User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 4)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 7 reviews 17 medications

Anxiety 388 reviews 63 medications

6.7
Panic Disorder 47 reviews 19 medications

6.2
Summary of Buspirone reviews 442 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Buspirone

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I love this med no side effects no problems at all just stopped my massive anxiety problems I was having almost weekly and I mean want to run to get out of my skin anxiety.. Panic attacks to the max"

Sargem November 9, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I took BuSpar for a few days for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but it cause a "tic" in my eye. My eyelid would flicker uncontrollably every once in a while. Apparently this is pretty serious, and can actually be permanent even after ending the medication, which was very scary. Luckily for me, the tic went away when I stopped taking it."

charger1994 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "BuSpar is the only medication that has worked with minimal side effects for me. Only downside is that I get a bit dizzy and hot after taking my morning pill. I'm on 10mg twice a day, and it has made such a difference in my life. So thankful for a medication that finally works!"

FunSized98 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was given this for anxiety and wasn't able to take it longer than week. I had weird dizzy spells after taking a low dose and after about a week the muscles in my face were spasming. This was the first time trying to help my anxiety with medications."

Ashybear (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

For Anxiety: "Very mild antianxiety pill. Super Love it. You're lucky if some doc reccomended it to you."

sandpiper111 November 3, 2015

For Anxiety: "I love buspirone for anxiety attacks I'm on 15mg three times daily, I have taken nearly every medicine for anxiety there is but this one is the jackpot not a single attack since a week after I started taking it.. Big 10 stars I know Med's work different for others but this is the good one zero side affects I don't know I even take it except I'm not freaking out ..."

Sargem November 2, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been taking Buspar for 1 week and I'm noticing subtle good changes. My Dr. Prescribed 10 mg 2x day, I read good things before I started on them and since I'm very sensitive to medicine and didn't wanna jump in with the dose and then it make me sick and me not want to continue, so I started very slow 5 mg in the am (have something small to eat made me a little nauseous) and 5 mg at night. I can notice even that low I'm not as irritated or impatient when I drive, if I have to wait in line, even my daughter who's 11 says I seem more patient when she asks me a question. Very hopeful as I increase to the dose my Dr wants me at, it will be even better. I really hope this will be the last med I have to try."

Nytink (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have GAD, and after three years of taking care of my younger brother who has severe GAD as well as going through an episode of pyschosis, I was told by my pdoc that I have "caregiver's burnout". I was prescribed 20 mgs of Paxil every day and 15mg of Buspirone (Buspar) twice a day. It has been nearly a month now on these meds and I do see an improvement. I'm not sure which one is helping me more but my anxiety level has gone from an 8 or 9 every day to about a 5. I hope to see continued improvement."

JTChase (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "After my first dose on Sunday, I had a terrible migraine. I decided to take it once a day at night until I get used to it. I took it at night instead of taking it at the beginning of my 12 hour shifts (I'm a nurse). Yesterday was my first day of taking it twice a day as prescribed. I took the second dose at 10 PM. I woke up at 2 AM this morning with extreme dizziness and a profusely bleeding nose. I thought I was dizzy because of my allergy meds and being sleepy and I explained the bloody nose as being related to allergies. I went to work again today after taking my morning dose at 6 AM. At 10 AM I once again had a bleeding nose. I checked my blood pressure, and it was in the 150s when it normal runs less than 100. Will never take again"

Smt579 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "I am currently on Buspirone 7.5mg twice daily for postpartum anxiety. I've only been taking it for about a week and I, and my husband, can already see a dramatic improvement. I'm not too fond of the dizziness that I experience when I take it with no food, but it never lasts too long."

Steph175597545 (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Buspar and Celexa and as far as the anxiety it has helped me a lot..I was having bad heart palpitations and it's gone..no more headaches either..what I did was I started talking Celexa at night and I take Buspar 2-3 times a day. I can't say I'm completely ok because the Celexa needs to be in your system at least 6-8 weeks before you start feeling better....I'm feeling a little better. And not having Anxiety truly helps. I'm still haven't been able to go to work because of how scared I am to get an anxiety attack but I'm already starting to consider it. Believe me when I tell you I was on the verge of being committed...give it a chance not all our systems are the same. Good luck"

Intellbrat (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was on this for a little over one month. Took 15 mg per day. It greatly reduced my anxiety, but I experienced nausea about an hour after I took this. It's a great medication but my body could not get used to the side effects."

genuinedrug84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2015

For Anxiety: "Only been on Buspirone for a week but see a change in my anxiety and mood...for the better. However, after reading reviews some of you are condoning it. I am a retired Army Medic. Every medication can effect a person differently. Therefore, it would be better to come off as "this is what happened to me" when i took it. Instead..if someone were to google it who is contemplating taking it they probably would get scared. No one really knows how a medication is going to effect them until they take it. Good or bad. If bad....ask ur provider to put you on something else. Noone really knows your medical history in order to even understand "why" you might be having certain side effects. Just an observation"

norweiganmix78 (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "So I have read several posts and here is my response. This is my second time on Buspar and I was prescribed 7.5. I didn't like the dizzy feeling and I had trouble focusing so I cut my dose in half. Broke the pills. After very light dizziness with the 3.1 dose I am feeling good. I know the doctor prescribed one dosage but if you continue to feel sick after a few days just lower your dose and start from there. You're going to feel weird for the first few days anyways as your body adjusts. The Meds work great. In the beginning when I was getting upset I could feel the medicine trigger something to keep me calm. The more I tried to get upset or was experiencing anxiety, the more weird I felt it's been 2 weeks now.."

Busparworks (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I take Buspar 5mg twice a day for anxiety. After a week, I will then take Buspar 10mg twice a day. I have only been taking it 4 days now. I also take Paxil 50 mg daily and Adderall 10 mg twice daily. So far I have had no side effects from the Buspar except slight dizziness and lack of appetite. So far those are tolerable."

sanchez_squared (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2015

For Anxiety: "Have been a caregiver for my mother who has dementia. Doing this and working is a challenge some days. Coming home after working and having to deal with my mother (yeah I know this makes me sound like a bad guy) was sometimes overwhelming. At times I would dread coming home. Anxiety would drive me crazy. After being on it for about 2 months have helped. And I can't say I really had any bad side effects. It has helped."

Bikerman666 September 30, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have really bad anxiety and I've pretty much tried everything. I take kaldopins for panic attacks and they work but I needed something for daily issues. This medicine really worked but omg I can't handle the side effects. Everyday I have a migraine or I'm nauseous or puking."

Anonymous September 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "Great medication. Was on it for about 5 years then decided to go off of it because I felt so great. DON'T DO IT! I was good for a year or so and had a big "relapse". Curled in a ball on the bed for a month. Cold sweaty palms/feet, racing heart, Skin crawling, etc. I'm now on 10mg twice a day and am almost back to normal. The first week or two it is uncomfortable but trust me, it's worth it. Took a month or two before I felt "normal". It's not a miracle pill. It doesn't take every worry away and make you feel like you're on cloud 9. But combined with a great psychologist, life is not so bad!!"

Ron22 September 28, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Take only as necessary. 2.5 mg- 5mg. only when necessary. Been taking for years when I feel nervous and have a tension headache. Works great to relax me. 30-10 mg pills can last a year for me"

Tank-jules (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Took this medication for a few months after being diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. It did work fairly well in decreasing my symptoms of anxiety, but the side effects were just too much to handle. The first time I took it (my doc prescribed me a low dose, I think it was 5mg if I remember right) I was knocked out in about 30 minutes and slept for 5 hours straight, not to mention this was in the middle of the day. Also caused extreme dizziness that I had a hard time functioning with. I thought the drowsiness, dizziness, and weakness that it caused might subside after taking it for awhile, but I took it for about three months and these side effects still persisted."

krs1993 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "It caused unbalance & I went unconscious"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been on Buspirone for almost a week now, which isn't very long...but I've already seen dramatic improvement. Although it's too early to tell if it's a true success, I noticed someone mentioned that they felt sick and hot and dizzy for hours. If you eat before you take it, it shouldn't give you those side effects. It says you don't have to take it with food, but it works way more efficiently when I take it after eating. My physical symptoms of anxiety and the panic attacks went from an everyday thing to almost nonexistent."

Han sulli September 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "the worst pill i've ever taken,made me very angry plus give me stomach aches and really bad headaches. also made my anxiety worse."

kolen (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I am new to the anxiety realm, and have already tried a few different meds (xanax, ativan, buspar) and so far buspar has shown the most promise. However, even on buspar I still experience sporadic chest pressure, sharp pains in the chest, brain buzz, and muscle twitches. Today the chest issues were so bad that I had to take a xanax. I am typically against prescribed meds, and this is really the first time in my life taking them. The side effects and other dangers scare the crap out of me, but I need to figure out how to subdue my anxiety. Does anyone have any suggestions?"

OB1Dazed31 September 14, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I did not like this medication. For anxiety, I have also tried Hydroxyzine (Atarax). I guess this is just my personal body chemistry but I actually prefer Atarax to this unlike most people. This made me VERY lightheaded and dizzy. I can't exactly remember the effect it had on anxiety, I think it may have helped a little."

Agent 700 (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2015