User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 24 reviews 72 medications

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 269 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control: I suffered from severe headaches about two days after I started Yaz. The headaches continued almost every day. I was on the pill for about a year until I finally switched. I no longer have headaches.

August 2, 2010 3:31 PM

For Birth Control: I would have to say that Yaz has been by far the best birth control pill I've tried. No weight gain no depression, I have tons of energy, I still have my sex drive, and no crazy out of control mood swings. It's worth a try. But no birth control pill is going to work the same for everyone. I recommend NEVER doing the generic brands, they are slightly different which if your sensitive to birth control pills like me, you will notice a difference. Yaz changed my life and made my PMDD a lot better.

July 30, 2010 1:48 PM

For Birth Control: I love this birth control pill. I haven't gained a pound, and my periods are so light and they only last about three days. I went off Yaz for a few months and actually gained weight.

July 27, 2010 11:48 PM

Yaz has by far been the best contraceptive pill for me. I've tried over 10 different pills and its the only one which didn't give me tender breasts and weight gain. It wasn't however strong enough to prevent my lung endometriosis, but can highly recommend it for other reasons. Also great for your complexion.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2010 11:14 PM

For Birth Control: I have only been on Yaz for 1 week now, though I already feel like it has done wonders. I suffer very bad with PMS, so bad that I can make life changing decisions within a week of getting my period as well as hating life, not dealing with every day duties and having zero motivation. I am always active generally a happy, positive person though I found as I get older the worse my symptoms get. I have tried Nuvaring and Implanon both with bad side effects. With Yaz I feel a calmness and feel I'm in control. I'm happy again and wake up motivated, so far the only side effect has been a little breast tenderness and nausea. I'm sure this will pass. I agree each pill is different and for different women, I would definitely recommend!

July 25, 2010 8:50 AM

For Menstrual Disorders: Yaz completely changed my life for good. I've suffered from PMDD for many years; to the point that I felt had no life because of mood swings, cramps, migraines, bloating and terrible anxiety. I've been taking Yaz for a month now and I just experienced my first period on it, 3 light days vs. 7 days (2 extremely heavy days). I have mild cramps still. I really love Yaz, it also has improved my sex drive!

July 6, 2010 5:28 PM

Review by Micks:

For Menstrual Disorders: At one point during the 5 months that I was taking these pills, I came across tightness of my chest which gave me difficulty breathing and I felt as though I was suffocating. I never had acne, once I quit the pills, I suffered, and am still suffering, from severe acne. I refuse to go back on the pill, but I also don't know what to do about this acne problem now. I stopped taking the pills in January and have had bad acne since. No problems breathing, though.

July 2, 2010 10:39 PM

Review by ThanksYaz:

For Acne: I just started taking Yaz 3 weeks ago. My acne was awful. It was everywhere and I scar really bad if I pick my pimples or not. I was at the end of my rope. I was so tired of having to wear make-up in the mornings when I don't really like to wear it at all. Now, just in 3 weeks time, my acne has dried up completely. All I can do is thank the makers of this product. I woke up this morning and there was only 2 small pimples on my face. I was truly amazed because I had struggled with acne for the past 3 years. The only side effect for me is upset stomach, but that's nothing compared to the nightmare I was living. Thanks Yaz!

July 2, 2010 7:16 AM

For Acne: Before I started Yaz, I did a great deal of research. I've had so many issues with hormonal birth control. I wanted to go on Yaz for a number of reasons: First and foremost being hormonal acne. I am into the second pill pack and I have noticed favorable results. This is certainly not a miracle cure, but I have started to notice fewer hormonal breakouts, and my skin is more even and healthy looking. I also attribute this to variations in diet and exercise, which I think is essential to all good skin care. As most of the reviews say, just stick with it. The only negative side effect I've noticed thus far, is fatigue, but that is starting to diminish. Good luck!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2010 5:14 AM

For Acne: I was on Yaz for about a year. It cleared up my severe acne almost instantaneously (though I actually broke-out severely in the very beginning). I also noticed a decreased growth of facial/body hair. My periods were also much shorter and I had much lighter flows. The only negative side effect that I noticed was slight weight gain. I have been off the pill for a few months now, because my insurance no longer covers it at all.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2010 12:07 AM

Review by Gratefulone:

For Acne: Yaz was definitely a God send. I struggled with acne for 10 years until my dermatologist gave me Yaz. I couldn't believe how fast it worked. My skin cleared up in 2 months and my confidence increased. I've been taking Yaz for 2 years now and have absolutely NO side effects. The acne comes a little bit now, but not nearly as much as before. It's so mild, reminds me of taking a multivitamin. I love Yaz and will continue to use it as long as I can.

June 10, 2010 1:29 AM

For Menstrual Disorders: As we know not all birth controls work for all people the same. This being said, for me Yaz was the worst birth control. I experienced frequent bleeding, very decreased sex drive, dryness,and severe migraines. Happy to say after 5 months I have switched off of it. The only good thing was it was very effective if used only for birth control. Wish me luck with the next one.

June 7, 2010 2:44 PM

Review by beebby21:

For Acne: I have tried everything from Proactive to Skin I.D to Murad and nothing has worked for my acne until I got on YAZ. However, don't be discouraged because it does take a couple weeks to months for your body to adjust to the hormones and essentially your skin may worsen. I was on the pill for about a year and literally never had to worry about a breakout. I got off for about 8 months and just started back on it a week ago because my skin started to get really bad again. My face is the worst I've ever seen it right now but I know sticking with it will be worth it. It is so hard dealing with acne and there are nights when I just cry to my mom because I don't even want to show my face in public. But trust me YAZ is worth the wait so stick it out.

June 7, 2010 2:13 PM

Review by cassiel:

I took Yaz for a little over 2 years. From around the age of 16 to 18. I gained a little bit of weight, not much but EXTREMELY hard to lose. Also, I experienced mood swings frequently. Sometimes getting extremely upset and feeling the need to cry. But the reason I stopped taking Yaz was because I started to get EXTREMELY BAD migraines/headaches. These headaches would come VERY frequently. I would say averaging around 2-5 days a week. MIgraines run in my family but funny thing is I never experienced them before the pill. Also, nothing would help these headaches. I took everything from Tylenol to Excedrin Migraine. Nothing helped. Hoped this helped! good luck!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2010 11:55 AM

For Birth Control: I've been on Yaz for 2 1/2 years and I love it! My breast grew a cup size, which was great for me because I was barely a B starting out. Definitely helped with acne and mood swings. I still get the occasional food cravings before my period is about to start but overall I love it. My doctor okayed me to skip the sugar pills in my packs so I only get a period every 6 months or so. Nothing but good things to say.

May 27, 2010 11:19 PM

Review by mjcjm:

For Birth Control: I have been on this for many years. The only side effect I had was dryness. When I went off it my face and neck broke out and I developed an ovarian cyst. I'm back on it.

May 26, 2010 10:34 AM

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for a year and a half, and then decided to switch to LoSeasonique so that I would only have 4 periods a year. Big mistake!! I am switching back to Yaz because of the side effects of LoSeasonique. On Yaz, I always knew when my period would start, and it was only about 3 days. It also helped with my awful cramps. I had no bad side effects from Yaz at all. I would definently reccomend it, but know that every pill has a different effect on each person.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2010 4:56 PM

For Acne: I have been on YAZ for only a week now and my skin is really clearing up! This is after trying antibiotics and topicals for a year with little to no help. Made me a little moody and tearful and tired the first couple of days but it seems my body has already gotten used to it. Haven't been bloated or anything. If you are breaking out around your chin/jawline/neckline area it is probably hormonal and you should try YAZ

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2010 4:29 PM

Review by AshleyMichelle:

For Birth Control: Yaz gave me immediate bloating, gas from the day I started taking it. In addition, I had severe headaches and fatigue. My breasts grew a cup size which was bad to me because they hurt all the time and my boobs aren't small to begin with. I wanted to sleep all the time and was ready to be in bed by 7pm every night. It made me lose my desire to exercise. On a positive note, it made me feel a lot less anxious than Loestrin 24 FE did. However, the cons outweighed the pros for me and I started Loestrin 24 FE after and like it much better.

May 10, 2010 9:16 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for a year trying to let my body get used to it. It made me depressed and made my PMS even worse accompanied with headaches. It made my period irregular (twice a month and heavy). It did help my acne, I'll give it credit for that but on it I gained about 20 pounds and it's been really hard to take that weight off.

May 10, 2010 10:52 AM

I was on Yaz for about 2 years. I started it after I had my son. It was wonderful for a while, but recently I started getting anxiety attacks. It was horrible. My doctor put me on Paxil for the anxiety. I realized that while I was taking both medicines, I felt extremely depressed. I wasn't sure if it was the Paxil or the Yaz, but I was late starting my new pack this last month, and I noticed I felt amazing. So I decided that it was the Yaz interacting with the Paxil. I made the decision to stop Yaz and continue with Paxil because as anyone with anxiety attacks knows, they are unbearable. I would still recommend Yaz, as long as you aren't taking anything else that would affect your mood/hormones.

May 5, 2010 8:36 PM

For Birth Control: I've tried just about every birth control in the book. Depo was by far the worst with over 15lbs weight gain in a year, horrible acne and leg cramps. Loestrin24 wasn't far behind with chronic exhaustion, zero sex drive and depression. Ortho wasn't bad, but I did experience weight gain (about 5lbs in a year). Yaz is by far my favorite, and I can say that both before having my first child and after. Yaz stabilized my pre-menstrual mood swings. I think it actually increased by sex drive post pregnancy. I've had no weight issues and no acne problems. I think all the commercials about Yaz's side effect are bogus - every birth control is going to show correlations with some disease or another. I'd recommend Yaz in a heartbeat.

April 28, 2010 1:20 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for almost 3 years. It was great for the first 2 3/4 years! I felt like it helped with my moods and cramps before my period and just worked great overall. A few months ago though, I started having PMS for 2 weeks straight and month by month after it the PMS creeped up into the entire month! I would cry for absolutely no reason or from the smallest thing, be very irritable and angry over little things, depressed, nightmares, hungry all the time, extremely tired all the time- coffee did nothing, weight gain etc. Went off it about 5 days ago and feel so much better!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2010 7:24 PM

Review by jlg82:

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for about 2 years and I loved it, never had a problem with it. Well when all the commercials came out about all the horrible side effects I panicked and my doctor switched me to Losestrin 24 FE....WORST decision I ever made. I'm happy to say I called my doctor today and apparently the FDA released a new statement saying Yaz is as safe as all other oral contraceptives, so I'm going back on Yaz next month. I never had any weight gain, or horrible mood swings and cramps were reduced drastically. I'm so happy to be going back to Yaz.

April 20, 2010 11:54 AM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was given Yaz because of my PMDD and misplaced ovaries that made ovulation exceptionally painful. My friend and her mother were instantly concerned because of my friend's bad experience with Yaz. She had migraines, anxiety and gained a lot of weight on it. I fared much better than my friend. My acne didn't go away, but it's not AS bad. My ovaries aren't hurting nearly as much, I don't have anymore cramps, my mood swings are much more manageable, and my periods aren't all over the map anymore (the doctor actually laughed when I showed him the calendar I used to track it!) I have gained weight on Yaz. I'm going to guess I've gained about 1/2 a pound, and that is in my boobs. I am finally out of an A cup and I am thrilled about it!

April 17, 2010 12:11 AM