Pill Identifier App

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 297 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Yaz

Review by Liv07:

For Acne: I have been on Yaz for 6 weeks. I know that isn't very long to make a judgment about it's effects on acne so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Though it really has not helped my acne at all, I cannot conclude that in the next month or two it wouldn't help then either. My issue is that the side effects are really discouraging. I have been so tired almost everyday and my energy is low. I'm a fitness fanatic but my workouts haven't been as good because I'm so tired. I've also been more depressed and my appetite has most definitely increased. I have had some mild nausea. I noticed an increase in gas and bloating. My breasts have also been extremely tender and swollen.

March 25, 2011 5:23 PM

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I would be absolutely useless during my period and the pain from my "episodes", as we have come to call them, would be so bad that I would actually go into shock. I took Yaz for a little over a year and LOVED IT. My periods were nearly pain-free, my skin looked AMAZING (even though it wasn't horrible before), and I had no definite side effects. I went from needing 2 Acetaminophen and 4 Ibuprofen every four hours or a Hydrocodone (for the pain) to needing nothing! The pain had gone from unbearable to a mild discomfort. I had no change in weight, and my moods were much more stable. My only side effect was mild "rocky" stomach the first few days after initially starting the pill. It worked great for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2011 1:46 AM

For Menstrual Disorders: I have been taking Yaz for 4 years, due to irregular cycle related to ovarian cysts. I am pleased that my periods are shorter and there is absolutely no cramping. It has helped alleviate hormonal migraines and my skin has never been more clear. Prior to birth control, my cycle was completely irregular, such as skipping months altogether, and it was frustrating being so unpredictable. Now, I know exactly when my period is coming. The only negatives: I did gain a little weight and it is expensive since I don't have insurance.

March 12, 2011 11:43 AM

For Birth Control: I originally got on the pill to treat acne and went through two other types of birth control pills before changing to Yaz. With both of the other pills I had constant breakthrough bleeding throughout the month. I stopped taking the first pill after a month then tried Seasonale. My doctor told me to stay on it for a while and see if the bleeding went away so I took it for a year, but was still having problems. I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to take any birth control pills when I decided to try Yaz. Yaz cleared up my acne, stopped my cramps, and made my period much shorter and much lighter. Overall, taking Yaz was a wonderful experience for me. I stopped taking it about two years ago but re-started today and I'm looking forward to the benefits

March 9, 2011 1:49 PM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I tried Yaz for over a year for PMDD; it did not relieve my symptoms and may have induced migraines. It kept periods short and my skin clear though.

February 25, 2011 4:25 AM

For Birth Control: Since I work at an OB-GYN office, I'm somewhat of a birth control connoisseur. I was on Yaz for a year before switching over to Beyaz with folate. In the entire time I've been taking these pills, I've only had 3 periods even though I take the placebo pills. Also, I haven't experienced a single one of the bad side effects like I've had with other pills. No weight gain, no tenderness, no periods, no crazy anger, and my sex drive has improved 100% since I was on Nuvaring before. I rate Yaz an A plus!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2011 8:42 PM

Review by Christina M:

For Birth Control: I've been on Yaz a year now and love it. I'll be honest, my first 2 months were difficult. Spotting, painful breasts, depression, exhaustion. But now I'm so glad I allowed time for my body to adjust. No mood swings or depression, my sex drive has increased, my skin looks great and my periods are highly predictable. I will always get it on a Tuesday night and lasts only 2-3 days with light spotting and very little cramping. I've also dropped a good 15lbs! My doctor said it's rare, but possible, to bleed every month and still be pregnant while on the pill. So I do take a pregnancy test every few months to be on the safe side since I rely on the pill as my only form of contraception and my periods are so light. For me that's the only drawback.

January 30, 2011 8:17 PM

For Menstrual Disorders: Yaz has been the greatest medicine ever. A few years ago before I went on the pill, I would get terribly sick. I went through crazy tests, MRIs, then finally my mom recommended to go to the gynecologist. She put me on Yaz and ever since then my periods are so light and only one day, I have no acne whatsoever, no mood swings, barely any cramps and I no longer get extremely sick. I love Yaz and will never take anything else.

January 27, 2011 12:16 PM

Review by Spedini:

For Birth Control: I tried taking the Depo shot and I was on my period for 6 months straight. I told my doctor who suggested Yaz. I have been taking it for 4 years and here are the things I have noticed after a long term use. Tiredness, Spotting, Weight gain (went from 105 to 127) but then again that's not as bad as it could be. I have stayed active taking kick boxing and running. Appetite Increase- since taking it I have felt like I should eat and eat and eat.

January 25, 2011 5:15 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on YAZ for about 2 years now. It was my first birth control. About 9 months in I did have some spotting for about 3 months but it was also during a stressful time of my life. Other than that I haven't had any bad experiences. Because of a thyroid condition I have my period wasn't regular. Now since taking YAZ I have my period down to the hour it starts. Curious to see what is so new about Beyaz other than the folic acid.

January 21, 2011 11:31 PM

For Birth Control: I was put on Yaz for my choice of birth control and mood swings. I seriously loved it. I felt great, lost a ton of weight, and my skin was perfect. First time in years. About 7 months in to taking the pills, I ended up very very sick in the hospital. My gallbladder ended up shutting down. All the bile was backed up, and I was taken into surgery very quickly after. Now I am off of Yaz. My doctor switched the pill and put me on Wellbutrin. While my skin is not clear anymore, I am feeling much better.

January 20, 2011 11:54 PM

Review by Yaz psycho:

For Birth Control: I used Yaz for one week increments for fertility treatments and was fine. Then I decided to go on it for good(30's). I was on it for two weeks. I stopped taking the medicine because it made me crazy. I said very hurtful things and actions. I think if I continued I might have ended up in jail. My poor husband. I have never been abusive to anyone like that. I still feel guilty.

January 19, 2011 9:51 PM

For Acne: I used Yaz for only three months as advised by my ob-gyn in order to cure my Polycystic ovaries. I haven't noticed occurrence of acne for three months. I can certainly recommend Yaz, however, it's still best to consult your ob-gyn about this pill.

January 4, 2011 9:45 PM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Helped my PMDD a lot. Only side effects were weight gain and a loss of sex drive.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2010 4:19 PM

For Birth Control: I was accidentally put on Yaz when I was supposed to be on Yasmin back in July 2008. I just decided to stick it out and see if there was a difference. The 10 microgram difference in dosage made a HUGE difference. (Yasmin 30 microgram, Yaz 20 microgram) From July 2008 to January 2009, (the time I was on Yaz) it was completely miserable. I had constant nausea, would feel sick eating anything with lactose, had mood swings that almost cost me my relationship, unbearable headaches and at times I had sharp shooting back pain. I felt completely unmotivated and it had a negative effect on my school life. Once I switched back to the 30 microgram dosage, (Ocella) the side effects decreased dramatically.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2010 1:53 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for 2 months. My acne got worse, and I had terrible breast tenderness, to the point where I couldn't wear a bra or sleep on my side or stomach. I switched to Loestrin Fe which is working wonderfully.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2010 11:54 PM

Review by aimeek:

For Acne: I originally started taking Yaz for birth control, but instantly noticed that my face cleared up. Yaz works wonders for acne, and I highly recommend it. However, it made my emotions go crazy. I became very anxious. I was on it for a year and then decided to get off of it. My anxiety decreased but acne slowly came back. Now I am going to try it again for acne and hope that I can cope with the anxiety from it. I'm out of school now so I'm hoping this makes it easier to cope with the side effects. Also, I did not gain any weight, and my boobs grew a full size. It's a myth that birth control causes weight gain, it only causes increase in appetite or causes you to crave a certain food (i.e. sugar) which in turn causes you to gain weight

October 26, 2010 1:52 PM

Review by Imabunny:

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for a year. I have to say overall I loved it. I didn't really have any mood swings that were out of the ordinary for me, no spotting or weight gain, no problems at all really. Except, shortly before I got off it and switched, I got a blood clot in my right arm. It was very painful. I am a smoker and knew the risk, but I loved Yaz so much that I was willing to stay on it. I switched at the request of my husband. For whatever reason the blood clot did not scare me, and it went away on its own. But I am yet again switching my pill because what I was switched to after Yaz is just not cutting it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2010 8:55 AM

For Birth Control: I'm switching back to YAZ after trying another least expensive birth control. I would rather pay $60 a month for YAZ than to be on all the other pills that made me extremely moody, anxious and nauseous. With YAZ, I didn't feel like I was on birth control. I felt like my normal self, with my normal sex drive, normal weight but without the monster cramps, severe acne and moodiness before my period, and the long 8 day cycle. I would recommend it to anyone who has tried a lot of different pills that had too many bad side effects.

October 13, 2010 1:03 AM

Review by butterflygirl011:

For Acne: I have been using this for about 2 weeks now and so far I like it. I used to be on Loestrin 24 and it made me go INSANE. My poor husband hated being around me for the 2 months I took it. I stopped taking birth control pills after that. Now I am on Yaz and have actually felt good and full of energy but my acne has gotten about 10 times worse than it was starting out. Many have said it gets worse before it gets better so I am sticking with it! Oh and my breasts have already gotten larger. They were large to begin with DD and I am now at DDD. I hope that stops! I honestly do look just like Dolly all boobs.

October 11, 2010 8:43 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz for four years. It is the only birth control I have ever been on because my doctor recommended it the first time I saw him, and I have never had any problem with it.

September 19, 2010 9:01 PM

Review by ksfsjkfhasds:

For Acne: I have been on Yaz for a year. I was prescribed Yaz by my dermatologist. I have lots of clogged pores, very oily skin, and would get big zits on my chin that were not only ugly but painful. Yaz helped with the painful chin acne but not completely. It also helped my oiliness go down but not enough. I am on Accutane now and cannot wait to stop taking Yaz. My period is still heavy, I think it helped with PMS. I spot on this a lot. I also skipped the white pills this month in order to not have my period and have had my period for an entire MONTH. Obviously my body didn't respond to that well! I had an increase in appetite, gained twelve pounds. Also I am tired ALL THE TIME and feel moody.

September 16, 2010 1:45 AM

For Acne: Yaz saved my skin. I had severe acne, whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, the works, on my face. I was prescribed Yaz after none of the topical medications worked, for example, Tazorac, in both the gel and cream form. It does take a while to see the full effect. I noticed after 2 months the shine that I always had on my face went away, and slowly, over a course of about 9 months my skin was completely clear. It was a miracle, to say the least. My dermatologist kept me on the Tazorac just as a caution, but I know it was the Yaz that truly cleared my skin up. I highly recommend Yaz as long as you are in good health to use it (don't smoke or anything) and want to see a real change in your skin.

August 26, 2010 9:56 PM

Review by Uzuh:

For Menstrual Disorders: I got on Yaz because my doctor says it helps with premenstrual syndrome, plus I've always had terrible heavy periods. It has cut them down significantly and helps with the premenstrual symptoms. My spouse also claims it makes me less crappy at the PMS time. No bad side effects other than a hormone headache, but I used to get that anyway. The timeframe just changed.

August 25, 2010 5:51 PM

Review by MRG1969:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I suffered with PMDD for over 20 years, this included bad acne, terrible mood swings, recurring infections such as bladder and yeast, having to be bed ridden the entire week prior to my period, terrible joint pain and water retention. I had seen all types of doctors, given tests for diabetes to STDs-as they couldn't figure out what was ailing me. I had doctors recommend Prozac and large amounts of Ibuprofen...none of this helped. It was by luck, my doctor was not available and I saw a different physician that prescribed Yaz. I can honestly say this medicine has CHANGED MY LIFE. I feel like a new person and spent 20 years in pain. Thank you Yaz for giving me my life back--I LOVE THIS MEDICATION AND MY NEW LIFE!

August 17, 2010 7:53 PM