User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 283 reviews 75 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 612 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "Zoloft has been a life saver for me. I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through the past year without it. I had anxiety and depression, but after I started taking Zoloft, I was finally starting to feel myself again and my headaches have gone away. If you have moderate to severe anxiety and depression, I would highly recommend this. It truly saved me."

140756 December 25, 2014

214 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I am actually just starting Zoloft for very consistent anxiety and probably depression that I am unaware of but I'm sure its there. I have tried propranol which will masque my anxiety but always seems to come back. Now I am waking up in the middle of the night with ringing ears and high heart rate. The Dr. has run about every test in the world and can't find anything wrong with me. I just want to feel normal and live a healthy life. I have heard the first two weeks can be rough with increased anxiety but I need to give it a shot. Hope to have good feedback soon."

FLA33703 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Been on it for 3 months. At first it was worse. The panick attacks and anxiety. Then it was like my brain flipped the switch. I feel so much better. Im 30 and started getting anxiety at 22. I never wanted meds. Fought hard and tried everything natural. Finally I gave in. I'm so happy now. I am not afraid of my own shadow anymore. I think I may have put on 3lbs from it, but as long as it stops there. Or it could be all the cookies. Give it a try. I'm not cured, but I NEVER want to go off Zoloft."

Maddoxy December 23, 2014

"I developed anxiety over a couple months and would eventually not leave my house or my bedroom. I was not sleeping and could not eat either. OB did blood tests and told me I was premenopausal and prescribed Zoloft. It has been a miracle for me. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever and have been taking it for a year. Did not want to have to rely on meds but I don't know how I would be without it."

Foxyslm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 17, 2014

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I'm 18 years old and was diagnosed with severe PMS/PMDD about two and a half weeks ago. It was a relief to finally have a diagnosis because I had developed progressively worse physical and physiological symptoms in the two weeks before my period. It had started to interfere with my schooling since I'd miss two days per cycle at least (which is a lot for a high school senior with AP classes). I was prescribed Beyaz a month ago and quit after 3 days because I was an emotional wreck. Another week or so went by and my symptoms got worse again. My doctor finally prescribed me with a low dose (25mg) and upped it a few days later to 50mg. It took a few days to take effect (it was a hard time) but now I'm better than I've been in months."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Asking my doctor about Zoloft was one of the best decisions for me. I have suffered from anxiety as long as I can remember. I feel like a new person now. I didn't even fully realize how bad it was until taking Zoloft. I didn't want to take meds, I thought my anxiety was just part of who I was and something I would have to deal with forever. Zoloft has changed my life."

waterfirewind12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2014

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I used to spend hours searching the web for some sort of cure for my obsessive thoughts. I was looking for answers and had fear of depression and anxiety. I have been taking this medication two months and I can honestly see an improvement in the person I am becoming. I am more patient for sure. I still have minimal anxiety but I am able to think through it without sitting in my bed and crying. I am someone who is terrified of ALL medication but I knew I had to do something for myself. At age(20) This has been such a positive experience and I plan on moving up my dose to see more improvements. I was in CBT for a year prior to this medication but found myself actually becoming worse. STAY OFF GOOGLE AND TAKE IT."

LOLO244 December 12, 2014

For Panic Disorder "My 18 year old son was diagnosed with panic disorder after an episode occurred on his second day of college. The attacks began to come regularly after that, not only in class, but even at home. He would panic when he was outside, and wanted to just stay in his room. It got very bad, so bad we had to withdraw him from his classes so he could get some treatment. We initially started him on a low dose of Klonopin to help ease some of the symptoms, which helped for a couple weeks, but he needed to begin increasing and also had some bad breakthrough panic attacks. We switched him to Zoloft 25mg for 1 week, and then 50mg second week. It is truly the best medication ever! He is back to being and feeling like himself and is able to do everything!"

BellaNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took Zoloft for a couple of years...it worked great for depression but it absolutely killed my sex drive."

StephanieAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2014

For Depression "I took Sertraline for Moderate Depression which it was exceptionally good at diminishing. I have been taking it for just under 6 weeks for moderate depression, social anxiety and generalised anxiety. It worked for depression the best, by far; however, not half as good for the anxiety, perhaps because it requires a higher dose and longer intake. Definitely consider Sertraline for depression, its side effects were minimal (if any because it was so unnoticeable)."

Serenamine (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on sertraline for 4 weeks and a day, my dr started me on 50mg, then after 3 weeks and 3 days she upped my dosage to 100mg, I have felt the side effects so I know this medication is doing something, however, I don't feel any better for taking it, I thought by now it would kick in.."

Felinelover13 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm very surprised at what this medication has done for me. I have been prescribed an SSRI multiple times but never took one because I was convinced my feelings of guilt and anxiety were appropriate reactions to my failures in life. I have lived a bohemian life chasing contentment and self respect. In a new relationship and questioned by my partner about my inconsolable sense of unhappiness, I realized I needed to try something other than running away so in a last ditch move, signed up for a depression study that has given me 6 mos of Zoloft medication. I have clarity now I haven't experienced in a decade, it is wonderful and sobering because I realize now how serious chemical depression is. Don't self medicate, it's OK to get help!"

LMGale (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I was born 1982 and throughout my adult life I have had problems with anxiety. I only really knew the true extent of how bad I was until I started taking 50mg of sertraline a couple of weeks ago. I went through my life self medicating whether it was alcohol or going for 8 mile runs just so I could relax. I realize now I heard the word "paranoid" pretty often which I now realize is very close to being anxious for obvious reasons. What strikes me about some of these reviews is many say its taken weeks to kick in. I suppose everyone is different but I felt my life change after 1 hour after taking a tablet. I now have an aura of calmness in my life. I feel like I'm at peace and living within the moment for the first time in years."

qwerty123456 December 5, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I always read these but never put on my own thoughts. I'm a 27 year old female with 2 young beautiful girls, and a very loving husband. It all sounds so perfect but my mood is far from that. I've been suffering silently with depression for years but only spoke to my doctor 6 months ago. 50mg made me worse, my mood was lower than before, shakes, heart palpitations etc but after a week, all side effects stopped but my mood was still lower than ever. Upped too 100mg, felt slightly better. Upped again to 150mg still felt better but then all of a sudden my depression got so much worse than it has ever been. Now on 200mg, still feel so low & down & zombified. Can't make decisions, just numb. "

JerseyLeighx (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I'm a very young adult and was in therapy for years from Post traumatic stress disorder from childhood that caused other problems I have now which include anxiety, panic, depression, attachment disorders and fear of abandonment, and most importantly borderline personality disorder. My psychologist and I experimented with a few different antidepressants such as Celexa and Abilify, but Zoloft was my favorite. It was good for me because I no longer had any anxiety attacks causing me to faint over things I couldn't control. When something did happen that would normally make me anxious or panicky, it was a significantly reduced reaction. That was also the bad thing, I almost got in an accident because I was numbed to any emotion, including awareness. I became lazy."

Anonymous.. November 30, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I've been on 50mg of Zoloft for three weeks now... it seems to be working pretty well. My obsessive thoughts started to have trouble materializing in my mind then before I knew it.. I started to feel like myself again and the thoughts and anxiety seem to have diminished."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Did NOT want to take meds, but I am so glad I finally hit rock bottom and decided Zoloft was an option worth considering. Seriously, it has completely changed my life. As long as you have a reputable therapist/doctor giving you the meds, there should be no major issues. Had some problems with sleep at first, but I started taking melatonin at night and now it's all good."

Anon321 November 26, 2014

For Panic Disorder "After trying just therapy for panic disorder, major depressive, and general anxiety I finally gave in and starting taking Zoloft. THANK GOD! I haven't had a single panic attack in 5 years when at one point I was having them up to ten times a day! I have had zero side effects. I also took it through pregnancy. I'm 28 and I'm fine with taking Zoloft forever, living without anxiety is just amazing!"

traciii (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Zoloft is a very good medication for anxiety and depression. For me better with anxiety. I am BiPolar I, am also on Zyban 150 a day. Taking these two medications together is fine as is also taking when you are BiPolar. Only with a specialists direction, though. I have been on Zoloft a couple of times the only side effect before was severe diarrhea. This time when I started taking it I got butterflies in the stomach and flutters, but over time this unusual for me side effect left me. Some say how many weeks to feel a impact. For me this last time was around 6 weeks. Which is normal. It's been proven that any time prior 4 weeks is most likely placebo effect. But if you feel better well, whether a placebo effect or not, it's good."

Koalamaiden - NSW (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I am a little over 2 weeks in. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder 2 months ago. I tried everything to avoid taking medicines. Did therapy, yoga, changed my diet, etc. I started to feel better but it was still a constant effort to lift my moods and stop my obsessive thinking. I was beyond nervous taking medicines but finally decided to after my sister convinced me (she's been on sertraline) for 2 years. I am loving it now and so happy I am giving it a shot. The adjustment was tough for me but so happy I preservered. I realized you don't get extra points in this world for suffering."

Ashley2432 November 24, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I've always had generalized anxiety & social anxiety ever since I can remember, but I would still push myself to go places like mall, Walmart, or just walk out my front door, not knowing what was wrong with me. So around 17 I dropped out of school, & started working as a cashier, did good & managed to control my anxiety, until I'm 18 now, and here come the panic attacks & agoraphobia kicking in. I hated leaving the house & just being around people period. So I quit my job; I went to the doctor he put me on Paxil 10mg, then Paxil 20mg didnt do anything, then Zoloft 50mg then 100mg a month later. Overall my mood is much better/calmer. I'm still a shaky mess in public & even around people."

blahk (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "There was a point where I had been forgetting to take the Zoloft that had been prescribed to me for social anxiety (and it had worked quite well in decreasing the symptoms of that disorder) and during the time I had been forgetting to take the meds, things took a turn for the worse. It all started with an intrusive thought, and that was what triggered my first, horrific episode of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It took me a while to piece together the reason why the OCD had developed and persisted, but finally I realized that my Zoloft had possibly been suppressing an earlier development of OCD due to it's anti-anxiety effects (OCD is characterized by anxiety.) I then got back on the medication, and it literally only took an hour for the OCD to significantly vanish."

Calmified November 22, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Feel so good when it finally start working at day #15. Feel calm in public for the first time in my life. Only cons is not able to orgasm and increased sweating."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2014

For Depression "I started to develop depression around puberty, over the years it became more and more intense. Some days I would cry and have to leave school, around two years ago my Doctor put me on 50mg of Zoloft. The first few weeks were a wreck, I had terrible nausea, was tired all the time, could barely eat, and some days I would experience a zombie feeling. After the Zoloft started to kick in the side effects subsided. I went through bouts of not taking it and then I would feel bad and start taking it again, every time I went back on the pill the stomach pains increased to were I would eat once every other day. Since then I have been put on a new medication that I hope starts kicking in. All in all Zoloft was amazing, if you stick to it."

Toxica (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 20, 2014

For Depression "I am 39 years old, was a new nurse and struggling with major depression. I had not been to a Dr in years and broke down crying at the first visit. Started 50 mg a day. Felt a little funny first couple days but now feel much better! Everyone noticed a change for the better and even got a promotion at work! Feel so much better and have not had any side effects!"

Nurse Nan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2014

170 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next