User Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Amoxicillin/clavulanate review summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by Ga peach (taken for less than 1 month):

I was prescribed amoxicillin clavulanate for a urinary tract infection and I had very mild side effects. I had a slight headache for the first few days but after that I felt fine. I would definitely take this medicine again.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 9:02 PM

Review by Donna louise (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): After a few days taking Augmentin I had shortness of breath, dizziness and my tongue starting to swell up. My skin felt like was on fire. I had to go to ER, doctor there said I was allergic to that medicine.

May 5, 2013 6:03 PM

Review by ohjoy4me:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): I took this for my urinary tract infection, and although it cleared that up, one of the side effects of this medicine was diarrhea and thrush. I got both, but the thrush was the worst. I had to stop the course of antibiotics before I should have because of the severity of my thrush which I also passed on to my partner, oh joy. I stopped taking it now 4 days ago and I still have a mild dose of thrush even though I have taken 2 Canestan tablets and now a Pessary... fingers crossed this should be the end of it.

October 24, 2011 1:55 PM

Review by Melani:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): I was on Augmentin twice a day for 7 days. I thought I would have diarrhea and cramps, headaches all the fun stuff with antibiotics but all that happened to me is about 2 hours after taking it I found myself VERY sleepy which it was bedtime anyways. Just try to take it 2 to 3 hours BEFORE bed so it won't upset you stomach while you are sleeping. Also what really helped me is drinking Dan Active yogurt so I get no diarrhea while taking it and it works well but I also was taking Culturelle (Probiotics). That AND the yogurt helped with diarrhea very well.

June 5, 2011 3:44 AM

Review by James E.A.:

I had prostrate cancer, and a very bad kidney infection for over 4 years. The doctor had prescribed many different medications, but nothing worked for over 4 years. He finally prescribed Amoxicillin and Clavulanate, Within 6 hours 99% of the burning had disappeared, and I could finally sleep more than 1 hour at a time. Great medicine for me.

November 2, 2010 12:10 PM

Review by lyddy:

I have been put on Augmentin 875mg-125mg twice a day for a urinary tract/kidney infection (E.coli strain). I have taken this medication before and so I wasn't concerned about any serious side effects. This medication works well for me, which says a lot considering I do have serious side effects to many things (compazine, droperidol, erythromycin). I felt better within 1 day of taking my dose and the only problem I am experiencing is a strange rattle/"percolating" feeling in my chest when I breathe. It's annoying but not preventing me from breathing, walking around or even going to work. I have taken a daily probiotic pill (Natures Way Primadophilus refrigerated) for years and I believe this is what prevents any upset stomach or yeast issues.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate