User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 24 reviews 72 medications

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 284 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Helped my PMDD a lot. Only side effects were weight gain and a loss of sex drive.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2010 4:19 PM

For Birth Control: I was accidentally put on Yaz when I was supposed to be on Yasmin back in July 2008. I just decided to stick it out and see if there was a difference. The 10 microgram difference in dosage made a HUGE difference. (Yasmin 30 microgram, Yaz 20 microgram) From July 2008 to January 2009, (the time I was on Yaz) it was completely miserable. I had constant nausea, would feel sick eating anything with lactose, had mood swings that almost cost me my relationship, unbearable headaches and at times I had sharp shooting back pain. I felt completely unmotivated and it had a negative effect on my school life. Once I switched back to the 30 microgram dosage, (Ocella) the side effects decreased dramatically.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2010 1:53 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for 2 months. My acne got worse, and I had terrible breast tenderness, to the point where I couldn't wear a bra or sleep on my side or stomach. I switched to Loestrin Fe which is working wonderfully.

December 2, 2010 11:54 PM

Review by aimeek:

For Acne: I originally started taking Yaz for birth control, but instantly noticed that my face cleared up. Yaz works wonders for acne, and I highly recommend it. However, it made my emotions go crazy. I became very anxious. I was on it for a year and then decided to get off of it. My anxiety decreased but acne slowly came back. Now I am going to try it again for acne and hope that I can cope with the anxiety from it. I'm out of school now so I'm hoping this makes it easier to cope with the side effects. Also, I did not gain any weight, and my boobs grew a full size. It's a myth that birth control causes weight gain, it only causes increase in appetite or causes you to crave a certain food (i.e. sugar) which in turn causes you to gain weight

October 26, 2010 1:52 PM

Review by Imabunny:

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for a year. I have to say overall I loved it. I didn't really have any mood swings that were out of the ordinary for me, no spotting or weight gain, no problems at all really. Except, shortly before I got off it and switched, I got a blood clot in my right arm. It was very painful. I am a smoker and knew the risk, but I loved Yaz so much that I was willing to stay on it. I switched at the request of my husband. For whatever reason the blood clot did not scare me, and it went away on its own. But I am yet again switching my pill because what I was switched to after Yaz is just not cutting it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2010 8:55 AM

For Birth Control: I'm switching back to YAZ after trying another least expensive birth control. I would rather pay $60 a month for YAZ than to be on all the other pills that made me extremely moody, anxious and nauseous. With YAZ, I didn't feel like I was on birth control. I felt like my normal self, with my normal sex drive, normal weight but without the monster cramps, severe acne and moodiness before my period, and the long 8 day cycle. I would recommend it to anyone who has tried a lot of different pills that had too many bad side effects.

October 13, 2010 1:03 AM

Review by butterflygirl011:

For Acne: I have been using this for about 2 weeks now and so far I like it. I used to be on Loestrin 24 and it made me go INSANE. My poor husband hated being around me for the 2 months I took it. I stopped taking birth control pills after that. Now I am on Yaz and have actually felt good and full of energy but my acne has gotten about 10 times worse than it was starting out. Many have said it gets worse before it gets better so I am sticking with it! Oh and my breasts have already gotten larger. They were large to begin with DD and I am now at DDD. I hope that stops! I honestly do look just like Dolly all boobs.

October 11, 2010 8:43 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz for four years. It is the only birth control I have ever been on because my doctor recommended it the first time I saw him, and I have never had any problem with it.

September 19, 2010 9:01 PM

Review by ksfsjkfhasds:

For Acne: I have been on Yaz for a year. I was prescribed Yaz by my dermatologist. I have lots of clogged pores, very oily skin, and would get big zits on my chin that were not only ugly but painful. Yaz helped with the painful chin acne but not completely. It also helped my oiliness go down but not enough. I am on Accutane now and cannot wait to stop taking Yaz. My period is still heavy, I think it helped with PMS. I spot on this a lot. I also skipped the white pills this month in order to not have my period and have had my period for an entire MONTH. Obviously my body didn't respond to that well! I had an increase in appetite, gained twelve pounds. Also I am tired ALL THE TIME and feel moody.

September 16, 2010 1:45 AM

For Acne: Yaz saved my skin. I had severe acne, whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, the works, on my face. I was prescribed Yaz after none of the topical medications worked, for example, Tazorac, in both the gel and cream form. It does take a while to see the full effect. I noticed after 2 months the shine that I always had on my face went away, and slowly, over a course of about 9 months my skin was completely clear. It was a miracle, to say the least. My dermatologist kept me on the Tazorac just as a caution, but I know it was the Yaz that truly cleared my skin up. I highly recommend Yaz as long as you are in good health to use it (don't smoke or anything) and want to see a real change in your skin.

August 26, 2010 9:56 PM

Review by Uzuh:

For Menstrual Disorders: I got on Yaz because my doctor says it helps with premenstrual syndrome, plus I've always had terrible heavy periods. It has cut them down significantly and helps with the premenstrual symptoms. My spouse also claims it makes me less crappy at the PMS time. No bad side effects other than a hormone headache, but I used to get that anyway. The timeframe just changed.

August 25, 2010 5:51 PM

Review by MRG1969:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I suffered with PMDD for over 20 years, this included bad acne, terrible mood swings, recurring infections such as bladder and yeast, having to be bed ridden the entire week prior to my period, terrible joint pain and water retention. I had seen all types of doctors, given tests for diabetes to STDs-as they couldn't figure out what was ailing me. I had doctors recommend Prozac and large amounts of Ibuprofen...none of this helped. It was by luck, my doctor was not available and I saw a different physician that prescribed Yaz. I can honestly say this medicine has CHANGED MY LIFE. I feel like a new person and spent 20 years in pain. Thank you Yaz for giving me my life back--I LOVE THIS MEDICATION AND MY NEW LIFE!

August 17, 2010 7:53 PM

For Birth Control: BEST BIRTH CONTROL EVER. Curbs my appetite so much. I went off Yaz for 2 months and actually gained weight and was hungry 24/7. I have no negative side effects at all, and I never feel hungry. I have so much energy and my mood is more stable. Yaz is perfect for me.

August 16, 2010 7:38 PM

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I have been on Yaz for a little over a year now. My doctor put me on this pill because it is apparently a good one for PCOS. This pill did keep me from getting pregnant and helped somewhat with cramping. However, while on this pill I gained about 12 pounds and my sex drive was non-existent and I'm 21 so that's not normal. Also, while I was on Yaz my periods never came the day it was supposed to but rather the day it was suppose to end. My periods were often heavy and irregular. Before I was put on Yaz I was on Seasonique and today I am going back on that pill. I was on Seasonique for 4 years before Yaz and I never had any problems.

August 11, 2010 6:41 PM

Yaz has been great for me so far! I just had my baby and researched different birth control methods. I liked how Yaz sounded because I do suffer from PMDD. The first month I took this I didn't notice anything different (probably because I just had a baby and my hormones are out of whack still). But I have noticed much difference within the next 2 months of taking this. My face has also cleared up which is awesome! I was so worried about losing my sex drive on the pill but it seriously has INCREASED a lot! I was also worried about gaining weight on this but I have lost weight instead! The only negative side effect I somewhat experience is headaches and a little bit of nausea. Other than that I highly recommend YAZ.

August 10, 2010 4:05 PM

For Birth Control: I suffered from severe headaches about two days after I started Yaz. The headaches continued almost every day. I was on the pill for about a year until I finally switched. I no longer have headaches.

August 2, 2010 3:31 PM

For Birth Control: I would have to say that Yaz has been by far the best birth control pill I've tried. No weight gain no depression, I have tons of energy, I still have my sex drive, and no crazy out of control mood swings. It's worth a try. But no birth control pill is going to work the same for everyone. I recommend NEVER doing the generic brands, they are slightly different which if your sensitive to birth control pills like me, you will notice a difference. Yaz changed my life and made my PMDD a lot better.

July 30, 2010 1:48 PM

For Birth Control: I love this birth control pill. I haven't gained a pound, and my periods are so light and they only last about three days. I went off Yaz for a few months and actually gained weight.

July 27, 2010 11:48 PM

Yaz has by far been the best contraceptive pill for me. I've tried over 10 different pills and its the only one which didn't give me tender breasts and weight gain. It wasn't however strong enough to prevent my lung endometriosis, but can highly recommend it for other reasons. Also great for your complexion.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2010 11:14 PM

For Birth Control: I have only been on Yaz for 1 week now, though I already feel like it has done wonders. I suffer very bad with PMS, so bad that I can make life changing decisions within a week of getting my period as well as hating life, not dealing with every day duties and having zero motivation. I am always active generally a happy, positive person though I found as I get older the worse my symptoms get. I have tried Nuvaring and Implanon both with bad side effects. With Yaz I feel a calmness and feel I'm in control. I'm happy again and wake up motivated, so far the only side effect has been a little breast tenderness and nausea. I'm sure this will pass. I agree each pill is different and for different women, I would definitely recommend!

July 25, 2010 8:50 AM

For Menstrual Disorders: Yaz completely changed my life for good. I've suffered from PMDD for many years; to the point that I felt had no life because of mood swings, cramps, migraines, bloating and terrible anxiety. I've been taking Yaz for a month now and I just experienced my first period on it, 3 light days vs. 7 days (2 extremely heavy days). I have mild cramps still. I really love Yaz, it also has improved my sex drive!

July 6, 2010 5:28 PM

Review by Micks:

For Menstrual Disorders: At one point during the 5 months that I was taking these pills, I came across tightness of my chest which gave me difficulty breathing and I felt as though I was suffocating. I never had acne, once I quit the pills, I suffered, and am still suffering, from severe acne. I refuse to go back on the pill, but I also don't know what to do about this acne problem now. I stopped taking the pills in January and have had bad acne since. No problems breathing, though.

July 2, 2010 10:39 PM

Review by ThanksYaz:

For Acne: I just started taking Yaz 3 weeks ago. My acne was awful. It was everywhere and I scar really bad if I pick my pimples or not. I was at the end of my rope. I was so tired of having to wear make-up in the mornings when I don't really like to wear it at all. Now, just in 3 weeks time, my acne has dried up completely. All I can do is thank the makers of this product. I woke up this morning and there was only 2 small pimples on my face. I was truly amazed because I had struggled with acne for the past 3 years. The only side effect for me is upset stomach, but that's nothing compared to the nightmare I was living. Thanks Yaz!

July 2, 2010 7:16 AM

For Acne: Before I started Yaz, I did a great deal of research. I've had so many issues with hormonal birth control. I wanted to go on Yaz for a number of reasons: First and foremost being hormonal acne. I am into the second pill pack and I have noticed favorable results. This is certainly not a miracle cure, but I have started to notice fewer hormonal breakouts, and my skin is more even and healthy looking. I also attribute this to variations in diet and exercise, which I think is essential to all good skin care. As most of the reviews say, just stick with it. The only negative side effect I've noticed thus far, is fatigue, but that is starting to diminish. Good luck!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2010 5:14 AM

For Acne: I was on Yaz for about a year. It cleared up my severe acne almost instantaneously (though I actually broke-out severely in the very beginning). I also noticed a decreased growth of facial/body hair. My periods were also much shorter and I had much lighter flows. The only negative side effect that I noticed was slight weight gain. I have been off the pill for a few months now, because my insurance no longer covers it at all.

June 18, 2010 12:07 AM