User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 3)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 7 reviews 17 medications

Anxiety 394 reviews 63 medications

6.7
Panic Disorder 47 reviews 19 medications

6.2
Summary of Buspirone reviews 448 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Buspirone

For Panic Disorder: "It caused severe anxiety attacks along with other side effects that put me in the hospital twice in 2 days. Rx (at time): Geodon, Benty, and Busiprone Dx: Bipolar 1, Insomnia, Anxiety, and EDNOS"

Anonymous January 29, 2016

For Anxiety: "Words cannot even describe how this medicine has helped me. For the first time ever I have hope for the future. This drug is a life saving miracle. Ive been taking it for over a year now and only bad side effect I get is I will get blinding headaches if I don't drink enough water but it is soooooo worth it."

Britni (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "I would give this a 0 if I could...I write this while I'm laying in a hospital bed in the ED. I've been on this for 3 days...the lowest dose 5mg which I then cut in half...after an hour of taking this my arms felt numb, extremely dizzy & feeling completely out of it...heart started palpitating, couldn't catch my breath...my BP upon entering ED was 190/100 & heart rate was 140...the scariest feeling ever...the only other Rx I take is levothyroxine for low thyroid...sadly I should be on something for my anxiety, but now I'm scared to death to take anything...so I guess I'll just suffer through it :-("

ddc419 (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Takes 6-8 weeks to work but it works better than anything I've tried. I've had anxiety for years and have tried a long list of meds."

InScienceWeTrust (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I had tried about 20 different psychiatric medications before Buspar, all of which were at best minimally effective. Buspar has been the one medicine that has made a positive change. I feel alive again. I am not in such a dark place anymore, and my panic has gotten better. Although I still have a bit of anxiety it feels much more manageable. And I have only had to take 5mg twice daily! It has given me a little bit of insomnia, but it is well worth it."

I Approve (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "THIS IS A GREAT MEDICATION! I started off on 5 mg which didn't do much at all, so then I was bumped up to 10 mg and also put on 25 mg of zoloft. I take Buspirone 3 times a day whenever I feel anxious and it works so well for me. The only side effect that I have experienced with this are slight brain zaps, however they went away for me in 3-4 days! I recommend this highly."

lkdjflsdafj (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I started with a new Doctor (addiction treatment specialist) I am getting ready to detox of Kolonapin, So the new Doc put me on Buspirone Ugggg I was on for about a week. I started getting very hot and Short tempered and extremely tired Very heavy head So I called my Doc He said to stop taking it. I was on 15Mg 2 times a day. Well I have been off for about 3 or 4 days the first day wasn't bad the second day dizzy queasy and extremely tired. Wow If I'm feeling this bad, still hot very tired my head is very heavy. Yet My Doc also said there would be no withdrawal. Best of luck to all of you. My heart goes out to you"

diamonddoll January 4, 2016

For Anxiety: "Diagnosed with having anxiety, depression, and PTSD (raped year prior and recently lost my husband while 6m pregnant). I take 10mg 2x daily. The problems I have been facing have eased up significantly. At first I had no side effects so it was a win-win. Now after taking it for 3 months I have many side effects and I am going to stop taking it. The side effects I have been experiencing are headache, weak feeling, intense sugar cravings, hair loss, slow response, extreme anger, weight gain. I was losing weight after my pregnancy, exercising, felt very healthy. Now on buspar I have gained weight in odd places like my face. I find myself wanting to binge eat which I hardly even did while pregnant. Slowness and extreme anger were deal breakers."

Loeyloey January 2, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was on this back in the 80's while hospitalized for depression. It was a horrible drug it made my mouth dry and talking difficult. Also, it must have made me say things I don't recall saying because during one appointment with the psychiatrist in the hospital, he wrote a comments he thought I said which I hadn't (I later saw the reports)!"

quintenwatertown December 30, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Wait 6 weeks but it helps before then too. I have been on it at 25 mg a day for a year. Just recently I have been in a traumatic situation and I ramped up the dosage to 40/50 mg to help. It has been a huge help and I only have taken 2 Ativan during this three week ordeal. I think Buspar for me makes me tired when I am not anxious and is a huge help when I am. It seems to cut the adrenaline levels and that is what works for me without the sexual side effects that SSRIs have."

Wwert December 30, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "After extreme weight gain on SSRIs, I thought buspar would be my miracle drug. I was totally wrong. After day two I had such bad twitches/tremors and my jaw seemed to locked for short periods of time. Went to emergency due to the side effects causing panic attacks."

WInative December 19, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've been on this medication for 8 months now & really like it. I take a combination of Buspirone & Mirtazapine which keeps me level with no anxiety. My racing thoughts are gone. I was waking up all night every hour with racing thoughts. Now I'm able to sleep & have a calm mind both while waking & sleeping. One thing I do notice is that it gives me the munchies for sweets. I'm working to curb that with healthy snacks instead. Sometimes it does make me slightly light headed, but to me that's a relaxing feeling that helps me stay calm. I'm able to stay focused and am doing better on my job & in my personal life than ever before. I really love this medication & give it a thumbs up for anxiety!"

Chaoz1313 December 18, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I started taking Busbar earlier this year. I'm unable to work due to severe depression, severe anxiety, and PTSD. Initially, it eased my muscles and eased my anxiety better than xanax. Since I have been on it, my face is fat and I've gained weight in places where I have never had a problem. My formerly long thick hair is thin. My skin became thin and dry. At one point, I had patches of hair missing; through prayer, it's coming back. Today I was so disgusted with the changes and prayed for a reason as to why these things were happening.It came to me to look up the side effects of busbar and BAM, they were all there. Warning this stuff can cause alopecia. I'm going to stop taking it."

ThankYouFather (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "I just recently went to the doctor because I couldn't deal with my stress and anxiety. I have a son with ADHD and Aspergers he's extremely hyper. I love that kid to death but I would compare him to Dennis the Menace. After 8 years I think it just got to be a little too much for me everyday of constant stressed anxiety. So I started taking this medicine 5 milligrams 3 times a day. I'm trying to take it once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I have had no side effects and I feel wonderful! I feel like I have more patience to help my son and it has made me feel like a better mom to. I would definitely recommend trying this pill!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

For Anxiety: "I just started taking buspirone again so I can wean off of Ativan. ( lorazepam). I always had headaches and migraines but when I take buspirone it helps to combat my headache. My anxiety is decreased , but I'm in a cranky mood but that could be due to withdrawals from lorazepam. I totally agree with the fact that a negative review of this product could keep people that desperately need it to not even try it. Like the medic said, no one knows why a medicine especially in this class, works like a wonder drug for some and not for others. I've tried many and I hope this is my last one. I also take Effexor everyday along with some other non controlled meds for pain and arthritis."

Germangirl December 14, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Noticed a change immediately. Started out on 5mg twice a day for two weeks, then upped to 10mg twice a day. Work in surgery so pretty stressful work. I couldnt sleep the night before cases thinking about all the bad things that could happen. Once I started taking buspar those thoughts went away and I could get a full nights rest. I am clear headed and focused at work, whenever negative thoughts creep in my head I am able to dispel them with relative ease."

Bipolar Guy with GAD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "After taking this stuff I got really angry and after a couple weeks I started feeling worse. Remember it's different for everyone though and it might work for you."

Jordanbs December 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "I weaned off Xanax with buspar. At first I thought why did I decide to do this because I was having a lot of withdrawals. Thank God I am almost a month off Xanax and fully on buspar 10 mg. 2 times a day. I am so glad I hung in there and got through all the withdrawals to get to a much safer and healthier drug for anxiety! If I can do it anyone can.much happier now!!"

Off of zanax December 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been taking this medication for two days and I'm already feeling a little happier and calmer the only thing I have an issue with is, I take this in the morning and in the evening when I take it I feel very weak and tired for thirty minutes to an hour after. I have pretty much passed out for like an hour after I've taken it. When I wake up though I feel pretty good so I'll take the nap. Its worth it lol. Very satisfied with this drug so far."

Elizabeth1995 December 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "I'm on 30mg twice a day. My doctor started me on 15my twice a day and I noticed an extremely positive change within a week. I went from 5 anxiety attacks a day and constant feelings of anxiety to maybe one attack a week and feeling pretty ok. Since upped to 60mg a day, along with my celexa, the Buspar has definitely done it's job and prevents any general feelings of anxiety from blowing into full anxiety attacks. I can definately feel a negative difference when I've missed a day. My only concern is that about 20 minutes after I take my morning dose of Buspar, I usually get a dizzy, weak, passout feeling that persists for about a half hour. My doctor doesn't appear concerned about it but it does bother me and feels horrible for that time."

EmC18 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was put om buspar due to getting custody of my niece and nephew from dhr and getting a promotion to a new much more stressful job. The buspar helped keep me calm enough to focus at the tasks before me and help me get through my day to day life. I was super stressed and scared bc of all of the changes in my life and buspar helped me calm down and cope"

Kimberly959 December 4, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been on this stuff for probably about eight months now and, for me personally, it's about as effective as a sugar pill. My psychiatrist has me taking three 10mg pills three times a day, I keep telling him the stuff isn't doing anything for me, but I guess he's been thinking there MUST be a threshold for me or I doubt he'd have me taking 90mg a day. I gotta admit that I've been curious myself, and they don't seem to give me side effects of any kind, so I just keep taking them. I'm probably gonna stop and just stick to the venlafaxine because it seems to be starting to kick in now at 300mg. It's been six weeks since the switch from paroxetine (which worked well for 10 years), and I'm starting to feel pretty good again. Be patient."

Mike001 December 4, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I started taking this medication during a particularly stressful period in my life and continued it for about a year. It got me through a divorce and kept me within my stress threshold. I stopped taking it when I started feeling like I was on stable ground and had little if any withdrawal symptoms. After about a year, another stressful situation came up with my little sister tried to kill herself and I was in my first semester back to college with a full course load, trying to be a single mom to the best of my ability at the same time. It definitely doesn't work as strongly as it did the first round, but it makes the stress level manageable. It feels like he rock sitting on my chest has been removed, and then I can think through things"

jam6786876 November 30, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "This is the first anxiety medicine I have ever been on, and it is by far the worst experience ever. My moods are anxious, depressed, and irritable. At first, I thought I was just overwhelmed with school and work, after reading some other reviews, I realized it's the Buspar doing it to me. If I take one due to an anxiety attack, about an hour later I am crying and talking about how much I hate myself, then about 30 minutes after that stops, I get extremely irritable and everything makes me mad. I've quit taking it until my follow up appointment and I can get it changed. I will never try this again."

train wrecked November 30, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "If I could rate a 0 I would. While I was on it for only 4 weeks I became extremely irritable and was constantly hating myself. Worst meds I've ever been on and I've tried a lot."

Anonymous November 25, 2015