User Reviews for Yaz

Birth Control 171 reviews 249 medications

6.8
Summary of Yaz reviews 303 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Yaz

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Before Yaz I was very moody almost bipolar and my periods were very heavy and painful. After Yaz I am myself again and my periods are light and regular. I love the feeling of being in control of my body and Yaz has helped me feel that. It's my miracle."

Sweetsc June 19, 2013

For Acne "I've been on yaz for over 6 months now, and it has been the only thing that cleared up my acne in the last 8 years. I had very severe cystic acne on my forehead, cheeks and chin (basically all over my face). After taking Yaz for 3 months, my acne started to clear up dramatically. I can now go out without wearing 5 pounds of makeup! "

kshyun (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 19, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for almost 2 years now and I have had no issues whatsoever. Every individual reacts differently to different medicines. It's common sense to assume the risk outlined on the label."

Jess5 June 12, 2013

For Acne "This is the first pill I have ever taken that is hormone related, and the main reason was for acne. Within the first week all my acne was gone, and never broke out for the year! But after a year, my acne started coming back, and I am now on Yasmin, I was hoping for the same flawless face effect, but I still break out tremendously, especially compared to when I was on Yaz. I'm going to get off Yasmin because the pill just it isn't helping with my acne anymore. However, I enjoyed that year of flawless skin! I didn't have to worry about applying a full face of makeup to leave the house for 5 minutes! Now I'm back to wearing makeup all the time! I hope I find something that works soon."

ata22 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2013

For Birth Control "I started on Lo Loestrin FE for Polycystic ovarian syndrome and then changed to Yaz since my insurance didn't cover Lo Loestrin and besides that it was giving me acne and I was on a emotional roller-coaster. With Yaz, I was feeling way better, slight acne, no weight gain, BUT yeast infections. I'm switching to Yasmin."

ZuSa (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for just about a month. I've noticed some improvement in my acne. I started Yaz just for birth control and because I had having a lot of anxiety and my doctor thought it may help along with my anxiety meds. I haven't noticed a difference with taking Yaz yet, but it's only been a month and I don't exactly have PMDD. So I will keep taking and see what happens over the next few months. The very first pill I took gave me nausea but that was it."

ColoradoMom (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2013

For Acne "I have had acne for 5 years. Tried everything, topicals, antibiotics, not doing anything, diet changes...nothing worked. I was so sad and desperate and felt so ugly all the time. Then I finally gave in and tried Yaz. Almost immediately acne improved. A year later I never breakout anymore! It's so amazing and now I'm so much more happier and confident. And my hyper-pigmentation is finally having a chance to fade out without new ones popping up I had no side effects at all. This has turned my life around but its still a medicine that may have side effects, but it's worked for me so may work for you as well."

sasha1992 April 8, 2013

For Acne "Having been on Estelle-35 for nearly a year (which gave me the worst acne of my life, 10 x worse than it already was), I decided to change to Yaz. I'm in my third month of taking it and I think I've broken out (4-6 spots at the same time) twice, whereas before I was getting 4-6 new spots per day. No initial breakouts. Only had one cyst in nearly three months. The only side effect was my fault - I didn't wait until my period to start taking them and had breakthrough bleeding for around three weeks. I haven't experienced any weight gain, headaches etc. If you're deciding whether to try the pill for your acne, just do it. Seriously. It's done wonders for my confidence and anxiety, and I can actually look people in the eye now!"

Nat-Yaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I loved this pill. I was taking it for PMDD as well as very painful and heavy periods. I took or for about three months with no side effects except my breasts grew a full cup size and were incredibly sensitive. Then on my fourth month I had breakthrough bleeding the whole month! I wish this hadn't happened as I was really happy with Yaz. My doctor just switched me to Yasmin, so we will see!"

guit4rheroine March 27, 2013

For Birth Control "Yaz was amazing for my life. I was on it since a teenager. I stopped taking it when all the new health warnings came out because my OB recommended it. I didn't like every other birth control after. I then had two children and went to an intrauterine device and didn't like that either. I then switched to another pill (awful) along with the Nuvaring. Then I begged to switch back to Yaz. I love it still. Although the cost is higher this time around."

:) (taken for 10 years or more) March 14, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Like most people have said, Yaz changed my life. I've been on it for a few years for PMDD and I can really tell a huge difference. Before PMDD I was severely depressed and suicidal. Now, I'm barely even moody. As a 21 year old though, I'm worried about relying on Yaz for the rest of my life. "

anneval February 11, 2013

"I've been on the Yaz pill for a year and a half now due to problems with my ovaries. When I first started I had my period for 29 days. After that everything has been perfect, my skin cleared and I didn't gain weight or get moody at all. Now I've been off it for two months and I've gained weight, got horrid skin and moody and short tempered. That's my only down side. I've had the biggest problem as a teen its hard to get the money for this expensive pill that not only prevents unwanted pregnancy but also helps with medical issues. I live in a small town with only two chemists and cheapest is $87. 00"

kace67 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been experimenting with different brands of birth control for 15 years. I took every pill under the sun, including the shot but always suffered terrible side effects from nausea and vomiting, to crazy mood swings, depression, anxiety and weight gain. Yaz is the ONLY pill I've been able to tolerate. I have very minimal side effects (some breast tenderness, occasional spotting). My skin looks great, I have more energy, I haven't gained a single pound, my periods are light, I still have a sex drive, and my emotions are not all over the place. I get that everyone is different and what works for some may be a nightmare for others, but if you've not been able to tolerate any other brands I'd give Yaz a try."

JB3198 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2013

For Acne "Started Yaz a little over a week. I decided to go on for birth control reason, but also to help with what I think to be hormone related acne. I would get a few pimples here and there, sometimes some bad breakouts around my period but nothing too drastic. My skin was clear when I started the pack, but the very next day after taking the first pill I started to breakout. I got large, painful cysts on my left cheek and some smaller pimples on my chin. It started with just one but it seemed as though a new cyst was forming every day. I have been drinking as much water as possible, eating lots of fruits and veggies, no dairy, limited sugar, to try and help with the breakout. So far no improvement. "

AZE (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "This is my second day on Yaz. I have been on countless other birth control such as Marvelon, Tri-cyclen Lo, Demulen, and most recently, Aviane. When I was on Marvelon, I never noticed anything while I was taking the pills side effect wise, but my periods were unbearably heavy. On Tri-cyclen, my period was light, but it never stopped, for 3 months! On Demulen I went into a deep depression that I am still getting over. And finally, on Aviane, it was great, but I gained about 40 lbs in the past year. I went on Yaz to help keep me upbeat and happy (coupled with my daily dose of Prozac), and to hopefully help me shed some weight and give me comfortable and short periods. So far, so good. High libido and no negative side effects except slight headache."

guitarheroine91 (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2012

For Acne "I had terrible hormonal acne to where I got a new zit or cyst on a daily basis, I never wanted to leave the house and I could hardly interact with my boyfriend or friends. Yaz used to keep my skin clear then I stopped taking it because I was afraid of health risks, but my skin was so uncontrollable (even on a raw vegan diet, lots of water, yoga, etc.) that I really didn't care. The first month my cheeks broke out and I was worried if it would work again, but now, at month three I can eat chocolate all day wash my face whenever and I don't get more than a whitehead here or there that goes away in a day, and it's only getting better. Yay to yaz! Just give it time!"

Anonymous November 3, 2012

For Birth Control "This was my first experience with birth control. From a physical side it was great, lighter, shorter periods and no side effects. But it turned me into a miserable, emotional mess. Almost ruined my relationship with my mood swings, neediness and constant breakdowns. It took a long time for me to begin suspecting Yaz, and it was only when the pharmacy was out and gave me Yasmin instead that my suspicions were confirmed, I am 100 % happier and more emotionally stable now."

ninjakowski (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2012

For Birth Control "This is my second month on Yaz. I'm 16, I have had my period for 3 weeks! It won't stop."

alecis (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2012

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been on Gianvi for about 5 years or more. I have severe PMDD problems, as well as a family history of severe period problems as well (too heavy bleeding, cramps, etc). Yaz has improved my PMDD symptoms by about 80%. It also makes my periods very light and easy with no cramps. I also have bad hormonal acne and Yaz clears my skin and makes it glow. I still get 1 or 2 pimples around my period but that's it. I went off Yaz for 9 months and it gave me horrible rebound cystic acne that makes me reinstate (my skin was getting ruined!) I am staying on it indefinitely and am fine with that. I love it."

Anonymous October 5, 2012

For Acne "I've been on Yaz for about 3 months and so far it has been great. I've suffered from acne since I was 12 (I'm 30 now) to the extent that it's really had a negative effect on my life but now it's almost all cleared up. I barely even need to wear makeup anymore. There has been no weight gain except for slightly bigger breasts and it's great knowing when my period is going to come. Previously it would come randomly. It also doesn't last as long, now only 4 or 5 days when before it could be 7 or 8."

Suzbee30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2012

For Birth Control "I actually loved Yaz. I wasn't moody and lost about 20 lbs on it. I don't think the weight loss was just from taking the pill but it wasn't at all hard to shed the extra pounds through a little exercise on this. "

Anonymous September 4, 2012

For Birth Control "I wanted to say I had high hopes for this pill. I was on Alesse before Yaz. It was great at first but then Alesse started to make me depressed after 5 months. My doctor prescribed Yaz. Usually I'm very cheerful and happy, especially these days when NOTHING IS WRONG. Day 1 on Yaz I started to have anxiety and panic attacks about every little thing. Day 2 I would cry for no reason and felt anxious all day, if I wasn't crying it was because I was distracting myself from the bad thoughts that kept creeping up on me. Day 3 I couldn't be alone without freaking out, just panic attacks. I can't function like this!!"

Anonymous August 15, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on YAZ for 18 months. Since starting Yaz, I've noticed no major weight changes (maybe lost a few pounds, but I attribute that to stress) and some minor acne breakouts. The biggest three changes were mood swings, change in menstrual flow, and a HUGE decrease in libido. My husband noticed my mood swings and said I seem to be overall less enthusiastic about life. My flow changed to some very strange bleeding (heavy in the morning, nonexistent at night, sometimes lasting 10 days). Overall, my period flow was lighter, I just couldn't seem to get a normal flow. The lack of libido has been a huge deal in my marriage. I went from wanting sex a few times a week to not wanting it at ALL."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 7, 2012

For Birth Control "I started Yaz and immediately noticed my anxiety levels go through the roof, particularly within the first two hours of taking it. I was jittery, had mild heart palpitations, fogginess, indecisiveness, restless sleep and was extremely depressive and teary. My skin also erupted with acne. Upside: I lost a ton of water weight and grew breasts! I gave up after 10 days, too many contraindications in too short amount of time. "

zoedee (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2012

For Birth Control "I had the worst mood swings on Yaz. Cried basically every day over the stupidest things, made me extremely tired and stressed, and made me gain a ton of weight. After a year of being on it I switched to Tri-cyclen and couldn't be happier."

r.alexis (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2012