User Reviews for Yaz

Birth Control 171 reviews 249 medications

6.8
Summary of Yaz reviews 303 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz for almost two months and I won't be continuing with this pill. Almost immediately after I changed from Qlaira to Yaz I noticed my anxiety levels rising, I'm not one to constantly worry and have always had this joy for life, but not since taking Yaz. I don't even feel like waking up and doing what I love. My sex drive is very, very, very low and I'm very dry down there. I'm very moody and fight with my fiance on a daily basis. My breasts have gone up an entire cup size and they are really tende. I have severe abdominal pains and nausea. I cannot wait to start a different pill."

FrankieSweeting May 11, 2015

For Acne "Checking back in from my previous post. I just started my 3rd week on my 3rd pack. First, I never write reviews and second I'm so mad it's taken me this long to try yaz. I can't believe how my skin looks! SO CLEAR! I had zero faith in this birth control,I've tried everything. 1month ago I was hiding in my room wanting to get off this stuff. The initial breakout was bad, definitely made it worse by picking at it. I don't remember the last time my face has looked this clear! This was my dermatologist last try before the dreaded accutane. The last 2 years has been filled with nasty chin/jaw breakouts. First time in 2 years I have no breakouts. THANK YOU MAKERS OF YAZ. Please please please give it 3-4 months before giving up."

KSUgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Yaz almost 3 months ago. I was put on Yaz for hormonal acne (chin and jaw line). I've had TERRIBLE experiences with birth control, weight gain, acne, mood swings, etc. I was nervous to start Yaz. Within a week my acne was completely gone! I did not experience any mood swings or weight gain! No "hungry all the time feeling." I was beyond excited. I started my 2nd pack and my face lit up like never before. Probably the worst breakouts I've ever had. I just finished my 2nd pack and my face is finally clearing up. Im just dealing with the aftermath from the breakouts (purple blue spots). I'm guessing my body was just getting used to the hormones. I'll check back in after month 3! Hopefully it will continue to clear up!"

Ksugirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2015

For Acne "Yaz was my best friend. I began the pill when I was 15 for irregular periods but I didn't expect it to clear my skin the way it did. It cleared my face, back, and chest. I mean I finally got compliments on my skin. I got pregnant a month after I stopped taking it and my skin was worse than ever. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is because it didn't work for me after giving birth. It gave me migraines and the acne didn't clear up. However, I'm almost positive it was due to me not taking it religiously like I did in high school."

Julie from NC April 21, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "My dermatologist recommended Yaz for my acne. However I also have horrible menstrual cycles and let me tell you, you cannot go wrong with Yaz. I hardly felt any pain. My acne was basically gone also. Now all I have is some dark spots here and there"

starshanelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2015

For Acne "I was prescribed Yaz but my doc told me to ask for the "generic brand" and so I did as directed. However I had only looked up reviews for Yaz but not for Vestura the generic brand. I settled and after getting home I did my research on Vestura. Now I realize birth controls will effect people differently and there are going to be great reviews and terrible ones but vestura only had terrible reviews. I took Vestura anyway and wow biggest mistake ever!!! DO NOT TAKE VESTURA! SPEND THE MONEY ON YAZ! Vestura made me have the worst mood swings, crying for hours about nothing, and then hyper the next minute. For the 3 weeks I have been on Yaz I have been 100% myself, even lost 6 pounds and skin clearing! Love it!!!"

KenzieH March 9, 2015

For Acne "I started Yaz about 3 months ago and like many of you, I have zero faith in it's ability to help my acne. I've had cystic acne for about 3 years and although it was never awful, I always had at least one or two unsightly blemishes. It took about 3 months to really work, and the first 3 weren't awful but they weren't great. If you have acne and are looking for relief, TRY YAZ! It's honestly amazing. Seriously. I've never posted anything before, I truly believe in this stuff."

screengirl7691 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

For Acne "Love this! I was a little discouraged at first because the magic number of 3 months didn't work for me. However when I hit 4 months all of my back acne was gone and my face had totally cleared up. I've never seen anything like it. I still get the odd zit and for individuals who react well with Yaz I find that acne can be caused by eating dairy products. I don't doubt if I cut milk and cheese out of my diet, as well as continued on the pill I would have 0 acne at all."

EmmaKnutsen January 12, 2015

For Acne "I wish this was around back when I was in high school! I have struggled with acne for my whole teen/adult life. I have taken Yaz on and off for 8 years now, and my skin never looks better than when I'm on Yaz. The doc took me off last year because I was getting headaches and she was concerned the estrogen in the Pill was causing it, but after a year on the mini pill with the same frequency of headaches and the added terribleness of deep cystic acne, I am happily back on Yaz and already seeing an improvement in my skin. Only complaint (mainly from my husband) is a slightly lowered sex drive."

andelicar January 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 18 years old and I started taking Yaz when I was 14 for the use of treating acne. It did not do much for my acne so I began taking Accutane. I stayed on Yaz because you need to be on 2 forms of birth control when taking Accutane. My acne went away, and then I got a boyfriend so I stayed on Yaz. I've been using Yaz for over 4 years in all of my teen years and let me just say, this stuff is amazing for preventing pregnancy. The pills are a miracle. I didn't really gain weight on this product, I developed breasts rapidly! I've never taken any other types of birth control, but I give YAZ five stars. Good luck!"

Calichick January 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Yas a few years ago and I stopped. I had no problems with it and it did clear up my acne, which was mild anyway. When I started it up again, there are two things I don't like about it: 1. normally my periods are very heavy on day two and taper off at a five, they also pushed back every month by about a week. With Yaz, my periods are much lighter to the point where I'm only spotting but then I'm spotting for almost a week and a half and even though I'm on the blanks, my period does not start now until almost the second week of my new pack. 2. My breasts are extremely tender ALL.MONTH.LONG! At first, I didn't mind because my breasts grew by almost a full cup. I can hardly hug people! I don't know if I'll continue or at least take a break."

joyazgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2015

For Birth Control "Yaz has been a complete lifesaver. I used to suffer with heavy bleeding and cramps that had me bedridden. I've been on Yaz since 16 and I don't regret it at all. I have absolutely no side effects and there is no complications with my health either. If you're a first timer - Yaz is the way to go."

PMS = Pretty Mad Sister (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for 3 years now and it really helped with a lot of things. My mild acne cleared up and I have beautiful skin, and before Yaz I had very irregular periods that would last for 2 weeks at a time. Yaz controlled my period and I only have it for about 3-4 days and it is very light. I do get moody while taking the white pills (last 4 pills) and I hate everything, but I've always been like that and it only lasts a few days. It has helped a great deal in preventing pregnancy, since I don't always use condoms. I would definitely recommend this pill."

Anonymous December 27, 2014

For Acne "I suffered from pretty bad acne. Everyday I would wake up with lots of whiteheads even some blackheads too, my acne was also very red, over my nose, chin, cheek and forehead area. I took Yaz for three months and it does wonders to your skin, I no longer suffer with waking up with lots of whiteheads or blackheads and I have seen a change in my skin. I will continue to take Yaz to keep improving my skin!"

Anonymous December 22, 2014

For Acne "I've taken Yaz for 3 months now and it has cleared up 90% of my acne. All I have left are some tiny clogged pores which are clearing. I have adult acne and tried every OTC, prescription, and expensive creams, microdermabrasion etc and nothing worked. Previously intolerant to the pill, but on Yaz I'm calm, happy, no problems. Be warned, the first 6 weeks your face will look horrendous, worse than ever, but it gets so much better."

Bearbelle December 8, 2014

For Acne "I've been taking Yaz for three months for adult acne that was unresponsive to just about every skincare/formulation/medication/creams/makeup on the market. I had tried everything but the pill (Yaz) for several years due to becoming depressed/irritable on other contraceptive pills previously. This is the only thing that has worked! I'm so happy. The first 6 weeks made my skin much much worse but now, I'm clear for the first time in years. My breasts are fuller also which is a bonus."

Chebear (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2014

For Acne "I love Yaz! I was first put on it 2 years ago to help get rid of my acne and within the first 3 months my skin started clearing and have been acne free since. It did make me put on a little bit of weight but zero mood swings and no change to my sex drive. My periods have become a lot lighter and last shorter days (usually 3-4 days) I highly recommend this pill but the only downside is you do have to take it everyday"

happy customer November 27, 2014

For Acne "I am now on my 5th month of Yaz and I have zero acne, best decision I've ever made. I first started noticing a difference after the 2sd week, the acne I had started healing and I stopped breaking out (I use get at least one or two new pimples a week, and get a bunch around my period) after the first month I stopped getting acne all together and I only had some scars. By the second month my scar finally faded and now in my fifth month my skin is completely clear. Everyone is different but I would definitely recommend trying this!"

Anonymous November 26, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on yaz for 8 months, the first 5 months were great, but now im having my period for 3 weeks per month. It goes away the first week of my pills and comes back 2nd week... time to switch. I had zero breakouts and i lost 10 pounds that was great though"

Starxoxo November 13, 2014

For Acne "I am almost finished my first pack of Yaz, at first my acne seemed to be going away but now it's just getting worse. My cheeks are all red and splotchy, I have huge cystic breakouts on my chin. I have tried everything to make my acne go away, it's gotten to the point where I feel so depressed and it's all I think about. I'm hoping after a couple more weeks it will start to improve a bit because right now it is terrible!"

mollygirl1410 October 18, 2014

For Birth Control "Made me vomit up to three times a day on random days .. Up to the third month. Gave me horrible nightmares every night not one missed starting last month. Love working out don't have energy to do it anymore. Sleep way too much 13 hours or more a day with naps. Depression before I went to sleep sometime I would cry my eyeballs out. Did not gain weight on it and I have the most amazing skin you can think of and period for only two days. Let's weight this out here, NO Can't do it. Switching to mini pills!"

Candy1092 October 10, 2014

For Birth Control "I was taking Yaz for almost 7 years and I loved it! My weight never changed, my skin was beautiful, normal sex drive, no cramps, 3-4 days periods. In 2013 I saw some weird spots on my face, after the consultation with a doc it turned out to be Melasma (nothing dangerous but it doesn't look good) . One of the most common causes is oral birth control. It wasn't the Yaz, just birth control with higher amount of progestin. I switched to Mirena and that was the worst decision ever! Acne, mood changes, gained 20 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm going back on the pill this month and we will see how it goes, I will post about it in about 6 months."

Joanna1986 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz since I was 23 and I'm 28 now. In the first month or so I had mild side effects-felt a bit dizzy and had some breakthrough bleeding, but they subsided after a month or two. I have PMDD, and Yaz has been a Godsend in regulating my moods-instead of being out of control for 3 weeks, I only have PMDD for little less than a week. It's definitely helped me and I'd be a hot mess without it!"

Anne F. October 6, 2014

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I've been on YAZ for over 3 years now. It's the only birth control I've been on and it's been amazing. I suffer from severe PMDD and I was placed on it. So far my PMDD is not fully gone but it has helped my life tremendously. My period used to be 8 days long and extremely heavy. Now it's around 5 days and very light. I used to get severe cramping and now I rarely cramp. I also had mild acne and it's virtually gone now except for the few I get right before my period. For physical issues from my period is has been really successful but for the emotional issues it has helped mildly. I still get the panic, anger and depression up to a week before my period but it has calmed down. Also no pregnancy scares at all or weight gain."

Umbri October 6, 2014

For Acne "I love Yaz. I suffer from adult acne and Yaz always heals it within 3 months of taking it. I love that my periods come at the same day every month and only last about 4 days. The other thing I love about it is it seems to level out my moods. I'm not so up and down like I would be without it. As far as its effectiveness for birth control, I have never gotten pregnant while on the pill which makes me and my husband very happy."

JMCO September 22, 2014