User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Seasonal Affective Disorder 6 reviews 2 medications

Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bupropion reviews 612 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Bupropion

Review by VicGirl (taken for less than 1 month):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: It's only been four days - I've been told it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for full affect. I am taking 300 mg per day. I definitely feel better, but it's subtle at this point (I wanted to go outside and be part of society). What I'm most surprised about is the lack of side effects (other than no appetite) I have not one side effect.

December 8, 2014 10:09 PM

Review by JeffFlag (taken for less than 1 month):

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: Tried quitting cold turkey and was so grumpy had to decide between quitting or my marriage, chose marriage. Tried Zyban, quit after 10 days, been a month and have not had any sign of grumpiness, withdrawl or anxiety. I call them my magic pills

December 2, 2014 4:10 PM

Review by Maxxywax (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Seasonal Affective Disorder: I loved it. No sexual side effects and it worked great for about 6 months then I started noticing that I would get very irritable after taking it. I went off for a bit and now back on for winter and seems to be fine now.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2014 12:21 PM

Review by zoozzzz:

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: Bad for me. Would not let me sleep. Felt angry all the time. Did, not help me at all in a matter of fact it made things worse.

November 26, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by It Can Work Fast (taken for less than 1 month):

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: My wife passed away and I went into a deep depression. I was put on Wellbutrin and told by my nurse it would be at least 4 weeks. In just 3 days and I was feeling great, clear headed, I smiled, I ate normally.

November 25, 2014 7:57 PM

Review by jay-bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: Extreme dry mouth. Could not leave home without bottle of water. Extreme dry stools to the point that I was taking a stool softener every day to avoid unnecessary straining.

November 20, 2014 10:13 PM

Review by 50 something female (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: It works, except if I take it more than every other day I stutter and stammer uncontrollably, who knew! I wonder if anyone else has this side effect.

November 17, 2014 11:38 PM

Review by Chrisphan (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I have major depression and post traumatic stress disorder. This medication helps motivate me and it gives a slight boost for my moods I tend to smile more now but still get depressed now and then. It has very little side effects best thing is no sexual side effects! It also helps my anxiety but still have a hard time concentrating which my doc says helps but for me it doesn't it's just a mood stabilizer to me. I give it a 7 out of 10 because it only helps me slightly. I take 150mg twice a day.

November 6, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by mytye (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: Helped better than any other antidepressant I have taken (& there have been a few!) Major depressive disorder is a tricky one. Still working on that (20 yrs. now), but I'm function able.

November 4, 2014 2:02 PM

Review by SarahM. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Bupropion has been great for me. I was on escitalopram for a few years and thought that was the best thing I'd ever taken because it really kept my symptoms away and I wasn't so sad all the time. My dr became concerned that it was making me gain weight, so he switched me to bupropion even though I was REALLY scared to go off what I felt was my lifeline. Well, it was the right thing because I'm now not only not depressed, I have almost quit smoking entirely, I have more energy, and I realize that I was in a fog for years which I'm finally coming out of. It is amazing. I hope it doesn't stop working like everything else has...only reason for 8/10 is it is hard to sleep sometimes.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 2:14 PM

Review by ScaredCat:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Didnt work. Hit my anxiety to the max in just 4 days.

November 3, 2014 1:38 AM

Review by soyabean (taken for less than 1 month):

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Didn't work. I was given on top of Remeron. It helps in away. But I needed some energy boost. Hoping Wellbutrin would work. All my anxiety and sucidal thoughts all hit me like a truck. Had to discontinue taking.

November 2, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by tahoegrl (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: I was taking this for depression for about 3 years and it was a miracle for me. I stopped taking it when I lost my insurance for about a year. The result was a weight gain of 20 lbs and severe depression (again) I've been taking now about a year and the result is that I'm happy again. I lost 30 lbs and experience an increased libido. I've never taken any other anti-depressant besides Wellbutrin SR.

October 29, 2014 11:26 AM

Review by KLINGLER:

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: Nice

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by fuck this:

For Depression: I suffer from bi-polar depression, borderline and anxiety. The doctor recently added Wellbutrin SR have been on it 6 weeks along with Lithium and clonazapam. I have having horrible nightmares, gaining weight? Retaining fluid. Getting sadder about everything.

October 26, 2014 12:27 PM

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I am not a proponent of Big Pharma, and have always had to try to "deal" with my problems on my own. I have a really excellent diet, exercise, don't smoke, eat an organic diet - I'm just saying I really take care of myself. I have had anxiety (with a little bit of depression) all of my life. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago, as I was having severe anxiety about being accepted into nursing school, and if I would be able to handle to stress and constant pressure, and I also have concentration problems. I have been off and on SSRIs, which have been nothing but terrible for me...Paxil, Zoloft, & Prozac, of which made me feel like a zombie. Wellbutrin is GOLD. Not tired, less irritable, not panicky. It has changed my life.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 4:19 PM

Review by Charlotte M:

For Major Depressive Disorder: This medication has helped immensely! I was extremely suicidal, depressed, drained of energy and unmotivated. I began taking it and had plenty of energy and motivation. In the beginning I would only sleep every other night. That was rough, but it evened out. After taking it for about two weeks. A thought about death popped in my head and I felt my nerves. That has never happened before. I suddenly realized death was unappealing to me. I couldn't believe how wonderful that felt realizing that for the first time. I also dealt with anorexia for years but I've wanted to get better. It's says you aren't supposed to take this if you have an ED, but in my case it stemmed from my depression and I've done well with it. I've also slowed with smoking.

October 25, 2014 1:36 PM

Review by EEB (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder. I've taken Prozac, which made me feel "weird", Lexapro, which made me a zombie, and then I finally went to a psychiatrist that prescribed me Wellbutrin. The only bad side effects that I have is increased worry/anxiety. He prescribed me Xanax, which only makes me sleepy, and I still have that worried/dread feeling. I went today and he prescribed me clonazepem and told me to try that because it has a longer effect than Xanax. Overall, Wellbutrin has definitely been the best for me as far as my depression goes...I'd rather be anxious than sad.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 12:51 PM

Review by KB80:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Well I am very pleased to tell you that I started Wellbutrin XL 150mg for depression and anxiety and I can honestly say that it is a miracle drug! I started feeling much better after just one day, I could not believe it. It has been 30 days now and I have not had even one side effect. My depression went away almost right away and the anxiety took a couple weeks. But 30 days later I feel completely myself again. This medication is definitely doing its job 100%.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by Lindylui:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I just started taking this after being almost debilitated by mirtazapine. I don't know if for sure I have energy increase because of the Wellbutrin or because I quit taking mirtazapine. At any rate, I do feel better overall.

October 4, 2014 5:18 PM

Review by Don't have one:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I've been taking 150mg for 2 weeks now. I felt the effects in just a few days. I have a lot of energy, and has increased my thirst. I've lost a few pounds. My only problem is sleep. I've been taking zolpidem for 3 years (5 mgs) and isn't helping much. I've taken a few other antidepressants in the past, and this has been the most effective.

October 4, 2014 9:06 AM

Review by No more pending doom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Has worked well for me to manage anxiety and not feel scattered. Unfortunately a side effect is occasional slight pains near my heart so think I will need to switch to something else.

October 2, 2014 7:32 AM

Review by RedmondGemm (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1996 soon after moving to Seattle. In hindsight, I've been *depressed* for most of the past 20 yrs. The long, dark Seattle winters didn't help, so I'm sure I suffered from Seasonal Affective Disorder, too. I avoided taking antidepressants all these years, fearing side effects, weight gain and turning into an emotionless zombie. NONE of these things happened when I started on Wellbutrin XL-150 mg. Instead, immediately after taking my first couple of doses, something miraculous happened: my 17-yr struggle with bladder incontinence COMPLETELY disappeared. I have my pre-Multiple Sclerosis bladder back! I'm also STRONGER on my bike than EVER (I'm an avid cyclist), sleeping great, dreaming vividly, losing weight and interested in sex like never before. MIRACLE MEDICINE (for me)!

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 5:24 PM

Review by zunna:

For Anxiety: I just started taking this.I have severe stress and anxiety. My son has disabilities, G-tube, needs a lot of help. I find I am just exhausted on a daily basis. I would literally rub my hands till they bled and crack open because I was so over stressed about my boy. He is so sweet I found my self crying over littlest thing that would go wrong at school or at the playground. Now I can go and enjoy myself without the worry 24/7. My hands are slowly getting better with help of UVB Light Therapy but the meds are a MUST. I used to love to knit But I had to stop because they were so painful! Now I can go for walks with out huffing and puffing.I hope with the help of my Doctor that I can find balance and peace without yelling at my boy or husband.

September 25, 2014 7:34 PM

For Anxiety: I have taken bupropion for over 13 years for anxiety. I have severe anxiety that causes depression. After many years of storm phobia and severe anxiety and many different medications this is the one that worked for me. Being able to feel normal and not have panic attacks has been wonderful. Have had no side effects except every once in a while I see twinkly dots in my vision, hard to tell if it is the medicines or from being tired. I will take the twinkly dots over anxiety any day.

September 25, 2014 9:11 AM