User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 24 reviews 72 medications

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 282 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control: I wanted to say I had high hopes for this pill. I was on Alesse before Yaz. It was great at first but then Alesse started to make me depressed after 5 months. My doctor prescribed Yaz. Usually I'm very cheerful and happy, especially these days when NOTHING IS WRONG. Day 1 on Yaz I started to have anxiety and panic attacks about every little thing. Day 2 I would cry for no reason and felt anxious all day, if I wasn't crying it was because I was distracting myself from the bad thoughts that kept creeping up on me. Day 3 I couldn't be alone without freaking out, just panic attacks. I can't function like this!!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2012 5:33 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on YAZ for 18 months. Since starting Yaz, I've noticed no major weight changes (maybe lost a few pounds, but I attribute that to stress) and some minor acne breakouts. The biggest three changes were mood swings, change in menstrual flow, and a HUGE decrease in libido. My husband noticed my mood swings and said I seem to be overall less enthusiastic about life. My flow changed to some very strange bleeding (heavy in the morning, nonexistent at night, sometimes lasting 10 days). Overall, my period flow was lighter, I just couldn't seem to get a normal flow. The lack of libido has been a huge deal in my marriage. I went from wanting sex a few times a week to not wanting it at ALL.

August 7, 2012 3:33 PM

Review by zoedee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I started Yaz and immediately noticed my anxiety levels go through the roof, particularly within the first two hours of taking it. I was jittery, had mild heart palpitations, fogginess, indecisiveness, restless sleep and was extremely depressive and teary. My skin also erupted with acne. Upside: I lost a ton of water weight and grew breasts! I gave up after 10 days, too many contraindications in too short amount of time.

July 27, 2012 6:44 AM

Review by r.alexis (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I had the worst mood swings on Yaz. Cried basically every day over the stupidest things, made me extremely tired and stressed, and made me gain a ton of weight. After a year of being on it I switched to Tri-cyclen and couldn't be happier.

July 8, 2012 6:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I'm very confused about my experience on Yaz. Had no initial breakout and my skin was improving up until about a month and half ago. There were minor breakouts every now and then though. Yet lately (after 7 and half months) my skin has been breaking out constantly. Big pimples mostly along my chin and jawline but few on my lip and cheeks too. I'm going to see my GP as soon as possible to see whether this is just a random flare up or whether Yaz is just not for me. I suppose it works differently for everyone.

July 6, 2012 9:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Menstrual Disorders: I am 16 years old and have been taking Yaz for four months now to lighten my period and help with PMS. It has really helped me. It took my body the first few months to get used to it (I had mild breakouts, mood swings, tender breasts and little if no change in period flow or PMS), but after about two months it has worked quite well. My periods are lighter, I rarely get cramps and when I do they are very mild and it has also made my skin softer and clearer. I don't get as moody or as emotional either. I would say the only down fall is that I crave food a lot, but that might have nothing to do with Yaz, and besides I don't think my weight has changed more than a pound. Good experience so far.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2012 2:27 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Yaz for over a year now. At first, it was wonderful for me because it helped eliminate the painful cramps I was suffering before and I had no side effects. I lost weight and had no acne. BUT, for the past 2 months I've been extremely moody, depressed, tired and just not myself. I can't wait to go see my doctor to switch! It's affecting my social life big time.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2012 7:56 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz for five years now and LOVE it. I've had no issues and it kept the major cramps, acne, and babies away. I started at 16 and am now 21. I actually have to switch because I've been having breakthrough bleeding a lot, but this is the first time in five years I've had to deal with it. Might just be from my hormones changing with getting older. I'm very sad I'll be leaving Yaz and will be sure to return to it if this next one doesn't work. It's treated me great!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2012 5:54 PM

Review by Aireal McKay:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Yaz for about 4 years now and it started to stop working. My periods got heavier and heavier and I even started before I was supposed to I'm starting to worry.

June 7, 2012 11:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Menstrual Disorders: I started taking Yaz in 2007 due to extremely long periods. I was not sexually active when I first started taking Yaz. After about a year, I was switched to Ocella, but it was still basically the same thing. I Ocella for just under 5 years. I stopped taking it one month ago. I had ZERO sex drive, very poor natural lubrication, and cramps that had me doubled over every few months. I never really got pimples, so that's a plus. But I still had longer periods than I would have liked.

May 29, 2012 9:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I got on Yaz right when in 2007. I have been on it ever since than. I've thought about switching because of all the negative stories and scary side effects people are claiming Yaz has. But honestly, I love this birth control. I don't have any symptoms during my period. I don't get cramps, bloating, etc. Although, I do get acne during my period, but it consist of 2-3 pimples that go away when my period stops. My period only lasts 3 days, it's light, and before Yaz I'd last up to 7 days and it was very heavy. I have nothing bad to say about it and would recommend it to anyone.

May 21, 2012 12:16 PM

Review by lucy375 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I was on Lutera before it was suggested that I switch to the generic form of Yaz in order to help clear up my skin. so I did. For the first weeks or so I was very tired and had excruciating headaches, both of which were very out of character for me. This resolved after about a week. As for my skin it took probably about 4 months to clear up, but after it cleared up it stayed that way, thanks to Yaz. On the negative side, this pill brought my libido into the negative. Also dryness became an issue which of course further effected my libido in a negative way, besides just being embarrassing in general. Now my insurance has decided to no longer cover it so I am switching, I am worried about my skin, but excited to have my sex life back.

May 18, 2012 10:16 PM

Review by Boo02:

For Birth Control: Hi All, I was on Yasmin for some 9 years and just moved onto Yaz 4 months ago. I loved Yaz for the first month however, I am now finding that I have TERRIBLE mood swings...VERY emotional...cry for no apparent reason and get very angry! I've also found that I have zero sex drive. The only time I have one is when I am on the sugar pills..for the rest of the month I just feel numb! Hasn't any one else had a similar experience? I'm thinking of trying the Merino Coil...any ideas? Thanks :)

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2012 1:49 AM

Review by Ally D.:

For Birth Control: I'm 26 and was on Yaz for 8 months, first time taking birth control pills. I had very tender breasts and a light two-week period for the first month. It made my acne disappear and made my body hair slightly thinner/took care of a weird chin hair that I had. No noticeable weight gain or loss. I had vaginal dryness throughout, just took a little more time to get me going although no change in sex drive. Experienced vaginal irritation post-pill due to soap I was using. Periods never got lighter/shorter. Only slightly reduced PMS (cramps, bloating, etc.)

April 16, 2012 1:05 PM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I have been suffering from PMDD since I was 13. Now at age 41 finally Yaz dramatically changed my life.

March 9, 2012 11:41 PM

I miss Yaz! My insurance company won't cover the brand name now that it's got a generic (Gianvi). I was on Yaz for 4 years, and I had a great experience. My acne went away completely, PMS was more tolerable, my periods were short (3 days), and my breasts even grew, which I really like! The only problem was that I had to stop wearing contacts because my eyes got dry, but the drying effect only bothered my eyes with Yaz. Definitely would recommend!

March 4, 2012 7:01 PM

Review by texascandy:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Started taking Yaz for heavy periods and very severe PMS/PMDD. Two weeks in to the first pack and I started bleeding. Not just normal but really bad bleeding. A week later and I was in the emergency room being admitted for severe blood loss and had 3 units of blood transfused.

February 19, 2012 9:52 PM

For Birth Control: YAZ is wonderful! I was on it a year ago but lost my INS so stopped using it but I'm back on it now. I went to a new doctor and she first gave me a different pill which made me moody and have little to no sex drive which for a 22yr old is a bit ridiculous, but YAZ once again made everything better. My breasts grew a bit my appetite is back to normal rather than eating all the time and my sex drive is very much up to par. I've always gotten headaches before I start my period so that was nothing new. My one negative is the cramping when I forget to take it but even that isn't bad.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2012 1:06 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on Yaz for four years and haven't had ANY negative effects. It controls my hormones and lightens up my period plus great for your face if you have acne. Ever since I've been on it I haven't had acne. I recommend this mostly to teens for acne and hormones.

February 1, 2012 1:07 PM

It made me a lot more emotional and anti- social. I also gained weight but that's expected in birth control.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2012 9:55 PM

For Menstrual Disorders: Not a lot of side effects compared to other birth controls I have been on. Breasts have gotten quite big and heavy, not a fan of this but the boyfriend is. I'm starting month 3 and last period came a day after stopped taking active pills, first month on it didn't start until I started active pills again so my body is adjusting well. All in all its the best pill I have taken. I much prefer the copper IUD but have a bicornuate uterus so cannot use IUD.

January 2, 2012 11:17 AM

Review by SBSterling:

For Birth Control: If you were moody or depressed before, this pill should not be your "go to" pill. The bottom line is it prevents unwanted pregnancies with some positive and negative side effects. I personally, love it! I gave lost 20 plus pounds (although I am a runner), and my periods are very light.

December 29, 2011 6:05 AM

For Menstrual Disorders: For years I never had a regular period. Sometimes they would even be 6 months apart. With a busy lifestyle it is extremely hard to prepare for periods when it is unpredictable when they will be. With Yaz I have an idea of when I get them, usually exactly a month apart. It also helps my acne and I have not gained any weight. For anyone with irregular periods use this product it helps so much and you won't regret it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2011 8:41 AM

For Birth Control: The only good thing that came from Yaz was that it completely cleared up my mild acne, I mean flawless skin. However, I went from a 34 a to a 34 d in 3 months and gained 15 pounds that no matter how much I exercised I couldn't lose. Another negative it gave me chronic headaches and an upset stomach 24/7. Another plus was that I didn't get pregnant on this pill! Overall great pill for acne, bad for other side effects.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2011 12:29 PM

For Acne: I used to get breakouts on my chin area, and have rough skin on my cheeks and forehead with red blotches. My dermatologist recommended the Lady Soma Renewal Serum - WOW. This has totally changed my skin into even toned, soft and blemish free. It is way cheaper than other retinol creams, and works great. I highly recommend it - it only took like a week for me to notice a real change, and after a few weeks I am amazed.

December 8, 2011 11:23 PM