User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 521 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by resji (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Diarrhea, uncontrollable muscle spasms, severe panic attacks, severe anxiety, severe restlessness, sweating, and bruising is all this medication did to me.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by Anxiety, Depression (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I started taking Zoloft about a month ago, in the first week i had some diarrhea and experienced some insomnia, but it soon disappeared. Within three weeks my depression and anxiety subsided. This medication changed my life.

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2014 1:39 AM

Review by anicko (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: I promised to come back and do a review of the medicine if it had worked for me. About a year ago I had constant panic attacks which eventually became fear to drive, fear to be at a restaurant, waking up and feeling that it would be my last day on this world. Doctor said I have anxiety disorder. After trying another medicine with no results started me on 0.5mg Sertraline. After a year I can honestly say that I am 98% "panic free". Huge relief within the first couple weeks but give it some time to experience the full medicine effect (couple months). Noticeable side effects: Sometimes I need to focus on remembering simple things, weight LOSS (at the beginning) now I'm normal again.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2014 11:52 PM

Review by Buckythecat (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I have to say that Zoloft saved my life. I have been on it for over 10 years but about a year and half ago I switched to another pill just to try it. WHY I don't know, should have never left Zoloft. I then started to take a muscle relaxer for a sore shoulder, BE VERY CAREFUL in taking other medications with any antidepressants. The dread, the worthlessness the crying all came back. Back on Zoloft for about a week and I can function once again. THANK YOU ZOLOFT.

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2014 1:59 PM

Review by Muchbetternow (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have now been on Zoloft for a solid 12 months (50mg). It has changed my life. I was prescribed it for depression, anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - it has almost completely resolved issues I have had for most of my life. I hesitated in taking it due to side-effects mostly because I have always been obsessed with my weight. I'm happy to report that if anything, I have dropped weight in the last year. I no longer am tempted to binge eat and just lead a healthy and active lifestyle because I am happier. I really wanted someone to read this who was in my position - who was too scared to try it because of side-effects. My only side effects are dry eyes, I need to sleep 8 hours a night (instead of 5-6) and that's the worst of it!

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2013 4:06 AM

Review by mazz3685:

For Panic Disorder: I think Zoloft can work well for panic disorders. I would've given it an 8-9, but the start up side effects were pretty rough for about 2 weeks, and a lot of other things seem to interact with it...at least in my case. I can't drink, at all. If I do, I experience side effects again for 2-3 days, including increased anxiety. Also, I've noticed that if I take ibuprofen or Tylenol, I also experience side effects again. I thought perhaps I was being paranoid, but there's actually studies that confirm they decrease effectiveness of SSRI's. When I don't drink or take pain meds, it works wonderfully, but its a bit of a pain. It also seems to help if you suffer from migraines.

December 28, 2013 7:27 PM

Review by bassmstr22 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: At first I was reluctant to take a pill even though I had been diagnosed with major depression. My family talked me into taking this medication. I am on my third week of taking Zoloft. The first week my doctor started me on 50mg. The first few days I felt awful but stuck with the medication. I had not felt much relief in my depression and anxiety on 50mg so my psych doc put me on 100mg after two weeks. I am on day 4 taking 100mg sertraline and have already started to notice a difference in my mood. I am less anxious and worry much less at work. I am also beginning to venture out of the house more than I used to. The only side effects I've had on sertraline are mild headache, diarrhea, and decrease in sexual performance.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2013 6:37 PM

Review by Larkspur94 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: When I first started taking it I had a lot of side effects, like nausea, sleepiness, insomnia, muscle twitching, decreased sexual interest, headache, nightmares, need to move legs and others I can't remember but I was desperate to get rid of the anxiety so persisted. Most of the side effects went away after several days. I still have the leg movement and insomnia and but it's manageable. It took about 5 1/2 weeks before I noticed any effect by when I feel happier, like I can't even think in a depressed way, and I can talk to people online with ease. Still panic about the outside with strangers everywhere and conversing one on one is still hard. Nut now after 6 weeks my doctor has put me up from 50mg to 100mg so I'll see how that goes.

December 18, 2013 3:51 PM

Review by Bobo13:

For Panic Disorder: Rgdadad, Your story sounds exactly like mine. I'm currently on 25mg, Day 13 not feeling better yet. I had severe attack last night.

December 17, 2013 5:52 PM

Review by Rgdadad:

For Panic Disorder: This message is for anyone out there right now reading this. I am a 32 year old father of four with a wonderful wife. Good career/nice home. I had no reason to feel depressed/stress/panic/ anxiety however, a few months ago it happened and all started with first panic attack on night of my birthday. I fought doctors advice and tried to only take Xanax as needed all the while the symptoms became worse. After 3 long months I broke down and took my first Zoloft. 2 weeks later I am me again. Going places/eating/enjoying/laughing/living. This is the medicine you need/TAKE IT/don't think about it/TAKE IT. Your life will come back and only memories of panic/anxiety. Your brain is off balance due to stress. You need this medicine to correct it.

295 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2013 1:17 PM

Review by Hopeful Again (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I started Zoloft in July. I never wanted to be on medication this was my last resort. I was a wreck mentally. I was only stable the week after my period, I would get very moody. My moods range from depression to panic attacks and so forth. The first 3 days were the hardest, the medicine seemed to make my symptoms worse than after about day 5 I felt the medicine start to do the opposite effect and I was more at ease. I am completing my fifth month on Zoloft and I am sure glad I started it. I am back to my old self but I'm not zoned out. I still have my real emotions, I'm just not as touchy as I was before Zoloft. I can get through the little things without having a mental breakdown.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2013 4:20 PM

Review by mickey780:

For Depression: Before I started taking Zoloft for depression and anxiety I was also suffering from insomnia. Was taking Ambien and Valium to help but the Ambien was not really helping my insomnia. Maybe get 3 hrs of sleep or 5hrs on a good night. Suffered from panic and anxiety attacks. Went to therapy and after some time Dr Recommended Zoloft. Was hesitant at first but could not live like this anymore so I started taking it about a year ago. Zoloft is the best thing I could have done. The first week or too I had side effects. But soon after depression lifted anxiety gone. I sleep great now.

December 11, 2013 3:42 PM

Review by IndieVisible (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: The first time I tried Zoloft I hated it, made me feel very nauseous. My doctor wanted me to start on 50mg for 5 days and then go to 100mg, I never made it to day 3 on 50mg. SO I decided to try half of a half approximately 25mg and that worked fine! After 5 days I went to 50, then 5 more days 100, no problems! What I noticed that at the end of the first week was I was more at ease. It not only helped my social anxiety but also reduced my general anxiety too stretching out my Xanax for when I really needed it the most. Worth noting I also take Wellbutrin with the Zoloft and while it's not perfect, I am very happy and pleased with this combination.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2013 3:22 AM

Review by kc1234 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Currently on 8th day of 25mg Zoloft. Experiencing Insomina and increased anxiety.

December 4, 2013 3:55 PM

Review by Anndiva (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Zoloft saved my life and my marriage. I am so grateful to the doctor who put me on this 9 weeks ago. A few side effects at start up but that went away in a matter of days and it has been smooth sailing since. Tons of energy, up early, great sleep, and I'm not binge eating. I've even lost 8.5 lbs. I was skeptical at first and hated the fact that I needed medication for anxiety and depression, but I'm really glad I gave it a shot. For now, I will continue on this medication.

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2013 7:30 AM

Review by Alice627 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I went through a bad period of depression after a job loss, and I tried Lexapro first for treating it. The Lexapro made me extremely tired all the time so my doctor switched me to Zoloft. Zoloft ended up being much better for me. The main things it has helped me with are getting back to actively participating in life and being able to be more level-headed in stressful situations. The side effects I have had are reduced libido and slightly reduced appetite. Also, the first week or two after I started and after a dosage increase I had more significant side effects, like being more depressed and anxious than usual and being angry. But once I got through that I started feeling better than I had felt in a long time.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2013 3:02 PM

Review by Jamid076 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: This pill is a miracle for me. I've been taking it for about a month now, and within four days my nagging depression, anxiety and paranoia were almost completely eliminated, which I had not expected at all. My Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has also calmed down significantly since taking it, and my overall demeanor has changed from angry and suspicious all the time, to happy and full of energy.

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2013 8:43 PM

Review by Brxxke (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: It helps a ton for anxiety. :)

November 21, 2013 10:52 PM

Review by Brxxke:

For Panic Disorder: I have been on Sertraline/Zoloft (on different doses at different times for different occasions) for about 6 years now, and it has helped me a tremendous amount. I highly recommend it.

November 21, 2013 10:46 PM

Review by rob1239:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Been on 50mg for 2 days now (started for a week on 25mg) and now that I take the higher dose my mood is a bit better but my social anxiety it loads better, the feeling of making people laugh is amazing when you are not afraid to speak, although maybe not drink on this? I had 3 drinks and became so upset and depressed.

November 19, 2013 8:15 AM

Review by Lauraaa92:

For Depression: I had Social Anxiety, and depression and some OCD thoughts, but on Zoloft after the first day taking it I had a clear mind, and I feel free and in control of my life. Some side effects though mild for me was feeling tired on the first day only, and not being able to fall asleep at night, but overall no side effects over here. But I am only on Day 2.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2013 9:23 AM

Review by goodasnew (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was diagnosed with PMDD and prescribed cyclical Sertraline. I can remember the day I started my period thinking how did that happen without all the stress anger and drama. I aliken it to having gas and air during labour. It just takes the top off the emotion and prevents the explosive outbursts of uncontrollable anger. I honestly thought i just had normal pmt until I saw my doctor, who upon asking me a list of questions, said the only one id replied no to was suicidal thoughts but it probably wouldnt be too long before I got there. Apart from a nasty headache on day 2/3 this drug has literally saved my family life.

November 12, 2013 4:45 AM

Review by Kris Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I highly recommend trying this medicine. I've been suffering with extreme anxiety/ocd for years. Tried lexapro(bad weight gain & didnt feel any different), elavil(did the same as lexapro) and pristiq(made me feel worse). Finally I went to a psychiatrist & he immediately put me on zoloft 25 mg (sertraline) & small dose of xanax (alprazolam). We planned out to slowly iincrease up to 200 mg within a few months. Eventually made it to the max dose 6 months later, along with CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy). I’ve had a few side effects (memory loss, stomach problems) but that's it. I can finally go throughout my days & function. Some days are just crap though, which happens. Changed my life & am so thankful.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2013 1:04 AM

Review by shammy414 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Changed my whole life.

November 10, 2013 2:08 AM

Review by grands (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I am 74 yrs old and have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft once a day for 10 yrs. But I am feeling some depression and my Doc wants to increase to 150 mg per day. I sure hope this works. Also, not sleeping well, only about 4 to 5 hrs each night.

November 5, 2013 5:21 PM