User Reviews for Ocella

Birth Control 73 reviews 271 medications

6.6
Summary of Ocella reviews 95 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Ocella

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 8 years now. I take it for acne, birth control, menstrual disorder premenstrual dysphoric disorder. I love this birth control they tried to put me on something else and I said no! I love this BC and I want to stay on it. Regulated my periods, took away migraines, took away me throwing up whenever my period came, and I never gained weight from it. I recommend this BC to anyone."

Sarah237!!!! January 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I started BC because I had severe headaches, nausea, and dizziness when on my periods. I never had heavy bleeding or clotting... but I would get so dizzy I would be close to fainting if I was on my feet too much. The doctors simply said it could be my hormones changing and prescribed me ocella. I haven't noticed any weight gain or anything. It regulated my pain and dizziness during my periods. However, after 4 months I've been very nauseous and have had severe headaches and stomach pain. I could be coming down with something so I couldn't say it's 100% from the pill. Overall it's worked great for me and definitely aleviated my pain during menstration."

Nikki1814 January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Starting in elementary school, my acne was horrible. At age 13, it morphed into a rare form of cystic acne. Came back a couple years after the first bout was defeated. Currently just 18, and have been on Ocella since mid August. Since being put on Ocella, my acne has decreased immensely, and stayed as regular types of breakouts rather than the cystic variety. Haven't experienced any major side effects, although I am more prone to getting emotional over the sweet, mushy gushy stuff. At first, my sex drive was higher (even though I've never actually acted on it), but that has calmed down now. My periods are a bit lighter, and are slightly more predictable down to the start and end days. I would definitely recommend this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm still currently taking this drug, and there have been really no side affects other than an upset stomach if I don't eat when I take it, and it also makes me very touchy and angry. I used to never get raging mad but ever since I've been on the pill the simplest things set me off and I go made with out even realizing it's happening."

Bellsies (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my first month taking it and I have gained weight, I have been super moody I keep lashing out at people and I dont even mean too, its making my acne worse. I have had really bad headaches."

M.B.S December 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I had a great experience on Ocella. My insurances does full coverage of it for me so it's free every month, huge plus! I was also prone ever since my first period, which was pretty late, I would skip months at a time and then have terrible cramps, periods, and awful moods. Prescription midol couldn't even provide me with relief. I got on a BC that caused me to gain weight even though I was dieting and exercising and stopped it. I then a few months later got on Ocella. I have my period every month and lasts about 4 days. It's pretty heavy with minimal cramps. I haven't gained weight but I can seem to lose any either but that's not really a problem for me at this time. No out of the ordinary mood swings, sickness, or tiredness."

Osburn15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Overall no major issues with Ocella and I've been on it for over two years. I started taking it due to terrible heavy periods that caused nausea and migraines. My periods are much lighter now and my face rarely breaks out. I still get migraines and cramps, but not as bad as before. I've also avoided pregnancy and I never had issues with mood swings."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm writing this because as I do more research to try to find a new BC, I realize most people leave bad reviews! I had been on Ocella for almost 10 years when my doc recently told me it's known to cause blood clots. Until then I had otherwise a good experience with it. I think the most noticeable things I can remember or slight dryness and a decreased sex drive. But no emotional turmoil or headaches - which is what I'm facing now. I miss Ocella!"

SydneyAnne (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 6, 2015

For Acne "I started ocella my freshman year of college and had horrible under the skin acne all through high school. I'm now a junior in college and love it! My skin cleared up except for a few during my period. I also gained a couple pounds and my boobs grew a whole cup size. Highly recommend"

Christina11 September 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Not a huge fan. I started taking Ocella about 9 months ago only as birth control. It was my first experience being on the pill. Good: NEVER GOT PREGNANT! Meh: I went up a full cup size (C to a D, but I already have a small frame so I didn't celebrate) Bad: It gave me terrible nausea, headaches and migraines. I started having awful mood swings and felt like I was always lashing out. Period didn't change, I still had an extremely heavy flow for at least a week with little to no spotting before or after and said goodbye to too many pairs of cute panties. Worst of all, it brought an a horrible bout of depression that I'm still dealing with. I recently switched to another birth control with lower estrogen, so hopefully it goes better this time."

BeeBabe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2015

For Acne "After only a month on Ocella I have noticed my skin clearer than ever! I have a higher sex drive than ever, and I have actually lost a couple pounds. More than happy with this birth control."

Emlab (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for the past six months and I'm so ready to ditch it! Yes, it cleared up my acne but I've gained almost 10 lbs and cannot get rid of them! I've tried exercise and changed my eating habits, but no success. It's also made me really irritable and tired. Thankfully I'm meeting with my doctor next month!"

Xxyyzz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 11, 2015

For Birth Control "If you're considering using this I wouldn't recommend it. On the first week of using this I would find myself hysterically crying on the bathroom floor at night. I got really depressed while on it on the first week. On the second week literally on the 10th day of using this I got hives. I didn't stop using it hoping it would just go away. Wrong. It got so bad I was hospitalized for it"

Do.Not.Use.It (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Birth Control "The only reason I didn't rate this pill a 1, is because it did clear up my skin, which is initially why I switched to Ocella. I was on BeYaz for 3 months and loved it, and when I learned my insurance did not cover it, I quickly had to switch to a similar generic birth control. Which I thought Ocella was always compared to BeYaz. So let me just say it did wonders for my skin. HOWEVER, within a week of taking the pill, I noticed a huge change in my mood. I was really sad all of the time, especially at work. It only went down from there. After 5 weeks on Ocella, I had an anxiety attack at my boyfriends house and the following week I experienced the heaviest depression I have ever felt in my life. I had horrible thoughts, felt hopeless and dowN"

Ihateocella14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

For Birth Control "pros -much lighter period -shorter period (4-5 days) -almost no cramps -no pregnancy scares -clearer skin CONS -really sore boobs all of the time -high blood pressure -lost a lot of hair and my hair about half as thick as it use to be"

alexandra1210 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2015

For Birth Control "No side effects(nausea, headaches,etc) Regulated my period"

archii May 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking this when I was 17 years old (now almost 22) and ordinary antibiotics weren't helping my acne problems. Before, I had unpredictable periods (often skipping once every several months for no reason), painful cramps, and a period lasting up to 7 whole days. Now I have a 99% clear face, a regular light-medium period lasting 4-5 days and NO cramps! I am not sexually active (never have been), so I'm not sure how effective it is for me actual birth control-wise, but my sex drive is much lower. I may end up finding a new brand once I get married later this year because of this side effect alone."

Strebla1234 April 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I used to be on TriPrevifem and i could only last a month on that. the nausea was so bad and i was only like 3 weeks into my first pack. now i'm on my second pack of ocella and i've had virtually NO side effects which is amazing! no weight gain thank god. The only thing is my cramps during my period were down right deadly but i hear that gets better over time. I am sooo happy, i forget i'm even on birth control and that's an awesome thing."

jkdsjlfda (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

For Acne "I have been on Ocella for about 2 months now. I originally was on Zarrah and had the BEST skin - my light acne cleared up within the first 2 weeks & remained absolutely flawless for almost 2 years. I ended up having a 2 week period - nightmare, I know. I went to my Gyno who had then switched me to Ocella. I explained to her that I loved the way Zarrah effected my skin & didn't want to breakout on a new form of Birth Control. I'm almost finished with month 2 and have been breaking out with white heads all over my forehead, along with a few painful zits around my face. I use Clarisonic every morning/night and eat healthy/workout. My moods are great and I lost a few pounds, but I may not continue Ocella for this reason...remaining optimistic!!"

Californiagirl15 January 15, 2015

For Acne "Prescribed Ocella for POCS (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which can cause severe cystic acne that I had. Have been on it for 10 years. It was a miracle, acne is gone. To prevent the mood swings and acne flare ups during the inert week each month, I had my OBGYN write prescription for 3 months straight. Now only have period & mood swings 4 times/yr instead of 12. Other pills caused anxiety attacks, I have felt most normal on this pill. The downside is I have no libido, but I am 40 so I guess I should expect some decrease at my age anyway."

Pbandj (taken for 10 years or more) December 4, 2014

For Menstrual Disorders "When I first started taking birth control I was only 13, I started it because I used to have two week long heavy & horrific periods every two weeks! I first started out on Yasmin, but later was switched to Ocella for insurance reasons. I'm now almost 19, have been on birth control for 5+ years, and I NEVER want to go back. It helps keep my skin clearer & softer (I only break out about a week before my period now) and my periods are much better now! I used to have issues with my period ending when I started a new pack, but eventually my body got used to it & now my periods are light with little/no cramps and only last around 3 days! I seriously could not be happier"

FinallyHappy (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Ocella for about two months now (and I was on it for about two years a while ago), but this time around I'm suffering from terrible nausea. No mood changes, lost some weight, no pimples, etc...but the nausea is ridiculous. I've been taking it now around 11 at night, so that I can try to sleep through it, but sometimes it will wake me up at 3 or 4, and I'll be so sick. Hoping that I adjust to this soon, because otherwise I really enjoy using it!"

Blah08888 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2014

For Birth Control "This may be premature I've only been on it for a week, but I have been super moody. Irritable, cried 3x in past week and have developed a lot of pimples on my forehead and nose. I usually never break out only when on my period and not as much as this. I also am highly anxious...I'm an anxious person to begin with but with the pill for this week I've been near panic attack a lot and that hasn't happened in a decade. I'm Hoping my body gets used to the pill and these awful side effects will go away. Will update after the month"

Kristallau (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been taking Ocella for 6 months. First birth control I've ever been on and I haven't had any major problems. I used to have terrible cramps during my period with a very heavy flow and now it's wicked light and virtually no cramps! Didn't have any moody side effects and no weight gain."

kt840 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2014

For Birth Control "I'm 17 years old. This is the end of my first month taking Ocella (to regulate my periods). I've been having occasional random cramps throughout this month, which was manageable, but now that I'm in the middle of the sugar pill week, my pain is terrible. These are the worst cramps of my life. But the positive is my breasts got a little bigger, I lost a little weight, and less acne. I also have less cravings. But the pain is more than I can stand. I'm considering going to the hospital. I can't stand without getting pale and lightheaded, and I've already vomited twice. (This is day 1 of my period.)"

Xyrnyth July 28, 2014