User Reviews for Duloxetine

Also known as: Cymbalta, Irenka

Learn more about Duloxetine.

Dysthymia 1 reviews 3 medications

Urinary Incontinence 4 reviews 49 medications

4.4
Summary of Duloxetine reviews 980 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Duloxetine

For Hot Flashes: "After having 7-10 hot flashes a day... Waking up 2-3 times a night. My Breast survivor MD prescribed me Cymbalta 10mg daily . Hot flashes gone first day.... Only an occasional warming now that I can handle ."

Bonbon111 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 9, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was put on this med due to degenerative arthritis in my neck and depression, (I was taken off the other mood meds and swapped to just this) For two weeks I took 30 mg, which didn't seem to help much, I also suffer from headaches/migraines. I was upped to 60mg which after the 3rd day was the first time in over 40 years I didn't wake up with a headache. It's been 4 days now with no headache, I have a bit of a humming in my ear, like when an amp is left on, but I'll take that over headaches any day, occasionally I've had the runs, but not sure if this is med related. I have noticed an improvement in my mood, also, I should mention also started seeing a Chiropractor for the first time and she's also done some miracle work on the neck."

In My Opinion (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I have spent a long time trying to find the right cocktail of meds since I was diagnosed with BPD, Bipolar, Depression and anxiety. Currently I'm taking 100mg of Lamactal, 50mg Cymbalta and 50mg of Trazadone. I feel awesome! I'm not as moody, I'm happy. It's a shame that I have to switch medications because I LOVE my mood, however the sexual side effects are just something I cant take. My NP is putting me on Viiebyd instead of the Cymbalta and from reading the reviews, I'm nervous about it. If the new medication dosnt work for me, I will go back to the cocktail I was taking and figure something out with the sexual side effects"

clenti (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Cymbalta has turned my life upside down. I was on the awful excuse for a medication for a year and a half taking 100mg every day. Over the past four months I have been weaned off of it by my doctor and 10 days ago was my last dose. I will never ever take that nasty drug ever again. The withdrawals are excruciating. I am absolutely miserable. Even after ten days I am still experiencing the following: nausea, dizziness, fevers, chills, emotional roller coasters, random crying, brain zaps, irritability, loss of appetite, loss of interest to do daily activities, anger, vomiting, isolation, aches and pains in my bones and high levels of anxiety. I feel as if these feelings are never going to end. "

Miserable Person February 2, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I took 1 30mg and it has made me so sick. I've been having flu like symptoms and my anxiety is through the roof. I couldn't sleep last night and this was just taking 1. I normally take Valium 20mg a day and Ativan 1mg and I'm ok but lately with all meds I think my body after so many years is used to the benzodiazepines they aren't working as well. I'm still having panic attacks that are disabling. I need help. Every SSRI or SNRI doesn't not work at all. I took from my teens until I was 22 ecstasy everyday and when I stopped is when the anxiety started and has never left even though I've been quit for 11 years. I don't want to be on medications any more I just want to live life that's all :( this medicine ruined an entire day for me."

PanicMode247 (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication is a beast. Be very careful if you take this for your Bipolar II with possible mixed episodes. While on it I tried to cut my vein through. I was on 120 mg per-day was the dose! Withdrawal symptoms = Diarrhea , feeling ill, shaking hands, concentration problems, Brain Zaps, hearing noises like moving sands in my both ears, stomach aches, feels like there is a direct current connected to my brain with signals going from left to right and vice versa. BE CAREFUL USING IT! Specially if you are that special type of Bipolar II with dominant depression symptoms!"

MindTest (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "i have been battling with major depression since I was a child. I have been on many different types of medications over the years. I also have a major case of obsessive compulsive disorder and as I I'm getting older it has been getting severely worse. Everything has to be in perfect order I spend hours upon hours a day making sure everything is order. It's so bad that I can not even have garbage in my garbage cans if so I have to clean the cans immediately. It has become so bad that it cuts into other daily activities such as spending time with my wife, family and friends . Some days I do not even attempt to get out of bed. Some days I will sleep for well over 24 hours. These are the medications in taking daily . I take 150 mg of Lamotrigine"

Lunch eat January 29, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I was put on Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia pain, anxiety and depression. I had little to no side effects on the medication, and it helped the pain and anxiety, but I became resistant to the med for its depression reduction effects and switched to a different med after a couple of years. Being bipolar type 1, I have to change my regiment regularly and I am used to becoming resistant to meds over time. My husband is taking Cymbalta for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Chronic Pain, and he has experienced marked drowsiness that lasts most of the day for about 2 weeks when he began, and now again, since the doctor increased it because he is still taking 4 Klonopin a day to handle the anxiety. He has less pain, though."

remindjess (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "I read a lot of reviews before taking this and there seemed to be really mixed views. I've tried Citalopram, mirtazapine and now this. This is the first time I've not felt like a complete zombie detached from life. This drug has pretty much saved my life and bought control back to my life. The only long term side effect I've experience is heart palpitations. The nausea lasted a week tops. Everybody is different and responds differently to medications. So don't be put off by negative comments"

Sarrrrh January 23, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "PTSD has been horrific. I starting this new treatment has without question saved my life all medication needs a little bit of will to get better so I started yoga classes and read a lot of self help books and with the medication as a crutch I'm getting the help I need."

dannylinn (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Worked for me at a time I had slipped into suicidal ideations. I have a rheumatological disorder that has no cure, & the treatment is dangerous (steroids most of the time); I have severe anxiety; do not know from a day to the following how I will feel or if I will accomplish small tasks, forget about holding a job. This helped anxiety, suicide thoughts, the horrible feelings of major depression, fear, & pain. It is important to read about the medications you should not take with this. Start slowly & have patience. Appears that more medications tried, the easier this is to get acclimated to."

RegisterLady (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I started taking Cymbalta about 4 years ago for severe body pain, I have had two back surgeries, two knee surgeries, I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. The medication Cymbalta has improved my quality of life a lot. Mostly my fibromyalgia pain . I hadn't been able to sleep at night because of my all over body pain however since taking Cymbalta I have had much relief. I take it at night about an hour before bedtime, I take it along with Amtriptyline which helps me to sleep at night pain free. Only one side effect that. I have notice and that is it seems to take your sex drive, when interacting in sexual activity, it's like you don't feel anything, a lot of the time, and that can be a BIG problem for some people. You have to weigh up your options"

Thomas'a January 18, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "After taking Cymbalta for 3 weeks I had gradually started after week 1 to become very dizzy, rapid heart beats, anxiety, after week 2 the anxiety and panic attacks became severe, and the last day of taking it I felt like I was having a heart attack for 8 hours. It was after Cymblata had been out on the market for roughly one year a warning to Thyroid patients had been published , Hypothyroid Hoshimotos thyroiditis patient since 1989, since that time I am allergic to about 20 other medications used for fibromyalgia, myopathy, polyneuropathy, neuropathy, and so on. Another aspect with Cymbalta is that if your doctor is not up to education outside the representative selling this product then one could consider the patient mentally unstable."

TJP101 January 17, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "After battling dysthymia alternating with moderate anxiety for years and trying all sorts of natural means to treat it, I slipped into major depression. I was prescribed a low dose of Cymbalta--20 mg. After taking just two pills over three days, it has been one awful drug trip. I'm hoping for the heavy, dizzy feeling of pressure on my brain to end. The lethargy, nausea and chills have also been bad. I have two children, one of whom stayed home sick while I was on this, and I could barely care for her. It killed my appetite, which I didn't think would be a bad thing, but when you only feel like eating a banana and an orange all day, it becomes a problem. I'm looking forward to "just" feeling depressed again."

Margret65 January 16, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I rarely have side effects to medication. In fact, I think there is only one other drug I have been on that I have had a side effect from other than this and trust me, I have been on more than I can even count. But this one, was AWFUL. Within the first day I was shaky, my heart was racing, and I felt dizzy if I stood up quickly, but what was even worse was the insomnia! I thought I could get used to the medication but 5 days later and it still wasn't any better. My doctor gave me trazodone to help me sleep but the other side effects were still there so I went off it after 2 weeks."

melllllllloo (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

For Anxiety: "Do not take this! It made me very sick vomiting and now diarrhea for days."

young 32,single Mom January 14, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Back Pain: "After taking 30mg per day for ten days, my severe back pain is almost gone. I increased to 60mg to further eliminate morning and evening pain. This has greatly improved my life."

Pammisue (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Osteoarthritis: "Cymbalta has been a heaven sent. I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees and I'm 35. I stayed in chronic pain. On a 1-10 scale I was 76. This medication took my pain level to a 2. I couldn't believe how effective it was after 1 dose. I do suffer side effects such as nausea and diarrhea but I'm praying it passes. I've only been on the meds 3 days. I don't feel sidelined in life anymore. I can participate nearly pain free."

Sunset Mami (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "This medicine was great and did relieve my pain. However now it has been discovered that it is terribly hard to stop taking. The side effects are unbelievable. It can take a year to get off this medicine. Please go to the forum here about Cymbatla and also on facebook . I have currently started tapering off this medicine after taking it for 4 years or so because I believe it is causing other problems for me such as memory loss, brain fog, being tired all the time, tinnitus, night sweats, etc."

ladybadone (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This drug is the devil. It destroyed my life. It took everything that made me who I am away from me & locked it in a little box. I didn't notice my personality changing, I didn't notice how heavily I'd started to drink because it was creating more symptoms than it was treating. My partner, also on Cymbalta for slightly longer than I (probably still on it) also changed... He went from kind & considerate to selfish & cold. He avoided conflict at all costs when I met him, when we parted ways he would happily start arguments. Yes, Cymbalta helped me for about 2 months, but from there it was all side effects (apart from the aforementioned) of uncontrollable sweating & mood swings on top of the depression & anxiety it was supposed to be treating"

ConcernedStranger (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Tried it for 2 days and felt like a zombie took the pain away from my body but made me feel like a controller . I would not recommend this medication to anybody. It seems like they want to take us off opiates and give us government induced mind altering drugs do not take this drug at any cost"

Perry Ramone (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "It helps but not all the time I take 30 mg once a day."

Addies mamaw December 25, 2015

For Back Pain: "positive"

joe white (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2015

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I just started this medication two days ago and felt the effects within the same day. It was an absolute miracle like a curse was lifted off of me. I'll have to wait a few weeks and be observant of its effects, which so far have only been decrease in appetite. All in all this drug saved my life"

Vines December 23, 2015

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Cymbalta has been amazing for me. I started taking 60 mg a year ago for serve depression, I felt improvement in my mood after just 3 days, it took about 3 weeks to fully kick in. I felt amazing for the first time in about 10 years. After I began feeling better I was amazed to think about how long I had been depressed. Food tasted better, the sun shone brighter and I had tons of energy. I am still on cymbalta 60 mg a day and have noticed a drop in energy in the last couple of months so I am going to talk to my doctor but I have no depression and love this medicine it saved my life."

Stop and smell the flowers! (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015