User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 6)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Postpartum Depression 11 reviews 7 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 789 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zoloft

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking 50mg of Zoloft for a month now. At first I was nauseous everyday and wanted to stop so bad. I stayed with it and I can really feel a difference. I seem to be able to think more clearly and just in a better mood altogether. I have suffered from major depressive and extreme anxiety disorder since about the age of 13. I'm almost 32 now and for once I actually feel good. This speaks in volumes for those that know me. I'm not sure if I will need to increase the dosage ever but for now the 50mg seems to be the magic happy pill I've been looking for my whole life. Also I may be one of the few but it seems to have increased my sex drive. Weird huh!"

Nicoola October 11, 2015

For Panic Disorder "My Dr. started me on 50mg then slowly went up to 100 then 150 and now 200 mg within 3 months. I had anxiety for about 15 years and didn't realize I was that bad. My general practioner had me on Ativan and I have been on that for a good 10 years. I thought that was the end all/be all because it took away the panic for the time being - instant fix. I'm 42 years old, like to excerise, working mom with a full life and I hated having panic attacks at the mall, small spaces, etc. I really thought I would always be that way and just had to deal with it but honestly the Zoloft saved me. It makes you so positive and you don't focus on the stuff that would bring on anxiety. I wished I would've had this long before now. Give it time.. it WILL work"

Lamb72 October 9, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression "Zoloft saved my life after having post natal Anxiety after the birth of each of my children. I had severe anxiety, panic attacks and insomnia which led to depression. I was fearful about being alone.I was hospitalised for 8-12 weeks each time. Anxiety and depression is heightened when you first start this medication so Don't give up on it Give it a chance to work It took at least 8-10 weeks to start feeling like my self again then 12 weeks for symptoms to disappear. Don't be afraid to take a sedative at the start to ease the bumpy side effects. Stick it out. It will be worth it in the long run. I frantically googled reviews on here just like you so wanted to write my story to encourage another mum experiencing similar symptom"

Christina-G October 9, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Growing up I always exhibited symptoms of OCD, however, my mother didn't believe that medication was the best route at a young age. I respected her decision throughout adolescence and tried to cope with my OCD on my own, using different vitamins such as b complex, etc. I met the love of my life last year and everything was wonderful until my relationship OCD kicked in with a vengeance. It almost ruined my relationship and my life, but I decided to seek professional help. My psychiatrist started me on Zoloft in June and I cannot express how much my life has changed because of it. I am a kinder person, and I can focus on the people and things I love, instead of constantly worrying about my health, relationship, etc. I highly recommend it!"

Elise.12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've struggled with social anxiety for almost 20 years and have tried Paxil, Celexa, counseling and therapy, with little to no results. I've been on Zoloft for over 2 months now and it's changed my life!! It's a miracle drug-- I've been lucky to have no side effects. If only I would've had this 20 years ago. I usually blush easily and had a hard time talking to people but not with this! I feel like I can finally be myself."

333Anonymous333 October 3, 2015

For Depression "This medication worked great for the situational issue I had been in but the withdrawl side effects that you're not told about were not worth it. I tried tapering off of it very SLOWLY 5 or 6 times and failed every time because the withdraw side effects were that terrible. I eventually got off of 100mg and it took about 2-3 months. I used a nail file to taper my doses with an astronomically high amount of B12 and Omega fish oils. I recommend seeing an Iridologist before going to a doctor for meds."

Ashx September 29, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I promised myself I'd come back to this site and share my experience since it has helped me so much. About four months ago I had my first panic attack, a week after a very serious surgery, my doctor suggested it was from the anesthesia. Went two weeks without another one, then boom, full blown panic disorder. I thought I was losing my mind, I had to drop out of school and take off work. Went to see a psych who gave me Zoloft, started on 25mg (2weeks) then 50mg where I'm at now. I've been at the full dose for 2 months now and I finally feel "that switch" that people talk about go off. The side effects? HORRIBLE. If I didn't need to stick with it I wouldn't have. Headaches, insomnia, palpitations, excessive yawning. They go away."

Britt_any September 29, 2015

For Postpartum Depression "I started taking zoloft the other day. I only took 2 days worth and at first I just felt out of it and I heard that was common but then I started having even worse panic attacks and trouble sleeping. In the middle of the night the second night I starting having mild hallucinations. Things were moving and just looking weird and I had to wakeup my fianc"

Midnightbeauty (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on 200mg Zoloft daily for the last 6 years and finally have a manageable, stable life, a positive attitude, I'm creative, no depression at all...My craving for alcohol disappeared after 20 years of drinking...I'm a whole new man, thank you! My mother is happy to have her son back..."

Glenn 49 years old September 28, 2015

For Depression "Worst experience I've ever had on any medication. My doctor started me on a small dose. Within 30 minutes of taking it, I felt a buzzing in my head and a fuzzy, numb feeling. Then, about an hour later, the really bad side effects kicked in. My heart started racing and feeling like it was going to explode. I started hearing voices. I felt so bad I almost called 911 -- I couldn't even stand up or lay down -- just laid propped up on the couch for about 24 hours until the effects started wearing off. It was the scariest experience I've ever had and made me afraid to take any other anti-depressant."

F.J.W. September 27, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I suffer from PTSD and Panic Disorder. I have given Zoloft a good 3 months. I started at 25mg and worked up to 150mg. Although it did seem like it took the edge off my suffering temporarily, my body seemed to be fighting the medication the whole time. At 50mg I suffered panic attacks that were much more severe than the ones I had prior to the medication. I found some tranquility at 100mg for a week, then my PCP put me at 150mg to see if things improved. They did not improve. I experienced increased agitation, tremors, shaking like my body was in fear, yet I was not, sweating, then hot flashes. My blood pressure skyrocketed. My PCP referred me to a psychiatrist who put me back at 100mg. Symptoms subsided, but after a week it became clear my body was rejecting the medication altogether. Yesterday I was on Zoloft, having hot flashes, sweating, severe panic attacks, racing heartbeat, and high blood pressure. Today, I am on 10mg of Lexapro and my blood pressure is fantastic. I have not had a panic attack all day. Sure, it's only been a day and my body may react differently after taking it for awhile, but it has been a welcome change from the Zoloft. I wished I had asked for a change sooner, but I have never been on antidepressants before."

Not as crazy as the meds make (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I can feel the change I can do so much without getting anxious"

whackadoddle September 25, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "The best anti depressant I have tried. Have also used citalopram, fluoxetine and mirtazapine but this is the best! Least side affects, feeling happy and normal again and still have energy! Love it."

Cazcatson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I'm rating it a 5 for now because I took it 10 years ago with no problems. I started on 25mg then. This time they started me on 50 so maybe it is the dose. I took it last night and I have had one continuous panic attack. Tremors. Insomnia. Sick to my stomach. A hot sensation that comes over my body. I'm a mess. Waiting on Dr to call me, so if I decide to stay on it I will leave another review. 10 years ago when I took it, it just made me emotionless but I was also going through a lot. I lost a bunch of weight with it too. However, I had 0 side effects."

LilGrizz September 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on an effective dose (100mg or higher) for over half a year and I haven't seen any effects. My doctor first had me on lexapro, which made me nauseous, so we decided to switch to zoloft. When I first started zoloft, it gave me headaches for the first week or so, but aside from that I experienced no negative side effects. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced any positive effects either. I'm on zoloft for social anxiety and mild to moderate depression. The only other effect I've noticed is more vivid dreams. So while I'm glad that zoloft had very minimal side-effects (headaches), this just didn't work for me. I was on 100mg a day for about two months, then 150, and finally 200. I saw no change/improvement in anxiety or depression."

Alex8655 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "After trying a few SSRIs that didn't work (Paxil, Lexapro) and a very bad stint with Remeron (ended up collapsing one night on my 3rd week, all the while my sleep was getting worse). Withdrawals from Remeron put me in a black hole. I nearly gave up. Started Zoloft and Ativan 1mg for sleep. Headaches, dizziness, and exhaustion for several weeks (could also be the underlying depression) but I finally got stable enough to leave my parents house and get my life together. Medication didn't really help my sleep (no antidepressant has) but it did help my social and general anxiety. Marked somnolence and felt very apathetic on it. No lows, but no highs. Helped GAD/SAD but not depression. I'm sensitive to meds and I tolerated this one well."

Brett84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft changed my life, however I have been on it for 20 years and it is not working so well anymore."

Coop25 September 5, 2015

For Panic Disorder "June 2015 I was in an accident as a passenger and I developed a fear of driving, and my PTSD was triggered. I've been diagnosed prior to the accident with GAD, Bipolar, Panic Disorder, Depression and PTSD. After a month of panic attacks my psych prescribed me Zoloft 50mg, I had terrible side effects. Mine were heightened because I was on an SSRI months before. I felt uneasy when I'd take the medication so I was put on Lamictal 50mg (will go to 100mg). Panic attacks were gone by the third week, and side effects were gone by the fourth week. All I can say is if you doubt the medication is working, ride it out. I second guessed this medicine because of how bad my side effects were, I'm in the fifth week of taking it and I feel amazing."

GetsWorseBeforeItGetsBetter September 4, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft has helped with my anxiety and pms. Just think twice about going on something like this unless you really need it. I tried going off of it once and was absolutely nauseous for 8 months straight, I could barely eat. I thought it would get better but ultimately I had to go back on zoloft then my symptoms subsided. So just a wholistic route before started on these types of medication."

Betsk25 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2015

For Depression "I've suffered with anxiety for years but finally came to a head a few years ago. Had some personal family issues that became overwhelming. I was always mad, sad, frustrated, you name it and that was me. My brain could not stop thinking about my problems. It was very tiring. I finally went to the doctor and he prescribed Zolft 25 mg. For the first few days I felt like brain waves going on in my head but no big deal. Within 2 weeks I started feeling happy! A few months later the doctor put me up to 50 mg. I felt the brain waves again for about 48 hours and then stopped. I've been on Zolft for about one year. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. Oh I can still get mad or sad but not as severe or for as long."

L.R. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2015

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "in the year 1997 I was suffering form severe depression. Was put on 100mg of Zoloft and Busperone. I am taking zoloft now for eighteen years. Busperone for fifteen years. I am now off Busperone. Afraid to go off zoloft, don't ever want to go through what I went through for many years. I was on zoloft for 18 years, I have now droped down to 50mg. Plan to go on 25mg soon."

snowremoveal (taken for 10 years or more) August 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "This med worked for me years ago but this time after taking it for 2 days I'm worse (50 mg). Bad headache, stomach upset, and anxiety. My pharmacy switched generics & that also could be part of the problem. I am a mental wreck & a shell of my former self. I really just want to stay in bed all day. I don't have a psych just a GP. I also have horrible OCD & every decision I make I feel is wrong. I have refills left on my Celexa & that worked a little better but didn't do the trick. I asked my GP for Wellbutrin at my last visit & for some reason she didn't want to give it to me."

wannabbetter (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I just started taking this medication for anxiety and panic disorder it seems to be helping already but I'm only on 25 milligrams going to up it to 50 tonight I hope it works if anyone can give me feedback I would appreciate it"

Aball August 19, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Okay I know these meds are supposed to help people but I have been on a train to hell with these dang antidepressants! Zoloft....ICK!!!! My god in heaven I was sick for eight weeks on this stuff!! It never went away in fact the longer I was on it the sicker I seemed to get. I lost five pounds and just the sight or thought of food made me want to throw up! It made me feel even more depressed the whole time I was on it...I felt like a zombie, I was tired ALL of the time. Finally I threw I away. My husband decided he wanted to give it a shot so he went to the Dr to get a prescription for it. 8 weeks later he was worse!"

queenbee2278 August 17, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Hello all! I started zoloft 4 years ago (at age 22) for GAD/panic. The first 3/5 weeks I wanted to die from the side effects- extreme nausea, lack of appitite (lost 15 lbs on my 125lb frame) cold sweats, anxiety increase, insomnia, and feeling overall HOPELESS! I started on 50 mg and increased to a therapeutic level of 100mg. Over the last 4 years I have been on top of the world traveling, camping, building a home and have slowly decreased my zoloft to 12.5mg a day for the past year. 3 weeks ago I got lazy about taking my medicine and didn't take it for 3 or 4 days in a row, then remembered and started taking it again. 2 days later it was like I was starting from square 1(all the same effects) Don't fix what isn't broken-don't stop zoloft"

marie91011 August 14, 2015