User Reviews for Zoloft

Postpartum Depression 6 reviews 7 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 488 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder: Just like you, I was reading these reviews a few months ago when I finally made the decision to give medication a try. I hope this review helps and gives you comfort. I've been on 50 mg for seven weeks now.Started at 25mg for the first seven days. The first two weeks saw a spike in anxiety just like I figured. But I stayed with it, and I'm so glad I did. I had a pretty intense panic attack the first week, but I noticed something: I didn't stress out about having another one like I usually do. By the third week the panic attacks and panicky feelings were pretty much gone. I've also noticed that my mood has lifted, and I can fall asleep much better at night. This is my first ssri, and I really regret not seeking help sooner

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2013 1:40 PM

Review by Feel more positive (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I'm currently 22 and a college student. I began having panic/anxiety attacks in July 2013. I thought I wasn't going to be able to attend class anymore cause I used to have a hard time sitting still. I felt the need to move around but at the same time I felt fatigued. I used to take L-Theanine, which helped some. I then switched to Zoloft, which is currently working good too. I feel more focused. I don't feel like crying for no reason anymore. I don't feel as angry at everyone anymore. Best of all, no apparent jitters--which was the main problem I was aiming at to get rid off. Thanks Zoloft. Now I can get back to focusing on my school work.

October 17, 2013 6:02 PM

Review by Heismighty1970 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: It was prescribed for anxiety & post traumatic stress. It helped with that in addition to my mood. I am set at 150mg. When I first started off, it was 25mg, the first few days were a challenge. But I got over the hump. Now I'm planning to get off of it. I don't want to be dependant on this medicine too long.

October 14, 2013 12:29 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: This worked for me better than: Effexor, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, and Lexapro. The only drawback is it made me gain about 25 lbs when the doctors assured me many people lose weight while taking it. Also it made my muscles a bit tense for the first few weeks, felt the need to clench my jaw and flex my ankles, but that got better as time went on. Definitely the best mood elevator. Also changed my sleeping pattern, I would wake up really early feeling ready to go which was nice, no urge to sleep in, but drawback was sometimes I had trouble sleeping through the night.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2013 12:56 AM

Review by IrishToo:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: My husband died tragically. The grief of losing him was compounded by the events surrounding the suicide. I was overwhelmed with sorrow and despair. Was sobbing throughout the day, felt hopeless. Counselor and doctor felt I was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. It's a miracle for me. Somehow it helps me bypass those debilitating thoughts. My mind doesn't go there unless I choose to. My feelings were like quicksand, pulling and keeping me down. I have periods of sadness over the loss but they are much less frequent and shorter duration. I thank God for it.

October 7, 2013 10:46 AM

Review by jlp46:

For Depression: I have tried to battle my way through significant anxiety at work, and an increase in depressive symptoms for several years. I came to the decision that I was unable to keep the momentum of fighting by myself and saw my GP. This took a lot of courage and fighting feelings of failure as although I work in the Mental health field and recommend this type of medication for clients I was not transferring this to myself. I have taken for 5 weeks with very positive results in terms of mood and anxiety levels gradually improving, it's not perfect but I wouldn't expect that. I am taking 50mg daily. Side effects have been increased insomnia, but without so much anxiety, so it's bearable. I will continue to take for a considerable period.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2013 10:43 AM

Review by Thumbs up:

For Dysthymia: I've been having depressed feelings with anxiety on/off for over 2 years, due to death in the family, pet dying, I retired and was bored and attempted many futile attempts finding a girlfriend. It all piled up and not sure whether the depression started first or the anxiety but it ramped up on me and made me feel sad, anxious, socially inept, lacked interest in doing things I typically enjoyed, all the typical stuff except it led me to the ER one Sunday night because I was feeling suicidal. It's very frightening at 57 to not be in control. I quickly met with a psychiatrist and she prescribed me Zoloft, 25mg to start, increased to 50mg after the first week, and have been at 75mg now for the past 2 weeks and feel so much better.

September 26, 2013 3:01 AM

Review by hootan (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Only thing is sexual dysfunction as side effect is terrible.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2013 8:01 AM

Review by MikeSlingbladeMike:

For Depression: I was prescribed Zoloft because of sleeplessness, anxiety and stress related to marital issues. It helped me with sleeping and seemed to lower my anxiety and stress (my marital situation improved at the same time, so hard to say if Zoloft or my situation helped lower those). I had to stop the medicine after a month because of severe side effects, including suicidal thoughts, weight loss, generally feeling flat all of the time, and mild headaches.

September 19, 2013 11:26 AM

Review by LindzA (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: It was crazy how much Zoloft really helped me with anxiety & depression. I did stop taking it though because I began to realize after being on it for about 6 months that I felt like I didn't have feelings anymore about anything. That scared me, so I quit taking it. Now that I've been off of Zoloft for a month and a half, I'm really struggling with anxiety at work again so I do plan to get back on it.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2013 8:23 PM

Review by Fi86 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: For most of my life I have felt something was wrong. Recently my anxiety began to feel worse than usual so I went to a new doctor. He prescribed me Sertraline. For the first week I felt anxiety and headaches, just quite 'wired'. I was worried I was going to damage my brain and the meds wouldn't work but then suddenly I felt 'fixed'! I am so relaxed now. I don't feel like I'm going mad from anxiety anymore! This is how I should have always felt. Glad I've sorted this out in my twenties. I wish I'd been prescribed this medication sooner!

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Review by zoloman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Been taking 100mg of Zoloft for about 5 weeks now to treat depression and general anxiety with what also may be a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder. I have to say the results were better than expected. I may have experienced a placebo effect within the first week when things seemed magically better but by the second week the anxiety and depression hit again. By weeks and 3 & 4 it began leveling off and I now feel more balanced emotionally. My mind isn't spending time fixating on things outside of my control and things have been looking up even though my personal situation has not improved all that much.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2013 3:15 PM

Review by jaybee1:

For Depression: I have been taking Zoloft for 8 weeks and the result has been amazing. The beginning was rocky with nausea, heavy head and fatigue, but it gets better. I am more confident, better at my job, I enjoy socializing far more, my relationship is saved and I generally feel more balanced. I have had anxiety since childhood and struck depression in late teens, am now 27. Not sure how long I will or should take Zoloft, but I am hugely relieved.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2013 7:19 AM

Review by brosie:

For Depression: I have major depression several years, it is worse lately with suicidal thoughts. I started out on 25 mg for four weeks saw little difference other than typical side effects. The fatigue was overwhelming for 10 days but got better after two weeks. Upped dose to 50mg bad anxiety and trembling inside for about six weeks but now am happy to say I'm much better no trembling, sometimes anxious but the sertraline has definitely been worth it. I'm still not sleeping as well as I would like, waking up three times a night and getting up at four a.m. wide awake. To all of you who are just starting on it hang in there, it will get better.

August 31, 2013 12:57 AM

Review by bettyboooooooo:

For Panic Disorder: I had panic attacks most of my adult life, was afraid of taking pills. I was taking Ativan for my condition, in order for my doctor to get me off the Ativan I was prescribe Zoloft, I took this medication for about six months along with a half Ativan. I started feeling normal in about 3 weeks, after about six months I stopped taking both of them and felt great for a whole year until something happened to cause me much anxiety again. I am back on the Ativan for the last 5 months, just filled the prescription for Zoloft again, hoping it does what is did before. Don't like taking meds but it worked a miracle for me.

August 30, 2013 2:54 AM

Review by MMH0716 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: 31 year old Female. I was on Zoloft for 4-5 years in college and then tapered off. After being off it for 5 years or so, my daily anxiety gradually started creeping back into my life until I reached a point last year where I would have horrible panic attacks everyday. I've been on 75 MG a day for the past 7 months and I feel better than I have in years! It took a while to find the correct dosage for me, but once I have it's been amazing. Along with the Zoloft I also take 15 MG Buspar daily and Lorazepam as needed.

August 29, 2013 9:55 PM

Review by babysmith (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I am 15. I have been on Zoloft (25 mg) for over a month now. I was prescribed through my gastroenterologist for social anxiety and generalized anxiety which was causing ongoing digestive trouble. I have suffered through severe anxiety disorders and depression for most of my life. Since the first pill, I have cried only once. My overwhelming loneliness and hopelessness has gone away also. I haven't had any side effects that I've noticed. The only downside to this medicine is that it hasn't worked well for me in social situations when I am nervous. It does not prevent me from shaking, turning red, tensing up, etc. It might be necessary for me to move up to 50 mg, but that isn't urgent as of right now. I would recommend.

August 29, 2013 1:28 AM

Review by heather729:

For Panic Disorder: I was experiencing severe anxiety and panic. I could barely leave my house and everyday activities seemed impossible. I would get dizzy, pounding heart, the works! Also, I couldn't sit still anymore! I could not sit in class, dinners, or even just with friends. My doctor prescribed Zoloft 25mg, a typically low dosage, after an unsuccessful attempt with Lexapro. I have been on Zoloft 25mg for six weeks now and I'm doing tremendously better. The first two weeks or so I experienced minimal, tolerable side effects like foggy feeling the first day, heighten anxiety and restlessness, but nothing too bad. Now I feel great! I can sit for longer periods, little to no obsessive thoughts and am pretty much panic free! I love Zoloft!

August 27, 2013 4:06 AM

Review by Gerge101 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Ignore all negative comments, it stopped me from taking this medicine for two years. I was unable to work, drive, fly, function. Panic attacks, exhausted all my life. Sporty, lived for exercise, tried CBT. Am pill phobic. My life was a mess so I worked with a great doc starting very slowly and here I am 6 months later and I'm a new person. No panic, mild anxiety every now and then like normal people but I'm manageable. Please do it. It's a wonderful medicine, no side effects and it'll change your life. Start living.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2013 4:04 AM

Review by George101:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Have struggled all my life with anxiety, worked out 7 days a week to try and control it. Panic attacks- just horrible- no lifts, no planes, no tunnels. Tried CBT, finally I thought I don't want to live this way anymore. Pill phobic, but finally I tried it, a quarter of a tablet for two weeks, then half again, for two weeks. What can I say? It had changed my life completely. I love it. I feel normal! No side effects. It took three months but felt better within weeks. All of you out there undecided, unsure, afraid of what you've read- please do yourself a favour and try it- be positive about it, open and give it a go- you won't regret it. I can fly, drive, amazing.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2013 3:58 AM

Review by halfpint3730 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder along with Gemeralized Anxiety Disorder. Zoloft did help me for a while, but over time I noticed weight gain, emotional numbness, night sweats, and just general laziness. I didn't care for nothing! After much research I discovered that all anti-anxiety meds begin to lose their effect over time. But it did help me for the first 4yrs I took it.

August 20, 2013 11:20 AM

Review by Robert12:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I've been on Zoloft for 3 months now and I've got to say its been pretty good. I am on 50mg a day and sometimes I skip because I'm not so worried anymore. Really has helped out a lot. I'm making friends.

August 20, 2013 3:08 AM

Review by JimMbama:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I went years without getting help until about 8 months ago when I finally broke down, saw a doctor, and was prescribed Zoloft. This pill has given me my life back. I was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, specifically intrusive/disturbing thoughts and obsessions. This disorder occupied all of my time and energy, to the point where life was unbearable and hopeless. About two weeks after starting Zoloft there were noticeable improvements. After 6 weeks, I was a different person. Anxiety-0, OCD, still there but more of a minor in convenience than life consuming. Side effects were typical at first: nausea, diarrhea, lightheaded, and insomnia. All of which subsided after a few weeks. I highly recommend that if you diagnosed, ask for Zoloft.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2013 8:32 AM

Review by dii (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been on Zoloft for 3 months now. I started out with 50mg and raised the dosage gradually until I got to 150 mg now. My whole life I had this constant feeling of sadness, I was always a basket case of flooding emotions but I guess what made it all worse was when I found out my boyfriend was constantly cheating. Zoloft has improved my life tremendously. I now feel more emotionally stable than ever.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2013 4:06 PM

Review by Giia (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Over the last couple of years, all of the stress from moving far away from my family and having a stressful job got to me. I started to experience panic and anxiety every now and again, to a build up of where I couldn't function or leave the house. I was first put on Lexapro, and I had a terrible experience and thought I was going to die. I finally made it back home to my old family doctor who decided to to try me on Zoloft, first at 25mg for a week and then 50 mg. The first 3-4 weeks I noticed absolutely no change, and was taking Klonopin and anti-nausea meds to survive. Then about 5 weeks in I noticed a profound difference. I was my normal self! I could go out in public, function, and fight off the panic/anxiety. So happy now!

August 13, 2013 11:39 PM