User Reviews for Ceftriaxone

Also known as: Rocephin

Learn more about Ceftriaxone.

Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 1 reviews 31 medications

5.7
Joint Infection 1 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Ceftriaxone reviews 41 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Ceftriaxone

For Bacterial Infection: "Wonder drug. Everytime I get strep/tonsillitus, this shot of Rocephin in the butt cheek is the ONLY thing that clears it up and fast. 1 GRAM IM, within hours the white stuff on my tonsils has gone away, fever gone, and feel like myself again. Complete waste of time taking oral antibiotics that aren't strong enough. Most foreign countries use Rochepin as first line of medicine to clear bacterial infection. Yet in the US they offer to torture you with countless oral antibiotics that don't work. I found one Urgent Care near me that always gives me a shot whenever I get tonsillitis..thank goodness."

Tonsil Girl (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: "My daughter had Scarlet fever and the docs gave her 2 shots in two days and the rash went away on the third day then of course I get sick went to the Dr yesterday and got the same shot and started feeling better within hours nose cleared up ALOT pain in my throat almost disappeared this shot hurts but soon worth it. I get bronchitis about twice a year and always get these shots this drug is awsome"

kay1989 December 31, 2015

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "I have been so sick I had average of 104 temp. Couldn't breathe. I went to the dr. They ran tests and xrays turns out I had pneumonia. They fave me two shots a steroid and also this besides my butt feeling sore I feel so much better. I also was given antibiotics. But three hours after this shot I can breathe without mini painful short breathes."

TamaraBeth December 2, 2015

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: "Got the shot in my hip last night for an infection in the lymph nodes in my neck. I felt a little better, but it made me even more sore and sensitive in my shoulders and chest afterwards. Now it's been a full day and all the pain is back, the only thing that isn't is the dizziness. So far, no real difference."

Sckit (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2015

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Kidney Infections: "An injection of Rocephin does hurt a little but it's reconstituted with Lidocaine to lessen the pain. If you are not faint at heart with shots and you don't have an allergen to the drug than it will work wonders for you."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2015

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: "2 day on med & I can breathe again. Very happy."

Marybethmp (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2015

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a stent put it for an obstructed kidney stone and developed a UTI was completely miserable went to my local ED and was given Rocephin I felt better by the time I was discharged. Never had an antibiotic work that fast."

Vandelynn (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2015

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Joint Infection: "Major gastrointestinal side effects including nausea and diarrhea"

PhilI nl (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I've gotten uti's twice a year for over a decade. Azo doesn't even take a little of the pain away...mine are always terrible! Uti hit me hard yesterday and I went to the clinic I asked for this shot based on people on the Internet saying it helped so fast. It's true. The shot hurts but nothing is worse than the pain of the uti. I felt better within hours. It's usually a couple of days before I get to feeling better using antibiotic pills so I definitely recommend the shot!!"

being a woman isn't fun (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2015

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "10 weeks pregnant and found out I had a bladder infection/urinary tract infection. Doctor first prescribed Macro. Those were the worst 3 days ever. I could not stop throwing up. The smell of food made me nauseous. I was weak and did not move from the bed for 3 day which is not like me at all. I am a very active person. I called the on-call doctor on Sunday night and she told me to stop taking Macro and to come in tomorrow to get the Rocephin shot. I have to say just from one day of being off Macro I already feel better but not 100%. I took the Rocephin shot and started to feel better little by little after 3 hours. I expected for the shot to hurt a lot. However, it only burned a little for a short period of time."

Dibursian (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2014

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated: "Worked so fast that before I left office I felt better"

Cleaning out (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2014

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Thank God for this shot! Doc had me on cephalaxin which only made it worse and then macro if which made me deathly sick. I couldn't take it anymore since I was pregnant and already miserable! OB gave me this shot in right hip and I couldn't feel more better. Turns out I don't have any pregnancy symptoms it was the urinary tract infection making me feel so awful! I felt better an hour after the shot and have been actually able to eat more than 2 bites of food since! Worth the burn and soreness afterwords."

Preggo (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2014

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "Saved my life when I had a bacterial pneumonia."

nurse annie April 15, 2014

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "I'm a healthy 71 year old male with one weakness - my lungs. I've had bronchitis as a boy and had pneumonia twice before and this is the third time getting pneumonia. The Rocephin was added to an slow intravenous drip. Good relief the first day and today, the second day of treatment, I got my appetite back. I have one more day of intravenous and I think I may be back to near normal."

Uncle Fred (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2013

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Very bad urinary tract infection. Was given Septra after three days still not better. Dr had me in office for IV Rocepehin. Problem cleared up within hours!"

jones2 November 23, 2013

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "Had a 102 degrees temp for 4 days, 101 degrees for 4 days. Felt like I was coughing up my lungs and could not catch my breath. Sounded like a gurgling sound in my lungs all the time. Was the worst I ever felt. Went to Dr. and got a shot and within 6 hrs I was ready to go cut the grass."

#1 October 18, 2013

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "Sick for 4 weeks, went to Doctor. Ear infection, sinus infection and bronchitis prescriptions of Augmentin and Mucinex. Since 6 months earlier I had pneumonia that took me out of work for short term disability, when I heard the tell tale "rattling" on my left side 8 days later, went back to Doctor. So after 5 weeks of coughing, sneezing, headaches and overwhelming tiredness, I received a shot of this. I had not had a shot of anything for many years and it did hurt. I am not a wimpy, owy person. It did hurt. It hurt for 45 minutes. But the next morning, I woke without coughing up a lung, rested, and feeling better than I had for a month. The second day (now) I am headed out to cut the grass after vacuuming the house. Yeah."

Brenda Bean (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2013

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "I wish I would have received as fast a healing as others had with Rocephin, but it still worked! I had a very severe case of pneumonia and was hospitalized for three weeks. I was given Rocephin by IV while in the hospital and four weeks at home. Although my illness was stubborn the Rocephin did it's job and now my lung is clear of infection. I am thankful for the doctor that prescribed the medicine and those that make it."

stubborn illness (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2013

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: "When I get sick, within 24 hrs, it goes into infection. This is the only shot that is strong enough to help the infection. My immune system cannot fight for me anymore and win, I only wish the shot had cured this infection. I had one on Thursday and after the injection at the dr office, within 8 hrs, all of the symptoms went away but came back 3 days later so I have to go back again today."

Anonymous February 6, 2012

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: "I was given Rocephin by i.v in ER. Within minutes I was having a severe anaphylactic reaction. I was in the hospital almost a week. Its a great medicine for other people in my family. For me ...sudden death. Be sure to remain at doctors office or ER for at least 30 mins after receiving this medicine... it could really make a difference if you are allergic."

Anonymous February 2, 2012

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Received Rocephin injection in left hip for urinary tract infection. The injection itself was not any worse than any other I've received, but as the medicine starts making its way into the body it becomes very uncomfortable. It feels very bruised and knotty at the injection site. However, I know this medicine works very well for this condition as I've had this twice previously, otherwise I would not put myself through the discomfort. It is only painful from about 2-3 minutes following the injection up to about 30 minutes following when the pain wears down to barely noticeable except when the area is touched. Its highly worth the brief pain and discomfort. I always feel much better within 24 hours following the shot."

Anonymous January 9, 2012

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "Great! Received IV drip and felt better in less than 6 hours after IV! Miracle!"

Locodriver January 7, 2012

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "I've been sick with what I thought was just a cold for the last 3 weeks and finally my cough got so bad the other day that it hurt in my back every time I coughed or took a deep breath. I went to the urgent care clinic and found out I have walking pneumonia. They gave me a shot of Rocephin and Dexatron. It didn't even take 30 mins. for it to begin working on my breathing and my lungs. I was already feeling halfway better when I left the doctors office and when I woke up today I feel almost back to normal. With the exception of my right buttock a little tender from the shots and I have a little leg pain. I am so thankful for this shot.I have been in misery for the last 3 weeks and it took less than 24 hours for this medicine to start healing."

Shanna2012 January 5, 2012

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Otitis Media: "I have been given this for otitis media and upper respiratory infections. It is a good "kick start" but the full effect is only achieved after a three-day course of injections. It works but is quite painful, especially for pediatric patients."

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Otitis Media: "My daughter gets ear infections and along with that she gets nightly vomiting. Keeping the oral antibiotics down is difficult then after 10 days its still not gone. Thanks for Rocephin it is the only thing that really gets the job done. Why have your little one suffer?"

tkk1229 July 21, 2011