User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 28 reviews 72 medications

6.6
Summary of Yaz reviews 317 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I have a regular cycle with no spotting. I did have some weight gain in the belly area but it helps with pimples and my PMS is better. I would recommend this pill."

Shanny112 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2014

For Birth Control "It is the most amazing medicine for birth control I ever used. I actually didn't use anything else except Yaz, never switched to another birth control pill. The only side effect is that I gained weight but that's nothing compared to how amazingly it works. I also got all the acne gone and I have regular periods."

Valona (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2014

For Acne "I was the one who posted below under "testing it out." Last I was here I was nervous it wasn't going to work. WELL, let me tell you. Just hang in there for the first three months friends because your life is about to get better. Literally right after my third period of being on Yaz I noticed an immediate difference. Acne has drastically reduced to the point of it basically being non-existent. My skin is finally starting to heal with the help of a dark spot corrector and my confidence is through the roof. THANK YOU YAZ!"

testing it out (I'm back!) February 7, 2014

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on Yaz for 2 and a half years and it's been the best form of contraceptive medication for me. I have tried other contraceptive pills and have had all kinds of bad side effects, but once I started Yaz I was fine. Originally I started using it as a form of contraception, I still do but it has also helped with my severe menstrual cramps and endometriosis. I can have my period every 3 months without a problem and I haven't experienced any side effects, pregnancy scares, bloating or acne on it so overall it's been great. "

coppola22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2014

For Birth Control "At first I really loved Yaz. There was little to no weight gain, it didn't make me have any mood swings. I've been taking it for 7 months, and for the last 4 months, I've noticed a decrease in sex drive, very very little lubrication, and haven't gotten my period for the last 3 months... which is a scary thing. On top of that I started bleeding during intercourse. Each month I went to the gyno to see what was wrong, I took a pregnancy test there each month and every test came out negative. I got looked at and got other tests done and everything came out negative and normal. I've now been very tired and irritable lately and the doctor's still don't seem to know exactly what's wrong, which is very stressful. I'm now switching to NuvaRing."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2013

For Birth Control "I LOVED Yaz, I was on it for 2 years. It caused my cramps to stop completely and I had no side effects the only thing I had was a loss in my sex drive. But I think all birth control does that to me. Only reason I switched was because I couldn't remember to take it every day anymore because my work and college was all over the place. I would go days without it."

Brydawn (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2013

For Acne "I have been on Yaz for hormonal acne for about 3 years now. Let me just say the first two years were awesome. No chin breakouts, less oily. Now for some reason it is no longer working. I am getting painful cysts again around my period. I thought it was temporary but I started noticing it in December and it is now September. I'm nervous to get off of it for fear it will be worse. It worked for me for some time but now I have to find something else."

Nina77 September 9, 2013

For Birth Control "I got on this birth control when it first came in 2006 when I was 16, I was on it up until I was 22. Switching was the biggest mistake ever. I LOVED this birth control. I never had any problems with it. Lighter and shorter periods, cleared up my skin and no bloating or weight gain. The only downfall was I did get very emotional but that was it and maybe occasional breakthrough bleeding. Best of all it worked for me. I am switching back to this birth control and can't wait."

Katia love August 14, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been on Yaz for 8 months now. The first 2 were a little rough with breakthrough bleeding or missed period (which is so stressful) but I gave it a chance anyway. I had mild to severe acne that is very much clear now other than a few scars. I have not gained weight BUT my breast are a full cup size bigger. My only issue with Yaz is that I never used to get PMS symptoms, now I feel angry and the next second I want to cry for absolutely not reason. This only lasts a day or two so I can deal with it."

Higgy French (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2013

For Acne "My doctor suggested I go on Yaz after a good 8 years of being on a previous pill and basically experiencing acne the entire time. Anyway, I've been on Yaz for a month. I'm glad I read reviews before because I probably would have given up and fully entered a hermit life if I didn't know that a major breakout the first month or two is normal. I have gotten acne in places I've never had before - along my jaw line, even on my neck. It's terrifying and I'm only hanging in there based on the people that swear by month 3 is gets better. However, I will say, I am happy with having experienced no other side effects. Weight has never been a problem for me, but I actually lost 5 pounds. Here's hoping that month 2 and 3 brings better luck!"

testing it out (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2013

For Acne "I was on Yaz for 4 years for acne and pretty much had no problems. I did not experience any weight gain at all. It may have made me moody on the angry side at times but I didn't find myself crying over nothing (I might have a short temper anyway). My acne did clear up but never completely, I have always still had a few pimples whilst on Yaz but I was happy with the level it was so I am not sure if it was Yaz or whether I only broke out due to stress in my final year of high school. Other than that it lightened my period and eliminated any cramps that sometimes were so bad I would vomit. I only stopped taking it because I was sick of taking it everyday and it may have decreased my libido. But everyone's different."

Anonymous August 3, 2013

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for a long time, about five years. It helped with my horrible mood swings. After a while, I got no period while on Yaz, not even spotting or cramping, which was a huge plus. The only negative for me was my sex drive became non-existent. My poor husband thought there was something wrong with him so I just switched to the patch."

Maggie in PA (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 24, 2013

For Acne "Gosh, I feel sorry for myself - tried everything, except (Ro)-accutane. Many thousands were spent without any success and many years went by just trying to HIDE this bad skin. The irony is that I have acne on my body, and less on my face. Yep, and excessive hair is just the icing of the cake! I have hormonal imbalances, thus knew that nothing topical would help for good. Nevertheless, was afraid to try birth control pills. Anyway, Yaz was invented quite recently. So, girls and women, if you have hormonal problems, Yaz is the best thing around. I can put WHATEVER on my skin now (like night creme), and my skin is perfect. No clogged pores, no inflammation, nothing. I can go outside without skin makeup, which was an impossible thing just two years ago."

poor me (before Yaz) - happy now! (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for 3 and a half years, and I have not had any issues. I have regular periods, I have no weird side effects. I fluctuate in weight by 5 pounds now off and on. I read all of the scary lawsuits against Yaz, talked to my doctors and the lawsuits failed to mention the other issues that girls had other then just the common factor that they were taking Yaz. PLEASE DON'T BE SCARED OF IT. I was and its a stress you don't need. I have been fine, and many others have too."

kaylamooress July 16, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Before Yaz I was very moody almost bipolar and my periods were very heavy and painful. After Yaz I am myself again and my periods are light and regular. I love the feeling of being in control of my body and Yaz has helped me feel that. It's my miracle."

Sweetsc June 19, 2013

For Acne "I've been on yaz for over 6 months now, and it has been the only thing that cleared up my acne in the last 8 years. I had very severe cystic acne on my forehead, cheeks and chin (basically all over my face). After taking Yaz for 3 months, my acne started to clear up dramatically. I can now go out without wearing 5 pounds of makeup! "

kshyun (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 19, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for almost 2 years now and I have had no issues whatsoever. Every individual reacts differently to different medicines. It's common sense to assume the risk outlined on the label."

Jess5 June 12, 2013

For Acne "This is the first pill I have ever taken that is hormone related, and the main reason was for acne. Within the first week all my acne was gone, and never broke out for the year! But after a year, my acne started coming back, and I am now on Yasmin, I was hoping for the same flawless face effect, but I still break out tremendously, especially compared to when I was on Yaz. I'm going to get off Yasmin because the pill just it isn't helping with my acne anymore. However, I enjoyed that year of flawless skin! I didn't have to worry about applying a full face of makeup to leave the house for 5 minutes! Now I'm back to wearing makeup all the time! I hope I find something that works soon."

ata22 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2013

For Birth Control "I started on Lo Loestrin FE for Polycystic ovarian syndrome and then changed to Yaz since my insurance didn't cover Lo Loestrin and besides that it was giving me acne and I was on a emotional roller-coaster. With Yaz, I was feeling way better, slight acne, no weight gain, BUT yeast infections. I'm switching to Yasmin."

ZuSa (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for just about a month. I've noticed some improvement in my acne. I started Yaz just for birth control and because I had having a lot of anxiety and my doctor thought it may help along with my anxiety meds. I haven't noticed a difference with taking Yaz yet, but it's only been a month and I don't exactly have PMDD. So I will keep taking and see what happens over the next few months. The very first pill I took gave me nausea but that was it."

ColoradoMom (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2013

For Acne "I have had acne for 5 years. Tried everything, topicals, antibiotics, not doing anything, diet changes...nothing worked. I was so sad and desperate and felt so ugly all the time. Then I finally gave in and tried Yaz. Almost immediately acne improved. A year later I never breakout anymore! It's so amazing and now I'm so much more happier and confident. And my hyper-pigmentation is finally having a chance to fade out without new ones popping up I had no side effects at all. This has turned my life around but its still a medicine that may have side effects, but it's worked for me so may work for you as well."

sasha1992 April 8, 2013

For Acne "Having been on Estelle-35 for nearly a year (which gave me the worst acne of my life, 10 x worse than it already was), I decided to change to Yaz. I'm in my third month of taking it and I think I've broken out (4-6 spots at the same time) twice, whereas before I was getting 4-6 new spots per day. No initial breakouts. Only had one cyst in nearly three months. The only side effect was my fault - I didn't wait until my period to start taking them and had breakthrough bleeding for around three weeks. I haven't experienced any weight gain, headaches etc. If you're deciding whether to try the pill for your acne, just do it. Seriously. It's done wonders for my confidence and anxiety, and I can actually look people in the eye now!"

Nat-Yaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I loved this pill. I was taking it for PMDD as well as very painful and heavy periods. I took or for about three months with no side effects except my breasts grew a full cup size and were incredibly sensitive. Then on my fourth month I had breakthrough bleeding the whole month! I wish this hadn't happened as I was really happy with Yaz. My doctor just switched me to Yasmin, so we will see!"

guit4rheroine March 27, 2013

For Birth Control "Yaz was amazing for my life. I was on it since a teenager. I stopped taking it when all the new health warnings came out because my OB recommended it. I didn't like every other birth control after. I then had two children and went to an intrauterine device and didn't like that either. I then switched to another pill (awful) along with the Nuvaring. Then I begged to switch back to Yaz. I love it still. Although the cost is higher this time around."

:) (taken for 10 years or more) March 14, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Like most people have said, Yaz changed my life. I've been on it for a few years for PMDD and I can really tell a huge difference. Before PMDD I was severely depressed and suicidal. Now, I'm barely even moody. As a 21 year old though, I'm worried about relying on Yaz for the rest of my life. "

anneval February 11, 2013