User Reviews for Yasmin

Birth Control 43 reviews 225 medications

Summary of Yasmin reviews 70 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Yasmin

Review by Alyssesa:

For Birth Control: Took Yasmin for 6 months now and had some nausea in the beginning but I think my body is getting used to the pill. Overall, my mood has gotten better, I used to experience mood swings. I'm switching to Microgynon 30 and see how it works for me now.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2014 1:29 AM

Review by K.M.:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Yasmin for 9 months and I can say that it had protected me effectively against pregnancy. I have read about some negative effects that have been linked to this pill. However, I decided to take it because my mother took it for years without experiencing any side effects. During my first cycle taking the pill, I experienced mild nausea and upset stomach occasionally. However, the symptoms were gone by the time I started my second pack. I have not noticed any changes in my weight or in my mood. I have frequent muscle cramps in my legs, but I am not sure that this is being caused by the pill.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 7:12 PM

Review by Lolalou (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Mood improved dramatically, PMT gone! Completely, and this was becoming a problem as I'm 40 it seemed to be getting worse. I've lost a few pounds and find it easier to keep my weight down, it must be the diuretic and no fluid retention. Bigger breasts, bit tender but better with time, I've been on it nearly 3 months now. Libido maybe even better, as I feel happier. This is by far the best pill I've been on and I didn't take the pill for years because of the effects of weight gain, and libido. I've tried Mirena twice, awful, mini pill, mini pill injection cap and coil. Finally found one that suits, now my GP won't prescribe it! I will try family planning.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 2:55 AM

Review by phoebe17x:

For Acne: I had really bad acne. I'd cry about it for hours. I would wear a lot of makeup to hide the fact my skin was awful. I'm a very sensitive person so when people nastily commented on my make-up, it hurt. I would think it isn't my fault,it's my skin! I went to the doctors after receiving many acne medications (which had lots of side effects but no results). I was offered Yasmin before but I thought I was too young but it was my last resort before going to having Roaccutane. I was 13. I'm still on the Yasmin. I used to have irregular periods and mood swings. They've stopped and my skin is clear and beautiful now. I stopped wearing the slap and became more confident. I would recommend it!

September 4, 2014 3:53 PM

Review by Lenabenas21:

For Menstrual Disorders: This is the ONLY birth control pill that has ever worked well with my system. No weight gain, no hair loss, no mood swings, in fact, my periods used to be so irregular that's I'd have terrible PMS and now I'm only cranky pants for a day or so. It helped clear my skin, regulate my cycle, helped me maintain my weight, and I just love it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by catri (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: After having the implant I switched to Yasmin to try and treat my mild acne (generally around chin area ) and it really hasn't helped. I've only taken it for 5 days and my skin is even worse my whole forehead is breaking out, my skin feels greasy. I'm very moody and tired, and feel physically sick if I'm hungry (much like pregnancy symptoms!).

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 4:24 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for about three months. Although my periods are shorter, I have had really bad side effects. It has made me very moody, I have had really bad headaches, and I have experienced major hair loss. It freaked me out and I switched back to my prior birth control.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2014 1:32 AM

Review by Frosh71 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I used Yasmin for birth control reasons as it was the lowest one available to me at the time that didn't cause breakthrough bleeding. It was great for birth control and my skin is very clear after taking it. The main difference I noticed from other pills is that I would always get my period one day early (on the Sun instead of the Mon). I also had terrible mood swings and angry outburts. My poor kids copped the brunt of my moods! I have been off Yasmin for two weeks now and am back to my calm and happy self, and my sex drive has returned. I am 42.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: Was good for not getting pregnant , but made me feel sick I'm using it for a month now and skin is dark and dirty looking body pains feel tired just sick overall

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2014 8:23 AM

Review by Mzu:

For Acne: I'm 19 years old and I have been using Yasmin for 4 months. I started using Yasmin because I saw it was working tremendously for other people. A week after I started my skin was great then I had a breakout. It hasn't disappeared since, instead its making the rest of my skin lighter. I'm worried whether it is working for me or I'm just impatient.

March 21, 2014 11:35 AM

Review by #acnedrivesmecrazy:

For Acne: I must say this is GOD sent. I was on Yasmin for polycystic ovarian syndrome and birth control! At first I didn't know that it would help with my acne but it did help.... wow! i Was acne free for the five years that I was on Yasmin. I could actually go out without foundation it was amazing BUT for the past five months I came off the pill because I wanted to start my family, biggest mistake I ever made! My acne came back full blown and even worse than before. In that five months I tried every topical and home remedy but sad to say nothing worked now I'm back on the pill only four days and I'm already seeing a drastic improvement where my acne is concerned.

February 27, 2014 4:38 PM

Review by Ffion (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Yasmin for nearly two years but I've noticed my sex drive has gone and I get moody a lot more but it didn't make me gain any weight I'm going to change pills when I go to the doctors next.

February 3, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by Pomba Gira (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I gave the Yasmin 10/10 as I started taking it for birth control and I did not become pregnant. But I want to point out some other effects Yasmin had on my body. I originally changed from Microgynon to Yasmin after a period of taking no birth control as I heard Yasmin could improve mood and gives some women a feeling of well-being, which I did experience. Yasmin also gave me slightly larger breasts and I lost about half a stone in weight. The reason I stopped taking Yasmin was because of a sudden dramatic appearance of cellulite on my thighs and bum. I am a UK size 6 and have never had cellulite before in my life (I'm 26), I have been taking Microgynon again for 2mths and the cellulite has completely vanished.

February 2, 2014 4:28 AM

Review by Michi of Avalon (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: THOUGHT: Everyone's body is different, but also be mindful and rational about external forces and behaviors causing issues, be mainly with mood/relationship problems. After 2 years off from taking hormonal birth control. I'm about to reach the inert pill week and so far this is what I've experienced: Tender breasts/nipples, but up 1 size; Improved mood (history of mood swings, but they were mainly as teenager, I am now 22); Improved complexion; More intense clitoral sensation; Mild vaginal dryness; Minimal if no weight gain (attributed to increased appetite in general with hormonal birth control); Maybe a mild decrease in libido; No bloating.

January 31, 2014 11:57 AM

Review by kcfamily (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: My cycles are regulated now which is nice but the part that is driving me crazy is my nipples hurt so bad around the same time every month. I feel nausea, heartburn, same symptoms as a pregnancy. I am going to use for one more month and if it doesn't go away. I am switching.

January 9, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by Paridhi (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: I was suffering from acne since 12 years. Now I am 27. I had took various costly treatments including chemical peeling and other cosmetic treatments. When I was 25 my skin specialist suggest me Yasmin. I took it for 11 months, in first month I had little bit headache and nausea but in second month there was no discomfort like that. In third month my face was almost clear and at the end (11th month) my skin started glowing there was not a single acne or marks on my face. Friends started asking about my glowing skin. I did not gain weight. But I stopped taking Yasmin after getting glowing skin within on year acne came back. Now I am starting it again.

December 30, 2013 2:12 AM

Review by lidiaaaaaaa:

For Acne: i used this as a treatment for my acne and pms symptoms. i dont believe it! this medicine is a miracle! my acne is completely gone! ( ive suffered from acne since i was in 4th grade, doctor medicated cream didnt work on my skin! 14 years ive suffered from acne) and noq my acne completely gone, and not only my acne completely gone, my pores also become invincible. say good bye to my nasty oily skin! now i only wash my face with warm water! (no soap no toner or chemicals thing whatsoever) with yasmin my pms sympton and cramps are also gone! this is the best medicine that work! it balance your hormon and reduce oily skin!

November 21, 2013 2:54 AM

Review by ash beeeee:

For Birth Control: I started taking Ocella (generic for Yasmin) at age 22 when I got married. Everything was great for maybe 2 or 3 years. Then I started experiencing numbness in my right leg and left arm. This past year started having TERRIBLE migraines at least once a week. Due to my family history of breast cancer I decided this past may (6 months ago) to come OFF of Yasmin. To put in short (GOOGLE IT ! ) .... I had a MENTAL BREAKDOWN this past week thanks to YASMIN/OCELLA !!!!!!!!

November 3, 2013 8:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been taking Yaz for 4 years. I haven't gained any weight and no acne. BUT my sex drive has been completely gone. I just got my blood drawn and my estrogen level is the lowest of the low..my doctor said it's from YAZ. Also, (I just noticed this now) but I have lost sooo much hair since taking this pill.

October 31, 2013 12:14 AM

Review by Yasminuser (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I used Diane for years but my doctor switched me to Yasmin because I was experiencing breakthrough bleeding. Have been on Yasmin for six months and I really do not feel like myself with a consistent moderate depression and angry mood swings. So odd because I am normally a happy-go-lucky person! I was using Diane largely for my acne and it worked but Yasmin has not done anything for my acne either - I have at least two new whiteheads every morning I wake up, which also does not help with the depression! I will be switching back to Diane and exploring other options to address breakthrough bleeding at the end of this cycle.

October 27, 2013 6:46 AM

Review by SoCal 92:

For Birth Control: Yaz didn't make me gain weight and it's helped with my acne. I notice people saying that this caused moodiness. I was diagnosed with depression a few months ago and also inability to concentrate a few months back as well so because of that I take Prozac and Adderall. Those two pills have made me not moody while on Yaz. I suggest looking into whether or not you have depression and an inability to concentrate if you experience moodiness while on Yaz.

September 30, 2013 6:12 PM

Review by BriannaJoy:

For Birth Control: My experience with Yasmin has been really well. I didn't gain any weight as some people are saying they did. I had mild acne and now my face is perfectly clear, give or take a monthly pimple. One thing was that I did get VERY moody the first 2 months of taking it. I was not my usual happy self. I didn't want to be touched and everything was a problem for me. But after the 2 months, I went back to myself. I've been on it for 7 months now and I'm very happy with it.

June 26, 2013 6:36 AM

Review by JMAC81:

For Birth Control: I was prescribed Yasmin by my GP 3 years ago. After 2 months I became depressed and very moody but the acne on my back cleared up. I decided to come off it for my sanity, my moods improved but my acne returned. 7 months ago I decided to give it another go. This time has been fantastic, I'm 31 and my skin has never looked so clear and my hair growth is much faster. I have always been a B - C cup but 7 months on I am a DD. My mood never changed and I just feel great. I wouldn't change from Yasmin now, it's been great for me.

April 7, 2013 11:06 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I'm 20 years old, I've been on Yasmin for 3 years, and have experienced horrible side effects. It's GREAT for acne, weight loss and actual birth control, but my mood swings are CRAZY. Before starting this pill, I was a very happy, positive person. After taking this pill I've become crazy, anxious, depressed, upset and stressed out over the tiniest things (causing major fights with my boyfriend) at all points in my cycle. This is a MAJOR side effect and shouldn't be ignored, it has completely changed my personality and I won't be taking it again after this month is over.

January 21, 2013 9:19 PM

Review by Zarah A (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I started Yasmin about 3 months ago now and seriously had so many side effects- not only did it made my skin worse but I constantly felt bloated, was depressed, I'm usually quite energetic but it made me really sleepy constantly. I'm in my last year of my degree, so it really was not helpful at all! Luckily I found sense to leave the pill and already I feel better, I'm not bloated anymore and generally less tired! I am still in search for something to cure my acne though.

November 24, 2012 3:01 PM