User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Viibryd Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Viibryd to treat Depression

"This medication is nearly killing me. Everyday I feel like the ground is moving or I'll have that "drop" feeling like I'm on a roll at coaster. I later learned that vertigo was settling into my long list of problems I have wrong with me. So I started taking 10 mg for awhile until I got up to 20mg. Nothing was changing if anything vertigo got worse. Even through the night. I would try to lay down and sleep but would be suddenly jolted awake by a shocking feeling coming through my chest to my brain. This was easily subdued by Xanax (.5mg). Then my psychiatrist wanted to up my dosage. This is ultimately my down fall. I would start to shake and tremor and the vertigo gets worse. My head was pounding and my nose started bleeding. Now idk what to do."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

"Started taking Viibryd at the recommendation of my doctor to replace the sertraline and buspirone I had been on before. First couple days on 10mg gave me nausea and dizziness, followed by a few days of incredible manic energy. I was getting things done at work like a maniac but when I got home I would be weak and dizzy and very sore. Woke up a week after starting with crushing anxiety, depression, dizziness, and nausea so bad I had to call into work, I couldn't hardly stand let alone drive myself. I was supposed to start the 20mg that day so I did hoping it would help but it just made the symptoms worse. I know side effects can be weird but I've never had to miss work because of them before."

Too many side effects (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

"Was on antidepressants/ADHD meds for about 10 years. GAD, mild depression, OCD and ADHD. I stopped taking all meds and been off for a couple years. I have always had some GAD and poor focus. With work and school my stress level went up, then the obsessive thoughts/GAD went up and mood went down. I didn't like other antidepressants due to insomnia and that numb/disconnected human feeling you get with them. I have been on Viibryd 10mg for one week and I was pleasantly surprised at not feeling the numb feeling. I do have mild gastrointestinal symptoms of bloating and gas. Stools a little loose but not diarrhea. I feel great in respect to mood and obsessive worry is way down. Will try 20mg, won't go past 20mg after reading reviews."

Tryin Viibryd (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

"I started this drug about two weeks ago. I was having a sudden intense depression. I had been taking Wellbutrin 300 mg and Paxil 20 mg. My psych suggested raising me up to 40 mg on Paxil but I didn't like the sexual side effects. So he suggested switching to Viibryd. He gave me a starter pack to use transition. I haven't had any of the mentioned side effects until the last 3 nights. My sleep has been very poor. Hard to fall asleep and waking up during the night. Even with a small dose of Ativan on two of the nights. I am set to go up to 40 mg today but I might stay on 20 mg until I can talk with him on Monday. Overall my mood has been better (until this morning. Not sleeping gets me fearful of another depressive episode)."

Birdies (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

"I was prescribed this medication to help with depression and anxiety brought on by several chronic medical conditions including Crohn's disease and Arthritis. Because of my sensitivity to meds, I was started on 5mg. I could not make it through the first week due to severe diarrhea (like taking a colonoscopy prep), severe nausea, bloating, chest pain, disrupted sleep, body aches and drowsiness. Side effects started on day one. I also had weird/ vivid dreams, but I didn't mind that. I usually try to push through in the beginning, but this was too much. I don't think it's a good choice for anyone who already has GI issues. I've tried other meds that caused mild diarrhea in the beginning that I could tolerate. This was a bad fit for me!"

Brynn22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

"I have been taking this medicine for a three years now. I have tried every antidepressant out there I think. This is the only one that works for me. Along with Abilify and Trazadone this has been a miracle worker for me. I have no side effects. The Trazadone helps with sleep and no nightmares. I wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Viibryd."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2015

"I did fine on this drug until I started the 40mg. It actually took me awhile to figure out that it was the Vybrid because I had been doing fine on the 10,20, and 30 mg doses. After starting the 40 mg, I began having horrible dreams where I could not remember a lot of the detail but I knew they were bad because I would wake up terrified and it would sometimes take me a few days to be my normal self again. It was recognizable by my family too. I would also have hallucinations right after I went to bed and I was unable to make them stop. I would also think I was screaming in bed when I wasn't. I am currently being weaned off of it. It was a very scary drug for me."

Marli December 10, 2015

"I have been on Viibryd for 10 days. The first 5 or 6 days I had a ton of energy. My stomach was a little bloated but no other major side effects. About 3 days ago I started feeling very blah, having anxiety, very gassy and just not feeling right. I am only on 10mg so hopeful that raising me to 20 will solve these problems. After 5 years on Lexapro I wanted to try something that didn't cause weight gain and didn't have sexual side effects. I was still having panic attacks and lots of anxiety on the Lexapro so I was hoping this would help. Just want to feel normal again."

mrsclause December 3, 2015

"I've had wonderful results on this medication. A few minor side effects that pale in comparison to my improved mood, renewed energy, mellowness and more. I was weaned off Paxil for rapid weight gain, and on Viibyrd I am losing weight and feeling much more confident and positive. I do have vivid dreams, but honestly, I think that's fun."

dp142119 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

"I had no decrease in symptoms but had a feeling of electrical charges. I tried to stick it out but it was terrible."

Shelly1986 December 1, 2015

"Only on day 4 and can't take the constant nausea and off feelings anymore. Vivid dreams, sweating, but the worst is definitely the gastro issues. Bloating, acid reflux, severe nausea. Tried taking it with food, tried taking anti-nausea pills and so many other things, but it wouldn't work."

Nauseaistoomuch November 23, 2015

"I had terrible insomnia on vybrid. Awful. Whole nights spent wired. It made me so anxious that I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. Brain zaps, headaches, etc. I tried for several weeks but the sysmptoms got worse, not better. Did not work for me at all."

katherinejane November 15, 2015

"Just transitioned from 60mg Paxil. Went down 15 on Paxil, up 10 on Viibryd each week for four weeks. No brain zaps. Take with food in the morning. Get a sleepy reaction for about two hours after taking it. I get vivid dreams with this med. No nightmares so far. No diarrhea, but I'm constipated b/c I'm taking 450 mg Wellbutrin :(. I like it a lot, very optimistic."

depression all my life (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2015

"Got the typical starter pack. One week at 10mg - noticeable antidepressant effect, side effects of diarrhea and weird dreams. One week at 20 mg - suddenly had tons of energy. Found myself getting lots of housework done, starting up projects I had been putting off for months, but no true enjoyment of things I loved. Diarrhea remained, some insomnia started. 5 weeks at 40 mg - Energy remained good at first, wasn't depressed but wasn't happy either. Just became numb like with all other SSRI's I've tried. Diarrhea persisted. Had trouble getting up each morning and felt foggy all day but still had energy to get things done. NO libido. Anhedonia persisted. Not the right drug for me."

Scooper942 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

"I'm with this medication about 3 months in the beginning gave me diarrhea but after 2 week everything was good again the only complaint is I can't miss even one dose"

Guisa October 24, 2015

"I love this drug, but it is not for the casual or lazy user. I find I must take it at nearly the same time every day or I get side effects. I take it first thing in the morning, and I avoid the sleepies by doing something semi active for a short time. Also, never take this before bed... It can cause sleeplessness and nightmares. I take lanzaprozole at the same time for GERD, so avoid any stomach upsets. The nightmares went away after about 4 weeks from starting. I feel so normal now-- energy level has returned and the blues are gone!"

Rural Mom October 9, 2015

"I think it has made me extremely tired and it's hard for me to sleep at night."

Lex5688765 October 3, 2015

"Got a "starter pack" from my doctor and after day 10 (20 mg), %u2014 on advice of my doctor %u2014 I cut a 20 mg tablet in half for my day 11 dose. I have had TERRIBLE side effects and most definitely want to discontinue this drug."

TheoD October 2, 2015

"Viibryd is working well for me. I changed from celexa to this drug due to not being effective anymore. Initially it did give GI issues for about 4-5 days but then eventually went away. Viibryd does has the least sexual side effects than the others. My dreams are pretty vivid with occasional well, I say not so pleasant dreams. I went up to 40mg along with 300mg Lamitcal and 30mg Nortriptyline. The Viibryd makes me a lot less sleepy than the celexa did. So far all is well."

bamakc34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

"I noticed more ambition and happiness within a few days. The main side effects I've noticed is sleepiness, and nightmares. I have started taking it at night to avoid sleeping all day, and after a month on 40mg, the nightmares are getting better."

bcsurvivorx2 September 21, 2015

"Was only on 5mg dose for a month. Made my body have tingling sensations. Could not sleep at all after a week on it and trying to sleep I would experience hallucinations. It never helped with my anxiety/depression. Only made me feel "weird.""

A-A-S September 17, 2015

"I have taken Zoloft for a while but I was packing on the pounds and noticed I was getting kind of irritable when I'm normally very laid back. Doc gave me 2 sample packs of Viibryd to try. 10mg I had some stomach upset (mostly diarrhea) and an INTENSE craving for sweets/carbs. These went away eventually. Then up to the 20mg. I found that I had zero appetite and literally had to force myself to eat. Normally I'd be happy about this but my mood became so dark (weeping/angry). I got to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore and had to stop. Hopefully it works better for you all! Good luck! :)"

Ghostmama (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

"This is the only antidepressant that has worked to help my depression. Others have helped with anxiety, but not for depression. The side effects are as listed, but are manageable and, in my case, have gone away two weeks into 40mg titration."

Penaluny (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2015

"This has worked for my depression/ anxiety. I take it at night as it makes me feel sleepy. It does make me nauseous which is my biggest issue. Missing a dose or two makes me feel like I'm going crazy. I've been on this for three years."

Happierthanbefore September 6, 2015

"I've been on 40mg for two years.. This drug saved my life it works wonderful for me.. I don't mind paying the high price to feel great.."

CCC72139 August 15, 2015