User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Review Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Bipolar Disorder

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been taking Wellbutrin SR for about 4 yrs. In combo with a few other different meds. I didn't think I would ever find my cocktail. But recently I do believe I finally have found it. So I'm on Wellbutrin SR, Seroquel, and Klonopin. I was taking Lamictal and Ativan before. But unfortunately got the Lamictal rash. I love the combo I have now. I have been sleeping like a baby. No more 100 miles an hour at bedtime."

JMarie Happy May 18, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Klonopin helps my social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder associated with Bipolar Disorder I. I've been taking 1mg twice per day for 8 years and works great. I'm able to get things done without thinking something terrible is going to happen."

chrisbce (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have bipolar 2 disorder and of course clonazepam remedies my anxious manic states with speed and grace."

Frozenaddict (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Prescribed 2mg 1x day take for sleep or rest for manic episodes. I had been going on 80 hours no sleep and no relief with current meds. Dr. Prescribed this immediately and within 90 minutes I was calmed down and able to sleep. Highly recommend for anyone who has had failure with other medications as I have."

moparguy (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

"I take 2mg 3 x a day. I don't feel weird. I feel normal. No side effects noted."

Dirty Drew (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Love this medicine. Great for bipolar and anxiety. I try not to use it all the time, it won't work the same if you take it all the time. This medicine is safe. I see some people have be on it for over 20 years!"

JakeFukk (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Helped with the manic episode"

bigbie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2014

"I have anxiety attacks, restlessness, post traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder. My Dr put me on 1 mg Klonopin about a year ago and now I can handle life again. Since age 19 when my mother died I have had post traumatic stress disorder and major anxiety problems. But since doc put me on this the whole family says I'm a different person. It also controls my bipolar disorder I no longer (flip out) as my daughter calls it. So yes I agree that it is a miracle."

Calm in Ky (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It seemed to work well for the first year or so but I have been on it and am at the maximum dosage and now I have been on it for 10 years and it does not seem to help now."

stable gucurious (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've been taking it for 2-3 years now and is the only thing that helps my panic attacks, consoling and other things just don't work for me. I was taking 1mg 3x a day but I'm down to 2x a day."

hollylaine May 14, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Like night and day. My Wife Loves my change in moods. I have also been able to stay on tasks 100% better."

Mr/Gettin/By (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It really calms me down when I get acute panic attacks. Dr. allows me to take up to one 2 mg tab as needed during day. I do find myself taking up to 2 tabs a day and 1 at night to help with sleep. Nothing else seems to work."

Strashine May 1, 2014

"I have bipolar type 1. I was on many medications over the years. None of them very effective. I've been hospitalized on many different occasions. I was in a outpatient program. At that time Seroquel had just come out. It did half or less of the Seroquel XR, this was a major game changer for me. Clonazepam has been literally a life saver for me. It stops my thoughts from going out of control. When a major situation happens I'm able to stay calm and not act on impulse. When driving if someone is going too slow and catch a red light it takes away a lot of the anger I would feel I would say be %85 but flare ups can happen on a MUCH lower scale. One more medicine that can help is lamotrigine."

BIPOLar1whatfun March 28, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It helps with my anxiety"

Jackie100480 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Takes away anxiety fast."

big Jimmy long February 20, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Since I was 13 years old. Anxiety has been a severely debilitating issue in my life. It's destroyed most of the relationships in my life and stopped me from maturing as a person in terms of moving up in the job field. A lot of people would consider me weird, because of becoming Very reclusive due to my anxiety disorder. When I am on Klonopin... IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I have a lot of energy, motivation and I'm anxiety free. The most I've taken consecutively was 2mg for about 2 weeks and after stopping for about 2-3 days after that I'd never feel any withdrawal effects. This is usually the cycle I use. The quality of my life is drastically better on Benzodiazapine medication."

BiPolar Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 30, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've used it on and off for 15 years. It works fast for my anxiety. While I only use it infrequently, it has always been safe and effective."

BPoppe (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking Klonopin recently, and I'm mixing it with Vybriid and Lamictal. It helps so much. At night it takes the edge off. I take 0.5mg, sometimes 1mg to help me out more. I haven't had as bad of racing thoughts while I'm trying to fall asleep and I end up sleeping like a baby. The after effects is a little bit of groggyness but it's worth it. The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like smoking cigarettes after I take it. Overall, it's great and stops the mania as well as depression."

sweeetdee September 29, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Great."

blairhmn (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 27, 2013

"I've been on this medicine for about a month. I am currently on 1 mg 3x daily. There is no kick to it, in that it's so smooth I'm not sure it's working. I have less outbursts so I think it helps with that."

Yevgeniya April 23, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about 6 years ago and had my share of trying different medications to get it under control. After multiple trials with medicines my doctor finally found the right combination for me (Lexapro, lithium, (Depakote had sexual side effects), Synthroid, trazodone at night, multivitamins and B-1 vitamin). This combination worked great to get my mood swings under control. Once my mood swings were under control, I started having extreme anxiety attacks. I was then diagnosed with anxiety disorder as well. My doctor prescribed 0.75 mg Klonopin 3 times a day, as needed and it is a lifesaver. Klonopin knocks my anxiety down within 15 min. I have been taking it for 3 yrs with great results."

ohio*buckeyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I am bipolar on 500mg Lamictal, 1200mg gabapentin and prescribed Klonopin. I am prescribed to take it 1.0 two times a day but don't need to often. When I am hysterical or very angry in which I want to hit someone or tell them off which happens sometimes you take half usually and it works. I take a whole one if its too much to handle. I don't use it all the time sometimes not even for a week. It's wonderful for those out if control moments! Klonopin is much better for bipolar, to use than Xanax. Xanax had no effect in me at all!"

Wkumomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Started taking this med for bipolar disorder and it's been working for 6 months it helps me rest at night. I have tried many other medicines but inconjunction with Wellbutrin antidepressant it seems to be great. I hope I never have another episode again and this will continue to work for me."

SunshineEmmy March 3, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Initially found I would wake up groggy but after a few days this really helped calm me. I take it in combination with Seroquel, Buspar and Wellbutrin. Coming off Effexor due to the sexual side effects and up to 75gm/day. Also on Adderall twice a day and find the combination helps me concentrate and feel much better about myself. Before this combination I was suicidal. Now, I even look forward to the next day. I can't guarantee this combination works for everyone but I've tried MANY with limited success so it's refreshing to know something is working and if I could help another person feel the way I feel."

Paullan February 15, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Stops panic attacks dead in their tracks at a high enough dose, but even my prescribed dose is enough to calm things down after about 40 minutes so I can think. Doesn't help when I'm manic/hypomanic, but has stopped me from doing more than a couple of silly things while depressed."

Ori (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2013