User Reviews for Duloxetine

Also known as: Cymbalta, Irenka

Learn more about Duloxetine.

Dysthymia 1 reviews 3 medications

Urinary Incontinence 4 reviews 49 medications

4.4
Summary of Duloxetine reviews 1044 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Duloxetine

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I took this medication for a year and a half,it worked great for my anger issues but did very little for my depression...It also worked well for my fibromyalgia...The down fall for me was feeling like a zombie 24/7,to the point of not even having energy to clean my house,have a shower daily or even brush my teeth...I just didn't care about anything at all...Not a good way to live "

Janeypooh (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Be careful when taking this medication. I took my first tablet yesterday in the morning and started feeling unwell during the day. Was out at a restaurant for lunch and started feeling so nauseous and burst into tears, and had to leave before my food arrived. Went home and felt so sick I slept for a couple of hours. Woke up and had some food, thought I was starting to feel better but a couple hours after that I collapsed (luckily I was at home with family) and was vomiting and had a severe fever, can't put into words just how horrible I was feeling. Woke up still feeling sick, of course didn't take another tablet, and am starting to feel better now about 38 hours after taking the tablet."

Sally547896 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Sort of worked but I was sleeping all the time. 12 - 14 hours per day and then could not move the rest of the day. Had to stop after 10 days of being a zombie."

No Nickname May 28, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I've been on Cymbalta since 2002 and it's changed my life. I haven't had a depressive episode since I've been on it. My sex life is ruined, however. A common side affect for these kinds of meds."

Brightster May 21, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I've been in chronic pain for YEARS..just the other day I took cymbalta..it worked the first day..unbelievable I was amazed.I read a ton of bad reviews so I was sceptical. But it worked..I dont have to take any pain meds at all. I have fibromyalgia small fiber nuropothy degenerative disc disease osteoarthritis lupus.."

Kelly H714 (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Over the years, I have tried a lot of different antidepressants. Some have been absolutely terrible for me and others have been alright, but Cymbalta has been life changing. I was initially very worried about taking Cymbalta after all of the horror stories, but it has worked wonders for me. It really is an amazing drug!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Cymalta has definitely helped me as far as depression and anxiety. Its the only medication that's worked so far. The only problem I've had with it is that it takes away my ability to orgasm and my sex drive in general"

Aspenray88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "As this medicine may have helped with my nerve pain it's not worth ALL the side effects I've experienced! This drug has horrible side effects! I'm trying to get off the medication 7 days later still have severe side effects! Look at the side effects before you start your regiment."

Rich G May 15, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "Shakiness, jittery, insomnia, sweating, lose of appetite, nausea, dry mouth and bad taste in my mouth. I had no pain relief from Cymbalta at 30 or 60."

AJA123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I had started with Prozac (20mg) about 4 months ago but it wasn't steadily effective and I felt worse the week before my period... it would also make me tired during the day. The doctor switched me to Cymbalta while weaning me off Prozac as such: - week 1: take 20mg capsule of Prozac with 30mg capsule of Cymbalta a day - week 2: take 30mg capsule of Cymbalta a day - week 3: take 60mg capsule of Cymbalta capsule a day going forth I felt great with Cymbalta just on my first week: more energy, felt kind of high like on E but in a good way...just happy. I experienced a few days of insomnia my first week which which I battled with Melatonin an hour before bed (10mg). I experienced headaches for a few days but that also went away. Feel great!!"

Desertflower123 May 10, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on Cymbalta for a few years now (on various doses) alongside clonazepam (0.5mg twice/day) and I have to say its been the worst experience of my life. I was put on it after Effexor XR basically stopped working after 4 yrs.At first cymbalta seemed to "take the edge off". I didnt notice many of the initial side effects because of my severe withdrawal from Effexor.But after about 9 months at 30mg Cymbalta just stopped working and actually started to make me experience anxiety and panic attacks that were insanely intense. I have moved up to 60mg and back down to 30, upped my clonazepam and its just gotten worse and worse. Weight gain (50lbs), severe panic attacks, gad, severe depression, ocd, stomachache, IBS, headache, ..."

Panicatthefreakshow May 3, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have severe anxiety depression. I've tried all the meds out, as my doctor would say. Cymblatla was suggested. And me needing to feel normal tried it. Worst experience of my life. Was on 40mg. Felt like I was having an out of body experience, like someone was pulling me, everywhere. Dr told to stick with it, and lower dose (I actually did, did not recommend talk to Dr first). Nothing changed. I was talking without thinking, having more and more panic attacks and higher anxiety. Absolutely zero libido, and I gained weight. I felt "happy", but a weird happy. So, finally I TELL my doctor for the third time in 9 months, I want off this medication. Withdrawl symptoms no joke. It's been a month and I still have w.d effects"

#areallthegoodnamestaken May 2, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I'm going to jump right into the fact that this medication is just not helpful, it takes away my personality, and has brought a lot of suicidal thoughts to mind. I am on 60 my capsule and the way it makes me feel is very empty. I don't feel like I have control of my thoughts and happiness"

Angela Christine May 2, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Cymbalta saved my life 2 times. I've been taking those pills (60 mg) for both cases of depression. Everytime this drug worked like a miracle on me. It made me come back to normal. I have felt almost none side effects. First week, just diahrrea, some ticklings and a bit of tinitus. Nothing annoying at all. Then, everything went to normal again. I'm here in part thanks to Cymbalta."

Durauguiru (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 2, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "23yo M - This medication is a god send for me in complete honesty. I have had problems with GAD for around 4 years. Previously I've tried Citalopram which was effective for treating my issues, but had side effects in my sexual life which was not possible to overcome. I tried Venlafaxine which was similarly effective but also had the same side effects - took too long rather than nothing at all! I gave up on the current generation of anti-depressant medication before trying Duloxetine. This is in the same category as Venlafaxine although not as strong. I've gone straight from VF into Duloxetine and after 20 days have found this medication to be extremely effective. More than any other SSRI or SNRI. For once I feel like a normal person!"

inf-czR April 30, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I was prescribed Cymbalta for postpartum depression.What I really needed was sleep.I was after having a c-section and taking care of three kids and no help.Now I have been on this drug for 9 years. I have tried several times to get off it. I feel like it has a choke hold around my neck. I am a registered nurse and work full time. I still get depressed while on this drug. When I try to get off it I have suicidal thoughts along with a long list of withdrawal symptoms. I wish I was never put on this nasty drug."

boardwalk70 April 30, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started cymbalta at 24 and I'm now 32... I changed to them after I had my first born but from 18 years old I was on Luvox! Yes first year or so I felt the cymbalta helped me a lot. More then the Luvox ever did. But for about a while now I really have noticed the bad things.... I get a migraine if i haven't taken one by 6pm. I get snappy and angry if I just miss one day... Last yr i Kept forgetting to take my scripted into get filled. After a few days I was yelling and crying and dug myself in a hole! I couldn't get out of bed the war in my head was so bad! My fam even called doctors on me because they were that worried.... The doctors advice was to go back on my cymbalta and start councelling! I want to change it but I hate it!"

LizaMac84 April 30, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Osteoarthritis: "Had severe arthritis, knees, hips,wrists, back below shoulder blades also middle in front left pectorial muscle, while in hospital dr gave me cymbalta, after 3 days pain level went from 7 down to about 2 1/2. All pain gone from knees which were in constant pain no side effects that I have notice so far"

THOMAS O (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Back Pain: "I would not have taken this medication if I knew it was going to effect my sex drive. I am thankful that I was only on it for a short time and I have stopped taking it a few days ago. I have been married for a longtime but we have a very active sex life now that our children are gone from the house. If I would have known that I wouldn't be able to have a orgasm during sex I never would have agreed to taking this drug. So if you value your intimacy with your partner do not take this drug or expect a lot of frustration !!!"

Mrsofty April 26, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "These pharmaceutical companies need to figure out ways to engineer better medications. I went on cymbalta for about 8 months after a long struggle with anxiety. I had mild depressive episodes as well, but it didn't really bother me and mostly came as a result of having bad anxiety that I felt I couldn't control. Cymbalta was great at first, I seemed to actually lose a little weight (didn't need to but any girl likes to see that) and I had a great mood much of the time. However, I started noticing that it wasn't doing anything for my actual anxiety. It started making me gain weight, I was too tired from the medicine to go the gym, and had a hard time even making it to the library to study (I'm a college student)."

Sophia1234567 April 25, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I have suffered from severe depression for over 20 years. Cymbalta the only one thing that has kept me going and feeling normal. I still have a little depression but by far I am way better less breakdown and crying and sadness. Just make sure you have your doctor check your liver. I have not had any liver issues but some people have reported it. Give it a try it is work for me and I know some people out there saying it's the worst but for me it has been a lifesaver"

Colorado Native (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I would give cymbalta a 10/10 however I have not been on it long enough to give it a perfect score. I have tried Prozac as well as wellbutrin to help cope with my crippling depression but they just didn't do the job. Before cymbalta I was easily aggitated, hating the world around me, and contemplating suicide. Now it is like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I'm not irritated by small things anymore. I have more motivation. The only downside is have had is some insomnia but it should pass. Don't be scared by all the negative reviews. I was until I took it for myself. Everyone is different however you will have to try it for yourself to know. I take 30 milligrams once a day in the morning."

Dmhoward April 23, 2016

For Depression: "• 19 Apr. 2016 Began initial dose at 2230 hours. Felt the medicine working within a ½ hour. Was in a good mood as I had been taken off of Warfarin this date. Before drifting off to sleep, I glanced at the clock. It was approx. 2300 hrs. I had an odd feeling in my throat that was possibly closing up. I remember worrying what is going on here? As the feeling in my throat persisted, I also felt my “Adam’s apple” fluttering and an elevated heart rate. I soon fell asleep. No other meds taken except for Atorvastatin. • 20 Apr. 2016 I awoke a 0600 hours to go to the bathroom. Upon arising, I felt a damp spot at the back of my underwear. Pulled the sheets back a discovered I had Shit the bed in my sleep. Felt real dizzy and drowsy. Thought to myself “how & why?” this happened. Went to shower. As the morning continued on at 0630, the side effects were evident: 1. “Hot flashes” Absolutely miserable. Could not get / stay comfortable. Firstly, had the flushing sweats, then I would get too cold. Turning off the air conditioner and fan for about a half an hour, Becoming hot again. This has continued on and has not stopped. Extremely bad migraines as well since waking and did not let up at all. Sensitive to noise, light and sounds. 2. The same feeling in my throat upon waking, I drank water to cool off and see if this would stop. And it didn’t. 3. My face was tingling all over as well. 4. Moderately nauseous upon standing up or sitting down. The nausea had continued all day. Had a special K cereal bar to ease this up in the morning. Having only relief from it less than an hour. 5. Tried eat cereal for lunch and discovered unable to eat it at all. The taste of it was making me sicker. 6. Took two 500 mg acetaminophen at 0700, relief was only slight and the head aches returned less than two hours. 7. Overall neck pain eased up and other arthritic symptoms did as well. I could definitley tell a difference, However the head ache did not. 8. Decided to take a dosage during the morning at 1000 hrs. To avoid loss of bowel control in my sleep. Within about two hours, felt it working through my system. Same effects I mentioned as before. Severe headaches and Nausea all day. And of course unbearable hot & cold feelings again thinking that these should eventually pass as I become used to it. 9. Laid down from 1400 to 1700 to alleviate the symptoms. Awoke from the nap and tried to eat dinner. One bite made me sick to my stomach. Headaches still there. 10. Overall, felt the same until bedtime as I did all day. Will give it one more try tomorrow morning. Did not take any meds except Atorvastatin, and two acetaminophen. • 21 April 2016 Awoke at 0815. No bowel leakage. Took another dose of Duloxetine at 1000. Was able to tolerate a cereal bar. Noticed the side effects once again and unable to have a bowel movement, within an hour of trying. I will now stop this medication. As I do not feel well at all and its side effects are terrible."

Chuck N_3 (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

For Anxiety: "Severe hives. Cannot stop itching and a rash appears. Can be any part of my body and head. Drives me mad. But pros outweigh the cons as my anxiety has reduced so much."

JanJef April 20, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "The worst decision I have ever made was agreeing to go on this drug. I had no idea about SSRI's and the effects they can have on you and your life. For the first year, I would have recommended it to anyone dealing with depression and anxiety like myself..but that was at a time when I mistaked the numbness for satisfaction. Just over 2 years down the line and I am falling apart. This drug has ruined my life. First I realised the fog I was in. Then came the vertigo and confusion. My memory has deteriorated. Zero sex drive since day one. My depression has worsened and I no longer recognise who I am anymore. My personality has changed drastically and my anxiety is worse than its ever been. I am now weaning off it but the damage has been done."

DoNOTputYourselfThroughThisHel (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016