User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Premature Ejaculation 0 reviews 0 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 28 medications

2.7
Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 558 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Fluoxetine

For Anxiety and Stress: "Started 6th of May so hasn't been long. Suffered severe Post-Natal Depression with youngest child 9 years ago, got over that and have been fine up until recently. I had a miscarriage over Christmas and over the months following found myself getting very low again but most of all noticed the anxiety, hypochondria and irritation. Doctor put me 20mg Fluoxetine a day and seems to be good so far. Definately less anxiety but also definately lack of energy and I have tiredness. No matter how much sleep I get I feel like a Zombie in the morning and yawn a lot until I have some coffee. My sense of humour, libido and appetite have decreased but I am putting that down to 'can't be bothered' feeling. Sticking with it for now. Gives hangover from hell too!!!"

DottyUnicorn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Taking for 2 mths. I have had some side effects...in the beginning just overall weird feeling, exhaustion, wake up feeling like I hadn't slept, dry mouth, headaches, at the one month mark I started getting bad indigestion (now I take an acid reducer pill and half glass of milk). But they almost all have gone away and now I feel great! The anger, the negative thinking, the impulsive verbal reactions, the depression, the anxiety...all gone. This was hugely affecting my relationship (he almost walked away) and work life too. My relationship is now in the best place ever and I am happy going in to work. The little things do not bother me like they did before. I do not have blunted feelings and I have not lost my sex drive! Hang in there!"

FeelingBetterNow (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been taking 40-60mg of fluoxetine (prozac) for depression for about 4 years and had never realised it had such an effect on my fibro until now. I have been COMPLETELY pain and fatigue free for a few years and stupidly thought my fibromyalgia had just gone away but I came off the prozac a month ago and it is back with a vengeance. I cannot attribute it to anything else. Fluoxetine has totally relieved me of my depression AND fibromyalgia and i cannot recommend it enough. I really hope it can help others as much as it has helped me."

canessa May 19, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I was prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg for 2 weeks of the month and it has changed my life. The first week I had some nasty side effects - kept waking at night, nightmares, nausea, generally spaced out and tired - but also some more welcome ones - loss of appetite and really wanted to exercise. I barely noticed my period coming that first month. For the first time in as long as I could remember I didn't hate everyone or want to cry, and I was able to have normal social encounters without complete paranoia setting in! It was like I had got my old self back. 9 months in now, I am quite happily still taking them. Definitely worth trying if you do get really bad PMS."

Worthatry May 19, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on Prozac 20mg since almost 2 months, for having severe depression and suicidal thoughts and death scenarios, I just want to say that this medicine is a life savior, it works miracles, regardless the fact of having so much dizziness (especially when working out), but thoughts get more positive by time."

Jackleine (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I had my 2nd baby 5 months ago and was having postpartum depression symptoms that turned into extreme anxiety. I was always irritated and very short tempered. My 8 year old had to hear me screaming and fighting with my husband and I felt so bad for her. I finally made it to the doctor and was prescribed prozac. It is literally saving my life!! I feel happier and less stressed. I don't know if it's making me tired since I have an infant and I'm tired anyway. Although it's been a short time that I'm taking it, I definitely feel the difference!"

Elated27 (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I have tried everything from tricyclics, serzone lexapro, Welbutrin, celexa, everthing under the sun. I just recently started on prozac about 2 weeks ago (straight from lexapro) and the results have been amazing! I sleep well, my dreams are pleasant now and my brain doesn't over analyze everything. I wake up early feeling good which I haven't in years. I have ambition and energy, get shit done and look for more to do. Finally something that works! I haven't had the opportunity to see if there are any sexual side effects yet but hopefully soon! Lol."

jraid2 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Great for anxiety. I find that I like life a lot more - I like people more. Finally got off Klonopan, which I couldn't live without. The problem is major lethargy. I've tried taking it morning and night, but the tiredness is still there. I'm hoping that goes away with time. I have been on it for 5 weeks."

Anonymous May 17, 2015

For Depression: "I have been on these since 1997 and since January this year (2015) I came off them, I feel terrible and have noticed I do need them and they do work wonders."

lizzy 69 May 17, 2015

For Depression: "Can't stop laughing when taking this. This medicine makes me very giddy and I guess in a huge way that keeps me from breaking down and crying. I would not recommend taking this if you're working. I can't do any serious work when I'm taking this medication. I'm in the mood to put on some pj's and watch Spongebob."

Carlyo (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

For Depression: "This pill made my life hell. It increased my suicidal ideation and I attempted a few times on it. I felt dissociation and I became even more depressed. They wouldn't let me off it, however, and actually increased my dosage to above the maximum adult dose before I finally was able to stop taking it. Upon stopping the medication I felt better and was less suicidal."

p1kfl0yd (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "It works for me. Years of PMT now I feel normal."

man67 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "After suffering for some time with PMT I decided I couldn't continue the way I was as it was interfering with my personal life aswel as my work life. I spoke to my GP who offered me some different options, Prozac being one of them. At that point I felt I couldn't carry on the way I was so gave Prozac a try. I've been on it for around 6 weeks now and already feel 'normal' again. I don't feel anxious or hate myself. It seems to have cleared my thoughts. It's still early but it's definatly helped me get back to my old self."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "Incredible. To think a simple pill would be so life changing. 21 year old married mother of two , I've been struggling with depression and anxiety, especially social anxiety my entire life. I was at the end of my rope, starting to think depression wasn't even a real thing, it was just normal to feel like shit. Literally the first day I felt okay. A month later here I am exercising everyday in my spotless house and playing with my kids. No more emotional eating I've lost fifteen freaking pounds I have the energy and focus to do EVERYTHING. I only wish I would have tried it sooner. I thought it would make me feel like a numb robot but I still feel like me, just a better me. Really looking forward to my future on Prozac."

assleigh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

For Binge Eating Disorder: "I began taking Prozac ~8 weeks ago for mild depression. At the last minute I learned it may also help with Binge Eating Disorder, which I've struggled with for 25 years. Within 3 days of taking 10mg/day, I had zero obsession with food. I ate, but easily stopped after 2 oreos, no joke, it felt like a total miracle! However at ~7 weeks, I realized I'd started a binge cycle again, and ate everything in sight for about a week. I suspect my dose is too low and my brain adjusted and no longer benefits from my 10 mg. I'm started taking a 2nd pill every other day for an avg dose of 15mg in hopes of getting back to that sweet spot with my BED. I read most folks don't see Prozac work for BED until 60mg, has anyone had luck taking less?"

jwatinCO (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "A renowned medication to help PMDD, but barely helped me. Helped with my anxiety and depression quite well (despite lack of emotion), but always got hormonal monthly, which was confusing. It actually made some symptoms worse. On Lexapro now, so hopefully that helps!"

Danika2602 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I have suffered from PMS or PMDD most of my life. It was such a horrible experience for me that I would have crying spells; have arguments with people; I would shut down at work or would have to take at least 1 day off during the week of my period. I tried several different birth controls but they didn't work so I finally asked for Prozac after hearing it did wonders for a co worker. Ive been on it one month; my cycle came on today (TMI) and I still feel great! I can't believe it!!"

ZC April 28, 2015

For Depression: "I have suffered from severe depression/anxiety for 9 years now. I also suffer from PTSD. I have tried almost everything out there, and Prozac is the only antidepressant that I can take and that works for me. I am very sensitive to medication, and I'm glad I have found at least one medication that helps my severe depression. It helps motivate me and keeps me alive. I have been on 10 mg for a long time, and then recently went to 20 mg. I think I need to increase my dosage even more so. But it has been the only reliable medication I have ever taken, and for the longest duration."

etherealmoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I have suffered from severe depression/anxiety for 9 years now. I also suffer from PTSD. I have tried almost everything out there, and Prozac is the only antidepressant that I can take and that works for me. I am very sensitive to medication, and I'm glad I have found at least one medication that helps my severe depression. It helps motivate me and keeps me alive. I have been on 10 mg for a long time, and then recently went to 20 mg. I think I need to increase my dosage even more so. But it has been the only reliable medication I have ever taken, and for the longest duration."

etherealmoon April 28, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I had been taking this for a really long time and it worked....for a while. I take 60 mg and it seems to be doing nothing now. I was just prescribed a booster and I really hope it works. I am miserable I have moderate to severe intrusional thoughts."

1213455624572 April 27, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have OCD and I've been on Prozac for a short time, but it is so, so helpful. It's stemmed my obsessions a lot, to the point where I can actually focus in class and get my schoolwork done. I've had a few side effects such as weight gain, irregular appetite, and some weird moods, but it's all worth it."

Nimm (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: " Recommend using Lovan 20mg the generic brand of Prozac. Break in half to start at 10mg a day. Your looking for small signs of success. Keep a daily journal of your time taking it so you can look back TRUST ME this helps when spotting reaction patterns and finding right exact dosage amount. For some LESS Prozac is more benefit. Mania / sweating / twitching muscles was part of my first 2 months but settled down. Alcohol leaves toxins in your blood for 2 days that stop the medication working fully. Sex drive gone by 80%.** I have still had to apply daily mental awareness techniques and being aware of my thoughts to get great results. Not been a cure all but is brilliant"

Hugo. Depressive episodes. Ocd. Tourettes. Anxiety April 25, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Where do I begin....wow this medicine has really given me my life back! I truly felt like I was loosing my mind before I started taking this. I am in my late 30's, and for the past couple years I have tried several other medications for my severe mood swings (PMS). Being a mother of 3, with a husband, and working as a full time critical care nurse, I needed my life back!! My doctor said she had been going back to the "old faithful" Prozac for a lot of her patients. And boy am I glad I finally tried this one! I haven't had any of the crazy side effects I was scared of, and I feel calmer, happier, and not so socially awkward. I'm only on 20mg, but I feel wonderful with this."

Nurse76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I would have to say this medicine really saved my life . I couldn't even go through life at first , I started to believe that I would deal with anxiety forever . I highly recommend This medication to anyone suffering from anxiety . At first my anxiety got worse and I was nauseous and couldn't sleep , but after about two and a half weeks my anxiety completely vanished! I feel better than ever now and I'm only on the 20 mg . Anyone wanting to take Prozac I encourage you to"

danae_ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have titled this 'anxiety and stress' but also have been suffering from major depression, suicidal ideation, Pure-O OCD, and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I'm currently on 20mg Fluoxetine, and can honestly say that this medication has saved my life. It hasn't been plain sailing. I've had periods when I felt so tired that I couldn't move, and I had the worst panic attacks and anxiety ever for the first couple of weeks. Hang in there! I purposely ensured that my dosages increased gradually (similar to the 'cranzac method'), so it's probably another 10-12 days before I get the full 20mg effect, so I am expecting even more side effects. But I feel indescribably better than before. A true wonder drug, if you can stick out the bad days."

Carrieb78 (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015