User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 28 reviews 72 medications

6.6
Summary of Yaz reviews 318 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Yaz

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Like most people have said, Yaz changed my life. I've been on it for a few years for PMDD and I can really tell a huge difference. Before PMDD I was severely depressed and suicidal. Now, I'm barely even moody. As a 21 year old though, I'm worried about relying on Yaz for the rest of my life. "

anneval February 11, 2013

"I've been on the Yaz pill for a year and a half now due to problems with my ovaries. When I first started I had my period for 29 days. After that everything has been perfect, my skin cleared and I didn't gain weight or get moody at all. Now I've been off it for two months and I've gained weight, got horrid skin and moody and short tempered. That's my only down side. I've had the biggest problem as a teen its hard to get the money for this expensive pill that not only prevents unwanted pregnancy but also helps with medical issues. I live in a small town with only two chemists and cheapest is $87. 00"

kace67 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been experimenting with different brands of birth control for 15 years. I took every pill under the sun, including the shot but always suffered terrible side effects from nausea and vomiting, to crazy mood swings, depression, anxiety and weight gain. Yaz is the ONLY pill I've been able to tolerate. I have very minimal side effects (some breast tenderness, occasional spotting). My skin looks great, I have more energy, I haven't gained a single pound, my periods are light, I still have a sex drive, and my emotions are not all over the place. I get that everyone is different and what works for some may be a nightmare for others, but if you've not been able to tolerate any other brands I'd give Yaz a try."

JB3198 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2013

For Acne "Started Yaz a little over a week. I decided to go on for birth control reason, but also to help with what I think to be hormone related acne. I would get a few pimples here and there, sometimes some bad breakouts around my period but nothing too drastic. My skin was clear when I started the pack, but the very next day after taking the first pill I started to breakout. I got large, painful cysts on my left cheek and some smaller pimples on my chin. It started with just one but it seemed as though a new cyst was forming every day. I have been drinking as much water as possible, eating lots of fruits and veggies, no dairy, limited sugar, to try and help with the breakout. So far no improvement. "

AZE (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "This is my second day on Yaz. I have been on countless other birth control such as Marvelon, Tri-cyclen Lo, Demulen, and most recently, Aviane. When I was on Marvelon, I never noticed anything while I was taking the pills side effect wise, but my periods were unbearably heavy. On Tri-cyclen, my period was light, but it never stopped, for 3 months! On Demulen I went into a deep depression that I am still getting over. And finally, on Aviane, it was great, but I gained about 40 lbs in the past year. I went on Yaz to help keep me upbeat and happy (coupled with my daily dose of Prozac), and to hopefully help me shed some weight and give me comfortable and short periods. So far, so good. High libido and no negative side effects except slight headache."

guitarheroine91 (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2012

For Acne "I had terrible hormonal acne to where I got a new zit or cyst on a daily basis, I never wanted to leave the house and I could hardly interact with my boyfriend or friends. Yaz used to keep my skin clear then I stopped taking it because I was afraid of health risks, but my skin was so uncontrollable (even on a raw vegan diet, lots of water, yoga, etc.) that I really didn't care. The first month my cheeks broke out and I was worried if it would work again, but now, at month three I can eat chocolate all day wash my face whenever and I don't get more than a whitehead here or there that goes away in a day, and it's only getting better. Yay to yaz! Just give it time!"

Anonymous November 3, 2012

For Birth Control "This was my first experience with birth control. From a physical side it was great, lighter, shorter periods and no side effects. But it turned me into a miserable, emotional mess. Almost ruined my relationship with my mood swings, neediness and constant breakdowns. It took a long time for me to begin suspecting Yaz, and it was only when the pharmacy was out and gave me Yasmin instead that my suspicions were confirmed, I am 100 % happier and more emotionally stable now."

ninjakowski (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2012

For Birth Control "This is my second month on Yaz. I'm 16, I have had my period for 3 weeks! It won't stop."

alecis (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2012

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been on Gianvi for about 5 years or more. I have severe PMDD problems, as well as a family history of severe period problems as well (too heavy bleeding, cramps, etc). Yaz has improved my PMDD symptoms by about 80%. It also makes my periods very light and easy with no cramps. I also have bad hormonal acne and Yaz clears my skin and makes it glow. I still get 1 or 2 pimples around my period but that's it. I went off Yaz for 9 months and it gave me horrible rebound cystic acne that makes me reinstate (my skin was getting ruined!) I am staying on it indefinitely and am fine with that. I love it."

Anonymous October 5, 2012

For Acne "I've been on Yaz for about 3 months and so far it has been great. I've suffered from acne since I was 12 (I'm 30 now) to the extent that it's really had a negative effect on my life but now it's almost all cleared up. I barely even need to wear makeup anymore. There has been no weight gain except for slightly bigger breasts and it's great knowing when my period is going to come. Previously it would come randomly. It also doesn't last as long, now only 4 or 5 days when before it could be 7 or 8."

Suzbee30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2012

For Birth Control "I actually loved Yaz. I wasn't moody and lost about 20 lbs on it. I don't think the weight loss was just from taking the pill but it wasn't at all hard to shed the extra pounds through a little exercise on this. "

Anonymous September 4, 2012

For Birth Control "I wanted to say I had high hopes for this pill. I was on Alesse before Yaz. It was great at first but then Alesse started to make me depressed after 5 months. My doctor prescribed Yaz. Usually I'm very cheerful and happy, especially these days when NOTHING IS WRONG. Day 1 on Yaz I started to have anxiety and panic attacks about every little thing. Day 2 I would cry for no reason and felt anxious all day, if I wasn't crying it was because I was distracting myself from the bad thoughts that kept creeping up on me. Day 3 I couldn't be alone without freaking out, just panic attacks. I can't function like this!!"

Anonymous August 15, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on YAZ for 18 months. Since starting Yaz, I've noticed no major weight changes (maybe lost a few pounds, but I attribute that to stress) and some minor acne breakouts. The biggest three changes were mood swings, change in menstrual flow, and a HUGE decrease in libido. My husband noticed my mood swings and said I seem to be overall less enthusiastic about life. My flow changed to some very strange bleeding (heavy in the morning, nonexistent at night, sometimes lasting 10 days). Overall, my period flow was lighter, I just couldn't seem to get a normal flow. The lack of libido has been a huge deal in my marriage. I went from wanting sex a few times a week to not wanting it at ALL."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 7, 2012

For Birth Control "I started Yaz and immediately noticed my anxiety levels go through the roof, particularly within the first two hours of taking it. I was jittery, had mild heart palpitations, fogginess, indecisiveness, restless sleep and was extremely depressive and teary. My skin also erupted with acne. Upside: I lost a ton of water weight and grew breasts! I gave up after 10 days, too many contraindications in too short amount of time. "

zoedee (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2012

For Birth Control "I had the worst mood swings on Yaz. Cried basically every day over the stupidest things, made me extremely tired and stressed, and made me gain a ton of weight. After a year of being on it I switched to Tri-cyclen and couldn't be happier."

r.alexis (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2012

For Acne "I'm very confused about my experience on Yaz. Had no initial breakout and my skin was improving up until about a month and half ago. There were minor breakouts every now and then though. Yet lately (after 7 and half months) my skin has been breaking out constantly. Big pimples mostly along my chin and jawline but few on my lip and cheeks too. I'm going to see my GP as soon as possible to see whether this is just a random flare up or whether Yaz is just not for me. I suppose it works differently for everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2012

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 16 years old and have been taking Yaz for four months now to lighten my period and help with PMS. It has really helped me. It took my body the first few months to get used to it (I had mild breakouts, mood swings, tender breasts and little if no change in period flow or PMS), but after about two months it has worked quite well. My periods are lighter, I rarely get cramps and when I do they are very mild and it has also made my skin softer and clearer. I don't get as moody or as emotional either. I would say the only down fall is that I crave food a lot, but that might have nothing to do with Yaz, and besides I don't think my weight has changed more than a pound. Good experience so far."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for over a year now. At first, it was wonderful for me because it helped eliminate the painful cramps I was suffering before and I had no side effects. I lost weight and had no acne. BUT, for the past 2 months I've been extremely moody, depressed, tired and just not myself. I can't wait to go see my doctor to switch! It's affecting my social life big time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 13, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for five years now and LOVE it. I've had no issues and it kept the major cramps, acne, and babies away. I started at 16 and am now 21. I actually have to switch because I've been having breakthrough bleeding a lot, but this is the first time in five years I've had to deal with it. Might just be from my hormones changing with getting older. I'm very sad I'll be leaving Yaz and will be sure to return to it if this next one doesn't work. It's treated me great!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been taking Yaz for about 4 years now and it started to stop working. My periods got heavier and heavier and I even started before I was supposed to I'm starting to worry."

Aireal McKay June 7, 2012

For Menstrual Disorders "I started taking Yaz in 2007 due to extremely long periods. I was not sexually active when I first started taking Yaz. After about a year, I was switched to Ocella, but it was still basically the same thing. I Ocella for just under 5 years. I stopped taking it one month ago. I had ZERO sex drive, very poor natural lubrication, and cramps that had me doubled over every few months. I never really got pimples, so that's a plus. But I still had longer periods than I would have liked. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2012

For Birth Control "I got on Yaz right when in 2007. I have been on it ever since than. I've thought about switching because of all the negative stories and scary side effects people are claiming Yaz has. But honestly, I love this birth control. I don't have any symptoms during my period. I don't get cramps, bloating, etc. Although, I do get acne during my period, but it consist of 2-3 pimples that go away when my period stops. My period only lasts 3 days, it's light, and before Yaz I'd last up to 7 days and it was very heavy. I have nothing bad to say about it and would recommend it to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2012

For Birth Control "I was on Lutera before it was suggested that I switch to the generic form of Yaz in order to help clear up my skin. so I did. For the first weeks or so I was very tired and had excruciating headaches, both of which were very out of character for me. This resolved after about a week. As for my skin it took probably about 4 months to clear up, but after it cleared up it stayed that way, thanks to Yaz. On the negative side, this pill brought my libido into the negative. Also dryness became an issue which of course further effected my libido in a negative way, besides just being embarrassing in general. Now my insurance has decided to no longer cover it so I am switching, I am worried about my skin, but excited to have my sex life back."

lucy375 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2012

For Birth Control "Hi All, I was on Yasmin for some 9 years and just moved onto Yaz 4 months ago. I loved Yaz for the first month however, I am now finding that I have TERRIBLE mood swings...VERY emotional...cry for no apparent reason and get very angry! I've also found that I have zero sex drive. The only time I have one is when I am on the sugar pills..for the rest of the month I just feel numb! Hasn't any one else had a similar experience? I'm thinking of trying the Merino Coil...any ideas? Thanks :)"

Boo02 May 9, 2012

For Birth Control "I'm 26 and was on Yaz for 8 months, first time taking birth control pills. I had very tender breasts and a light two-week period for the first month. It made my acne disappear and made my body hair slightly thinner/took care of a weird chin hair that I had. No noticeable weight gain or loss. I had vaginal dryness throughout, just took a little more time to get me going although no change in sex drive. Experienced vaginal irritation post-pill due to soap I was using. Periods never got lighter/shorter. Only slightly reduced PMS (cramps, bloating, etc.)"

Ally D. April 16, 2012