User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control 72 reviews 275 medications

6.3
Summary of Yasmin reviews 142 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Yasmin

For Birth Control "I have been having these pills for two month now as a treatment for my PCOS. I am 18 and since I started having this pill my skin went bad and I have had ance all over my face. I have completely lost my sex drive and I don't feel anything during sex. My mood has been funny and I have been sleepy and tired. I wouldn't recommend this pill it totally destroyed my sex life and my face."

habouya May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I do belive everybody experiences different symptoms. It's my third box of Yasmin and I'm probably gona give it one or two more shots but I'm thinking of quiting it. First box of my pills was a 21 day long nightmare. I had breakthrough bleeding whole month I wasn't even sure when my period started, I had huge intestinal problems. Went for two abdominal ultrasounds because of constant bloating, overly active guts and diarea/constipation (it switched every 2 or 3 days). My breasts, dear Lord, I never felt so tender in my entire life. Luckly, as the next box came, bleeding stopped so did tendernes. I still do feel bloated and gassy but it's lot better. Gonna give it one more shot but I just don't feel it's suiting me."

Anonymus21 May 11, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I began taking Yasmin when it first came out i.e. around 1999 or so for irregular periods. My PCP recommended birth control, and after researching them all I chose Yasmin as it touted the fact that the Progestin (drospirenone) contained a diuretic. After a few months I started having anxiety, insomnia, and eventually horrible depression. On the upside, because the drospirenone is an anti-androgenic progestin, my hair grew incredibly long and thick and stupid vanity kept me on it. On balance, I would not suggest this pill as a form of birth control for anyone. I eventually gained 15 lbs after a couple of years of use, and was an emotional wreck which impacted my career. My hormones never really returned to normal after stopping it either."

My Experience May 5, 2016

For Acne "I'm actually on Laila 35 which is the generic version and it has taken some time for my skin to get where it is but I had horrible cystic acne on my jawline and then just general acne on my face, chest and back. The pill has absolutely cleared my skin to the point where I can go out and not feel like I need makeup. Maybe once I have my scars treated, I might not even need makeup for school. I get heaps of compliments on how much better my skin is and looks, let alone how GOOD I feel. Unless you have acne you wouldn't understand that its not just something on you face that goes away when you use a cleanser, it's a mental thing. Take this and don't expect instant results."

ruby135 April 30, 2016

"I started taking Yasmin to clear my skin. I had history of migraine with aura but haven't had it for the last 6 months. Second month taking Yasmin I had 3 migraine attacks in one week and ended up in ER. I stop taking the pills immediately"

Sunnyday0728 April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "It was terrible. I took it years ago when it first came out. Yasmin 28, I think. My mood was down, I had upset stomach all the time. I couldn't handle diary or fats. I always felt anxious. I told my gyno, he shrugged it off as normal. Then the tipping point was when I was on the bus and I started feeling lightheaded and then lost my vision. A friend helped me off the bus where I had to sit and breathe in the cool fall air in order to regain my composure and slowly my vision came back. I stopped the pill immediately after that. My peroid only came back 3 months later and it took years before it was on track again. I went online and many women had same issues and had trouble starting a family after stopping the pill. Dangerous stuff."

CinCinD March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I don't usually review anything online but I really feel like I need to share my experience with this pill. I was on Yasmin for a year and a half and although superficially it was okay (no weight gain, no acne etc), mentally I went crazy and this seems to be the case for a lot of women. I was anxious, my mind was foggy, I was snappy and overly aggressive (which is very unlike me), and generally just didn't feel myself. I then spoke to a doctor following an anxiety breakdown and they said it could've been due to my pill. I recently changed from yasmin to another pill and it has changed my life. I FINALLY feel myself again and I've realised how much yasmin messed me up. I would not recommend this pill or experience to anyone."

123ks1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started taking this pill not yet through the first week, and already I'm covered in acne which I never had using the IUD. I decided I didn't want the IUD anymore after the five years were up because it poked my partner and is something I can't take out myself. Anyways Yasmin has caused me crazy acne like teenager status (I'm 25) and has caused me breast tenderness when I used to feel no tenderness at all. I read the reviews about gaining a cup size.. I hope that doesn't happen to me, I already have DD's. We'll see how the next few months play out, but so far NOT IMPRESSED"

Andy Candy (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I used Yasmin for over 5 years without any issues. It had no impact on my weight and cleared my skin beautifully - however perhaps gave it a tendency to be a little too dry. When I stopped the pill acne returned very quickly. It worked without any issues as birth control. In the last months, however, I developed nausea to the pills - for some reason simply the thought of taking them gave me nausea, and at some point when I had to take two at the same time I threw up bile the next morning. I continued to take the pills for a little while, but the nausea was clearly associated with them, not any other factor, so eventually I had to switch to a different brand and composition. I would still recommened; they were OK for a long time."

gennan (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was having pretty heavy pms and very irregular mensturation cycle. Now I'm almost on my first year with Yasmin and never ever pms anymore. I feel even happier as my period gets closer. All thanks to yasmin. It took a little time for my body to get adjusted. Almost for first 2 months it made it worse than ever. But I knew that was gonna happen so I was patient. And it ended up extremely well. I recommend it for anyone having severe pms and emotional problems related to period. It's also really good to know exactly when to have your period."

ElifZ (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Well one friend of mine took this pill for birth control and she almost died. For six months she walked around the house holding on to the walls, because she was so dizzy and weak. She almost never came out of it, until she tried an alternative method which released her from the terrible state she was in, due to this pill. Please stay away from this pill. Another friend of mine took Yasmin for irregular cycles before her wedding day, and her mood swung so much, she came to her wedding, depressed and extremely irratated."

Taliana February 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I love how Yasmin clears my acne up without fail (usually within first week). However, second month in and I've experienced terrible depression and feel teary at the slightest things. Feeling down is getting worse and worse as I continue taking it and I'm actually a very happy person which is why I will never touch this stuff again."

Kishkati February 21, 2016

For Acne "The best! Takes a while but keep it up. I had horrendous cystic acne around my chin and lip area. My chin would be all bumpy due to the huge spots I had like the silloeutte of a cauliflower!! 18 months on and it's the best skin I've ever had. Ever time I come off it though (2 kids) my skin goes back down hill. I am very health conscious, eat well, drink plenty of water etc. Nothing made a difference apart from this."

Vicvickie February 19, 2016

For Acne "I started Yasmin about a month and a half ago and I feel like my acne has gotten worse! My face is at its worst ever right now, my jawline and cheeks are disgusting. I am also breaking out on my upper back. Not happy. As I am only in my second month of using this pill I am going to continue as others have said by month 4, 5 or 6 their skin has gotten better. Other's have really discouraged me by saying at the end of month one they were acne free!! Not fair!!!"

anni1999 February 16, 2016

For Acne "I've been on this pill for approximately for 6 weeks and in the first two weeks I was getting cystic acne- the worst ever ! The acne was occurring mainly on my chin, around my nose and above my lips. Now I'm getting acne on my forehead, as well as weird cravings (which I have never experienced before). My skin looks far worse than before and much like a cookie."

zahraxkx February 15, 2016

For Acne "When I was 15 i started on Estelle/Brenda and this helped to clear up my skin as I had both face and back acne that started when I was 14. Although Estelle helped with my skin I also had a lot of water retention, my face became puffy/rounder and I felt like it was harder to lose weight once I had gained it. I decided to go off Estelle for a year when I was 18 and I was able to lose weight quickly but my acne came back straight away. I tried for a whole year to deal with it but just couldn't bear it. Then at 19 I went on Yasmin which was amazing for my skin! Within a couple of months it was completely clear and had no impact on my weight. It is slightly more expensive than other pills but completely worth it!"

EmmJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2016

For Acne "Love this pill. Went on it and cleared my skin, but I didn't know that Yasmin was clearing it I thought it was just the fact I was no longer a teenager. Stopped taking this pill to get an implant to avoid periods. Well, it was hell, acne came back full blown and periods were relentless. Went back to the doctor today and got Yasmin again! So excited for clear skin again!"

Yusdeep5729 February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on a number of pills in the past (aged 28, started 18) - I have been diagnosed with endometriosis so my reasoning for remaining on some sort of hormonal BC was vital to reduce the symptoms. I was placed on Yasmin after experiencing major mood swings/depression on Yaz. Yasmin seemed to reduce these mood swings considerably. Since Yasmin my periods, although regular, have been light and cramping has been reduced/completely absent. Amazing! (5 years on it now). I have been getting migraines for the last 2 years so might have to change my BC again. One's body changes with age, I guess our meds need to too."

InterestedBystander (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've tried going on Yasmin twice before after being on different pills (I changed because of weight-gain), but never lasted more than 3 days on it because of the intense mood swings on it. This is the third time trying it and I'm just going on a week and I've never felt worse in my life. I get major mood swings, feel like I'm always on the verge of crying, getting easily irritated, getting jealous/paranoid and have a strange feeling of 'self-awareness'. I'm not happy and will be changing back to the previous pill as soon as possible. Seems to have worked well with others but for me, it's been a nightmare."

Unknown1801 January 10, 2016

For Acne "When I was 13 I had horrible acne and a little over weight. After I took Yasmin for a complete month my acne was just about completely gone and after a couple more months I even lost a few pounds!! I did experience anxiety, but from reading some reviews about Yasmin if you take a multivitamin your symptoms will go away including your sex drive problem caused by the pill. I haven't taken Yasmin for about a few weeks so that I could give my body a rest but I want my Yasmin back!"

Anonymous January 5, 2016

For Acne "This is a very good option for acne! I am 18 and I have had acne since around 7th grade. I did not know what exactly was causing my acne.. hormones? the food I was eating? I was not sure but I feel this pill was effective. I am also on solodyn which I love!! And also I use cetaphil to cleanse then moisturize with the silver serum. My routine works very well for me I have not gotten a pimple in a while however I have gotten small bumps along the way. Gaining weight was not a problem at all while taking this.. I even think I lost weight. So I would recommend this and solodyn; they definitely helped with my acne."

Camilaaa99 January 2, 2016

For Acne "I was prescribed yasmin 5 years ago for acne, I'd got that depressed with my acne 2 months later got a referral having to pay private for dermatologist to give me to roaccutane as doctors didn't think was severe enough although had major psychological effects on me. It worked wonders cleared acne up in 4 months, I stayed on yasmin for another year skin stayed clear. My doctor told me that due to risk of blood clots taking me off it. I flared up massively which really annoyed me as I was fine on the pill no side effects back and forth for a year my doctor finally agreed to put me back on yasmin 2 months in and my acnes clearing again."

Jade91 December 31, 2015

For Acne "I had horrible cystic acne on my chin (5-6 large, angry, agonising, red lumps at any one time) & they started to creep along my lower cheek which is when I decided to take oral contraception to help it stop. Now 6 months on from starting yasmin my skin is better than its ever been and I am only left with slight hyperpigmentation which is easy to cover with makeup. Not 1 new spot this month and NO oil at all! Seriously, not even a shiny nose! Results only started at around 5 months so please, please keep at it. 1st month my breasts grew and hurt alot but by month 2 they went back to their normal size and I felt no more pain. Months 2-4 I had minor whitehead breakouts along my jawline but these disappeared by month 5. Month 6 I am acne FREE"

lilybell December 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for about 8 months (changed from microgynon) and I've had a mixed experience. Periods are much lighter and less painful than ever before which is much better! However have found if I take pill packets back to back I always get breakthrough bleeding, which I haven't had with previous pills. Boobs have become more sensitive and got bigger, which I don't mind! But it's also meant I've put on almost a stone in 4 months without my lifestyle changing (I eat healthily, exercise regularly, have always had a good metabolism). Which has been really awful for my self esteem. This pill has given me high anxiety, made me feel depressed all the time. Really wouldn't recommend this pill"

Autumngirl7 December 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I went on Yasmin when I was 16, I hated it, the worst thing that I could of done. I was extremely depressed/ irritated/ bloated/ gained 10 lbs/ sleepy/ no sex drive , I would do rather of had a baby and 9 months of normal than go through that kind of depression. we used condoms ever since Stopping and now we are healthy happy and married with 2 kids, to this day still on no hormonal BC."

Better.to.go.natural (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2015