User Reviews for Yasmin

6.9
Summary of Yasmin reviews 66 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Yasmin

Review by Lenabenas21:

For Menstrual Disorders: This is the ONLY birth control pill that has ever worked well with my system. No weight gain, no hair loss, no mood swings, in fact, my periods used to be so irregular that's I'd have terrible PMS and now I'm only cranky pants for a day or so. It helped clear my skin, regulate my cycle, helped me maintain my weight, and I just love it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by catri (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: After having the implant I switched to Yasmin to try and treat my mild acne (generally around chin area ) and it really hasn't helped. I've only taken it for 5 days and my skin is even worse my whole forehead is breaking out, my skin feels greasy. I'm very moody and tired, and feel physically sick if I'm hungry (much like pregnancy symptoms!).

August 12, 2014 4:24 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for about three months. Although my periods are shorter, I have had really bad side effects. It has made me very moody, I have had really bad headaches, and I have experienced major hair loss. It freaked me out and I switched back to my prior birth control.

July 22, 2014 1:32 AM

Review by Frosh71 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I used Yasmin for birth control reasons as it was the lowest one available to me at the time that didn't cause breakthrough bleeding. It was great for birth control and my skin is very clear after taking it. The main difference I noticed from other pills is that I would always get my period one day early (on the Sun instead of the Mon). I also had terrible mood swings and angry outburts. My poor kids copped the brunt of my moods! I have been off Yasmin for two weeks now and am back to my calm and happy self, and my sex drive has returned. I am 42.

July 21, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: Was good for not getting pregnant , but made me feel sick I'm using it for a month now and skin is dark and dirty looking body pains feel tired just sick overall

July 8, 2014 8:23 AM

Review by Mzu:

For Acne: I'm 19 years old and I have been using Yasmin for 4 months. I started using Yasmin because I saw it was working tremendously for other people. A week after I started my skin was great then I had a breakout. It hasn't disappeared since, instead its making the rest of my skin lighter. I'm worried whether it is working for me or I'm just impatient.

March 21, 2014 11:35 AM

Review by #acnedrivesmecrazy:

For Acne: I must say this is GOD sent. I was on Yasmin for polycystic ovarian syndrome and birth control! At first I didn't know that it would help with my acne but it did help.... wow! i Was acne free for the five years that I was on Yasmin. I could actually go out without foundation it was amazing BUT for the past five months I came off the pill because I wanted to start my family, biggest mistake I ever made! My acne came back full blown and even worse than before. In that five months I tried every topical and home remedy but sad to say nothing worked now I'm back on the pill only four days and I'm already seeing a drastic improvement where my acne is concerned.

February 27, 2014 4:38 PM

Review by Ffion (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Yasmin for nearly two years but I've noticed my sex drive has gone and I get moody a lot more but it didn't make me gain any weight I'm going to change pills when I go to the doctors next.

February 3, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by Pomba Gira (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I gave the Yasmin 10/10 as I started taking it for birth control and I did not become pregnant. But I want to point out some other effects Yasmin had on my body. I originally changed from Microgynon to Yasmin after a period of taking no birth control as I heard Yasmin could improve mood and gives some women a feeling of well-being, which I did experience. Yasmin also gave me slightly larger breasts and I lost about half a stone in weight. The reason I stopped taking Yasmin was because of a sudden dramatic appearance of cellulite on my thighs and bum. I am a UK size 6 and have never had cellulite before in my life (I'm 26), I have been taking Microgynon again for 2mths and the cellulite has completely vanished.

February 2, 2014 4:28 AM

Review by Michi of Avalon (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: THOUGHT: Everyone's body is different, but also be mindful and rational about external forces and behaviors causing issues, be mainly with mood/relationship problems. After 2 years off from taking hormonal birth control. I'm about to reach the inert pill week and so far this is what I've experienced: Tender breasts/nipples, but up 1 size; Improved mood (history of mood swings, but they were mainly as teenager, I am now 22); Improved complexion; More intense clitoral sensation; Mild vaginal dryness; Minimal if no weight gain (attributed to increased appetite in general with hormonal birth control); Maybe a mild decrease in libido; No bloating.

January 31, 2014 11:57 AM

Review by kcfamily (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: My cycles are regulated now which is nice but the part that is driving me crazy is my nipples hurt so bad around the same time every month. I feel nausea, heartburn, same symptoms as a pregnancy. I am going to use for one more month and if it doesn't go away. I am switching.

January 9, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by Paridhi (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: I was suffering from acne since 12 years. Now I am 27. I had took various costly treatments including chemical peeling and other cosmetic treatments. When I was 25 my skin specialist suggest me Yasmin. I took it for 11 months, in first month I had little bit headache and nausea but in second month there was no discomfort like that. In third month my face was almost clear and at the end (11th month) my skin started glowing there was not a single acne or marks on my face. Friends started asking about my glowing skin. I did not gain weight. But I stopped taking Yasmin after getting glowing skin within on year acne came back. Now I am starting it again.

December 30, 2013 2:12 AM

Review by lidiaaaaaaa:

For Acne: i used this as a treatment for my acne and pms symptoms. i dont believe it! this medicine is a miracle! my acne is completely gone! ( ive suffered from acne since i was in 4th grade, doctor medicated cream didnt work on my skin! 14 years ive suffered from acne) and noq my acne completely gone, and not only my acne completely gone, my pores also become invincible. say good bye to my nasty oily skin! now i only wash my face with warm water! (no soap no toner or chemicals thing whatsoever) with yasmin my pms sympton and cramps are also gone! this is the best medicine that work! it balance your hormon and reduce oily skin!

November 21, 2013 2:54 AM

Review by ash beeeee:

For Birth Control: I started taking Ocella (generic for Yasmin) at age 22 when I got married. Everything was great for maybe 2 or 3 years. Then I started experiencing numbness in my right leg and left arm. This past year started having TERRIBLE migraines at least once a week. Due to my family history of breast cancer I decided this past may (6 months ago) to come OFF of Yasmin. To put in short (GOOGLE IT ! ) .... I had a MENTAL BREAKDOWN this past week thanks to YASMIN/OCELLA !!!!!!!!

November 3, 2013 8:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been taking Yaz for 4 years. I haven't gained any weight and no acne. BUT my sex drive has been completely gone. I just got my blood drawn and my estrogen level is the lowest of the low..my doctor said it's from YAZ. Also, (I just noticed this now) but I have lost sooo much hair since taking this pill.

October 31, 2013 12:14 AM

Review by Yasminuser (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I used Diane for years but my doctor switched me to Yasmin because I was experiencing breakthrough bleeding. Have been on Yasmin for six months and I really do not feel like myself with a consistent moderate depression and angry mood swings. So odd because I am normally a happy-go-lucky person! I was using Diane largely for my acne and it worked but Yasmin has not done anything for my acne either - I have at least two new whiteheads every morning I wake up, which also does not help with the depression! I will be switching back to Diane and exploring other options to address breakthrough bleeding at the end of this cycle.

October 27, 2013 6:46 AM

Review by SoCal 92:

For Birth Control: Yaz didn't make me gain weight and it's helped with my acne. I notice people saying that this caused moodiness. I was diagnosed with depression a few months ago and also inability to concentrate a few months back as well so because of that I take Prozac and Adderall. Those two pills have made me not moody while on Yaz. I suggest looking into whether or not you have depression and an inability to concentrate if you experience moodiness while on Yaz.

September 30, 2013 6:12 PM

Review by BriannaJoy:

For Birth Control: My experience with Yasmin has been really well. I didn't gain any weight as some people are saying they did. I had mild acne and now my face is perfectly clear, give or take a monthly pimple. One thing was that I did get VERY moody the first 2 months of taking it. I was not my usual happy self. I didn't want to be touched and everything was a problem for me. But after the 2 months, I went back to myself. I've been on it for 7 months now and I'm very happy with it.

June 26, 2013 6:36 AM

Review by JMAC81:

For Birth Control: I was prescribed Yasmin by my GP 3 years ago. After 2 months I became depressed and very moody but the acne on my back cleared up. I decided to come off it for my sanity, my moods improved but my acne returned. 7 months ago I decided to give it another go. This time has been fantastic, I'm 31 and my skin has never looked so clear and my hair growth is much faster. I have always been a B - C cup but 7 months on I am a DD. My mood never changed and I just feel great. I wouldn't change from Yasmin now, it's been great for me.

April 7, 2013 11:06 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I'm 20 years old, I've been on Yasmin for 3 years, and have experienced horrible side effects. It's GREAT for acne, weight loss and actual birth control, but my mood swings are CRAZY. Before starting this pill, I was a very happy, positive person. After taking this pill I've become crazy, anxious, depressed, upset and stressed out over the tiniest things (causing major fights with my boyfriend) at all points in my cycle. This is a MAJOR side effect and shouldn't be ignored, it has completely changed my personality and I won't be taking it again after this month is over.

January 21, 2013 9:19 PM

Review by Zarah A (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I started Yasmin about 3 months ago now and seriously had so many side effects- not only did it made my skin worse but I constantly felt bloated, was depressed, I'm usually quite energetic but it made me really sleepy constantly. I'm in my last year of my degree, so it really was not helpful at all! Luckily I found sense to leave the pill and already I feel better, I'm not bloated anymore and generally less tired! I am still in search for something to cure my acne though.

November 24, 2012 3:01 PM

Review by Butterfly1987 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Menstrual Disorders: I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 10 months ago and although they removed it, I started to get the pain again a couple of months ago. Instead of opting for more surgery I tried the pill even though I have anways gotten bad side-effects from hormone birth control methods. I tried Microgynon for a month, but put on about 7lbs of water retention. I then tried Yasmin and I've been on it nearly a month and I love it! I've had no cramps, my breasts are bigger (bonus for me after losing them after losing weight), I haven't put on any weight, no bloating and my skin looks clearer. LOVE IT!

November 17, 2012 7:55 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I'm using Yasmin as a Birth control but also to treat acne and PMS symptoms. Let me tell you, Yasmin is awesome! -I've just finished 1 cycle of Yasmin and all my acne and pimples have disappeared, now my skin is very clear and even somewhat glows. -All my PMS symptoms have subsided, no more cramps and period pain (you hardly feel that you're on your period because it is so light), period comes very much on time. - I used to get occasional mood swings before, during and after my periods but I haven't been in bad mood this entire month. Yasmin really helped with my mood swing. I highly recommend Yasmin.

November 4, 2012 7:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: When I was 17 I was scared to start on Birth Control. My doctor had suggested Yasmin to me. I was glad I did start it. I had no problems. I never got sick from it, gained any weight, had any pains etc. Even every time I stopped taking it there were no problems. The birth control was very effective even if I missed a few days. My face was also clear of acne. No changes in sex drive. I am very sad I cannot go back on it because it is no longer free with my health care.

September 4, 2012 1:43 AM

Review by ClearSkin5:

For Birth Control: I was taking Yasmin mainly for birth control as I was sexually active. But after about 2 months (3 packs of Yasmin) consuming it due course, I realized that it wasn't only for birth control but it helped my acne as well, and after 3 months, my face was clear off any acne but a few pimples (one or two) here and there but that's easy to treat. When I stopped taking Yasmin for about 3 months and my acne came back and now I'm actively on Yasmin again for contraception and also acne. I have tried many useless treatments and antibiotics and creams and gels that the doctors suggested but to no avail. And like what one said, "it works inside out".

August 8, 2012 1:20 AM