User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Seasonal Affective Disorder 9 reviews 2 medications

6.6
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bupropion reviews 754 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Bupropion

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Today is my first day taking it, and I am faithful it will work. My doctor has placed me on Vibrid but that was $100 out of pocket cost. Though I did find it helpful, my insurance copay for it and my budget will not allow me to continue usage. Got off of it for 3 weeks, now starting this one. I have faith - we shall see."

miamicuban37 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: "Was having some anxiety and depression issues due to many life factors. Was told that Wellbutrin would be a good option and that it was fairly mild. The first few days had the euphoric feeling everyone talks about, but this ended in 2-3 days. After that anger kicked in to the point where I was taking walks at 1am to calm down and relax. From there the weirdness kicked in. A feeling that's hard to describe but life got very flat. Didn't feel anything, just flat. I felt like I had a lobotomy or something. At a party last week a friend asked if I was stoned as I looked out of it. Then I forgot to take it one day and I felt great that day, joy, emptions, had fun. I then took it the next day and felt horrible. Cold turkey and happy, not for me"

Steve no like Wellbutrin July 31, 2015

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: "1to 3 packs a day for past 5 years. On the third day talking zyban I took 3 drags and throw away cigarette. That was my last one. I can't look at cigarettes. Last pack is still on my countertop. Zyban is the best"

Bucek July 31, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: "For ME it was awful. I was on this pill for 7 days. I went to the doctor today because my heart was beating so fast on these pills and I was paranoid, anxious, shaking, and very very Bit**y. I thought I was having a heart attack at work I was crying, it was awful. I went to the doctor and I couldn't get words out. My pulse was 115 and blood pressure was high (never ever is) it just shot up. The doctor said I was having a panic attack and that it is due to the medication. She took me off it and for the next 5 days I am on LORAZEPAM 0.5MG (sedative to calm me down - take it at night) and switching me back to sertaline. This was the worst experience of my life. I thought I was going to end up in the ER or dead."

Monica1979 July 28, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: "A friend gave me the pills he had left over. He said after a week he didn't need them or cigs anymore. And I desperately wanted to stop. My son would tell me,"Daddy I don't want you to die". That struck me to the core,he's only 6. It's funny because I was the same age when I told my father the same thing, And he stopped. So I went to my Dr and got a prescription. These pills do work! After about the 3rd or 4th day, I noticed my cravings completely diminished. I was still smoking out of habit, but didn't really want or need one. I went a whole week before I had a smoke, and I really hated myself. Like other poster's here stated, they tasted horrible and I wouldn'd have more than a few puffs. That made it worse..why am I smoking?"

Mr. Nobody (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

For Depression: "I have been on Bupropion xl 150 mg for 3 months. The major side effect is my sex drive has diminished and my erections are non-erections. I get a little hard and then during sex I go soft. I am calling my Dr today. It did help with the depression but, I'd rather be depressed then lose my sex drive."

sorry sam July 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on my antidepressants (celexa, lexapro, effexor, prozac, lithium, lamictal just to name a few) lexapro seemed to work best for me, however after a couple years its effects have reduced and I started to get angry, easily annoyed, and I always get tired around 3 or 4 pm and need a siesta so to speak. My Dr put me on Wellbutrin SR HCL 100mg once a day to try and combat the tiredness from the lexapro. It was filled with the generic version. I must say both my wife and I notice it has worked wonders for my anger and agitation, however I am twice as sleepy and groggy on it and have to take it before I go to sleep and when I get up I'm exhausted. Its doing the opposite of what almost every review I've seen for me. Im going off of it asap."

Merc99 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

For Depression: "I feel I have a duty to give back. I have gotten a lot from these websites and people's experience. I have been on lexapro 10 mg daily for less/ anxiety which it works great for. The only thing that really sucks about the med is that I had absolutely zero sex drive! I was put on wellbutrin to counteract the effects of the lexapro and increase my sex drive. It has worked and wellbutrin also makes me feel like I have a lot more energy. It feels like I am normal again. Lexapro alone made me feel tired a lot and I was not exercising near as much. One thing I will say that has been very very scary is I had 3 beers and 3 glasses of wine the other night at a party and I have been "hungover " for about 1 week. It has made me feel dizzy, confused."

oregon23 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "Started this med on June 2nd 2015 with 75mg no difference a month later, I am up to 150mg no difference scrappy mood no desire to do anything. I drag my self out of bed every morning I am now on 300mg a month later hopefully some miracle would happen I am going to give another month with the 300mg dose, if there is no change, I am trying some thing else. I am so sick of this drugs that take weeks to work and then no result so you have to try something else. I'll keep you posted. By the he way today July 26 is my 3rd day on 300mg. Wish me luck"

ramee2004 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

For Anxiety: "Well I have been on Wellbutrin XL150mg for 5 days along with Paxil, also taking Xanax or kolonipine *only as needed (not often). While without meds I have too many thoughts running through my head all the majority of the time, I worry, and sometimes I even have fears of driving to places I am not familiar with. I find it difficult to concentrate in grad school (stressful) and cry out of simple being tried of trying to self encourage, and fight off or trying to ignore my anxiety. Since I have been on meds, my thoughts are slower, and not so many, but they are like a movie shooting through my mind, and it is usually a thought of worry. I will give it more time to work, hopefully it gets better."

yarrum (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked for 8 years anywhere from half a pack to a pack a day, I started Zyban, gave myself 1 week to tapered down then stopped smoking completely. I looked into many options and decided to try Zyban as it appeared to have less severe side effects. I wasn't even sure I wanted to quit smoking and definitely thought I would struggle and just keep going back to the excuse "well I tried". I took the medication for 12 weeks as advised by my doctor and have been smoke free ever since. I know some people have side effects but don't let that put you off, everybody reacts differently to medication so why not try it, as a smoker what do you have to lose. I am so happy with the results I have achieved and would recommend this to anyone."

Ex Smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "Been on 150 for 3 weeks. It's been up and down but overall up. I'm bipolar and have rage issues so I was very worried about that but it has actually been less of an issue than with other antidepressants I've been on (Celexa, Lexapro) and tried unsuccessfully (Cymbalta, Prozac, Latuda). Also, I tried the generic non XL a few years ago and it did throw me into a blind range. I was a little prone to "upsetness" like sensitivity that I would then lash out in anger, but not rage, for the first two weeks. Had some anxiety issues but those have dispersed. Otherwise, libido is normal again after Lexapro and now getting motivated to get out of bed to eat or go to work or shower is like picking up a 1 lb weight instead of a 20 lb weight. 25yoF"

JennyG476 July 22, 2015

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "Y'all! -- I am one of these people who cannot say enough about bupropion! It has changed my life after only day 8. Such a subtle but powerful shift in perception and decrease in troublesome habits (smoking one of them, but also irrational anxiety getting on train, rushing down the street for no reason, rushing through dinner) has decreased by drinking, made me less weighed down. There are side effects the first few days but they will go away! Stick with it and you won't regret it ~"

Skargardande2 July 19, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Worked really well for a time.... then life events happened. I might try something else. Everyone is a little different."

Katherys88 July 18, 2015

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "This stuff has worked great for me. No side effects other than first 6-8 weeks needed time to adjust. Give it a full 8 weeks to kick and like you may have restored that dopamine and be back you your old self. I took this in conjunction with 25mg DHEA/day, which I also think is an awesome OTC supplement, especially for seniors (which I do not consider myself!) 59 years old."

MikeinCA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 17, 2015

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "i been on celexa on the past totally kill my libido nothing work down there get soft mostly time doc chance to welbutrim hcl xl 150 it really help increase my libido never get soft l guess get the job done for me plus keep me motivated"

Anonimo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 15, 2015

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "I've been on this medication a few times now. Gone off of it for several different reasons but nothing relevant to the medication itself. I've been on it for the third time 2 or 3 months now. I love it! I always have. It manages my depression, actually manages my anxiety and panic attacks, makes me feel content, keeps me awake during the day, has increased my sex drive and is just a wonderful medication. Works different for everyone. If you're scared to start it because of the reviews, don't be. I strongly encourage you to at least give it a try."

CreativeSpiderling (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2015

For ADHD: "It gave me my life back. No more bouts of depression and I have my socaial life back! I have ADD symptoms and this helps me focus a great deal. I wish I knew about this years ago.I would never go off it now."

Annor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for : "I absolutely love this medication. I have been taking it for a week and I am not sad, agitated or unfocused. It does cause me to experience some stomach upset but that is offset by the burst of energy I have been experiencing. I love it."

LovelyM July 8, 2015

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This was possibly the worst thing the Dr. could have given me . Granted, he didn't know any effect it would have on me, but never again! After about a week or two I had to stop taking them. It actually increased both my depression and anxiety. I was always tired, but I was super jittery as well. My mother informed me that I looked like I was on meth. Thanks, mom!"

HilaryT (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: "I've been on Wellbutrin for 2 weeks and I don't really feel any better. I notice weight gain and more irritability than usual. I've read that I must be patient and continue taking it and I should see improvement after about a month. I took this years ago and it was the reason I was able to quit smoking. My wife called it the happy pill because she saw a big difference in my mood. So far it's not having the same affect it did 15 yrs ago. I do like that I am not having any other side affects. My sex drive is still good and I think my anxiety has improved somewhat. I'm on 100 mg a day and I take it first thing in the morning."

Coasty July 6, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Wasn't for me. It caused irritability and anxiety with no help with depression symptoms. I was on 150mg 2x/d."

be2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2015

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: "I've been on Wellbutrin sr 150 mg for depression and anxiety. I was very hesitant to try another medication after negative experiences with other meds. I knew however that I needed more help than therapy alone, so I decided to give wb a try. Initially, I had some insomnia, nausea, headaches, and severe light sensitivity. However, these effects passed and were mild compared to how much better I felt. Within 4wks i had more energy, felt less anxious, and the depression started to lift. I felt focused, peaceful, and content. All was well until about two months ago when some anxiety resurfaced (exams). Doctor tried to increase dosage, but the side effects were terrible. So i remain on 150 mg, but still feel much better then my pre-wb days."

It'll get better (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2015

For ADHD: "I was just diagnosed at 40 with ADHD, depression and anxiety. I currently take 150mg & have noticed a Chang in moods & focus. I can complete projects, don't feel so hopeless, downcast, & helpless. I actually have a desire to live life. I am truly greatful for this medicine."

fast minds June 30, 2015

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: "Do not take this drug. My husband took this to help with smoking cessation. During the entire time, he had bad dreams, but during the fifth week he dreamed he was jumping off a boat, jumped off the bed and crashed to the floor, fracturing his left shoulder and badly bruising his left hip. After four days of extensive testing in the hospital, the doctors concluded the "fall" was from Zyban. Terrible terrible pain and very scary."

Anonymous Wife of smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015