User Reviews for Zoloft

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 558 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by kc1234 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Currently on 8th day of 25mg Zoloft. Experiencing Insomina and increased anxiety.

December 4, 2013 3:55 PM

Review by Anndiva (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Zoloft saved my life and my marriage. I am so grateful to the doctor who put me on this 9 weeks ago. A few side effects at start up but that went away in a matter of days and it has been smooth sailing since. Tons of energy, up early, great sleep, and I'm not binge eating. I've even lost 8.5 lbs. I was skeptical at first and hated the fact that I needed medication for anxiety and depression, but I'm really glad I gave it a shot. For now, I will continue on this medication.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2013 7:30 AM

Review by Alice627 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I went through a bad period of depression after a job loss, and I tried Lexapro first for treating it. The Lexapro made me extremely tired all the time so my doctor switched me to Zoloft. Zoloft ended up being much better for me. The main things it has helped me with are getting back to actively participating in life and being able to be more level-headed in stressful situations. The side effects I have had are reduced libido and slightly reduced appetite. Also, the first week or two after I started and after a dosage increase I had more significant side effects, like being more depressed and anxious than usual and being angry. But once I got through that I started feeling better than I had felt in a long time.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2013 3:02 PM

Review by Jamid076 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: This pill is a miracle for me. I've been taking it for about a month now, and within four days my nagging depression, anxiety and paranoia were almost completely eliminated, which I had not expected at all. My Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has also calmed down significantly since taking it, and my overall demeanor has changed from angry and suspicious all the time, to happy and full of energy.

161 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2013 8:43 PM

Review by Brxxke (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: It helps a ton for anxiety. :)

November 21, 2013 10:52 PM

Review by Brxxke:

For Panic Disorder: I have been on Sertraline/Zoloft (on different doses at different times for different occasions) for about 6 years now, and it has helped me a tremendous amount. I highly recommend it.

November 21, 2013 10:46 PM

Review by rob1239:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Been on 50mg for 2 days now (started for a week on 25mg) and now that I take the higher dose my mood is a bit better but my social anxiety it loads better, the feeling of making people laugh is amazing when you are not afraid to speak, although maybe not drink on this? I had 3 drinks and became so upset and depressed.

November 19, 2013 8:15 AM

Review by Lauraaa92:

For Depression: I had Social Anxiety, and depression and some OCD thoughts, but on Zoloft after the first day taking it I had a clear mind, and I feel free and in control of my life. Some side effects though mild for me was feeling tired on the first day only, and not being able to fall asleep at night, but overall no side effects over here. But I am only on Day 2.

November 13, 2013 9:23 AM

Review by goodasnew (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was diagnosed with PMDD and prescribed cyclical Sertraline. I can remember the day I started my period thinking how did that happen without all the stress anger and drama. I aliken it to having gas and air during labour. It just takes the top off the emotion and prevents the explosive outbursts of uncontrollable anger. I honestly thought i just had normal pmt until I saw my doctor, who upon asking me a list of questions, said the only one id replied no to was suicidal thoughts but it probably wouldnt be too long before I got there. Apart from a nasty headache on day 2/3 this drug has literally saved my family life.

November 12, 2013 4:45 AM

Review by Kris Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I highly recommend trying this medicine. I've been suffering with extreme anxiety/ocd for years. Tried lexapro(bad weight gain & didnt feel any different), elavil(did the same as lexapro) and pristiq(made me feel worse). Finally I went to a psychiatrist & he immediately put me on zoloft 25 mg (sertraline) & small dose of xanax (alprazolam). We planned out to slowly iincrease up to 200 mg within a few months. Eventually made it to the max dose 6 months later, along with CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy). I’ve had a few side effects (memory loss, stomach problems) but that's it. I can finally go throughout my days & function. Some days are just crap though, which happens. Changed my life & am so thankful.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2013 1:04 AM

Review by shammy414 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Changed my whole life.

November 10, 2013 2:08 AM

Review by grands (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I am 74 yrs old and have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft once a day for 10 yrs. But I am feeling some depression and my Doc wants to increase to 150 mg per day. I sure hope this works. Also, not sleeping well, only about 4 to 5 hrs each night.

November 5, 2013 5:21 PM

Review by Sally123456 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on this for 3 days now and on the first day I got severe sharp head aches in the back of my head and didn't feel as hungry as normal, second day I wasn't hungry at all and felt a little sick and today I woke up and almost fainted and my vision was blurry and i had a loud ringing in my ears and almost threw up and I've been dizzy all day and barely eaten. The side effects are horrible, but im going to stick with it to see if it works.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2013 12:02 PM

Review by zoloft4unme (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Zoloft has really helped my life a great deal you never understand how much you needed help until you get treatment and be able to see such a better difference in your live but it all starts with you and yes its a journey but its one worth taking

November 3, 2013 9:43 PM

Review by Marta1010101010:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Zoloft has changed my life. I used to feel like I wanted to stop living. I had anxiety with racing thoughts, feeling short of breath, social anxiety, and obsessive bad thoughts. I no longer feel suicidal and my irritability has gotten 100% better. I still get short of breath sometimes and worry about things but overall just feel so much more even keeled. I waited a month before taking it after getting the prescription because I didn't want to take meds and felt like it was a cop out. I'm so happy I decided to give it a try. I haven't gained weight and don't feel like my emotions are dulled. I feel happier and more hopeful. Strongly recommend.

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2013 10:35 AM

Review by Rippedinhalf (taken for less than 1 month):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: After 1 month of losing my girlfriend and her mom in a horrible head on collision and balling my eyes out everyday feeling sooo lost i needed help!! Doctor put me on Zoloft 50mg for the first week to up it to 100mg thereafter... im on day 4 & feel much better already not thinking so much of my loss. The only sides ive felt are slight headache & slight nausea but now i have put down the box of kleenex from crying soooo much & can relax better ...im going to continue to take it cuz the thinking of my loss constantly was nothing less than the worst time of my life .

October 28, 2013 9:57 AM

Review by sashaw:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I am not the same person when I'm off this medication, the difference is nearly night and day. I'm so much happier, I have heaps more confidence, and all in all my life just works better when I'm on it. I only came off it as a trial but I went back on after a month; I don't like the way I am without it I'm irritable, and cry easily and obsess about everything! That has eased up so much and I am generally much happier and more able to get on with my life :)

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2013 10:51 PM

Review by bettermenow (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I've never tried med's because I always assumed I was normal until I was forced by my wife to get help because I couldn't beat this on my own so I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg twice a day and now I feel a lot better.

October 27, 2013 10:04 PM

Review by ahgei (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I'm 20, and on my fifth day on sertraline, and I'm already feeling great! I have generalized anxiety and social anxiety, which had caused me to feel extremely nervous even around close friends and family. I hardly spoke in groups, and people thought that I was just being quiet because I was a quiet person, when really, I was just afraid that my voice would shake and make me look stupid. My first two days on sertraline were a bit tough. I had a presentation which caused me a lot of anxiety, even more than usual (maybe because of the new chemicals in my body). But somehow, my presentation was very successful, and after it was over, I felt so accomplished. Since then I am noticing some fantastic changes. I'm becoming optimistic about my life.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2013 1:00 PM

Review by Framous:

For Depression: I just wanted to say that if you find a medication that works well for you, stay on it! The mistake that I have made and others make far too often is to quit the meds once you feel better. If you feel bad before you find the right med that makes you feel better, then you should keep in mind that it is the med that's working. If it's working, stay on it. If you have been diagnosed. With ADHD or Bipolar, or a combination like many have, it's probably not going away...it's there to stay. I will agree that it sucks being labeled with any mental condition, and I know it's no fun taking meds, especially meds for the head....but if they work, and you need them...stay on them! Life is short, so enjoy it as much as possible!

189 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2013 3:29 PM

Review by MAMA P (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: i never knew what it meant to be manic until i started taking Zoloft. My OCD got worse and I was so jittery, yet felt so high on life nothing could stop me.

October 23, 2013 6:54 PM

For Panic Disorder: Just like you, I was reading these reviews a few months ago when I finally made the decision to give medication a try. I hope this review helps and gives you comfort. I've been on 50 mg for seven weeks now.Started at 25mg for the first seven days. The first two weeks saw a spike in anxiety just like I figured. But I stayed with it, and I'm so glad I did. I had a pretty intense panic attack the first week, but I noticed something: I didn't stress out about having another one like I usually do. By the third week the panic attacks and panicky feelings were pretty much gone. I've also noticed that my mood has lifted, and I can fall asleep much better at night. This is my first ssri, and I really regret not seeking help sooner

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2013 1:40 PM

Review by Feel more positive (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I'm currently 22 and a college student. I began having panic/anxiety attacks in July 2013. I thought I wasn't going to be able to attend class anymore cause I used to have a hard time sitting still. I felt the need to move around but at the same time I felt fatigued. I used to take L-Theanine, which helped some. I then switched to Zoloft, which is currently working good too. I feel more focused. I don't feel like crying for no reason anymore. I don't feel as angry at everyone anymore. Best of all, no apparent jitters--which was the main problem I was aiming at to get rid off. Thanks Zoloft. Now I can get back to focusing on my school work.

October 17, 2013 6:02 PM

Review by Heismighty1970 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: It was prescribed for anxiety & post traumatic stress. It helped with that in addition to my mood. I am set at 150mg. When I first started off, it was 25mg, the first few days were a challenge. But I got over the hump. Now I'm planning to get off of it. I don't want to be dependant on this medicine too long.

October 14, 2013 12:29 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: This worked for me better than: Effexor, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, and Lexapro. The only drawback is it made me gain about 25 lbs when the doctors assured me many people lose weight while taking it. Also it made my muscles a bit tense for the first few weeks, felt the need to clench my jaw and flex my ankles, but that got better as time went on. Definitely the best mood elevator. Also changed my sleeping pattern, I would wake up really early feeling ready to go which was nice, no urge to sleep in, but drawback was sometimes I had trouble sleeping through the night.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2013 12:56 AM