User Reviews for Paxil

Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paxil reviews 339 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paxil

Review by sassymel (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I've been on Paxil for 3 days and I honestly can say I've been sleep mostly. Jaws are clicking. But I feel calm .. I hope it works out for Me. I also started meditations so I've been real spaced out. I can barely live my life with my anxiety. I will definitely post in 2 weeks with my progress.

December 14, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by Sharub (taken for 10 years or more):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: First of all, I never realized that I had OCD until I told my doctor I couldn't sleep because I couldn't control my thoughts. I thought OCD only manifested itself in physical rituals. Paxil has literally saved my life. It broke a 14 year cycle of racing, uncontrollable thoughts/insomnia/anxiety/depression. I have been taking Paxil for 15 years now.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: My anxiety sky rocketed while on this medication so much that my doctor prescribed Xanax. I was terrified and unable to sleep for more than a couple hours.

December 7, 2014 5:34 PM

Review by Johnnie4 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have been on Paxil for over 20 years. I always hoped something better would come along, i.e., without side effects of weight gain and dry mouth. I have most of my back teeth crowned and have lost a few and have implants. It's a choice. Nothing is benign, but I have found this is the only medication that I can tolerate, and it does help. So, I guess I will stick it out and see. Good medication, not so good side effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2014 4:05 PM

Review by luck1313 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: This was the only medicine I could take and didn't have a care or worry in the world.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 6:48 AM

Review by babyface714:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I was on 10mg of Paxil for the first time in my life and it increased my anxiety so bad I missed work went off and I felt good for a week now I'm back to feeling bad and missing more work. I might try Prozac but very nervous.

November 23, 2014 3:20 PM

Review by SJM87:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: It really works!!! But I gained 14 pounds

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by l3x (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been taking this for 6 -7 months. It works good for me but when I miss 1 or 2 days my mood it's really high. I will fight or yell, but when I take it to cool down it works. I was 147lbs when I started it and now I'm 127lbs. I have lost a lot and I'm happy. I eat a lot but when I do eat its just a little. Sometime I even forget to drink or eat anything on this pill but I like it as long as I take it everyday I'm happy.

October 26, 2014 10:52 PM

Review by MissJulia:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have been depressed with major social anxiety for over five years. I've always been scared to try any medication. Lately it's been unbearable. I have too much social anxiety that I can't even sit through job interviews or simple things like going shopping alone. I'm 25 and have been on Paxil for less than a month. The first two weeks were bad. I'd wake up at odd hours of the night and be wide awake. I'd feel like puking throughout the day along with being very drowsy. Don't worry. It does subside. I feel like going out more and I'm not too worried as I usually am about people judging me or looking at me. I participate in small talk with strangers. I am free to go out without worrying. I'm content.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 3:18 PM

Review by Jade- jade:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I've been on Paxil close to a week now. It took the doctor close to two month for me to agree to trying it. I tried everything to overcome my anxiety naturally and I really felt like I hit breaking point. Because I have two young children, I knew it was important that I gave this a go...even though I'm in early days my mind seems content. I'm still trying to get used to it though. After stressing about trivial stuff for so long its strange to feel that I have my life back.

October 12, 2014 2:45 AM

Review by Ssimply (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I have been on this medication for one week, I have mild jaw pain and a bit dizzy but I will take that over the madness I felt a week ago. Suicidal, anxious, crying needless to say I was a mess! I still have a few intrusive thoughts but this is one week and I am grateful I went through 3 medications before finding this one and I am glad to say the least I can get back to being a mother and wife.

October 11, 2014 1:03 AM

For Major Depressive Disorder: Before starting Paxil, I was extremely depressed. I did not want to talk to people or have to leave the house for any reason. (Albeit I'm 22). When I would have to go somewhere such as school or the doctor's office I would dread having to leave and I'd be having an internal melt down the entire duration of getting dressed. It didn't matter what I wrote or how much make up I had on, I felt like I was so ugly that people would just stop and stare at me (which I am not ugly and they would not stop and stare). Sometimes I'd be so intimidated from just having to walk through a door into a room and have someone look up that I'd just turn around and go back home. This medicine took all that away and changed my life.

September 29, 2014 10:29 PM

Review by mariashepp:

For Anxiety: I had been on Paxil for about 2 and a half years but recently I decided to go off of it. I have been off for about 2 months now but have all of a sudden experienced such fear and anxiety. I feel the way I did when I went on the pill, never wanting to leave the house, or go to work. I need to work but it's so hard to get through the day! Now my doctor says I will probably need to be on this my whole life. I gained weight when I was on it to which I didn't like. Do you think I should go back on it, I can't function like this though.

September 6, 2014 6:03 PM

Review by Retired in Florida (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: I've had severe panic attacks while primarily driving on interstate highways and through mountains for 30 plus years. I rarely have attacks driving on most other types of roads and conditions. I've been on Paxil for 5 years now and it is truly a life saver for me. I choose however, and contrary to most advice, not to be on it all the time as it does numb the senses. Twice yearly I drive from Florida to Indiana and choose to take 20 mg/day for one month prior to my trip and 40 mg/day a couple of days prior to my trip. For the most part I can drive successfully with no attacks. Occasionally I will still have what I call a "break through"- sort of a rush sensation but not as severe as a panic attack. I have no problems coming off it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 4:58 AM

Review by trinigirl (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I have been taking Paxil for the past 5 years and it makes me feel great I do not get any anxiety attacks since I started one thing that helps me is the support of my husband and exercise and good eating habits. Theses things assist with living a more richer and happier life. I do not intend on stopping because the good out ways the bad.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 8:57 PM

Review by J. Pinkman (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Even through this medicine helps you to get over with some issues that you struggle in your everyday life, it doesn't really help you at all in terms of your depressive thoughts and depression itself.

August 6, 2014 4:50 PM

Review by King Bean (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Was on it and later Remeron for 3 months. Remeron was an near-instant help; Paxil did some good things. Apparently, a great anxiety med. Effects didn't really last and I got anxious/depressed to a large extent. Went off and had a hard withdrawal.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 4, 2014 2:32 PM

Review by OIF Veteran (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I was on Celexa for a year and it did nothing. I switched to Paxil and it has helped lessen my symptoms. I am on 40mg.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 3, 2014 10:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I literally thought there was 0 hope for me. My anxiety has increased drastically as I've gotten older and has led to social anxiety. Going out in public would depress me, I constantly thought people were plotting against me and talking about me. I have been on Paxil for about a month. Thank God. My work days are MUCH better, I don't analyze the hell out of everything and I'm not afraid of people. I can now get out of bed and look forward to the day, not dread it.

July 28, 2014 10:32 AM

Review by FeelingGreat (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I developed an extreme anxiety disorder inside my own home. Every day, my anxiety was at a constant 8/10, and if an 'event' occurred, it would become an anxiety attack (10 /10). I was prescribed Klonopin & fluoxetine (which I'd successfully taken before for depression). This lasted NINE MONTHS. My therapist was giving me useful tools to use to conquer the anxiety, however my symptoms were too high for them to be effective. My prescribing doctor switched me to Paxil/paroxetine and it changed my life. Within 2-3 weeks my constant anxiety leveled out to a 3 or lower and I was better able to use the tools to conquer any spike in anxiety. Paxil helped me to take back control of my life. Anxiety no longer owns me!

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by bbm23242 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I've been prescribed and taking Paxil for about 3 months now. At first I was nervous about because of the reviews on it saying there would be no sex life and I'm currently in a relationship and have been for 2 years. I'm taking Paxil for anxiety. My sex life hasn't changed at all. Paxil has completely taken away my anxiety and I feel awesome. Give it a shot.

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Amandaaaaa:

For Depression: First off I just want to say, please don't be alarmed/afraid when you read that your going to gain a tremendous amount of weight while taking Paxil. Not saying by any means anybody is lying nor the information they provide about this medicine is false. Everybody is different and will receive different results. I almost contacted my physician right away, in demands I obtain a different medication after hearing about the weight gain, however, I gave it a fair chance. I did NOT want to a eat a thing while on Paxil and my friends already noticed I've dropped a significant amount of weight. Please don't avoid this medication because of freight about weight gain because it might very well not happen! My social anxiety also vanished.

July 14, 2014 1:27 AM

Review by Wonder Drug For Me (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I have been on Paxil twice in my life. When I was teenager, my doctor prescribed me Paxil to control depression. I was on it until I started my Master's. I stopped taking it because I did not think that I needed it anymore. For about five to six years, I wasn't taking Paxil, but I noticed that my anxiety got worse. It got so bad that I began to get panic attacks almost every morning. I also developed an ulcer and was diagnosed with severe Irritable Bowel Syndrome. My doctor decided to place me back on Paxil. After being on for 6 months, I feel absolutely wonderful. I still get anxious every once in awhile but not to the point that I feel as though I'm going to have a panic attack. I've also been able to control my panic attacks on my own.

July 13, 2014 7:47 PM

Review by Mattyb78:

For Anxiety: Numbs your emotions. Which is fine if you like your positive emotions numb too. Not a serious solution to mental problems, just a way to cover them up. Dont listen to the doctor who tells you to halve your pill every week, you need to taper your dose by 10% and only drop again after about 6 weeks. Please don't listen to opinions of people who have been on this for only a couple of weeks!

July 8, 2014 4:09 AM

Review by ThrashingThrasher (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I've been on Paxil since I was 5, I'm almost 20 now. I've had really bad anxiety my entire life. I started at 5mg daily, as I got older, my dosage slowly increased to 20mg, which is my current dose. I had a few bad life experiences when I was younger that caused my anxiety to increase tenfold, so my DR tried to swap the Paxil for something else. Bad idea, none of the other SSRIs worked; I had a severe increase in anxiety and side effects, so he put me back on the Paxil. Paxil has been the only pill to help my anxiety and I haven't had any side effects from it.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 5, 2014 6:00 PM