User Reviews for Zoloft

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zoloft reviews 465 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by dii (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been on Zoloft for 3 months now. I started out with 50mg and raised the dosage gradually until I got to 150 mg now. My whole life I had this constant feeling of sadness, I was always a basket case of flooding emotions but I guess what made it all worse was when I found out my boyfriend was constantly cheating. Zoloft has improved my life tremendously. I now feel more emotionally stable than ever.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 16, 2013 4:06 PM
Review by Giia (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Over the last couple of years, all of the stress from moving far away from my family and having a stressful job got to me. I started to experience panic and anxiety every now and again, to a build up of where I couldn't function or leave the house. I was first put on Lexapro, and I had a terrible experience and thought I was going to die. I finally made it back home to my old family doctor who decided to to try me on Zoloft, first at 25mg for a week and then 50 mg. The first 3-4 weeks I noticed absolutely no change, and was taking Klonopin and anti-nausea meds to survive. Then about 5 weeks in I noticed a profound difference. I was my normal self! I could go out in public, function, and fight off the panic/anxiety. So happy now!

August 13, 2013 11:39 PM
Review by Jenevans (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have struggled with obsessive compulsive disorder since I was 6 years old hiding it from family and friends because I had no idea what was going on when I was little. I then got so stressed I had shooting pain through my whole body and went on Cymbalta for 6 months then got off of it and was back to normal with no pain, just OCD. I then got sick with vomiting, couldn't eat, felt scared to be alone. My doctor told me it was anxiety. He gave Zoloft 25 mg and stared me on it really slow. I am on 50mg and a half once a day and I am back to normal....no vomiting or no bad thoughts. I still have some bad moments of OCD but they don't last long. I have recommend this to people! I am 26 years old and finally can enjoy my life.

August 13, 2013 10:20 AM
Review by Kasey1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I am female and was 16 when I was prescribed Zoloft for my then undiagnosed bipolar disorder 2. Because I am bipolar I didn't find Zoloft helpful but one side effect I had was terrible nose bleeds.

August 13, 2013 10:10 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: It has been quite a change for the better. I've been suffering from panic attacks and really bad anxiety since 16, now 21 and finally broke down, had enough, went to the doc and he put me on sertraline. Been on it for almost 3 months and it has made a huge difference. I feel happier around my coworkers and around people. I haven't felt weird and uncomfortable or had any bad panic attacks. I'm on 25mg and feel in control of my life. I'm finally feeling normal thanks to this medicine so far. I'll stick with this dose for awhile and see how it goes. Side effects very little like shaky when I wake up. But I love it so far.

August 12, 2013 11:28 PM
Review by someguyincanada: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Made me nervous and fidgety. Took it for depression but it increased my anxiety. Then they diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and took me off this.

August 9, 2013 10:11 AM
Review by TheLawStudent: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have struggled with depression and obsessive compulsive disorder since I was 11 years old. I'm now 21, and this is the second time that I have taken Zoloft. It has worked wonders for my obsessive and anxiety ridden nature. Originally during my trial and error phase of trying medications, I stopped taking Zoloft at one point because I experienced the numbness and headaches, etc, that are typical of SSRIs. However, after finding that no other medicines (including other SSRI's, antipsychotics, and even anti-seizure medications) reacted as well to dull my OCD, I resumed Zoloft to give it a second shot. I could not be happier with its results so far. I would recommend this to absolutely anybody who had difficulty with OCD or depression. It has saved my life.

August 8, 2013 4:04 PM
Review by heidibsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: My depression is clinical but was triggered this time by traumatic events in my family including my father's diagnosis of brain cancer. Zoloft has worked for me in the past so I decided to try it again. The difference is almost immediate and the only side effects are some fatigue. I take 100 mg once daily (I weigh 118 lbs). I also suffer from Panic disorder which had gone into remission but reared its ugly head when my depression re-emerged. I take Klonopon twice daily. I have not had a panic attack since starting both of these medicines, and other than feeling a little tired, I am coping with life again.

August 4, 2013 11:04 PM
Review by Monk1031 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I started taking Zoloft October of 2011. Although it has helped me tremendously with anxiety, depression, and severe mood swings. It makes me very tired and withdrawn. And I've gained 20 lbs since October 2011! I haven't seen a lot of reviews with this type of side effect for Zoloft, but I know I'm not over eating to that degree. 3lbs I gained since my Dr visit last week. My Dr lowered the dosage by 1/2. But needless to say the weight gain is more depressing then anything.

August 1, 2013 8:44 AM
Review by Andy437: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have struggled with panic disorder off and on for 11 years. I was previously on Lexapro but built up a tolerance after 4 months so I switched to Zoloft. After week four I am FINALLY getting some relief from the anxiety. Started on 12.5mg due to sensitivity to SSRI'S. The reason Zoloft does not get a 10 is because of terrible side effects: increase in depression and anxiety, nervousness, de-realization and insomnia. I could care less about my sex drive right now. Word to the wise: BE PATIENT, IT WILL GET BETTER.

July 27, 2013 10:54 PM
Review by teilo (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: After changing jobs I was feeling depressed and was having anxiety attacks. Although Zoloft worked, and the first day or so were fine, I experienced intense prolonged anxiety in the remaining days of the first week. There were a couple of days there when it was relentless and extremely difficult to deal with. I'm on day 6 now and it seems to have passed. I get the odd pang but it goes away reasonably quickly. I feel calmer and more relaxed. Much less likely to react to little things. I do feel like my sex drive has dropped and it is harder to orgasm. I have a slight dizzy feeling that's manageable (I hope it goes away). I also commonly have a dry mouth. Lost my appetite. Haven't felt like exercising. Only 1 week in.

July 24, 2013 12:17 AM
Review by Gianna91: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: After 1 week of taking Zoloft, I became depressed and had uncontrollable suicidal ideation. Never experienced anything like it. Went to ER 3 times in 2 days to protect myself. I couldn't shake the horrible urge until about 3-4 days off the medicine. I told my psych on the 4th day and she said that sometimes happens to people under 25?

July 23, 2013 9:00 PM
Review by new life 88: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been taking Zoloft for about 3 months. I've felt very little side effects, all of which I did experience was tiredness but other than that I went from a emotionless zombie to feeling great all day long.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 21, 2013 3:07 PM
Review by 4K: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I am male, 53 years old, & have been on Zoloft (Sertraline) 75mg for 1 year. My problem was with anxiety & I became very sick. I first tried Celexa & I felt worse. After 3 weeks I switched to Zoloft & quickly noticed an improvement. It took about 3 to 4 weeks for Zoloft to start working effectively. By the 3rd month I felt even better & any side effects stopped - they are: trouble sleeping & I took Ativan to relax me and fall asleep, and after 3 months my sleep returned to normal; as for sex, maybe slightly longer to orgasm but no sexual dysfunction. As for alcohol, I still drink & feel fine; there was sweating but this went away. Zoloft works, good luck!

July 19, 2013 3:10 PM
Review by claireabelle (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 yrs ago after years of suffering and take Lamictal and Seroquel but when Zoloft was added I haven't looked back. It has saved my marriage I had uncontrollable jealousy negative and suicidal thoughts social anxiety and panic attacks. Now I stand at the school yard socialize and have started going out with my husband again. Have put some weight on but compared to how I felt it is worth it.

July 15, 2013 7:04 PM
Review by HappyPatty (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft for about 6 years for depression. Coincidentally, I also have had post traumatic stress disorder for about 8 years due to a severe medical emergency (53 days in hospital, surgeries, etc.). I have not had any post traumatic stress disorder episodes in months, thought I was better. I just went off the Zoloft (WoHoo!), but just had a TERRIBLE PTSD episode. I had no idea Zoloft was helping with PTSD. I can't afford to have crying/screaming bouts while sitting at my desk. Back on Zoloft I go.

July 15, 2013 1:46 PM
Review by Anna romaine.:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I'm on Zoloft and Abilify, not sure what milligrams but I recently stopped my Zoloft and so far I've been experiencing extreme paranoia and terrible nightmares. Also while I was on Zoloft I felt numb and sat down one day and discovered I couldn't write songs/poetry/stories anymore. When I used to be fairly good at it. It did, however, help with depression and anxiety but not my obsessive compulsive disorder.

July 11, 2013 1:58 AM
Review by Anxiety, depression.: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been taking Zoloft for 8 years. It has created stability in my life. Prior to taking medication I always felt off...anxious, depressed, emotional, dwelling of things and this interfered with the quality of my life as well as affected my relationship and professional life. I take 50mg and I feel even keeled and normal instead of a basket case of emotion. Nobody would ever know I'm taking a medication and I'm often complimented on my temperament. I feel neutral, in control of my feelings and everything is within normal range. If you are overly emotional, anxious, feel off balance and have difficulty feeling consistent in your life...this could help. I feel content and normal now.

225 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 10, 2013 10:11 PM
Review by Logan Thrasher (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Zoloft has saved my life. I have been on Zoloft 200 mg for 7 months and the results have been amazing. I suffered from severe OCD, anxiety, and mind racing. Zoloft and Abilify 5 mg have completely eliminated my symptoms. I can now live and enjoy my life thanks to Zoloft 200 mg and Abilify 5 mg.

July 4, 2013 12:27 PM
Review by BorderGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have been going through some really tough times, job loss and a terminally ill partner and I have been experiencing a lot of anxiety as a result. My Dr prescribed Zoloft. If anything Zoloft made things worse, I tried sticking it out for three months but the ongoing nausea, increased anxiety, jaw clenching, restless legs and insomnia were just too much to cope with along with everything else. It also numbed me and made me very indifferent to things. To cut a long story short I stopped after three months and have changed to Citalopram. Citalopram has lifted my mood without all of the side effects I experienced on Zoloft.

July 4, 2013 12:30 AM
Review by lollmer (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Best method to cure panic forever.

June 27, 2013 9:13 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I am a 44 year old women, I have had anxiety attacks since I was 30 but didn't know what it was. A year ago I started having panic attacks, I would wake up with them I thought I was going to die. I went to the E.R about three times everything was fine. I was depressed, paranoid, scared to drive, had every panic symptom, went to the doctor and couldn't stop crying. Thank God they knew what to do. I was put on some medicines at first that made me sicker then having a panic attack. It was horrible I then was put on Zoloft. I started on 25mg and work up to 150mg I slowly started feeling better besides not eating and sleeping but I am now feeling like myself and haven't had any panic attacks, minor side effects but I feel so much better thanks to the Zoloft.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 21, 2013 1:25 AM
Review by TheGingerLover19 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: This is the best medicine that I've ever been on for depression. I still have some symptoms but I've seen a huge improvement in my happiness and social life since I started taking it.

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 20, 2013 12:39 AM
Review by LuckyMe03: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have been on Zoloft for the past two months now, and last week went up to 100 mg from 50mg. No real great dramatic feelings of elation and euphoria. I would honestly say though that it has diminished my depression quite a bit, and I am not quite as troubled by my regrets, which really bring me down as well as the living situation I am in now. I have been struggling with suicidal thoughts for the last six months and go back and forth between wanting to just end my existence, to realizing I don't want to end my life; I just want a higher quality of life.

June 10, 2013 9:26 PM
Review by Lizzi T: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Made me mood swingy, fuzzy headed, increased irrational thought patterns, impaired short term memory, permanently damaged recall memory. It helped numb me, but it was almost impossible to be happy on it.

June 5, 2013 6:54 AM