User Reviews for Paxil

7.2
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paxil reviews 370 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Paxil

For Anxiety "I used to be a paratrooper but as I aged I developed anxieties that eventually interfered with my daily life. For example I became terrified of flying, driving in winter, or crossing bridges. I got to the point where I would cross a bridge and even though I knew my fears were irrational, I felt like I would pass out when crossing one and would drive many miles to avoid them. I was talking to a total stranger and mentioned my irrational fear of driving in winter and he suggested Paxil. He was a rough neck hunter who developed a fear of climbing tree stands which made him unable to hunt. I figured if it worked for him I should try it! Thank goodness I did! Game Changer! I cross bridges and am amazed I ever feared them!"

Old_Paratrooper_Afraid_To_Fly May 5, 2015

For Anxiety "I've taken 10 mg for 5 years for panic disorder, and it has drastically improved my quality of life. I also take 10 mg of Buspar because I did experience a very bad panic attack one year ago. I used to take 20 mgs over 5 years ago for 6 months, but it affected my sexual response. I think so long as you take JUST enough, it can really work."

storey. (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was suicidal for many years, I tried NOT to commit suicide but ended up trying 5 times, I started in 180 miligrams of Elavil but craved sweets and gained weight and was always tired. I started on Paxil and have taken it for 20 or so years. I started at 50mg and now take 40mg, I feel completely normal. I haven't gained weight. My diagnosis was Major Endoginal Depression."

janny b May 2, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "At first, I was a little bit afraid to try Paxil after reading some reviews but I thought to myself anything has to be better than the daily stress and anxiety that I was dealing with. I've been on it for a month and I can absolutely say it's been a life changing experience! I no longer have daily panic attacks and I can go out in public without a care! Before Paxil, I struggled in public situations. I would often feel anxiety and if everyone was staring and judging me. But now I don't even think about it. I just go on with my business and enjoy my days! If you're struggling with daily panic attacks and anxiety like I was, I highly recommend at least giving it a try!"

jlynnej April 27, 2015

For Postpartum Depression "So far it's good I had a bad case of postpartum depression And in less then a month I was feeling like my self again And it really helps my anxiety as well no more panic"

Jasmineee April 25, 2015

For Anxiety "My first anti-depressant/anxiety. Removed any anxiety 95 times out of 100 but at the cost of no emotions within your daily life, basically a rock."

Pops91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Paxil was the first medicine I was ever diagnosed with for general anxiety and depression. Yes, the medicine did stop the anxious crazy non stop thoughts, but it also stopped everything else. I didn't care about anything & nothing bothered me. There was one point I almost got fired at work (or came very close to it) & I honestly did not have a nervous bone in my body, blank faced I listened to what my boss told me I did wrong & said "k" then went on with my day. In other words, you just don't care. Paxil was very weird for me... For the first few days I would feel calm, then for about 2 days I'd get this high that made me feel finally like myself again! Then I would feel like a Zombie. I felt like my mouth was glued shut & couldn't laugh."

Made Me A Zombie (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Amazing. Before Paxil, New social situations in my new city at my new job made me almost faint for no reason. I would break out in a sweat and get extremely nervous and re-think how terribly the conversation went until I started Paxil. I'm on the 12.5 MG extended release which is amazing. The night sweats were bad at first but now I don't sleep with the same comforter I used to and they typically never happen anymore. Dreams can be very vivid and intensified especially if I've drank that evening or taken a xanax. Overall it's seriously changed my life for the better and I haven't gained any weight. One side effect would be sex - for the first month or two if was difficult to reach orgasm but now it's back to normal in month 3-4."

Djfkckdksks (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Been on Paxil for 8 yrs for generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks and it saved my life! Recently increased from 30mg to 40mg due to relapse from highly stressful events and can already feel it working again."

Natrlee (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 3, 2015

For Anxiety "I am back to live a normal life. Almost 2 years ago got depression and anxiety after my divorce and started taking Cymbalta 60 mg. For one year, but was still having problems with anxiety which is one of the side effects of the medicine. Two weeks ago I started taking Paxil 20 mg at night and I noticed change after a week and today I can say that Paxil gave me my life back. Please if you start new medicine give it time and you will see light at the end of the tunnel."

Beachfront April 1, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this medicine for a week and a half now and I have regained my life back! The first 4 days on it are hell, but if you just hold on through it, you will notice a world of difference. I can wake up in the mornings feeling like my old self again and go through the day without feeling scared or hyped up. I would definitely recommend it."

Ss868 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

For Anxiety "This drug had some terrible side-effects: loss of sex drive, appetite increase (gained 40pds), and I was falling asleep all of the time. I could also drink staggering amounts of alcohol but never feel very drunk. Paxil also made me unemotional to other people's needs - flattening my personality. Best thing I ever did was get off this drug; eventually curing myself of the anxiety that was causing dizzy spells."

Anon88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Paxil literally saved my life. I have been on Paxil since I was 26 and I am now 40. Out of the blue, I started having severe panic attacks. My psychiatrist gave me paxil. From that day forward, I have not had any panic attacks. The only reason I gave this medication a 9 out of 10 is because, I gained almost 100 lbs on it. I have since lost 50 lbs. It is a great medication for panic disorder; however for depression, I would take something else."

Pizota (taken for 10 years or more) March 18, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on Paxil for 18 years now. Within the last seven years I have developed severe muscle tightness. I go to massage Thearapist and chiropractor every two weeks... This helps sometimes other times I'm still in pain. I'm going to see a rheumatologist next week who thinks it's I might have an immune disorder since I was just diagnosed with raynauds in my toes. Paxil has helped my anxiety but sometimes I feel like I have no emotions and don't react to things that I should be. Which is good and bad. Take care of yourself if you're not feeling well see if a different medication works are different alternatives!! It just took me 18 years."

Sore girl :/ March 17, 2015

For Anxiety "I've been on Paxil 10mg for 18 years, I used to have severe panic attacks and general anxiety disorder. This has helped me live my life, anxiety is a debilitating sickness that interferes with everything you do in life, but only the people who have it can understand that, I recommend it to anyone who has anxiety."

Jesussavior74 March 6, 2015

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Paxil has changed my life for the better. I am 39 years and up until a mobth ago I had been dealing with major social and personal anxiety along with bipolar depression and agoraphobia. I had been prescribed a variety of prescription medications by different doctors over the years until last month by chance a new doctor (a general practitioner) suggested Paxil. It has now been a month and I am a whole new person. I have full of confidence and clear thinking. My thought process is in a positive direction and I'm constantly looking for was to improve my mind, body and spirit. I now have a new job after being on SSI for 4 years I thought I would go to my grave on government assistance. PAXIL SAVED MY LIFE!!!"

Molly F. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2015

For Depression "I have been on Paxil for 3 weeks. Previously I was on Lexapro and it worked well, however, I wanted to quit smoking, so was switched to Paxil. I have noticed I am sleeping all night through without getting up at 2 or 3 am and staying up the rest of the night. I do however have the vertigo, but, I have suffered from vertigo for 20 years so I cannot actually attribute that to the Paxil. I also have the appetite loss! I can only eat 1/3 of what I ate previously. So far, so good. I have no problem taking a med for my depression, no different than a heart condition, just much harder to treat! Hoping it keeps going good!"

kmspots March 5, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Paxil for 20 years. I raised my daughter alone while on this medication, and I thank God for it! In 20 years I've had one serious episode, my doctor added Risperidone to my regimen for a few weeks. This helped level me out again. I am happy to report, I believe Paxil saved my life!"

pongyi (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2015

For Depression "I was wondering why I had irregular bowel movements for quite some time. I went to Dr. after Dr. explaining my symptoms (constipation, bloating, back pain, dark stool.) Most of them thought I had IBS or an allergy to gluten. I had these symptoms from 2009 till recently. After some thought I decided to switch my medication. My Psychologist wrote me a new prescription and I started to ween of the paxil. 2 weeks into my new medication schedule I started to feel 1000 times better! I go to the bathroom daily now just as a healthy person should. In fact, it seems like my body is trying to make up for lost time. Needless to say, Paxil I feel is the cause of my extreme constipation."

7mike3 March 3, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This really does work. I've never been more confident and happier. Even my family and friends said something has changed. I also don't get as nervous in intimate situations. Give it a try if you're skeptical."

ktttt (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Made me feel like I was floating. Lasted 12-18 hours after each dose. I had to stop it to function at all."

ugene1234 February 7, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I had anxiety all of my life and I didn't even know it until 2012 and Paxil change my life and now I'm back to my old self. And I only took it for to months thanks for my doctor given it to me."

tokei (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

For Anxiety "Works great for my anxiety. Have experienced some negative side effects such as terrible night sweats and "highs and lows"."

Erica0812 January 19, 2015

For Anxiety "I had my first anxiety attack when my oldest son was 2 years old & ended up in the ER. My doctor prescribed Paxil & it really helped. I've been on it for about 16 years now..even took it when I was pregnant with my second child. The only side effect I've really had is weight gain."

Anonymous January 18, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I love Paxil but I have to say I have pur on weight being on it and I have the most horrible vivid nightmares where I can't wakeup. I think it works great for anxiety but I think maybe this medicine has stopped working because I've been on it so long it has improved my life for the better but I'm thinking of changing now cause it just doesn't do the same for me anymore."

Ashleyyy January 6, 2015