User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 26 reviews 72 medications

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 307 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Yaz

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Well, this was a last resort for my PMDD, which is pretty much destroying my life. I was VERY nervous about taking it - not interested in hair loss, weight gain etc. But I gave it a chance. 3 days in, developed a cluster of hives on left hand, and one on right hand. Extremely itchy. Absolutely no other changes in my products/lifestyle/food/etc.. So I know it's Yaz. Also all over burning/itchiness. Sun & showers make it worse. On day 4, realized I felt less..calm.. more anxious. Also finding it difficult to sleep. Doc claimed 'unlikely Yaz causing this'. Yeah, right. Told me to take Zyrtec for symptoms. Nope. This isn't working for me."

pmsinferno June 19, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I started Yaz a few months ago and so far the results are unimpressive. Primarily I went on the pill the regulate my extremely heavy and long periods as a bonus I was using it as a contraceptive. Contraceptive wise it was a dream, but it did absolutely nothing for my periods, the pain was still there and instead of being 8 days they are now 10 or 11. I also got horrible mood swings, and I suffer from depression so I really didn't think I would get any 'lower' but on this pill I really have. My emotions are just all over the place. If you are going to go on this pill I would definitely do proper research. I have decided to stop taking it."

lpet76 June 11, 2015

For Acne "I have been using yaz for about 2 months now and it as made my acne so much worse. I never have cystic acne in my life and now I'm getting it all over my cheeks where I never use to have acne. My acne was mild before but now looks severe from all the red marks of healing old hyper pigmentation. I'm 15 and obessed with my skin, and can't look people in the eyes and go out. I'm so fed up and I'm going on accutane in 3 days. yaz may work for some people but I'm telling you it throws your hormones to wack no matter what in the first month. Only difference I have seen on yaz is my whiteheads are smaller but skin is a lot worse over all. wishing you best of luck for finding something that works for you!"

ashghacns June 2, 2015

For Acne "March 2014 I started breaking out so bad I cried. I didn't know why I was breaking out because I was clear for fives years on ortho tri cyclen. All of sudden I had huge painful acne all of my chin and above my lip. I tried everything and nothing worked. Decemeber 2014 I finally tried yaz. At first my acne got worse and I started losing hope. But I imediallty noticed that I had fewer cystic pimples. Now it is May and I finally have clear skin. I still have a few red marks from scars and I get tiny little pimples but no where near what I had before. This stuff is amazing and I finally feel confident again. It started to really work for me on month 4 so give it time and don't give up."

Michelle Kolodka May 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Yaz for almost two months and I won't be continuing with this pill. Almost immediately after I changed from Qlaira to Yaz I noticed my anxiety levels rising, I'm not one to constantly worry and have always had this joy for life, but not since taking Yaz. I don't even feel like waking up and doing what I love. My sex drive is very, very, very low and I'm very dry down there. I'm very moody and fight with my fiance on a daily basis. My breasts have gone up an entire cup size and they are really tende. I have severe abdominal pains and nausea. I cannot wait to start a different pill."

FrankieSweeting May 11, 2015

For Acne "Checking back in from my previous post. I just started my 3rd week on my 3rd pack. First, I never write reviews and second I'm so mad it's taken me this long to try yaz. I can't believe how my skin looks! SO CLEAR! I had zero faith in this birth control,I've tried everything. 1month ago I was hiding in my room wanting to get off this stuff. The initial breakout was bad, definitely made it worse by picking at it. I don't remember the last time my face has looked this clear! This was my dermatologist last try before the dreaded accutane. The last 2 years has been filled with nasty chin/jaw breakouts. First time in 2 years I have no breakouts. THANK YOU MAKERS OF YAZ. Please please please give it 3-4 months before giving up."

KSUgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Yaz almost 3 months ago. I was put on Yaz for hormonal acne (chin and jaw line). I've had TERRIBLE experiences with birth control, weight gain, acne, mood swings, etc. I was nervous to start Yaz. Within a week my acne was completely gone! I did not experience any mood swings or weight gain! No "hungry all the time feeling." I was beyond excited. I started my 2nd pack and my face lit up like never before. Probably the worst breakouts I've ever had. I just finished my 2nd pack and my face is finally clearing up. Im just dealing with the aftermath from the breakouts (purple blue spots). I'm guessing my body was just getting used to the hormones. I'll check back in after month 3! Hopefully it will continue to clear up!"

Ksugirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2015

For Acne "Yaz was my best friend. I began the pill when I was 15 for irregular periods but I didn't expect it to clear my skin the way it did. It cleared my face, back, and chest. I mean I finally got compliments on my skin. I got pregnant a month after I stopped taking it and my skin was worse than ever. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is because it didn't work for me after giving birth. It gave me migraines and the acne didn't clear up. However, I'm almost positive it was due to me not taking it religiously like I did in high school."

Julie from NC April 21, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "My dermatologist recommended Yaz for my acne. However I also have horrible menstrual cycles and let me tell you, you cannot go wrong with Yaz. I hardly felt any pain. My acne was basically gone also. Now all I have is some dark spots here and there"

starshanelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2015

For Acne "I was prescribed Yaz but my doc told me to ask for the "generic brand" and so I did as directed. However I had only looked up reviews for Yaz but not for Vestura the generic brand. I settled and after getting home I did my research on Vestura. Now I realize birth controls will effect people differently and there are going to be great reviews and terrible ones but vestura only had terrible reviews. I took Vestura anyway and wow biggest mistake ever!!! DO NOT TAKE VESTURA! SPEND THE MONEY ON YAZ! Vestura made me have the worst mood swings, crying for hours about nothing, and then hyper the next minute. For the 3 weeks I have been on Yaz I have been 100% myself, even lost 6 pounds and skin clearing! Love it!!!"

KenzieH March 9, 2015

For Acne "I started Yaz about 3 months ago and like many of you, I have zero faith in it's ability to help my acne. I've had cystic acne for about 3 years and although it was never awful, I always had at least one or two unsightly blemishes. It took about 3 months to really work, and the first 3 weren't awful but they weren't great. If you have acne and are looking for relief, TRY YAZ! It's honestly amazing. Seriously. I've never posted anything before, I truly believe in this stuff."

screengirl7691 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

For Acne "Love this! I was a little discouraged at first because the magic number of 3 months didn't work for me. However when I hit 4 months all of my back acne was gone and my face had totally cleared up. I've never seen anything like it. I still get the odd zit and for individuals who react well with Yaz I find that acne can be caused by eating dairy products. I don't doubt if I cut milk and cheese out of my diet, as well as continued on the pill I would have 0 acne at all."

EmmaKnutsen January 12, 2015

For Acne "I wish this was around back when I was in high school! I have struggled with acne for my whole teen/adult life. I have taken Yaz on and off for 8 years now, and my skin never looks better than when I'm on Yaz. The doc took me off last year because I was getting headaches and she was concerned the estrogen in the Pill was causing it, but after a year on the mini pill with the same frequency of headaches and the added terribleness of deep cystic acne, I am happily back on Yaz and already seeing an improvement in my skin. Only complaint (mainly from my husband) is a slightly lowered sex drive."

andelicar January 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 18 years old and I started taking Yaz when I was 14 for the use of treating acne. It did not do much for my acne so I began taking Accutane. I stayed on Yaz because you need to be on 2 forms of birth control when taking Accutane. My acne went away, and then I got a boyfriend so I stayed on Yaz. I've been using Yaz for over 4 years in all of my teen years and let me just say, this stuff is amazing for preventing pregnancy. The pills are a miracle. I didn't really gain weight on this product, I developed breasts rapidly! I've never taken any other types of birth control, but I give YAZ five stars. Good luck!"

Calichick January 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Yas a few years ago and I stopped. I had no problems with it and it did clear up my acne, which was mild anyway. When I started it up again, there are two things I don't like about it: 1. normally my periods are very heavy on day two and taper off at a five, they also pushed back every month by about a week. With Yaz, my periods are much lighter to the point where I'm only spotting but then I'm spotting for almost a week and a half and even though I'm on the blanks, my period does not start now until almost the second week of my new pack. 2. My breasts are extremely tender ALL.MONTH.LONG! At first, I didn't mind because my breasts grew by almost a full cup. I can hardly hug people! I don't know if I'll continue or at least take a break."

joyazgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2015

For Birth Control "Yaz has been a complete lifesaver. I used to suffer with heavy bleeding and cramps that had me bedridden. I've been on Yaz since 16 and I don't regret it at all. I have absolutely no side effects and there is no complications with my health either. If you're a first timer - Yaz is the way to go."

PMS = Pretty Mad Sister (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for 3 years now and it really helped with a lot of things. My mild acne cleared up and I have beautiful skin, and before Yaz I had very irregular periods that would last for 2 weeks at a time. Yaz controlled my period and I only have it for about 3-4 days and it is very light. I do get moody while taking the white pills (last 4 pills) and I hate everything, but I've always been like that and it only lasts a few days. It has helped a great deal in preventing pregnancy, since I don't always use condoms. I would definitely recommend this pill."

Anonymous December 27, 2014

For Acne "I suffered from pretty bad acne. Everyday I would wake up with lots of whiteheads even some blackheads too, my acne was also very red, over my nose, chin, cheek and forehead area. I took Yaz for three months and it does wonders to your skin, I no longer suffer with waking up with lots of whiteheads or blackheads and I have seen a change in my skin. I will continue to take Yaz to keep improving my skin!"

Anonymous December 22, 2014

For Acne "I've taken Yaz for 3 months now and it has cleared up 90% of my acne. All I have left are some tiny clogged pores which are clearing. I have adult acne and tried every OTC, prescription, and expensive creams, microdermabrasion etc and nothing worked. Previously intolerant to the pill, but on Yaz I'm calm, happy, no problems. Be warned, the first 6 weeks your face will look horrendous, worse than ever, but it gets so much better."

Bearbelle December 8, 2014

For Acne "I've been taking Yaz for three months for adult acne that was unresponsive to just about every skincare/formulation/medication/creams/makeup on the market. I had tried everything but the pill (Yaz) for several years due to becoming depressed/irritable on other contraceptive pills previously. This is the only thing that has worked! I'm so happy. The first 6 weeks made my skin much much worse but now, I'm clear for the first time in years. My breasts are fuller also which is a bonus."

Chebear (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2014

For Acne "I love Yaz! I was first put on it 2 years ago to help get rid of my acne and within the first 3 months my skin started clearing and have been acne free since. It did make me put on a little bit of weight but zero mood swings and no change to my sex drive. My periods have become a lot lighter and last shorter days (usually 3-4 days) I highly recommend this pill but the only downside is you do have to take it everyday"

happy customer November 27, 2014

For Acne "I am now on my 5th month of Yaz and I have zero acne, best decision I've ever made. I first started noticing a difference after the 2sd week, the acne I had started healing and I stopped breaking out (I use get at least one or two new pimples a week, and get a bunch around my period) after the first month I stopped getting acne all together and I only had some scars. By the second month my scar finally faded and now in my fifth month my skin is completely clear. Everyone is different but I would definitely recommend trying this!"

Anonymous November 26, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on yaz for 8 months, the first 5 months were great, but now im having my period for 3 weeks per month. It goes away the first week of my pills and comes back 2nd week... time to switch. I had zero breakouts and i lost 10 pounds that was great though"

Starxoxo November 13, 2014

For Acne "I am almost finished my first pack of Yaz, at first my acne seemed to be going away but now it's just getting worse. My cheeks are all red and splotchy, I have huge cystic breakouts on my chin. I have tried everything to make my acne go away, it's gotten to the point where I feel so depressed and it's all I think about. I'm hoping after a couple more weeks it will start to improve a bit because right now it is terrible!"

mollygirl1410 October 18, 2014

For Birth Control "Made me vomit up to three times a day on random days .. Up to the third month. Gave me horrible nightmares every night not one missed starting last month. Love working out don't have energy to do it anymore. Sleep way too much 13 hours or more a day with naps. Depression before I went to sleep sometime I would cry my eyeballs out. Did not gain weight on it and I have the most amazing skin you can think of and period for only two days. Let's weight this out here, NO Can't do it. Switching to mini pills!"

Candy1092 October 10, 2014