User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Amoxicillin/clavulanate Review Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 291 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"I was prescribed amoxicillin clavulanate for a urinary tract infection and I had very mild side effects. I had a slight headache for the first few days but after that I felt fine. I would definitely take this medicine again."

Ga peach (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2014

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "After a few days taking Augmentin I had shortness of breath, dizziness and my tongue starting to swell up. My skin felt like was on fire. I had to go to ER, doctor there said I was allergic to that medicine."

Donna louise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2013

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I took this for my urinary tract infection, and although it cleared that up, one of the side effects of this medicine was diarrhea and thrush. I got both, but the thrush was the worst. I had to stop the course of antibiotics before I should have because of the severity of my thrush which I also passed on to my partner, oh joy. I stopped taking it now 4 days ago and I still have a mild dose of thrush even though I have taken 2 Canestan tablets and now a Pessary... fingers crossed this should be the end of it."

ohjoy4me October 24, 2011

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I was on Augmentin twice a day for 7 days. I thought I would have diarrhea and cramps, headaches all the fun stuff with antibiotics but all that happened to me is about 2 hours after taking it I found myself VERY sleepy which it was bedtime anyways. Just try to take it 2 to 3 hours BEFORE bed so it won't upset you stomach while you are sleeping. Also what really helped me is drinking Dan Active yogurt so I get no diarrhea while taking it and it works well but I also was taking Culturelle (Probiotics). That AND the yogurt helped with diarrhea very well. "

Melani June 5, 2011

"I had prostrate cancer, and a very bad kidney infection for over 4 years. The doctor had prescribed many different medications, but nothing worked for over 4 years. He finally prescribed Amoxicillin and Clavulanate, Within 6 hours 99% of the burning had disappeared, and I could finally sleep more than 1 hour at a time. Great medicine for me."

James E.A. November 2, 2010

"I have been put on Augmentin 875mg-125mg twice a day for a urinary tract/kidney infection (E.coli strain). I have taken this medication before and so I wasn't concerned about any serious side effects. This medication works well for me, which says a lot considering I do have serious side effects to many things (compazine, droperidol, erythromycin). I felt better within 1 day of taking my dose and the only problem I am experiencing is a strange rattle/"percolating" feeling in my chest when I breathe. It's annoying but not preventing me from breathing, walking around or even going to work. I have taken a daily probiotic pill (Natures Way Primadophilus refrigerated) for years and I believe this is what prevents any upset stomach or yeast issues."

lyddy August 9, 2010