User Reviews for Yaz

Birth Control 171 reviews 249 medications

6.8
Summary of Yaz reviews 303 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Yaz

For Acne "I'm very confused about my experience on Yaz. Had no initial breakout and my skin was improving up until about a month and half ago. There were minor breakouts every now and then though. Yet lately (after 7 and half months) my skin has been breaking out constantly. Big pimples mostly along my chin and jawline but few on my lip and cheeks too. I'm going to see my GP as soon as possible to see whether this is just a random flare up or whether Yaz is just not for me. I suppose it works differently for everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2012

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 16 years old and have been taking Yaz for four months now to lighten my period and help with PMS. It has really helped me. It took my body the first few months to get used to it (I had mild breakouts, mood swings, tender breasts and little if no change in period flow or PMS), but after about two months it has worked quite well. My periods are lighter, I rarely get cramps and when I do they are very mild and it has also made my skin softer and clearer. I don't get as moody or as emotional either. I would say the only down fall is that I crave food a lot, but that might have nothing to do with Yaz, and besides I don't think my weight has changed more than a pound. Good experience so far."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for over a year now. At first, it was wonderful for me because it helped eliminate the painful cramps I was suffering before and I had no side effects. I lost weight and had no acne. BUT, for the past 2 months I've been extremely moody, depressed, tired and just not myself. I can't wait to go see my doctor to switch! It's affecting my social life big time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 13, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for five years now and LOVE it. I've had no issues and it kept the major cramps, acne, and babies away. I started at 16 and am now 21. I actually have to switch because I've been having breakthrough bleeding a lot, but this is the first time in five years I've had to deal with it. Might just be from my hormones changing with getting older. I'm very sad I'll be leaving Yaz and will be sure to return to it if this next one doesn't work. It's treated me great!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been taking Yaz for about 4 years now and it started to stop working. My periods got heavier and heavier and I even started before I was supposed to I'm starting to worry."

Aireal McKay June 7, 2012

For Menstrual Disorders "I started taking Yaz in 2007 due to extremely long periods. I was not sexually active when I first started taking Yaz. After about a year, I was switched to Ocella, but it was still basically the same thing. I Ocella for just under 5 years. I stopped taking it one month ago. I had ZERO sex drive, very poor natural lubrication, and cramps that had me doubled over every few months. I never really got pimples, so that's a plus. But I still had longer periods than I would have liked. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2012

For Birth Control "I got on Yaz right when in 2007. I have been on it ever since than. I've thought about switching because of all the negative stories and scary side effects people are claiming Yaz has. But honestly, I love this birth control. I don't have any symptoms during my period. I don't get cramps, bloating, etc. Although, I do get acne during my period, but it consist of 2-3 pimples that go away when my period stops. My period only lasts 3 days, it's light, and before Yaz I'd last up to 7 days and it was very heavy. I have nothing bad to say about it and would recommend it to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2012

For Birth Control "I was on Lutera before it was suggested that I switch to the generic form of Yaz in order to help clear up my skin. so I did. For the first weeks or so I was very tired and had excruciating headaches, both of which were very out of character for me. This resolved after about a week. As for my skin it took probably about 4 months to clear up, but after it cleared up it stayed that way, thanks to Yaz. On the negative side, this pill brought my libido into the negative. Also dryness became an issue which of course further effected my libido in a negative way, besides just being embarrassing in general. Now my insurance has decided to no longer cover it so I am switching, I am worried about my skin, but excited to have my sex life back."

lucy375 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2012

For Birth Control "Hi All, I was on Yasmin for some 9 years and just moved onto Yaz 4 months ago. I loved Yaz for the first month however, I am now finding that I have TERRIBLE mood swings...VERY emotional...cry for no apparent reason and get very angry! I've also found that I have zero sex drive. The only time I have one is when I am on the sugar pills..for the rest of the month I just feel numb! Hasn't any one else had a similar experience? I'm thinking of trying the Merino Coil...any ideas? Thanks :)"

Boo02 May 9, 2012

For Birth Control "I'm 26 and was on Yaz for 8 months, first time taking birth control pills. I had very tender breasts and a light two-week period for the first month. It made my acne disappear and made my body hair slightly thinner/took care of a weird chin hair that I had. No noticeable weight gain or loss. I had vaginal dryness throughout, just took a little more time to get me going although no change in sex drive. Experienced vaginal irritation post-pill due to soap I was using. Periods never got lighter/shorter. Only slightly reduced PMS (cramps, bloating, etc.)"

Ally D. April 16, 2012

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been suffering from PMDD since I was 13. Now at age 41 finally Yaz dramatically changed my life."

Anonymous March 9, 2012

"I miss Yaz! My insurance company won't cover the brand name now that it's got a generic (Gianvi). I was on Yaz for 4 years, and I had a great experience. My acne went away completely, PMS was more tolerable, my periods were short (3 days), and my breasts even grew, which I really like! The only problem was that I had to stop wearing contacts because my eyes got dry, but the drying effect only bothered my eyes with Yaz. Definitely would recommend!"

Anonymous March 4, 2012

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Started taking Yaz for heavy periods and very severe PMS/PMDD. Two weeks in to the first pack and I started bleeding. Not just normal but really bad bleeding. A week later and I was in the emergency room being admitted for severe blood loss and had 3 units of blood transfused."

texascandy February 19, 2012

For Birth Control "YAZ is wonderful! I was on it a year ago but lost my INS so stopped using it but I'm back on it now. I went to a new doctor and she first gave me a different pill which made me moody and have little to no sex drive which for a 22yr old is a bit ridiculous, but YAZ once again made everything better. My breasts grew a bit my appetite is back to normal rather than eating all the time and my sex drive is very much up to par. I've always gotten headaches before I start my period so that was nothing new. My one negative is the cramping when I forget to take it but even that isn't bad."

Anonymous February 3, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for four years and haven't had ANY negative effects. It controls my hormones and lightens up my period plus great for your face if you have acne. Ever since I've been on it I haven't had acne. I recommend this mostly to teens for acne and hormones."

Anonymous February 1, 2012

"It made me a lot more emotional and anti- social. I also gained weight but that's expected in birth control."

Anonymous January 16, 2012

For Menstrual Disorders "Not a lot of side effects compared to other birth controls I have been on. Breasts have gotten quite big and heavy, not a fan of this but the boyfriend is. I'm starting month 3 and last period came a day after stopped taking active pills, first month on it didn't start until I started active pills again so my body is adjusting well. All in all its the best pill I have taken. I much prefer the copper IUD but have a bicornuate uterus so cannot use IUD. "

Anonymous January 2, 2012

For Birth Control "If you were moody or depressed before, this pill should not be your "go to" pill. The bottom line is it prevents unwanted pregnancies with some positive and negative side effects. I personally, love it! I gave lost 20 plus pounds (although I am a runner), and my periods are very light."

SBSterling December 29, 2011

For Menstrual Disorders "For years I never had a regular period. Sometimes they would even be 6 months apart. With a busy lifestyle it is extremely hard to prepare for periods when it is unpredictable when they will be. With Yaz I have an idea of when I get them, usually exactly a month apart. It also helps my acne and I have not gained any weight. For anyone with irregular periods use this product it helps so much and you won't regret it."

Anonymous December 18, 2011

For Birth Control "The only good thing that came from Yaz was that it completely cleared up my mild acne, I mean flawless skin. However, I went from a 34 a to a 34 d in 3 months and gained 15 pounds that no matter how much I exercised I couldn't lose. Another negative it gave me chronic headaches and an upset stomach 24/7. Another plus was that I didn't get pregnant on this pill! Overall great pill for acne, bad for other side effects."

Anonymous December 12, 2011

For Acne "I used to get breakouts on my chin area, and have rough skin on my cheeks and forehead with red blotches. My dermatologist recommended the Lady Soma Renewal Serum - WOW. This has totally changed my skin into even toned, soft and blemish free. It is way cheaper than other retinol creams, and works great. I highly recommend it - it only took like a week for me to notice a real change, and after a few weeks I am amazed."

Anonymous December 8, 2011

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been taking Yaz for roughly around 7 years, it was a miracle pill for my PMDD when I first started taking it. Over the past 3-4 years I have not been feeling up to par. Severe allergies, fatigue, mouth ulcers, no interest in sex, moodiness and stomach pain are just a few of the things I had been experiencing. After a bout of moodiness and having to be talked to twice at work (this never happens, I pride myself in my work ethics) I finally decided to check into the background and rare side effects of Yaz, I have been experiencing all of them! I'm not suggesting this will happen to everyone but if you start to not quite feel yourself it never hurts to check into your medications background. I will stop taking Yaz!"

Anonymous December 2, 2011

For Birth Control "I was on the pill called Diane when I was in my early 20s and found that it made me anxious and depressed. I went off the pill all together because it scared me. I found that I started to break out after I got off it and no matter what face products I used, the pimples would not go away. I then went to my GP and explained the effects that I got from my recent experience with the pill. She then recommended that I try Yaz. It was the best advise I have ever been given. It took a few months to kick in but my period pains aren't as bad as they used to be, I'm happier, my sex drive is great and my pimples are finally clearing up! Although this has worked for me, I would suggest speaking with your GP to see if this is right for you."

Tiff2011 November 26, 2011

For Birth Control "Great ...I'm not pregnant."

salKarfhbdj November 18, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for about 3 years now. I was initially worried about it due to the bad media, but I was assured those issues had been resolved and were rare. I was put on Yaz due to my bad acne. Ever since taking it my periods have been lighter, shorter, my acne has lessened (not disappeared), and have gained no weight (at least due to the pill). I do have major migraines, but its due to an eye condition. At first I had emotional issues I believe were caused by the pill and a low sex drive. But after 3 months of use everything leveled out and was eventually better than when I started. The only problem I've ever had was when I was taken off Yaz for about 2 months due to insurance issues."

Anonymous October 29, 2011