User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 28 reviews 72 medications

6.6
Summary of Yaz reviews 318 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Yaz

For Menstrual Disorders "I had the worst experience on Yaz! I did not gain a pound the entire time I was on the pill, but I had other horrible side effects. I would "spot" all month long a very thick, black discharge. This discharge literally ruined my sex life. I was too nervous to have sex, and on the occasion I did have sex and my boyfriend noticed the black discharge, he no longer could perform either. Also, my periods lasted on average 10 days and was very heavy all 10 days. "

Anonymous September 14, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for a year and a half. Before I was ever on birth control I was very calm and a very easy going person. Ever since I went on Yaz I've been overly moody and angry all the time. I've lost my interest in doing anything new and now my husband and I fight all the time. I also bleed irregularly and have constant random spotting. On top of that I developed gallstones and had to have my gall bladder removed. The only good thing that Yaz has done for me is prevent pregnancy. The only reason I haven't changed to a different birth control is because I have been overseas until a few weeks ago and the birth control I want was not available there. I have an appointment to change birth control this week."

armywife10 September 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I took Yaz after I had my son. I was on it for 2 years and had no problems. I stop taking it so I could get pregnant. After my daughter was born I decided to go back on Yaz since I had no problems before. I just recently started the pills, I am starting the 3rd week and I have had breakthrough bleeding for 1 and 1/2 weeks straight now. I am so feed up with it. The whole reason I go back on the pills was to keep my bleeding regulated. So, I am thinking about switching to Loestrin24 Fe. I am going to give Yaz until the end of the pack and if the breakthrough bleeding doesn't stop then I am switching."

Anonymous September 7, 2011

For Acne "If you have a teenage daughter with acne, this is the answer. It was amazing. My daughter went from having inflamed acne all over her forehead to perfectly clear skin. It worked gradually and she does not take the placebo. Acne was gone in a few months. She also feels perfectly fine otherwise."

Anonymous September 7, 2011

For Birth Control "I used Yaz for about a year and it was obviously effective for preventing pregnancy and it did clear up my skin but for me there were a few negative side effects. It took a while for me to realize it was the Yaz causing the problems. I suddenly had very brittle dry hair that would break off and it just didn't seem to grow very much. My cuticles became very dry which caused my nails to become more apt to breakage. My eyes were very dry and I had to use eye drops several times a day. I have been off of Yaz for about 3 weeks and already my hair is so much healthier and seems to be growing back in and my nails have not broken in a few weeks. I have gone from using eye drops a few times a day to a few times a week. The down side of being off of Yaz is my skin has broken out more but I can deal with that better than all the other symptoms."

Anonymous August 22, 2011

For Birth Control "I took Yaz for 4 years and loved it up until about 6 months ago. Recently my breasts have been swollen and tender, I get headaches during my period and feel anxious."

Anonymous August 9, 2011

For Birth Control "I've used Yaz for 4 years now and I am switching because of the price but out of the 4 years Yaz was excellent. I never had weight gain, it helped with my acne and period were about 3 days long with lighter cramping than before I was on it. I would continue to use it if the price wasn't $89. So I love it and recommend it."

mgysueee August 3, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on and off birth control for about 10 years. I've tried Mirena, Loestrin 24, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. I always had a little nausea, but Yaz was the first pill to make me vomit. I've been the same size for 10 years but while on Yaz I gained about 15 pounds and went up two cup sizes! I do have loss of appetite but I'm hungry all the time. What I mean is I don't want to eat but the hunger is so intense that I have to. My period was also never ending. But that may be due to me missing a few pills this month."

Anonymous July 25, 2011

For Birth Control "I have taken Yaz for 3 months now and it has not only given me bad break outs but it has made my period very irregular which has never been a problem for me. It varies from a week early to a week late. "

Anonymous July 21, 2011

For Acne "Before I started taking birth control I have light-moderate acne. I originally started taking Alesse for contraceptive reasons, took that for 4 months, and it made my breakouts constant. I switched to Yaz, and within a week my acne was virtually gone. Towards the end of the month, around my period, the acne came back, but after the first week of the second pack, my acne was almost gone, and its been another full month and I only ever have an occasional break-out (usually a single pimple) that clears up in about a day or two."

Anonymous July 19, 2011

For Menstrual Disorders "My doctor recommended Yaz to me because of my PMS, cramps, and extremely irregular cycles. (I've been checked for lumps. There were none). For me, it is working okay as I only took 2 Midols this cycle! The side effects I have are increased sex drive, slightly bigger breasts, increased appetite, and dryness in my eyes. As a student, I find the pills a little bit too pricey, but overall I would recommend it. Except the dryness in my eyes are bad at night (contact wear-er)."

cc_cc July 10, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been taking YAZ since 2009 and I really love it. It is wonderful. I feel great and the only problem I have is a light headache when I'm taking the white pills (last 4). But I really recommend this pill for birth control."

VeroStar July 6, 2011

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I had horrible PMDD that lasted 2 weeks every month that translates into half of my life. During PMDD I suffered from depression, fatigue, mood swings. I was a completely different person. It interfered with my work and I was calling in sick at least every other month. I am convinced my boss thought I was faking illness because of the frequency of calling in sick and I never "sounded" sick. Anyways, thanks to Yaz my life has changed so much for the better. Sometimes I will have a little PMS mood swing but nothing like before. My energy and moods stays consistent through the month now. It is wonderful to feel back in control of my emotions. Thanks Yaz."

Anonymous June 24, 2011

For Menstrual Disorders "Before I started using Yaz I was very scared because of all the bad things people had said. After finishing my first pack of Yaz and I noticed a lot of spotting and some odd bleeding now and then. I am 16 years old and had been switching pills for a while now because none of them seemed to suit me. I use Yaz for period pains ONLY and have noticed a huge improvement in my cramps, there still is some mild cramps but not near as bad as they were before. Already my breasts have gotten bigger which I don't really mind because I was near the smallest bra size you can get. My mood is completely fine. My skin has never been Acne prone but it hasn't broke out at all. I haven't noticed any side effects. I love this pill."

JennaRub June 7, 2011

"This was the first birth control I was ever on, and I loved that it cleared up my skin. I've been off of it for a year now, and all of my acne has returned, and my mood swings are back in full force. I am going to start it again soon. My only complaint is I never had cramps before this pill, and it gave me minor cramps, nothing completely unbearable. I also had a major loss in sex drive, but overall, a good experience that I would recommend to others."

Anonymous June 3, 2011

For Birth Control "I just ended my second month on Yaz and won't be starting a third. While I experienced less mood swings and PMS symptoms than I had on Jolessa, my acne continued and even got worse and I recently had a panic attack - something I have never ever experienced before. What made no sense was that I was dealing with an extremely small amount of stress, so I knew it wasn't me. Overall while I was on it I felt more emotional than usual and a lot of fatigue. I can't wait to return to normal after it's out of my system. I gave it a 4 because I didn't get pregnant."

Marie0511 May 31, 2011

For Birth Control "I have absolutely loved being on Yaz! I have taken every kind of birth control you can think of, and had terrible side effects. I have tried at least 5 different kinds of pills, the shot, an IUD. ( I'm also allergic to latex so yay for me). All gave me terrible mood swings, weight gain, and acne. Although, gaining weight when you only weigh 103 pounds shouldn't be an issue. It still bothered me enough to make me stop taking other things. With Yaz I had none of these side effects and felt better than before. "

That one girl May 8, 2011

"My first choice for contraception was the Depo shot. It gave me mood swings, heavy and prolonged periods (for 2 weeks). Doctor put me on Yaz. Skin is so so clear, regulated my WHOLE body -Yaz is definitely the way to go. I'd recommend it to ANYONE."

Anonymous April 25, 2011

For Birth Control "I was on Ortho Tri-cylcen Lo for a few years. I decided to change it up and try Yaz and this made me insane. I had horrible mood swings, I was depressed, I didn't have any interest in my job or friends, and I just wanted to die. My boyfriend made me switch back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and I was back to normal. It was an awful experience, and its disturbing how something can change you so drastically. I know other people who are perfectly fine on Yaz, but it did not agree with me at all. I think it was just too much hormones for me. Every body is different."

Anonymous April 13, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz for 3 years now, I haven't had much side effects, I've had spotting on the odd time but other then that this is a very effective birth control. Everyone reacts differently to birth control though you just have to find the one that fits you. "

Anonymous April 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for about three years. The first two years, I took the pill for moderate acne. It worked great for my skin (which I cleanse religiously with Dermalogica now...if anyone wants a good skin care wash, that's it) and it did not seem to affect my weight. I'm on the thin side for my tall frame, so a little weight would have been welcome. This last year is when I actually started using the pill as a form of contraception. It has worked very well for me, as in I'm not pregnant, but I have breakthrough bleeding constantly. My doctor decided to switch my birth control. It is a great pill with minor side effects (headaches, spotting, breakthrough, acne flare-ups between packs). The Pill works differently for everyone."

Anonymous April 1, 2011

For Acne "I have been on Yaz for 6 weeks. I know that isn't very long to make a judgment about it's effects on acne so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Though it really has not helped my acne at all, I cannot conclude that in the next month or two it wouldn't help then either. My issue is that the side effects are really discouraging. I have been so tired almost everyday and my energy is low. I'm a fitness fanatic but my workouts haven't been as good because I'm so tired. I've also been more depressed and my appetite has most definitely increased. I have had some mild nausea. I noticed an increase in gas and bloating. My breasts have also been extremely tender and swollen."

Liv07 March 25, 2011

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I would be absolutely useless during my period and the pain from my "episodes", as we have come to call them, would be so bad that I would actually go into shock. I took Yaz for a little over a year and LOVED IT. My periods were nearly pain-free, my skin looked AMAZING (even though it wasn't horrible before), and I had no definite side effects. I went from needing 2 Acetaminophen and 4 Ibuprofen every four hours or a Hydrocodone (for the pain) to needing nothing! The pain had gone from unbearable to a mild discomfort. I had no change in weight, and my moods were much more stable. My only side effect was mild "rocky" stomach the first few days after initially starting the pill. It worked great for me."

Anonymous March 23, 2011

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been taking Yaz for 4 years, due to irregular cycle related to ovarian cysts. I am pleased that my periods are shorter and there is absolutely no cramping. It has helped alleviate hormonal migraines and my skin has never been more clear. Prior to birth control, my cycle was completely irregular, such as skipping months altogether, and it was frustrating being so unpredictable. Now, I know exactly when my period is coming. The only negatives: I did gain a little weight and it is expensive since I don't have insurance."

Anonymous March 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I originally got on the pill to treat acne and went through two other types of birth control pills before changing to Yaz. With both of the other pills I had constant breakthrough bleeding throughout the month. I stopped taking the first pill after a month then tried Seasonale. My doctor told me to stay on it for a while and see if the bleeding went away so I took it for a year, but was still having problems. I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to take any birth control pills when I decided to try Yaz. Yaz cleared up my acne, stopped my cramps, and made my period much shorter and much lighter. Overall, taking Yaz was a wonderful experience for me. I stopped taking it about two years ago but re-started today and I'm looking forward to the benefits"

Anonymous March 9, 2011