User Reviews for Buspirone

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 6 reviews 18 medications

7.7
Anxiety 280 reviews 61 medications

6.9
Panic Disorder 37 reviews 19 medications

6.9
Summary of Buspirone reviews 323 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Buspirone

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I'm a 17 year old female. I have OCD and anxiety and this has done nothing for me! I take 7.5 mg 3 x a day and I wish I could take something else. I've been out of school for like a month because of my anxiety."

Destiny11 (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2014

For Anxiety: "I've taken Buspirone HCL 7.5 MG for at least a month now and its made me feel sick to my stomach, sweaty, and gives me dry mouth. However other people have seen change in my personality in a positive way even though I haven't noticed a big change yet. I don't like how it makes me feel physically but my doctor said it could take months to get used to."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2014

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was having ALL kinds of medical problems, severe cramps, inability to urinate, severe joint pain, headaches, insomnia, and more. I noticed an improvement immediately, most of my problems went away completely, and my joint pain subsided some. I've been on it for two months now, I feel happy, calm and 10Xs better all over. Generalized Anxiety Disorder is a terrible thing to TRY and live with, Buspar is the answer. I had tried lots of natural remedies, like 5HTP and many others. The natural supplements had far more side effects than Buspar! I hate taking medication, but I'm not sure how I'd get along without it. Buspar has changed my life. I'm not sure what started the severe anxiety because I have never had a problem with it, but whatever it was Buspar saved me."

Johnny America (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2014

272 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I take between 30-50 mg per day depending on how I feel. Usually 15mg or 20mg at a time. Doctors should really look at this medicine for bipolar as I am severely bipolar (with anxiety) and do not like addictive substances. Buspar is a wonder medicine for some! I'm getting my life back! I no longer rage and ruminate, and I can also sleep, and think more clearly :D most things do not work for me but this one did."

MCruz9 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2014

242 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I tried this after going off Cymbalta cold turkey since I felt that Cymbalta was doing basically nothing for me and worse yet - making me clench my teeth so badly I was getting regular migraines from the TMJ I was getting! Wish the heck I had known Cymbalta had the "less common" side effect of clenching and I could have saved myself a ton I agony, massage therapy, CHIRO visits and muscle relaxers! Anyway as for Buspirone - took between 10 mg and 15 mg 2x day for nearly a whole month and it did virtually nothing for my anxiety! This was especially bad because Cymbalta's withdrawal is horrible and I was experiencing extreme irritability, anger etc. I asked for Prozac 10 mg yesterday and feel 85% better already!"

Jane8744 August 28, 2014

For Anxiety: "I've been on it for about a week, just about to up it to 30 mg. I have had no dizziness or nausea. I can say for me, it has an immediate effect after taking it. I feel just a tad loopy and very relaxed for about an hour after. Not sleepy or anything, just relaxed. It has definitely suppressed my appetite. It seems to be working already, I'm not grinding my teeth all day, so my jaw no longer hurts and I'm able to focus a bit better. I like it way better than clonazapam or any benzo I've been given. I do not get panic attacks and I'm also on bupropion."

lcdavis (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2014

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed buspirone for my generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder (as well as clonazepam) Three doses a day; in the afternoon only a dose of buspirone. The first three weeks were hard, as it took that long to get into my system. Once it kicked in, however, I noticed a huge difference. I felt more balanced, and less likely to have a panic attack. Once I took a dose it took effect in half-hour. It does well on it's own to control the anxiety. I took a couple stars off because the side effects are true to the label. They aren't so severe after years of taking it, but the dizziness is strong. I feel like my body will just fall one way or the other, and it's hard to gather strength. Now I take only one dose a day, and it works just as well."

RaiRai13 August 11, 2014

For Anxiety: "My doctor prescribed this for me due to heart palpitations to go along with another medication Pristiq. This medication did nothing for me other than increase my appetite .I gained 8 lbs in 2 weeks. Have stopped taking it."

CLWW (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2014

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have generalized anxiety, few panic attacks ever, mostly just obsessive irrational thoughts and constant fears which aren't normal. This definitely helps me calm down and keeps my brain quiet when it normally never stops. For about 2 weeks I would get spouts of dizziness, along with a feeling of restlessness and an inability to focus (felt very much like ADD) but it has been going away! This medicine helps for general anxiety, but I don't think it would do much for panic. I take 5mg 3x a day."

Rc9999 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "When I first started taking this at 5mg twice daily (10mg daily total) for generalized anxiety disorder, I was an absolute zombie, especially in the morning after taking my first dose. I was dizzy and unable to think straight. I was useless and confused at work, making my anxiety worse. Once I cut down to 2.5mg at bedtime, it was perfect for me. The ability to sleep well helped me to make better food choice, exercise more, and think more clearly. If I had more severe anxiety that needed stronger management, I don't think this medicine would have been appropriate for me, but it was great for my situation. I discontinued use during pregnancy but plan to revisit it as an option once I finish breastfeeding."

konstante (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2014

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I am 23 years old and suffer from generalized anxiety disorder. I did not want to be on an addictive med, and was very adamant about that with my doctor. I was prescribed Buspar and have been taking it for a year now (10mg 3 times a day) and it seems to work quite well. It calms me down and makes me think more rationally rather than experiencing constant worry and fear. I feel more free and open to life. Side effects I've experienced include dizziness, hot flashes and extreme hunger for about an hour after taking it. Taking it with food in your stomach is a must as it decreases the side effects for me. One complaint though, is short term memory problems and "cloudy" mind effect, but I will take that any day over my anxiety!"

Anxiety Gal (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2014

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "This medicine started to wear off I think due to too many negatives over 1 month time and I was upped on my dosage from 20mg x2 daily to 40mg x2 daily 8 days ago for thoughts not right and anxiety plus depression. Everything is starting to lift finally and feeling great and happy. It was really tough 8 days so far with very LOW LOWS and I'm BEYOND happy with it. LIFE SAVER INDEED."

Phil BF July 5, 2014

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "I've been taking 15mg of BuSpar for 1 month now. It started working around week 3. I can gratetfully say that it is working for the sexual side effects. This medication is a life saver!"

Rina123 July 1, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have suffered from generalized anxiety disorder for longer than I care to remember. Went through too many anti-depressants that all failed. I was told the Buspar was an "oldie but goodie." I was reluctant to even try another pill and was of the notion that drinking wine was going to be my alternate choice, (which I didn't care to start). Buspar has been my answer. It's brought calm into my life. I recommend this "magic pill.""

Jude29 June 22, 2014

239 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I suffer from severe panic attacks. This medicine left me on the couch for a week because I felt so dizzy. My vision is also "snowy" from this medication and still has not went away 2 years later. "

Sydneyfantastic June 20, 2014

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I just started taking buspar and at first I was scared because I hate bad side effects and don't like to take pills at all so I finally took my pill 10mg I felt good at first then came the side effects lightheaded sweating and dizziness but after 20 to 30 mins later it was over. I felt fine went out to socialize and I couldn't believe it, didn't have a panic attack or anxiety attack they work for me."

mimi86 June 9, 2014

171 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I started taking this medicine for anxiety. I was too told that it takes a while to kick in. I'd have some anxiety here and there but for the most part it was doing it's job until a month ago when my life started over stressing with events I could not control and my anxiety started coming back pretty bad. I thought it was good until my doctor wouldn't up the dosage. I am still taking 7.5."

aaax7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2014

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've had generalized anxiety disorder since before they knew what it was. I have been in all SSRIs, the side effects have kept me from being on them long enough to see if they worked, then Ativan through clonazepam, still anxiety ridden, as a last chance medicine, my Dr gave me Buspar, at this point I was beyond jaded and thought "oh great another pill that won't work", but it did, at 30mgs split to 10mgs 3 times daily. I felt the cloud of anxiety lift after the first pill. I stopped catastrophisizing everything and got my life back. It is an older medicine, no longer a 'go to' medicine, but should be, the others made me zombie like etc. I had the dizzies for a week, pushed through, they stopped. I am now so incredibly happy and anxiety free."

Pinkiechet May 31, 2014

247 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This medicine is not strong enough for major anxiety problems related to post traumatic stress disorder. At 60 mg per day it hardly takes the edge off."

Big man J (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2014

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I take Lexapro 20mg once daily and 5mg (for now) three times daily. The first week I didn't notice much at all.. But now that I've been taking it for over a week I am starting to notice it's effects. Most notably when I let it dissolve under my tongue. This medication has no notable side effects. Only downside is its mildly underpowered. To me, Lexapro is the work horse, and Buspar is a helper."

chronic GAD (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2014

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "This medication caused me severe, episodic dizziness."

rewjew May 17, 2014

For Anxiety: "I had two panic attacks while on this medication. I had not had panic attacks in years. I stopped taking it and that uncontrollable anxiety got better, more like it originally was I should say."

alwayslmlg (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2014

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I have only been taking BuSpar for about a month but I have seen a rapid turn around in my anxiety. I am not cured, I still get panicked from time to time, but I am now able to deal my worries without getting lost in them. I used to go about life in a sort of depersonalized haze, but the medication has worked in bringing me back to reality. As for side effects, I think it is safe to say that I got them all in the first couple weeks. Nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, slight depression, etc... However, it was nothing that was too bad. As I continued to take it, the side effects decreased. Furthermore, the benefits that I have obtained from it far outweighed any complaints that I might have had. I would suggest trying it for anxiety."

InsertNameHere May 15, 2014

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "About 3 months ago out of no where I had a severe panic attack and was rushed to hospital thinking it was a heart attack which it was not but the next day I woke up with severe anxiety, it was horrible. I tried natural remedies but nothing worked and was afraid of SSRIs because of the side effects, after some research I asked to try Buspar, it took over 2 months and playing with the dosage, I take 10 mg morning, 7.5mg afternoon and night time. I finally feel like the constant dialogue in my head is settled down to a point where I can function, hoping it just gets better from here on in. I have had no side effects at all, it may take a while for this medicine to work but stick with it. I think it's worth it."

calabsv May 7, 2014

158 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I first had a panic attack last June & went to the hospital. They gave me Ativan 1mg. I took that for about 1 month and felt sort of out of it, so I decided to only take half and see how that worked. It did work, but I still felt like a zombie. I went back to the doctor & was prescribed BuSpar 5mg twice a day. I took that for three months, but was still having issues waiting in lines, being in public places & sometimes driving. I found I still needed to take the Ativan when I started to panic. Long and short the 5 mg 2xday would take away about 60% of my anxiety and I would force myself out of my head, so to speak. Recently I went back to the doctor & she upped my dose to 7.5 mg twice a day. I feel great! This is giving me my life back, NO more Ativan."

Cyndie1 April 19, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next