User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 297 reviews 76 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 647 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Zoloft

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I've been on 50mg of Zoloft for three weeks now... it seems to be working pretty well. My obsessive thoughts started to have trouble materializing in my mind then before I knew it.. I started to feel like myself again and the thoughts and anxiety seem to have diminished."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Did NOT want to take meds, but I am so glad I finally hit rock bottom and decided Zoloft was an option worth considering. Seriously, it has completely changed my life. As long as you have a reputable therapist/doctor giving you the meds, there should be no major issues. Had some problems with sleep at first, but I started taking melatonin at night and now it's all good."

Anon321 November 26, 2014

For Panic Disorder "After trying just therapy for panic disorder, major depressive, and general anxiety I finally gave in and starting taking Zoloft. THANK GOD! I haven't had a single panic attack in 5 years when at one point I was having them up to ten times a day! I have had zero side effects. I also took it through pregnancy. I'm 28 and I'm fine with taking Zoloft forever, living without anxiety is just amazing!"

traciii (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2014

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Zoloft is a very good medication for anxiety and depression. For me better with anxiety. I am BiPolar I, am also on Zyban 150 a day. Taking these two medications together is fine as is also taking when you are BiPolar. Only with a specialists direction, though. I have been on Zoloft a couple of times the only side effect before was severe diarrhea. This time when I started taking it I got butterflies in the stomach and flutters, but over time this unusual for me side effect left me. Some say how many weeks to feel a impact. For me this last time was around 6 weeks. Which is normal. It's been proven that any time prior 4 weeks is most likely placebo effect. But if you feel better well, whether a placebo effect or not, it's good."

Koalamaiden - NSW (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I am a little over 2 weeks in. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder 2 months ago. I tried everything to avoid taking medicines. Did therapy, yoga, changed my diet, etc. I started to feel better but it was still a constant effort to lift my moods and stop my obsessive thinking. I was beyond nervous taking medicines but finally decided to after my sister convinced me (she's been on sertraline) for 2 years. I am loving it now and so happy I am giving it a shot. The adjustment was tough for me but so happy I preservered. I realized you don't get extra points in this world for suffering."

Ashley2432 November 24, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I've always had generalized anxiety & social anxiety ever since I can remember, but I would still push myself to go places like mall, Walmart, or just walk out my front door, not knowing what was wrong with me. So around 17 I dropped out of school, & started working as a cashier, did good & managed to control my anxiety, until I'm 18 now, and here come the panic attacks & agoraphobia kicking in. I hated leaving the house & just being around people period. So I quit my job; I went to the doctor he put me on Paxil 10mg, then Paxil 20mg didnt do anything, then Zoloft 50mg then 100mg a month later. Overall my mood is much better/calmer. I'm still a shaky mess in public & even around people."

blahk (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "There was a point where I had been forgetting to take the Zoloft that had been prescribed to me for social anxiety (and it had worked quite well in decreasing the symptoms of that disorder) and during the time I had been forgetting to take the meds, things took a turn for the worse. It all started with an intrusive thought, and that was what triggered my first, horrific episode of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It took me a while to piece together the reason why the OCD had developed and persisted, but finally I realized that my Zoloft had possibly been suppressing an earlier development of OCD due to it's anti-anxiety effects (OCD is characterized by anxiety.) I then got back on the medication, and it literally only took an hour for the OCD to significantly vanish."

Calmified November 22, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Feel so good when it finally start working at day #15. Feel calm in public for the first time in my life. Only cons is not able to orgasm and increased sweating."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2014

For Depression "I started to develop depression around puberty, over the years it became more and more intense. Some days I would cry and have to leave school, around two years ago my Doctor put me on 50mg of Zoloft. The first few weeks were a wreck, I had terrible nausea, was tired all the time, could barely eat, and some days I would experience a zombie feeling. After the Zoloft started to kick in the side effects subsided. I went through bouts of not taking it and then I would feel bad and start taking it again, every time I went back on the pill the stomach pains increased to were I would eat once every other day. Since then I have been put on a new medication that I hope starts kicking in. All in all Zoloft was amazing, if you stick to it."

Toxica (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 20, 2014

For Depression "I am 39 years old, was a new nurse and struggling with major depression. I had not been to a Dr in years and broke down crying at the first visit. Started 50 mg a day. Felt a little funny first couple days but now feel much better! Everyone noticed a change for the better and even got a promotion at work! Feel so much better and have not had any side effects!"

Nurse Nan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2014

180 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Zoloft for the past four months and it's worked great! I'd been on 3 other medications before that and none of them have worked as well as Zoloft when it's coupled with 15mg of Buspar and 20mg of Adderall. My anxiety has dropped, my mood has improved dramatically, and I've even lost weight, which I haven't been able to do since I recovered from my eating disorder. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to have my dosage upped because of my Seasonal Affective Disorder, but otherwise it's worked very well."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2014

For Depression "I'm on 200 mg of Zoloft and it has changed my life!"

pepper6 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 3, 2014

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had major depression from the time I started menstruating. It would cycle with my cycle. It caused paranoia, and fear of being seen outside my home. It feared going to my mail box, yet, at times I would sign up to do things like be an Avon Lady! I felt crazy. In my mid 30's, divorced, alcoholic, my doctor prescribed Prozac. It didn't seem to help me. Later in recovery but still profoundly depressed, she put me on Zoloft and the result was instantaneous. I felt like a window to my life had been opened. I wasn't afraid. I looked forward to getting out of bed. I found things I liked to do. I have a healthy relationship, a good job, a life. I have been given my life back. Now, I am 16 years sober. Thank you Zoloft."

thx4sharron (taken for 10 years or more) November 2, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "My obsessive compulsive disorder is lifted and is relieved almost immediately best pill ever!"

jackman7800 October 27, 2014

For Depression "Generic Sertraline gave me some relief but it made me jittery and gave me headaches. After reading testimonials I insisted on the name brand Zoloft. so glad I did. It's like a completely different medicine. More relaxed and not full of negative thinking. I still get overly anxious if something stressful happens but it doesn't last long. Side effects are more tolerable, though it does make me tired."

Sig (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Not helping for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. On max dose now, and still nothing. I get this feeling of the skin on my head contracting...I don't know if that's normal."

hii (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2014

For Depression "I've been on sertraline for almost a year now. On the 25mg I didn't notice any kind of difference. I was suffering from major depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts. My dr bumped me up to a 50mg dose & have stayed here for about 8 months now. My girlfriend calls it my "happy pills" because when I forget to take a dose or two, everyone can tell."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I would have panic attacks and would cut myself to avoid feeling nervous and anxious about things I couldn't control. I pretty much had a great experience while I was on Zoloft. I was taking 100mgs a day. Very few panic attacks and if I would have feelings of panic, it was much less intense. After about a year, I decided I no longer wanted to be taking anti depressants. I weaned myself off of it. First week I took 75mg, then 50, then 25. This is the end of my first full week off Zoloft and for the most part I feel fine. I think the medicine helps. I noticed my smoking habit has started to come back as my desire for a cigarette while on Zoloft was minimal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2014

For Depression "Zoloft has helped me a lot. I suffered from mild depression and mild anxiety for years. I'm a 38 yr old male. I requested Zoloft from the Dr. And I'm on the 50mg dose. It started working right away. I felt effects the first night. I was sick the next day but that was the only time. I had some euphoria during the first couple of weeks. Next to impossible to orgasim. I have zero anxiety it's amazing. Not as depressed but didn't fully take it away but really helped. It was the right choice for me. Highly recommended. I would make the same choice."

Skyfall007 October 17, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been reading a lot of reviews on this site, let me tell those that are new to this or thinking of going on sertraline. I have horrible side effects with medication and got serotonin syndrome on citalopram. I was scared to death of going on sertraline. I'm on day 17 on 50mg and I honestly say I've not had one single side effect at all. Its starting to hit me and I feel amazing. 100 times better than having anxiety. Wow"

scotty888 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2014

202 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I have been taking Zoloft for just over 2 years for Post traumatic stress disorder and depression. At my worst I was on 150mg and this held me quite well, I was determined not to be on the full 200mg. Initially the shakes and the tiredness bothered me, but not as much as how I felt when I missed a dose. On every increase I would have a day or two where my mind and mouth raced. This provided a few giggles. A huge improvement from crying and refusing to leave the house. Combining therapy and medication has helped me get my life back. I am now on the decrease as the masses of weight I have put on in a short period of time, my least favourite side effect, regardless of how much I exercise and how good my diet is. Just keeps adding on. Now 50mg daily and doing well."

cam2549 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took this 2 years ago at 150mg... lost weight, great antidepressant I'm on 60mg's of Prozac. Works very well too but thinking of going back to Zoloft because of weight gain, but I give it 10. Great medicine."

zeketyler (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Social anxiety since child (born in 1982) 2005-2008 - Sertraline 100-200 mg/day (rating 6,5/10) 2009 - Sertraline 100mg/day, Mirtazapine 45mg/day, Clonazepam 10mg/day (rating 6,5/10) 2010 - Clomipramine (rating 1/10) made me terribly anxious 2011 - Bupropion + Mirtazapine (rating 6/10) anxious and angry, but depression was gone 2012-2013 Parnate (IMAO) (rating 5/10) food restrictions, insonia, anxious all the time and tolerance to Diazepam 2014 - Escitalopram 40 mg + Mirtazapine 45 mg (rating 5,5/10) less anxious but terribly depressed I'll talk to my doc and go back to sertraline. Not exccelent, but I have to give another chance"

ED1982 October 11, 2014

For Panic Disorder "The only reason I'm giving this medication an 8 is because of the initial side effects and the time it took to find an adequate dose. I've been on Zoloft for around 6 months now. I had suffered with panic disorder for most of my adult life, I'm currently 29 years old. I tried a few different SSRIs, but never really gave them a chance. I relied on Ativan taken twice daily, totaling 2 mg. I started out taking 25 mg of Zoloft and worked up to 150 mg daily. At first, it was fairly difficult and I'm really surprised that I didn't just give up within a few days, let alone a few weeks. I read many reviews on here and wondered if that would ever be me. If I was asked 5 months ago, I never would have had anything good to say. But now ...it changed my life."

Overcome1985 October 8, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "No one likes to be on medications if possible but unfortunately most of the time, anxiety and depressions are tough. Negative thoughts, feeling uneasy almost all the time, social difficulties had affected me more than words can describe until I see the psychiatrist for help. Was prescribed Remeron along with Xanax at first but Remeron knock me off even at lowest dosage and constant migraines. Doc then switched me to Zoloft 25mg, its been a year now I'm feeling myself again, laughter is back, seeing things in brighter ways, willing to be back to work life. Anxiety and depression still lingers around sometimes but much bearable. Trying to slowly cut down Xanax and back to normal life. Side effects are sexual difficulties and stomach discomfort."

Chrisssyyy October 5, 2014