User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 30 reviews 44 medications

7.4
Depression 332 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 362 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "I am taking it for anxiety, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder intrusive thoughts. This medicine worked really quick, between 40mg of this, 5mg of Abilify with therapy it helped a lot! However after a year it stopped working for me. So I was switched to something else. Good luck everyone it's a good medicine."

Tryingtogetbetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am a 28 year old male. I was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism (Asperger's) when I was 19 and a couple years later with Treatment Resistant Unipolar Major Depressive Disorder. I've lost several jobs and did poorly in school due to severe social anxiety, and poor attendance. I always wanted to be alone and just sit in my room. I had a couple suicide attempts when I was younger. After trying many antidepressants my psychiatrist tried me on Viibryd. I began feeling better at the beginning of the 3rd week of treatment and soon my depression was almost nonexistent. I do have several odd side effects: Diarrhea, Dilated Pupils, Brain Zaps, twitching/talking in sleep, etc. But I am still better off than before."

Danyalson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Love it. Energy. Lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks. Happy with clear thoughts and reasonable thinking."

moonchild16 August 18, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was diagnosed with clinical/major depressive disorder when I was a teen. I am now approaching 60 and have battled this all of my life. I had very good luck with Cymbalta starting in 2006 but within the past year the Cymbalta (120 mg/day) lost effectiveness and I had several serious depressive down cycles. My therapist put me on Viibryd (after trying some others) about 2 months ago. I have suffered the previously mentioned side effects: diarrhea, restless-legs, vivid dreams, some insomnia, but I feel much better mentally. My biggest problem has been in weaning myself off of the Cymbalta. Still on 20 mg day, and halving that on a weekly basis. Terrible withdrawal from Cymbalta!"

Depressed but hopeful (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2014

For Depression "I've been on Viibryd for 7 days and it's been great. I'm only on 10mg right now and will be moving to 20mg in the next couple days. I only had soft stools once but other than that no other stomach issues. Some of the side effects I am having are weird vivid dreams, super increased libido and out of 6 of the 7 days I've taken Viibryd, I've awakened out of my sleep to very intense orgasms. Other than that I feel much better. The real test will be when my PDD occurs. If it can control my lows during my period then we have a winner."

purpleindigo (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Left Lexapro for Viibryd. First few weeks were fine. After about 5 weeks on 40 MG the terrible symptoms hit. Insane irritability, hostility, anger, anxiety, panic attacks, etc. My doctor with over 40 years experience told me not to even bother with a slow reduction. Just stop the medicine ASAP. He recommended taking 10 MG only if I felt withdrawal symptoms. This was destroying my life."

Ladder157 August 12, 2014

For Depression "I have been taking Viibryd for 25 days and I love it. I can tell a big difference in my overall attitude. This medicine makes you feel back to "normal" (the happy state before feeling overwhelmed with depression). I am a lot more motivated than I have been in the past and I have lost a little over 10 pounds. I am taking a 40 mg pill each day. I highly recommend this medicine to anyone. Obviously, talk to your doctor first. I hope this helps. Remember everyone is different, it may take a few medications before you find the right one. I hope this helps!"

westerncarolina1 August 10, 2014

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Diarrhea , nausea, insomnia, muscle aches, restless leg syndrome"

Healthcare worker August 2, 2014

For Depression "It has been a good 12 months since I have been taking the 40mg. I can say that I feel better when I am on this and also the important thing, after about the 8th month or so all the side effects are pretty much nonexistent."

Tris09 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have taken many antidepressants as an adult and since I have been on this one I have not been depressed. We all know what it feels like to not go on. I have no side effects. I feel healthy and normal. I wake up every day no matter what struggles and I have not felt "down," like depressing down in over a year. I love it. I also take Klonopin for my anxiety on the side. I don't need as much though. Viibryd works wonders!"

stinebean July 23, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have struggled with depression as long as I can remember. I was first started with Zoloft. It worked for 3 months. I felt great! Then it stopped working. Same exact thing with Viibryd. It's supposed to be fabulous and better than all other antidepressants. I've read reviews on how it's tremendously helped people. It just hasn't helped me. I felt a difference while taking the medication and again it stopped. I spiraled back into my depression. I'm currently trying different treatments and apparently I was misdiagnosed. I am bipolar."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just want to say that after taking a lot of other anti-depressant meds, this is THE ONE! Besides only having 1 side-effect (diarrhea), that went away after 2 wks, it's really changed my life!!! i recommend this to anyone who has tried other meds that have not worked"

gladys1021 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "The first few weeks it seemed to improve my depression. I almost felt normal again. Then Wham! I started crying about everything---happy, sad,or for no reason at all, and although the feelings of "hopelessness" were gone, I felt I was worse than before. I have been diagnosed with early-mid AD and perhaps that explains the odd reaction.I haven't seen my doctor since this odd reaction began, but intend to see him. I have also suffered severe gastric distress while on Viibryd."

donhaven July 4, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "Out of all the medicines I've tried Viibryd has been the only one to help me. Finally, after 15 years of struggling I feel "normal"."

michelleReeze June 18, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Nightmares, daytime drowsiness, sucidal thoughts, aggressive"

DTolley (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "Love this medicine. Works very well for me. Am able to stay positive and happy throughout the day. Does not affect sex drive like other meds I've tried. There are side effects for me. If I miss a dose I get brain zaps and feel lost and sad. So I take it right away when I feel that and just try to relax. Sleep is affected, I always do weird things in my sleep now, I don't stay still in my sleep, and a lot of sleep paralysis, but I still love this medicine, because I rather deal with those negatives at night than being severely depressed in the day time. At least now I'm all smiles when I'm awake."

Solina (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2014

For Depression "This medication works great. EXCEPT the fact that it gives you horrible scary brain zaps if you are even a few hours late on your usual dose!!"

Cjohnson1083 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I have seen and dealt with the worst things human can do to one another. I've been on this medicine for weeks and I'm finally seeing the light. This medicine thus far has saved my career so I can save others."

The medic. (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication took my depression away, within two weeks I was back to my old self"

good girl 4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on 40mg for almost 8 weeks now. Was working great in the beginning, especially weeks 3-5, but for some reason the beneficial mood effects wore off and I don't feel any different now than before. The only thing I can think of is around that same time I started seeing a shrink and he put me on Xanax XR 0.5mg 1-2 times per day. Could the Xanax XR have killed off the positive effects I was having with the Viibryd? Not sure yet. By the way, I had literally NO negative side effects from taking this medication. I always take it in the morning, never at night. Tried that once and it kept me up all night."

Flguy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I am at the end of the 2nd week of the starter pack, last 20 mg pill. I feel so much better on this medicine. My depression started after some horrible things happened in my family and it paralyzed me. I didn't want to do anything anymore. I wanted to be left alone. I finally feel happy again. I have been on Zoloft. That worked but I gained too much weight. Effexor didn't really help and Wellbutrin did nothing. This one made a huge difference and quickly. I had diarrhea the first day of each new dose but it quickly went away. No other side effects. I am also sleeping much better. The bottom line is, everyone is so completely different. It is all trial and error."

draesq March 25, 2014

191 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "This medication simply saved my life. Addiction took me down a dangerous path - hiding bottles, attempting to obtain more prescription pain killers, doing it all at night to hide from wife/kids...long dark road for sure. 30 days intensive recovery in a facility, away from everyone just for me, AA meeting and my doctor put me on anti-depressants that just made me groggy, disoriented and volatile at times. Changed a few times till we hit Viibryd. Absolutely amazing from the first few days. 40mg and sometimes a tad more when the waves of irrationality come. Mostly even sailing. Life is enjoyable, work is productive and I am totally plugged back into everyone's life at home. No issues with side effects at all."

45/male/married w/children (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2014

For Depression "Very positive...been on it 40 mg now and I feel like a very different person, 38 yrs of major gray heavy depression has vanished. I now live in my day not to just get through it. "

Stace' (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2014

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on so many anti depressants. I can't even tell you how many I've tried and none of them had any effect or very little. My doctor started me out on sample pack of Viibryd and gave me a few packs of the 40mg to last me until she gets back from out of the country. I've been on it for a month now and it's been amazing. I have schizoaffective disorder with major depression, panic disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Viibyrd is amazing. I feel so much better already. I never got any of the side effects other people experienced. It's been nothing but pleasant for me. My mood, energy, everything has gotten so much higher than it has been in years. I'm so excited about my future now. I have so many dreams that I feel like I can now accomplish and I'm very optimistic now."

Ambwee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2014

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Viibryd has honestly changed my life for the better. I've had depression and anxiety for 5 years. I was going to therapy (and I still do), but it was recommended I try some medication because I was not really feeling any better and I was very hesitant. I did 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for a week, 20mg for a week, and now I'm on 40mg. I experience NO side effects. No diarrhea or nausea like most people have at the beginning. Not only did my anxiety come under control when I started the 20mg, but I feel happy now. My sex drive has been normal and I've actually lost weight since I started Viibryd since I don't have the urge to eat everything now. It's definitely worth a try."

Lizsmiles (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2014

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next