The side effects seem to be subsiding. Now more balanced than before.

November 9, 2014 2:18 PM

Review by jp. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: It worked great for me.. but towards the end put on 10 pounds.. but it really kept my mind positive and stable.

November 5, 2014 11:07 AM

Review by gigismom74:

For Anxiety and Stress: I had Post Partum Depression after my baby was born and ignored it thinking it would go away..after 18 months..it blew up in my face. I had severe panic attacks was constantly in a state of fear and vertigo. I could not sit still. I would dry heave every morning or before I had to go anywhere, severe social anxiety, severe hypochondria. I would spend hours looking up a disease I thought I had at a specific time. I would cry at the drop of a hat. Xanax was helping but maybe for an hour a day. I had huge outbursts of anger. I would keep thinking negative thoughts..thought that I could not live any longer like this. I was reluctant to take it at first but then said...I can't feel any worse. I've been on it since Aug 8th 2014.

November 2, 2014 6:30 PM

Review by Js94 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: works

November 2, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by jonathon1990:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: I treated my major depression with any type of narcotics or benzos. I was so depressed just wanted to die. But I found Prozac. Now loving life clean sober and happy. Please try this medication. 40 mg 1xday. Free at local health department

November 1, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by CamiK:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I've been taking fluoxetine for 6 months now. I started taking at night after my first day due to drowsiness. I wake up periodically through out the night. My dr says it's not the medicine. But it has to be. I haven't had a good nights sleep in months! & I've always loved to sleep. The medicine works awesome though

November 1, 2014 4:46 PM

Review by wer2:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: The best SSRI, beat depression, anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

October 24, 2014 1:15 AM

Review by luv1977 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I suffered horribly with post partum depression and severe anxiety for 2 years after the birth. Felt so terrible. All the time, felt like I couldn't do anything. Everything overwhelmed me. Tried Prozac and didn't notice a difference for 2 weeks, then slowly started feeling calmer and could somewhat focus on tasks and errands. I started supplements, vitamin D3 and fish oil. Felt more relief with this combination of Prozac and supplements. Noticed a lift of mood and sleep was once again welcomed instead of torture. I had severe insomnia during my Depression. All I can say is I've been on this combination for 5 almost 6 years and felt much better. My heart goes out to anyone suffering from this illness.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 9:29 PM

Review by Raya1128:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Saved my life.

October 22, 2014 4:38 PM

Review by LoveMiami:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I'm on week one and I feel a difference already. Been depressed for years on and off. Finally felt strong enough to share my story with someone and was diagnosed severe depression. I always thought the way out of depression is to fix was is bothering you and everything will be fine. 6 Years later, I missed out on fun, laughter and family. Won't let time fly by anymore. I hope I continue to want to go outside, meet people and lose weight. I will keep you posted.

October 20, 2014 10:52 PM

Review by liked prozac (taken for 10 years or more):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been on Prozac for approx 25 years. Whenever I try to get off of it I never feel as good as I do when I take it. I recommend this medicine to treat depression, anxiety, bulimia, obsessive compulsive disorder and stress.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2014 4:46 PM

Review by delarla123:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I feel good...not great...but better than before. I can't lose weight and I am on 40mg.

October 10, 2014 1:23 AM

Review by Dave UK:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I've been taking this now for about six weeks. At first it worked well, but for the last two weeks it seems to have stopped working. I've been taking ten tablets a day for the last 6 days, that's 200mg daily, of fluoxetine and it does nothing. I'm going to call my doctor and ask to try something else.

October 5, 2014 11:30 AM

Review by nurseminnie:

For Bulimia: I have taken Prozac for depression intermittently for a few years it has taken me until tonight to realise that when I have gone for a few weeks without taking it is the times when I binge eat the most. Also I have been taking it a various different times of the day. Tonight I took it at 11.00pm and slept until 3.00am reading these articles on this and other pages has made me realise where I have gone wrong. So now is the time to put things right again. I feel so much happier just knowing what I know now.

October 3, 2014 11:07 PM

Review by onalevel (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was prescribed fluoxetine for anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder about a year ago but I stopped it for around three months and went back on it around six weeks ago. I also tried citalopram but I didn't like them. I've also had treatment but I have to say fluoxetine has beaten it all, I've never been so mentally free, it feels surreal and seems too good to be true. I haven't been sleeping well and I was sweating a hell of a lot at first.

October 3, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by Cristina908:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking this for a month now. I am taking Fluoxetine 10 mg for depression and anxiety. I am 20 years old. I have had anxiety and been having panic attacks for years. Recently, it's gotten worse and I gathered the courage to go to a Dr. He prescribed this medication for 3 months. I started feeling the effects about 2 1/2 weeks in. The daily pangs of anxiety are gone, and I feel so much better already. I am so glad I went to the Dr. and so thankful for this medication. I can describe the feeling as normal, and relieved. The side effects I have experienced have been headache while taking it on an empty stomach. Besides that, I have absolutely no complaints.

September 30, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by Dr jeckle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I went from 20mg to 60mg and felt tip top. It curbed my obsessive compulsive disorder and it no longer ruled my life completely. Unfortunately I was feeling that good I started drinking, TO OFTEN, which stopped the medication working. I then convinced myself it would no longer work even though I stopped drinking. I then went onto citalopram, which did nothing for me at all. I then missed a docs appointment and then decided I would get through it all without tablets. I was ok for a while until the anxiety, OCD started to bully me again, I was a nightmare to live with, countless arguments with my missus, I couldn't handle anything shouting, screaming at my children. I'm back on fluoxedtine now, and really regret coming off it like I did.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2014 1:24 PM

Review by aem0020 (taken for less than 1 month):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Prozac worked wonders for my anxiety and mild depression. I always struggled with PMS-related anxiety, but after some big life changes, morning anxiety was more and more frequent and my motivation and drive to accomplish anything was low. I didn't want to get out of bed, even though nothing was wrong with my life. I just had an overarching feeling of hopelessness. Went to the doctor and she prescribed 20mg. Had bad nausea the first two weeks, then it went away, but I was still struggling with anxiety some mornings. She bumped me up to 40mg, and although it's only been a few days, I can totally tell a difference. I'm more motivated, happy and content. No anxiety. No nausea. Grateful for this med. I feel good for the first time in awhile.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 4:34 PM

Review by spinelessplague:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been an anxiety/depression patient for 5 years now. Have taken all kinds of medicines have had stints of quitting only to fall back on the meds, went medication free for 3 full months before symptoms began to show again. can honestly say that FOR ME Prozac has allowed me to live life. At my worst I wasn't even able to go in a store even if it was only for one item. Now I can take my kids grocery shopping with no issues. Like I said FOR ME this has worked.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 8:33 PM