User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Seasonal Affective Disorder 10 reviews 2 medications

6.6
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bupropion reviews 772 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Bupropion

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I started Wellbutrin about 2 and a half weeks ago and my anxiety and depression are worse. I am crying all the time, super anxious and can't relax. Has anyone else had this problem? I take 30mg Prozac and taking 150-225 mg Wellbutrin. I am scared to continue"

Help1231 August 31, 2015

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "I had constant diarrhea, 3-4 times a day. I had a loss of appetite and had gotten to the point that I couldn't stand to even think about food. Thinking about what to eat or cook for my family actually caused anxiety. I lost 10 lbs in 9 nine days. About the 5th or 6th day I started to be unable to sleep during the night. I woke up every hour. During the day I would have waves of nervous energy, almost like the feeling you get when you experience the fight or flight response. The last day I took it I woke up at 4 am with diarrhea, left sided abdominal pain that radiated to my back and shoulder, and heart palpitations. A trip to the ER revealed that I had a large amount of stool and gas in my colon. I had a miserable experience with Wellbutrin"

Nervous Nelly 304 August 28, 2015

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "This isn't a "feel good" drug. But it certainly alleviated my depression. I love that it doesn't come with too interfering a side effects. My mood has certainly changed for the better."

Plen August 27, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: "So far I love bupropion SR. Been on it for 3 weeks. I tried lexapro for social anxiety I hated it. I was confused and out of it for a week. So I went on buproion SR 150 x 2 a day. Not for anxiety but Dr. Thought depression and smoking. First 2 weeks I hated smoking and it tasted nasty. Now on week 3 I got used to the taste but don't crave the cigarette.... probably just habits I need to work on. The most interesting I guess side effects is my libido which has increased!!! I guess it's a good thing. Until your husband don't want too!!"

Jmay20005 August 26, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: "I started on bupropion on a Friday and by the next Tuesday totally quit. Did nicotine patches for 3 days then just totally quit. Been smoke free for 22 days now."

Jessi53916 August 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: "I was a 1 pack per day smoker. I've tried many ways to quit, and failed every single time. Meanwhile, I had started to exercise and found I had very minimal lung capacity. My muscles were still fired up but was short of breath so I never could stay on the treadmill longer than 20 minutes. I started taking wellbutrin, as a last effort to try quitting, with very little faith that it would even work. By the second week, I was really only smoking out of habit. By the third week, even the thought of it disgusted me!!! I'm a little over a month smoke free now!"

leizel (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Wellbutrin is probably the best antidepressant on the US market. It's best to start at > 75 MG a day to make sure you can tolerate it; there are many who this medicine does nothing for or causes anxiety or other health problems. Regardless of what they say; do check your liver and kidneys; it is more non-toxic than a lot of drugs but it does take a toll on your body over time. For me, nothing as of yet."

Alexander-X (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2015

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "All I can say is Wellbutrin has substantially increased my quality of life. I was so scared about side effects that I waited years to try antidepressants. I was on Celexa and when that failed I was put on Zoloft which also did me no good. Wellbutrin not only brought me out of a deep depression it's caused me to be active and my weight is now in the normal range. I'm also more organized and positive than I've ever been. My family members who were initially against me taking Wellbutrin has changed their opinion because they see me enjoy life again."

CanlasT August 20, 2015

For ADHD: "This medicine has literally helped so much, I take it with my Adderall but on occasions I'm out of Adderall this is where this medicine is awesome it helps withdrawals, my mood energy I think it's one of the best medicine is out there"

gets me back on my feet (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2015

For Seasonal Affective Disorder: "My real advice is don't hesitate to see a doc and start medication. I regret not seeking help earlier. Im not the person to take meds-no antibiotics or AdviI. I struggled from the age of 15. I was never motivated to do normal daily things, I couldn't keep up in school, I had panic attacks, I was always more sad and emotional then my friends. I was unmotivated and insecure. I couldn't control my thoughts- sad or paranoid. I consulted with a doc and took Lexapro, I gained weight & the sadness went away, but so did the happiness. I was numb. My doc leaned me off &put me on BupropionXL150mg. Ive been on it since for 3 years straight. Since then I have graduated college, got a full time job, living on my on my own. Beyond grateful for this pill."

Daniii D August 18, 2015

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "Mentally, I had no hallelujah moment. My slow and steady upward climb could be Wellbutrin and/or therapy. I began with 150 XL, moved up to 300 XL, began developing rashes, and so I moved back down to 150 XL. Within a month of taking 150 XL, I had transient weird and sharp pains in my right thumb. It was located just under the thumbnail, in the "corner" closest to the palm and the rest of the fingers. It started slowly, and got much worse. It hurt in the morning, after eating, after exercising, and when I was cold (or too hot). I had several MRIs, tumor diagnoses, and surgeries which did not fix the sometimes crippling pain. I stopped taking Wellbutrin recently and the pain has already subsided substantially. The more you know."

SuzieCue August 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I can't take most antidepressants because they'll trigger a mixed, hypo, or total manic episode; for over 3 years, not this one. Only recently have I stopped from slipping into a mixed episode, but Wellbutrin XL @ 150 mg has helped keep balance when others caused chaos. No weight gain, increased sex drive, decreased appetite."

Bipolar Bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2015

Budeprion SR (bupropion) for Depression: "it was great but i got shingles from it,but hope to start it up again i see my doctor tomorrow,it saved me from deep depression"

707smartshop (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Struggled with MDD and Gen. Anxiety Dis. And self harming habits. Wellbutrin has changed my life. It's definitely a noticeable chemical adjustment for the first few weeks. Once I adjusted though, it was a miracle. I'm calm, don't have anger or outbursts, no anxiety, NO obsessive thoughts or ruminating. I haven't been depressed in over 3 months and I started Wellbutrin in Feb. of 2015. I've had no side effects besides the first few weeks. You will feel very weird for two weeks. Stick with it. No weight fluctuations, dry mouth went away, no sexual side effects and I have more energy but I don't feel artificially stimulated (you will for about a month though) I give this medicine a 10. My doctor says I'm textbook MDD. Runs heavy in my family"

Cloud980 August 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been struggling with Anxiety my whole life, the earliest memory I could think of involved some sort of anxiety. I've learned to cope with it as I got older but it seemed to always be one step ahead of me. I talked to my doctor and she put me on Welbutrin XL 150. As the years went on my anxiety increased due to stress at work, university and life in general. This caused me to develop depression to the point where I cannot watch a commercial without crying because the father said I love you to his daughter. I went to the doctor and she upped me to 300 and I was back to myself again. The medication has helped me cope through anxiety and depression! I am 25 F and using this medication for 8 years now"

Su K August 11, 2015

For Anxiety: "Diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder & GAD, I started taking this medication at 150mg. After 4-5 weeks of dry mouth, headaches, night sweats, abnormal dreams, and a slight head jerk every now and then, my anxiety had almost disappeared. I lost 10 lbs the first 2 months but eventually gained it back which I didn't mind. WB has made a huge difference with the physiological symptoms of my anxiety, meaning that I no longer feel physically uncomfortable, especially in social situations. My doc has increased my dosage to 300mg after being on 150mg for 8 months. So far after one week on the new dosage, all the initial side effects I had when I first started taking WB have returned, but with the addition of dry eyes & blurred vision."

She who shall not be named August 5, 2015

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "BRAND NAME! I have been on this medication for a little over two weeks. I started off with generic 150mg xl to 300 mg xl after a week. My insurance covers the generic for $5 but I've heard awful stories about it and ordered the brand name via the Internet for $50. Huge difference! I don't have the anxiety I had on generic, clammy hands constantly, fear, and it really didn't do much. The name brand is energetic, calming, focused, more self motivated and leads away from negative behaviors. This is my first day on name brand and I was compelled to tell my story and the difference. You can get the name brand through the Wellbutrin guarantee prescription online. Rated 9 because I am fully alert and still awake."

Purplerain1983 (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2015

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Today is my first day taking it, and I am faithful it will work. My doctor has placed me on Vibrid but that was $100 out of pocket cost. Though I did find it helpful, my insurance copay for it and my budget will not allow me to continue usage. Got off of it for 3 weeks, now starting this one. I have faith - we shall see."

miamicuban37 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: "Was having some anxiety and depression issues due to many life factors. Was told that Wellbutrin would be a good option and that it was fairly mild. The first few days had the euphoric feeling everyone talks about, but this ended in 2-3 days. After that anger kicked in to the point where I was taking walks at 1am to calm down and relax. From there the weirdness kicked in. A feeling that's hard to describe but life got very flat. Didn't feel anything, just flat. I felt like I had a lobotomy or something. At a party last week a friend asked if I was stoned as I looked out of it. Then I forgot to take it one day and I felt great that day, joy, emptions, had fun. I then took it the next day and felt horrible. Cold turkey and happy, not for me"

Steve no like Wellbutrin July 31, 2015

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: "1to 3 packs a day for past 5 years. On the third day talking zyban I took 3 drags and throw away cigarette. That was my last one. I can't look at cigarettes. Last pack is still on my countertop. Zyban is the best"

Bucek July 31, 2015

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "Great medication. Prescribed after job loss and bad breakup. After laying on the cohch for two months socially isolated, I gabe it a try and it certainly has helped me see the brighter side of things and begin to find new motivation in life."

Nick77 July 29, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: "For ME it was awful. I was on this pill for 7 days. I went to the doctor today because my heart was beating so fast on these pills and I was paranoid, anxious, shaking, and very very Bit**y. I thought I was having a heart attack at work I was crying, it was awful. I went to the doctor and I couldn't get words out. My pulse was 115 and blood pressure was high (never ever is) it just shot up. The doctor said I was having a panic attack and that it is due to the medication. She took me off it and for the next 5 days I am on LORAZEPAM 0.5MG (sedative to calm me down - take it at night) and switching me back to sertaline. This was the worst experience of my life. I thought I was going to end up in the ER or dead."

Monica1979 July 28, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: "A friend gave me the pills he had left over. He said after a week he didn't need them or cigs anymore. And I desperately wanted to stop. My son would tell me,"Daddy I don't want you to die". That struck me to the core,he's only 6. It's funny because I was the same age when I told my father the same thing, And he stopped. So I went to my Dr and got a prescription. These pills do work! After about the 3rd or 4th day, I noticed my cravings completely diminished. I was still smoking out of habit, but didn't really want or need one. I went a whole week before I had a smoke, and I really hated myself. Like other poster's here stated, they tasted horrible and I wouldn'd have more than a few puffs. That made it worse..why am I smoking?"

Mr. Nobody (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

For Depression: "I have been on Bupropion xl 150 mg for 3 months. The major side effect is my sex drive has diminished and my erections are non-erections. I get a little hard and then during sex I go soft. I am calling my Dr today. It did help with the depression but, I'd rather be depressed then lose my sex drive."

sorry sam July 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on my antidepressants (celexa, lexapro, effexor, prozac, lithium, lamictal just to name a few) lexapro seemed to work best for me, however after a couple years its effects have reduced and I started to get angry, easily annoyed, and I always get tired around 3 or 4 pm and need a siesta so to speak. My Dr put me on Wellbutrin SR HCL 100mg once a day to try and combat the tiredness from the lexapro. It was filled with the generic version. I must say both my wife and I notice it has worked wonders for my anger and agitation, however I am twice as sleepy and groggy on it and have to take it before I go to sleep and when I get up I'm exhausted. Its doing the opposite of what almost every review I've seen for me. Im going off of it asap."

Merc99 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015