Urinary Tract Infection Medications
Definition of Urinary Tract Infection:
A urinary tract infection, or UTI, is an infection that can happen anywhere along the urinary tract -- the kidneys, the ureters (the tubes that take urine from each kidney to the bladder), the bladder, or the urethra (the tube that empties urine from the bladder to the outside). Most commonly, infections affect the lower urinary tract (bladder and urethra), which is called cystitis.
Drugs associated with Urinary Tract Infection
The following drugs and medications are in some way related to, or used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection. This service should be used as a supplement to, and NOT a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners.
Alternative treatments for Urinary Tract Infection
The following products are considered to be alternative treatments or natural remedies for Urinary Tract Infection. Their efficacy may not have been scientifically tested to the same degree as the drugs listed in the table above. However there may be historical, cultural or anecdotal evidence linking their use to the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.
Topics under Urinary Tract Infection
- Bladder Infection (66 drugs in 4 topics)
- Candida Urinary Tract Infection (8 drugs)
- Kidney Infections (61 drugs)
- Urinary Acidification (31 drugs)
- Urinary Alkalinization (12 drugs)
Learn more about Urinary Tract Infection
Micromedex® Care Notes:
- Acute Pyelonephritis
- Nonspecific Urethritis In Men
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Adolescents
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Adolescents, Ambulatory Care
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Ambulatory Care
- Urinary Tract Infection In Children
- Urinary Tract Infection In Children, Ambulatory Care
- Urinary Tract Infection In Men
- Urinary Tract Infection In Men, Ambulatory Care
- Urinary Tract Infection In Women
Drugs.com Health Center:
- Antibiotics and Alcohol
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Antibiotics - Common Side Effects, Allergies and Reactions
- Antibiotic Shortages: A Serious Safety Concern
- Antibiotics and Birth Control Pill Interactions: Fact or Fallacy?
- Why Don’t Antibiotics Kill Viruses?
- Top 7 FAQs on UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections)
Synonym(s): Acute Bacterial Cystitis; Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection; Chronic Urinary Tract Infection; Cystitis, acute bacterial; Infection, Urinary Tract; UTI