User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 5)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 7 reviews 17 medications

Anxiety 388 reviews 63 medications

6.7
Panic Disorder 47 reviews 19 medications

6.2
Summary of Buspirone reviews 442 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Buspirone

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have been recently prescribed Buspar and Celexa for anxiety. I decided to take just the Buspar and not the Celexa because of a past experience with an anti-depressant. Has anyone just used Buspar with another medication, if so how did it work? Another question is, after taking Buspar for a while did you find you didn't need Buspar anymore and no more anxiety or medication?"

lrebirth06 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2015

For Anxiety: "Was on this for about a month. Went from 5mg 3 x a day to 30mg 3 x a day. Saw improvement after about 2 weeks for about 5 days, then anxiety came back strong. Always had sleep issues but this medication definitely exacerbated them. I had to get off as it was giving me no benefit and my sleep was only getting worse. Also had pretty bad brain zaps the whole time but probably bc I increased the dosage every 5 to 6 days. I also have treatment resistant anxiety/depression (tried paxil, zoloft, prozac, fetzima and pristiq. Zoloft helped me mostly, all others didn't work or made me worse) so this might work for others but did not help me."

Brett84 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I too have been experiencing dramatic weight loss with buspar. Just read the last comment and pretty much spot on. I don't get hungry anymore. I'm a 5'7" female who weighed 175lbs. and now I'm down to 120lbs. After two months of this medicine. Also I noticed I seem to be having some severe OCD thoughts while taking this medicine. In the beginning it was all smooth sailing and now it seems like it's not working. Going to try another medicine."

that girl033 September 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "Made me very nervous. I have not had a full blown panic attack while on this medication. I just feel on edge every minute I'm awake."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was not able to function on this medication. I took one half of my pill as directed. 30 mins later I was hot, felt sick, everything irritated me. I was dizzy. I had to lay on my couch for 3 hours. I will never take this again."

angie1980 September 5, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have looked up the research regarding weight loss or loss of appetite while on Buspar and it seems as though more people gain weight or have an increased appetite. Has anyone experienced weight loss or loss of appetite? Maybe it's nausea (though I don't necessarily feel 'nauseous') but I have no appetite - at all. As far as the effectiveness on my anxiety - I feel good, almost 'normal', if you will. Nothing like taking Buspar for anxiety (mostly health anxiety) to have it make me think sometime is wrong because I have no appetite. However, the thought of 'something is wrong' is fleeting since Buspar. Wondering if anyone has had loss of appetite or weight loss. -Hoping you have an anxiety-free day"

ItsAllGood371 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I'm 15 years old and before being on this I was a MESS. I was so anxious all the time I left school and it was just so bad I didn't hang out with friends for months but after being on it I can't even begin to explain how great I feel. I never feel nervous or anxious for ANYTHING I'm back at school , going to football games , hanging with friends everyday , and making new ones . This is the BEST. I have felt in so so long , probably ever! I'm so thankful for this medication ! It takes about 3 months for it to actually work but I HIGHLY suggest it!!!!!"

lilyRosemathers August 29, 2015

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was started out on 5mg of Buspirone twice daily and was then increased to 10mg about 2 months ago. I don't know if it's just not a high enough dose for me, but I haven't really noticed that much of a difference. I also haven't had any side effects from it that I can tell."

cathypw79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Hey I was on Buspirone and it didn't seem to work and all I did was cut out my friends and act like a loser."

Ryan McCleery (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I developed depression and anxiety after my divorce 11 years ago. It comes and goes but normally some stress or change in my life can trigger it. Sometimes it is mild, and sometimes it pretty tough to deal with. I exercise a lot, try to eat healthy, keep booze to a minimum but it can be hard to shake. I have tried several anti-depressant's over the without much luck. Even though anxiety and depression tend to go hand in hand, I find anxiety to be harder to deal with. Anyway... My doctor recently suggest that I try BusPar. I read up on it and thought why not? It has only been a week (and I know it can take weeks to take effect), but I seem to be seeing some improvement. I am not as "consumed" with anxiety as a week ago."

TiredOfAnxiety (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

For Anxiety: "Have very bad anxiety and panic attacks. Swear this stuff don't help /relieve anxiety nor does it stop attacks. I been having panic attacks least 3 times daily. Prescribed 7.5 mg 2 x daily and all this pill does is make me dizzy, feels like I got this huge knot in my head, and there's this icky awkward slight tired feel to it. Do feel nauseous as well.: I'm 24 and been on/off klonopin 1 mg 3 times daily for yrs. I'd like to know how the hell this med can help anyone. 2nd time I've been put on buspar and it's still awful . Hope this helps someone. I'd say skip it and try gabapentin/neurontin instead if non benzos work for you. Good luck."

blunt kitten (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Have been on a few SSRIs (Paxil, Lexapro, and Zoloft). Zoloft pulled me out of a dark hole of severe anxiety and insomnia and kept my head above water for about a year but I never felt great on it, just able to cope with life plus I still needed ativan for sleep which I didn't like but it helped. Decided to try Buspar. Wad fairly easy to get on, minimal side effects, a lot of brain zaps, though. Mood improved after about 2 weeks, for about a week, then it just stopped working and anxiety came back hard. Also I had bad insomnia the whole time on it, even before, but this didn't help in any way. Had pretty disturbing nightmares when I did sleep. Insomnia and decline in mood forced me to get off. Took for a month. Was at 30mg 3 x day."

Brett84 (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Okay so buspar was the first medicine I took and it helped with my anxiety tremendously but the side effects sucked. I'm a female and only weigh about 115 so I'm not sure if that's why the side effects impacted me so much or what. The first day I was on it, I was fine. The only problem was I felt a little dizzy after the first 10 min of taking it but then I was fine and I would go about my regular day and I felt amazing. I took this pill everyday for about 4 days and felt fine but then one day after I took it, I was so dizzy, I could barely stand up and then I felt nauseous all day long. It was not fun. So it's kind of a hit or miss with this medicine. You either take it and feel fine or you'll have bad side effects. At least for me anyways"

Kat0201820283820 August 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have only been using it for a week, but have not noticed side effects. That's the good part. The doctor told me to give it a few weeks to take effect. I feel a little less anxious than I had been. I have been taking Zoloft for over ten years. Maybe I've become too immune and that isn't working quite the same. Hopefully the two meds together will do the trick."

davydoe August 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "I started taking buspar one week ago. I'm up to 10 mg twice a day with a target of 30 mg twice daily. It definitely started to reduce my anxiety. I used to take a maoi antidepressant but the side effects were too much. I get a pulsing in my ears about half an hour after taking it. No other side effects yet. Also I take serax as needed and I'm hoping the buspar will eventually be enough. Its a good drug so far. Wished I had tried this years ago."

benny12 (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

For Anxiety: "Its a wonderful xanax alternative without the yucky withdraw symptoms. There is hope out there and this medication is proof. I love it!"

Kody Lee July 29, 2015

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "I experienced difficulty in obtaining orgasm while taking 5mg of Lexapro. Buspirone did the trick. When I upped my dose of Lexapro to 7.5mg, I began experiencing trouble reaching orgasm once more. I've let my doctor know and we're working on a solution. Most likely I'll up my dose of Buspirone from 10mg daily to 20mg."

comet8 July 27, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have OCD and extreme anxiety disorder. My Dr started me on buspar a week ago. It helped me so much I haven't had one anxiety since I started. The only negative is really bad nausea. I hope to control my anxiety in more natural ways so I can stop medication soon:)"

Kelli Vasquez (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Anxiety: "didn't help at all"

be2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "Started taking Buspirone for anxiety, I am on Effexor XR. The Effexor made achieving an orgasm impossible. It was horrible. However, I couldn't stop because it was helping with my depression. Buspirone has given me back my sex life. My libido still isn't what it used to be. It is still somewhat difficult for me to remain erect for long periods of time. However, I can have an orgasm. Thank the gods."

MrYoungProfessional June 30, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Ok I've been having panic attacks since I was in middle school and I'm 29 now over time they have gotten worse..It feels like I'm dying and I can't do anything about it. I also freeze it one spot and have some type of seizure that I can move and I don't remember what happens. It's Very Scary!! So I was given xanax to help but it made it worse. When I turned 20 I was given 5mg 2x a day of buspar and it had me in a corner feeling miserable. I wish everyone the best of luck because living like this is hard. Currently my new Dr upped my dose to 15mg every 12hrs I'm not saying it's better but it has been helping. Only problem is I'm starting to feel dizzy when I first take it. Then sleepy. Also detached, alone. Only time will tell"

LoveBugTexas June 27, 2015

For Anxiety: "Besides suffering from periodic depression from various business issues and losses I have also and more importantly suffered from general anxiety disorder since the age of 40. I am now 53. Have gone through the various SSRIs, and also benzos of which I still take klonopin once or twice a day. I have compared the efficacy of the two by staying off klonopin for a day and just exclusively usually buspar and can tell you the buspar has far more benefits than the Klonopin without the dependency of the benzo. I have also had great sexual side effects as many of the SSS have had a negative impact. So not only has my anxiety dissipated, my sex drive is great . I highly recommend this for anybody that has general anxiety disorder PTSD or social anx"

Worrywart1 June 25, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was taking Buspar along with Proactive and Xanax for 5 years...I felt great, so I stopped the Buspar. Within the last 2 months I have had to completely detox off Xanax, and it was a nightmare, I hope to never feel that way again...long story short, I'm back on my Buspar along side my Prozac and I can't remember feeling this good...The fog has lifted! !! My anxiety is all but nothing....I have never had side effects from Buspar either, and I take 15mgs twice a day. For those of you that have an anxiety disorder, this medication is definitely worth trying because you can cope so much better without all the hazy side effects from benzos. BEST OF LUCK!"

Medangel1965 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 23, 2015

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Well I have anxiety and have trouble getting to sleep or should I say don't get any sleep at all, I have lupus and fibro and I'm on prednisone and pain meds and was recently taken off of my zanax 1mg. Due to the doctor not being able to prescribe me 2 narcotics which I also think is crazy that a doctor is limited to how to treat you, I had been on zanax for 3 years and they worked for me but now due to the limitations of my doctor he gave me buspiron and I am now officially scared to try anything new I couldn't get up the next day. As if I was paralyzed and I felt so off. I thought I was about to have a siezure. I get nauseous as well. I'm now currenrly waiting to go back to my doctor to refer me to another doctor to prescibe me my zanax back again"

LupusWarrior (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Buspar has changed my life! I absolutely love this medication. I suffer from phobias and health anxiety and this medication has worked wonders for me. As a nurse, I didn't want anything addictive and this was my miracle. I tried Ativan and it didn't even touch my anxiety. I have had no side effects with the Buspar and it has helped me to relax and feel like myself again! I highly recommend it!"

artlpn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

190 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next