User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 6)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Postpartum Depression 11 reviews 7 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 777 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder "The best anti depressant I have tried. Have also used citalopram, fluoxetine and mirtazapine but this is the best! Least side affects, feeling happy and normal again and still have energy! Love it."

Cazcatson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I'm rating it a 5 for now because I took it 10 years ago with no problems. I started on 25mg then. This time they started me on 50 so maybe it is the dose. I took it last night and I have had one continuous panic attack. Tremors. Insomnia. Sick to my stomach. A hot sensation that comes over my body. I'm a mess. Waiting on Dr to call me, so if I decide to stay on it I will leave another review. 10 years ago when I took it, it just made me emotionless but I was also going through a lot. I lost a bunch of weight with it too. However, I had 0 side effects."

LilGrizz September 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on an effective dose (100mg or higher) for over half a year and I haven't seen any effects. My doctor first had me on lexapro, which made me nauseous, so we decided to switch to zoloft. When I first started zoloft, it gave me headaches for the first week or so, but aside from that I experienced no negative side effects. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced any positive effects either. I'm on zoloft for social anxiety and mild to moderate depression. The only other effect I've noticed is more vivid dreams. So while I'm glad that zoloft had very minimal side-effects (headaches), this just didn't work for me. I was on 100mg a day for about two months, then 150, and finally 200. I saw no change/improvement in anxiety or depression."

Alex8655 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "After trying a few SSRIs that didn't work (Paxil, Lexapro) and a very bad stint with Remeron (ended up collapsing one night on my 3rd week, all the while my sleep was getting worse). Withdrawals from Remeron put me in a black hole. I nearly gave up. Started Zoloft and Ativan 1mg for sleep. Headaches, dizziness, and exhaustion for several weeks (could also be the underlying depression) but I finally got stable enough to leave my parents house and get my life together. Medication didn't really help my sleep (no antidepressant has) but it did help my social and general anxiety. Marked somnolence and felt very apathetic on it. No lows, but no highs. Helped GAD/SAD but not depression. I'm sensitive to meds and I tolerated this one well."

Brett84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft changed my life, however I have been on it for 20 years and it is not working so well anymore."

Coop25 September 5, 2015

For Panic Disorder "June 2015 I was in an accident as a passenger and I developed a fear of driving, and my PTSD was triggered. I've been diagnosed prior to the accident with GAD, Bipolar, Panic Disorder, Depression and PTSD. After a month of panic attacks my psych prescribed me Zoloft 50mg, I had terrible side effects. Mine were heightened because I was on an SSRI months before. I felt uneasy when I'd take the medication so I was put on Lamictal 50mg (will go to 100mg). Panic attacks were gone by the third week, and side effects were gone by the fourth week. All I can say is if you doubt the medication is working, ride it out. I second guessed this medicine because of how bad my side effects were, I'm in the fifth week of taking it and I feel amazing."

GetsWorseBeforeItGetsBetter September 4, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft has helped with my anxiety and pms. Just think twice about going on something like this unless you really need it. I tried going off of it once and was absolutely nauseous for 8 months straight, I could barely eat. I thought it would get better but ultimately I had to go back on zoloft then my symptoms subsided. So just a wholistic route before started on these types of medication."

Betsk25 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2015

For Depression "I've suffered with anxiety for years but finally came to a head a few years ago. Had some personal family issues that became overwhelming. I was always mad, sad, frustrated, you name it and that was me. My brain could not stop thinking about my problems. It was very tiring. I finally went to the doctor and he prescribed Zolft 25 mg. For the first few days I felt like brain waves going on in my head but no big deal. Within 2 weeks I started feeling happy! A few months later the doctor put me up to 50 mg. I felt the brain waves again for about 48 hours and then stopped. I've been on Zolft for about one year. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. Oh I can still get mad or sad but not as severe or for as long."

L.R. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2015

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "in the year 1997 I was suffering form severe depression. Was put on 100mg of Zoloft and Busperone. I am taking zoloft now for eighteen years. Busperone for fifteen years. I am now off Busperone. Afraid to go off zoloft, don't ever want to go through what I went through for many years. I was on zoloft for 18 years, I have now droped down to 50mg. Plan to go on 25mg soon."

snowremoveal (taken for 10 years or more) August 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "This med worked for me years ago but this time after taking it for 2 days I'm worse (50 mg). Bad headache, stomach upset, and anxiety. My pharmacy switched generics & that also could be part of the problem. I am a mental wreck & a shell of my former self. I really just want to stay in bed all day. I don't have a psych just a GP. I also have horrible OCD & every decision I make I feel is wrong. I have refills left on my Celexa & that worked a little better but didn't do the trick. I asked my GP for Wellbutrin at my last visit & for some reason she didn't want to give it to me."

wannabbetter (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I just started taking this medication for anxiety and panic disorder it seems to be helping already but I'm only on 25 milligrams going to up it to 50 tonight I hope it works if anyone can give me feedback I would appreciate it"

Aball August 19, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Okay I know these meds are supposed to help people but I have been on a train to hell with these dang antidepressants! Zoloft....ICK!!!! My god in heaven I was sick for eight weeks on this stuff!! It never went away in fact the longer I was on it the sicker I seemed to get. I lost five pounds and just the sight or thought of food made me want to throw up! It made me feel even more depressed the whole time I was on it...I felt like a zombie, I was tired ALL of the time. Finally I threw I away. My husband decided he wanted to give it a shot so he went to the Dr to get a prescription for it. 8 weeks later he was worse!"

queenbee2278 August 17, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Hello all! I started zoloft 4 years ago (at age 22) for GAD/panic. The first 3/5 weeks I wanted to die from the side effects- extreme nausea, lack of appitite (lost 15 lbs on my 125lb frame) cold sweats, anxiety increase, insomnia, and feeling overall HOPELESS! I started on 50 mg and increased to a therapeutic level of 100mg. Over the last 4 years I have been on top of the world traveling, camping, building a home and have slowly decreased my zoloft to 12.5mg a day for the past year. 3 weeks ago I got lazy about taking my medicine and didn't take it for 3 or 4 days in a row, then remembered and started taking it again. 2 days later it was like I was starting from square 1(all the same effects) Don't fix what isn't broken-don't stop zoloft"

marie91011 August 14, 2015

For Depression "My Healthcare Provider switched my 20mg daily dose of Lexapro to Zoloft. I was to completely stop Lexapro and begin Zoloft with a dose of 200 mg daily. That was 6 months ago. I am not having a good experience with Zoloft. My dosage was adjusted down over a period of 3 weeks to 50 mg. My mind was constantly whirling with anxiety, my mood was total chaos, swinging from depressed to mad. My alcohol consumption was increased both by quantity and frequency. My appetite increased in the frequency of hunger and the amount of food I consume, but I never seem to hit the full feeling. I am seesawing between 100 to 200 mg daily at this time, trying to totally stop Zoloft. Main reasons; weight gain (30lbs in 4 months ) & increased alcohol craving"

Spirits August 5, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I have taken 25mg for anxiety for 8 years. I went off when pregnant but anxiety returned upon delivery. I can not say enough how much this drug has helped me. I don't do the whole "I want to feel good on my own" thing anymore. I accept that I will always have anxiety but with Zoloft I live a normal life now. If I have a health scare and it comes on a bit I can still cope so much better now. I am so thankful for Zoloft."

EleshaIn August 2, 2015

For Panic Disorder "The first week was the hardest, but I found that taking Xanax made the side effects easier to handle. After 7 days, I started noticing a difference. I hope I continue to improve as time passes"

tinpet (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "About 2 years ago I started experiencing the worst panic attacks of my life. I thought I was having a pulmonary embolism & went to the emergency room twice. After blood work, ECGs, heart monitors and chest X-rays I finally accepted I was suffering from anxiety. I went to see my Dr & I've been on Zoloft 50mg for approximately 10 months. The first 3 months on zoloft honestly were the worst months of my life. My anxiety was 10 times worst, I was experiencing horrible insomnia, dry mouth and a permanent yawn. The side effects have subsided and I'm so thankful to be anxiety free even though it took almost 4 months. I would definitely recommend Zoloft and tell everyone to just stick out the first few months! Good luck! You are not alone :)"

Chellll24 July 28, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I'm 14 years old with OCD. I tried Prozac and it just made me make decisions that weren't like me. Ive been on Zoloft for awhile and it's really helping. I haven't obsessed at ALL. I just don't overthink and I live a great life."

Jay man July 27, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been taking zoloft for years to treat OCD Depression and anxiety. It works great for these however my orgasm take forever and are significantly less stimulating. Should u try to go off these med from time to time to see if you even need them anymore? Or try a newer med with less sexual side effects."

McShane (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

For Depression "Many years in pain ....Zoloft saved me . Side Effects -Minor Relief From Depression - Tremendous Been on it for over 15 years . Started at 50mg per day , now 150 per day . Thankyou Pfizer ...for giving me my life back ."

RP Dee July 19, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, severe depression and OCD when I was around 18 years old. I couldn't do anything and shut down. I went to a mental hospital to take classes on how to cope and I began trying different types of SSRI's. I tried two others and I felt horrible on them both then I tried Zoloft. My mom made me stick with it even though I was skeptical. I started with 25, 50, then to 75 ml. Nothing helped. As soon as I went up to 100 ml is when I felt my life coming back. I could feel emotions of happiness, and felt like life had finally had a meaning to it. I was able to be okay again and felt like this medicine saved my life. The thing that is hardest is all the people judging saying "you're on so many Meds""

Trusso18 July 18, 2015

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Honestly, I feel guilty for feeling great... But I've been taking Zoloft for 6 months now and I feel totally different. I was diagnosed with GAD, generalized anxiety disorder. I had serious issues with social anxiety, irritation, nervousness, constant worrying, and seldom depression. After taking the medicine for about 3 months I felt like a I've never felt before. I started to worry alot less, I started to avoid confrontation, and also was able to talk to people without feeling intense anxiety. This medicine really works well. The only negative side effects I've experienced was nausea in the first month and consistent fatigue. Working out and mid day naps have subsided the fatigue. My suggestion would be to take your dose in the evening."

Ydunvme July 17, 2015

For Depression "I think zoloft for me is great. The only downfall i have with it was headaches. They started right when I began taking zoloft daily. They were intense and hurt like hell. Lasted about 2 weeks. Then bam they were gone. I took it at night before bed. I thought they made me tired. Since I've been on it , I've lost about 20lbs. I don't have the munchies at all & honestly I have to tell myself to eat because it curbs my appetite. I don't feel bloated like I did on Lexapro that's why I switched. Zoloft really works for me and I'm on a low dose. Headaches suck the first few weeks but what a difference from lexapro. Everyone's different."

Jenn w (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2015

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "My 15 year old daughter was practically a recluse. She is bipolar and taking seroquel, lamictal and intuniv but she was depressed and had such social anxiety that she couldn't even leave her room. After 3 weeks she is the daughter I knew to be . She still has issues but going outside of the house is not one of them. I am so happy with this medication . She started at 25 and is now at 50mg. What a godsend ."

Cathy1023 July 12, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have struggled with depression since I was a teenager and always assumed it would go away on its own. After someone close to me passed, I hit rock bottom. I was depressed, anxious, couldn't sleep, etc. Talked to my doctor and he prescribed this for my depression and anxiety. Besides making me apathetic I have been surprisingly happy. This pill is amazing, I have not been this genuinely happy in a long time."

Sydney91 July 12, 2015