User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 26 reviews 72 medications

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 307 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I was taking Yaz for almost 7 years and I loved it! My weight never changed, my skin was beautiful, normal sex drive, no cramps, 3-4 days periods. In 2013 I saw some weird spots on my face, after the consultation with a doc it turned out to be Melasma (nothing dangerous but it doesn't look good) . One of the most common causes is oral birth control. It wasn't the Yaz, just birth control with higher amount of progestin. I switched to Mirena and that was the worst decision ever! Acne, mood changes, gained 20 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm going back on the pill this month and we will see how it goes, I will post about it in about 6 months."

Joanna1986 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz since I was 23 and I'm 28 now. In the first month or so I had mild side effects-felt a bit dizzy and had some breakthrough bleeding, but they subsided after a month or two. I have PMDD, and Yaz has been a Godsend in regulating my moods-instead of being out of control for 3 weeks, I only have PMDD for little less than a week. It's definitely helped me and I'd be a hot mess without it!"

Anne F. October 6, 2014

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I've been on YAZ for over 3 years now. It's the only birth control I've been on and it's been amazing. I suffer from severe PMDD and I was placed on it. So far my PMDD is not fully gone but it has helped my life tremendously. My period used to be 8 days long and extremely heavy. Now it's around 5 days and very light. I used to get severe cramping and now I rarely cramp. I also had mild acne and it's virtually gone now except for the few I get right before my period. For physical issues from my period is has been really successful but for the emotional issues it has helped mildly. I still get the panic, anger and depression up to a week before my period but it has calmed down. Also no pregnancy scares at all or weight gain."

Umbri October 6, 2014

For Acne "I love Yaz. I suffer from adult acne and Yaz always heals it within 3 months of taking it. I love that my periods come at the same day every month and only last about 4 days. The other thing I love about it is it seems to level out my moods. I'm not so up and down like I would be without it. As far as its effectiveness for birth control, I have never gotten pregnant while on the pill which makes me and my husband very happy."

JMCO September 22, 2014

For Birth Control "Upon requesting a Yaz prescription from my doctor, I was initially concerned as I was very nauseous and threw-up a few times in the morning during the first week. Nonetheless, I remained on Yaz and I am certainly glad that I did. I do not suffer from any acne with the exception of the couple days preceding my period (minor and unpreventable chin acne due to hormones/menstruation). It%u2019s highly effective in preventing pregnancy and I have not noticed any weight gain. In fact, I felt thinner when I first began taking it. I do not experience any physical pain or health issues (I recently turned 21, I do not smoke, and I am very slim and active). Overall, Yaz is great."

CanadianGirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2014

For Acne "I have just started my third month with Yaz. I started back on the pill because I started breaking out two years ago when I stopped it. I have started to break out more than usual in my second month with larger pimples but from what I read on here that is normal. It has helped my cycle not be as painful also but I'm hoping it will work for the reason I got back on to clear my face. Keeping my fingers crossed."

KTcooper (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2014

For Acne "On my third pack and have seen no improvement. Everyone says 3 months is the magic number but so far I've just gotten worse. I went on Yaz to help my moderate/severe acne and it made it completely severe and now I only break out in giant cysts that are very painful."

Awful acne (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2014

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control pill I went on because I was having heavy periods and cramps but also because I started having sex. Never really had too many problems, still had pretty heavy days for the first 2 out of 6 but at least they would come like clockwork. I did get super emotional for about 3 days a month where almost anything would make me cry and where I would get the occasional extreme cramp. Overall it worked pretty well for me, never got pregnant even though had a ton of sex near the end (usually also had condoms) and managed to rarely miss a pill. "

em000 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2014

For Birth Control "My first month on Yaz, and I must say I've noticed two changes. On the plus side, period is much lighter and I'm not suffering from the debilitating exhaustion I had for years during each period. However, I'm getting panicky and got palpitations."

Elementalmage (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2014

For Birth Control "From the experience of taking Yaz for about two years. Advantages: no pain at PMS, less bleeding, scheduled period, for sale in most of the countries. disadvantages: cause me with gaining weight (about 3kg) for near two years, although there might be other reasons"

Anonymous September 11, 2014

For Acne "I started taking Yaz because of my acne breakout and that's unusual because I'm already way past my teenage years. About a week after taking it, I've noticed that my breakouts has stopped. Though I still get 1 or 2 tiny reddish spots every week or so (Stress from being a Programmer), they heal after a day or two without applying any medication on it. Before the pills, I always get nasty breakouts and even a single pimple takes weeks to heal because it's always recurring. Today, my skin is on it's way to clearing up and I don't retouch my makeup often anymore because the oiliness has been diminished. I've also noticed that my breasts got heavier and are bigger than usual. But that's fine with me for as long as the pills won't make me fat."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2014

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was depressed. I had maybe one good week each month... . Then I started taking Yaz because a friend told me it helped her, but she also said I had to be patient. I think it took three months and then I noticed I was so much better! I took Prozac and didn't notice any changes, but Yaz saved my life. I'm not PMS free but I have more good days than bad ones. I read some of the comments and I recognized side effects experienced by another friend. It just didn't work for her. It actually made her worse (I think Yasmin worked for her, though). I wish they keep researching and, as time goes by, we have even better options. It's not easy being a woman. And I hope Yaz works for you."

TPMBrasil (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2014

For Birth Control "Made me very emotional and anxious, I felt like I was going crazy. It also made my periods irregular and gave me awful cramps. Only took for 4 months and it caused me to have 3 very painful ovarian cysts. Was not the right birth control for me!"

Emotional rollercoaster (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2014

For Acne "I mainly got on Yaz for acne and I've been taking it for four months and have only seen a slight difference. I still break out really bad on my period and it just seems like an on going cycle. The good thing about this is my period is very regular and SUPER light which I love! and I also don't experience cramping anymore. I am hoping that my acne starts to go away soon though."

SDizzle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2014

For Birth Control "Yaz was great for about three months. Then with time I suddenly started to become too overbearing for many people in my life. I was always high strung, and I had intense symptoms of PMS. It got to the point where my family and friends basically ignored me for two weeks and I lost a relationship from it. It helped give me the estrogen I was lacking while being a great birh control, the PMS factor just overrided the others."

PMS Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 18, 2014

For Birth Control "I have a regular cycle with no spotting. I did have some weight gain in the belly area but it helps with pimples and my PMS is better. I would recommend this pill."

Shanny112 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2014

For Birth Control "It is the most amazing medicine for birth control I ever used. I actually didn't use anything else except Yaz, never switched to another birth control pill. The only side effect is that I gained weight but that's nothing compared to how amazingly it works. I also got all the acne gone and I have regular periods."

Valona (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2014

For Acne "I was the one who posted below under "testing it out." Last I was here I was nervous it wasn't going to work. WELL, let me tell you. Just hang in there for the first three months friends because your life is about to get better. Literally right after my third period of being on Yaz I noticed an immediate difference. Acne has drastically reduced to the point of it basically being non-existent. My skin is finally starting to heal with the help of a dark spot corrector and my confidence is through the roof. THANK YOU YAZ!"

testing it out (I'm back!) February 7, 2014

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on Yaz for 2 and a half years and it's been the best form of contraceptive medication for me. I have tried other contraceptive pills and have had all kinds of bad side effects, but once I started Yaz I was fine. Originally I started using it as a form of contraception, I still do but it has also helped with my severe menstrual cramps and endometriosis. I can have my period every 3 months without a problem and I haven't experienced any side effects, pregnancy scares, bloating or acne on it so overall it's been great. "

coppola22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2014

For Birth Control "At first I really loved Yaz. There was little to no weight gain, it didn't make me have any mood swings. I've been taking it for 7 months, and for the last 4 months, I've noticed a decrease in sex drive, very very little lubrication, and haven't gotten my period for the last 3 months... which is a scary thing. On top of that I started bleeding during intercourse. Each month I went to the gyno to see what was wrong, I took a pregnancy test there each month and every test came out negative. I got looked at and got other tests done and everything came out negative and normal. I've now been very tired and irritable lately and the doctor's still don't seem to know exactly what's wrong, which is very stressful. I'm now switching to NuvaRing."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2013

For Birth Control "I LOVED Yaz, I was on it for 2 years. It caused my cramps to stop completely and I had no side effects the only thing I had was a loss in my sex drive. But I think all birth control does that to me. Only reason I switched was because I couldn't remember to take it every day anymore because my work and college was all over the place. I would go days without it."

Brydawn (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2013

For Acne "I have been on Yaz for hormonal acne for about 3 years now. Let me just say the first two years were awesome. No chin breakouts, less oily. Now for some reason it is no longer working. I am getting painful cysts again around my period. I thought it was temporary but I started noticing it in December and it is now September. I'm nervous to get off of it for fear it will be worse. It worked for me for some time but now I have to find something else."

Nina77 September 9, 2013

For Birth Control "I got on this birth control when it first came in 2006 when I was 16, I was on it up until I was 22. Switching was the biggest mistake ever. I LOVED this birth control. I never had any problems with it. Lighter and shorter periods, cleared up my skin and no bloating or weight gain. The only downfall was I did get very emotional but that was it and maybe occasional breakthrough bleeding. Best of all it worked for me. I am switching back to this birth control and can't wait."

Katia love August 14, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been on Yaz for 8 months now. The first 2 were a little rough with breakthrough bleeding or missed period (which is so stressful) but I gave it a chance anyway. I had mild to severe acne that is very much clear now other than a few scars. I have not gained weight BUT my breast are a full cup size bigger. My only issue with Yaz is that I never used to get PMS symptoms, now I feel angry and the next second I want to cry for absolutely not reason. This only lasts a day or two so I can deal with it."

Higgy French (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2013

For Acne "My doctor suggested I go on Yaz after a good 8 years of being on a previous pill and basically experiencing acne the entire time. Anyway, I've been on Yaz for a month. I'm glad I read reviews before because I probably would have given up and fully entered a hermit life if I didn't know that a major breakout the first month or two is normal. I have gotten acne in places I've never had before - along my jaw line, even on my neck. It's terrifying and I'm only hanging in there based on the people that swear by month 3 is gets better. However, I will say, I am happy with having experienced no other side effects. Weight has never been a problem for me, but I actually lost 5 pounds. Here's hoping that month 2 and 3 brings better luck!"

testing it out (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2013