User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 32 reviews 46 medications

7.2
Depression 339 reviews 76 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 371 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Viibryd

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Viibryd for less than 2 months. My depression is gone and I handle my anxiety better, but I feel disconnected and confused 80% of the time. I forgot how to write a cheque and get hot water several times. I also become very shaky and I feel like nothing is real and it takes everything in me to stay sane. It's working and making me worse all at the same time and I'm not sure if these side effects will go away or not, but I work a lot and I can't afford to not function. Viibryd is helpful and harmful to me right now and I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to stick with it for 12 weeks and if the negative side effects don't go away, I'm going to switch."

CarrLissie (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2014

For Depression "Viibryd is the only anti-depressant that really worked for me. I tried Prozac, Zoloft, Effexor. I'll never know if those 3 medicines didn't work but the effect was subtle at best. Viibryd's impact was unambiguous. So much so that after the 3rd week I felt that 30 mg would be sufficient. My Doctor advised me to go ahead and take 40 mg and that is my current dosage. Note that I was diagnosed with co-occurring anxiety and the action of Viibryd is such that it is a very effective anti-anxiety medication, at least for me. Note that some people report an increase in anxiety with Viibryd at higher dosages."

Dreamseam November 1, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication literally saved my life. I noticed a difference after a few days on 10mg. I had diarrhea once. I did have a TON of gas for a few weeks. I also have been eating a high protein diet since starting this medicine. I am not sure if that helps. Have been on 20mg for about 3 months. Only side effects I have are mild RLS and I wake up after 4 hours. I take 1000mg L-tryptophan at night and I sleep just fine now. 30mg would work better for me as far as the depression goes (unfortunately, that is not manufactured), but I can't afford two prescriptions. 20mg also seems to make me manic when I am PMSing, but the depression was so bad that the benefits outweigh the risk, so I am staying here. 40mg would make me a basket case."

Brooke3654 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2014

For Depression "Had been on Effexor XR for 5 years, and noticed as I progressed toward menopause, my depression was worsening. I was just a shell of the person I was previously. I went to my dr and was prescribed Viibryd. Within a week I noted some gradual changes. It has been just short of a month, and I notice less sleepiness and concentration concerns. I also have less anxiety, and my irritable bowel syndrome symptoms are lessening too. So far I am very pleased with it."

Bttrbyfarr (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on viibryd for two weeks now (20 mg) for generalized anxiety and moderate depression and I feel exceptionally better. I tapered off lexapro about 2 years ago and was off anti depressants for the last couple of years. It was an emotional roller coaster every single day until I got on viibryd. I experience some symptoms like dizziness and nausea/diarrhea so I take it at night right before I go to sleep. I am a student athlete in college with an extremely busy schedule and this medicine has helped keep me motivated. The feelings of hopelessness and emptiness are almost completely gone and I feel like I can get through everyday without the constant negative thoughts I was having."

Female/19/college student (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Viibryd has been the best medication I have taken for my depression. I have tried a few others and had terrible results. Viibryd seems balanced. I feel more stable. Although i do have trouble with insurance covering the medication for some reason. I have great insurance."

eyecrunchies (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2014

For Depression "I began taking Viibryd in October of 2011, at the age of 37. I've had problems with Dysthymia and nervousness my entire adult life, but I started having panic attacks, depression, and insomnia. Within a week after beginning the 20mg dose, I came out of my funk, was able to sleep soundly throughout the night, and panic attacks were nonexistent. I recently had a traumatic experience involving my daughter which forced me to take a more structured job in an extremely hostile work environment. The panic attacks returned and I felt like I was slowly losing my grip on reality. Three days ago, my doctor increased my dose to 40mg daily and I feel fantastic. No more panic attacks, and I have an overwhelming sense of calm -almost euphoric feeling."

LivinOnTampaTime (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on Viibryd for 4 days for Generalized Anxiety, Mild Depression (Dysthymia). Can tell a difference already. LOVE it! Best SSRI for my body so far. Tried Lexapro, but had gastrointestinal issues. Paxil was better than Lexapro, but not 'the one' Only tried 1 dose of Cymbalta, and felt like I had the flu for 4 days (and I rarely get sick). So far, so good with this. NO side effects, but on the lowest dose (10 mg). My Dr said this is a fairly new medicine, and it seems to be getting good reviews from many people. Clearly not all things work for all people, but my experience has been good!"

Workout Queen September 30, 2014

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Bipolar with major depression disorder."

Allie J September 28, 2014

For Depression "I am taking it for anxiety, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder intrusive thoughts. This medicine worked really quick, between 40mg of this, 5mg of Abilify with therapy it helped a lot! However after a year it stopped working for me. So I was switched to something else. Good luck everyone it's a good medicine."

Tryingtogetbetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am a 28 year old male. I was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism (Asperger's) when I was 19 and a couple years later with Treatment Resistant Unipolar Major Depressive Disorder. I've lost several jobs and did poorly in school due to severe social anxiety, and poor attendance. I always wanted to be alone and just sit in my room. I had a couple suicide attempts when I was younger. After trying many antidepressants my psychiatrist tried me on Viibryd. I began feeling better at the beginning of the 3rd week of treatment and soon my depression was almost nonexistent. I do have several odd side effects: Diarrhea, Dilated Pupils, Brain Zaps, twitching/talking in sleep, etc. But I am still better off than before."

Danyalson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Love it. Energy. Lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks. Happy with clear thoughts and reasonable thinking."

moonchild16 August 18, 2014

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was diagnosed with clinical/major depressive disorder when I was a teen. I am now approaching 60 and have battled this all of my life. I had very good luck with Cymbalta starting in 2006 but within the past year the Cymbalta (120 mg/day) lost effectiveness and I had several serious depressive down cycles. My therapist put me on Viibryd (after trying some others) about 2 months ago. I have suffered the previously mentioned side effects: diarrhea, restless-legs, vivid dreams, some insomnia, but I feel much better mentally. My biggest problem has been in weaning myself off of the Cymbalta. Still on 20 mg day, and halving that on a weekly basis. Terrible withdrawal from Cymbalta!"

Depressed but hopeful (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2014

For Depression "I've been on Viibryd for 7 days and it's been great. I'm only on 10mg right now and will be moving to 20mg in the next couple days. I only had soft stools once but other than that no other stomach issues. Some of the side effects I am having are weird vivid dreams, super increased libido and out of 6 of the 7 days I've taken Viibryd, I've awakened out of my sleep to very intense orgasms. Other than that I feel much better. The real test will be when my PDD occurs. If it can control my lows during my period then we have a winner."

purpleindigo (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Left Lexapro for Viibryd. First few weeks were fine. After about 5 weeks on 40 MG the terrible symptoms hit. Insane irritability, hostility, anger, anxiety, panic attacks, etc. My doctor with over 40 years experience told me not to even bother with a slow reduction. Just stop the medicine ASAP. He recommended taking 10 MG only if I felt withdrawal symptoms. This was destroying my life."

Ladder157 August 12, 2014

For Depression "I have been taking Viibryd for 25 days and I love it. I can tell a big difference in my overall attitude. This medicine makes you feel back to "normal" (the happy state before feeling overwhelmed with depression). I am a lot more motivated than I have been in the past and I have lost a little over 10 pounds. I am taking a 40 mg pill each day. I highly recommend this medicine to anyone. Obviously, talk to your doctor first. I hope this helps. Remember everyone is different, it may take a few medications before you find the right one. I hope this helps!"

westerncarolina1 August 10, 2014

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Diarrhea , nausea, insomnia, muscle aches, restless leg syndrome"

Healthcare worker August 2, 2014

For Depression "It has been a good 12 months since I have been taking the 40mg. I can say that I feel better when I am on this and also the important thing, after about the 8th month or so all the side effects are pretty much nonexistent."

Tris09 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have taken many antidepressants as an adult and since I have been on this one I have not been depressed. We all know what it feels like to not go on. I have no side effects. I feel healthy and normal. I wake up every day no matter what struggles and I have not felt "down," like depressing down in over a year. I love it. I also take Klonopin for my anxiety on the side. I don't need as much though. Viibryd works wonders!"

stinebean July 23, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have struggled with depression as long as I can remember. I was first started with Zoloft. It worked for 3 months. I felt great! Then it stopped working. Same exact thing with Viibryd. It's supposed to be fabulous and better than all other antidepressants. I've read reviews on how it's tremendously helped people. It just hasn't helped me. I felt a difference while taking the medication and again it stopped. I spiraled back into my depression. I'm currently trying different treatments and apparently I was misdiagnosed. I am bipolar."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just want to say that after taking a lot of other anti-depressant meds, this is THE ONE! Besides only having 1 side-effect (diarrhea), that went away after 2 wks, it's really changed my life!!! i recommend this to anyone who has tried other meds that have not worked"

gladys1021 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "The first few weeks it seemed to improve my depression. I almost felt normal again. Then Wham! I started crying about everything---happy, sad,or for no reason at all, and although the feelings of "hopelessness" were gone, I felt I was worse than before. I have been diagnosed with early-mid AD and perhaps that explains the odd reaction.I haven't seen my doctor since this odd reaction began, but intend to see him. I have also suffered severe gastric distress while on Viibryd."

donhaven July 4, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "Out of all the medicines I've tried Viibryd has been the only one to help me. Finally, after 15 years of struggling I feel "normal"."

michelleReeze June 18, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Nightmares, daytime drowsiness, sucidal thoughts, aggressive"

DTolley (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "Love this medicine. Works very well for me. Am able to stay positive and happy throughout the day. Does not affect sex drive like other meds I've tried. There are side effects for me. If I miss a dose I get brain zaps and feel lost and sad. So I take it right away when I feel that and just try to relax. Sleep is affected, I always do weird things in my sleep now, I don't stay still in my sleep, and a lot of sleep paralysis, but I still love this medicine, because I rather deal with those negatives at night than being severely depressed in the day time. At least now I'm all smiles when I'm awake."

Solina (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2014