User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 15 reviews 44 medications

7.5
Depression 303 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 318 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Viibryd

Review by Soccerstar18 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Viibryd has saved my life. I finally feel alive. I took it a month before senior prom. And I started to feel a change in less than two weeks. I had a blast at prom and danced the night away with a wonderful date I wouldn't have had the confidence to go with other wise. I felt alive and glamorous. Now 5 months later I am a freshman in college and no longer experience the social anxiety I once felt. I find happiness in this beautiful life everyday. I had no side effects.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2013 4:01 PM

Review by 8sweetmissypea8:

For Depression: My Doctor gave me the starter pack for my depression and Anxiety I took the whole first weeks dose by sheer force of will. It was the worst thing I've ever taken and I've been on a few for my problems but I got symptoms on day one with this one and every day they got worse. Day one I started having major panic attacks one in my sleep so bad that I wet the bed as embarrassing as that is day two I got the poops out of no where I was fine sat down And it just came out it was Horrifying that there was no sign or symptom that I needed to go. That caused another attack. They next few days my mood got hostile, aggravated, and then drunk like. My body also did things like a drunk person including slurred speech stumbling and falling over

October 29, 2013 3:06 AM

Review by D'Shae (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: At first, I thought this medicine was working. I've been on every antidepressant known to man. Nothing ever worked. So my doctor gave me a sample pack. When I hit the 40 mg mark, I started have the "brain zaps." They are very real. Very frightening. One night I thought I was having a seizure in my sleep from so many zaps. My husband has to hold me down when I finally do fall asleep because my body is constantly moving. The problem is that I've been taking the 40 mg for a month and am now just realizing the cause of my "brain zaps" and lack of sleep. So now I have to wean myself off of this drug from the devil himself. I would NEVER EVER recommend this drug to anyone. Nothing good came from it. Nothing at all.

October 28, 2013 7:18 PM

Review by AliMat:

For Depression: I got the starter pack from my doctor. I took the first 10mg with my dinner last night around 6 pm. From 2am until 6:30am, I was vomiting and had diarrhea. I'm exhausted and can't sleep.

October 12, 2013 9:24 AM

Review by aalchemist:

For Depression: I tried this medicine and it cured my depression within a matter of days. I felt great and was seeing the world in a different light. Good energy and just felt good in general. Problem is I couldn't sleep. I was on 15 mg. I adjusted the dose down to 10 mg and the antidepressant effects were gone. I had to stop a great medicine due to insomnia.

October 11, 2013 3:37 PM

Review by santafegirl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have been taking Viibryd since 1/2012. At the time I was prescribed Viibryd I had been on every SSRI antidepressant available, none of which helped the depression. Viibryd has lifted the depression. The only side effect I have is that I no longer have any emotion, although in the last 6 months I have been able to find some things funny. I am now able to function.

October 5, 2013 1:25 AM

Review by knaar (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been taking Viibryd 40mg for 6 weeks. From about the third day I felt an improvement in my mood and energy. But starting around week four my mood started to change for the worst. I was grumpy and had zero patience for anything. My husband, my two year old, my dog, the list went on. Now at week six I'm ready to jump out a window. I have a Drs. appointment this upcoming week. I need to take myself off of this. I had high hopes for this back to square one.

October 4, 2013 10:47 PM

Review by Dee in Philly (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Giving it a 10 after only 3 days might sound odd but comparing to other meds I have been on, it's a 10. I was on Lexapro 20mg and Wellbutrin for a year and a half. Stopped the meds cold turkey for a year. (Not a smart move). I had no feelings at all and I looked physically off. I had the distance look in my eyes all the time. Plus I gained 40lbs over the course of this 2 1/2 years. So I finally go to a new doctor and explain my feelings and he says I have SMD and anxiety. He mentioned this Viibryd. Day 1 I had that upset stomach feeling at night had a hard time sleeping, same thing with Day 2, Today is day 3 and I feel awesome, slept well and woke before my alarm. I love this. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

October 3, 2013 9:26 AM

Review by Teddy4050 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Been on antidepressants since around 1991 after I had thyroid removed. Taking Wellbutrin for depression which works okay but last year started having late night anxiety attacks. Really bad Fear. I don't understand why. Had me walking the streets at 11PM. Started Viibryd and had weight gain and stomach issues and by the time I got to 40mg the anxiety just stopped! This medicine does as advertised for me, it stops the anxiety. That's what I needed and that's what I got. Like a miracle.

October 1, 2013 4:10 PM

Review by mroll1992:

For Depression: At first, Viibryd was God send. I was always happy, no sexual side effects, no fatigue: it worked absolutely great. I went through the trial pack and forgot to get a prescription. About 2 months go by (because I'm lazy) and I finally go to the doctors to get another trial and a prescription. This time around of starting up, there's major side effects. The medication SOMEWHAT helps with my depression now, and I still get a strong sense of paranoia and hopelessness. The medication has STRONG sexual side effects now, and all arousal whatsoever is gone now. The insomnia is TERRIBLE. I get maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep now. And might I mention I'm on the low dosages; I haven't even started the 40mg yet.

September 26, 2013 5:52 AM

Review by Hessian:

For Depression: This medicine was a disaster for me. I was doing fine on Celexa, but my primary doctor started me on Viibryd. I had crying spells and was short tempered and unpleasant. So I saw another doctor and he advised that I get off - but phasing out gradually. It took me months to get back to normal. It totally ruined a European trip I had been looking forward to during the cold long winter of 2012/13. Needless to say, I dropped this doctor.

September 24, 2013 12:39 PM

Review by Kellyoradio (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: So far, Viibryd has been life-changing for me. I just started the 20mg dosage on the starter sample pack given to me by my doctor after a week of 10mg, and I already feel more positive. I find myself smiling more, and I no longer have suicidal thoughts. If anything, it's giving me hope that things will be ok and can get better if I change my attitude! I had tried Paxil a couple years ago with no results, but with Viibryd, I actually feel a change. The only side effect I've encountered so far is a little constipation, but with a well-balanced diet, this can easily be reversed. I have suffered from depression and anxiety since I was a teen, and am now 30.

September 7, 2013 10:41 PM

For Depression: I began taking Viibryd 10mg 3 months ago. Quickly began having stomach pain, worsening of insomnia and diarrhea. Couldn't go up to 20mg because of worsening of side effects. Today, Sept. 1, I took it and again, having uncontrollable diarrhea. Seeing my doctor on the third and am going to ask for a something else. All of the SSRIs and SNRIs have affected my GI track but not as bad as this one. Life long history of depression and anxiety. Searching for the right antidepressant for over 20 years.

September 1, 2013 1:50 PM

Review by btracy1975:

For Depression: I've been taking it for over a year. I have taken Lexapro before, but it stopped working. I take 40 mg a day, I take mine in the morning. I have to say that I still have a burning in my stomach, and night sweats, but I absolutely love this medication. It's the best. I feel more myself. I don't have hateful outbursts, I don't yell at my boys, and I love the way I feel. So thankful my doctor tried me on this.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2013 11:40 AM

Review by katiemsl:

For Depression: I have been on multiple antidepressants for 15 years, most recently Lexapro for 5 years and Abilify for 9 months. The Abilify made me gain 15 lbs. and I've been flat on the Lexapro, like it's not working as well as it used to. My doctor prescribed me Viibryd after taking a genetic test to understand which antidepressant will work best for me. I started on 10mg for 7 days, and I'm on my 5th out of 7 days on the 20mgs. So far my side effects have been minimal; a little diarrhea, some dizziness, kind of a "stuffy head" feeling. As long as I eat before taking it I feel okay. My mood has been much better and I'm not as tired as I was on Lexapro. So far so good!

August 25, 2013 9:14 PM

Review by Blarney (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I was on Effexor which worked great until I went up to 150mgs and I got severe night sweats and dipped into a deep depression. My Dr. switched me to Viibryd, I was skeptical not ever hearing the name. I am almost finished with the starter pack as I am tapering off of Effexor. Everything is going great, my mood feels very stable and I don't have severe moments of hopelessness. However, since starting the 40mg dose, I have had severe insomnia and if I fall asleep I can't stay asleep for more than an hour or two. I'll be calling my doctor and hopefully going back down to 20mg. My only fear is that while I was taking 20mg of Viibryd, I was still taking a low dose of Effexor and now that I'm not, I'm afraid I won't have the same results on 20 mg.

August 20, 2013 7:41 AM

Review by RonMan (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: Very literally saved my life. My team of doctors, of course, made the rest of the difference.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2013 3:01 PM

Review by shiver me timbers (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Only been on Viibryd for 7 days. Starting 20 mg in morning. Was in a car wreck and was having a moody time. Everything seems good. Lots of bloating and gas. Hope this goes away.

August 16, 2013 10:35 PM

Review by Ryans599 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: What's dangerous about reading reviews online is that people are much more inclined to go online and scream about an medicine when it doesn't work for them while those who it works for blissfully embrace its effects and don't feel the need to go online and write a glowing review. For the past 8 months I've increasingly found myself experiencing the latter and I have to say that Viibryd has changed my life. I had tried numerous other SSRI's that all left me feeling like a zombie. I had wanted to go on one that had less chance of sexual side effects so before this I tried Luvox was awful. Viibryd has nearly eliminated my social and general anxiety with positive sexual side effects. I highly recommend it to anyone.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2013 12:15 PM

Review by blaney (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I'm a 29 yr old mother of 3. 2 are twin toddlers. I dealt with anger since my teenage yrs. Yelling, tantrums, uncontrollable anger. Many times there would be no reason or very minor ones. Even as an adult I would sit in my closet and tear my clothes down and scream until I felt better. Trying to hide this unhealthy release of anger. Finally I got to where I would stay at home. My doctor diagnosed me with depression. I didn't believe her but took her advise. We started the beginners pack. 10mg/7days, 20mg/7days then onto 40mg. The first couple of days of each new mg comes with some nausea. EAT WELL! 6 Months later and I am so happy. No more yelling at kids/hubby. Saved my marriage. DO NOT MISS A DOSE EVEN BY AN HOUR. YOU WILL BECOME A MONSTER.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2013 10:19 PM

Review by Cuzco:

For Depression: It was good at first I was taking 40 mg for about 18 weeks and then I got really agitated, angry, violent and hated everything. Overall it is okay for short term.

August 13, 2013 8:45 PM

Review by kwerk (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Was on this medication for 5-6 weeks. Titrated up to 40mg, but this made my anxiety so bad (mostly physiological), that I went back down to 30mg. Was only on 40mg for a few days. Got my first brain zap, and accompanying psychosis with full blown auditory hallucinations. That's when I knew it was time to quit. Viibryd isn't as bad at inhibiting sexual desire as other SSRIs, but it STILL does! For anxiety, this medication wasn't helpful- but I did notice myself in a more positive and upbeat mood (for what that's worth). After spending a total of 4-5 hours researching this drug, and hearing about what it's like if you forget to take your dose (even if you're an hour off)- I was scared straight. Weaned myself off FAST (5mg reduction per night).

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2013 8:52 PM

Review by nkd1959 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I'm on the second week and I do not feel as sad and anxious. Upset stomach for a couple of days but is wasn't too bad. I was diagnosed with being homozygous for the 1298C MTHFR mutation. Anyone dealing with depression should be tested. The problem with having this mutation is you have a problem with methylation so you can't make enough dopamine and seratonin. Also you have a problem with norepinephrine and which causes anxiety. Defects on the 677 /MTHFR gene can cause bipolar and schizophrenia. To help with methylation need to take Methyl B12 and folate (not folic acid)... people with these defects can't process folic acid. That is why Dr.'s add Deplin to prescribed medicines.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2013 1:21 PM

Review by ckiurz:

For Depression: Very notable lower abdominal distention. Extreme sleepiness. Diarrhea.

July 18, 2013 5:28 PM

Review by TriedItandNothanks:

For Depression: I have been on this medicine at varying doses. I'm taking 30 mg now. I've suffered bouts of depression and anxiety for many years. When I started this medicine I did the starter pack and thought it was great until day 4 of the 40mg. Had hallucinations while driving and luckily I was close to home. Passed out at home and had vivid dreams in a semiconscious state for about 7 hours, Called doctor and he said drop back down to 20. I have made a couple of attempts to move the dose up as it doesn't seem to be enough at 20. I've been hospitalized once with serotonin syndrome on day 21 of the 40mg. Brain zaps are the worst! Heat on top of my head is bad. Miss a dose even by a couple hours and anger and crying BAD. I am not happy with it now and plan to get off it.

July 18, 2013 5:01 AM