User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 28 reviews 72 medications

6.6
Summary of Yaz reviews 318 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "Worst birth control ever. I started taking it after my doctor thought I would get pregnant.... even though condoms are used. I've been on it for 1 1/2 weeks now and my body rejects the pill by vomiting it back up. I've had a really bad acne breakout and I have started to get panic attacks so bad that it's hard to physically and emotionally function. At this point, I'd rather go through 9 months of pregnancy and a million hours of labor than take this."

ZT (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Kariva for years before I started Yaz. I'm so glad I made the switch! I am less irritable, less anxious, and my mood swings are gone. I knew that before my period I would get sad for no reason, feel unmotivated, and my anxiety would rise. I would prepare for it, like clockwork. I don't have to do that now! I feel so much better since taking Yaz. My energy is up, my ability to handle stress is better. Not to mention my face is glowing! My nails and hair have grown so healthy. My breasts have even grown a cup size (back to what they were before having a child)! The only negative is that my breast were tender the first few months of taking the medication (they're fine now)."

Sam555 August 24, 2015

For Acne "I was initially on Yaz for about 6 years then stopped because I was getting migraines. The whole 6 years my skin was flawless. I quit taking it Jan 2015 and it is now Aug 2015. My skin is unbearable I don't even recognize myself. I got back on Gianvi (generic Yaz) and I'm hoping it will work again. I'm experiencing like 10-15 cysts at once and lowest self-esteem in my life. I can't tell if the birth control is going to help anytime soon. I am only on week 2 and losing hope."

bre23 August 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I was put on Yaz earlier this year by my regular doctor. Within a week of taking yaz, I had severe pain in my abdomen, I couldn't breathe without being in excruciating pain. A week later I was worse, I was in the worst pain I'd ever felt constantly. I went back to the Dr and after a week of testing and hundreds of dollars found out I have a Gall Bladder Infection and may have to have surgery to remove my gall bladder. Luckily, medication cleared it up after a few days. Since then I have found out that there is actually a number of class actions, in a number of different countries including Australia & Canada, against the maker of Yaz due to the immense number of adversely effected women. Dont go near it!!"

JLH90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on Yaz for about 4 months now. I started taking it to regulate my periods, as they were very heavy and irregular. Yaz helped 100% with that issue. Now I know when my period will arrive and it only lasts about 4 days. Yaz has also cleared up my acne. Before taking it I had fairly severe acne (for a 36 year old) and since taking Yaz I don't have severe breakouts, just one or two pimples here and there. If I had to list my negative experiences since taking Yaz it would be my irritability. Small things annoy me...like my husband chewing his cereal. It's not bad enough that I go into a rage or anything, but it can be annoying. Also, the outside edges of my breasts are sore. Feels like when I was nursing! So far, a positive experience"

safford5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking Yaz now for a little over a year, and i have noticed a few effects of it. Some good and some bad. It cleared up my acne a lot, made my periods WAY lighter and less painful. The bad side effects are that I almost completely have lost my sex drive, also it makes my eyes super sensitive, I always have to wear sunglasses and can barley wear contacts for about 3 hours. When I first started taking it I got really bad nausea but now I don't."

Sdawg (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 5, 2015

For Acne "I'm on the 2nd week of my 2nd pack and so far I see little to no change in my acne, it's made me get minor menstrual cramps at times not even close to my period, but lightened up my period alot! I have some pretty intense mood swings, and a bit of nausea, probably going to switch since this isn't helping me and making me grumpy and depressed 24/7"

Abbycazz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been on Yaz for three months. I started taking it because I told my doctor that I had really bad moodiness during PMS. Ha, it's gotten worse! I don't start my period till the last day of inactive pills. My cramps feel like I'm 15 again (I'm 36) and my mood swings have worsened. Barely any sex drive. I'm going back to Ortho-Tricyclen (Trinessa)."

CJ1321 July 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz for about 6weeks now and I immediately noticed my skin getting better and my skin getting no clearer. My period has improved so much, it was hell before and now it's shorter and painless. My sex drive improved as well( I didn't expect that). The big problem I have are my mood swings. I am a very happy and charismatic person but now I feel anxious all the time, I'm sensitive over things that wouldn't bother me at all before. I cry all the time. I'm often irritable and sometimes just want toscream at everyone. I hate the emotional effects it has on me but i think the positives outweigh the negatives."

Lulubati July 13, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I havd suffered with pmdd for a long time. Almost got divorced over how emotional I would get once per month and hated how I acted. My children started noticing also my pied. I was not myself at right before my period. Since I have been on Yaz for past 6 months I have not had my usual monthly freak out and am in a much better mood. No more emotional rollercoaster. Infer like myself and not worried when I am going to freak out again. Yaz Is a lifesaver."

Courtney R July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "Let me just start this by saying, you need to wait this birth control out. I had some moderate acne before taking the pill, and was needing to get back on a birth control and figured that yaz would be a good bet. Well, I have really zero side effects with yaz. Which I was so happy with. I still have a sex drive, I don't get headaches, bitchiness, or stomach aches. Overall, great pill. I had read the reviews about the pill before going on it and noticed most people had an initial first break out period with it getting better until month 3, so true! The first two months were hell, terrible breakouts I would say the worst in my life. But I am now in month four, and am hardly breaking out! Wait it out, it will pay off!"

Raduncan26 July 7, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Well, this was a last resort for my PMDD, which is pretty much destroying my life. I was VERY nervous about taking it - not interested in hair loss, weight gain etc. But I gave it a chance. 3 days in, developed a cluster of hives on left hand, and one on right hand. Extremely itchy. Absolutely no other changes in my products/lifestyle/food/etc.. So I know it's Yaz. Also all over burning/itchiness. Sun & showers make it worse. On day 4, realized I felt less..calm.. more anxious. Also finding it difficult to sleep. Doc claimed 'unlikely Yaz causing this'. Yeah, right. Told me to take Zyrtec for symptoms. Nope. This isn't working for me."

pmsinferno June 19, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I started Yaz a few months ago and so far the results are unimpressive. Primarily I went on the pill the regulate my extremely heavy and long periods as a bonus I was using it as a contraceptive. Contraceptive wise it was a dream, but it did absolutely nothing for my periods, the pain was still there and instead of being 8 days they are now 10 or 11. I also got horrible mood swings, and I suffer from depression so I really didn't think I would get any 'lower' but on this pill I really have. My emotions are just all over the place. If you are going to go on this pill I would definitely do proper research. I have decided to stop taking it."

lpet76 June 11, 2015

For Acne "I have been using yaz for about 2 months now and it as made my acne so much worse. I never have cystic acne in my life and now I'm getting it all over my cheeks where I never use to have acne. My acne was mild before but now looks severe from all the red marks of healing old hyper pigmentation. I'm 15 and obessed with my skin, and can't look people in the eyes and go out. I'm so fed up and I'm going on accutane in 3 days. yaz may work for some people but I'm telling you it throws your hormones to wack no matter what in the first month. Only difference I have seen on yaz is my whiteheads are smaller but skin is a lot worse over all. wishing you best of luck for finding something that works for you!"

ashghacns June 2, 2015

For Acne "March 2014 I started breaking out so bad I cried. I didn't know why I was breaking out because I was clear for fives years on ortho tri cyclen. All of sudden I had huge painful acne all of my chin and above my lip. I tried everything and nothing worked. Decemeber 2014 I finally tried yaz. At first my acne got worse and I started losing hope. But I imediallty noticed that I had fewer cystic pimples. Now it is May and I finally have clear skin. I still have a few red marks from scars and I get tiny little pimples but no where near what I had before. This stuff is amazing and I finally feel confident again. It started to really work for me on month 4 so give it time and don't give up."

Michelle Kolodka May 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz for almost two months and I won't be continuing with this pill. Almost immediately after I changed from Qlaira to Yaz I noticed my anxiety levels rising, I'm not one to constantly worry and have always had this joy for life, but not since taking Yaz. I don't even feel like waking up and doing what I love. My sex drive is very, very, very low and I'm very dry down there. I'm very moody and fight with my fiance on a daily basis. My breasts have gone up an entire cup size and they are really tende. I have severe abdominal pains and nausea. I cannot wait to start a different pill."

FrankieSweeting May 11, 2015

For Acne "Checking back in from my previous post. I just started my 3rd week on my 3rd pack. First, I never write reviews and second I'm so mad it's taken me this long to try yaz. I can't believe how my skin looks! SO CLEAR! I had zero faith in this birth control,I've tried everything. 1month ago I was hiding in my room wanting to get off this stuff. The initial breakout was bad, definitely made it worse by picking at it. I don't remember the last time my face has looked this clear! This was my dermatologist last try before the dreaded accutane. The last 2 years has been filled with nasty chin/jaw breakouts. First time in 2 years I have no breakouts. THANK YOU MAKERS OF YAZ. Please please please give it 3-4 months before giving up."

KSUgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Yaz almost 3 months ago. I was put on Yaz for hormonal acne (chin and jaw line). I've had TERRIBLE experiences with birth control, weight gain, acne, mood swings, etc. I was nervous to start Yaz. Within a week my acne was completely gone! I did not experience any mood swings or weight gain! No "hungry all the time feeling." I was beyond excited. I started my 2nd pack and my face lit up like never before. Probably the worst breakouts I've ever had. I just finished my 2nd pack and my face is finally clearing up. Im just dealing with the aftermath from the breakouts (purple blue spots). I'm guessing my body was just getting used to the hormones. I'll check back in after month 3! Hopefully it will continue to clear up!"

Ksugirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2015

For Acne "Yaz was my best friend. I began the pill when I was 15 for irregular periods but I didn't expect it to clear my skin the way it did. It cleared my face, back, and chest. I mean I finally got compliments on my skin. I got pregnant a month after I stopped taking it and my skin was worse than ever. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is because it didn't work for me after giving birth. It gave me migraines and the acne didn't clear up. However, I'm almost positive it was due to me not taking it religiously like I did in high school."

Julie from NC April 21, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "My dermatologist recommended Yaz for my acne. However I also have horrible menstrual cycles and let me tell you, you cannot go wrong with Yaz. I hardly felt any pain. My acne was basically gone also. Now all I have is some dark spots here and there"

starshanelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2015

For Acne "I was prescribed Yaz but my doc told me to ask for the "generic brand" and so I did as directed. However I had only looked up reviews for Yaz but not for Vestura the generic brand. I settled and after getting home I did my research on Vestura. Now I realize birth controls will effect people differently and there are going to be great reviews and terrible ones but vestura only had terrible reviews. I took Vestura anyway and wow biggest mistake ever!!! DO NOT TAKE VESTURA! SPEND THE MONEY ON YAZ! Vestura made me have the worst mood swings, crying for hours about nothing, and then hyper the next minute. For the 3 weeks I have been on Yaz I have been 100% myself, even lost 6 pounds and skin clearing! Love it!!!"

KenzieH March 9, 2015

For Acne "I started Yaz about 3 months ago and like many of you, I have zero faith in it's ability to help my acne. I've had cystic acne for about 3 years and although it was never awful, I always had at least one or two unsightly blemishes. It took about 3 months to really work, and the first 3 weren't awful but they weren't great. If you have acne and are looking for relief, TRY YAZ! It's honestly amazing. Seriously. I've never posted anything before, I truly believe in this stuff."

screengirl7691 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

For Acne "Love this! I was a little discouraged at first because the magic number of 3 months didn't work for me. However when I hit 4 months all of my back acne was gone and my face had totally cleared up. I've never seen anything like it. I still get the odd zit and for individuals who react well with Yaz I find that acne can be caused by eating dairy products. I don't doubt if I cut milk and cheese out of my diet, as well as continued on the pill I would have 0 acne at all."

EmmaKnutsen January 12, 2015

For Acne "I wish this was around back when I was in high school! I have struggled with acne for my whole teen/adult life. I have taken Yaz on and off for 8 years now, and my skin never looks better than when I'm on Yaz. The doc took me off last year because I was getting headaches and she was concerned the estrogen in the Pill was causing it, but after a year on the mini pill with the same frequency of headaches and the added terribleness of deep cystic acne, I am happily back on Yaz and already seeing an improvement in my skin. Only complaint (mainly from my husband) is a slightly lowered sex drive."

andelicar January 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 18 years old and I started taking Yaz when I was 14 for the use of treating acne. It did not do much for my acne so I began taking Accutane. I stayed on Yaz because you need to be on 2 forms of birth control when taking Accutane. My acne went away, and then I got a boyfriend so I stayed on Yaz. I've been using Yaz for over 4 years in all of my teen years and let me just say, this stuff is amazing for preventing pregnancy. The pills are a miracle. I didn't really gain weight on this product, I developed breasts rapidly! I've never taken any other types of birth control, but I give YAZ five stars. Good luck!"

Calichick January 7, 2015