Pill Identifier App

Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paxil reviews 354 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Paxil

Review by Ss868 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this medicine for a week and a half now and I have regained my life back! The first 4 days on it are hell, but if you just hold on through it, you will notice a world of difference. I can wake up in the mornings feeling like my old self again and go through the day without feeling scared or hyped up. I would definitely recommend it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2015 7:57 AM

Review by Jesussavior74:

For Anxiety: I've been on Paxil 10mg for 18 years, I used to have severe panic attacks and general anxiety disorder. This has helped me live my life, anxiety is a debilitating sickness that interferes with everything you do in life, but only the people who have it can understand that, I recommend it to anyone who has anxiety.

March 6, 2015 12:42 PM

Review by pongyi (taken for 10 years or more):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have been on Paxil for 20 years. I raised my daughter alone while on this medication, and I thank God for it! In 20 years I've had one serious episode, my doctor added Risperidone to my regimen for a few weeks. This helped level me out again. I am happy to report, I believe Paxil saved my life!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 7:54 AM

Review by ktttt (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: This really does work. I've never been more confident and happier. Even my family and friends said something has changed. I also don't get as nervous in intimate situations. Give it a try if you're skeptical.

February 8, 2015 8:53 PM

Review by ugene1234:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Made me feel like I was floating. Lasted 12-18 hours after each dose. I had to stop it to function at all.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 5:15 PM

Review by tokei (taken for less than 1 month):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I had anxiety all of my life and I didn't even know it until 2012 and Paxil change my life and now I'm back to my old self. And I only took it for to months thanks for my doctor given it to me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 11:55 PM

Review by Erica0812:

For Anxiety: Works great for my anxiety. Have experienced some negative side effects such as terrible night sweats and "highs and lows".

January 19, 2015 9:53 AM

For Anxiety: I had my first anxiety attack when my oldest son was 2 years old & ended up in the ER. My doctor prescribed Paxil & it really helped. I've been on it for about 16 years now..even took it when I was pregnant with my second child. The only side effect I've really had is weight gain.

January 18, 2015 8:56 PM

Review by Ashleyyy:

For Anxiety and Stress: I love Paxil but I have to say I have pur on weight being on it and I have the most horrible vivid nightmares where I can't wakeup. I think it works great for anxiety but I think maybe this medicine has stopped working because I've been on it so long it has improved my life for the better but I'm thinking of changing now cause it just doesn't do the same for me anymore.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 8:28 PM

Review by CoreyTheFemale (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Paxil is better than other medicines I have taken for my anxiety by far. But, there are flaws with it. Being forgetful, I forget to take my medicine sometimes, and if I forget, I will get sick due to withdrawal. I am also a very skinny person and a picky eater already, and with taking Paxil, I have an extreme loss of appetite. Eating to me is now a chore and my body will not tell me when I am hungry until I go into shock due to malnutrition. But, all of this is worth it to get rid of my terrible anxiety. It is extremely worth it.

January 6, 2015 9:15 AM

Review by EmilyN19:

For Anxiety and Stress: There is a lot of other reviews that I have read that sums a lot of it up. Yes, you will most likely experience yawning, nausea, and headaches at first. It does go away! At first I also noticed a change in my sex life. I could still get in the mood but found it near impossible to orgasm. Also, with sleep, I did feel tired for a bit, but I think it was because I experienced trouble sleeping at first. I found some things that helped fix some of this: I went from 20mg to 10mg a day. I took it right after breakfast. This one is important! Exercise! I started running again and I found that it had an extremely positive effect and it went well with the medication. A lot of the jitters I got at first went away, it helped me sleep better, and more!

December 28, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by HateDamnRobotText:

For Anxiety: Waking up with negative thoughts and anxiety mostly in the morning, most of my life. Due to major problems at work, Dr gave me Zoloft and the like--- all were HORRID. Finally heard about Paxil, got on it, and the days all became sunny, with birds singing outside, even in winter. Was on it (20mg I think) for more than 8 years. The ONLY downside was major loss of sexual interest. Perhaps the dose was too high. Easily weaned off of it 2 years ago, over 1 month, without problems, except that the anxieties are back. At age 70, I may go back on it.

December 24, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by drkatie2:

For Depression: I have been on Paxil now for about 10 years. My dosage was 20 milligrams for a long time. Within the last two months I was feeling emotionless. I finally went to my doctor today and described my feelings to her. She changed my dosage to 40 milligrams. I feel better already! If it wasn't for Paxil I would be a basket case like I was before I went on it. I no longer have panic attacks and very little anxiety now. For those who are having a bad experience with Paxil...don't give up. You may need a different dosage or an entirely different antidepressant. Mental fragility is nothing to take lightly. Keep asking for help until you get it. Good luck to all of you.

December 22, 2014 9:57 PM

Review by sassymel (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I've been on Paxil for 3 days and I honestly can say I've been sleep mostly. Jaws are clicking. But I feel calm .. I hope it works out for Me. I also started meditations so I've been real spaced out. I can barely live my life with my anxiety. I will definitely post in 2 weeks with my progress.

December 14, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by Sharub (taken for 10 years or more):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: First of all, I never realized that I had OCD until I told my doctor I couldn't sleep because I couldn't control my thoughts. I thought OCD only manifested itself in physical rituals. Paxil has literally saved my life. It broke a 14 year cycle of racing, uncontrollable thoughts/insomnia/anxiety/depression. I have been taking Paxil for 15 years now.

December 11, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: My anxiety sky rocketed while on this medication so much that my doctor prescribed Xanax. I was terrified and unable to sleep for more than a couple hours.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2014 5:34 PM

Review by Redhead0893:

For Depression: Paxil was the first antidepressant I was put on when I was first diagnosed with depression roughly a year and a half ago. While it did stop the suicidal thoughts, the side effects were just not worth it for me. It made me tired ALL THE TIME. And not just kind of sleepy. It was more like I could get a full nights rest, wake up, and not half an hour later feel so exhausted that if I laid down on the ground I could take a nap right there. It also took away my ability to orgasm. I'm a 21 y/o (20 at the time) college girl who is a pretty sexually open person. So to say I was not down to never have another orgasm while on it would be a huge understatement. Did work, but not worth the side effects.

December 6, 2014 12:49 PM

Review by Johnnie4 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have been on Paxil for over 20 years. I always hoped something better would come along, i.e., without side effects of weight gain and dry mouth. I have most of my back teeth crowned and have lost a few and have implants. It's a choice. Nothing is benign, but I have found this is the only medication that I can tolerate, and it does help. So, I guess I will stick it out and see. Good medication, not so good side effects.

December 5, 2014 4:05 PM

Review by luck1313 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: This was the only medicine I could take and didn't have a care or worry in the world.

November 29, 2014 6:48 AM

Review by OnlyAMemory (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: The only reason I am giving this medication a '9' is because I'm my 5th week in and I've feel better than I did before taking the medication. I would say in my 3rd to 4th week I started feeling better and to my old self. Don't get me wrong...I still had moments of anxiety and stress, but nothing like it used to be. Recently, I've been preparing for a CT Scan and I think it's caused my anxiety to spike again. I'm staying positive and trying to face the reality that my worry is the cause of the anxiety. I know the full effect with Paxil doesn't kick in until 3 months and I am going to stay on it to benefit from it. Like I said, it's been a tremendous blessing, but still got a hill to climb. It's most important to face our problems head-on.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2014 12:49 PM

Review by babyface714:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I was on 10mg of Paxil for the first time in my life and it increased my anxiety so bad I missed work went off and I felt good for a week now I'm back to feeling bad and missing more work. I might try Prozac but very nervous.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 3:20 PM

Review by SJM87:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: It really works!!! But I gained 14 pounds

November 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by l3x (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been taking this for 6 -7 months. It works good for me but when I miss 1 or 2 days my mood it's really high. I will fight or yell, but when I take it to cool down it works. I was 147lbs when I started it and now I'm 127lbs. I have lost a lot and I'm happy. I eat a lot but when I do eat its just a little. Sometime I even forget to drink or eat anything on this pill but I like it as long as I take it everyday I'm happy.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 10:52 PM

Review by MissJulia:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have been depressed with major social anxiety for over five years. I've always been scared to try any medication. Lately it's been unbearable. I have too much social anxiety that I can't even sit through job interviews or simple things like going shopping alone. I'm 25 and have been on Paxil for less than a month. The first two weeks were bad. I'd wake up at odd hours of the night and be wide awake. I'd feel like puking throughout the day along with being very drowsy. Don't worry. It does subside. I feel like going out more and I'm not too worried as I usually am about people judging me or looking at me. I participate in small talk with strangers. I am free to go out without worrying. I'm content.

October 26, 2014 3:18 PM

Review by Jade- jade:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I've been on Paxil close to a week now. It took the doctor close to two month for me to agree to trying it. I tried everything to overcome my anxiety naturally and I really felt like I hit breaking point. Because I have two young children, I knew it was important that I gave this a go...even though I'm in early days my mind seems content. I'm still trying to get used to it though. After stressing about trivial stuff for so long its strange to feel that I have my life back.

October 12, 2014 2:45 AM