User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 3)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 7 reviews 17 medications

Anxiety 354 reviews 63 medications

6.7
Panic Disorder 42 reviews 19 medications

6.4
Summary of Buspirone reviews 403 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Buspirone

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I take Buspar 5mg twice a day for anxiety. After a week, I will then take Buspar 10mg twice a day. I have only been taking it 4 days now. I also take Paxil 50 mg daily and Adderall 10 mg twice daily. So far I have had no side effects from the Buspar except slight dizziness and lack of appetite. So far those are tolerable."

sanchez_squared (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2015

For Anxiety: "Have been a caregiver for my mother who has dementia. Doing this and working is a challenge some days. Coming home after working and having to deal with my mother (yeah I know this makes me sound like a bad guy) was sometimes overwhelming. At times I would dread coming home. Anxiety would drive me crazy. After being on it for about 2 months have helped. And I can't say I really had any bad side effects. It has helped."

Bikerman666 September 30, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have really bad anxiety and I've pretty much tried everything. I take kaldopins for panic attacks and they work but I needed something for daily issues. This medicine really worked but omg I can't handle the side effects. Everyday I have a migraine or I'm nauseous or puking."

Anonymous September 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "Great medication. Was on it for about 5 years then decided to go off of it because I felt so great. DON'T DO IT! I was good for a year or so and had a big "relapse". Curled in a ball on the bed for a month. Cold sweaty palms/feet, racing heart, Skin crawling, etc. I'm now on 10mg twice a day and am almost back to normal. The first week or two it is uncomfortable but trust me, it's worth it. Took a month or two before I felt "normal". It's not a miracle pill. It doesn't take every worry away and make you feel like you're on cloud 9. But combined with a great psychologist, life is not so bad!!"

Ron22 September 28, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Take only as necessary. 2.5 mg- 5mg. only when necessary. Been taking for years when I feel nervous and have a tension headache. Works great to relax me. 30-10 mg pills can last a year for me"

Tank-jules (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Took this medication for a few months after being diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. It did work fairly well in decreasing my symptoms of anxiety, but the side effects were just too much to handle. The first time I took it (my doc prescribed me a low dose, I think it was 5mg if I remember right) I was knocked out in about 30 minutes and slept for 5 hours straight, not to mention this was in the middle of the day. Also caused extreme dizziness that I had a hard time functioning with. I thought the drowsiness, dizziness, and weakness that it caused might subside after taking it for awhile, but I took it for about three months and these side effects still persisted."

krs1993 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "It caused unbalance & I went unconscious"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been on Buspirone for almost a week now, which isn't very long...but I've already seen dramatic improvement. Although it's too early to tell if it's a true success, I noticed someone mentioned that they felt sick and hot and dizzy for hours. If you eat before you take it, it shouldn't give you those side effects. It says you don't have to take it with food, but it works way more efficiently when I take it after eating. My physical symptoms of anxiety and the panic attacks went from an everyday thing to almost nonexistent."

Han sulli September 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "the worst pill i've ever taken,made me very angry plus give me stomach aches and really bad headaches. also made my anxiety worse."

kolen (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I am new to the anxiety realm, and have already tried a few different meds (xanax, ativan, buspar) and so far buspar has shown the most promise. However, even on buspar I still experience sporadic chest pressure, sharp pains in the chest, brain buzz, and muscle twitches. Today the chest issues were so bad that I had to take a xanax. I am typically against prescribed meds, and this is really the first time in my life taking them. The side effects and other dangers scare the crap out of me, but I need to figure out how to subdue my anxiety. Does anyone have any suggestions?"

OB1Dazed31 September 14, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I did not like this medication. For anxiety, I have also tried Hydroxyzine (Atarax). I guess this is just my personal body chemistry but I actually prefer Atarax to this unlike most people. This made me VERY lightheaded and dizzy. I can't exactly remember the effect it had on anxiety, I think it may have helped a little."

Agent 700 (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have been recently prescribed Buspar and Celexa for anxiety. I decided to take just the Buspar and not the Celexa because of a past experience with an anti-depressant. Has anyone just used Buspar with another medication, if so how did it work? Another question is, after taking Buspar for a while did you find you didn't need Buspar anymore and no more anxiety or medication?"

lrebirth06 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2015

For Anxiety: "Was on this for about a month. Went from 5mg 3 x a day to 30mg 3 x a day. Saw improvement after about 2 weeks for about 5 days, then anxiety came back strong. Always had sleep issues but this medication definitely exacerbated them. I had to get off as it was giving me no benefit and my sleep was only getting worse. Also had pretty bad brain zaps the whole time but probably bc I increased the dosage every 5 to 6 days. I also have treatment resistant anxiety/depression (tried paxil, zoloft, prozac, fetzima and pristiq. Zoloft helped me mostly, all others didn't work or made me worse) so this might work for others but did not help me."

Brett84 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I too have been experiencing dramatic weight loss with buspar. Just read the last comment and pretty much spot on. I don't get hungry anymore. I'm a 5'7" female who weighed 175lbs. and now I'm down to 120lbs. After two months of this medicine. Also I noticed I seem to be having some severe OCD thoughts while taking this medicine. In the beginning it was all smooth sailing and now it seems like it's not working. Going to try another medicine."

that girl033 September 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "Made me very nervous. I have not had a full blown panic attack while on this medication. I just feel on edge every minute I'm awake."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was not able to function on this medication. I took one half of my pill as directed. 30 mins later I was hot, felt sick, everything irritated me. I was dizzy. I had to lay on my couch for 3 hours. I will never take this again."

angie1980 September 5, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have looked up the research regarding weight loss or loss of appetite while on Buspar and it seems as though more people gain weight or have an increased appetite. Has anyone experienced weight loss or loss of appetite? Maybe it's nausea (though I don't necessarily feel 'nauseous') but I have no appetite - at all. As far as the effectiveness on my anxiety - I feel good, almost 'normal', if you will. Nothing like taking Buspar for anxiety (mostly health anxiety) to have it make me think sometime is wrong because I have no appetite. However, the thought of 'something is wrong' is fleeting since Buspar. Wondering if anyone has had loss of appetite or weight loss. -Hoping you have an anxiety-free day"

ItsAllGood371 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I'm 15 years old and before being on this I was a MESS. I was so anxious all the time I left school and it was just so bad I didn't hang out with friends for months but after being on it I can't even begin to explain how great I feel. I never feel nervous or anxious for ANYTHING I'm back at school , going to football games , hanging with friends everyday , and making new ones . This is the BEST. I have felt in so so long , probably ever! I'm so thankful for this medication ! It takes about 3 months for it to actually work but I HIGHLY suggest it!!!!!"

lilyRosemathers August 29, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was started out on 5mg of Buspirone twice daily and was then increased to 10mg about 2 months ago. I don't know if it's just not a high enough dose for me, but I haven't really noticed that much of a difference. I also haven't had any side effects from it that I can tell."

cathypw79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Hey I was on Buspirone and it didn't seem to work and all I did was cut out my friends and act like a loser."

Ryan McCleery (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I developed depression and anxiety after my divorce 11 years ago. It comes and goes but normally some stress or change in my life can trigger it. Sometimes it is mild, and sometimes it pretty tough to deal with. I exercise a lot, try to eat healthy, keep booze to a minimum but it can be hard to shake. I have tried several anti-depressant's over the without much luck. Even though anxiety and depression tend to go hand in hand, I find anxiety to be harder to deal with. Anyway... My doctor recently suggest that I try BusPar. I read up on it and thought why not? It has only been a week (and I know it can take weeks to take effect), but I seem to be seeing some improvement. I am not as "consumed" with anxiety as a week ago."

TiredOfAnxiety (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

For Anxiety: "Have very bad anxiety and panic attacks. Swear this stuff don't help /relieve anxiety nor does it stop attacks. I been having panic attacks least 3 times daily. Prescribed 7.5 mg 2 x daily and all this pill does is make me dizzy, feels like I got this huge knot in my head, and there's this icky awkward slight tired feel to it. Do feel nauseous as well.: I'm 24 and been on/off klonopin 1 mg 3 times daily for yrs. I'd like to know how the hell this med can help anyone. 2nd time I've been put on buspar and it's still awful . Hope this helps someone. I'd say skip it and try gabapentin/neurontin instead if non benzos work for you. Good luck."

blunt kitten (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Have been on a few SSRIs (Paxil, Lexapro, and Zoloft). Zoloft pulled me out of a dark hole of severe anxiety and insomnia and kept my head above water for about a year but I never felt great on it, just able to cope with life plus I still needed ativan for sleep which I didn't like but it helped. Decided to try Buspar. Wad fairly easy to get on, minimal side effects, a lot of brain zaps, though. Mood improved after about 2 weeks, for about a week, then it just stopped working and anxiety came back hard. Also I had bad insomnia the whole time on it, even before, but this didn't help in any way. Had pretty disturbing nightmares when I did sleep. Insomnia and decline in mood forced me to get off. Took for a month. Was at 30mg 3 x day."

Brett84 (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Okay so buspar was the first medicine I took and it helped with my anxiety tremendously but the side effects sucked. I'm a female and only weigh about 115 so I'm not sure if that's why the side effects impacted me so much or what. The first day I was on it, I was fine. The only problem was I felt a little dizzy after the first 10 min of taking it but then I was fine and I would go about my regular day and I felt amazing. I took this pill everyday for about 4 days and felt fine but then one day after I took it, I was so dizzy, I could barely stand up and then I felt nauseous all day long. It was not fun. So it's kind of a hit or miss with this medicine. You either take it and feel fine or you'll have bad side effects. At least for me anyways"

Kat0201820283820 August 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have only been using it for a week, but have not noticed side effects. That's the good part. The doctor told me to give it a few weeks to take effect. I feel a little less anxious than I had been. I have been taking Zoloft for over ten years. Maybe I've become too immune and that isn't working quite the same. Hopefully the two meds together will do the trick."

davydoe August 6, 2015