User Reviews for Duloxetine

Also known as: Cymbalta

Learn more about Duloxetine.

Dysthymia 1 reviews 3 medications

Small Fiber Neuropathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Duloxetine reviews 787 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Duloxetine

Review by nightmajic (taken for less than 1 month):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: Made everything intense. Had me sitting on edge of seat. Took it twice, 2 doses, had to call Dr told me stop it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 6:24 PM

Review by Rach Rach (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: Cymbalta changed me from someone struggling with pain every day to a productive and happy person with some aches and pain. It has made such a big difference in my life!

January 23, 2015 2:29 PM

Review by Candy567:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: Very helpful but over last year or so waining effectivness.

January 21, 2015 4:02 PM

Review by Lola Lottery:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: This was a miracle for the Fibromyalgia pain, until the excessive sweating began. It took a long time to make the connection. I have been off for three months, the sweating has stopped, but the pain of Fibro is creeping back. Will have to try something else. The sweating was such a nuisance, and it got so bad, it was frightening. But, definitely give it a try - it may help you.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 12:19 PM

Review by cao985:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: A life saver. Stopped working after 5 months but I am fascinated how this medicine got me out of severe depression. I was praying to die every night even I am an agnostic. I was that desperate. I don't now it's still beneficial but I take 60 mg just to be cautious. I was up to 120 mg. With Cymbalta now I'm on 54 mg Concerta (wish to take Adderall but not legitimate in my country), 200 mg Lamictal and 5 mg Xanax(built up tolerance) if need be. Still in depression but not bad as the past years. If you have major depression at least give this medicine a chance.

December 23, 2014 9:51 AM

Review by Yellowjack (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: May have some help to relieve back pain. 60mg gave me heart palpitation. 30mg may be suboptimal. Tried to wean off several times but gave me some undesirable effects like malaise and anxiety. Urinary retention is a worrisome effect with Cymbalta for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2014 5:32 PM

Review by jayjay101010:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: I finally got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and since then I have been on a couple of trial and error medications. Lyrica remains the best so far, on leveling out my balance for pain, and all the other negative quirks that come with Fibromyalgia. I tried VENLAFAXINE (Effexor) it knocked me out like a horse tranquilizer. Never again! That's when my psych decided to try me on Cymbalta. I still take my other meds: Omeprazole, Adderal, Lyrica. [switched from Zoloft-->Cymbalta]. I was to gradually increase my Cymbalta after the course of a week or so, but later spoke to my Doc and he stated my side effects were do to the increase being too fast. He suggested for me to remain at one pill for at least a month, and then speak to my psych about it. perfect!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 8:55 AM

Review by KEB42 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: I got on Cymbalta for depression/anxiety that I had been dealing with for almost 10 years. Cymbalta helped me get myself back and feel great again. Recently, I weaned from the 60 to the 30. I noticed I was feeling very tired (despite 9 hours of sleep) and unfocused at work with low energy. Once I changed to the 30 I noticed a HUGE difference. After 5 years on Cymbalta I am weaning off the medication. Going from the 60 to 30mg was a nice transition and I am confident about weaning off it completely. Everyone has a different experience with the medicine and how it will affect them getting of it. I am glad I took this medication. It saved my life.

December 4, 2014 8:40 AM

Review by 1Gratefuluser:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: I have tried other medications to control my fibromyalgia and I had awful side effects to all then my Dr tried me on Cymbalta and this has been amazing! No side effects. I'm on 120mg now and I feel almost like my old self! It is very expensive though.

November 29, 2014 9:37 PM

Review by WorkingMommyof 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: I have been on several medications (citalopram) & after 6 years it simply stopped helping my anxiety. It made me tired, foggy & spacey anyways. I had a hard time being sharp at my corporate job. I then got off of anything and was just ok for 7 months. Then my spouse almost died and it sent me reeling into depression & severe anxiety. I was paralyzed with fear. I couldn't get my work done, cried all the time, had major anxiety. I was afraid to try anything due to the fear of being tired, foggy or dull. Started 30mg Cymbalta. It helped me within 3 days. First 3 days was nauseous. After 2 weeks I was no longer depressed, no catastrophic thinking or panic attacks. Wish I had tried 10-20 years ago! It has turned me around. Not foggy or tired!

November 29, 2014 1:07 AM

Review by Danvic (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: Did not work only gained weight

November 24, 2014 9:29 PM

Review by chanf:

For Urinary Incontinence: Took duloxetine for depression, which it helped enough, but it also worked for my nerve pain and occasional urinary incontinence. I didn't know it was doing the latter until I started weaning myself off of it and got the stress incontinence back. Thought it had gone away on its own.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 12:14 AM

Review by ShanBee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: This medication helped me get my life back. The first 2 months were rough with side effects, I stuck with it like my doctor recommended I do and they all went away!

November 18, 2014 2:41 PM

Review by JoanneRN2014:

For Fibromyalgia: Cymbalta was a God send for me. Started off on Savella for NY fibromyalgia pain but had to go off of it because of increasing anxiety. Started Cymbalta and felt almost pain free within 2 days. It also helped with depression I didn't even realize I had. I keep ibuprofen 800 mg on hand for breakthrough pain. I feel better now than I have in years. The only drawback for me is I seem to have picked up a urinary incontinence/retention issue which is a major annoyance otherwise I love Cymbalta.

November 17, 2014 5:42 AM

Review by jaisa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: Started Cymbalta for depression about three months ago. Also suffer from fibromyagia and anxiety. Found at 90 mg my fibromyagia hip and neck pain significantly reduced but had the side effect of extreme itching. At one point my lips and eyes felt sunburnt and began having trouble swallowing. Slowly reducing dose now on 60 mg plus 20 of Prozac. BE AWARE do not suddenly stop this medicine. Missed two days due to script and had the worst withdrawal I have experienced in 27 years of antidepressants, uncontrolled crying and panic. Not sure where to go from here.

November 16, 2014 2:07 PM

Review by Startednursingschool (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I love Cymbalta and have been on it for 4 years and some change. Used to be on 60mg and now 120mg since August 2014. However, I am 3 months into my nursing program and I'm starting to feel anxious which I'm sure is normal but I am thinking of adding a medicine. I just don't want anxiety to start because I used to be anxious all my life until Cymbalta. I have clinical depression and generalized anxiety. Cymbalta has been a miracle.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2014 5:09 AM

Review by Kway (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: I have fibromyalgia and was in pain with body aches my Dr and I decided to use Cymbalta. I started at 30mg for a week then up to 60mg. The first day I felt a little strange I had no idea what it was the second day was worse and I wanted to stop taking it, so I found a site that talked about Cymbalta and Fibromyalgia most reviews said push through keep taking it you will be glad you did. I decided to keep taking the Cymbalta day three still felt strange but the pain was less Because I wasn't sure I did the 30mg for 2weeks until I felt comfortable then I went to 60mg. I haven't felt this good in a very long time almost like I don't have Fibromyalgia But I missed a dose and the pain was unbearable. I won't do that again. I love Cymbalta

November 12, 2014 8:44 PM

Review by New/ early menopause (taken for less than 1 month):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Problems are panic attacks, phobias and generalized anxiety disorder, as a result to early menopause. First I tried Effexor 75mg, horrible blood pressure sky rocket up 170/101... Then I tried Fetzima for 5 days and couldn't tolerate high heart rate. Resting Heart Rate 96 and while I was walking 110 to 125. Not good always felt like I was climbing a hill, otherwise no other side effects except goosebumps and feeling cold. So then I started Cymbalta 13 days ago, the first 3-4 days very anxious, unable to sleep major. My body was tired, but my mind was not. Every time I would try to sleep my jaw would clench and my body would jerk (myoclonis jerks) and wake me up. I took small dose of Ativan to help me sleep. Also the first 4 days became hypoglycemic.

November 12, 2014 3:01 PM

Review by LanaBee:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: I was on Cymbalta for almost 2 years. I stopped taking it because I thought it was the reason why I was gaining weight (10 lbs over 1 year). 30 mg first year, then 60 mg, then 30 mg again Pros: It treated my fibro! Not just temporary effect, 80% of the pain went away! I stopped taking it 1.5 years ago and the no-pain effect is still here. Pretty happy about that. Cons: the adjusting period (about 2 weeks) IS a nightmare, worst vertigo and nausea ever. Overall, highly recommended to people with fibromyalgia.

November 12, 2014 11:33 AM

Review by MRSDJMCW (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: Have been on a cocktail of Prozac, Wellbutrin, and Cymbalta for several years for both depression, anxiety, and chronic back pain with GREAT success. Just recently I started to notice I was becoming very short tempered, easily aggravated, and irritable. My Psych gave me .5 mg of Ativan, but also decided to wean me off my Cymbalta 60 mg. The Ativan helped me immensely. Unfortunately,within 2 weeks without my Cymbalta my depression returned, I was sleeping all the time, and worst of all I felt like I could eat everything in the kitchen and still be hungry! Gained weight so quickly,and had no ambition whatsoever. I am now on my 3rd week back on Cymbalta and feeling almost back to normal thankfully! When you find what works for you, stick with it!

November 3, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by realsis (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: I've tried about 15 to 20 different antidepressants in the last 21 years. Nothing has really helped, or it would help for awhile then stop working. Cymbalta is only the second medication that is not only a SSRI but works with the dopamine in your body, that I've tried. First was Pristiq and that affected me so badly I wouldn't shower for a week. I didn't want to do anything. Now with the Cymbalta I'm more energetic and less hungry and feel much better! So far it's working out wonderfully.

November 3, 2014 5:11 PM

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: I was on this medication earlier this year and had to stop it because of cost and insurance. I have since been approved for medical assistance and my doctor has once again prescribed cymbalta for my anxiety and depression. I had no side effects like I did with just about every other antidepressant under the sun. This has saved my life.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2014 9:46 PM

Review by djack2112:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: I had classic fibromyalgia symptoms, after researching many things that would fall into this category, and I was at the point where I was about to give up, literally. I had become depressed, after dealing with fibromyalgia for so long, it had broken me. I have a lot of will power, and normally would have laughed at the thought of taking my own life, but after about 2 years of these symptoms, it was winning, and didn't think I could go on for much longer. So, after trying a couple different medications, I was put on Cymbalta. This medication saved my life. It has reduced my pain levels by at least 2-3 points on a ten point scale, and fixed my mood as well. I cannot say enough about how happy I am with this medication.

October 25, 2014 4:45 AM

Review by steven0610123 (taken for less than 1 month):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: After I started taking this I was glued to this web site reading everybody's positive feedback to give me hope. I had been on it a couple years ago and it worked very well but stopped as life improved with little side effects. A couple years went by and life took a turn for the worse. Going from being very comfortable financially to almost homeless and loosing everything I had including my wife I went to get help. I can not explain in words how horrible I felt. I was in such a dark place this time I had my doubts it would work but it has. I am starting to feel better after a week and a half and hope it continues. I have tried many different anti-depressants mentioned here and none of them worked. Cymbalta saved my life!

October 23, 2014 8:16 PM

Review by ray of sun (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I been on Cymbalta for 9 years this has been a miracle for me. It helps with anxiety, my chronic pain, my fibromyalgia, my bipolar now just find something to help with anger I'd be perfect. The only side effect I have had is nightmares if I forget to take it that's it. I love my medicine.

October 14, 2014 1:06 AM