Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Seasonal Affective Disorder 8 reviews 2 medications

Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bupropion reviews 674 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Bupropion

Review by Thromboman (taken for less than 1 month):

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: Smoking @ 16 for 41 years, had in that time 2 dvt's. Stopped after first day on Zyban, never touched tobacco since. Fabulous product.

April 18, 2015 7:38 AM

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: Absolutely miracle med for smoking cessation! I smoked for 15 yrs (anywhere from 2-4 packs/day). Had the attitude, "if I quit, I quit; if I don't, I don't". Within 10 days I stopped. I did experience a few side-effects that were no big deal (insomnia, funny taste in mouth). I didn't have a "stop-date" just one day I lit a cigarette, took about three drags then put it out. That was 14 yrs ago. Took me about 5 yrs to say I quit - I always said, "I haven't had a cigarette in a while". I still have my 1/2 carton as my trophy ;-)

April 17, 2015 3:26 PM

Review by Pauli T:

For Smoking Cessation: Today I was looking up the side effects of Bupropion HCL 150mg. two a day. I have been taking this for depression & have found it working. I have the ability now to diet & exercize & I want to interact more. So, as I am reading the side effects I notice that its also used to stop smoking. I didn't know this. I have smoked for 30 yrs aprox & thought I had just stopped smoking for no reason & without even trying. I wondered why I had almost no interest in cigarettes any more, some days even forgetting to have a cigarette! If I do smoke it's just 1 or 2 in the evening & not every day and the feeling I have is not at all a craving. It's more like I will myself to have a smoke because it's what I do (habit), but I don't need one & hardly even want it!

April 16, 2015 8:53 AM

Review by jmmacfarlane:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety, as well as a bit of OCD regarding my weight well over 10 years ago, but started taking medication for it only 2 years ago. I'm on Wellbutrin again, after a year or so off of it, for about 6 days now and I haven't felt much of a positive change whatsoever, unfortunately. The one side effect I've been getting are extreme migraines. I suffer from chronic migraines anyway, but they're never usually this bad, every day. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still coming off of the Zoloft, while starting up the Wellbutrin. Zoloft gave me awful headaches, and major weight gain along with some insomnia. I'm sticking it out and hoping that the migraines go away. I have been nauseous daily also.

April 15, 2015 11:12 AM

Review by Life changing!:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Go to Costco and sign up for their prescription program. Unbelievable difference in cost in comparison to other pharmacies. This medication saved my life.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2015 8:39 PM

Review by Vinylfind (taken for less than 1 month):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: After being prescribed this medication, I read up on it and was afraid to take it. It stayed in my drawer for three months. Recently my depression and anxiety has become serious as several difficult events on my life are unfolding. I decided to start it. This is my first day and though it may have been a placebo effect, I wasn't particularly worried. I functioned very well at work, even laughed a bit and smiled. I had no adverse reaction. I'm at the eight hour mark and still feel pretty good considering the stressful situations in front of me. I'm on 150 for three days then to 300. I hope this will give me my life back

April 14, 2015 7:29 PM

Review by Huff n puff (taken for less than 1 month):

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: Only day 2 of Zyban. But cigarettes taste like garbage truck juice and I have high hopes that I can quit. Will update when more time passes

April 13, 2015 5:28 PM

Review by Diagnosed Chronic Migrainer (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Migraine Prevention: I have titrated up to SR 450 MG, at that level for about 3 weeks. This medication has not yet helped with the head pain. However, the boost of positivity and eagerness for life has been great. Very noticeable increase in "sexual desires". Trouble sleeping, a bit jittery at times and lightheaded (due to my lower blood pressure). -I am an 18 year old Female, being treated at MHNI in Ann Arbor, MI -Currently trying Botox -Treated in the hospital 10 days and have tried many other medications Hope this was helpful for someone out there.

April 5, 2015 10:22 PM

Review by Serret:

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: Fantastic after smoking for over 20 years and 2 packages a day I took Zyban. No side effects. On the 5th day I stop...15 years ago. I follow the directions, clean my house, my clothes, my car,..took the medicine for 3 months. I picked up the day to stop smoking. I do recommend Zyban 100%.

April 4, 2015 2:56 PM

Review by Nnabuck (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: DO NOT TAKE THIS IF YOU HAVE ANXIETY OR A PANIC DISORDER. at first I loved the stuff. I had the drive to actually get out of bed and do stuff. I exercised often, lost weight, became more social. However, I suffer from anxiety and after awhile, the medication made it 1000x worse. I suffered panic attacks weekly. It's just not worth it for those who have anxiety.

April 3, 2015 10:06 AM

Review by just me 1020 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have been taking this medication for several months @ 150 mgs. It helped a bit. My doctor then increased my dose to 300 mgs. It was probably 10 days at this dosage when I stopped sleeping, my hands began to shake, overwhelming dizziness and most concerning very low blood pressure.

March 11, 2015 11:05 AM

Review by KAEST (taken for less than 1 month):

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I've been on Wellbutrin XL for a few years and recently was switched to Wellbutrin SR. I felt an immediate difference. I was dizzy the first day but the 2nd day I was alert and calm. I've lost 10 pounds in the few weeks I've been on it which is good going from 150-140.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2015 3:07 AM

Review by Poppy89:

For Anxiety: I've been on Seroquel for 4 years on 300mg. Everyday I woke up like a zombie had no energy. Everything has dark and gloomy, plus I had no energy whatsoever. I researched Bupropion I'm on 150mg only once a day. I'm still coming off Seroquel from 300/150/50mg. Since taking Bupropion I have so much more energy everything seems brighter. I seem more interested in simple things, more organized. I actually notice myself laughing at little things, I feel like I forgot to laugh so it was a strange feeling when I was. I'm still a bit groggy coming off the Seroquel but hopefully this will work for me.

March 9, 2015 7:05 PM

Review by Widner r (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Seasonal Affective Disorder: I have been taking Wellbutrin XL for several years for Seasonal Affective Disorder, taking 150 mg once a day to 300 mg once a day, depending on the level of my depression. Every year, it has helped me. In the fall, I feel a sadness coming over me, and find myself sleeping more, getting out and doing less. When I start taking the Wellbutrin, within a week, I am back to my normal self.

March 6, 2015 3:44 PM

Review by Tony!:

For Bipolar Disorder: My doctor put me on this medication because I told him I get tired and moody throughout the day.. I had no plans to quit smoking cigarettes. I have been smoking for 5 years, 1/2 pack a day. After the 4th day, the cigarette kept on tasting worse and I couldn't even smoke a whole cigarette. Hopefully I just quit, it's best for me and my health. The cravings for cigarettes aren't there anymore. On the 3rd day, I felt really weak and light at work. Felt like I was going to throw up.

March 6, 2015 3:16 AM

Review by longtimesmoker (taken for less than 1 month):

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: Before the first week was up and before I even increased my dosage, I went from smoking almost 2 packs a day to less than 5. When I tried to avoid smoking altogether right away, I had very bad headaches and a little achy. I think it does help to taper down some so your body can adjust to the change of nicotine levels. I have tried many times and many methods to quit smoking. Zyban is by far the best.

February 28, 2015 2:25 PM

Review by Rosie124 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: Major change in my mood and energy. I enjoy to do things I used to do. Wellbutrin has changed my life.

February 24, 2015 9:01 PM

Review by Michelle f (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I had a rough time starting young with major depression and anxiety since middle school. My freshman year I started taking Lexapro. It was the worst possible thing that could've happened to me. Worst side effects ever. I gained over 40 pounds. I was tiny and petite to being around 125 to 170. Tried switching from many multiple different meds, still gained weight. Then my doctor finally put me on Wellbutrin, started off with the low dose and didn't really help much. She upped me to 150. I had hyperglycemia and finally got over it and got off of metformin. I am starting to finally lose some of that weight and about to look great for senior year. I highly recommend this medicine. It makes me not hungry anymore. I'm so happy now!

February 24, 2015 6:56 PM

Review by MSR69:

Aplenzin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I have been on so many meds to find one that helps. My psychiatrist finally prescribed Aplenzin. IT WORKS! My insurance company doesn't want to pay (obviously, at over $2,000/month). They insisted I switch to Welbutrin SR. I became extremly depressed with suicidal thoughts. My psychiatrist contacted the insurance company and got them to "prior approve" it so I could continue on it. I had to add Zoloft to it but I can finally live a (mostly) depression free life. I honestly don't know where I would be without it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2015 12:46 PM

Review by Ms. Pooh (taken for less than 1 month):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: Switching from another antidepressant to Wellbutrin XL, made my depression worst. I became very hostile. Ugly mood changes. Changing from one antidepressant to another is the worst thing that I ever did in my life. Some family members are not speaking to me because of my hostile actions toward them. Every day I used was a sad day.

February 19, 2015 12:19 PM

Review by doifhsdfb:

For Smoking Cessation: The first time I was prescribed Wellbutrin for smoking cessation it worked miraculously the FIRST DAY. Weird, I know. Zero cravings. Blissfully cigarette free for 18 months. A friend offered me her e-cigarette and I honestly thought they were water vapor only. The next day I bought a pack and had "one", then off to the races. Tried to stop with Wellbutrin again and no real result so I am more addicted than ever and so disappointed in myself. After reading these experiences I feel I owe it to myself to try again. A state-sponsored program is sending me free patches and gum for 14 days. Wish me luck.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 2:37 PM

Review by Night_Owl:

For Smoking Cessation: I originally got it prescribed for depression. My doctor very casually mentioned that it would also help me quit smoking. I didn't think much of it except, "Yeah right... As long as it cures my depression." After 3 days of taking it, I didn't smoke a cigarette from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm (I usually smoked every 1 or 2 hours). By then, I realized that I hadn't smoked the whole time. I had completely forgotten that the medicine also reduced cigarette cravings. On the fourth day, I was only smoking 1/4 of what I usually did, and after I week I quit altogether.

February 6, 2015 1:27 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have tried multiple medications for my depression and this has worked the best. For the first few weeks I had trouble sleeping but after about a month that subsided. I did lose quite a bit of weight as this medication made me lose my appetite. It took me months to get my appetite back. Overall despite the side effects of loss of appetite and sleep in the beginning I really love the medicine. I take 300mg a day.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 11:17 PM

Review by mikrw33 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: This was the first antidepressant I responded to when I started it back in 2012. Initially it caused a little nausea, and again with each dose increase, but it was very mild and didn't last longer than a week. It brought me right up out of a deep, dark pit. At the time, I wasn't diagnosed with bipolar yet, so I wasn't taking any mood stabilizers. Once they realized I was, I was put on lamotrigine, and it has been a staple part of my medical regimen since then. I'm currently on 300 mg XL, and 400 mg lamotrigine ER. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet!

January 31, 2015 12:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: I had a great experience with this antidepressant. I am 18 and I've been on it for four years. I forgot to take it today for the first time in years. I've been crying and shaking all day because my body doesn't know how to function without it. Needless to say, I need it to get through every day life. It's worked so well for so long. I can't see myself getting off of it any time soon.

January 28, 2015 1:48 PM