User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 4)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Postpartum Depression 11 reviews 7 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 788 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "Works great for me with anxiety and stress. I'm at 100mg daily. I have been taken it for about 6 months. Also helps with anger issues."

Scorpionjew (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2016

For Depression "I've never taken antidepressants before (I'm 19). Back in November I started Zoloft at 25 mg for one week. I felt good, my energy was high. But after about 5 of those days, I got bad headaches. Then I started my 50 mg dose. I was even more depressed. I stayed in bed all day. I had panic episodes more frequently. I barely ate, I lost close to 10 pounds which really scared me. I couldn't take care of myself. I thought I was losing myself. Then I was told to go back to 25 mg. I felt better, less of a lump, but I was still having depressed feelings. I got off zoloft back in December. Consult your doctor before completely cutting off! I hope my Dr. will prescribe me something else..."

RhiRipley (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

For Depression "On Zolft 25 mg / day and my anxiety attacks have stopped. I haven't woken up depressed (used to wake up depressed and stay in bed) or had suicidal thoughts (had suicidal thoughts almost daily.) It's like this medicine has filled in the blanks for me. I don't feel high or euphoric or excited or anything other than what I think normal must feel like. It's quite a change from what I was used to, nonstop anxiety, depression and I was always thinking about suicide but all that has stopped and is a thing of the past. I can't even believe I was feeling like that. I now know that something was wrong with my brain and this medicine has fixed it for me. I am so happy to wake up not feeling sad."

Chocolatechipcookiesandmilk! (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am a classic text book case of Social Anxiety Disorder. I have suffered my whole life with out seeking help and knowing that I could be helped. That is until it all spiraled to the point of disrupting my career. I had no purpose and hope in life. I just live. I have been on Zoloft 50mg for 12 days and for now my anxiety has worsened but holding out hope I would get better. I live in Africa and have an opportunity to work as a volunteer abroad and before that in two weeks time I will be travelling to the US for training. This is my first international trip and I am feeling anxious like hell. I have the knowledge, skill and experience i am just worried my SA will let me down. pray to me"

rough December 23, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I started zoloft after months of bad panic episodes. I was previously on celexa, but I did not feel it was working anymore. I started on 50mg's and have worked up to 100mg. I have had all the side effects people talk about. Insomnia, shakiness, fast heart beat etc. I've been on that dose for almost 3 weeks now and my anxiety is still very high. I take klonopin .5mg at night to sleep and another .5mg in the day if I absolutely have to have it. I'm still waiting for that switch that everyone is talking about. Not sure if I need to increase the dose or ride it out. I feel terrible right now. I meditate and try breathing excercises, but I still feel awful. I need some reassurance please..."

littlegr (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2015

For Depression "I've been suffering with depression coupled with anxiety for over 10 years. Its been hell ruining every aspect of my life (loss of relationships, my business etc.) After seeing so many psychiatrists I had lost hope and was getting very close to ending my life so tried to get help one more time. For the first time I met a young Doctor who listened. He prescribed me Zoloft 50mg. The change = I left my house within 2 weeks (major agoraphobia for 8 months) started talking to people, going out again with friends, preparing to launch my business again and I feel happy. Not manic, HAPPY and measured. I'm praying that I stay this way. There is hope out there. Don't give up guys. :)"

George1972 December 18, 2015

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on this medication for a year and it seriously changed my life. I suffered from the worst anxiety attacks ever. I went to emergency room twice thinking I was having a pulmonary embolism. After taking this medication for 3 months I had never experienced anxiety. The only down fall is a few side effects such as, dry mouth, crazy dreams every night and my metabolism has slowed down. These side effects are worth it over the horrible feeling of not being able to function because I had such bad anxiety. Taking 50mg at bed time. Definitely recommend."

123kels22 December 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Took Zoloft for Major Depression and Anxiety. Started at 25mg and went up to 75mg over time. Didn't have any full on panic attacks after starting the drug and noticed a lessening of my depression, however I had AWFUL insomnia even when taking it in the morning, and it didn't help my general/social anxiety as much as I hoped. The sleeplessness ended up making me more anxious overall and was not worth the benefits."

JennyS92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I am a 30 year old female that has had Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Emetophobia, and Social Phobia for the last 20 years. I have been on several medications (Seroquel, Depakote, Celexa, Wellbutrin, Paxil, Effexor, Topamax, and now Zoloft) throughout the years combined with therapy to help with these issues. I started Zoloft July 2015 and had terrible nausea from it. It was the most intense burning sensation in my stomach, even after taking it with food. I was on it for 3 months, ranging from 12.5mg to 50mg. Nausea didn't go away and didn't help any of my disorders. I am now on Lexapro and have great results. I wouldn't recommend Zoloft."

Ashley2994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I'm 33 years old and have a son. I would panic everytime he wasn't with me. I would think of the craziest "what ifs" that could happen. I got to the point I couldn't even drive on the highway because I might get into an accident. I was prescribed zoloft at 25mg for six weeks...I felt nauseous for a couple days but was fine. Then I was put up to 50mg for another six weeks. I was really tired and my anxiety spiked but I stuck it out. Now I'm on 100mg. Have been for 2 weeks. Not a single anxiety attack. I feel less tired but still get sleepy through out the day. My son can be at school, out swimming or doing other kid things and my mind doesn't head straight to horrible what if thoughts. Yay!!"

Dani3264 December 10, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Never again I had weight gain, no sleep, blurred vision, diarrhea. I was on aropax for 12 years , things only got worse on Zoloft 20mg day."

nosmiles December 8, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I've been prescribed 200 mg of zoloft daily and I think thats excessively too much - any opinions? I'm also on 2mg xanax 4 times a daily for panic attacks which works well. I was on Ativan 2mg 3 of them for night terrors which worked well but they took them off me and gave me 200 mg of zoloft! I was always told 100 mg was a max on zoloft but the nurse practitioner seems to know more than my doc cause he was out and she was filling in! So next month I'm getting my ativan back and going back to 100 mg of zoloft."

steamroller4u2 December 7, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I had a huge phobia when it came to taking pills and refused ssris altogether for at least 15 years. My panic disorder was so out of control. I finally made some changes in my life and started on zoloft. I was so afraid I started on literally 6.25 mg and next week 12 next week 25. I stopped at 75mg for a long while. It changes my life completely. I wish I'd done this so many years ago. I think of all of the time I wasted and its so sad. I'm up to 150mg now, my only fear is that it's effectiveness is wearing off. In almost at max dose. I'm going to talk to my psychiatrist and hope we can figure out what to do. I know that I feel alive more than I had for years. I suggest no matter how scared you are, try an SSRI. It can change your life."

anxious annie (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I had extreme issues with anxiety and depression. I'm really happy I chose to start taking zoloft because it helped almost immediately"

Madilins December 6, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft is WONDERFUL. I have been on every other drug in the antideppresant class in ver 25 years. Paxil as fairly good for anxiety but as a male I was unable to even pretend to orgasm. As long as I stay at 50 mg with 150 mg wellbutrin I am able to orgasm. At 100 mg sexual sde effects kick in but not to the extent of Paxil. IT TAKES TIME TO WORK. I would say 6 weeks to 2 months for full effect but then nirvana."

Happy man at last December 5, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Hi I am 43 suffering from extreme social phobia that prevent me from all kinds of activities and work too...most symptoms are blushing, shaky voice, sweating, and general depressive feeling. Doctor started me today my first treatment ever of 25mg zoloft first week than 50mg up to a 100mg in 1 month.i just took my first pills and crossed my fingers..I just like to thank you all that made me feel so much better knowing I am not alone out there."

chamchoum (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

For Depression "been on Zoloft 3-4 months. The usual side effects. Worst insomnia when I upped the dose from 50 to 100mg, which lasted about 2-3 weeks . Insomnia returned when I upped to 150mg, but not as bad. I am at 150mg. I take it at 5-6am now, which knocks me out and I sleep additional 1-2 hours, in a very relaxed state. I kind of use it as a morning sleeping pill. If I take zoloft at 10pm, it has opposite effect and I can't sleep. Depression is mostly gone, generalized anxiety is completely gone, social anxiety is reduced significantly. It took 2 month for the anxiety to go away. For public speech I still use 40mg propranolol 1 hour before the event, and the results are overall great."

jorge j (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

For Depression "My psychiatrist started me on 25 mg for a month and then upped my dose to 50 mg for my anxiety. I have to say that I'm doing great. The only side effects I had was diarrhea which only lasted for a couple of days. Now the only thing I have is tingling feeling in my legs but other than that Zoloft is a life saver. Going on two months with this medication."

Jazzy1975 December 3, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed 50mg of sertraline due to panic attacks and general anxiety. The first 2-3 weeks were almost unbearable (increased anxiety, insomnia and nausea) but slowly but surely after about a month I started to feel like I could finally relax. I would not recommend coming off this medication instantly-I tried it and I had horrible withdrawal symptoms so now I'm on 25mg every other day and it's worked out great for me! Stick through the bad times because it's so worth it!"

Alfiechip (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2015

For Depression "taken Sertraline (Zoloft) for 25 years 100mg/day - 15 years ago decided to wean off which I did slowly for three month. The 2 months I was totally off before could be seen by psychiatrist were absolutely miserable. Took longer to get back to feeling good the second time. It is inexpensive and covered by small deductible with insurance. One significant negative: because of the initial very "high" I got from it for about two weeks, my psychiatrist put me on 1mg Lorazepam (Ativan) as a sleeping aid - unfortunately Ativan dependency common and I have bad dreams and sleepless nights without it! - Ativan highly regulated drug but fortunately also cheap/covered by insurance - so Zoloft plus Ativan excellent combo for me for rest of my life - feel great!"

MHR November 29, 2015

For Depression "I just started Zoloft 2 weeks ago and have noticed an immense change in how I've been feeling. I used to be very sad and anxious about my relationship that ended badly, and I would binge eat lots of bread and bagels. Since taking it, I've had this new outlook on life.... I've been content with everything. A simple inner peace. I used to be obsessive about my weight (combined with the binge eating, it was a messy combination.) but since then I've been able to eat balanced and not even weigh myself (used to weigh myself compulsively) I've had greater self confidence and wake up every morning excited for my day. I no longer have the crazy anxieties I used to about getting crazy life threatening illnesses. zoloft has been incredible for me."

Zoloftlover (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

For Depression "I been on sertraline hcl 25 mg for a long time and it helped me through the car accident that mom and I was in. I was still taking sertraline when my grandma died and it helped me get through the toughest time of my life. Sertraline makes me a brand new person out of me. sertraline is the best."

SANDY BRABSON November 28, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Zoloft 50 mg once a day for social anxiety disorder/generalized anxiety disorder and it has worked great. After trying several other medications, I'm happy that I've found the one for me. It took about two weeks for the effects to become noticeable, and fortunately I have not had any negative side effects. I've noticed quite a few changes thanks to Zoloft. For example, I used to hate making phone calls for work and would always feel serious anxiety, now I can do it with no problem. I also find it easier to speak in front of people, and in general my thoughts seem more organized and calmer. I would recommend Zoloft to someone trying an SSRI for the first time, as it is the only one that hasn't caused me a negative reaction."

frances123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I had a car accident 2013 Nov ..,concossion, ptsd , etc . and finally the best treatment is zolof ☺I feel better, ,,no panic attacks anymore and nausea almost gone, ,and frustration almost gone"

nani123 November 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I don't have enough experience to give a proper rating but I have suffered with social anxiety disorder my whole life and was put on these pills 2 years ago, I only took them for 2 months though. They made me have trouble sleeping and they messed up my libido which for me was the worst part but about 4-6 weeks in, I was at college and some people sat at my desk in the common room (this is something that would usually cause a panic attack) and I didn't even care, absolutely no anxiety but when I stopped taking them it came back so now I'm gonna see if doc will put me back on them"

djmotion November 22, 2015