User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 4)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Postpartum Depression 11 reviews 7 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 777 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "I've been prescribed 200 mg of zoloft daily and I think thats excessively too much - any opinions? I'm also on 2mg xanax 4 times a daily for panic attacks which works well. I was on Ativan 2mg 3 of them for night terrors which worked well but they took them off me and gave me 200 mg of zoloft! I was always told 100 mg was a max on zoloft but the nurse practitioner seems to know more than my doc cause he was out and she was filling in! So next month I'm getting my ativan back and going back to 100 mg of zoloft."

steamroller4u2 December 7, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I had a huge phobia when it came to taking pills and refused ssris altogether for at least 15 years. My panic disorder was so out of control. I finally made some changes in my life and started on zoloft. I was so afraid I started on literally 6.25 mg and next week 12 next week 25. I stopped at 75mg for a long while. It changes my life completely. I wish I'd done this so many years ago. I think of all of the time I wasted and its so sad. I'm up to 150mg now, my only fear is that it's effectiveness is wearing off. In almost at max dose. I'm going to talk to my psychiatrist and hope we can figure out what to do. I know that I feel alive more than I had for years. I suggest no matter how scared you are, try an SSRI. It can change your life."

anxious annie (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I had extreme issues with anxiety and depression. I'm really happy I chose to start taking zoloft because it helped almost immediately"

Madilins December 6, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft is WONDERFUL. I have been on every other drug in the antideppresant class in ver 25 years. Paxil as fairly good for anxiety but as a male I was unable to even pretend to orgasm. As long as I stay at 50 mg with 150 mg wellbutrin I am able to orgasm. At 100 mg sexual sde effects kick in but not to the extent of Paxil. IT TAKES TIME TO WORK. I would say 6 weeks to 2 months for full effect but then nirvana."

Happy man at last December 5, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Hi I am 43 suffering from extreme social phobia that prevent me from all kinds of activities and work too...most symptoms are blushing, shaky voice, sweating, and general depressive feeling. Doctor started me today my first treatment ever of 25mg zoloft first week than 50mg up to a 100mg in 1 month.i just took my first pills and crossed my fingers..I just like to thank you all that made me feel so much better knowing I am not alone out there."

chamchoum (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

For Depression "been on Zoloft 3-4 months. The usual side effects. Worst insomnia when I upped the dose from 50 to 100mg, which lasted about 2-3 weeks . Insomnia returned when I upped to 150mg, but not as bad. I am at 150mg. I take it at 5-6am now, which knocks me out and I sleep additional 1-2 hours, in a very relaxed state. I kind of use it as a morning sleeping pill. If I take zoloft at 10pm, it has opposite effect and I can't sleep. Depression is mostly gone, generalized anxiety is completely gone, social anxiety is reduced significantly. It took 2 month for the anxiety to go away. For public speech I still use 40mg propranolol 1 hour before the event, and the results are overall great."

jorge j (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

For Depression "My psychiatrist started me on 25 mg for a month and then upped my dose to 50 mg for my anxiety. I have to say that I'm doing great. The only side effects I had was diarrhea which only lasted for a couple of days. Now the only thing I have is tingling feeling in my legs but other than that Zoloft is a life saver. Going on two months with this medication."

Jazzy1975 December 3, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed 50mg of sertraline due to panic attacks and general anxiety. The first 2-3 weeks were almost unbearable (increased anxiety, insomnia and nausea) but slowly but surely after about a month I started to feel like I could finally relax. I would not recommend coming off this medication instantly-I tried it and I had horrible withdrawal symptoms so now I'm on 25mg every other day and it's worked out great for me! Stick through the bad times because it's so worth it!"

Alfiechip (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2015

For Depression "taken Sertraline (Zoloft) for 25 years 100mg/day - 15 years ago decided to wean off which I did slowly for three month. The 2 months I was totally off before could be seen by psychiatrist were absolutely miserable. Took longer to get back to feeling good the second time. It is inexpensive and covered by small deductible with insurance. One significant negative: because of the initial very "high" I got from it for about two weeks, my psychiatrist put me on 1mg Lorazepam (Ativan) as a sleeping aid - unfortunately Ativan dependency common and I have bad dreams and sleepless nights without it! - Ativan highly regulated drug but fortunately also cheap/covered by insurance - so Zoloft plus Ativan excellent combo for me for rest of my life - feel great!"

MHR November 29, 2015

For Depression "I just started Zoloft 2 weeks ago and have noticed an immense change in how I've been feeling. I used to be very sad and anxious about my relationship that ended badly, and I would binge eat lots of bread and bagels. Since taking it, I've had this new outlook on life.... I've been content with everything. A simple inner peace. I used to be obsessive about my weight (combined with the binge eating, it was a messy combination.) but since then I've been able to eat balanced and not even weigh myself (used to weigh myself compulsively) I've had greater self confidence and wake up every morning excited for my day. I no longer have the crazy anxieties I used to about getting crazy life threatening illnesses. zoloft has been incredible for me."

Zoloftlover (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

For Depression "I been on sertraline hcl 25 mg for a long time and it helped me through the car accident that mom and I was in. I was still taking sertraline when my grandma died and it helped me get through the toughest time of my life. Sertraline makes me a brand new person out of me. sertraline is the best."

SANDY BRABSON November 28, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Zoloft 50 mg once a day for social anxiety disorder/generalized anxiety disorder and it has worked great. After trying several other medications, I'm happy that I've found the one for me. It took about two weeks for the effects to become noticeable, and fortunately I have not had any negative side effects. I've noticed quite a few changes thanks to Zoloft. For example, I used to hate making phone calls for work and would always feel serious anxiety, now I can do it with no problem. I also find it easier to speak in front of people, and in general my thoughts seem more organized and calmer. I would recommend Zoloft to someone trying an SSRI for the first time, as it is the only one that hasn't caused me a negative reaction."

frances123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I had a car accident 2013 Nov ..,concossion, ptsd , etc . and finally the best treatment is zolof ☺I feel better, ,,no panic attacks anymore and nausea almost gone, ,and frustration almost gone"

nani123 November 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I don't have enough experience to give a proper rating but I have suffered with social anxiety disorder my whole life and was put on these pills 2 years ago, I only took them for 2 months though. They made me have trouble sleeping and they messed up my libido which for me was the worst part but about 4-6 weeks in, I was at college and some people sat at my desk in the common room (this is something that would usually cause a panic attack) and I didn't even care, absolutely no anxiety but when I stopped taking them it came back so now I'm gonna see if doc will put me back on them"

djmotion November 22, 2015

For Depression "Everyone's Experience with a drug will be different. In my case, being a 6ft, 170 pound male with depression on 50mg of zoloft , I had a good experience. It wont be the same for everyone but you have to hang in there until you find the right medication. I tried lexapro previously 10mg and it was too intense for me. Zoloft is a little bit softer and less intense (for me anyway) . The first two weeks sucked , I had increased anxiety and it was hard to sleep but it was worth it. I was going through withdrawal syndrome from lexapro (i stopped taking it) and the zoloft cured me in about 3 days. it has helped my depression alot, and a little bit of my anxiety. I want to stay on 50mg as long as possible and i am hoping this will last. I"

Zoloft Fan (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I've dealt with anxiety for the past 7 years, but about 2 months ago it got really bad. I started having at least one panic attack a day and it was really scary. I'm not a depressed person, but the anxiety was making me feel that way because I didn't know if I would go back to "normal" - I finally decided to see the doctor and tried Zoloft. I didn't have any side effects, just mild anxiety that got better day to day. A couple of high anxiety days in between, but all in all... I was getting back to myself. Here I am, a couple of months later and COMPLETELY back to normal! I feel so happy and thankful that I decided to try medicine."

RachRiv November 20, 2015

For Depression "I was put on sertraline six years ago after my previous SSRI, Luvox, became ineffective. I have found it effective at controlling my depression and anxiety, but there have been some major drawbacks. Primarily, I find myself unable to achieve orgasm during intercourse. Also, earlier this summer, I tried reducing my dosage from 150 mg to 100 mg - and I got a taste of SSRI withdrawal syndrome, which really, really, really sucks - a veritable hell on earth. I am currently looking into changing to a better tolerated drug."

Rigoletto (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 17, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I am not actually a soldier (see user name) but due to childhood trauma (diagnosed with PTSD as a result) I have felt like I am always fighting a war just to get through the day. I had fight or flight response to stimuli that are just normal everyday mild stressors for most people and have had so much trouble making relationships work because of self doubt, guilt, feelings of unworthiness, etc. I have been on zoloft for 3 months now, at first 25mg and then starting 4 weeks ago 50mg. My life has changed profoundly. I can be in love without being overwhelmed by self doubt. My depression and anxiety have lessened tremendously. For me, zoloft is a miracle."

unknownsoldier November 16, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This medicine does help with inhibitions when talking to people. But I find that I'm not fully satisfied with this medicine. I still have bad anticipatory anxiety to social situations. To the point where I can't relax before a social event."

Shanie244 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "As someone that HATES crowds & dealing with people in general, Zoloft seems to be helping. I have also tried Lexapro, which caused horrible weight gain & total numbness when it came to feelings. Zoloft has been doing the opposite...my appetite is pretty much non-existent. So far, I wouldn't say I'm having any major side effects & im overall happy with everything."

Cali Antionette (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just started taking Zoloft yesterday and I heard it took awhile to kick in. I've seen a lot of good reviews and I hope for it to be helpful. I will give a rating when it kicks in."

theycallmejayquellin November 12, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I started taking zoloft about 5 months ago and it has totally changed my life for the better. The first 2 wks were a little rough ( increased anxiety ), but my Dr increased my ativan dosage until the zoloft started working. It took about 4-6 weeks to truly start working, but once it did it was a life saver. I've had barely any anxiety and have been able to decrease my ativan slowly to 0.5mg per day. Would highly recommend this med for panic attacks and / or generalized anxiety disorder."

Kmsbooty November 11, 2015

For Depression "Zoloft has been a complete hell for two months and a half. I've tried to up the dose to 75 as I was taking 50. With no results, but it made me dizzy to the point I couldn't drive, nauseous and exhausted. Also, this medication has increased my social phobia. A complete hell. To those thinking on taking Zoloft, please consider other options. I've never felt so bad in my entire life. Now changing to Prozac."

Coolchickzzzz75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Hi all I've been on sertraline for just over 7 weeks started out on 25mg then 50mg then worked my way up to 100mg. I had every side affect going BUT I did not give up I suffered from severe anxiety, could not leave the house, my husband had to take time off work to look after me, BUT Now I am nearly back to my old self, going out, if you are just starting out on sertraline please please give it time to work and hold on in there IT WILL GET BETTER ."

Wilba (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Zoloft is an excellent medication for treating obsessive compulsive disorder, depression, and anxiety..all of which I have. Ever since I started taking it I have been so much happier and worry free. However I am 24 years old and I enjoy to go out to the bar with my friends..and let me tell you. If you want to drink on this medication, be advised that it will completley cancel the drug out. Everytime I drink I have severe anxiety the next day. But other than that I would recomend this drug"

jesssse789 November 8, 2015