User Reviews for Yaz (Page 2)

Learn more about Yaz.

Birth Control 204 reviews 275 medications

6.5
Summary of Yaz reviews 363 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "Caused major depression. Was on many strong medications for years before reading how Yaz could be the problem. Went off Yaz and depression disappeared. No more strong medication. No sex drive while on pill. Very dry during sex. Also had a terrible scarring breakout after coming off of it. Only gave it two stars because I did not get pregnant so it "did its jobs.""

Liz AR (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on YAZ since I was 16 (now 26). I used to be happy all the time, excited about life, enjoy sex and just fine. Since I've been taking YAZ I gone from mild to severe depression, anxiety attacks, uncontrolled bouts of crying, panic attacks and now I may have first signs of glaucoma. I now take high doses of antidepressants. My mental health shows no signs of improving. It has gotten worse as I have gotten older. I went to a psychiatrist a few years back and she put me on Prozac, but the symptoms have gotten worse. Now I'm on triple doses of anti-depressants. After reading these articles and the side effects of other users I'm confident it is the result of YAZ. I attend a medical school, so I shall have tests done next week."

CAL2016 January 3, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I started this pill because I was having crazy mood swings and just not feeling like myself at least 3 weeks out of the month. My doctor prescribed me this hoping it would also treat my acne along with PMDD. Well, the first month was pretty rough as far as my acne was concerned but it wasn't as bad as I've read in other reviews. I had a few painful cystic pimples within 2 weeks of taking Yaz. I felt really embarrassed because my old pill (loestrin) gave me clear skin and I wasn't used to acne anymore. Well now I'm about to start my 4 inactive pills and about 3 days ago my skin just cleared up like MAGIC. I read that it takes about 3 months to level out your hormones. But I finally feel like myself again! No more crazy crying fits!!"

Jasssss January 2, 2016

For Birth Control "If I could give negative ratings I would. I have been on yaz for 4 months now and started it as a means of tracking my periods, which were irregular before. Much to my dismay yaz didn't help in this respect at all, I can't depend on it at all. My periods are still irregular. I have also experienced extreme mood swings, crying over nothing, getting depressed over silly things that never used to effect me at all. I have now stopped taking yaz and I'm so much happier."

Jessi031 December 27, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Before I started yaz, my periods were ridiculously heavy and the cramps that came with them were even more horrific. I've been on yaz for 8 years now, and I still love it! I have not had a cramp in 8 years and my period is REGULAR! My only downside is this: Several years ago studies started to show a slight increase in women getting gallbladder disease. I started yaz in December 2007 at the age of 21. By march (approx 3 mo. later), I had severe pain in my right side just under my breast. Turns out, I needed it (my gallbladder) removed. I am healthy and have never even been sick in my Life. I'm convinced it was due to to the yaz, as nothing else in my life was different. Easy surgery/recovery though, and no problems since! Just watch out!"

Positive and negative (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2015

For Acne "I've been on Yaz for a year and a half. This pill for real ruined my skin. I have acne scars that will never go away. I hate it. I wish in the early months when it was ruining my skin that I had decided to stop taking it. Instead I read the reviews and thought if I just give it enough time things will improve. They didn't and now I'm stuck on the pill that's still giving me acne (albeit not as bad as before) too scared to stop. I feel like I'm being held hostage by Yaz. It also gives me my period two weeks out of the month. Worst decision of my life. I've never posted on something like this before – but the experience was so awful I thought I had to warn others. My advice is to listen to your body and if it's not working STOP!"

Melovett November 21, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "After having some issues with what could be classified as PMDD, I went on a search for ways to help alleviate the mood swings I got every month around the time of Aunt Flows visit. After googling around, Yaz was the number one remedy that I found, so I went to Planned Parenthood, got a prescription, and tried it out for a month. Let's just say my PMDD went away... but I was in crying fits and had really bad anxiety for about 80% of the month. Nothing new has come up for me that would cause those issues, and it is very abnormal for me to cry that much and have uncontrollable anxiety. In short, this drug made me a crazier and depressed. It sucked! I've been off of it for two days and I'm finally feeling better. Nope! Not for me."

pinke138 November 21, 2015

For Birth Control "So far I have been on yaz for about two weeks, my dermatologist recommended it for me because I was having really bad break outs. So far it has cleared up my skin and I also feel as though my breasts have been getting bigger (which I want). I was on the depot shot for a year and it was terrible. My dermo told me that birth control causes break outs. I also lost a extremely unhealthy amount of weight on the shot. Ever since quitting the depo shot and going to Yaz, I've been back to my normal self and my normal energy. I'm also slowly getting back to a healthy weight."

megkov November 17, 2015

For Acne "This is the worst pill ever! It broke my entire face out. It made my acne sooooo much worst. I'm so upset with what has done to my face. I wish I didn't go on this pill at all seriously don't do it. It's so awful."

Essence92929 November 15, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I am 21, and have been taking the pill since the age of 16. Two years ago I began to take Yaz, after severe mood swings, depression, and overwhelming sadness and anger due to PMDD. Yaz has been a lifesaver for me! I don't have cramps, my period lasts 3 days at most and is very light (not even enough to warrant use of a tampon), and my skin is perfectly clear, with the exception of 2 pimples a month around menstruation. But the absolute best part is my mood! I became ME again, a happy, easy-going person, who doesn't pick fights with her boyfriend over burnt spaghetti noodles ;)"

BosRae November 11, 2015

For Acne "I took Yaz when I started developing cystic acne whenever my period was close. It completely cleared up my face after 1 one month. For 1 year, I was symptom free, but afterwards started developing severe lethargy a week before my period. It would be so bad that I would just be walking around in a haze. I fell asleep in class, couldn't concentrate and worst of all, I couldn't drive in fear I'd crash. However, after my period started, this would go away. My breasts went from an A cup to a B cup as well. I eventually stopped taking Yaz due to the hazy PMS symptoms. My skin stayed clear until this very day. This pill changed my acne for the better for life. Couldn't be happier with the choice."

KristaAh November 10, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been taking Loryna (generic for Yaz) for about two years now. I'll preface this review by saying I'm turning 27 and I've been on some form of BC since age 20. I had surgery 12/2012 for ovarian cysts, and ever since have been struggling with weight gain, pelvic bloating, and cramping that gets worse with each passing month. When I first tried this medication, I had little to no effects. But after about 4-6 months, I gained about 30 pounds. After two years, I'm up to 40 extra pounds with no reason for it. I'm constantly bloated, hungry and moody. Not to mention my libido is nonexisstent and I never want to be touched by my fiance. I'm getting off this horrible medication and going on Sprintec this weekend."

magyar_boheme (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2015

For Acne "I am 20 years old. I've had moderate acne since I was 13. I've never had completely clear skin since that age. I needed to get on birth control and I was a bit nervous about the side effects. I chose Yaz because the claims said it would help clear acne. When I started my first pack my breast became sore and I was slightly nauseous. Nothing seemed to happen with my skin. By my second pack I started to break out, I wasn't sure if it was the birth control or just me. The nausea went away. By the fourth pack the breakout was at its worst. I was very frustrated and wanted to quit the birth control. But by the end of my fourth pack I noticed the acne was clearing. I am now on my fifth month with only a couple small pimples and my hopes are high!"

HollyDowney November 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I am quitting Yaz after 9 months of taking the pill. Before I started taking yaz, I had no problems with lubrication during sex, or swelling afterwards. I had a healthy libido, and I didn't really think that BC could change that. Well, I sure was wrong. It was extremely hard for me to get aroused and when I did, there just wasn't enough lubrication in order to have painless sex. Even when we used lube, I would experience painful swelling which would last for several days straight. The only positive side was that my face cleared up, but I'm honestly better off Yaz."

1994oo1994 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz since July. First box, I have tonnes of side effects. I had a nausea, I was feeling very weak, I was fatigue and super sleepy all the time. After two weeks, nausea was gone. I has irregular bleeding which was gone on the third box. i gained 2kg, but I am not sure it's really related to Yaz. However, since from the first day, I am definitelly in a depression. I tend to cry without a reason a lot. I am super anxious about very little things. I definitely overreact emotionally. I am feeling hopeless and so on. After I am sure this depression which came with Yaz is not going, my doctor gave me other one which I will start soon."

Lineria (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been using Yaz as birth control since 2012, yaz is working so well on me, no side effects, everything is good. "

Rhauyyyn (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Began yaz on the 20th of August because I was diagnosed with endometriosis and it caused me to have a 23 day period. 3 days after my period came again for 9 days and it was extremely painful worse than ever before and very heavy. I stopped using yaz at that point and now 6 days after here I am again with a next period heavy and painful. Wish I had never used this drug. Worst experience ever. Hoping to go back to a normal cycle soon because this is uncomfortable."

annoyeduserofyaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Hi, I started yaz 2 months ago (after a 6 month break) on the 7th day of my period which was the last day. My next period then came 30 days later and lasted for 10 days, the doctor said this was normal since I started yaz on the 7th day of period instead of 1st. One week later Im spotting again!! Is this normal?? Could someone please tell me if your experiencing the same problem."

A.T September 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I have irregular periods (1 per year) so I was put on birth control to help. When I was a teen I was on ortho tri cyclen and it worked just fine. I am 24 now and got a new Doc and was swapped to yaz, one pill for 28 days. I was on it for about a year. NEVER AGAIN! I also have a tilted uterus so my cramps can be debilitating. Yaz was supposed to help. It made it worse. The cramps sat in my lower back and it felt like shooting pains through my who body. The worst part was I developed panic attacks. My mood was terrible. I was either angry or I cried every time I saw something lovey dovey on a netflix movie. My depression got worse. To the point where I thought I was going nuts. I finally had enough and asked to be put back on ortho."

ShellyZ September 13, 2015

For Acne "I have been on Yaz for 7 months now to treat my chin acne. The first three months of taking Yaz, I had the worst cystic breakouts in places I have never gotten breakouts before. It was terrible but I wanted to give it some time. Now it has been 7 months and I still break out on my chin, there has been time maybe two weeks when I haven't gotten any breakouts at all but now it is the same thing as before. I also quit sugar and dairy and using all natural skin care products but still no dramatic improvement. Also, Yaz made me gain weight and I have noticed eyelash hair loss."

VanCity1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2015

For Birth Control "Worst birth control ever. I started taking it after my doctor thought I would get pregnant.... even though condoms are used. I've been on it for 1 1/2 weeks now and my body rejects the pill by vomiting it back up. I've had a really bad acne breakout and I have started to get panic attacks so bad that it's hard to physically and emotionally function. At this point, I'd rather go through 9 months of pregnancy and a million hours of labor than take this."

ZT (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Kariva for years before I started Yaz. I'm so glad I made the switch! I am less irritable, less anxious, and my mood swings are gone. I knew that before my period I would get sad for no reason, feel unmotivated, and my anxiety would rise. I would prepare for it, like clockwork. I don't have to do that now! I feel so much better since taking Yaz. My energy is up, my ability to handle stress is better. Not to mention my face is glowing! My nails and hair have grown so healthy. My breasts have even grown a cup size (back to what they were before having a child)! The only negative is that my breast were tender the first few months of taking the medication (they're fine now)."

Sam555 August 24, 2015

For Acne "I was initially on Yaz for about 6 years then stopped because I was getting migraines. The whole 6 years my skin was flawless. I quit taking it Jan 2015 and it is now Aug 2015. My skin is unbearable I don't even recognize myself. I got back on Gianvi (generic Yaz) and I'm hoping it will work again. I'm experiencing like 10-15 cysts at once and lowest self-esteem in my life. I can't tell if the birth control is going to help anytime soon. I am only on week 2 and losing hope."

bre23 August 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I was put on Yaz earlier this year by my regular doctor. Within a week of taking yaz, I had severe pain in my abdomen, I couldn't breathe without being in excruciating pain. A week later I was worse, I was in the worst pain I'd ever felt constantly. I went back to the Dr and after a week of testing and hundreds of dollars found out I have a Gall Bladder Infection and may have to have surgery to remove my gall bladder. Luckily, medication cleared it up after a few days. Since then I have found out that there is actually a number of class actions, in a number of different countries including Australia & Canada, against the maker of Yaz due to the immense number of adversely effected women. Dont go near it!!"

JLH90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on Yaz for about 4 months now. I started taking it to regulate my periods, as they were very heavy and irregular. Yaz helped 100% with that issue. Now I know when my period will arrive and it only lasts about 4 days. Yaz has also cleared up my acne. Before taking it I had fairly severe acne (for a 36 year old) and since taking Yaz I don't have severe breakouts, just one or two pimples here and there. If I had to list my negative experiences since taking Yaz it would be my irritability. Small things annoy me...like my husband chewing his cereal. It's not bad enough that I go into a rage or anything, but it can be annoying. Also, the outside edges of my breasts are sore. Feels like when I was nursing! So far, a positive experience"

safford5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015