User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control 56 reviews 255 medications

6.8
Summary of Yasmin reviews 102 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Yasmin

For Birth Control "I was on revigeon pill before for me it was awful I was moody 24/7. Everything and everyone just annoyed me. My family and boyfriend said I'd changed alot!! After 3 months of this stress I finally told my doctor and he put me on yasmin which was for me amazing. I've been on yas for about a month now! I found myself much happier and I felt myself again."

sophhhh August 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Having an awful time with yasmin have been on it about a year and a half have gained about a stone and a half l. Have tender breasts constantly. Sex drive is non existant its putting a strain on my relationship. Have increased 3 cup sizes since i started taking it. Cant wa8t to go see GP and get rid of this awful pill once and for all!"

Roberta x August 14, 2015

For Acne "It took six months to my skin to get clear. The first 4 months were the worst, but now, I don"

Yasuli August 13, 2015

For Acne "I had prescribed yasmin to help with cystic acne and hirtuism as I was told I had pcos. It was great at first I lost about 4/5 lbs my skin started to clear (no crazy initial breakout, phew!) Mood improved, sex drive improved, I was travelling in Oz and eating rubbish but I literally started piling on the pounds, I spent most of my time in Oz feeling bloated, heavy and self concious. After that I started to exercise and eat clean for weeks but could not loose a lb. So I quit after 7 months on it. Put on another 5 lbs! After a long 3 months off yasmine and 7 weeks in between periods I started to loose weight! Skin stayed clear with use of epiduo (recommend) 5 months off and my periods are back to normal and still loosing. Wasn't worth it at all. "

siojenjen August 7, 2015

For Acne "i was prescribed dianete for years and my face was beautiful! Bar the odd spot if I had a few too many drinks on a sat night =\ however due to docs weaning women off Dianete because of health issues such as blood clots, strokes they switched me to Yasmin! Worst pill I have ever had! My face looks like a giant Pizza! It's vile, I get up everyday with another spot, angry red ones that lay under the skin so I can't even attempt to get rid of them. I cry all the time, depression is creeping in. I'm crying at TV adverts it's that bad! I will be returning back to the docs to get a new pill."

Lotty8904 August 4, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill drove me nuts. After starting the first pack, within a few days I started to feel run down, but I persevered, allowing my body to adjust to it. I finished the first pack, took the break and then started the second pack. Hell. I was so nauseous, I really thought I was pregnant. My boobs were sore, I was tired... I was starting to get really scared. Additionally, I am a happy, upbeat person, but on yasmin, I felt sad; like I have never felt before. I could cry at the drop of a hat, I just felt like I was worthless (having never felt that before), and I could see no hope. It was so weird. My boyfriend, who I love dearly, became the most annoying person in the world. I came off it mid pack and within days I was back to myself."

Jeanie10 July 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I have tried Yasmin twice and this time it made me so nauseous that I couldn't go to college so I stopped. Then I decided to suck it up and carry on and I'm so glad I did because the feeling of sickness only lasted about 5 days and now I am fine. I feel that my appetite is suppressed so I don't eat as much. My boobs feel a bit tender and I have gone up a cup size. I am yet to see results on my skin, it's still quite bad but I assume it takes time to clear up. Also my last comment is that I have recently had difficulty breathing and my chest was really tight? The doctor said it is allergy related but I read online it can also be a reaction to Yasmin. My doctor said it was unlikely though."

Katieeeeya July 30, 2015

For Acne "I get very sore, swollen, cyst like spots around my chin area, I would only get 2-3 at a time but they were so big & sore! I used duac for a couple of years & this worked, until a few months back when it became less effective. My doctor mentioned Yasmin & thought I would give it a go despite it's mixed reviews & I am so glad I did! My skin has never looked so smooth on my face! I had one large spot a couple of weeks into using Yasmin (this was normal as I always got these at this time of month) however the spot was gone in a couple of days & usually they would be angry & sore for weeks! Since then, I have not had one cystic spot. I used to use microgynon 30 before I switched, & other than better skin, I have had no other noticeable affects"

Amy Leigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2015

For Acne "I'm 17 and I have acne and my periods aren't on a right "schedule" I started taking this pill for 3 years now ( I stopped using it for a while in the middle ) but at the time that I took it, it really did help with my period and it was great! For the skin though I'm not too sure I mean I still get zits ( not really awful zits but their still bad zits ) at times ( though it might be because of the chocolate I eat which I can't get rid of :) ) but overall it wasn't a bad pill but the side effects are really bothering me I have mood swings and tend to cry for any stupid reason when I argue with my mom ( but again this might be because I'm in "teenage years " ) so yeah be aware of the side effects ."

Shyshy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2015

For Acne "The first month was the worst. I had the initial breakout everyone talks about. It started to get a little better then I had another bad breakout right before my sugar pills. I skipped the sugar pills and moved straight on to the second month. Now my skin has basically no breakouts on it, just some scarring and redness from my previous breakouts. I hope my skin continues to look better and not breakout. Yay for month 2!!!"

LGlll July 8, 2015

For Acne "I have been on the Pill Yasmin for 4 years now and i am only 17. I suffered from terrible acne therefor the reason i began taking it and it has been wonderful. Took me 6 months to see a difference but its worth the wait really has changed my life. I can now go out without make up on."

Yasmin Dale (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2015

For Acne "Im 17 and I started Yasmin 4 months ago as I broke out in acne and I also had PCOS. This is not good when you do modelling, I was devastated. The doctor also started me on antibiotics to give the pill a chance to kick in. I have mood swings but I think that's pretty normal for a teenager, haven't really changed in my weight, but the great thing is my acne has cleared up, I can go without makeup now. I still get pimple breakouts every now and then but that's also a normal teenage thing. The doctor wants to change me to a milder pill soon, but if I break out again I will be asking to go back on Yasmin>"

Jaz 1 June 22, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my second pack, I have never felt worse, microgynon never made me feel so sick, I'm nauseous for a week and a half , everyday! The first pack did not make me sick. My sex drive is none existent now I'm so moody On the upside, I've lost weight."

gabbise (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched from Microgynon to Yazmin due to suffering from almost all terrible side effects including fatigue, loss of libido and mood swing. I have had 4 packs of Yazmin so far. At the first three months, I feel a lot better. I was happier and even had better libido. However, starting from the 4 packs, I started to have some side effects. I am slowly losing my libido and became moody. Yet, my breast seems to be bigger, had shorter and lighter period, and haven't had breast pain and fatigue at all."

Anonymous4515864865 June 4, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "My Obgyn recommended me to take Yasmin pills to regulate my hormones. This was after I had a surgery to remove polyps formed on my uterine lining. I have been on this for 1 year now and lately, I start to have cyst on my skin. I had one on my tummy, another on my thigh and now there is one more under my bum. This cyst is a small red bump on the skin which is painful. On one hand, I minimized the risk of uterine polyps recurring but on the other hand, I get skin cysts."

Anonymous May 23, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I have PCOS and my gynecologist recommended that I take Yaz or Ocella. I took Ocella about a week, but after feeling numbness in my arm I decided to look up reviews on Yasmin, Yaz, and Ocella. I was horrified. I stopped Ocella and my PCOS started to get worse so I searched for medications that were good to treat PCOS. Yasmin had awesome reviews from people with PCOS (not so much for those with out it). I read allot of reviews and found that most people can tell a difference btw Yasmin and Ocella. I don't have insurance, but to me the price is worth it! I've lost weight, have my period again which makes me feel normal, my breast have only slightly gotten larger but don't hurt, and my skin only breaks out when I'm on my period."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

For Acne "I am 20 and have had terrible skin since I was about 15. After taking the Yasmin pill as well as Duac cream from my doctor my skin is so clear and smooth! Everyone keeps saying to me OMG your skin is amazing! I would definitely recommend it it's been brilliant. Only side affect may be mood swings but even at that I'm still not sure..."

megwilldo May 5, 2015

For Birth Control "Switched from Microgynon to Yazmin due to suffering with headaches, fatigue & loss of libido. However, yaz did not really help to be honest! My periods were heavier and more painful on Yaz, I was moody, had painful breasts but one bonus was they were bigger! Still got headaches too oh and I gained 5lb during 6 mths of using this pill."

Joedi April 28, 2015

For Acne "I am 20 years old and have had relatively clear skin my whole life. Just over a month ago I had a horrific breakout, the likes of which i'd never seen! Before, I'd stress out over one little spot on my chin whereas now my whole face was riddled with them. I was prescribed Yasmin and just wanted to say - it's not a quick fix! I've been on it almost a month now and I'd say my acne has gotten twice as bad - the spots are mostly comedonal acne and my uneven face and complexion make me extremely self conscious. Following reading the other good reviews, I'm looking forward to the good skin to come, but just needed to say that it's certainly not here yet! Hoping Yasmin follows the rule that "sometimes things get worse before they get better"!"

Charlotte J (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

For Acne "I have never left a review for any kind of drug or medication before but felt that I needed to for Yasmin in case there were other people in my situation. I am 21 and have had quite mild acne since I was about fifteen, however, around four months ago (after two years using implanon as contraception) I experienced a terrible breakout. I used every topical I could think of and was borderline suicidal over the state of my skin before my doctor mentioned the implanon can often contribute to bad hormonal acne. I got it taken out that same day and started on Yasmin, and within less than two months I have no active acne whatsoever and am focusing on healing my scarring. This pill has been a godsend for me."

hmgirl April 23, 2015

For Acne "I was on yasmin for about 3 years, it completely cleared up my skin. However I was concerned about the blood clotting issue so I changed to first dianne and then to zooley. Both were terrible, I broke out in places I never had before. I'm back on yasmin now, I can't wait till I have beautiful skin again !"

Kittiesty April 22, 2015

For Acne "Have been using yasmin for about 6 weeks. I am 25 and have suffered with acne of the face, shoulders and back since I was about 13. Roaccutane isn't an option for me. I don't think I have been on Yasmin long enough to make a fully informed review, but so far my skin has looked notably clearer, I used to get cysts around my jaw and neck which were so painful, along with normal spots and blackheads around my chin and mouth. My skin is still far from perfect, but I have not had any cysts, and only one spot on my chin. Blackheads seen minimised, and I have started using a moisturiser for 'normal' skin, rather than the heavy duty oil control ones as they had become to drying! Side effects: heavier periods, tender breasts. That's all so far!"

Aimez (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I reccently started the Yasmin pill and at first I honestly didn't think I would be able to carry on with it because it was making me feel so nauseous! I also got really bad headaches which caused me to be really moody. However, my doctor told me to give it a few weeks to settle and for my system to get used to it. I was not happy about this let me say! I wanted to scream at her to feel how ill I felt. It got better though on the fifth day I woke up and I felt fine all of a sudden, all of the side effects I was feeling had just gone. I had terrible skin and it has make my skin so much better and I feel fine now. If you're taking it and you're feeling ill like I did - I know it feels like crap but honestly just hold on cause it will go."

Hannahscoffield April 19, 2015

For Acne "Yasmin changed my life! For the past year or so I started breaking out due to hormones (it only happened the week before my period) & getting HORRIBLE PMS. About 2-3 days before my period, I would get very irritable and grouchy, to the point where it affected my work and social life. I went to my doctor with these problems & she recommended Yasmin. The first 6wks or so, it was horrible. I broke out even more, gained about 10-15lbs, & that led to a slight depression. But people told me that is just what happens when your hormones adjust to new birth control? I'm really glad I stuck through because my acne is now completely gone and my PMS levels have decreased by at least 75%, feeling SO much better!"

Btm8 April 17, 2015

For Acne "I've started using Yasmin because of my mild acne. I'm on my third pack now and so far I can't say that my face is clear. One day it gets better but than the next day it gets worse again. It may be that I just have to wait for a little bit longer ."

12345789 April 10, 2015