User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 490 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by Dirty Hanky:

For Depression: I have been taking Zoloft for 10 years. I take 100 mg daily. I have found that all of my symptoms have diminished. In times real stress, I take an extra pill. All I can say is that none of the previous drugs I took helped me at all. I have depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. At age 59 I still react to anything that sounds like gunfire. I spent 33 years working for the government, 2 in the Army the rest in law enforcement. I have found that I have no issues to deal with. I did once while out of the country lose my prescription while backpacking. It was horrible for me and my two friends. I take my pill in the evening before bed. No side effects at all. I found Zoloft to be a God send for me.

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2013 3:22 PM

Review by YourVeryOwnConstellation (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I was on 150 mg Zoloft for about 2 years. It worked fairly well at combating my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and depression however, it gave me horrible insomnia/nausea. I probably would've given it a seven if it weren't for the side effects. They're just something that everyone who takes it should be aware of.

May 13, 2013 10:38 AM

Review by Tiffany0001:

For Panic Disorder: Anxiety hit following 18 months of anger/grief. I was 36 years old and over a period of just 1 months anxiety spiralled out of control - developing a fear of driving and being alone - nearing not leaving the house. Shrink prescribed Zoloft, the first week was bad. I remember massive weight loss, insomnia and excessive yawning. These side effects soon disappeared and six weeks later this miracle pill started to kick in. Started on 12.5mg and have slowly increased over nine months to 175mg. Now 1 yr later returning back to normal, anxiety did get worse at every increase of dose before getting better. Give it time it will work. Exercise and CBT also helps heaps.

May 12, 2013 5:38 PM

Review by ky man (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I take 50 mg of Zoloft and 3 x 2mg Xanax a day and 1 Adderall XR 30mg. I was so depressed at one time before I got on these medicines.

May 10, 2013 4:56 PM

Review by Kristy Farrellbon:

For Depression: My fiance and I broke up, which made me depressed. 3 weeks later, my mother passed away. I couldn't stop crying. A hospital was testing anti-depressants on me. We decided that Zoloft worked best on me. It made it easier to cope & I finally stopped crying. Eventually I was able to get back to my normal life. I took it for about 2 months.If it makes you tired, take it before bed, which I did. I believe it saved my life.

161 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2013 3:28 PM

Review by Kay1546:

For Panic Disorder: I am 21 years old, and a senior in college. I told myself that if I had a good experience on Zoloft I would share it. I have been on it for almost two months now. I started at 25mg and I am not on 50mg. I couldn't even sit through class without feeling like I was going to have a panic attack, and I could barely go out in public. I am on 1mg Klonopin twice a day (have been for a year). Zoloft worked WONDERS for me! I was suicidal as well and had crazy obsessive thoughts. Those have been completely diminished. I have tried other anti-depressants, and they made me feel gloomy. However, Zoloft has done the opposite for me and has brought me back to my old self! I had minimal side effects, and I am completely adjusted now. Thank you Zoloft!

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2013 8:12 PM

Review by RD829:

For Depression: I was addicted to opiates for years and when I went to treatment and came off of them was diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorders. Zoloft has really helped with anxiety and depression. No urges to abuse opiates, a general good mood (it's not a euphoric thing, just a normal human feeling). Only when I began taking it did I have side effects, and they were very mild. I felt overstimulated for a day or two and maybe had a few heart flutter feelings but after a few days no side effects and after a week or two no depression.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2013 10:59 AM

Review by twittyanne (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have been on antidepressants since I was 23. I started on Paxil which made me a zombie and felt suicidal. Then switched to Effexor which worked for a while but made me have unconscious behaviors alot. I have now been on Zoloft for almost a year and I feel clear headed, not as reactive or erratic. I do have headaches and trouble sleeping off and low sex drive. Overall better Life on daily basis. I feel happier.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2013 3:29 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I have been on Zoloft 100MG for the last 3 years. It has been a life saver for me. Before Zoloft everyone kept telling me I was depressed and experiencing anxiety. I didn't believe them. I thought that was just me. Then at my doctors strong recommendation I started with the Zoloft. It did make me tired at first but I continued to take it and am so glad I did. I no longer have crying spells or lay in bed not wanting to get up. I no longer freak out(as my kids would say) or obsess about small things that really didn't matter. I no longer have a short fuse. I am calm, relaxed, nice, and very happy. I cannot imagine my life without Zoloft. Zoloft has made me a much better mom and person.

269 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2013 9:19 AM

Review by Ms.Anonymous:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, and Obsessive Compulsive disorder. It has been seven months since I began taking it. I have been taking 50mg on weekdays, as it does not seem to change the effect of the medication despite what my psychiatrist has said. I feel as if it does significantly improves my anxiety, although I do have bad days. It has not seemed to significantly improve anything else; my Depression and OCD may have actually gotten worse.

April 17, 2013 9:12 PM

Review by JcM2012:

For Depression: I had no noticeable negative side effects, and was able to function in a normal way without feeling like it was forced.

April 15, 2013 12:00 PM

Review by JONES R JR:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I am a vet with post traumatic stress disorder. My dr. Just put me on 25mg sertraline. My first night of taking the pill I could not sleep. I'll have to wait and see any other effects.

April 9, 2013 11:55 AM

Review by Meyla:

For Depression: This worked in the way that it got me back on track and made me feel like my old bubbly self. My social skills improved because I love talking to people now. I'm generally happier. Low days are few and far between. Confidence improved and my obsessive thoughts almost ceased completely. Did not experience weight gain. No real side effects I report. This medication helps to get your mind sorted and the rest is up to you to work on yourself.

163 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2013 6:59 AM

Review by works for me! (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I've suffered from Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder for about 5 years. I tried Seasonique for two years and thought it was working, but every time I had blood work done my markers for heart disease were off the charts. It was so strange and no one could figure out why. I also gained A LOT of weight. I stopped taking the Seasonique and went on the 50 mg Zoloft which I take from day 7 until I menstruate. It has changed my life. Before, I felt like abandoning my entire life and felt so guilty that I couldn't enjoy my children at all. But now I'm able to get perspective on things. I don't rage and I'm able to manage my PMDD. I would recommend it to anyone suffering. It's the only thing I take now and my blood work is all normal.

April 6, 2013 4:25 PM

Review by live life:

For Panic Disorder: After a heat stroke, I would have random, uncontrollable cry spells- sometimes for hours. Also developed horrible anxiety. I always had knots in my stomach, and sometimes in public I would suffer "fight or flight." It was just exhausting. I tried Celexa 20 mg, and that made me cry MORE. So, a few months later I tried Zoloft. On 50 mg and it's been only 6 days. I feel more at ease, better when I wake up, and sleep better! Easier to go to work. Have the courage to try this, it seems like it is turning my life around for the better! Only side effect I have had is diarrhea but it it is a small price to pay for happiness, trust me.

April 3, 2013 4:00 PM

Review by Was skeptical!:

After having a baby my anxiety increased dramatically. Anxiety attacks all the time. Didn't want to be around people and was super paranoid about flu season and the baby. Terrible moods and could go from ok to angry in minutes. I would have panic attacks if I had to leave the baby and was extra particular about cleaning and routine, to the point of ridiculousness. I have been on 25mg of Zoloft for 1 month and I can finally relax! My mood has improved greatly. I've been able to go to work, socialize,and grocery shop. Zoloft has not helped with sleep. Even on 0.5mg of clonazepam at night, it still takes me hours to fall asleep. Having vivid dreams/nightmares and restless sleep. Hope those stop because I feel like myself again taking the Zoloft.

April 2, 2013 10:23 AM

Review by Kat64 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I was on Zoloft for about 5 years. Before that I was on Effexor and Paxil which I did not tolerate well due to the half life. Zoloft was good but after several years I developed side effects. Tremor, jaw clenching, weight gain, sexual dysfunction...I weaned myself off of all meds which was really hard. It's been nearly a year and I'm ready to go back on something. I've tried natural therapies for SADD, PMDD, depression, anxiety and it's not working.

March 24, 2013 2:20 PM

Review by J bird (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I was on Zoloft years 9 years ago for social anxiety and it worked great for me. I decided to get off it but slowly all my symptoms came back. Also got very depressed. Got back in Zoloft 7 months ago and I feel great again. I did have to get a night guard from my dentist. I chipped two from teeth and cracked a molar from grinding my teeth. 200mg daily.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2013 7:17 AM

Review by Che Guebuddha (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic attack, aggression, paranoia. I started with Sertraline a few month ago 100mg. Before that I used Citalopram for a year 30mg which caused head pressure so I wanted to stop with it. 100mg Sertraline made me and zombie like, low concentration so after two months I lowered it to 50mg day. My aggression came back but I had more concentration and willing to get out of the house. At one stage I felt like this medicines is not helping so I decided to quit and I began to take 1/3 of the 100mg tablet a day (approx 35mg). I've read that one is never to go cold turkey with SSRI's (side effects). My paranoia came back with vengeance! So I went back to 50mg and paranoia went away. I think I will try 100mg again.

March 17, 2013 9:35 AM

Review by karmann79:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have been suffering from anxiety for at least 15 years on and off due to being in a high pressure corporate role, coming to terms with my sexuality and 4 hectic years due to several life changes both personally and professionally. I decided 2 years ago enough was enough and tried Effexor for 12 months for my anxiety, it worked but I was in a haze all the time and it was horrendous to get off that stuff. I then had to go onto Lexapro which was a nightmare to get on and while it did work well and my anxiety stopped I still felt medicated. I then tapered off Lexapro, for 5 months unmedicated and was feeling okay then my anxiety came back worse. I am now on day 3 of Zoloft and I feel better with no bad side effects. Fingers crossed.

March 12, 2013 9:54 PM

Review by Blossomangel:

For Depression: This medication has turned me around and I had none of the side effects. I initially requested it from my doctor because, whilst I did not really have any problems, I had a negative outlook despite trying to be positive and I was not enjoying 'life' at all. It has really helped with all this and as an added bonus I feel that I have more energy. I went back to my doctor and said "We hit the nail on the head". Previously I was looking for the magic vitamin pill to help reduce my stress and increase my energy levels. I tried vitamin B, Iron, and multivitamins to no avail. I no longer feel the need to take any vitamins at all. I'll continue to take this as needed and have no reservations about taking anti-depressants.

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2013 5:26 AM

Review by AnxietyIsBad (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have struggled with anxiety for years, and I've improved Obsessive Compulsive Ddisorder in a way that would increase my quality of life. I've been taking 50 to 250 milligrams Zoloft for the course of almost 7 years, and I've been getting 5 to 8 hours of sleep everyday. I was getting from C's and D's in school, to mostly A's and B's, and my memory was becoming crystal clear. When I've decided to go down to 25mg, I've began to experience more anxiety, more depression, more insomnia, more OCD-like symptoms. Even if I had a good day under 25mg of Zoloft, I wasn't confident about myself and didn't like the person that I was becoming. I'm telling you, this medication does work to treat your anxiety, it's just it takes time to work.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2013 5:32 PM

Review by Justtoostubborn:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have suffered from obsessive compulsive disorder and generalized anxiety for years. Anxiety, depression and bipolar run in my family and for some reason I have been hesitant to get on medication. I have a very stressful job and am currently in graduate school...and finally decided enough is enough. I have been on Zoloft for 2 days and I can already tell a difference. The tightness in my chest is gone from chronic stress and I feel happier. I am kicking myself for not getting on this medication earlier.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2013 10:03 PM

Review by SeaTurtle16:

For Depression: I have suffered from depression for about six years now. I am a female and about to turn 22. I was put on Zoloft because I recently began to experience severe anxiety over little things. Walking around campus terrified me. I couldn't go through drive-thru's or phone someone I didn't know. My mood swings were becoming ridiculous and I had been having more obsessive suicidal thoughts. I started Zoloft 50mg and everything was wonderful for a month then it wore off. I slipped back into severe depression. I just started taking 100mg and feel so much better! The only side effect I have experienced are a little insomnia, slight loss of appetite, random hand twitching, and some forgetfulness. I finally enjoy life and don't want to just give up.

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2013 8:57 AM

Review by Shull (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have now been on this medication for 6 days and I'm seeing a terrific change not 100% yet but it's giving me light and life back again. I am loving this change I didn't think I was helpable. I thought I was too far gone but slowly am making a come back.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2013 6:29 AM