User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 482 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I have been on Zoloft 100MG for the last 3 years. It has been a life saver for me. Before Zoloft everyone kept telling me I was depressed and experiencing anxiety. I didn't believe them. I thought that was just me. Then at my doctors strong recommendation I started with the Zoloft. It did make me tired at first but I continued to take it and am so glad I did. I no longer have crying spells or lay in bed not wanting to get up. I no longer freak out(as my kids would say) or obsess about small things that really didn't matter. I no longer have a short fuse. I am calm, relaxed, nice, and very happy. I cannot imagine my life without Zoloft. Zoloft has made me a much better mom and person.

261 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2013 9:19 AM

Review by Ms.Anonymous:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, and Obsessive Compulsive disorder. It has been seven months since I began taking it. I have been taking 50mg on weekdays, as it does not seem to change the effect of the medication despite what my psychiatrist has said. I feel as if it does significantly improves my anxiety, although I do have bad days. It has not seemed to significantly improve anything else; my Depression and OCD may have actually gotten worse.

April 17, 2013 9:12 PM

Review by JcM2012:

For Depression: I had no noticeable negative side effects, and was able to function in a normal way without feeling like it was forced.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2013 12:00 PM

Review by JONES R JR:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I am a vet with post traumatic stress disorder. My dr. Just put me on 25mg sertraline. My first night of taking the pill I could not sleep. I'll have to wait and see any other effects.

April 9, 2013 11:55 AM

Review by Meyla:

For Depression: This worked in the way that it got me back on track and made me feel like my old bubbly self. My social skills improved because I love talking to people now. I'm generally happier. Low days are few and far between. Confidence improved and my obsessive thoughts almost ceased completely. Did not experience weight gain. No real side effects I report. This medication helps to get your mind sorted and the rest is up to you to work on yourself.

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2013 6:59 AM

Review by works for me! (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I've suffered from Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder for about 5 years. I tried Seasonique for two years and thought it was working, but every time I had blood work done my markers for heart disease were off the charts. It was so strange and no one could figure out why. I also gained A LOT of weight. I stopped taking the Seasonique and went on the 50 mg Zoloft which I take from day 7 until I menstruate. It has changed my life. Before, I felt like abandoning my entire life and felt so guilty that I couldn't enjoy my children at all. But now I'm able to get perspective on things. I don't rage and I'm able to manage my PMDD. I would recommend it to anyone suffering. It's the only thing I take now and my blood work is all normal.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2013 4:25 PM

Review by live life:

For Panic Disorder: After a heat stroke, I would have random, uncontrollable cry spells- sometimes for hours. Also developed horrible anxiety. I always had knots in my stomach, and sometimes in public I would suffer "fight or flight." It was just exhausting. I tried Celexa 20 mg, and that made me cry MORE. So, a few months later I tried Zoloft. On 50 mg and it's been only 6 days. I feel more at ease, better when I wake up, and sleep better! Easier to go to work. Have the courage to try this, it seems like it is turning my life around for the better! Only side effect I have had is diarrhea but it it is a small price to pay for happiness, trust me.

April 3, 2013 4:00 PM

Review by Was skeptical!:

After having a baby my anxiety increased dramatically. Anxiety attacks all the time. Didn't want to be around people and was super paranoid about flu season and the baby. Terrible moods and could go from ok to angry in minutes. I would have panic attacks if I had to leave the baby and was extra particular about cleaning and routine, to the point of ridiculousness. I have been on 25mg of Zoloft for 1 month and I can finally relax! My mood has improved greatly. I've been able to go to work, socialize,and grocery shop. Zoloft has not helped with sleep. Even on 0.5mg of clonazepam at night, it still takes me hours to fall asleep. Having vivid dreams/nightmares and restless sleep. Hope those stop because I feel like myself again taking the Zoloft.

April 2, 2013 10:23 AM

Review by Kat64 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I was on Zoloft for about 5 years. Before that I was on Effexor and Paxil which I did not tolerate well due to the half life. Zoloft was good but after several years I developed side effects. Tremor, jaw clenching, weight gain, sexual dysfunction...I weaned myself off of all meds which was really hard. It's been nearly a year and I'm ready to go back on something. I've tried natural therapies for SADD, PMDD, depression, anxiety and it's not working.

March 24, 2013 2:20 PM

Review by J bird (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I was on Zoloft years 9 years ago for social anxiety and it worked great for me. I decided to get off it but slowly all my symptoms came back. Also got very depressed. Got back in Zoloft 7 months ago and I feel great again. I did have to get a night guard from my dentist. I chipped two from teeth and cracked a molar from grinding my teeth. 200mg daily.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2013 7:17 AM

Review by Che Guebuddha (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic attack, aggression, paranoia. I started with Sertraline a few month ago 100mg. Before that I used Citalopram for a year 30mg which caused head pressure so I wanted to stop with it. 100mg Sertraline made me and zombie like, low concentration so after two months I lowered it to 50mg day. My aggression came back but I had more concentration and willing to get out of the house. At one stage I felt like this medicines is not helping so I decided to quit and I began to take 1/3 of the 100mg tablet a day (approx 35mg). I've read that one is never to go cold turkey with SSRI's (side effects). My paranoia came back with vengeance! So I went back to 50mg and paranoia went away. I think I will try 100mg again.

March 17, 2013 9:35 AM

Review by karmann79:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have been suffering from anxiety for at least 15 years on and off due to being in a high pressure corporate role, coming to terms with my sexuality and 4 hectic years due to several life changes both personally and professionally. I decided 2 years ago enough was enough and tried Effexor for 12 months for my anxiety, it worked but I was in a haze all the time and it was horrendous to get off that stuff. I then had to go onto Lexapro which was a nightmare to get on and while it did work well and my anxiety stopped I still felt medicated. I then tapered off Lexapro, for 5 months unmedicated and was feeling okay then my anxiety came back worse. I am now on day 3 of Zoloft and I feel better with no bad side effects. Fingers crossed.

March 12, 2013 9:54 PM

Review by Blossomangel:

For Depression: This medication has turned me around and I had none of the side effects. I initially requested it from my doctor because, whilst I did not really have any problems, I had a negative outlook despite trying to be positive and I was not enjoying 'life' at all. It has really helped with all this and as an added bonus I feel that I have more energy. I went back to my doctor and said "We hit the nail on the head". Previously I was looking for the magic vitamin pill to help reduce my stress and increase my energy levels. I tried vitamin B, Iron, and multivitamins to no avail. I no longer feel the need to take any vitamins at all. I'll continue to take this as needed and have no reservations about taking anti-depressants.

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2013 5:26 AM

Review by AnxietyIsBad (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have struggled with anxiety for years, and I've improved Obsessive Compulsive Ddisorder in a way that would increase my quality of life. I've been taking 50 to 250 milligrams Zoloft for the course of almost 7 years, and I've been getting 5 to 8 hours of sleep everyday. I was getting from C's and D's in school, to mostly A's and B's, and my memory was becoming crystal clear. When I've decided to go down to 25mg, I've began to experience more anxiety, more depression, more insomnia, more OCD-like symptoms. Even if I had a good day under 25mg of Zoloft, I wasn't confident about myself and didn't like the person that I was becoming. I'm telling you, this medication does work to treat your anxiety, it's just it takes time to work.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2013 5:32 PM

Review by Justtoostubborn:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have suffered from obsessive compulsive disorder and generalized anxiety for years. Anxiety, depression and bipolar run in my family and for some reason I have been hesitant to get on medication. I have a very stressful job and am currently in graduate school...and finally decided enough is enough. I have been on Zoloft for 2 days and I can already tell a difference. The tightness in my chest is gone from chronic stress and I feel happier. I am kicking myself for not getting on this medication earlier.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2013 10:03 PM

Review by SeaTurtle16:

For Depression: I have suffered from depression for about six years now. I am a female and about to turn 22. I was put on Zoloft because I recently began to experience severe anxiety over little things. Walking around campus terrified me. I couldn't go through drive-thru's or phone someone I didn't know. My mood swings were becoming ridiculous and I had been having more obsessive suicidal thoughts. I started Zoloft 50mg and everything was wonderful for a month then it wore off. I slipped back into severe depression. I just started taking 100mg and feel so much better! The only side effect I have experienced are a little insomnia, slight loss of appetite, random hand twitching, and some forgetfulness. I finally enjoy life and don't want to just give up.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2013 8:57 AM

Review by Shull (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have now been on this medication for 6 days and I'm seeing a terrific change not 100% yet but it's giving me light and life back again. I am loving this change I didn't think I was helpable. I thought I was too far gone but slowly am making a come back.

February 21, 2013 6:29 AM

Review by Pyjamas:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: After being diagnosed with PMS my doctor prescribed Sertraline on a cyclical basis. I take the tablets two weeks before my period and I can honestly say they have saved my life. I remember being so shocked when my period started for the first time on them because I hadn't had any of that awful build up of anger, depression and frustration. It was like a lead weight had lifted off my shoulders. I felt normal again.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2013 2:48 AM

Review by Mothman454 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Very good experience with Zoloft. My Dr prescribed vitamin D for my dead sex drive, but I'm not waiting for that to improve.

February 15, 2013 6:33 PM

Review by Anonbf:

For Depression: My boyfriend of a year started on Zoloft 5 months ago, after trying many antidepressants. He totally lost his sex drive, and it changed his personality completely. He was no longer romantically interested in me and left me after 4 months on Zoloft. We would only reconcile on days when he didn't take his medicines. He recently switched and I hope the new medicine is an improvement.

February 13, 2013 11:14 PM

Review by Lisa T. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was on Lexapro for almost 5 years for depression, but told my Doctor about the extreme anger, anxiety and more depression I had been having, so she immediately switched to Zoloft. It's now been two months on Zoloft, and zero PMDD symptoms. My family is so glad I found this medication!

February 3, 2013 8:53 PM

Review by Taelor (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I started these pills when I was 12 for anxiety and depression and now I am 19. They work, that is to say I'm not suicidal and I can function in society, but I have certainly had side effects. No sex drive and cannot orgasm, terrible nausea and headaches, jaw clenching, vivid nightmares, and mood swings. It is definitely a give and take medicine if you can live with the effects.

February 3, 2013 1:41 AM

Review by cynthnrth (taken for less than 1 month):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I first used Zoloft in 1999 for post traumatic stress disorder. At that time I was on 50mg, it allowed me to function very well. Now I am being treated for Major Depression, Anxiety, and PTSD. I started 50 mg 7 days ago, today I am to up my dose to 100 mg. The only side effect I have noticed is tiredness so far. The one benefit is I have not cried everyday which is a triumph as I had been doing that on a daily basis several times per day. Still am anxious about large crowds and overly watchful of my surroundings. I will post again after my check up with my progress the end of February. Good luck to you and I wish you recovery, we all need that.

January 31, 2013 12:46 PM

Review by DHH (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I can remember being on this for just two months last year. What did improve while I was taking it was my concentration--I started reading every book in sight. I stopped taking the Zoloft because I thought it made me sick to my stomach and also gave me tics. I guess I should have waited out the side effects because I thought my ability to read was fantastic.

January 30, 2013 11:43 PM

Review by moww:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have OCD/general anxiety and depression as a result. I was considered a very severe case. A few months after the worst time in my life, I am happy and healthy. I am managing anxiety/OCD a lot better and I have VERY rare bad days. I have been taking Zoloft with therapy for a little over six months. I experienced about a week of side effects (nausea, increased anxiety, fatigue) but over quickly. I get away with taking 50 mg. Apparently the most common side effects are weight gain and loss of interest in sex. I am happy to say I am experiencing NEITHER! I gained a little bit of weight (5-10 lbs) in the last few months, but I lost about 30 lbs before Zoloft due to anxiety-linked anorexia. Now without depression/OCD, I finally have my sex drive!

January 30, 2013 6:14 PM