User Reviews for Yaz

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 271 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

Review by lucy375 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I was on Lutera before it was suggested that I switch to the generic form of Yaz in order to help clear up my skin. so I did. For the first weeks or so I was very tired and had excruciating headaches, both of which were very out of character for me. This resolved after about a week. As for my skin it took probably about 4 months to clear up, but after it cleared up it stayed that way, thanks to Yaz. On the negative side, this pill brought my libido into the negative. Also dryness became an issue which of course further effected my libido in a negative way, besides just being embarrassing in general. Now my insurance has decided to no longer cover it so I am switching, I am worried about my skin, but excited to have my sex life back.

May 18, 2012 10:16 PM

Review by Boo02:

For Birth Control: Hi All, I was on Yasmin for some 9 years and just moved onto Yaz 4 months ago. I loved Yaz for the first month however, I am now finding that I have TERRIBLE mood swings...VERY emotional...cry for no apparent reason and get very angry! I've also found that I have zero sex drive. The only time I have one is when I am on the sugar pills..for the rest of the month I just feel numb! Hasn't any one else had a similar experience? I'm thinking of trying the Merino Coil...any ideas? Thanks :)

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2012 1:49 AM

Review by Ally D.:

For Birth Control: I'm 26 and was on Yaz for 8 months, first time taking birth control pills. I had very tender breasts and a light two-week period for the first month. It made my acne disappear and made my body hair slightly thinner/took care of a weird chin hair that I had. No noticeable weight gain or loss. I had vaginal dryness throughout, just took a little more time to get me going although no change in sex drive. Experienced vaginal irritation post-pill due to soap I was using. Periods never got lighter/shorter. Only slightly reduced PMS (cramps, bloating, etc.)

April 16, 2012 1:05 PM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I have been suffering from PMDD since I was 13. Now at age 41 finally Yaz dramatically changed my life.

March 9, 2012 11:41 PM

I miss Yaz! My insurance company won't cover the brand name now that it's got a generic (Gianvi). I was on Yaz for 4 years, and I had a great experience. My acne went away completely, PMS was more tolerable, my periods were short (3 days), and my breasts even grew, which I really like! The only problem was that I had to stop wearing contacts because my eyes got dry, but the drying effect only bothered my eyes with Yaz. Definitely would recommend!

March 4, 2012 7:01 PM

Review by texascandy:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Started taking Yaz for heavy periods and very severe PMS/PMDD. Two weeks in to the first pack and I started bleeding. Not just normal but really bad bleeding. A week later and I was in the emergency room being admitted for severe blood loss and had 3 units of blood transfused.

February 19, 2012 9:52 PM

For Birth Control: YAZ is wonderful! I was on it a year ago but lost my INS so stopped using it but I'm back on it now. I went to a new doctor and she first gave me a different pill which made me moody and have little to no sex drive which for a 22yr old is a bit ridiculous, but YAZ once again made everything better. My breasts grew a bit my appetite is back to normal rather than eating all the time and my sex drive is very much up to par. I've always gotten headaches before I start my period so that was nothing new. My one negative is the cramping when I forget to take it but even that isn't bad.

February 3, 2012 1:06 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on Yaz for four years and haven't had ANY negative effects. It controls my hormones and lightens up my period plus great for your face if you have acne. Ever since I've been on it I haven't had acne. I recommend this mostly to teens for acne and hormones.

February 1, 2012 1:07 PM

It made me a lot more emotional and anti- social. I also gained weight but that's expected in birth control.

January 16, 2012 9:55 PM

For Menstrual Disorders: Not a lot of side effects compared to other birth controls I have been on. Breasts have gotten quite big and heavy, not a fan of this but the boyfriend is. I'm starting month 3 and last period came a day after stopped taking active pills, first month on it didn't start until I started active pills again so my body is adjusting well. All in all its the best pill I have taken. I much prefer the copper IUD but have a bicornuate uterus so cannot use IUD.

January 2, 2012 11:17 AM

Review by SBSterling:

For Birth Control: If you were moody or depressed before, this pill should not be your "go to" pill. The bottom line is it prevents unwanted pregnancies with some positive and negative side effects. I personally, love it! I gave lost 20 plus pounds (although I am a runner), and my periods are very light.

December 29, 2011 6:05 AM

For Menstrual Disorders: For years I never had a regular period. Sometimes they would even be 6 months apart. With a busy lifestyle it is extremely hard to prepare for periods when it is unpredictable when they will be. With Yaz I have an idea of when I get them, usually exactly a month apart. It also helps my acne and I have not gained any weight. For anyone with irregular periods use this product it helps so much and you won't regret it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2011 8:41 AM

For Birth Control: The only good thing that came from Yaz was that it completely cleared up my mild acne, I mean flawless skin. However, I went from a 34 a to a 34 d in 3 months and gained 15 pounds that no matter how much I exercised I couldn't lose. Another negative it gave me chronic headaches and an upset stomach 24/7. Another plus was that I didn't get pregnant on this pill! Overall great pill for acne, bad for other side effects.

December 12, 2011 12:29 PM

For Acne: I used to get breakouts on my chin area, and have rough skin on my cheeks and forehead with red blotches. My dermatologist recommended the Lady Soma Renewal Serum - WOW. This has totally changed my skin into even toned, soft and blemish free. It is way cheaper than other retinol creams, and works great. I highly recommend it - it only took like a week for me to notice a real change, and after a few weeks I am amazed.

December 8, 2011 11:23 PM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I have been taking Yaz for roughly around 7 years, it was a miracle pill for my PMDD when I first started taking it. Over the past 3-4 years I have not been feeling up to par. Severe allergies, fatigue, mouth ulcers, no interest in sex, moodiness and stomach pain are just a few of the things I had been experiencing. After a bout of moodiness and having to be talked to twice at work (this never happens, I pride myself in my work ethics) I finally decided to check into the background and rare side effects of Yaz, I have been experiencing all of them! I'm not suggesting this will happen to everyone but if you start to not quite feel yourself it never hurts to check into your medications background. I will stop taking Yaz!

December 2, 2011 1:35 PM

Review by Tiff2011:

For Birth Control: I was on the pill called Diane when I was in my early 20s and found that it made me anxious and depressed. I went off the pill all together because it scared me. I found that I started to break out after I got off it and no matter what face products I used, the pimples would not go away. I then went to my GP and explained the effects that I got from my recent experience with the pill. She then recommended that I try Yaz. It was the best advise I have ever been given. It took a few months to kick in but my period pains aren't as bad as they used to be, I'm happier, my sex drive is great and my pimples are finally clearing up! Although this has worked for me, I would suggest speaking with your GP to see if this is right for you.

November 26, 2011 11:30 PM

Review by salKarfhbdj:

For Birth Control: Great ...I'm not pregnant.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2011 3:27 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on Yaz for about 3 years now. I was initially worried about it due to the bad media, but I was assured those issues had been resolved and were rare. I was put on Yaz due to my bad acne. Ever since taking it my periods have been lighter, shorter, my acne has lessened (not disappeared), and have gained no weight (at least due to the pill). I do have major migraines, but its due to an eye condition. At first I had emotional issues I believe were caused by the pill and a low sex drive. But after 3 months of use everything leveled out and was eventually better than when I started. The only problem I've ever had was when I was taken off Yaz for about 2 months due to insurance issues.

October 29, 2011 3:46 PM

Review by Female1993:

For Birth Control: Before Yaz, I was on Levlen (for three months). During that time, I developed cysts on my ovaries, extremely heavy periods and awful cystic acne on my chin. I also gained some weight. My doctor suggested Yaz, however I wanted to do some of my own research into this medicine. The Internet provided horrific reviews of this drug. I became so scared of Yaz before I'd even tried it! Eventually my doctor convinced me to give it a go (with some free sample sheets- it's not cheap!) and my goodness, it is the best thing I've ever done. I've been on Yaz for six months now and I can honestly say the positives greatly outweigh any negatives. My periods regulated, the cysts disappeared (shrank) and my acne cleared (in 3/4 months; it was very bad).

October 27, 2011 5:59 AM

For Birth Control: I love Yaz. I have been on Yaz for about 3 years now. I was originally on the off brand of Othro Tri-Cyclen and hated it! I became someone I didn't know, I was moody, I would cry for no reason no matter what part of my cycle I was in. I had absolutely no sex drive! Now I am on Yaz and I feel like myself, I have a normal sex drive, I haven't gained any weight. I haven't had any issues with Yaz. My periods are short and light and easy. Best birth control pill I have ever been on!

October 24, 2011 4:52 PM

Review by FrauMueller:

For Birth Control: I started taking Yaz about six months ago and I'm not too thrilled. One of the worst things that happened while I was on it was when I had an emotional break down at work. I started crying, hysterically, because my boss asked me to pick up a piece of trash...seriously. I experience the worst mood wings and I'm starting to feel extremely depressed. The good thing about this pill is that it did shorten my period to about three days and the bleeding is very light. That's about where the good things end. My boyfriend, family, and friends have told me that I have turned really nasty these past few months. I'm usually a really laid back person but Yaz has changed me. I can't wait to try out a different form of birth control.

October 20, 2011 6:25 PM

For Acne: I was on Yaz for 5 months. I'm normally a really upbeat happy person. It turned me into an absolute monster. Very angry, all the time. I noticed it about two weeks after taking it. The only good thing about it was that I experienced no hair loss, no weight gain.

October 19, 2011 11:59 AM

Review by anna k:

For Acne: I'm 25 and have been suffering from acne for more than 10 yrs. I tried many topical creams with hardly any results (Differin, tretinoin, etc). I had moderate acne, I would get large red painful pimples that stayed on my face for weeks and also very oily skin. Tried birth control Loestrin with no improvements. Then stronger topical creams- no avail. My dermatologist suggested Beyaz. As always I was willing to try anything. Within three weeks my face started clearing. Such a huge change! I've been on the pill now for 4 months and I want to sing! I do not get large red pus filled pimples anymore and my skin is no longer oily even with makeup on. I still have one or two zits usually, but that is so much better compared to how I looked before.

October 19, 2011 12:48 AM

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for about 6 months about 2 years ago and loved it. It made my skin great, I lost weight, controlled my crazy mood swings, and totally increased my sex drive. I was put on it because I had gotten pregnant on a different pill. The only reason I stopped was to try the Nuvaring which was the worst idea ever. I stopped that, and for whatever reason the doctor didn't put me back on Yaz, just a different generic of something else that made me lose libido, gain weight, get acne everything bad. Then I decided to stop taking birth control all together to try and get pregnant. Didn't work, still all bad mood swings and acne but found out about polycystic ovarian syndrome. Going back on Yaz tomorrow, only thing that keeps me from being crazy.

October 12, 2011 4:54 PM

For Acne: I started taking Yaz 2 months ago and for the first 5 weeks I hated it. My skin was worse then ever and I was about to stop. It's been close to 8 weeks now and my skin feels amazing! I have no bumps left on my face, maybe a few scars but they are slowly fading! I use Phisophex with Yaz and so far it's amazing. Keep going with Yaz and don't get freaked out in the first few weeks. I didn't gain any weight and no other side effects. I'm all for Yaz.

October 11, 2011 10:12 PM