User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Seasonal Affective Disorder 5 reviews 2 medications

Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bupropion reviews 603 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Bupropion

Review by 50 something female (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: It works, except if I take it more than every other day I stutter and stammer uncontrollably, who knew! I wonder if anyone else has this side effect.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 11:38 PM

Review by Chrisphan (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I have major depression and post traumatic stress disorder. This medication helps motivate me and it gives a slight boost for my moods I tend to smile more now but still get depressed now and then. It has very little side effects best thing is no sexual side effects! It also helps my anxiety but still have a hard time concentrating which my doc says helps but for me it doesn't it's just a mood stabilizer to me. I give it a 7 out of 10 because it only helps me slightly. I take 150mg twice a day.

November 6, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by mytye (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: Helped better than any other antidepressant I have taken (& there have been a few!) Major depressive disorder is a tricky one. Still working on that (20 yrs. now), but I'm function able.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2014 2:02 PM

Review by SarahM. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Bupropion has been great for me. I was on escitalopram for a few years and thought that was the best thing I'd ever taken because it really kept my symptoms away and I wasn't so sad all the time. My dr became concerned that it was making me gain weight, so he switched me to bupropion even though I was REALLY scared to go off what I felt was my lifeline. Well, it was the right thing because I'm now not only not depressed, I have almost quit smoking entirely, I have more energy, and I realize that I was in a fog for years which I'm finally coming out of. It is amazing. I hope it doesn't stop working like everything else has...only reason for 8/10 is it is hard to sleep sometimes.

November 3, 2014 2:14 PM

Review by ScaredCat:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Didnt work. Hit my anxiety to the max in just 4 days.

November 3, 2014 1:38 AM

Review by soyabean (taken for less than 1 month):

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Didn't work. I was given on top of Remeron. It helps in away. But I needed some energy boost. Hoping Wellbutrin would work. All my anxiety and sucidal thoughts all hit me like a truck. Had to discontinue taking.

November 2, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by KLINGLER:

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: Nice

October 27, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by fuck this:

For Depression: I suffer from bi-polar depression, borderline and anxiety. The doctor recently added Wellbutrin SR have been on it 6 weeks along with Lithium and clonazapam. I have having horrible nightmares, gaining weight? Retaining fluid. Getting sadder about everything.

October 26, 2014 12:27 PM

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I am not a proponent of Big Pharma, and have always had to try to "deal" with my problems on my own. I have a really excellent diet, exercise, don't smoke, eat an organic diet - I'm just saying I really take care of myself. I have had anxiety (with a little bit of depression) all of my life. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago, as I was having severe anxiety about being accepted into nursing school, and if I would be able to handle to stress and constant pressure, and I also have concentration problems. I have been off and on SSRIs, which have been nothing but terrible for me...Paxil, Zoloft, & Prozac, of which made me feel like a zombie. Wellbutrin is GOLD. Not tired, less irritable, not panicky. It has changed my life.

October 25, 2014 4:19 PM

Review by KB80:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Well I am very pleased to tell you that I started Wellbutrin XL 150mg for depression and anxiety and I can honestly say that it is a miracle drug! I started feeling much better after just one day, I could not believe it. It has been 30 days now and I have not had even one side effect. My depression went away almost right away and the anxiety took a couple weeks. But 30 days later I feel completely myself again. This medication is definitely doing its job 100%.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by Lindylui:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I just started taking this after being almost debilitated by mirtazapine. I don't know if for sure I have energy increase because of the Wellbutrin or because I quit taking mirtazapine. At any rate, I do feel better overall.

October 4, 2014 5:18 PM

Review by Don't have one:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I've been taking 150mg for 2 weeks now. I felt the effects in just a few days. I have a lot of energy, and has increased my thirst. I've lost a few pounds. My only problem is sleep. I've been taking zolpidem for 3 years (5 mgs) and isn't helping much. I've taken a few other antidepressants in the past, and this has been the most effective.

October 4, 2014 9:06 AM

Review by No more pending doom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Has worked well for me to manage anxiety and not feel scattered. Unfortunately a side effect is occasional slight pains near my heart so think I will need to switch to something else.

October 2, 2014 7:32 AM

Review by RedmondGemm (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1996 soon after moving to Seattle. In hindsight, I've been *depressed* for most of the past 20 yrs. The long, dark Seattle winters didn't help, so I'm sure I suffered from Seasonal Affective Disorder, too. I avoided taking antidepressants all these years, fearing side effects, weight gain and turning into an emotionless zombie. NONE of these things happened when I started on Wellbutrin XL-150 mg. Instead, immediately after taking my first couple of doses, something miraculous happened: my 17-yr struggle with bladder incontinence COMPLETELY disappeared. I have my pre-Multiple Sclerosis bladder back! I'm also STRONGER on my bike than EVER (I'm an avid cyclist), sleeping great, dreaming vividly, losing weight and interested in sex like never before. MIRACLE MEDICINE (for me)!

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 5:24 PM

Review by zunna:

For Anxiety: I just started taking this.I have severe stress and anxiety. My son has disabilities, G-tube, needs a lot of help. I find I am just exhausted on a daily basis. I would literally rub my hands till they bled and crack open because I was so over stressed about my boy. He is so sweet I found my self crying over littlest thing that would go wrong at school or at the playground. Now I can go and enjoy myself without the worry 24/7. My hands are slowly getting better with help of UVB Light Therapy but the meds are a MUST. I used to love to knit But I had to stop because they were so painful! Now I can go for walks with out huffing and puffing.I hope with the help of my Doctor that I can find balance and peace without yelling at my boy or husband.

September 25, 2014 7:34 PM

For Anxiety: I have taken bupropion for over 13 years for anxiety. I have severe anxiety that causes depression. After many years of storm phobia and severe anxiety and many different medications this is the one that worked for me. Being able to feel normal and not have panic attacks has been wonderful. Have had no side effects except every once in a while I see twinkly dots in my vision, hard to tell if it is the medicines or from being tired. I will take the twinkly dots over anxiety any day.

September 25, 2014 9:11 AM

Review by am49:

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: This medication has worked miracles for me. It has very few side effects and WORKS. One of the best things about it is no weight gain - it can actually cause you to lose weight! If you've got depression, I would definitely recommend Wellbutrin XL.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2014 9:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Do NOT drink energy drinks while taking this. I could not stop moving. Besides that it does the job.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2014 11:04 PM

Review by Weiner123:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I feel great and it has been only 3 days. I have battled with Major Depressive Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder starting treatment in 2006. When I came back to States I was in 4 hospitals for months treated by the best on 7-10 different medications at different times. I had ECT etc. For me all the medications did not do a thing for me but get suicidal thoughts and gained 60 pounds. One antidepressant medicine I was on for a few years was Lexapro. I was in Aruba and wanted to die. Through much thought and discussion, I weaned off of all the antidepressants. After 8 years just last week a Doctor said I never have been on Wellbutrin and put me on it. I have for the last few months been really down and out. Immediately I feel better. Took only 8 years. And wasted time in Hospital & ECT.

September 11, 2014 2:43 PM

Review by Winfield blue 25s (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: I'm 21 years old and I used to smoke 25 a day for 3 years. When I first started taking Zyban I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to quit or keep smoking but I thought why not try! For the first 8-10 days my morning dose made very nauseous and feel like I was either going to vomit or faint but I never did. since I set my quit date with zyban I have never touched a cigarette since and it has been 6 months now. the only caution I would like to share is that it only takes away the cravings ! You still have to say no too having a cigarette.

August 29, 2014 5:33 AM

Review by ddeeddee86:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I started this 4 weeks ago. I was originally on Paxil but I was tired of its side effects. My doctor switched me to Wellbutrin after also trying Cipralex, Effexor and Zoloft. It works great. I had almost no side effects when I started it (I did with every other medicine). It does increase anxiety for me though. Wellbutrin gives me more energy and makes me feel alive again. Because of the energy, I work out now which helps counter act the anxiety. It did not increase my sex drive BUT it made me normal. (Paxil made it so I wouldn't even let my husband touch me). I have lost the weight that Paxil made me gain and then some! I would recommend it to people for sure but if you have bad anxiety like I do, try being really active as well.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2014 10:24 PM

Review by Lizzrrd (taken for 10 years or more):

For Smoking Cessation: If you are having trouble sleeping make sure you take it early in the morning. It gives me a slight energy boost. If you take it twice a day ask your doctor for a bigger dosage for once a day in the morning. I take 300 mg XL when I wake up and it is fabulous. . Good luck. I suffer depression so I have taken it for a long time with no relapse.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2014 1:16 PM

Review by Always Depressed:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: I have been taking Wellbutrin for 10 months. I had 6 migraines in the first 10 days, but then the headaches stopped. I also had dry mouth for about a week when I started taking the 300 milligram tablet. After that, no side effects at all. Unfortunately, I have had no positive effects either. I feel as though I am taking a sugar pill. I am still dysthimic all the time and have had several depressive episodes lasting weeks since beginning this medication. I agreed to take it for a year, buy I don't see any improvement at all.

August 28, 2014 8:34 AM

Review by felinechar (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Love this, no mouth sores, or ulcers like Wellbutrin gave me. I COMPLETELY QUIT SMOKING...this works.

August 22, 2014 8:29 PM

Review by Tinwest (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I took Wellbutrin for about 8 years, it was wonderful, kept me motivated, optimistic, helped me lose a bunch of weight but I think it caused my tinnitus so I'm switching to Prozac.

August 19, 2014 2:49 PM