User Reviews for Yaz

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 274 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

Review by Elementalmage (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: My first month on Yaz, and I must say I've noticed two changes. On the plus side, period is much lighter and I'm not suffering from the debilitating exhaustion I had for years during each period. However, I'm getting panicky and got palpitations.

September 14, 2014 3:37 PM

For Birth Control: From the experience of taking Yaz for about two years. Advantages: no pain at PMS, less bleeding, scheduled period, for sale in most of the countries. disadvantages: cause me with gaining weight (about 3kg) for near two years, although there might be other reasons

September 11, 2014 10:38 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I started taking Yaz because of my acne breakout and that's unusual because I'm already way past my teenage years. About a week after taking it, I've noticed that my breakouts has stopped. Though I still get 1 or 2 tiny reddish spots every week or so (Stress from being a Programmer), they heal after a day or two without applying any medication on it. Before the pills, I always get nasty breakouts and even a single pimple takes weeks to heal because it's always recurring. Today, my skin is on it's way to clearing up and I don't retouch my makeup often anymore because the oiliness has been diminished. I've also noticed that my breasts got heavier and are bigger than usual. But that's fine with me for as long as the pills won't make me fat.

September 8, 2014 11:33 PM

Review by TPMBrasil (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was depressed. I had maybe one good week each month... . Then I started taking Yaz because a friend told me it helped her, but she also said I had to be patient. I think it took three months and then I noticed I was so much better! I took Prozac and didn't notice any changes, but Yaz saved my life. I'm not PMS free but I have more good days than bad ones. I read some of the comments and I recognized side effects experienced by another friend. It just didn't work for her. It actually made her worse (I think Yasmin worked for her, though). I wish they keep researching and, as time goes by, we have even better options. It's not easy being a woman. And I hope Yaz works for you.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 8:27 PM

Review by Emotional rollercoaster (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Made me very emotional and anxious, I felt like I was going crazy. It also made my periods irregular and gave me awful cramps. Only took for 4 months and it caused me to have 3 very painful ovarian cysts. Was not the right birth control for me!

August 6, 2014 9:12 PM

Review by SDizzle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I mainly got on Yaz for acne and I've been taking it for four months and have only seen a slight difference. I still break out really bad on my period and it just seems like an on going cycle. The good thing about this is my period is very regular and SUPER light which I love! and I also don't experience cramping anymore. I am hoping that my acne starts to go away soon though.

July 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Review by PMS Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: Yaz was great for about three months. Then with time I suddenly started to become too overbearing for many people in my life. I was always high strung, and I had intense symptoms of PMS. It got to the point where my family and friends basically ignored me for two weeks and I lost a relationship from it. It helped give me the estrogen I was lacking while being a great birh control, the PMS factor just overrided the others.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 10:29 AM

Review by Shanny112 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I have a regular cycle with no spotting. I did have some weight gain in the belly area but it helps with pimples and my PMS is better. I would recommend this pill.

June 6, 2014 10:45 PM

Review by Valona (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: It is the most amazing medicine for birth control I ever used. I actually didn't use anything else except Yaz, never switched to another birth control pill. The only side effect is that I gained weight but that's nothing compared to how amazingly it works. I also got all the acne gone and I have regular periods.

April 15, 2014 7:33 AM

Review by testing it out (I'm back!):

For Acne: I was the one who posted below under "testing it out." Last I was here I was nervous it wasn't going to work. WELL, let me tell you. Just hang in there for the first three months friends because your life is about to get better. Literally right after my third period of being on Yaz I noticed an immediate difference. Acne has drastically reduced to the point of it basically being non-existent. My skin is finally starting to heal with the help of a dark spot corrector and my confidence is through the roof. THANK YOU YAZ!

February 7, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by coppola22 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Menstrual Disorders: I have been on Yaz for 2 and a half years and it's been the best form of contraceptive medication for me. I have tried other contraceptive pills and have had all kinds of bad side effects, but once I started Yaz I was fine. Originally I started using it as a form of contraception, I still do but it has also helped with my severe menstrual cramps and endometriosis. I can have my period every 3 months without a problem and I haven't experienced any side effects, pregnancy scares, bloating or acne on it so overall it's been great.

January 4, 2014 3:32 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: At first I really loved Yaz. There was little to no weight gain, it didn't make me have any mood swings. I've been taking it for 7 months, and for the last 4 months, I've noticed a decrease in sex drive, very very little lubrication, and haven't gotten my period for the last 3 months... which is a scary thing. On top of that I started bleeding during intercourse. Each month I went to the gyno to see what was wrong, I took a pregnancy test there each month and every test came out negative. I got looked at and got other tests done and everything came out negative and normal. I've now been very tired and irritable lately and the doctor's still don't seem to know exactly what's wrong, which is very stressful. I'm now switching to NuvaRing.

November 14, 2013 1:53 PM

Review by Brydawn (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I LOVED Yaz, I was on it for 2 years. It caused my cramps to stop completely and I had no side effects the only thing I had was a loss in my sex drive. But I think all birth control does that to me. Only reason I switched was because I couldn't remember to take it every day anymore because my work and college was all over the place. I would go days without it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2013 8:22 AM

Review by Nina77:

For Acne: I have been on Yaz for hormonal acne for about 3 years now. Let me just say the first two years were awesome. No chin breakouts, less oily. Now for some reason it is no longer working. I am getting painful cysts again around my period. I thought it was temporary but I started noticing it in December and it is now September. I'm nervous to get off of it for fear it will be worse. It worked for me for some time but now I have to find something else.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2013 11:33 AM

Review by Katia love:

For Birth Control: I got on this birth control when it first came in 2006 when I was 16, I was on it up until I was 22. Switching was the biggest mistake ever. I LOVED this birth control. I never had any problems with it. Lighter and shorter periods, cleared up my skin and no bloating or weight gain. The only downfall was I did get very emotional but that was it and maybe occasional breakthrough bleeding. Best of all it worked for me. I am switching back to this birth control and can't wait.

August 14, 2013 8:23 PM

Review by Higgy French (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I have been on Yaz for 8 months now. The first 2 were a little rough with breakthrough bleeding or missed period (which is so stressful) but I gave it a chance anyway. I had mild to severe acne that is very much clear now other than a few scars. I have not gained weight BUT my breast are a full cup size bigger. My only issue with Yaz is that I never used to get PMS symptoms, now I feel angry and the next second I want to cry for absolutely not reason. This only lasts a day or two so I can deal with it.

August 14, 2013 5:51 PM

Review by testing it out (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: My doctor suggested I go on Yaz after a good 8 years of being on a previous pill and basically experiencing acne the entire time. Anyway, I've been on Yaz for a month. I'm glad I read reviews before because I probably would have given up and fully entered a hermit life if I didn't know that a major breakout the first month or two is normal. I have gotten acne in places I've never had before - along my jaw line, even on my neck. It's terrifying and I'm only hanging in there based on the people that swear by month 3 is gets better. However, I will say, I am happy with having experienced no other side effects. Weight has never been a problem for me, but I actually lost 5 pounds. Here's hoping that month 2 and 3 brings better luck!

August 8, 2013 9:42 AM

For Acne: I was on Yaz for 4 years for acne and pretty much had no problems. I did not experience any weight gain at all. It may have made me moody on the angry side at times but I didn't find myself crying over nothing (I might have a short temper anyway). My acne did clear up but never completely, I have always still had a few pimples whilst on Yaz but I was happy with the level it was so I am not sure if it was Yaz or whether I only broke out due to stress in my final year of high school. Other than that it lightened my period and eliminated any cramps that sometimes were so bad I would vomit. I only stopped taking it because I was sick of taking it everyday and it may have decreased my libido. But everyone's different.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 3, 2013 8:06 AM

Review by Maggie in PA (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for a long time, about five years. It helped with my horrible mood swings. After a while, I got no period while on Yaz, not even spotting or cramping, which was a huge plus. The only negative for me was my sex drive became non-existent. My poor husband thought there was something wrong with him so I just switched to the patch.

July 24, 2013 8:54 PM

Review by poor me (before Yaz) - happy now! (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: Gosh, I feel sorry for myself - tried everything, except (Ro)-accutane. Many thousands were spent without any success and many years went by just trying to HIDE this bad skin. The irony is that I have acne on my body, and less on my face. Yep, and excessive hair is just the icing of the cake! I have hormonal imbalances, thus knew that nothing topical would help for good. Nevertheless, was afraid to try birth control pills. Anyway, Yaz was invented quite recently. So, girls and women, if you have hormonal problems, Yaz is the best thing around. I can put WHATEVER on my skin now (like night creme), and my skin is perfect. No clogged pores, no inflammation, nothing. I can go outside without skin makeup, which was an impossible thing just two years ago.

July 21, 2013 12:57 AM

Review by kaylamooress:

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz for 3 and a half years, and I have not had any issues. I have regular periods, I have no weird side effects. I fluctuate in weight by 5 pounds now off and on. I read all of the scary lawsuits against Yaz, talked to my doctors and the lawsuits failed to mention the other issues that girls had other then just the common factor that they were taking Yaz. PLEASE DON'T BE SCARED OF IT. I was and its a stress you don't need. I have been fine, and many others have too.

July 16, 2013 6:18 PM

Review by Sweetsc:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Before Yaz I was very moody almost bipolar and my periods were very heavy and painful. After Yaz I am myself again and my periods are light and regular. I love the feeling of being in control of my body and Yaz has helped me feel that. It's my miracle.

June 19, 2013 8:12 PM

Review by kshyun (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I've been on yaz for over 6 months now, and it has been the only thing that cleared up my acne in the last 8 years. I had very severe cystic acne on my forehead, cheeks and chin (basically all over my face). After taking Yaz for 3 months, my acne started to clear up dramatically. I can now go out without wearing 5 pounds of makeup!

June 19, 2013 5:00 PM

Review by Jess5:

For Birth Control: I've been on Yaz for almost 2 years now and I have had no issues whatsoever. Every individual reacts differently to different medicines. It's common sense to assume the risk outlined on the label.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2013 12:12 AM

Review by ata22 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: This is the first pill I have ever taken that is hormone related, and the main reason was for acne. Within the first week all my acne was gone, and never broke out for the year! But after a year, my acne started coming back, and I am now on Yasmin, I was hoping for the same flawless face effect, but I still break out tremendously, especially compared to when I was on Yaz. I'm going to get off Yasmin because the pill just it isn't helping with my acne anymore. However, I enjoyed that year of flawless skin! I didn't have to worry about applying a full face of makeup to leave the house for 5 minutes! Now I'm back to wearing makeup all the time! I hope I find something that works soon.

April 22, 2013 7:48 PM