User Reviews for Ceftriaxone

Also known as: Rocephin

Learn more about Ceftriaxone.

STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications

6.3
Kidney Infections 1 reviews 92 medications

3.5
Bacteremia 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bone infection 0 reviews 63 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Conjunctivitis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endocarditis 0 reviews 52 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endometritis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Non-Specific 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epiglottitis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Joint Infection 0 reviews 58 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Neurologic 1 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 97 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Neurosyphilis 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syphilis, Early 0 reviews 52 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ceftriaxone reviews 29 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Ceftriaxone

Review by nurse annie:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: Saved my life when I had a bacterial pneumonia.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2014 12:54 AM

Review by Uncle Fred (taken for less than 1 month):

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: I'm a healthy 71 year old male with one weakness - my lungs. I've had bronchitis as a boy and had pneumonia twice before and this is the third time getting pneumonia. The Rocephin was added to an slow intravenous drip. Good relief the first day and today, the second day of treatment, I got my appetite back. I have one more day of intravenous and I think I may be back to near normal.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2013 12:24 AM

Review by jones2:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: Very bad urinary tract infection. Was given Septra after three days still not better. Dr had me in office for IV Rocepehin. Problem cleared up within hours!

November 23, 2013 9:29 AM

Review by #1:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: Had a 102 degrees temp for 4 days, 101 degrees for 4 days. Felt like I was coughing up my lungs and could not catch my breath. Sounded like a gurgling sound in my lungs all the time. Was the worst I ever felt. Went to Dr. and got a shot and within 6 hrs I was ready to go cut the grass.

October 18, 2013 6:13 PM

Review by Brenda Bean (taken for less than 1 month):

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: Sick for 4 weeks, went to Doctor. Ear infection, sinus infection and bronchitis prescriptions of Augmentin and Mucinex. Since 6 months earlier I had pneumonia that took me out of work for short term disability, when I heard the tell tale "rattling" on my left side 8 days later, went back to Doctor. So after 5 weeks of coughing, sneezing, headaches and overwhelming tiredness, I received a shot of this. I had not had a shot of anything for many years and it did hurt. I am not a wimpy, owy person. It did hurt. It hurt for 45 minutes. But the next morning, I woke without coughing up a lung, rested, and feeling better than I had for a month. The second day (now) I am headed out to cut the grass after vacuuming the house. Yeah.

March 30, 2013 8:56 AM

Review by stubborn illness (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: I wish I would have received as fast a healing as others had with Rocephin, but it still worked! I had a very severe case of pneumonia and was hospitalized for three weeks. I was given Rocephin by IV while in the hospital and four weeks at home. Although my illness was stubborn the Rocephin did it's job and now my lung is clear of infection. I am thankful for the doctor that prescribed the medicine and those that make it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2013 12:18 PM

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: When I get sick, within 24 hrs, it goes into infection. This is the only shot that is strong enough to help the infection. My immune system cannot fight for me anymore and win, I only wish the shot had cured this infection. I had one on Thursday and after the injection at the dr office, within 8 hrs, all of the symptoms went away but came back 3 days later so I have to go back again today.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2012 7:57 AM

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: I was given Rocephin by i.v in ER. Within minutes I was having a severe anaphylactic reaction. I was in the hospital almost a week. Its a great medicine for other people in my family. For me ...sudden death. Be sure to remain at doctors office or ER for at least 30 mins after receiving this medicine... it could really make a difference if you are allergic.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2012 8:31 PM

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: Received Rocephin injection in left hip for urinary tract infection. The injection itself was not any worse than any other I've received, but as the medicine starts making its way into the body it becomes very uncomfortable. It feels very bruised and knotty at the injection site. However, I know this medicine works very well for this condition as I've had this twice previously, otherwise I would not put myself through the discomfort. It is only painful from about 2-3 minutes following the injection up to about 30 minutes following when the pain wears down to barely noticeable except when the area is touched. Its highly worth the brief pain and discomfort. I always feel much better within 24 hours following the shot.

January 9, 2012 10:41 AM

Review by Locodriver:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: Great! Received IV drip and felt better in less than 6 hours after IV! Miracle!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2012 3:14 AM

Review by Shanna2012:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: I've been sick with what I thought was just a cold for the last 3 weeks and finally my cough got so bad the other day that it hurt in my back every time I coughed or took a deep breath. I went to the urgent care clinic and found out I have walking pneumonia. They gave me a shot of Rocephin and Dexatron. It didn't even take 30 mins. for it to begin working on my breathing and my lungs. I was already feeling halfway better when I left the doctors office and when I woke up today I feel almost back to normal. With the exception of my right buttock a little tender from the shots and I have a little leg pain. I am so thankful for this shot.I have been in misery for the last 3 weeks and it took less than 24 hours for this medicine to start healing.

January 5, 2012 8:55 AM

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Otitis Media: I have been given this for otitis media and upper respiratory infections. It is a good "kick start" but the full effect is only achieved after a three-day course of injections. It works but is quite painful, especially for pediatric patients.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2011 10:41 PM

Review by tkk1229:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Otitis Media: My daughter gets ear infections and along with that she gets nightly vomiting. Keeping the oral antibiotics down is difficult then after 10 days its still not gone. Thanks for Rocephin it is the only thing that really gets the job done. Why have your little one suffer?

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2011 10:06 PM

Review by Innovator2020:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Intraabdominal Infection: I was placed on a 30-day course of Rocephin via I.V. infusion (PICC line) by my infectious diseases doctor to handle a persistent, recurring and resistant strain of E coli that had caused a very serious intestinal infection. The infection caused perforation and led to an emergency ileocecectomy, partial colectomy and resection of my sigmoid colon. Taking the Rocephin was easy - it came in small pre-pressurized "bulbs" that I attached to the PICC line once a day and then carried around with me in a pocket for 30-40 minutes while it administered the proper dosage. Rocephin worked wonderfully for me, with zero side effects. My white blood cell count fell back to normal levels within a week of starting the treatment, and I have been infection-free now for more than 90 days.

March 23, 2011 10:38 AM

Review by TBranch:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: Sore Throat Guy: About a week ago I had a sore throat. I begantaking two pills a day of Augmentin which had always worked well for me but not this time and I had taken about 7 days of it. Yesterday I returned to my family doctor because I began having a very bad ear ache. He decided to give me a shot of Rocephin. The nurse came in with the shot and she told me that it was going to hurt. I told her I wanted it in my left hip. She again told me it was going to hurt I told her. She said here we go and I saw when she inserted the needle and I told her I didn't even feel it she sorta laughed. Then she began injecting it and I've had shots before however she was right. IT HURT! Today my pain is 99.9% gone. So it worked great for me.

November 30, 2010 10:59 AM

Review by RSiiro:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: Being given IV Rocephin 1 gram for severe injury to left ear as prophylaxis to prevent infection. After two days (two doses) I have not experienced any side effects at all, nor any signs of infection.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2010 4:47 PM

Review by betternow:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: Was given this after ER visit with severe testicular, urethra, and kidney pain. Tests for STD's were negative (ER did this anyway), so only conclusion was very bad UTI. Medicine (shot in buttocks) cleared up problem within 72 hrs, even though azithromycin (1 g dose) given for bronchitis 1 week earlier did not.

January 10, 2010 12:42 AM

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: Noticed major improvement 4 hours after injection.

December 18, 2009 5:03 PM

Review by the 3 O's:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Kidney Infections: I had an allergic reaction to this medicine. This drug could be a good drug for others but it wasn't a good one for me.

October 13, 2009 12:05 AM

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: My son had an unexplained high fever (103.5) for almost 5 days. He was admitted to the hospital and was given iv Rocephin, and within 24 hrs the fever was gone and he was his old self again. We never quite knew what caused his fever, but whatever it was the Rocephin worked.

September 7, 2009 3:31 PM

Review by JJM:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Lyme Disease, Neurologic: Started on 8/30, for 28 days. As of today, feeling somewhat better, physically. Cognitively remains to be seen.

September 2, 2009 8:39 PM

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Otitis Media: My son had sever ear infection and was placed on two different antibiotics. Neither worked. After having FIVE straight days of a fever of 104 and vomiting the doctor gave my two year old a shot of Rocephin and his fever was gone by the next morning and his ears started to clear up. Thank you to the makers of this medicine.

September 1, 2009 11:56 PM

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: I was told by my physician after tests that I had pneumonia. He gave me a shot of rocephin. The next morning I was almost back to normal, except for having a very sore butt. I feel much better.

August 20, 2009 6:44 PM

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: I received 1 gram in each hip once per week for 3 weeks to knock out an infection I had. It's been a month since my last injection. I think I can still feel the 6 lumps in my hips, but it knocked out the infection.

June 25, 2009 11:55 AM

Review by shut up:

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: Very good drug. Has worked very well for my daughter's ear infections.

June 24, 2009 1:27 PM