User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Viibryd Review Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 134 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Viibryd to treat Depression

"Do not take this!! I've only been on this for a month and gained ten pounds without even over eating. I also had a racing heart and couldn't breath. I've been on at least fifteen different antidepressants and I have to say stay away from this please."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

"I have been taking 20 mg of Viibryrd for 5 months. I titrated up very slowly and found that 30mg cause restless leg so I went back down to 20mg. The side effects, like day time sleepiness and gastrointestinal annoyances must be worked through. They pass. My anxious depression has lifted and I feel better that I have felt in years. In conjunction with the meds, I have continued to do depth psychology and psycho-spritual work which I think have also contributed to how well I feel. People notice how bright I appear. I am doing better than ever at work and still have energy to run my household. Recently, I was even able to return to the gym. The only side effect I notice is gas and loose stools, a bit of bloat in the gut."

Washington State Gal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2015

"Titrated up to 40mg over two weeks and then tried riding it out for another couple of weeks. Eventually I could not take another day and discontinued the medication. Not only did I not experience relief, but I feel my symptoms worsened while taking Viibryd. I was more irritable, restless, angry, upset, and anxious than I had ever been in my entire life. Also experienced a lot of nausea and headaches"

lukesoloway June 9, 2015

"Abnormal dreams or more like nightmares. This medication unleashed all of my demons leaving me with severe panic attacks. Upon awakening I would not know if what I was feeling was real or not. This is not a drug to use with someone who has severe PTSD."

Jernst June 6, 2015

"Vibbryd is a saint and a devil. I have been on it for almost two years. It saved me as I was going of the deep end and I could no longer contain my anger and every day little things would set me off. The side effects when first going on were AWFUL. The demonic dreams were the worst but this all happened when I jumped from 20 mg to 40 mg. I solved this by taking 30mg for a while then going to 40 mg. No more rage. I take everything in stride. My mind is clear and I function perfectly. Now for the devil. You have to take this around the same time everyday. If I forget I always know. I start to itch and get a headache. The nightmares if forgotten are terrible. Its as if they are real. Just remember to take every day! Preferably in the morning"

Mom of 2 in school June 1, 2015

"I started Viibryd -- 20 mg/day -- over a year ago, when going thru a prolonged low. Like alot of folks, I've tried many different things in 20+ years, gone thru the rollercoaster of titrating on, titrating off, having stuff work then stop working, etc. To my surprise, Viibryd has helped -- though the diarrhea and so forth were super annoying at first (then gradually abated). Unlike most anti-depressants, I could feel an effect within first week or two, even titrating very gradually. I recently went up to 40/mg. Mood brighter, helps clear up the brain fog. Various effects on body: deeper sleep, intense dreams, increased sex drive (almost annoying), as well as GI stuff. So far, so good"

LisaMMMM (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2015

"I'm having problems with bad dreams and I have been on it for 2 months. I have migraine also and it seems to make their worse .I was on Lexapro and should go back. I loss my son 7 years ago that is why I'm on medicine"

Anonymous May 29, 2015

"I have been experiencing increasing anxiety the more I progress into menopause. Tried Cymbalta and it made me so drowzy that I was afraid of falling asleep while driving. Started on Vybrid about 2 months ago and I feel fabulous. My anxiety is totally under control and I have energy to go out and do things. Recently lost 5 pounds because I had the energy to work in the yard. There has been some diarrhea but it does not bother me as the benefits are such a difference in how I feel."

Antiques for Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2015

"Viibryd worked wonders for me. I have to admit the first week was hell as it made me extremely anxious but after the transition I couldn't believe the difference it made. The only problem I ran into was insurance companies don't want to pay for it because it is expensive. I ended up having to switch to another drug that was not nearly as effective. I'm thinking about going back on Viibryd and paying for it out of pocket. I just have to ask myself what is happiness worth??"

Mark In Jeff May 20, 2015

"This was a terrible bad drug choice for me. I was impatient, aggressive and down right awful. I lost some really important relationships when I took that medication."

Depressed Dora (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

"This by far is the best anti-depressant I've been on. If you're looking for a medication that does NOT cause drowsiness or weight gain, this is for you. Normally they say it takes time to feel effects, but I felt alertness and motivation right away. I had more energy and a clearer mind, better concentration. The recommended dose is to incrementally increase 10mg-40mg, but I stayed at 20mg - too much caused RLS and mild insomnia. I too struggle with SAD and this medication has really helped me get through the winter blues. Lost 10 lbs on this medication as I felt less hungry. Remember: there are so many natural ways to help with depression as well and I recommend that you explore these too. Good luck!"

KristenR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

"Minimal side effects (nausea for 2-4 days after each titration.) Activating, rather than sedating. Very effective for depression."

B-Hurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

"I have tried various antidepressants for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and Dysthymia. Only Paxil and Prozac have been mildly effective for the depressive aspect. Most of them have helped with the anxiety that often goes along with such conditions. Viibryd is the first medication that has been very effective for me. It lifted the fog and gloomy feeling and it increased my energy, focus, and alertness. I feel 10 years younger and fresher. In the beginning and with each titration there were some mild GI issues that lasted 2-4 days. There was some difficulty with sleep in the beginning and with each upward titration, but sleep eventually improved. Incidentally, Viibryd has also increased my libido."

B-Hurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

"I tried viibryd after being on citalopram for a year and a half to see if it would be better. I had no problems transitioning BUT I gained about 10 pounds in the first weeks I was on it full dosage. I NEVER fluctuate more than 1-2 lbs - have weighed the same for 10 years -- and despite eating less & exercising twice as much I couldn't lose the weight. After ~2 months I switched back to citalopram & lost all the weight in about 2 weeks. Without going to the gym."

Anonymous43546 April 18, 2015

"I was on Viibyrd for a month and was really gaining weight fast!!!! Doctor switched me to Brintellix 10 mg. I knew it was too strong for me so I dropped down to 5 mg. weights coming off and I feel so much better !!!!"

Cyd Marie April 10, 2015

"I took this medication when both of my parents died within 2 weeks. It worked really great for about a year. now I feel like it doesn't work like it used to and maybe my body's gotten used to it. But if you ever miss a dose you have extreme nightmares. So I am scared to go to sleep without taking it and thinking about maybe trying something new."

J.l.J April 2, 2015

"After being on Prozac for many years I had a period of things going on in my life that were causing great stress and felt that maybe changing my antidepressants might help. Dr. put me on starter kit and wound up taking 40mg daily. For about a week I felt like a new person, then the nightmares started. So real I was afraid to go to sleep. Anyways I ended up being hospitalized 2 times just to get off of it and had to take meds to stop the nightmares. Needless to say my experience was horrible."

eariley (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

"I'm a 45 yr old male tried Zoloft, lexapro but this medicine has made a huge difference in my overall mental state. I never thought I was depressed but I had severe anxiety and panic attacks to the point of almost passing out. High stress job and various changes the last year but this medicine is wonderful. I notice the gas issue and stomach issues but nothing really that bad or intolerable. My thoughts raced a little at the beginning but I'm 3 weeks in and honestly noticed feeling better within the 1st week. I still want sex everyday so its good in that department!"

La Man (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2015

"I have BPD, anxiety disorder, and agoraphobia. This medicine didn't do much for me. I got all of the side effects but none of the relief. I am only giving it a mid-line rating because I can't seem to tell if the medicine didn't help or if I am just more depressed/stressed lately."

raylee February 20, 2015

"I had underlying anxiety - constantly wanting to hide in bed - random crying - high intensity job - mind wouldn't shut off. Told doctor - she said this had helped many clients - by my 2nd day on 1/4 of the largest pill size - I felt at ease and pretty carefree. My life is 75% easier to take and I'm able to get through life with a smile. Very happy. "

Califgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2015

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Works great for me. No side effects."

Marigold15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2015

"On 6th week of Viibryd. It starts with a jump. Then tapers down and up a bit; then levels off and is decently effective. It's more sedating than Cymbalta and its a pain to eat in the am. However, so far it's weight neutral and I'll see how it progresses in another month. Only side effects are gas, and touches of stomach digestive feelings. So far so good"

Kelef (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2015

"I have fought depression all my life-60 years. I have tried pretty much every medicine available. My care provider put me on 40 mg Viibryd and 100 mg Lamotrigine. After about 6 weeks I woke up and could face the day. I have the desire to live and no longer have to try to pull myself out of a deep pit every day. "

squidfish (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2015

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I gave have severe depression for 15+ years and I've been on everything. Viibryd was great at first but at full dose of 40mg I have plateaued. I am more stable mood wise still struggling. I had high hopes and in general it's great due to the fewer side effects."

BrittMosh January 2, 2015

"I had depressive episodes even as a teenager. They seemed to get worse every third month. I'd been on every known medicine for twenty years without any help. I took Valium for panic attacks several times a day every day for twenty years. I've been on Viibryd for five weeks and finally found help. The only side effects have been diarrhea only in the morning the first few days and dry mouth. I wake up feeling very good each day. Thank you."

birdzflysouthinthewinter December 14, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next