User Reviews for Duloxetine

Also known as: Cymbalta

Learn more about Duloxetine.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 27 reviews 6 medications

Small Fiber Neuropathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Duloxetine reviews 724 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Duloxetine

Review by me2014:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: Changed my pain to tolerable from my fibromyalgia in Illinois. I say try it. Figure out what triangle of medicines works best for you and never let anyone say it's all in your head.

April 18, 2014 10:53 PM
Review by QueenbeeG (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: I have been on Cymbalta, 60mg's for several months now. I am more relaxed and my depression is not as bad, however, I do still have down moments. I too have noticed that I have the dry mouth, yawning, not sleeping sound every night have experienced upper, underneath my ribs on my right side pain. My joints hurt in my knees.

April 15, 2014 11:59 AM
Review by Happy Happy Happy (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Wow. Cymbalta changed my LIFE! Prozac made me a zombie, as did Paxil, Xanax & Klonopin. I have depression & anxiety. Prozac seemed to have made my depression worse! But then...Cymbalta saved me. I'm so happy to be able to actually GET OUT of bed, not yell at the kids, etc. I experienced a mild euphoria at first, now, (it's been a week) I just feel happy and energetic! I really hope it keeps working!!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2014 7:53 AM
Review by Soup132:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: My cymbalta experience was brutal. After a few days I felt weak and tired. So tired that I started missing work. One week in to it and I started to get these strange brain zaps that made me feel as if I was being electrocuted. Two weeks in and I would start to cry. Just out of the blue I would cry for no reason. It was the first time I had shed a tear in 10 years and it was awful. I stopped taking it and am now afraid to take anything for my panic other than Klonopin.

April 1, 2014 10:41 AM
Review by myman2 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: Moderate pain relief. Non-diabetic nerve pain in legs and feet..60 mg daily...caused erectile dysfunction and tiredness but worth the relief of pain. 8 yrs Now.

March 29, 2014 9:59 AM
Review by AngiLamb (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: Works GREAT for my bipolar also! I have been looking for a medicine to do that for 25 years!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2014 6:24 AM
Review by My nickname is taken: User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: After 2 weeks (60mg/day) I am pleased with this. I had constant dysthymia, black periods lasting a few days, breaking into tears for no reason, not coping, couldn't see a way out, hopelessness. I couldn't tell my partner everything: she needs me to be strong. She knew anyway. The medicine leveled it all out. Only 2 weeks but the depression is gone. I even felt briefly euphoric today. I am easier to be around. Calmer. Negatives: a strange dissociative feeling, sort of out-of-body, as if hearing myself talk slowly, dizziness, an itchy rash on my hand, dry mouth, general tiredness, lethargy in bed in the mornings, no erectile problems, but problem reaching orgasm. If these moderate in time, then my 7/10 score will increase.

March 24, 2014 11:26 PM
Review by Lala- age 30 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: I started this medication after I basically had a nervous breakdown in June 2013. I couldn't function as a mother, I felt scared & nervous all the time, lights were too bright, sounds were too loud. I couldn't deal with all of the things that needed to be done around the house. Started out at 30mg for 2 weeks then went up to 60mg. Made me super tired in the afternoons at first. (take around 7am). Cymbalta slowly brought me out of the 'fog' I was in, it took about 6-8 weeks before I could say I felt 'normal' again; whatever that is, right?

March 13, 2014 7:22 AM
Review by Sierra M. (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Osteoarthritis: This was great for pain relief for the two months I was taking it. The problems I had far out weighted any benefits. I was suffering from blackouts where I would do things and not remember doing them. The depression, nausea, and headaches were unbearable too. I have been off it for 2 months now and am just starting to feel better. I'll live with the on-average 8 pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2014 3:31 PM
Review by Clare Anne (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: Cymbalta literally saved my life. After going through 6 psychiatrists and countless other antidepressant attempts, this is the one that finally worked. I promise that if you hold on and keep fighting something will work for you and you can heal. Depression is never permanant.

March 4, 2014 7:28 PM
Review by justinian: User Rating:

duloxetine for Bipolar Disorder: This antidepressant literally saved my life. I had tried every other medication for bipolar depression, and nothing worked, not even a little. Then after 2 weeks on Cymbalta, the feelings of worthlessness and hopelessness subsided, my mood changed dramatically for the better, I could actually concentrate, and I've had no problems with taking it after a solid 2 months. I would call this a miracle pill for those with unmanageable bipolar depression.

February 28, 2014 10:47 PM
Review by rglanxiety: User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Cymbalta was a miracle for me. I was paralyzed by anxiety and couldn't function in daily life and it made me feel better than I've ever felt in my life. I've tried tons of anxiety/depression meds; Xanax, Klonopin, Buspar, Ativan, Zoloft, Celexa, etc. and they all barely worked, just made me catatonic, or had really serious side effects (listlessness, decreased libido, etc.). Cymbalta made me feel like my true self minus anxiety, rather than a dulled version of myself. It actually increased my libido because I wasn't too depressed to have sex for the first time. I also lost weight while taking it, which wasn't desirable for me, but I know it is for some people. The only negatives I experienced were nausea and decreased appetite at first.

February 21, 2014 8:03 AM
Review by Rem1100 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: While the first 3 weeks were no fun at all I have since seen and felt an improvement in my anxiety and panic attacks. I am very sensitive to medication and other medicines would make me dizzy, upset my stomach and or make it impossible to stay awake. The Cymbalta only made me tired and caused me to lose weight the first three weeks. I am on my fourth month on 30's once a day. I take mine right after dinner as they tend to make me tired, but by morning I am good to go. I have since gained my weight back and I feel better than I have since my anxiety and panic attacks started 7 years ago. In 4 months I have not had any panic attacks and only feel the starting effects of anxiety and then it goes away.

February 20, 2014 1:40 PM
Review by Tough_it_up: User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: I've been on Cmybalta for about one month. 1st week on 30mg and 2nd week on 60mg. Only side effect for the first 2 weeks was lucid dreams and insomnia. I have really bad nerve problem in the upper and lower back which causes a lot of stress to my shoulder trapezius and chest muscle. Cymbalta helps me manage the upper back, shoulder, trapezius and chest pain well enough, but nothing for the lower back. I noticed the pain reduction in the 2nd week. It's not a miracle pill but it sure helps.

February 18, 2014 7:04 PM
Review by jef3382: User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: I've been on antidepressants for years and suffered from chronic pain that was finally diagnosed as fibromyalgia. I started on Cymbalta about 5 years ago because the pain was becoming more than I could deal with and my doctor had read good reviews about patients reactions with this medicine. I never had any problem with the medicine and haven't noticed any major side effects. It has really cut the pain to a manageable level and kept my spirits up.

February 18, 2014 2:45 PM
Review by dani197701: User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: I started taking Cymbalta and I noticed a difference immediately! I felt more relaxed and happy in general. I take Lamictal for Bi-Polar disorder and after finding that medicine alone not being enough, my dr prescribed Cymbalta. I've been in a pleasant mood with my family, friends and at work. Not stressing out about leaving the house or having a busy schedule and getting anxiety about it. It has also helped with my lower back pain I have been dealing with the last 3yrs. It's only been 2 weeks and the only thing I can say is, I seem to yawn a lot and have less of an appetite. If it messes with my sex drive and lowers it... I'm off it.

February 18, 2014 1:47 PM
Review by liberty69 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: I was previously on Lexapro, but it made me tired and unmotivated. I switched to Cymbalta one week ago and it's already working! I'm only on 30 mg but my doc may want me on a higher dose depending on how I feel after a couple weeks.

February 14, 2014 1:34 PM
Review by gennaquaine (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

duloxetine for Back Pain: I absolutely love Cymbalta if do not take it along with my pain medicines, my pain medicines do not work very well. Big difference without my Cymbalta. Don't know what I'd do without it.

February 13, 2014 5:23 PM
Review by Longboard: User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: I am a healthcare provider who specializes in Emergency Medicine. I had my 1st surgery 2 1/2 years ago lower Colon. 2nd surgery for entrapped Pudendal Nerve, and am still healing. Was started on Cympalta and Lyrica. Stopped Lyrica. Had severe mood swings, couldn't concentrate, severe depression with daily suicidal thoughts. 20 lb weight gain. I have not treated patients for over a year because of my symptoms. After stopping cold turkey against doctors advise I have a clear head, memory has improved and best of all suicidal thoughts are gone. I now feel safe enough to return to work and help save lives without fear of making a mistake or wrong decision that could harm others. The nerve pain is still there, but better than side effects.

February 8, 2014 6:43 PM
Review by huntergirl214 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: The medication helps but if I take too much at once or not at the right time thing dont feel right other wise It has greatly helped my mood

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 8, 2014 1:12 AM
Review by suzisavage2 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: Almost 2 months on just 20 mg pain mgmt narcotics for chronic pain, many procedures little help, also CPTSD, GAD, pos. bipolar, depression. MY BACK PAIN AND SCIATIC GONE after 5 days on a low dose. Reserving judgement on the rest. Increase dose to 60 mg. I expect to get a hint in the next week. May have overactive mind/severe difficulty sleeping tho. Higher dose may help. But the pain relief - wouldn't have believed it if someone told me. So have to weigh pain vs insomnia or other side effect I might get. Good luck with this medicine! Insanely expensive and I know from girlfriends experience withdrawal can be bad.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 6, 2014 6:04 PM
Review by vcnacona (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: This medication has worked wonders for me. However, I also have additional medications that work along with this in order to provide me relief. But when I have run out of this medication, I am certainly aware, it is great for my nerve pain and my Depression that accompanies my Fibromyalgia.

January 25, 2014 1:02 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: One of the biggest draw backs to this medication is the cost. My insurance pays 80% and I end up paying 35/ month. I have had some improvements to my pain and sleep and while I am thankful for any gains the lack of a generic makes for a barrier. I am not seeing the improvements I would have liked for the cost. & Oh and a caution it interacts with a lot of other medications used to treat fibromyalgia so consult your pharmacist before taking. I regularly end up skirting the fine line of seratonin syndrome with the cocktail I am taking for my fibromyalgia with no depression.

January 22, 2014 1:16 AM
Review by SAD James: User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: Took this for seasonal depression and after a couple days my mood was a lot better. After a couple of days I actually felt what I thought was euphoria until it leveled out to normal.

January 20, 2014 8:10 PM
Review by klassiebutterfly45 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: Did not help.

January 11, 2014 9:33 AM