User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 16 reviews 47 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 806 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Insomnia: "I've been taking seroquel for 8 years. Yes it puts you to sleep. Yes it makes you dumber. Yes it makes your body hurt. It changes your body so much. I can't sleep without it but I wish I'd never started on psych meds. I now have chemical dependencies on the medication and problems that I can't fix and doctors don't want to help with because they're just side effects of the medications. Be strong. Learn to stand on your own especially if you're in your teens or twenties. Doctors and drug companies do not have your best interest in mind. They want you to be slave to their services and products. I have migraines 3 or 4 times a week for the last 6 years and the doctors tell me is because I smoke cigarettes. BS"

J Texas (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 22, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was really scared about taking quetiapine as I had read all the horror stories, particularly around weight gain. Firstly, I would say everyone is different and this may work for you. For me it has been a godsend. I haven't felt this good ....ever....it has made such a difference to my life. Far better than any antidepressants for bipolar depression. As far as weight gain is concerned, before taking quetiapine (75 mg) I was binge eating 3 days out of 5. This has stopped entirely, I have no desire to binge eat...like flicking a switch. So my advice is to try it remember 77% of patients don't gain weight on this drug. Btw I am also on lamictal 200mg. (I felt more hungry on mirtazapine)"

LauraHol (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been taking quetiapine for a few years it worked fine at first. However now I have to take it 6 hours at least ahead of when I want to go to bed. I take 150 mg a day and I still have problems sleeping."

Catbake May 20, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This was the worst I wouldn't give this to my dog. I was given this to treat Bipolar II when I was 22. It screwed with my sugar system, kept me near comatose and gave me tics that thankfully went away when I stopped taking it. I would never take this again."

Ottto May 18, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "It's a very useful drug for Bi-Polar Disorder, but it can make you very drowsy and fatigued; also, it affects your concentration and speed of doing things"

Ady Miles (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2016

For Schizophrenia: "I experience depression, anxiety and schizophrenic/general psychotic symptoms and have found even an incredibly low dosage of this to be incredibly helpful, especially in lessening voices. However, it does make me stupidly tired and gives me bad migraines upon waking up in the morning."

Maisyy May 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "I take half of a 50Mg and it helps a LOT. I use it to get off of Zolpidem 5mg. I feel very "hungover" in the mornings though. I could easily sleep 12 hours on it."

MarcR (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed with Bipolar II when I was 15 years old and have used only cannabis since then to deal with it, but after years of cannabis abuse my symptoms started to become uncontrollable, I needed to smoke 2-3 grams of weed a day just to stay physically calm, and even then I had a lot of internal anxiety and no motivation. I could never quit smoking because if I did I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't sit still, and couldn't feel any joy. I would always relapse if I quit. I started Seroquel a week ago, and haven't had any weed since: I can eat normally, sleep 6-7 hours a night, and feel relatively happy. Plus I have literally no side effects as far as I can tell. I haven't felt this good in years; It's all uphill from here!"

Wizardrous (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

For Insomnia: "Been having sleep issues for years. Tried Seroquel/Quetiapine some years ago... but at too high a dose. Was a 'zombie' for hours after waking. Now I take 25 mg or 50mg (depends on how tired I am) and am getting good sleep but w/ VERY vivid remember-able dreams. Seems like a good trade off. Am curious if it has long term effects.... anyone?"

ArtEMouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I've been on just about every antidepressant on the market and my doctor and I decided to try adjunct therapy with Seroquel to "boost" the effect of the Brintellix I take. I was really pleased to find it has a significant effect on my anxiety, which has always been a major component of my depression. While it didn't get rid of my depression, I feel better overall than I have in ages. Downsides? It's expensive if you don't have good insurance. I get a 90-day supply for $80. It also will knock you the heck out. I have to take mine before 6 p.m. or I will have great difficulty in waking up (even with an alarm). It has a heavy sedating effect."

garybooberry (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I began taking Seroquel 100mg 3 nights ago, it has helped alot. I have been suffering for 20+ years and didn't know I was bpd. At first I was diagnosed E.H. (emotionally handicap) when I was 12, then when I was 30 Dr. Said I had Alcohol induced Psychosis. Now Im 38 and I have BPD. The emotional roller coaster in my brain sucks. I go from Suicidal thoughts to smiling and shaking hands and Pleasant conversation. Mostly Im depressed, I have paranoid thoughts as well. Seroquel has calm that down alot. I slept great the first night then woke up 4x next night last night about 4x as well. I don't feel any emotion. Everything is slow and I have stop talkinh to myself , with a few words here and there. I hope I get better."

Bpd Manager (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Pleased with this medication. I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 two years ago at age 48. Started on lamotrigine (300 mg) and buproprion XL (150 mg) taken in the morning, which worked well, but didn't calm the incessant negative and depressing thoughts I was still battling. Seroquel was added recently. I take 300 mg at bedtime. Great sleep medication! This is the best, most effective medicine I've ever used if I need to get to sleep early in order to wake up early in the morning for work. I exercise on my elliptical on average 5 days a week, and haven't experienced any weight gain since taking Seroquel, gratefully. I think weight gain would be less of an issue if more bipolar people committed to exercising on a regular basis."

J Money (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I used to be always in a hurry always so anxious and had horrible mood swings. I didnt realize it was getting worse until suicide came into play and my bf broke it off and called the cops. i was freed but the following days I did not eat or sleep and was constantly agonized by thoughts and feelings and cried oceans. I turned myself in at the hospital (3 days ago) and have been put on sequorel (retard). I must say the thoughts are still there but its not as agonizing. My body is relaxed and I feel like I can breathe again and enjoy the small things in life. Im still hoping my bf will come back...that obsession remains. I sleep well...I've started dreaming again. Nice dreams mostly. I like this drug but am a bit worried about the side effects"

icanhandlebpd (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "So I started this yesterday after being on trazadone that wasn't working anymore, I'm on it for ptsd and chronic aniexty. I took my first one last night and it took about 10 mins to fall asleep, I am on 150mg I woke up today and I have never felt so terrible, I felt like a zombie, I could barely string a sentence together. The day went on and I was still feeling terrible with dizzy spells, then I had a major hot flush felt violently sick and could barely stand, I decided to lie day, after what felt like a few seconds I passed out, and was having extremely vivd dreams (very creepy) I woke up a few hours later and felt slightly better, I know it takes a while to get used to them, but I wasn't expecting that, hopefully tommorow won't be as bad"

MLeigh May 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "I am in my late 40's and struggled with insomnia for years. Got by with Zopiclone for a long time but it started to become ineffective. Finally, after many fears about side effects, I tried quetiapine. I have gradually increased to 50 mg at night which seems to be the optimal dosage and I have been sleeping very well and feeling much better. Main side effect is dry mouth so I have to be mindful of dental care. No increase in appetite or sweet cravings which I feared. It is worth trying if you are really struggling. Very happy with this medication."

Discochic May 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "This is the only med that actually helps me sleep. I've tried melatonin, zopiclone, lorazepam and temazepam, as well as every natural remedy I could get my hands on and then my doctor suggested trying quetiapine. I take 25mg about an hour before going to sleep and usually by the time I climb into bed I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm also taking bupropion (which is technically contraindicated with quetiapine) which may be why I feel so sedated on such a low dose. The only downside is that I don't fully wake up from it until I've been physically awake for at least an hour and it makes me really thirsty but that's a small price to pay for getting a good sleep after struggling for years."

georgiaedwards (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "I find I get four hours sleep. That is it. And i take 1500mg at night! still does nothing"

Mooflue April 30, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been on sroquel for one month. Have gained 9 lbs. otherwise good drug."

Sheila d Eddy April 30, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have started to take 200 mg in July 2015. I have gained weight to much , nearly 20 kg. I have taken 100 mg in December 2015 and now I have been taking 50 mg. I want to quit Seroquel. Because I feel like zombie . I sleep very well but I can't get up early and I often go to work too late. During the day I feel tired and asleep. For mind and brain is good but damages of Seroquel is more than benefits of it , I think. It does addiction . I want to quit it or I want to take 25 mg any more."

6495nabas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm a 24 year old female and I started on Quetiapine approx 2 months ago for my anxiety. (x4 25mg tablets throughout the day or when required) I also have pretty bad ADHD aswell as OCD which was only recently diagnosed (I thought those were just personality traits of a Gemini but now it's pretty obvious it runs in the family hehe) It has been pretty good so far but from day one it has just made me eat eat eat. A tablet version of THC in my opinion. I can not control the hunger which is hard as I'm very into my fitness (eg half a cheesecake at 1am last night! Haallp! Besides that and the overheating (and strange dreams) it's a wonder drug. I used to have 3 panic attacks on average a day and now I can live life again. Hope this was helpful."

Ashsa (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Been on regular seroquel for 4 years fine. Started this for mania/depression and paranoid thoughts. Awful. Weaned up from 50mg to 450mg then back down to off in 1 week. Stomach pains. Out of touch with reality. Groggy. Weight gain immediatley. It helped the symptoms, but no way to live."

Jt131.31 April 27, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This is hands down the best drug I have taken for my OCD. The first dose had a dramatic impact on me. I take 50mgs one hour before bed and I sleep a solid 9 to 10 hours eveynight. Got up the next and had so much energy that I was looking for something to do while on vacation. This drug is awesome!!!"

Johnny123456 April 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "I'm on this medication I get 200 mg at night and 100 mg during day the one at night doesn't help me sleep still awake at 2 am the morning dose makes me tired so not sure if helps with insomnia"

Tracey b111 April 24, 2016

For Depression: "I suffered from postpartum depression with insomnia. I was on this medication for less than 3 years. It took 4 attempts to discontinue this medication. I felt helpless when trying to stop. I was on 600 mg at one point and I was down to 6.25 mg. I ended up taking it every other night then every 3rd night then finally stopping. I got the approval of my doctor to do this. I still have problems sleeping but I know in time it will get better. I already feel better mentally and all the swelling in my face, hands and feet are gone. Seroquel served a purpose in my life when I needed it but I'm very thankful to be off this poison!"

SuzyQ630 April 24, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking 300mg of quetiapine for the last 5 years for Bipolar type 2, and it's honestly turned my life around. Serious/semi-serious hypomanic/depressive episodes down to 1-2 a year, mild up and downs 2-4 times a year."

Anonymous April 24, 2016