User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 285 reviews 75 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 615 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was chronically depressed and had many psychiatrists diagnose me with severe depression, which I had experienced unfaillingly for 5 years. I could identify no cause for my depression, which made it even harder for me since I didn't know what was causing me to become extremely suicidal. I had 4-hour lasting sobbing spells (even when I had otherwise great events happening at that time). I felt gloomy, lonesome, uncared for, and depressed. Now I feel content and at ease for the first time in 5 years. I no longer become sad unless I have a reason to- which for me is phenomenal. If good things happen, I feel happy and not sad. I can function better in my work, family life, and simple daily activities like driving or even grocery shopping."

SoAmazing! (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Been on this medicine for 2 months 50 mg, feel so much better and much more relaxed. So much better than Prozac which made me very full of anxiety."

Gazz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Max dose needed for effect but working great . A bit of weight gain but tolerable . Helps me sleep better"

Lola Jane August 26, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had terrible obsessive compulsive disorder for about 6 years. I remember that I spent all my night on going and coming to toilet for peeing. After I went to the university I was shocked by the bad way of teaching and bad instructors and suddenly the OCD became worse and worse and the hell was eating in my brain. I spent all my wake up time thinking and thinking about silly things and I suffered from terrible pain in my neck, my brain, and my stomach. I went to 7 doctors and tried many medications before I found Zoloft. I tried Anafranil, Solotic, Faverin, Xanax, Atarax, Seroxat, fluoxetine and finally I went to a very good doctor who put me on Zoloft 200mg with risperidone 2mg. That works as a wizard for me after 6 years of the hell of OCD."

ocdsufferer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I really hope to help someone out there suffering with this nightmare called "Panic Disorder". I suffered for the last 2 years with debilitating panic. My dad died of cancer two years ago, and one week later my son got very ill. Needless to say I had a nervous breakdown and ever since then panic ruled my life which led to depression and agoraphobia setting in. I was scared to death of SSRI's and suffered needlessly for 2 years. Two weeks ago I went to a Psychiatrist, he prescribed me Zoloft 25mg to start for 2 weeks then up it to 50mg. I am also taking 0.5mg Xanax twice a day. I have to say I feel great! Not a single panic attack since the 3rd day of taking med. I also am way more social and sleep a thousand times better! Thank you Zoloft!!"

Ann81 August 20, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Best medication for social anxiety disorder with somatisation. I take 100mg of Zoloft, less side effects than other antidepressants."

hassanb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Suffered from anxiety most of my life, then around 23 suffered a panic attack which caused me problems until my late 40's when my doctor put me on Zoloft. Huge turnaround. Zero anxiety. While I don't think I'll ever forget the fear of panic attacks, I haven't had one since, and can do most things I used to be afraid of, Long Bridges, Elevators, etc."

Gimp (taken for 10 years or more) August 2, 2014

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder I was very hesitant at the start to try medications and thought I'll battle through with the help of therapy. 3 months later I gave in for medication. Couldn't get through a day without my anxiety being an obstacle. Was prescribed Zoloft for the first time at 25mg. For the first week things were fine just the usual upset stomach and dry mouth nothing I couldn't handle but surprisingly it made me depressed (never was) but anxiety DID settle a little (hence 5/10). Then was pushed up to 50mg... the upset stomach stopped the dry mouth decreased but restlessness and insomnia kicked in including the zombie feeling. This went on for over 2 weeks but had to stop, it was affecting my work. Withdrawal symptoms, depression."

sammy87 (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Anxiety spiraled out of control over just a month following 18 months of grief, job loss and moving. I couldn't leave the house and was prescribed Zoloft 12.5mg, the side effects were pretty bad (no appetite, trembles and night sweats) but within two weeks these side effects passed and I began returning back to my old self 6 weeks later. I slowly built up to 175mg over 6 months and stayed at that dose for 1 year. Now, two years later, I have almost forgotten about anxiety and have begun reducing very very slowly (about 12.5mg every couple of months). I'm now taking 137.5mg and feel good, thank you Zoloft."

Narelle 00 July 20, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Just to update the post I made Oct. 21, 2013. It's been a year and I'm at 50 mg and great. Whenever I feel that panic creeping in, I can talk myself through it and it is so much less intense. And I don't stress out about having another episode. Before Zoloft, the most problematic part of my panic was the constant fear of having another panic attack. This has really improved my life a great deal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 14, 2014

For Depression "Zoloft is really good."

loknath July 5, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I lost my mom at the age of 20, I am now 24 and been on Zoloft 150 MG for the past 3 years, I can't believe the difference this medication has made. Zoloft gave me my life back, no longer have panic attacks, constant crying, and crazy thoughts! I would recommend this medication to anyone who suffers from depression! Thank you Zoloft!"

Hailey L July 2, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have anxiety and depression. I was really against taking medication so I tried to resolve my issues myself. Needless to say, it never worked. I had been going through periods of depersonalization, feeling extremely down, suicidal and hopeless. I really thought life wasn't worth living anymore. It got so bad that I ended up in the hospital. I started taking 50 mg Zoloft and honestly it has been a life changer. I don't experience depersonalization anymore. My mood has been lifted so much that I don't feel down anymore, suicidal or hopeless. If you're afraid to take medicines please just give it a try. You won't regret it. Celexa didn't work for me, but I was determined to find a medicine that would. The key is to be patient."

Kieare (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2014

321 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "20 year old male. After failing 2 of my college classes in one semester, decided it was time to do something about my increasing depression. Doctor started me on Zoloft. Took about 4 weeks to start to notice the effects. Occasional shakes. Memory loss was frequent. Immediately noticed a decrease in sex drive and wasn't a problem until I started dating again and couldn't get it up the first time I got with my current girlfriend. Luckily she is understanding. My doctor is switching me to Wellbutrin. If it wasn't for the decreased sex drive I probably would have stayed on it."

Collegeguy123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I have now been on Zoloft for 2 months and happy to report, I'm no longer NEEDING my oxazepam everyday YAY! Side effects I got were crazy heart palpitations, fatigue but both of these have subdued, mind you, it took 7 wks to do so, so for anyone just starting on it, stick it out. Its helped a lot with my anxiety."

Soundchain (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Zoloft for 2 months. I've have massive depression after I had my twins. I had suicidal thoughts and thoughts of just letting go.I went to the doctor for help and he prescribed me Zoloft 25mg but the 25mg wasn't working. So I took 50mg and it is awesome. I feel myself again like I was 18. No worries in the world. Just felling like life was life again. Thanks to Zoloft I got my life back."

LovingMyTwins (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I started taking birth control for acne a month ago and felt as if my anxiety had only gotten worse. After talking to my doctor she recommended I try a low dose of Zoloft. I've been on the medication for a week and have had 2 panic attacks. One yesterday as my plane was taking off. The most embarrassing experience ever! The flight attendants had to get me a bag to throw up in and had ice over the back of my neck. Today I am feeling exhausted and with down. I have read there are serious side effects within the first 2 weeks of taking this medication so I'm hoping I start to feel better. I am def. cutting out any coffee, energy drinks or alcohol."

Buckeyefan03 June 9, 2014

For Depression "It took a couple weeks to notice any positive affects. It does help with depression. The big negative is the loss of the ability to achieve an orgasm."

sedonagreg (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking Zoloft 100mg for 8 yrs now since my first experience of postpartum depression after my 2nd child, (I have always had panic attacks and depression it runs in my family, it has been working great until I had my 3rd child I had another bout of post partum depression. Dr tried to up my dose done this for one week made me have major side effects hot flashes, mood changes, zombie feeling so I went back down to my 100mg, I finally pulled out of it for awhile but I had a close friend pass away back in Dec 2013 and I already had health anxiety and I have had fears of dying since I had my 3rd child. I don't want to leave my children alone, the last 2 months have been the worst and I'm still taking Zoloft 100mg."

MInnieJohnny June 8, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "For me, this medication did not work on a lower dose of 50 mg, 100 mg, or even 150 mg. My depression got better once I was increased to 200 mg, which is the therapeutic limit, but this may be because my depression was incredibly severe -extremely suicidal, and not functioning at all. However, after taking this medication for a little over a year, I have come to the realization that it no longer is working for me, and I am experiencing what my psychiatrist calls a "poop out," which is apparently something most SSRIs can do. I would recommend Zoloft (Sertraline) to anyone who has depression. It has honestly been the best medication for me, but for now, I need to try something new."

legakris May 29, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I suffer with post traumatic stress disorder from years of trauma and then the death of my mother really was the icing on the cake. I've also been dealing with physical ailments in the past 7 years, and panic attacks since I could remember. With all this going on, it's no wonder that I've became depressed and anxious about life. I am not the type of person who believes in medication without trying alternatives first. In the past I've tried other antidepressants to no avail. Was off of them for a year, but decided to go back on, trying Zoloft this time, when I became suicidal. That was the LAST straw. Been on 50mg for about a month, but started on 25mg a month prior. It LITERALLY saved my life. Don't give up! What one medication won't do for you another will."

Angelalove (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Took 2 weeks to feel a bit better. Stick with it through side effects. I take 62.5 mg in the morning and 25 mg in evening now. After 5 months I feel pretty good."

Jktx May 13, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have suffered with severe health anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder related to this anxiety for about 6 years. I would spend countless hours a day googling symptoms and doing certain health related rituals, and it was taking over my life. I finally talked to my doctor at the urging of my family and ended up on 50 mg of Zoloft. I didn't want to take it because part of my health anxiety is a fear of any type of medication. After about 3 weeks of it sitting untouched in my cabinet I started to take it. I didn't feel strange - no side effects. Maybe a little more sleepy at night? After about 3 weeks on Zoloft I noticed that I didn't have the urge to Google health symptoms anymore and I would *forget* to do some of my daily rituals."

Severe health anxiety/OCD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2014

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "It keeps me from being suicidal. I have to have this. Great medicine."

Sill (taken for 10 years or more) April 26, 2014

For Depression "I was suffering from being a slave to my negative thoughts, making assumptions about my relationship that my partner was cheating on me or having a secret life, constantly being controlling over where things go in the house, how things should be, really severe mood swings and ridiculous anger which I would ignite a lot of arguments and have the urge to get physical and just completely lose it and not think rationally. My marriage was on the verge of failure due to my negative actions and my husband was at his breaking point. My doc prescribed me 50mg of Zoloft and I finally started it, I'm on week 2 and I feel incredibly calm, content and full of life again. I feel like I can handle situation in a positive manner."

Michibelle April 21, 2014

408 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next