User Reviews for Zoloft

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zoloft reviews 465 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by Pyjamas: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: After being diagnosed with PMS my doctor prescribed Sertraline on a cyclical basis. I take the tablets two weeks before my period and I can honestly say they have saved my life. I remember being so shocked when my period started for the first time on them because I hadn't had any of that awful build up of anger, depression and frustration. It was like a lead weight had lifted off my shoulders. I felt normal again.

February 17, 2013 2:48 AM
Review by Mothman454 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Very good experience with Zoloft. My Dr prescribed vitamin D for my dead sex drive, but I'm not waiting for that to improve.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 15, 2013 6:33 PM
Review by Anonbf: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: My boyfriend of a year started on Zoloft 5 months ago, after trying many antidepressants. He totally lost his sex drive, and it changed his personality completely. He was no longer romantically interested in me and left me after 4 months on Zoloft. We would only reconcile on days when he didn't take his medicines. He recently switched and I hope the new medicine is an improvement.

February 13, 2013 11:14 PM
Review by Lisa T. (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was on Lexapro for almost 5 years for depression, but told my Doctor about the extreme anger, anxiety and more depression I had been having, so she immediately switched to Zoloft. It's now been two months on Zoloft, and zero PMDD symptoms. My family is so glad I found this medication!

February 3, 2013 8:53 PM
Review by Taelor (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I started these pills when I was 12 for anxiety and depression and now I am 19. They work, that is to say I'm not suicidal and I can function in society, but I have certainly had side effects. No sex drive and cannot orgasm, terrible nausea and headaches, jaw clenching, vivid nightmares, and mood swings. It is definitely a give and take medicine if you can live with the effects.

February 3, 2013 1:41 AM
Review by cynthnrth (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I first used Zoloft in 1999 for post traumatic stress disorder. At that time I was on 50mg, it allowed me to function very well. Now I am being treated for Major Depression, Anxiety, and PTSD. I started 50 mg 7 days ago, today I am to up my dose to 100 mg. The only side effect I have noticed is tiredness so far. The one benefit is I have not cried everyday which is a triumph as I had been doing that on a daily basis several times per day. Still am anxious about large crowds and overly watchful of my surroundings. I will post again after my check up with my progress the end of February. Good luck to you and I wish you recovery, we all need that.

January 31, 2013 12:46 PM
Review by DHH (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I can remember being on this for just two months last year. What did improve while I was taking it was my concentration--I started reading every book in sight. I stopped taking the Zoloft because I thought it made me sick to my stomach and also gave me tics. I guess I should have waited out the side effects because I thought my ability to read was fantastic.

January 30, 2013 11:43 PM
Review by moww: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have OCD/general anxiety and depression as a result. I was considered a very severe case. A few months after the worst time in my life, I am happy and healthy. I am managing anxiety/OCD a lot better and I have VERY rare bad days. I have been taking Zoloft with therapy for a little over six months. I experienced about a week of side effects (nausea, increased anxiety, fatigue) but over quickly. I get away with taking 50 mg. Apparently the most common side effects are weight gain and loss of interest in sex. I am happy to say I am experiencing NEITHER! I gained a little bit of weight (5-10 lbs) in the last few months, but I lost about 30 lbs before Zoloft due to anxiety-linked anorexia. Now without depression/OCD, I finally have my sex drive!

January 30, 2013 6:14 PM
Review by Weepsie: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft is amazing. I was put on Lexapro when I was about 18, gained about 20 lbs and felt like a numb zombie for about a year. Tried Celexa for about a year- a little better, but I was still getting very depressed. Then I tried Zoloft (50mg for a month and 100mg since). I've been on it for about 2 years. Depression and anxiety is minimal. I rarely have to use my Xanax. The only side effect I've had is dry mouth but it's minimal at worst. My appetite and sleep patterns are normal. As with the others I've tried, my sex drive is very low and I had moderate headaches for the first couple of weeks, so I won't pick on Zoloft for that. Overall, extremely satisfied, I can't imagine my life without it.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 28, 2013 9:58 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I'm a 31 year old female, 5'7", 115 lbs. I originally started 50 mg Zoloft when I was in college. Combined with 10 mg Buspar it did wonders for my depression and anxiety. I weaned off after 4-5 years and was off of it for 5 years, doing well until recently. Over the past year I've been battling horrible insomnia and my anxiety became unbearable. I started back on Zoloft in August. The first week I started I an immediate improvement in my anxiety. My insomnia has yet to improve though, so my doctor kept increasing the dose, eventually peaking at 125. Currently on 100 mg and planning on getting off of it soon, as I've become more jittery and insomnia has become worse lately.

January 27, 2013 12:20 PM
Review by Jon C. (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I was experiencing horrible panic attacks about 2 weeks ago. It lasted days. Extremely fast heart beat, not being able to breathe, literally I thought I was going to die. I went to the hospital twice and they checked me out but said I was ok, I went to my doctor the day after the second hospital trip and he put me on 100mg of Zoloft and 1 mg of Ativan, I've been on Zoloft maybe a week and it has worked good on stopping my symptoms and panics but its not at 100 percent as I still feel pretty uneasy but in time I feel it will continue to benefit me, I know you have to give it more time to fully work. My side effects are bad nausea, restlessness, and cloudy head which has went away pretty much.

January 23, 2013 2:06 PM
Review by Kenneth Pet.: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Sertraline (Zoloft) works great for panic disorder. It may take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to start working at a functional level. Of course, with any of these medications side effects may occur and vary with each patient. One of the main side effects of SSRI's is sexual dysfunction; however, I personally haven't seen much of a difference regarding this common side effect, apart from lasting longer in bed (which is great for her). Overall, this medication is good for panic disorder, not so much for depression, as far as in my case. Remember, everyone is different and respond to these medications differently.

January 22, 2013 10:10 PM
Review by Sierra524: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have been on Zoloft 50mg for about 6 months now. I got on it because I could not control my anger. I would go from okay, to completely angry in just a matter of moments. Everything and anything would set me off, and I couldn't control it. So, I went to the doctor and he put me on Zoloft. I have lost close to 40lbs since being on the medicine beacuse I have no appetite anymore. I do not feel like a zombie, instead I am able to control my anger better. I still get upset and angry, but I don't lash out like I used to. I feel like I have control of my life now.

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 15, 2013 11:39 AM
Review by J_M (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft did not help me at all. I was on it for about 3 months, worked up to 100mg. I was tired and hungry all the time. I gained 20 lbs and slept all day. I was a complete zombie. Definitely made my depression worse.

January 14, 2013 1:23 PM
Review by Peanut08: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I am 22 year old female and taking Zoloft for social anxiety. About a day after starting this medication I began clenching my jaw really tight. My jaw starting aching after a couple of days because of the clenching. I had a panic attack on the train 3 days after starting this. I had nausea and a loss of appetite. The medicine did not really ease my symptoms in fact I would get random occurrences where I would feel extremely nervous and find it difficult to breath. My breathing became very shallow. I am weaning myself off it after 40 days on it.

January 11, 2013 9:11 AM
Review by landview12 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Has lowered general anxiety while not eliminating panic attacks. Love this medication and would not like to try any other.

January 11, 2013 12:19 AM
Review by coolr_am (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Have been taking 100mg for more than 2 years. It works but I am not fully fine. Thinking of increasing the dose to 200mg.

January 9, 2013 2:06 AM
Review by Prisoner no more: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I've been on 50 mg for almost 2 years now. Previous to this my life was so difficult, with debilitating phobias, almost daily panic attacks, OCD, and constant generalized anxiety. I was very very reticent to take an SSRI and tried every other strategy under the sun to try and manage my mental illness: therapy, vigorous exercise, yoga, meditation, natural supplements etc... but to no avail. Yes, I did experience some side effects: mild stomach aches for about 2 weeks, and a certain amount of agitation that has diminished, but not completely disappeared. But I can function as a normal human being, enjoy life, spend time with friends. I am no longer a prisoner of my chemical imbalance. I sincerely believe that this medication saved my life!

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 8, 2013 9:35 PM
Review by Sam012 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have been on Zoloft for about a year now. I started taking it after suffering from depression and anxiety for 8 years. Finally when I hit rock bottom I decided to get some help. I started off at 50mg and I started to see my life change. I still had some issues. It was like being on an emotional roller coaster. At my one month check up they increased my dose to 100mg. Since then things have gotten better. I am more social and outgoing. I no longer push my friends away and I actually want to get out. I have had some issues with side effects though. Since I started taking it I have had some issues with remembering small things. Especially if I am stressed out. For the most part it has been amazing to feel happy.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 5, 2013 1:14 AM
Review by Harusame (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I am seventeen years old and had only gotten help a couple of days ago. I have taken the medicine only twice but so far, so good. The one fear I have prior to taking any medication was emotional numbness and unnatural happiness. I was very pleased to find that I feel relatively normal with this medicine. However, I have lost my appetite and feel sleepier than usual but I will be talking to my doctor every week on my progress and hopefully the side effects won't last very long because I'm still new to this medicine.

December 16, 2012 12:35 AM
Review by Mj fan85 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Before Zoloft I was depressed, stressed about everything. The depression got worst once my mom was diagnosed with cancer. I began Zoloft a month ago. I am on 200mg along with Xanax. I haven't had much of an appetite but I am happier and am now able to sleep better. Things don't bother me and if I'm upset I feel no urge to harm myself or cry all the time. I am able to be the wife and mother my family needs me to be. Thank you Zoloft.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 13, 2012 1:30 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I've been taking Zoloft for just over four weeks and it's effects have been dramatic. I was initially prescribed 50mg, which was way too high of a starting dose for an individual with panic disorder. The first few days were awful, as I experienced a dramatic increase in anxiety and feelings of intense dread. I was dropped down to 25mg and given a prescription of Klonopin to hold me through the titration period. I am currently taking 75mg and have noticed a marked improvement in my condition over the past few days. Overall anxiety is significantly decreased, below levels prior to the development of my panic disorder. CBT has been very effective as well in developing a healthier relationship with my anxiety.

December 11, 2012 3:37 PM
Review by seb1960 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I started on 25mg for couple of weeks then went to 50mg. Started having more side effects such as bad headache that lasted for several days. Have kind of numb feeling, don't want to go out and socialize much.

December 10, 2012 8:14 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: On about a week now and feeling like my life is changing. I don't feel like complete garbage everyday, I don't over think everything, and I'm much happier. First day was the worst but then got clonazepam and it made the first period feel MUCH better. Loving it so far!

December 10, 2012 5:47 PM
Review by I love Zoloft: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I started using Zoloft on Wednesday the 5th of December 2012. Todays date is the 8th of Dember 2012. 4 days, it has only taken 4 days for me to feel like a new person. I have been on it before, therefore i know what side effects to expect. Everybody is different but i suffered from loss of appetite, headaches, nausea, a bit dizz, lower back pain, trembling hands. This only lasts for a week or two. I used to cry for no reason (even at work), snap at my partner for stupid things, i was paranoid over everything, socially scared (always wanted to stay home). I haven't cried since being on Zoloft, nor snap at my partner. I am a new person now. I'm so happy and look forward to my new life. 100/100.

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 7, 2012 11:25 PM