User Reviews for Yaz

Birth Control 171 reviews 249 medications

6.8
Summary of Yaz reviews 303 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I just ended my second month on Yaz and won't be starting a third. While I experienced less mood swings and PMS symptoms than I had on Jolessa, my acne continued and even got worse and I recently had a panic attack - something I have never ever experienced before. What made no sense was that I was dealing with an extremely small amount of stress, so I knew it wasn't me. Overall while I was on it I felt more emotional than usual and a lot of fatigue. I can't wait to return to normal after it's out of my system. I gave it a 4 because I didn't get pregnant."

Marie0511 May 31, 2011

For Birth Control "I have absolutely loved being on Yaz! I have taken every kind of birth control you can think of, and had terrible side effects. I have tried at least 5 different kinds of pills, the shot, an IUD. ( I'm also allergic to latex so yay for me). All gave me terrible mood swings, weight gain, and acne. Although, gaining weight when you only weigh 103 pounds shouldn't be an issue. It still bothered me enough to make me stop taking other things. With Yaz I had none of these side effects and felt better than before. "

That one girl May 8, 2011

"My first choice for contraception was the Depo shot. It gave me mood swings, heavy and prolonged periods (for 2 weeks). Doctor put me on Yaz. Skin is so so clear, regulated my WHOLE body -Yaz is definitely the way to go. I'd recommend it to ANYONE."

Anonymous April 25, 2011

For Birth Control "I was on Ortho Tri-cylcen Lo for a few years. I decided to change it up and try Yaz and this made me insane. I had horrible mood swings, I was depressed, I didn't have any interest in my job or friends, and I just wanted to die. My boyfriend made me switch back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and I was back to normal. It was an awful experience, and its disturbing how something can change you so drastically. I know other people who are perfectly fine on Yaz, but it did not agree with me at all. I think it was just too much hormones for me. Every body is different."

Anonymous April 13, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz for 3 years now, I haven't had much side effects, I've had spotting on the odd time but other then that this is a very effective birth control. Everyone reacts differently to birth control though you just have to find the one that fits you. "

Anonymous April 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for about three years. The first two years, I took the pill for moderate acne. It worked great for my skin (which I cleanse religiously with Dermalogica now...if anyone wants a good skin care wash, that's it) and it did not seem to affect my weight. I'm on the thin side for my tall frame, so a little weight would have been welcome. This last year is when I actually started using the pill as a form of contraception. It has worked very well for me, as in I'm not pregnant, but I have breakthrough bleeding constantly. My doctor decided to switch my birth control. It is a great pill with minor side effects (headaches, spotting, breakthrough, acne flare-ups between packs). The Pill works differently for everyone."

Anonymous April 1, 2011

For Acne "I have been on Yaz for 6 weeks. I know that isn't very long to make a judgment about it's effects on acne so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Though it really has not helped my acne at all, I cannot conclude that in the next month or two it wouldn't help then either. My issue is that the side effects are really discouraging. I have been so tired almost everyday and my energy is low. I'm a fitness fanatic but my workouts haven't been as good because I'm so tired. I've also been more depressed and my appetite has most definitely increased. I have had some mild nausea. I noticed an increase in gas and bloating. My breasts have also been extremely tender and swollen."

Liv07 March 25, 2011

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I would be absolutely useless during my period and the pain from my "episodes", as we have come to call them, would be so bad that I would actually go into shock. I took Yaz for a little over a year and LOVED IT. My periods were nearly pain-free, my skin looked AMAZING (even though it wasn't horrible before), and I had no definite side effects. I went from needing 2 Acetaminophen and 4 Ibuprofen every four hours or a Hydrocodone (for the pain) to needing nothing! The pain had gone from unbearable to a mild discomfort. I had no change in weight, and my moods were much more stable. My only side effect was mild "rocky" stomach the first few days after initially starting the pill. It worked great for me."

Anonymous March 23, 2011

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been taking Yaz for 4 years, due to irregular cycle related to ovarian cysts. I am pleased that my periods are shorter and there is absolutely no cramping. It has helped alleviate hormonal migraines and my skin has never been more clear. Prior to birth control, my cycle was completely irregular, such as skipping months altogether, and it was frustrating being so unpredictable. Now, I know exactly when my period is coming. The only negatives: I did gain a little weight and it is expensive since I don't have insurance."

Anonymous March 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I originally got on the pill to treat acne and went through two other types of birth control pills before changing to Yaz. With both of the other pills I had constant breakthrough bleeding throughout the month. I stopped taking the first pill after a month then tried Seasonale. My doctor told me to stay on it for a while and see if the bleeding went away so I took it for a year, but was still having problems. I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to take any birth control pills when I decided to try Yaz. Yaz cleared up my acne, stopped my cramps, and made my period much shorter and much lighter. Overall, taking Yaz was a wonderful experience for me. I stopped taking it about two years ago but re-started today and I'm looking forward to the benefits"

Anonymous March 9, 2011

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I tried Yaz for over a year for PMDD; it did not relieve my symptoms and may have induced migraines. It kept periods short and my skin clear though. "

Anonymous February 25, 2011

For Birth Control "Since I work at an OB-GYN office, I'm somewhat of a birth control connoisseur. I was on Yaz for a year before switching over to Beyaz with folate. In the entire time I've been taking these pills, I've only had 3 periods even though I take the placebo pills. Also, I haven't experienced a single one of the bad side effects like I've had with other pills. No weight gain, no tenderness, no periods, no crazy anger, and my sex drive has improved 100% since I was on Nuvaring before. I rate Yaz an A plus!"

Anonymous February 4, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz a year now and love it. I'll be honest, my first 2 months were difficult. Spotting, painful breasts, depression, exhaustion. But now I'm so glad I allowed time for my body to adjust. No mood swings or depression, my sex drive has increased, my skin looks great and my periods are highly predictable. I will always get it on a Tuesday night and lasts only 2-3 days with light spotting and very little cramping. I've also dropped a good 15lbs! My doctor said it's rare, but possible, to bleed every month and still be pregnant while on the pill. So I do take a pregnancy test every few months to be on the safe side since I rely on the pill as my only form of contraception and my periods are so light. For me that's the only drawback."

Christina M January 30, 2011

For Menstrual Disorders "Yaz has been the greatest medicine ever. A few years ago before I went on the pill, I would get terribly sick. I went through crazy tests, MRIs, then finally my mom recommended to go to the gynecologist. She put me on Yaz and ever since then my periods are so light and only one day, I have no acne whatsoever, no mood swings, barely any cramps and I no longer get extremely sick. I love Yaz and will never take anything else."

Anonymous January 27, 2011

For Birth Control "I tried taking the Depo shot and I was on my period for 6 months straight. I told my doctor who suggested Yaz. I have been taking it for 4 years and here are the things I have noticed after a long term use. Tiredness, Spotting, Weight gain (went from 105 to 127) but then again that's not as bad as it could be. I have stayed active taking kick boxing and running. Appetite Increase- since taking it I have felt like I should eat and eat and eat. "

Spedini January 25, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on YAZ for about 2 years now. It was my first birth control. About 9 months in I did have some spotting for about 3 months but it was also during a stressful time of my life. Other than that I haven't had any bad experiences. Because of a thyroid condition I have my period wasn't regular. Now since taking YAZ I have my period down to the hour it starts. Curious to see what is so new about Beyaz other than the folic acid."

Anonymous January 21, 2011

For Birth Control "I was put on Yaz for my choice of birth control and mood swings. I seriously loved it. I felt great, lost a ton of weight, and my skin was perfect. First time in years. About 7 months in to taking the pills, I ended up very very sick in the hospital. My gallbladder ended up shutting down. All the bile was backed up, and I was taken into surgery very quickly after. Now I am off of Yaz. My doctor switched the pill and put me on Wellbutrin. While my skin is not clear anymore, I am feeling much better."

Anonymous January 20, 2011

For Birth Control "I used Yaz for one week increments for fertility treatments and was fine. Then I decided to go on it for good(30's). I was on it for two weeks. I stopped taking the medicine because it made me crazy. I said very hurtful things and actions. I think if I continued I might have ended up in jail. My poor husband. I have never been abusive to anyone like that. I still feel guilty."

Yaz psycho January 19, 2011

For Acne "I used Yaz for only three months as advised by my ob-gyn in order to cure my Polycystic ovaries. I haven't noticed occurrence of acne for three months. I can certainly recommend Yaz, however, it's still best to consult your ob-gyn about this pill."

Anonymous January 4, 2011

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Helped my PMDD a lot. Only side effects were weight gain and a loss of sex drive."

Anonymous December 16, 2010

For Birth Control "I was accidentally put on Yaz when I was supposed to be on Yasmin back in July 2008. I just decided to stick it out and see if there was a difference. The 10 microgram difference in dosage made a HUGE difference. (Yasmin 30 microgram, Yaz 20 microgram) From July 2008 to January 2009, (the time I was on Yaz) it was completely miserable. I had constant nausea, would feel sick eating anything with lactose, had mood swings that almost cost me my relationship, unbearable headaches and at times I had sharp shooting back pain. I felt completely unmotivated and it had a negative effect on my school life. Once I switched back to the 30 microgram dosage, (Ocella) the side effects decreased dramatically."

Anonymous December 8, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for 2 months. My acne got worse, and I had terrible breast tenderness, to the point where I couldn't wear a bra or sleep on my side or stomach. I switched to Loestrin Fe which is working wonderfully."

Anonymous December 2, 2010

For Acne "I originally started taking Yaz for birth control, but instantly noticed that my face cleared up. Yaz works wonders for acne, and I highly recommend it. However, it made my emotions go crazy. I became very anxious. I was on it for a year and then decided to get off of it. My anxiety decreased but acne slowly came back. Now I am going to try it again for acne and hope that I can cope with the anxiety from it. I'm out of school now so I'm hoping this makes it easier to cope with the side effects. Also, I did not gain any weight, and my boobs grew a full size. It's a myth that birth control causes weight gain, it only causes increase in appetite or causes you to crave a certain food (i.e. sugar) which in turn causes you to gain weight"

aimeek October 26, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for a year. I have to say overall I loved it. I didn't really have any mood swings that were out of the ordinary for me, no spotting or weight gain, no problems at all really. Except, shortly before I got off it and switched, I got a blood clot in my right arm. It was very painful. I am a smoker and knew the risk, but I loved Yaz so much that I was willing to stay on it. I switched at the request of my husband. For whatever reason the blood clot did not scare me, and it went away on its own. But I am yet again switching my pill because what I was switched to after Yaz is just not cutting it."

Imabunny October 19, 2010

For Birth Control "I'm switching back to YAZ after trying another least expensive birth control. I would rather pay $60 a month for YAZ than to be on all the other pills that made me extremely moody, anxious and nauseous. With YAZ, I didn't feel like I was on birth control. I felt like my normal self, with my normal sex drive, normal weight but without the monster cramps, severe acne and moodiness before my period, and the long 8 day cycle. I would recommend it to anyone who has tried a lot of different pills that had too many bad side effects."

Anonymous October 13, 2010