User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control 65 reviews 271 medications

6.5
Summary of Yasmin reviews 127 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yasmin

For Acne "Love this pill. Went on it and cleared my skin, but I didn't know that Yasmin was clearing it I thought it was just the fact I was no longer a teenager. Stopped taking this pill to get an implant to avoid periods. Well, it was hell, acne came back full blown and periods were relentless. Went back to the doctor today and got Yasmin again! So excited for clear skin again!"

Yusdeep5729 February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on a number of pills in the past (aged 28, started 18) - I have been diagnosed with endometriosis so my reasoning for remaining on some sort of hormonal BC was vital to reduce the symptoms. I was placed on Yasmin after experiencing major mood swings/depression on Yaz. Yasmin seemed to reduce these mood swings considerably. Since Yasmin my periods, although regular, have been light and cramping has been reduced/completely absent. Amazing! (5 years on it now). I have been getting migraines for the last 2 years so might have to change my BC again. One's body changes with age, I guess our meds need to too."

InterestedBystander (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've tried going on Yasmin twice before after being on different pills (I changed because of weight-gain), but never lasted more than 3 days on it because of the intense mood swings on it. This is the third time trying it and I'm just going on a week and I've never felt worse in my life. I get major mood swings, feel like I'm always on the verge of crying, getting easily irritated, getting jealous/paranoid and have a strange feeling of 'self-awareness'. I'm not happy and will be changing back to the previous pill as soon as possible. Seems to have worked well with others but for me, it's been a nightmare."

Unknown1801 January 10, 2016

For Acne "When I was 13 I had horrible acne and a little over weight. After I took Yasmin for a complete month my acne was just about completely gone and after a couple more months I even lost a few pounds!! I did experience anxiety, but from reading some reviews about Yasmin if you take a multivitamin your symptoms will go away including your sex drive problem caused by the pill. I haven't taken Yasmin for about a few weeks so that I could give my body a rest but I want my Yasmin back!"

Anonymous January 5, 2016

For Acne "This is a very good option for acne! I am 18 and I have had acne since around 7th grade. I did not know what exactly was causing my acne.. hormones? the food I was eating? I was not sure but I feel this pill was effective. I am also on solodyn which I love!! And also I use cetaphil to cleanse then moisturize with the silver serum. My routine works very well for me I have not gotten a pimple in a while however I have gotten small bumps along the way. Gaining weight was not a problem at all while taking this.. I even think I lost weight. So I would recommend this and solodyn; they definitely helped with my acne."

Camilaaa99 January 2, 2016

For Acne "I was prescribed yasmin 5 years ago for acne, I'd got that depressed with my acne 2 months later got a referral having to pay private for dermatologist to give me to roaccutane as doctors didn't think was severe enough although had major psychological effects on me. It worked wonders cleared acne up in 4 months, I stayed on yasmin for another year skin stayed clear. My doctor told me that due to risk of blood clots taking me off it. I flared up massively which really annoyed me as I was fine on the pill no side effects back and forth for a year my doctor finally agreed to put me back on yasmin 2 months in and my acnes clearing again."

Jade91 December 31, 2015

For Acne "I had horrible cystic acne on my chin (5-6 large, angry, agonising, red lumps at any one time) & they started to creep along my lower cheek which is when I decided to take oral contraception to help it stop. Now 6 months on from starting yasmin my skin is better than its ever been and I am only left with slight hyperpigmentation which is easy to cover with makeup. Not 1 new spot this month and NO oil at all! Seriously, not even a shiny nose! Results only started at around 5 months so please, please keep at it. 1st month my breasts grew and hurt alot but by month 2 they went back to their normal size and I felt no more pain. Months 2-4 I had minor whitehead breakouts along my jawline but these disappeared by month 5. Month 6 I am acne FREE"

lilybell December 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for about 8 months (changed from microgynon) and I've had a mixed experience. Periods are much lighter and less painful than ever before which is much better! However have found if I take pill packets back to back I always get breakthrough bleeding, which I haven't had with previous pills. Boobs have become more sensitive and got bigger, which I don't mind! But it's also meant I've put on almost a stone in 4 months without my lifestyle changing (I eat healthily, exercise regularly, have always had a good metabolism). Which has been really awful for my self esteem. This pill has given me high anxiety, made me feel depressed all the time. Really wouldn't recommend this pill"

Autumngirl7 December 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I went on Yasmin when I was 16, I hated it, the worst thing that I could of done. I was extremely depressed/ irritated/ bloated/ gained 10 lbs/ sleepy/ no sex drive , I would do rather of had a baby and 9 months of normal than go through that kind of depression. we used condoms ever since Stopping and now we are healthy happy and married with 2 kids, to this day still on no hormonal BC."

Better.to.go.natural (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I really like Yasmin. I have been using it for nine months and it has been great. It has been great for cramps and I have only experienced slight weight gain (due to increased cravings). The only side effect I had was nausea. I experienced nausea when I took the pill and did not have food in my stomach. If I ate before taking it, it was great! Overall, I have had a great experience with Yasmin."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2015

For Acne "I started taking this drug because of moderate to severe adult acne (I am 28) and PMS symptoms (severe depression episodes and irritability that happened like clockwork the week before menstruation). I have been on the pill a month and half and I have already seen an improvement. Regarding acne, I broke out a little bit in the placebo week, but besides that I no longer get the severe acne i used to. I expected it to take at least a few months, so I was pleasantly surprised to see an effect. I also had a light period and did not notice mood swings. I had breakthrough bleeding during the first few weeks, at the beginning more severe and diminishing with time. On the second cycle, there is no bleeding anymore."

Daisy88 November 26, 2015

For Acne "Have been on Yasmin for over 4 months now to try improve my acne. I would say my acne has gotten 2-3 times worse than it ever had been in the beginning and I now have spots where I never did before (all along lower cheeks, near jaw area). I have been on dianette before and it was amazing so I shall be going back to it asap!!"

Elle_123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2015

For Acne "I'm 16 and I started taking yasmin in August for polycystic ovarian syndrome. My acne was quite bad, mainly on my cheeks and chin where I'd get big clusters of spots. I also had many small bumps on my forehead. In the first month there was no difference skin. By the third month I could start to see some improvement to my skin and the severity of my acne had gone down. By the fourth month I was amazed!! It took about a week into the 4th pack before I only had a few spots on my chin left and no new spots were forming. I'm on the 5th month now and only have a small spot on my chin and have been left with scars which are healing. I'm so happy with the results but I experienced terrible mood swings, which are improving. Overall very happy!"

Roiisee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Yasmin for 2 days and I have already experienced very noticeable weight loss and headaches and nausea. Yasmin was recommended to me by my doctor to help ease my pains that I had, everyday, every 2 hours I had horrible cramps that would prevent me from any physical activity. I will continue this packet to be able to determine the outcome of time..."

Andrea523 November 15, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have started taken yasmin after reading reviews about how good it is for acne and PMS , and I had very frequent periods that I needed to regulate , but soon after taking the 1st tablet I had severe nausea that lasted all day , 3 days down the line I became very low in mood , I was very tearful , the slightest things would irritate me , I had never felt like this in ages, I was taking accutane at the same time , so I attributed the low mood to accutane. Since I couldn't tolerate the severe nausea , I stopped taking yasmin and strangely my mood suddenly changed , I was no longer depressed or tearful and I was still on accutane. I think people react differently to medications , but I am sure yasmin wasn't the right OCP for me."

tenatona (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I started Yasmin three months ago after having the implanon( contraceptive implant) for about 5 years. I switched over because I had started to experience irregular bleeding and just to mention because a lot of women worry about weight, on that contraception I was both oversight and underweight at different times just due to my eating and lifestyle ( don't think contraception made a difference) so far my experience of Yasmin has been good, I never had 'acne' but I swear overnight and since starting it I have not had one more pimple and skin has just felt a lot nicer( not too dry not too oily) I had the initial nausea for about 2 or 3 days and the occasional breast tenderness but hey that's to be expected when you are changing your hormones?"

Ellen93 October 21, 2015

For Acne "I got really bad acne when I turned 14 and my period wasn't regular and after trying a lot of things I started taking yasmin when I was 15 and my acne started to clear up in two to three months of using it I went off it when I was 17 and the acne came back really badly so I went back on it until I turned 19. I thought my hormones would be normal by then I was off yasmin for 3 months it seem to go good but I didn't get my period at all and then I started breaking out again so I'm back on yasmin since then ."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 16, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I started taking this pill because of extremely heavy, painful and irregular periods. The first six months were great, I had very light bleeding, no cramps and my periods were very regular. Around my sixth month I got terrible acne, I only ever had a pimple here and there and I got cystic acne around my chin and cheeks. Now forward to the ninth month, I've been feeling very depressed, cry all the time and just feel like a mess. I also suffer from severe nausea. I'm ending this packet, and then I'm switching to a much lighter pill which will hopefully help me."

Anonymous71662672&292 September 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I didn't think there was a problem, no immediate reactions, 2 years and I'd put on 1st5lb, without changing my lifestyle. My (mild) acne seemed to improve and it was great being in control of my periods. Then I became moody, emotional, combative and depressed. Really depressed. I had migraines at least 3 attacks a month, I had hypertension. And because I had put on so much weight I was trying to lose it, playing football 3 times a week and 2 times a week to the gym, no big difference and I ate less than my slim friends. I don't smoke. I had Hypertension (185/135 being the highest reading). I stopped taking it and now I feel better, lost 10kg, happier, blood pressure is normal. Now I have polycystic ovaries, I blame that pill."

Chlo-bo September 26, 2015

For Acne "changed to Yasmin after using levest for 2 months and breaking out horribly. It didn't really make a difference, I thought it would just be due to the settling in period but I've been on yasmin for four months now. my skin only started to get better towards the end of the third month. I've only really seen a significant difference now I've been using duac for a couple of weeks (I used duac two years ago to clear my skin). I started using duac again during my break week so didn't know whether using the pill and duac together would work. A couple days after I finished my break week I broke out immediately around my chin (where hormonal acne usually is). Also, although my skin is now almost smooth it's marked badly!! :("

ellaward September 25, 2015

For Acne "I was on Yasmin for around a year and had no problems with it. It was great and then I started to get breakthrough bleeding so my doctor switched me to Diane which was terrible! I think it was too strong for me because it made me break out like crazy. I didn't have acne to begin with. I then had a break from the pill (skin cleared up completely from almost the 2nd day of stopping the pill) for about 6 months or so and now have gone back on Yasmin and my skin has been breaking out like crazy! lots of small white heads on the left side of my face and some in a little section on my right cheek. They're small but coming up every single day. I'm in the 4th month now and hasn't cleared up yet. Help!! :'("

jva88 September 23, 2015

For Acne "Yasmin is a life saver. I would honestly recommend it to anyone with persistent acne. My acne came back when I was 20 after my skin had been completely clear since I was around 16. My GP didn't feel like it was severe enough to put me on strong medication again like I was during my teen years so he prescribed me Yasmin. I have been taking yasmin now for around 8 months and my acne is completely gone. I stopped taking it at one point for about a month because I was away and unable to get a prescription and my break outs started to come back which definitely proved to me that Yasmin actually works. I still get the odd spot here and there but they are always small and easy to get rid of I no longer get cystic spots at all !!"

Rianne12345 September 11, 2015

For Acne "Within the first 3-5 months of taking this pill, my skin had got 10x worse! My face was constantly dry (no moisturizer would make it any better), my face was also red and blotchy and very sensitive, followed by cystic acne! I didn't know whether to give up or carry on at this point, but it couldn't get any worse than it already was, so I carried on. Eventually, after the 5th month of taking this pill, my skin had cleared up a lot! I was so relieved. It's now my 9th month of being on Yasmin and my skin is in great condition, I get the odd pimple here and there, but Sudocrem does the job. My acne has completely cleared up and I feel comfortable enough not to wear foundation. Don't give up taking this pill, just give it time!"

Louise192 September 10, 2015

For Birth Control "Yasmin made my skin worse then what it already was, my moods were a bit better but I didn't see a huge change, for me this pill didn't work"

Sandrahicks September 9, 2015

For Acne "I've been on it for over 2 months now and I still haven't seen any improvement in my acne, if anything it has been getting progressively worse :(. Can everyone write how long it has taken for yasmin to have an effect because I'm losing hope."

savannah111 September 5, 2015