User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Viibryd Review Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 134 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Viibryd to treat Depression

"This was a terrible bad drug choice for me. I was impatient, aggressive and down right awful. I lost some really important relationships when I took that medication."

Depressed Dora (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

"This by far is the best anti-depressant I've been on. If you're looking for a medication that does NOT cause drowsiness or weight gain, this is for you. Normally they say it takes time to feel effects, but I felt alertness and motivation right away. I had more energy and a clearer mind, better concentration. The recommended dose is to incrementally increase 10mg-40mg, but I stayed at 20mg - too much caused RLS and mild insomnia. I too struggle with SAD and this medication has really helped me get through the winter blues. Lost 10 lbs on this medication as I felt less hungry. Remember: there are so many natural ways to help with depression as well and I recommend that you explore these too. Good luck!"

KristenR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

"Minimal side effects (nausea for 2-4 days after each titration.) Activating, rather than sedating. Very effective for depression."

B-Hurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

"I have tried various antidepressants for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and Dysthymia. Only Paxil and Prozac have been mildly effective for the depressive aspect. Most of them have helped with the anxiety that often goes along with such conditions. Viibryd is the first medication that has been very effective for me. It lifted the fog and gloomy feeling and it increased my energy, focus, and alertness. I feel 10 years younger and fresher. In the beginning and with each titration there were some mild GI issues that lasted 2-4 days. There was some difficulty with sleep in the beginning and with each upward titration, but sleep eventually improved. Incidentally, Viibryd has also increased my libido."

B-Hurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

"I tried viibryd after being on citalopram for a year and a half to see if it would be better. I had no problems transitioning BUT I gained about 10 pounds in the first weeks I was on it full dosage. I NEVER fluctuate more than 1-2 lbs - have weighed the same for 10 years -- and despite eating less & exercising twice as much I couldn't lose the weight. After ~2 months I switched back to citalopram & lost all the weight in about 2 weeks. Without going to the gym."

Anonymous43546 April 18, 2015

"I was on Viibyrd for a month and was really gaining weight fast!!!! Doctor switched me to Brintellix 10 mg. I knew it was too strong for me so I dropped down to 5 mg. weights coming off and I feel so much better !!!!"

Cyd Marie April 10, 2015

"I took this medication when both of my parents died within 2 weeks. It worked really great for about a year. now I feel like it doesn't work like it used to and maybe my body's gotten used to it. But if you ever miss a dose you have extreme nightmares. So I am scared to go to sleep without taking it and thinking about maybe trying something new."

J.l.J April 2, 2015

"After being on Prozac for many years I had a period of things going on in my life that were causing great stress and felt that maybe changing my antidepressants might help. Dr. put me on starter kit and wound up taking 40mg daily. For about a week I felt like a new person, then the nightmares started. So real I was afraid to go to sleep. Anyways I ended up being hospitalized 2 times just to get off of it and had to take meds to stop the nightmares. Needless to say my experience was horrible."

eariley (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

"I'm a 45 yr old male tried Zoloft, lexapro but this medicine has made a huge difference in my overall mental state. I never thought I was depressed but I had severe anxiety and panic attacks to the point of almost passing out. High stress job and various changes the last year but this medicine is wonderful. I notice the gas issue and stomach issues but nothing really that bad or intolerable. My thoughts raced a little at the beginning but I'm 3 weeks in and honestly noticed feeling better within the 1st week. I still want sex everyday so its good in that department!"

La Man (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2015

"I have BPD, anxiety disorder, and agoraphobia. This medicine didn't do much for me. I got all of the side effects but none of the relief. I am only giving it a mid-line rating because I can't seem to tell if the medicine didn't help or if I am just more depressed/stressed lately."

raylee February 20, 2015

"I had underlying anxiety - constantly wanting to hide in bed - random crying - high intensity job - mind wouldn't shut off. Told doctor - she said this had helped many clients - by my 2nd day on 1/4 of the largest pill size - I felt at ease and pretty carefree. My life is 75% easier to take and I'm able to get through life with a smile. Very happy. "

Califgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2015

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Works great for me. No side effects."

Marigold15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2015

"On 6th week of Viibryd. It starts with a jump. Then tapers down and up a bit; then levels off and is decently effective. It's more sedating than Cymbalta and its a pain to eat in the am. However, so far it's weight neutral and I'll see how it progresses in another month. Only side effects are gas, and touches of stomach digestive feelings. So far so good"

Kelef (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2015

"I have fought depression all my life-60 years. I have tried pretty much every medicine available. My care provider put me on 40 mg Viibryd and 100 mg Lamotrigine. After about 6 weeks I woke up and could face the day. I have the desire to live and no longer have to try to pull myself out of a deep pit every day. "

squidfish (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I gave have severe depression for 15+ years and I've been on everything. Viibryd was great at first but at full dose of 40mg I have plateaued. I am more stable mood wise still struggling. I had high hopes and in general it's great due to the fewer side effects."

BrittMosh January 2, 2015

"I had depressive episodes even as a teenager. They seemed to get worse every third month. I'd been on every known medicine for twenty years without any help. I took Valium for panic attacks several times a day every day for twenty years. I've been on Viibryd for five weeks and finally found help. The only side effects have been diarrhea only in the morning the first few days and dry mouth. I wake up feeling very good each day. Thank you."

birdzflysouthinthewinter December 14, 2014

"You have to give it time to work. At the beginning I thought it was not going to work, but after 3 months was great. I have been on Viibryd for about 6 months, is excellent, don't gain weight and my sex drive is very high.. Excellent. Hope it works for you."

excellent November 29, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Viibryd is the only anti-depressant that really worked for me. I tried Prozac, Zoloft, Effexor. I'll never know if those 3 medicines didn't work but the effect was subtle at best. Viibryd's impact was unambiguous. So much so that after the 3rd week I felt that 30 mg would be sufficient. My Doctor advised me to go ahead and take 40 mg and that is my current dosage. Note that I was diagnosed with co-occurring anxiety and the action of Viibryd is such that it is a very effective anti-anxiety medication, at least for me. Note that some people report an increase in anxiety with Viibryd at higher dosages."

Dreamseam November 1, 2014

"Had been on Effexor XR for 5 years, and noticed as I progressed toward menopause, my depression was worsening. I was just a shell of the person I was previously. I went to my dr and was prescribed Viibryd. Within a week I noted some gradual changes. It has been just short of a month, and I notice less sleepiness and concentration concerns. I also have less anxiety, and my irritable bowel syndrome symptoms are lessening too. So far I am very pleased with it."

Bttrbyfarr (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on viibryd for two weeks now (20 mg) for generalized anxiety and moderate depression and I feel exceptionally better. I tapered off lexapro about 2 years ago and was off anti depressants for the last couple of years. It was an emotional roller coaster every single day until I got on viibryd. I experience some symptoms like dizziness and nausea/diarrhea so I take it at night right before I go to sleep. I am a student athlete in college with an extremely busy schedule and this medicine has helped keep me motivated. The feelings of hopelessness and emptiness are almost completely gone and I feel like I can get through everyday without the constant negative thoughts I was having."

Female/19/college student (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I began taking Viibryd in October of 2011, at the age of 37. I've had problems with Dysthymia and nervousness my entire adult life, but I started having panic attacks, depression, and insomnia. Within a week after beginning the 20mg dose, I came out of my funk, was able to sleep soundly throughout the night, and panic attacks were nonexistent. I recently had a traumatic experience involving my daughter which forced me to take a more structured job in an extremely hostile work environment. The panic attacks returned and I felt like I was slowly losing my grip on reality. Three days ago, my doctor increased my dose to 40mg daily and I feel fantastic. No more panic attacks, and I have an overwhelming sense of calm -almost euphoric feeling."

LivinOnTampaTime (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on Viibryd for 4 days for Generalized Anxiety, Mild Depression (Dysthymia). Can tell a difference already. LOVE it! Best SSRI for my body so far. Tried Lexapro, but had gastrointestinal issues. Paxil was better than Lexapro, but not 'the one' Only tried 1 dose of Cymbalta, and felt like I had the flu for 4 days (and I rarely get sick). So far, so good with this. NO side effects, but on the lowest dose (10 mg). My Dr said this is a fairly new medicine, and it seems to be getting good reviews from many people. Clearly not all things work for all people, but my experience has been good!"

Workout Queen September 30, 2014

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am taking it for anxiety, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder intrusive thoughts. This medicine worked really quick, between 40mg of this, 5mg of Abilify with therapy it helped a lot! However after a year it stopped working for me. So I was switched to something else. Good luck everyone it's a good medicine."

Tryingtogetbetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on Viibryd for 7 days and it's been great. I'm only on 10mg right now and will be moving to 20mg in the next couple days. I only had soft stools once but other than that no other stomach issues. Some of the side effects I am having are weird vivid dreams, super increased libido and out of 6 of the 7 days I've taken Viibryd, I've awakened out of my sleep to very intense orgasms. Other than that I feel much better. The real test will be when my PDD occurs. If it can control my lows during my period then we have a winner."

purpleindigo (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking Viibryd for 25 days and I love it. I can tell a big difference in my overall attitude. This medicine makes you feel back to "normal" (the happy state before feeling overwhelmed with depression). I am a lot more motivated than I have been in the past and I have lost a little over 10 pounds. I am taking a 40 mg pill each day. I highly recommend this medicine to anyone. Obviously, talk to your doctor first. I hope this helps. Remember everyone is different, it may take a few medications before you find the right one. I hope this helps!"

westerncarolina1 August 10, 2014

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next