User Reviews for Yaz

Birth Control 200 reviews 275 medications

6.5
Summary of Yaz reviews 359 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Menstrual Disorders "I have very, very heavy periods and PCOS (high testosterone, high androgens, etc). I started out on Loestrin 1/20 and lost about 20 pounds in one month. Yay! After a while, it became less effective and my heavier periods were coming back after about a year. Come in Loryna (generic Yaz) and I'm back in heaven again. It's been around a year, and it's less effective. :( The heavy periods, dizziness, etc are coming back. I'm not sure what else to try... I'm not sure why they work at first then increasingly become less effective. Either way, I love the pill. I'm single and the almost non-existent libido is a plus! I can focus on important things than sex always on my mind. I highly recommend it. Yeah, it also causes dryness there."

B_Tanya May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill is my first one and it's okay BUT My acne is not gone already (after 3 months). I have cystic acne in the chin, around the mouth. Maybe I have to wait more... Also, it gave me vaginal dryness -_- (the lube don't help) so I have to buy products (like Vagisil Prohydrate, Replens) to help this condition."

Suzie0967 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

For Birth Control "well so far my menstruation while using yaz pills is really regular. everything while on yaz was perfect! I am hoping after I am done with my 3rd box I will try and get pregnant!"

lotski (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "As far as birth control... never got pregnant. That is the only plus. Horrible cramps, heavy bleeding, soaking thru tampons in an hour or less, passing of large clots, headaches. Looking forward to switching off to a different BCP"

jparker19 April 8, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I just start Yaz almost 4 weeks ago. I am 42 years old, I have my tubes tied so I don't need this for birth control but I started having perimenapause issues and I needed something to fix my hormones asap. I actually asked for Yaz. The first three days I was extremely tired but I was also extremely chill. After day 2 things started looking better and each day after that it gets better and better. This has helped the moods quite a bit, right now the only con is that my sex drive is lower but I am going to give my body some more time to adjust to the hormones before I make any changes. I plan on taking this pill back to back to eliminate my periods. I'll check back in another month."

slewis1973 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the generic version of Yaz for 7 days now. I have been nauseated for 7 days and have resulted to taking Zofran (ondanestron) 4 times so that I could eat food. Previously I was on a non-hormonal IUD (Paraguard) but had to have surgery to remove it after it was expelled from my uterus and punctured and embedded in the uterus wall. I'm hopeful that the nausea will go away soon because it's impacted my daily activities."

CJ1234 March 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Heavy bleeding and intense cramping were my primary concerns for starting birth control and since I still bled heavy on my first pill I was switched to Yaz. The good is that the mild acne I did have is now non-existent, no more cramps, and my cycle is the lightest it's ever been. I can actually *want* to do more than stay in bed during my cycle. The bad is the random spotting. Theoretically it's caused by not taking the pill at the same time everyday but I keep a pretty tight schedule so it sucks. The mood swings are also discouraging. I feel myself getting mad or either sad about literally anything more often now. I've also picked up about 10 lbs despite the same eating habits and activity level."

MaddieK (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2016

For Birth Control "Well my Dr wanted me to try it instead of depo.. but I cramp while not even on my period now and have chest pains about an hour after taking it. I looked up reviews because of the chest pains ... and no surprise others experience chest pain with it. I wouldn't recommend it. Also the days of the week label falls off and gets me off track. That doesn't help.."

Si Cov March 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm currently still on yaz because my mother won't let me off Of it. I'm 18 and not using yaz for contraception but for depression and anxiety which I find horrendous that my doctor has kinda just gone "you're a female it must be your period!" Idiot. However yaz was kind of working at the start everything has gone downhill and now in my 4th month of using it I'm thinking of stopping taking them against my doctor and mother because my periods irregular, I drink a lot of water but I'm constipated daily, I have funny discharge, I've put on weight, I have headaches and feel dizzy, closer to my period I get sick and feel like vomiting and I'm not happy these pills don't help me how they're supposed to they just hurt me."

Arrabella March 3, 2016

For Acne "I have struggled with acne since I was fifteen and nothing I would take or use helped it ever, and I did not want to take acutane. My doctor suggested I take birth control to help clear my skin and this has made my skin completely clear and I'm very glad. I did break out worse for the first three months but then my skin was completely clear, I did not gain weight in fact I lost two pounds at first, and it did make my boobs bigger, and they were sore at first but nothing terrible. The only problem I have is that it does make me really emotional the week before or the week after my period but nothing extreme, just irritability, sometimes crying at random things."

speezy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 26, 2016

For Birth Control "WORST PILL. Went on it for around 5 months and it made my life a living hell. Almost immediately, I experienced an annoying, impossible to get rid of weight gain. Went from a B cup to a D/DD cup, depending on the time of the month. I also experienced some serious bloating around my stomach and could not get rid of it. Around the same time, I also became incredibly moody. As the months went on, this only got worse. Along with my moodiness, I became anxious, depressed and found that my libido had disappeared completely. Ultimately, I felt as if I had become a different person completely and decided to toss my remaining packs. While my weight and mood went back to normal, my libido took forever to reappear and I still feel it's not the same."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2016

For Birth Control "So far so good.. I have been on Yaz for two months now. Worked great for clearing up acne. My face was completely clear within the first month of using Yaz. My only problems are that when it is close to my period my cramps are worse than ever. I've also been getting extremely emotional before my period. But other than that, everything seems great. No nausea or anything."

Alexandria_USAF February 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for 6 months and have mixed feelings. It does its job by not getting me pregnant and my periods are finally regular. However I have never been more tired in my life. I can barely stay awake past 830pm. I get some pretty intense headaches as well. My weight tends to fluctuate too. I was lucky to not have acne so I can't speak on that but hopefully I can figure out how to get rid of the headaches and weird emotional attacks where I cry for no reason."

Leash a February 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I wouldn't normally give feedback but I think it's really important for women to know the possible side effects. I was on Yaz for 6 months and I started to get chest (heart) pain. The chest pain became more frequent and severe, so I went to my Doctor to get their opinion. My Doctor said there is a chance that the Pill (especially Yaz, because of the hormones it uses) can cause clotting of the blood, which can then lodge in various places in the body. I was told to go to Emergency if my leg started to swell, which it did. The pain went away gradually after I stopped Yaz, but I really believe it would've been a serious problem if I kept taking it. Please be careful when taking it, you're better not to take it if you have these symptoms."

Ruthie_ (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been using Yaz for 1 year and still can't get regular periods. In fact sometimes I have my period for 2 weeks. It is horrendous and after reading these reviews will be changing. It is crazy expensive too!"

vickieffingwilson246 February 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Yaz made me nauseated daily and my mood went from being a happy bright personality to a moody tired personality. Changed back to previous pill and feel a million bucks again."

Alleycat775 January 30, 2016

For Acne "I've been on Yaz for about 4 months now. I tried the generic Gianvi but it was seriously like taking rage pills, so now I'm using the brand name even though insurance doesn't cover it. I started taking Yaz to help with my skin because I was breaking out really bad. I noticed a significant difference in my skin within the first month and now my skin is completely clear with the exception of the occasional bump or two around my period. I get the typical mood swings around my period but nothing too crazy. I have noticed I feel a little more anxious since I've started taking it but it isn't extreme. My boobs are much more full now, which I like, but I have gained a little weight (about 3-5 pounds) which has proven hard to get rid of it."

SlpKB January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for just a few weeks but I love it. I've gone up a cup size and am happy about that. My acne is GONE - none at all and I used to break out badly on my back. My period is way lighter and cramps are much better than they used to be. The only reason I put 9 instead of 10 is because it makes me very moody/irritable sometimes."

Cj561 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Acne "I've been on yaz for about 3 months because of my severe acne. In the first two months my acne remained the same but my boobs increased in about a size and a half, which my doctor warned me about. It doesnt bother me as now my breast are fuller/ rounder however I have quite a few stretch marks. So I'd recommend using bio oil on your chest and hips for the first few months on yaz just in case this happenes to you. At around month 3 my skin is not breaking out anywhere near as much. I'm amazed by my skin, it's never been so good. Overall I have never been so happy with my skin and I haven't even finished my third month. I still feel it getting better every day. I have experienced no other side effects beside slight fatigue."

Anonymous January 12, 2016

For Acne "Hello I'm 21 years of age I've had combination moderate acne since I was 13 years old, every cosmetic face wash or doctor prescriptions like antibiotics all never worked but in fact made it worse. I then got told about Yaz so I decided to give it a shot, 2 months in now and my face is more clearer than its ever been in my life! but just have a couple pimples left on my neck which should disappear... I haven't even been eating healthy either have had lots of chocolate and maccas the last few weeks which is a bonus lol but I would still recommend to drink lots of water and excercise at least 30mins every second day at the very least. I've also stopped using face washes and moisturisers all together. Hope this helps "

AnnalieseAnderson January 11, 2016

For Acne " Yaz ruined my face"

Anonymous January 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Caused major depression. Was on many strong medications for years before reading how Yaz could be the problem. Went off Yaz and depression disappeared. No more strong medication. No sex drive while on pill. Very dry during sex. Also had a terrible scarring breakout after coming off of it. Only gave it two stars because I did not get pregnant so it "did its jobs.""

Liz AR (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on YAZ since I was 16 (now 26). I used to be happy all the time, excited about life, enjoy sex and just fine. Since I've been taking YAZ I gone from mild to severe depression, anxiety attacks, uncontrolled bouts of crying, panic attacks and now I may have first signs of glaucoma. I now take high doses of antidepressants. My mental health shows no signs of improving. It has gotten worse as I have gotten older. I went to a psychiatrist a few years back and she put me on Prozac, but the symptoms have gotten worse. Now I'm on triple doses of anti-depressants. After reading these articles and the side effects of other users I'm confident it is the result of YAZ. I attend a medical school, so I shall have tests done next week."

CAL2016 January 3, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I started this pill because I was having crazy mood swings and just not feeling like myself at least 3 weeks out of the month. My doctor prescribed me this hoping it would also treat my acne along with PMDD. Well, the first month was pretty rough as far as my acne was concerned but it wasn't as bad as I've read in other reviews. I had a few painful cystic pimples within 2 weeks of taking Yaz. I felt really embarrassed because my old pill (loestrin) gave me clear skin and I wasn't used to acne anymore. Well now I'm about to start my 4 inactive pills and about 3 days ago my skin just cleared up like MAGIC. I read that it takes about 3 months to level out your hormones. But I finally feel like myself again! No more crazy crying fits!!"

Jasssss January 2, 2016

For Birth Control "If I could give negative ratings I would. I have been on yaz for 4 months now and started it as a means of tracking my periods, which were irregular before. Much to my dismay yaz didn't help in this respect at all, I can't depend on it at all. My periods are still irregular. I have also experienced extreme mood swings, crying over nothing, getting depressed over silly things that never used to effect me at all. I have now stopped taking yaz and I'm so much happier."

Jessi031 December 27, 2015