User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control 50 reviews 249 medications

6.9
Summary of Yasmin reviews 87 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Yasmin

For Menstrual Disorders "I have PCOS and my gynecologist recommended that I take Yaz or Ocella. I took Ocella about a week, but after feeling numbness in my arm I decided to look up reviews on Yasmin, Yaz, and Ocella. I was horrified. I stopped Ocella and my PCOS started to get worse so I searched for medications that were good to treat PCOS. Yasmin had awesome reviews from people with PCOS (not so much for those with out it). I read allot of reviews and found that most people can tell a difference btw Yasmin and Ocella. I don't have insurance, but to me the price is worth it! I've lost weight, have my period again which makes me feel normal, my breast have only slightly gotten larger but don't hurt, and my skin only breaks out when I'm on my period."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

For Acne "I am 20 and have had terrible skin since I was about 15. After taking the Yasmin pill as well as Duac cream from my doctor my skin is so clear and smooth! Everyone keeps saying to me OMG your skin is amazing! I would definitely recommend it it's been brilliant. Only side affect may be mood swings but even at that I'm still not sure..."

megwilldo May 5, 2015

For Birth Control "Switched from Microgynon to Yazmin due to suffering with headaches, fatigue & loss of libido. However, yaz did not really help to be honest! My periods were heavier and more painful on Yaz, I was moody, had painful breasts but one bonus was they were bigger! Still got headaches too oh and I gained 5lb during 6 mths of using this pill."

Joedi April 28, 2015

For Acne "I am 20 years old and have had relatively clear skin my whole life. Just over a month ago I had a horrific breakout, the likes of which i'd never seen! Before, I'd stress out over one little spot on my chin whereas now my whole face was riddled with them. I was prescribed Yasmin and just wanted to say - it's not a quick fix! I've been on it almost a month now and I'd say my acne has gotten twice as bad - the spots are mostly comedonal acne and my uneven face and complexion make me extremely self conscious. Following reading the other good reviews, I'm looking forward to the good skin to come, but just needed to say that it's certainly not here yet! Hoping Yasmin follows the rule that "sometimes things get worse before they get better"!"

Charlotte J (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

For Acne "I have never left a review for any kind of drug or medication before but felt that I needed to for Yasmin in case there were other people in my situation. I am 21 and have had quite mild acne since I was about fifteen, however, around four months ago (after two years using implanon as contraception) I experienced a terrible breakout. I used every topical I could think of and was borderline suicidal over the state of my skin before my doctor mentioned the implanon can often contribute to bad hormonal acne. I got it taken out that same day and started on Yasmin, and within less than two months I have no active acne whatsoever and am focusing on healing my scarring. This pill has been a godsend for me."

hmgirl April 23, 2015

For Acne "I was on yasmin for about 3 years, it completely cleared up my skin. However I was concerned about the blood clotting issue so I changed to first dianne and then to zooley. Both were terrible, I broke out in places I never had before. I'm back on yasmin now, I can't wait till I have beautiful skin again !"

Kittiesty April 22, 2015

For Acne "Have been using yasmin for about 6 weeks. I am 25 and have suffered with acne of the face, shoulders and back since I was about 13. Roaccutane isn't an option for me. I don't think I have been on Yasmin long enough to make a fully informed review, but so far my skin has looked notably clearer, I used to get cysts around my jaw and neck which were so painful, along with normal spots and blackheads around my chin and mouth. My skin is still far from perfect, but I have not had any cysts, and only one spot on my chin. Blackheads seen minimised, and I have started using a moisturiser for 'normal' skin, rather than the heavy duty oil control ones as they had become to drying! Side effects: heavier periods, tender breasts. That's all so far!"

Aimez (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I reccently started the Yasmin pill and at first I honestly didn't think I would be able to carry on with it because it was making me feel so nauseous! I also got really bad headaches which caused me to be really moody. However, my doctor told me to give it a few weeks to settle and for my system to get used to it. I was not happy about this let me say! I wanted to scream at her to feel how ill I felt. It got better though on the fifth day I woke up and I felt fine all of a sudden, all of the side effects I was feeling had just gone. I had terrible skin and it has make my skin so much better and I feel fine now. If you're taking it and you're feeling ill like I did - I know it feels like crap but honestly just hold on cause it will go."

Hannahscoffield April 19, 2015

For Acne "Yasmin changed my life! For the past year or so I started breaking out due to hormones (it only happened the week before my period) & getting HORRIBLE PMS. About 2-3 days before my period, I would get very irritable and grouchy, to the point where it affected my work and social life. I went to my doctor with these problems & she recommended Yasmin. The first 6wks or so, it was horrible. I broke out even more, gained about 10-15lbs, & that led to a slight depression. But people told me that is just what happens when your hormones adjust to new birth control? I'm really glad I stuck through because my acne is now completely gone and my PMS levels have decreased by at least 75%, feeling SO much better!"

Btm8 April 17, 2015

For Acne "I've started using Yasmin because of my mild acne. I'm on my third pack now and so far I can't say that my face is clear. One day it gets better but than the next day it gets worse again. It may be that I just have to wait for a little bit longer ."

12345789 April 10, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on Yasmin for 6 months now after years on all other brands under the sun. I have always been fit and healthy but for some reason on this pill and I even thinner. I can't gain weight no matter how bad I eat it's amazing ! The only down side is I am so hungry a lot of the time but it's awesome because it doesn't lead to any weight gain so I can eat as much as I want ! Also no cramps at all and I used to get them bad. Limited headaches. Finally after 12 years if found something that works super well for me"

Montymay March 15, 2015

For Acne "I have been on Yasmin from 2010 till now. It helped clear my acne, though I used other prescribed medication as well. It helped clear my acne to an extent, still get fine pimples. My left foot started swelling 6 years ago, now the right foot started, to an extent I can't walk. Been to the doc and he advised to change my contraceptive pill. This is the second case. Medicine affects you in the long run."

Diva8603 March 11, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on Yasmin for 5 years. Always had brain fog. Gained 50lbs. Lost hair. Stressed. Appetite went way up. Recently decided to go off the pill. After period I instantly felt better. Sex drive is coming back. Just feel good. Hope it keeps up but I'm not going back."

Anonymous55521 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for the past ten years and I love it. I've never had a menstrual cramp in my life, I never feel PMS symptoms (bloating, cravings, moodiness, etc). It has been helpful with acne. One downside is my sex drive has diminished but it's hard to tell if the pill is the culprit as I've been on it ten years. No weight gain from this either!"

Rawvjq (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking Yaz for 4 months now, I'm 16 years old. Few complaints, at the beginning this pill caused me horrible nausea and breast pain but that could be due to changing to Yasmin from Microgynon 30. Also I experienced spells of depressive moods which have now cleared up but I often experience mood swings! On a positive note my skin has cleared up massively and have maintained if not lost weight, great pill."

Josiejoe February 16, 2015

For Acne "I started on Brenda and it made my mild acne worse. I switched to Yasmin and it cleared it right up, however, 5 months on and my face has started feeling greasy and I'm developing small pimples. I don't know if it's just this hot dry weather. Ps: I stopped doing a 4 step cleansing and treating routine as I thought I had no need. So perhaps it's a combination of those two factors."

Stackahhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2015

For Birth Control "During the first year, severe migraines, it felt like my head was going to explode, mood swings, loss of sex drive."

Joanne Halstead (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2014

For Birth Control "Took Yasmin for 6 months now and had some nausea in the beginning but I think my body is getting used to the pill. Overall, my mood has gotten better, I used to experience mood swings. I'm switching to Microgynon 30 and see how it works for me now."

Alyssesa October 9, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been taking Yasmin for 9 months and I can say that it had protected me effectively against pregnancy. I have read about some negative effects that have been linked to this pill. However, I decided to take it because my mother took it for years without experiencing any side effects. During my first cycle taking the pill, I experienced mild nausea and upset stomach occasionally. However, the symptoms were gone by the time I started my second pack. I have not noticed any changes in my weight or in my mood. I have frequent muscle cramps in my legs, but I am not sure that this is being caused by the pill."

K.M. September 17, 2014

For Birth Control "Mood improved dramatically, PMT gone! Completely, and this was becoming a problem as I'm 40 it seemed to be getting worse. I've lost a few pounds and find it easier to keep my weight down, it must be the diuretic and no fluid retention. Bigger breasts, bit tender but better with time, I've been on it nearly 3 months now. Libido maybe even better, as I feel happier. This is by far the best pill I've been on and I didn't take the pill for years because of the effects of weight gain, and libido. I've tried Mirena twice, awful, mini pill, mini pill injection cap and coil. Finally found one that suits, now my GP won't prescribe it! I will try family planning."

Lolalou (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2014

For Acne "I had really bad acne. I'd cry about it for hours. I would wear a lot of makeup to hide the fact my skin was awful. I'm a very sensitive person so when people nastily commented on my make-up, it hurt. I would think it isn't my fault,it's my skin! I went to the doctors after receiving many acne medications (which had lots of side effects but no results). I was offered Yasmin before but I thought I was too young but it was my last resort before going to having Roaccutane. I was 13. I'm still on the Yasmin. I used to have irregular periods and mood swings. They've stopped and my skin is clear and beautiful now. I stopped wearing the slap and became more confident. I would recommend it!"

phoebe17x September 4, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "This is the ONLY birth control pill that has ever worked well with my system. No weight gain, no hair loss, no mood swings, in fact, my periods used to be so irregular that's I'd have terrible PMS and now I'm only cranky pants for a day or so. It helped clear my skin, regulate my cycle, helped me maintain my weight, and I just love it."

Lenabenas21 August 22, 2014

For Acne "After having the implant I switched to Yasmin to try and treat my mild acne (generally around chin area ) and it really hasn't helped. I've only taken it for 5 days and my skin is even worse my whole forehead is breaking out, my skin feels greasy. I'm very moody and tired, and feel physically sick if I'm hungry (much like pregnancy symptoms!)."

catri (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about three months. Although my periods are shorter, I have had really bad side effects. It has made me very moody, I have had really bad headaches, and I have experienced major hair loss. It freaked me out and I switched back to my prior birth control."

Anonymous July 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I used Yasmin for birth control reasons as it was the lowest one available to me at the time that didn't cause breakthrough bleeding. It was great for birth control and my skin is very clear after taking it. The main difference I noticed from other pills is that I would always get my period one day early (on the Sun instead of the Mon). I also had terrible mood swings and angry outburts. My poor kids copped the brunt of my moods! I have been off Yasmin for two weeks now and am back to my calm and happy self, and my sex drive has returned. I am 42."

Frosh71 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2014