User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 295 reviews 76 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 636 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "My 14-year-old son suffers from major depressive disorder/social anxiety disorder. He was previously on lexapro for 10 months, which worked well for his symptoms but gradually stopped working. He was switched to Zoloft and increased from 25 mg to 50 mg after a week. Only 3 days into the 50 mg dose he reports much improvement in his depression symptoms. It doesnt control his anxiety symptoms as well (yet) but we are hoping that will change in the next few weeks. Overall, he feels better on Zoloft. Takes it in the evening due to initial side effect of headache."

Momiftwo March 7, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "No terrible side effects a side from severe headaches when I miss a dose. Completely regulated my anxiety and mood."

Januaru February 24, 2015

For Panic Disorder "One week on Zoloft, no more bad dreams and nightmares.I can't remember last time I slept so well.I feel little better with my anxiety and this gives me hope."

nadinatal February 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it. I never used to talk to anyone and as soon as I started Zoloft I made so many new friends and I actually talk to people! Instead of sitting in my room being depressed and having anxiety attacks. It really works."

Tttttttt February 23, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "It worked pretty well for a long time; I've been on it about 12 years and have had no real issue with it. The problem is that I've been on the max for a while and it's not helping me much anymore."

KellyBird57 (taken for 10 years or more) February 19, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was taking Zoloft 6 years ago because I had night panic attacks, bad dreams and I was feeling generally anxious.Can't remember did I have side effects.My sleep improve and I became different person, maybe because I hit puberty or because of Zoloft I don't know. I was another person.Happy.Not shy anymore.Did some pretty dangerous stuff.Nothing scared me at all.I was feeling great so I stopped.Then I start feeling anxious again and it get worse.Now,I have panic attacks not only during sleep but all day.I had them at home,car,cinema,gym,restaurant.I feel trapped,I'm so scared and afraid I'm going really crazy.Today I start Zoloft again.I took my first 25 mg.I will keep update.Hope it will get better."

Blueblack (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2015

For Depression "I was on Celexa for a year and it wasn't working for me. Then my doctor prescribed me Zoloft and it's my fourth day taking it and I love it. I finally have a clear head on my shoulders. And for the first time in a long time, I don't feel depressed at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from depression."

Alliey (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "This medicine completely changed my life. Before I got on it, I was in deep depression and had a horrible chemical imbalance in my brain. I have been on this medicine for 2 months. This is wonderful. Now I'm more happy, smiling, and the chemicals in my brain are balanced. I did gain 3 pounds since on this although it was supposed to decrease appetite."

Codr (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2015

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This has been a miracle for me. I do have to take the name brand though. The fillers they use in generics tear my stomach up."

Renee8914 February 2, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft has helped me to be more social and therefore make more friends. It also makes me feel less awkward and just overall more happy."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 1, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Been on Zoloft for years and have never looked back. Although, one doctor reduced my dosage and had to up it again, after several weeks. Absolutely no side effects, unless you can call being cheerful, a bad thing!"

Stuarttee (taken for 10 years or more) January 29, 2015

For Depression "Lately I've been having really bad panic attacks, migraines, night terrors/nightmares every night for three weeks I started Zoloft last night and it already started working within a night I'm more calm and feel like my old self already."

Zatch January 28, 2015

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "IT'S MY SAVIOR, I was in severe anxiety and depression for the last 6 months, it felt like there was no hope anymore, started taking Zoloft, and today is my 4th week. It's not that I don't feel depressed anymore, I FEEL HAPPY, enjoying every moment of life, I go to work full of motivation now, I feel like nothing can stress me out, you sound very confident in front of your colleagues. I am so thankful for this medicine, it gave me my potential, my efficiency and my life back. No significant side effects, other than weight gain."

Lou1985 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2015

207 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks for almost 13 years. Literally every day I was anxious from the time I woke up until I went to bed. Racing thoughts, constant anxiety, and at one point would hardly go out in public fearing a panic attack. Zoloft has changed my life COMPLETELY!! No more racing thoughts or anxiety!! Feeling like a normal person again and actually enjoying life and even laughing! Took two months to start feeling full results. Main side effect was sleeping all the time and loss of appetite. Highly recommend!!"

Winnie333 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2015

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have suffered with depression since I was 16. When I was 21 I started to experience anxiety which developed into a full blown panic disorder. I was afraid of driving, going to work, being with friends, almost anything made me experience horrible physical sensations. In September 2014 I was prescribed prozac this increased my anxiety so was given an anti psychotic which worked but I did not feel anything I felt like a zombie. 5 weeks into taking sertraline I haven't had a panic attack since the first week and when I do get anxiety it goes away quickly and is much less intense. It has given me my confidence back and lifted my mood. For anyone suffering with panic disorder I would recommend giving this a try. I'm on 50mg a day."

lollipop759 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago for panic attacks but I am having a hard time with the side effects. I feel like it has made my anxiety even worse but I am going to continue taking it until I get over the initial starting side effects."

Mirgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft got rid of my anxiety (I have general anxiety) at 50 mg. At 75 Mg, my tics started improving greatly (lessening). Unfortunately though, Zoloft made me more depressed, in an apathetic way. I suspect it's the decrease in dopamine due to raising my serotonin. Dr is adding Wellbutrin. Maybe I'll get my sex drive back too (which Zoloft also squashed). Overall, for Anxiety, it works very well for me."

LoveSupps January 21, 2015

For Panic Disorder "My entire life I have had problems with severe anxiety, panic attacks, depression and portion control. (In other words I ate to make myself feel better). I was not overweight. I also would have Obsessive compulsive disorder thoughts for days, weeks, years about events that did not even matter. After taking Zoloft for two months all of my conditions as listed above has ceased to exist. I do not feel the need to eat all the time, I do not have OCD thoughts anymore, depression, anxiety, etc. has disappeared. It honestly brings me to tears thinking about suffering like I have for the past 22 years. Thank you, Zoloft."

BarbaricCupcakemuffin January 20, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Well, I'm sitting here in the ER after having increased my Zoloft dosage. It was absolutely horrific! I think I am very sensitive to medications. When I was on 25mg for the first 3 days, everything went well. When I increased to 50mg, as directed, I had every side effect for Serotonin Syndrome imaginable. Now I don know if I should discontinue or go back to the lower M.g.'s."

37505253 January 9, 2015

For Depression "I have had depression since I can remember. Lost lots of relations because of it. Got on it eleven years ago and have more friends then ever."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 5, 2015

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been struggling with social anxiety disorder and a low-level functioning depression for most of my life. Four years went by with no medication, and during this time I was very paranoid and lost all of my friends. It wasn't until I met my boyfriend that I saw I couldn't truly function this way. I finally admitted to myself that I might need to be on medication. It's been about two months and I feel awesome. I am taking 50mg everyday, and was able to go on a Christmas vacation where my boyfriend and I met each other's families. This would never have been doable before. I am thoroughly satisfied, and am so happy with my decision. I still have leftover anxiety symptoms but I am working on that in therapy."

krquire11 January 5, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft gives me no negative side effects, no weight gain, no "zombie" effect, the only problem is that it makes me pretty restless when trying to fall asleep, but it isn't a huge problem. It really helps me with my agoraphobia, two months ago I could barely leave the house. I also tried Paxil, Prozac, and Lexapro - all of which did not help much. Zoloft it is."

Duls (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2015

For Postpartum Depression "Zoloft has given me my life back. I had anxiety during my pregnancy that turned into OCD when I was 3 months postpartum. I was a mess, but I kept telling myself that as long as I was still functioning I didn't need medication. There was an adjustment period where we figured out my ideal dose (100 mg) and I had to get through a sharp increase in anxiety while my brain adjusted, but little by little, I started to notice changes in my thought patterns. It doesn't happen suddenly, you may not notice how much better you're doing until you stop and look back on situations that used to give you terrible anxiety and realize that you weren't nervous much at all. I continue to notice improvements after almost 4 months on my ideal dose (100 mg)."

Rachel R. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was offered sertraline (Zoloft) after a relapse of Generalized Anxiety Disorder which brought with it a severe case of Pure-o intrusive thoughts of the harm variety. These thoughts were ruining my life and making me depressed. I was prescribed 50mg per day. The first 3 days were hell with a huge increase in fatigue, depression and intrusive thoughts. I almost gave up it was that bad. I was using diazepam 2mg In those first 3 days and thought they weren't playing nice with the Zoloft so I stopped them. I saw instant improvement after doing so. Now I am 7 days in and have had the best day ever. My intrusive thoughts are far fewer and far easier to simply dismiss. Amazed."

rchippex (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

For Depression "Zoloft has been a life saver for me. I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through the past year without it. I had anxiety and depression, but after I started taking Zoloft, I was finally starting to feel myself again and my headaches have gone away. If you have moderate to severe anxiety and depression, I would highly recommend this. It truly saved me."

140756 December 25, 2014

225 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next