User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 499 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by shammy414 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Changed my whole life.

November 10, 2013 2:08 AM

Review by grands (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I am 74 yrs old and have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft once a day for 10 yrs. But I am feeling some depression and my Doc wants to increase to 150 mg per day. I sure hope this works. Also, not sleeping well, only about 4 to 5 hrs each night.

November 5, 2013 5:21 PM

Review by Sally123456 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on this for 3 days now and on the first day I got severe sharp head aches in the back of my head and didn't feel as hungry as normal, second day I wasn't hungry at all and felt a little sick and today I woke up and almost fainted and my vision was blurry and i had a loud ringing in my ears and almost threw up and I've been dizzy all day and barely eaten. The side effects are horrible, but im going to stick with it to see if it works.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2013 12:02 PM

Review by zoloft4unme (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Zoloft has really helped my life a great deal you never understand how much you needed help until you get treatment and be able to see such a better difference in your live but it all starts with you and yes its a journey but its one worth taking

November 3, 2013 9:43 PM

Review by Marta1010101010:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Zoloft has changed my life. I used to feel like I wanted to stop living. I had anxiety with racing thoughts, feeling short of breath, social anxiety, and obsessive bad thoughts. I no longer feel suicidal and my irritability has gotten 100% better. I still get short of breath sometimes and worry about things but overall just feel so much more even keeled. I waited a month before taking it after getting the prescription because I didn't want to take meds and felt like it was a cop out. I'm so happy I decided to give it a try. I haven't gained weight and don't feel like my emotions are dulled. I feel happier and more hopeful. Strongly recommend.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2013 10:35 AM

Review by Rippedinhalf (taken for less than 1 month):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: After 1 month of losing my girlfriend and her mom in a horrible head on collision and balling my eyes out everyday feeling sooo lost i needed help!! Doctor put me on Zoloft 50mg for the first week to up it to 100mg thereafter... im on day 4 & feel much better already not thinking so much of my loss. The only sides ive felt are slight headache & slight nausea but now i have put down the box of kleenex from crying soooo much & can relax better ...im going to continue to take it cuz the thinking of my loss constantly was nothing less than the worst time of my life .

October 28, 2013 9:57 AM

Review by sashaw:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I am not the same person when I'm off this medication, the difference is nearly night and day. I'm so much happier, I have heaps more confidence, and all in all my life just works better when I'm on it. I only came off it as a trial but I went back on after a month; I don't like the way I am without it I'm irritable, and cry easily and obsess about everything! That has eased up so much and I am generally much happier and more able to get on with my life :)

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2013 10:51 PM

Review by bettermenow (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I've never tried med's because I always assumed I was normal until I was forced by my wife to get help because I couldn't beat this on my own so I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg twice a day and now I feel a lot better.

October 27, 2013 10:04 PM

Review by ahgei (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I'm 20, and on my fifth day on sertraline, and I'm already feeling great! I have generalized anxiety and social anxiety, which had caused me to feel extremely nervous even around close friends and family. I hardly spoke in groups, and people thought that I was just being quiet because I was a quiet person, when really, I was just afraid that my voice would shake and make me look stupid. My first two days on sertraline were a bit tough. I had a presentation which caused me a lot of anxiety, even more than usual (maybe because of the new chemicals in my body). But somehow, my presentation was very successful, and after it was over, I felt so accomplished. Since then I am noticing some fantastic changes. I'm becoming optimistic about my life.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2013 1:00 PM

Review by Framous:

For Depression: I just wanted to say that if you find a medication that works well for you, stay on it! The mistake that I have made and others make far too often is to quit the meds once you feel better. If you feel bad before you find the right med that makes you feel better, then you should keep in mind that it is the med that's working. If it's working, stay on it. If you have been diagnosed. With ADHD or Bipolar, or a combination like many have, it's probably not going away...it's there to stay. I will agree that it sucks being labeled with any mental condition, and I know it's no fun taking meds, especially meds for the head....but if they work, and you need them...stay on them! Life is short, so enjoy it as much as possible!

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2013 3:29 PM

Review by MAMA P (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: i never knew what it meant to be manic until i started taking Zoloft. My OCD got worse and I was so jittery, yet felt so high on life nothing could stop me.

October 23, 2013 6:54 PM

For Panic Disorder: Just like you, I was reading these reviews a few months ago when I finally made the decision to give medication a try. I hope this review helps and gives you comfort. I've been on 50 mg for seven weeks now.Started at 25mg for the first seven days. The first two weeks saw a spike in anxiety just like I figured. But I stayed with it, and I'm so glad I did. I had a pretty intense panic attack the first week, but I noticed something: I didn't stress out about having another one like I usually do. By the third week the panic attacks and panicky feelings were pretty much gone. I've also noticed that my mood has lifted, and I can fall asleep much better at night. This is my first ssri, and I really regret not seeking help sooner

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2013 1:40 PM

Review by Feel more positive (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I'm currently 22 and a college student. I began having panic/anxiety attacks in July 2013. I thought I wasn't going to be able to attend class anymore cause I used to have a hard time sitting still. I felt the need to move around but at the same time I felt fatigued. I used to take L-Theanine, which helped some. I then switched to Zoloft, which is currently working good too. I feel more focused. I don't feel like crying for no reason anymore. I don't feel as angry at everyone anymore. Best of all, no apparent jitters--which was the main problem I was aiming at to get rid off. Thanks Zoloft. Now I can get back to focusing on my school work.

October 17, 2013 6:02 PM

Review by Heismighty1970 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: It was prescribed for anxiety & post traumatic stress. It helped with that in addition to my mood. I am set at 150mg. When I first started off, it was 25mg, the first few days were a challenge. But I got over the hump. Now I'm planning to get off of it. I don't want to be dependant on this medicine too long.

October 14, 2013 12:29 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: This worked for me better than: Effexor, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, and Lexapro. The only drawback is it made me gain about 25 lbs when the doctors assured me many people lose weight while taking it. Also it made my muscles a bit tense for the first few weeks, felt the need to clench my jaw and flex my ankles, but that got better as time went on. Definitely the best mood elevator. Also changed my sleeping pattern, I would wake up really early feeling ready to go which was nice, no urge to sleep in, but drawback was sometimes I had trouble sleeping through the night.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2013 12:56 AM

Review by IrishToo:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: My husband died tragically. The grief of losing him was compounded by the events surrounding the suicide. I was overwhelmed with sorrow and despair. Was sobbing throughout the day, felt hopeless. Counselor and doctor felt I was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. It's a miracle for me. Somehow it helps me bypass those debilitating thoughts. My mind doesn't go there unless I choose to. My feelings were like quicksand, pulling and keeping me down. I have periods of sadness over the loss but they are much less frequent and shorter duration. I thank God for it.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2013 10:46 AM

Review by jlp46:

For Depression: I have tried to battle my way through significant anxiety at work, and an increase in depressive symptoms for several years. I came to the decision that I was unable to keep the momentum of fighting by myself and saw my GP. This took a lot of courage and fighting feelings of failure as although I work in the Mental health field and recommend this type of medication for clients I was not transferring this to myself. I have taken for 5 weeks with very positive results in terms of mood and anxiety levels gradually improving, it's not perfect but I wouldn't expect that. I am taking 50mg daily. Side effects have been increased insomnia, but without so much anxiety, so it's bearable. I will continue to take for a considerable period.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2013 10:43 AM

Review by Thumbs up:

For Dysthymia: I've been having depressed feelings with anxiety on/off for over 2 years, due to death in the family, pet dying, I retired and was bored and attempted many futile attempts finding a girlfriend. It all piled up and not sure whether the depression started first or the anxiety but it ramped up on me and made me feel sad, anxious, socially inept, lacked interest in doing things I typically enjoyed, all the typical stuff except it led me to the ER one Sunday night because I was feeling suicidal. It's very frightening at 57 to not be in control. I quickly met with a psychiatrist and she prescribed me Zoloft, 25mg to start, increased to 50mg after the first week, and have been at 75mg now for the past 2 weeks and feel so much better.

September 26, 2013 3:01 AM

Review by hootan (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Only thing is sexual dysfunction as side effect is terrible.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2013 8:01 AM

Review by MikeSlingbladeMike:

For Depression: I was prescribed Zoloft because of sleeplessness, anxiety and stress related to marital issues. It helped me with sleeping and seemed to lower my anxiety and stress (my marital situation improved at the same time, so hard to say if Zoloft or my situation helped lower those). I had to stop the medicine after a month because of severe side effects, including suicidal thoughts, weight loss, generally feeling flat all of the time, and mild headaches.

September 19, 2013 11:26 AM

Review by LindzA (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: It was crazy how much Zoloft really helped me with anxiety & depression. I did stop taking it though because I began to realize after being on it for about 6 months that I felt like I didn't have feelings anymore about anything. That scared me, so I quit taking it. Now that I've been off of Zoloft for a month and a half, I'm really struggling with anxiety at work again so I do plan to get back on it.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2013 8:23 PM

Review by Fi86 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: For most of my life I have felt something was wrong. Recently my anxiety began to feel worse than usual so I went to a new doctor. He prescribed me Sertraline. For the first week I felt anxiety and headaches, just quite 'wired'. I was worried I was going to damage my brain and the meds wouldn't work but then suddenly I felt 'fixed'! I am so relaxed now. I don't feel like I'm going mad from anxiety anymore! This is how I should have always felt. Glad I've sorted this out in my twenties. I wish I'd been prescribed this medication sooner!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Review by zoloman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Been taking 100mg of Zoloft for about 5 weeks now to treat depression and general anxiety with what also may be a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder. I have to say the results were better than expected. I may have experienced a placebo effect within the first week when things seemed magically better but by the second week the anxiety and depression hit again. By weeks and 3 & 4 it began leveling off and I now feel more balanced emotionally. My mind isn't spending time fixating on things outside of my control and things have been looking up even though my personal situation has not improved all that much.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2013 3:15 PM

Review by jaybee1:

For Depression: I have been taking Zoloft for 8 weeks and the result has been amazing. The beginning was rocky with nausea, heavy head and fatigue, but it gets better. I am more confident, better at my job, I enjoy socializing far more, my relationship is saved and I generally feel more balanced. I have had anxiety since childhood and struck depression in late teens, am now 27. Not sure how long I will or should take Zoloft, but I am hugely relieved.

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2013 7:19 AM

Review by brosie:

For Depression: I have major depression several years, it is worse lately with suicidal thoughts. I started out on 25 mg for four weeks saw little difference other than typical side effects. The fatigue was overwhelming for 10 days but got better after two weeks. Upped dose to 50mg bad anxiety and trembling inside for about six weeks but now am happy to say I'm much better no trembling, sometimes anxious but the sertraline has definitely been worth it. I'm still not sleeping as well as I would like, waking up three times a night and getting up at four a.m. wide awake. To all of you who are just starting on it hang in there, it will get better.

August 31, 2013 12:57 AM