User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Premature Ejaculation 0 reviews 0 medications

6.1
Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 28 medications

2.8
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 429 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Fluoxetine

Review by Amgama:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: Prozac is really a life saver.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 10:38 AM

Review by SarahSwar:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Bulimia: I've struggled with bulimia (as well as depression/mood disorder) for about eight years now. I've been on Prozac three separate times (I quit taking it during my pregnancies) and I stop binging and purging every time I get back on it. It has also benefited my relationships and improved my parenting abilities. Every other medication I tried was just too hard on me, but Prozac doesn't affect me in any noticeably negative way.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by not bad, but sad. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Postpartum Depression: Was able to lift me out of a severe Postpartum depression.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2014 10:33 PM

Review by LL_CO (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I told my OBGYN that I was having a lot of depression and Rage associated with PMS (heightened by life stress). She recommended fluoxetine for the time between ovulation and when my period starts. I started that day (perfect timing). The side effects that first cycle were extreme. I was exhausted, sweating more, LOW/NO sex drive, couldn't achieve orgasm, numb emotions, but I read online that these subside over time {AND THEY HAVE}. I have gone through 7 cycles with the medication. I hope to reduce from 20mg to 10mg and have done reduced some my first 6 days to 10mg and 20 mg the remaining. It is working well for me and allowing me some emotional freedom to get back to exercising, etc. I am grateful for this medication! So is hubby.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 10:32 AM

Review by V-R:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have suffered from anxiety for about 20 yrs my doctor switched me to Prozac and I have to say I'm always been anxious but now I'm anxious AND depressed! What's the deal? It's been almost 3 mos and I'm taking it religiously, are there any long time users that can shed some light? Does it get better? I've had over 4 panic attacks since I've started this medication.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2014 6:09 PM

Review by usedtobesoanxious:

For Anxiety and Stress: Great for me! Life changer. My day to day anxiety is pretty much gone. I take 40 mg every night. A bit more tired in the mornings making it harder to wake up. Decreased sex drive. Still take 2 to 3 mg of Xanax only when giving speeches and presentations to large groups (only when needed as Xanax can be dangerous).

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2014 6:46 PM

Review by Hv50 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I've been on Prozac for just about 3 months. At first I did not notice a difference for about a month then I started feeling more energized for a few weeks however the weight is going on as fast as grass grows. I'm seeing my doctor today and need to switch. I've even been working out, walking and have been more active. The weight gain is awful, at least for me.

June 17, 2014 7:57 AM

Review by RayS45672:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have Obessive compulsive disorder which causes a lot of anxiety and depression. Prozac has improved my quality of life I'm now a calm happy person with a great family of my own after being on Prozac a year. It really helps me focus on the real problems in my life and reaching a resolution instead of just feeling overwhelmed. It also greatly increases my energy and focus! It does not make me a zombie to emotion but it does prevent me from obsessing and lingering on how things make me feel. I still feel sad anger etc but in normal amounts like everyone else. Aside from very detailed dreams I've had no negative side effects.

June 14, 2014 9:22 AM

Review by Sarcastra (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I have lived with Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder for almost 3 decades. I was prescribed this wonderful pill to help me and I adore it! My flow is now moderate to light for the first time since I started my cycle. I no longer have nausea inducing back cramps and my cycle has shortened from 6.5 days to 4.5 - 5 days. Even better, my irritability has decreased and the Hulk no longer screams and runs from me in terror when I have my period. It is a relief to be free of uncontrollable irritability, awful cramps, heavy flow and depression.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2014 8:44 AM

Review by Rob C:

For Anxiety and Stress: There are pros and cons with Prozac. The pros: helped me a lot with generalized anxiety and obsessive thinking. It's a cheap medicine. The cons: made some emotions that I wanted to experience, a bit numb. My Mum passed away last year, and it was difficult to grieve for her because I couldn't feel the full weight of the emotion. Also, if/when coming off Prozac, the withdrawal can be difficult if not managed properly.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2014 6:09 PM

Review by yournickname (taken for less than 1 month):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Not happy, not sad, just there. Actually not even there... Everything is kind of like a daze. But it feels alot better then being crazy stressed out all the time and freaking out over trivial things, just I don't feel like myself. But the good thing is I'm living in the moment instead of the past or worrying about the future.

June 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Review by Decadelost:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Bulimia: I had an eating disorder for almost a decade and Prozac really stopped the thoughts and behaviors

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by liked prozac (taken for 10 years or more):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I took Prozac for about 25 years with good results

June 10, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by mamajen:

Sarafem (fluoxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I have suffered from Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder for most of my life but wasn't aware that's what I was going through. Just last month got diagnosed FINALLY and I am a totally new person on the Sarafem. Not different in terms of my personality. Just who I am without all the rage and mood swings. My relationships with my husband and kids is drastically improved. I did have some sleeplessness in the first week but other than that, no side effects. It has changed my life. I look forward to actually living now. I don't like resorting to medicine right away. But I really wish I would have considered this sooner.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2014 1:32 AM

Review by familiaa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I've been on Prozac for a month and it really helps with the depression.

May 31, 2014 9:28 AM

Review by amandamariee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I've been on Prozac for a little over a year for depression and anxiety. I'm on 20mg since I was 14. Personally I think it was too much for my system when I first started taking it. I was like an ADHD child. Couldn't calm down. Jumping around everywhere and could barely sleep at night. And with me being a 100lb 14 year old; my mother thought so too. Now that I'm 16, I think this medication isn't working for me anymore. I'm becoming more and more depressed and my anxiety level is at its highest. I keep having panic attacks also. Prozac was amazing for me up til now. But I do believe that my body has gotten used to this medication. I'm talking to my doctor soon as possible to maybe raise my dosage.

May 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Review by Gc2466:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Did not have the best experience with this medication, but antidepressants and anxiety medications react differently for each person. For the 5 months that I was on Prozac, it improved my anxiety, but every time my dosage was changed, my depression got much worse and fluctuated greatly. It got so bad that I had to switch medications. Again, every medication reacts differently for everyone.

May 22, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Evie dog (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been put on fluoxetine twice. On the second time of taking it I suffered with all the stated side effects as my body got used to it. Infact I got worse for about two weeks. I would urge anyone feeling like this in the first 2-3 weeks of taking it to stick with it! I haven't suffered with any major side effects since my body got used to it but one sticks out. My dreams have become VERY long and vivid and I can recall them most nights. I wonder if anybody else has experienced this? Anyway if it's new to you and your unsure - keep going!

May 22, 2014 2:56 AM

Review by Cyrnix (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Marvellous, restored my dignity, anxiety management and sleep.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 17, 2014 1:50 PM

Review by Depressed in Vegas (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: I started a very low dosage and worked upward until I found what worked for me (40mg). However, as my depression got worse and worse, the Prozac actually stopped working altogether no matter how much it was increased! It's a good medicine for mild to moderate depression, but there are better choices for major depression.

May 17, 2014 5:47 AM

Review by minnykays (taken for 10 years or more):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: Excellent for Major Depressive Disorder, as well as some mixed anxiety disorders.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by wickedsmile:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Ok this is my third review in just less than a year. Here are the pros: weight loss (16 pounds lost), eliminated my anxiety issues, no more Klonopin, very calm, cool and collected attitude, improved vision and I feel great! I can give presentations in front of many people without hesitation or anxiety buildup. Now for the cons: Be careful drinking alcohol after taking your daily dose. I have experienced severe impairment after just a few drinks that I normally handle with ease. Usually it happens if I forget to take my dose in the morning and take it after work instead. If I don't give it time to metabolize in my system and drink on it, 2 beers can feel like 6. Be mindful of that and do not operate machinery/cars.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by Vectron (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Hi been on Prozac after 5 years on Cipralex, feel better than ever and my weight has started to come down!

May 13, 2014 11:57 AM

Review by GADGuy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I've been taking this for approximately 6 years. Started with 10mg, then 20mg, then 40mg... I'm at a point where I know it helps me but the side effects are increasing and I'm not sure if I should lower dosage or up it. I also take Xanax up to three times a day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by olivia_nguyen (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I've been taking this pill since grade 10 (so I've been on the medication for 4 yrs now) and I haven't experienced any bad side effects. But in my opinion, it didn't fully help me recover. Even over a year I've taken it, I would still get thoughts of suicide or hurting myself, either if it's physically or emotionally. But since last summer when I've told my youth worker about what's been going over in my life and she suggested I go to my psychologist and see if he'll up my dose or use a different medication or using therapy. I've went from 20 to 30 mg and I've been doing a lot better in my college tests and exams.

May 3, 2014 1:06 PM