Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Kidney Infections 5 reviews 92 medications

Prostatitis 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cephalexin reviews 97 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Cephalexin

Review by ThisStuffWorksGreat:

For Skin Infection: This is my 3rd time on this in the past 5 months "3 pills a day for a week" for a skin infection/eczema ( pompholyx ) that keeps reoccurring and this always clears it up! It gets the job done.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2014 9:23 PM

Review by Ksmom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Otitis Media: This is the other thing that will get rid of my ear infections. It's cheaper than other medications that don't work.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 9:43 PM

Review by Fab420 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: I have foliculitis that started from a insect bite. This medicine works but my skin feels so hot all over my body when I take it. It feels feverish but no actual fever. It does work very well though. I'm just so hot!

August 17, 2014 8:22 AM

Review by Ashxoxo:

For Skin Infection: Was given 500mg 3 x daily for 10 days for pimple like rash bumps all over body and for a bladder infection--today is my first day already experiencing ringing in ears- diarrhea-- blurry vision-- and a headache. Not too thrilled I guess I'll have to play this out carefully.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 5:39 PM

Review by Tay94 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: I'm 24 weeks an 4 days pregnant.. My doctor prescribed me this medicine.. I haven't had any side effects.. I'm on the 4th day of taking it.. Everything going good..The only bad thing is the smell, I about get sick because of it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 5:19 PM

Review by Lindsay Rae:

For Bacterial Infection: I came down with a bad urinary tract infection 3 days ago and I was put on Bactrim twice a day. I have had several UTIs before and it has worked in the past. However, this time around 2 days after the medicine I wasn't seeing improvements so I went back to the doctor and switched to cephalexin. Last night was my first dose and I woke up this morning feeling completely normal again. I like to read these reviews so I figured I'd post this to let everyone else know. Cephalexin works well.

July 21, 2014 3:03 PM

Review by Vegasgirl22:

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin Infection: Got multiple venomous spider bites on left buttocks... Turned into a staph infection. Before taking the medicine I was in so much pain I could barely sit or lay down. Been on the medicine for two days now at 500mg twice a day (along with Epsom salt baths) and it has already GREATLY improved my infection, the sores, and my ability to sit!

July 2, 2014 6:08 PM

Review by wrecks bored (taken for less than 1 month):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin Infection: I fell off my longboard and made quite idiotic dressing decisions. After 3 days I saw a doctor who prescribed this and silver sulfadiazine. After 10 days it completely healed. Unfortunately I have had another tumble, this time with broken wrist and 10 open wounds. On it again. Trusting old Keflex to help again.

May 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Review by Misdiagnosis (taken for less than 1 month):

For Kidney Infections: I had just taken Diflucan for what I thought was a yeast infection. Then I got a sinus infection and I started taking cephalexin. I noticed 3 days in, some back pain (flank pain just to the left if my spine) I had been having for a few weeks suddenly went away. I went back to the doctor, who agreed that I probably originally had a bladder infection that spread to one of my kidneys. Glad I got the sinus infection or who knows what would have happened. The medication made me feel a little nauseated after the first few days, but it's possible that feeling was related to the sickness.

April 30, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by all fixed up! (taken for less than 1 month):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin Infection: I had to take a double dosage of Keflex. I weigh about 115lbs and had to take 500mg 4 times a day for 10 days. I didn't have any issues with side effects or drinking alcohol while on it. It was prescribed as a precaution after I accidentally got a cut on my leg that required 13 stitches. The only dissatisfactory attribute was the horrid sulfur smell of the capsules.

March 23, 2014 5:06 PM

Review by All gone (taken for less than 1 month):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin Infection: I had recurring boils in one area. They would show up randomly so the dr. was never able to take a culture since they would come to a head and then pop whenever. He put me on a 20 day regimen of Keflex (500) and another ointment antibiotic that he told me to dab into my nose. He said for some odd reason, boils seem to start in the nose. I followed the instructions and had a minor recurrence several months later. I went immediately to see him so he put me back on Keflex. These boils were clustered and leaving scars in the area. They haven't recurred and the scars are gone. Since I caught them starting the 2nd time, they never had a chance to come to a head because I stayed on top of it. I highly recommend it for a skin bacterial infection.

February 25, 2014 7:21 PM

Review by leca:

For Bladder Infection: Cephalexin made me sick. Might change to something else.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by C93 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bladder Infection: Been taking this medication everyday for about a year now as I have renal failure and recurrent urinary tract infection problems. No side effects at all for me. However, if I forget to take it one day I will get a infection nearly instantly so it's obviously working well.

December 19, 2013 9:43 PM

Review by Kate25:

For Skin Infection: Was prescribed Keflex for a minor but painful infection as a result of an ingrown toenail. Took 250mg 3x/day for seven days and saw results after one day. Only side effect was acid reflux immediately after taking pill. I also take probiotics everyday so that may have helped to prevent other side effects.

December 9, 2013 8:19 PM

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin Infection: Took 200mg four x/day for 7 days. Cellulitis was still very pink and ozing. Now trying doxycyline for 10 days.

October 29, 2013 9:13 PM

Review by Rose93:

For Skin Infection: I had a small but very painful boil and the dr gave me cephalexin. It worked really well and cleared it within a couple of days but the side effects were terrible. I had bad gas and cramps along with diarrhoea.

September 15, 2013 9:10 PM

Review by jas jas13:

Keflex (cephalexin) for Acne: I have been getting these painful boils under my arm since I was 15-16. Now I'm 21. Like a month after I had my baby, my face broke out really, really bad. Cephalexin(Keflex) cleared it right up. I don't get boils any more.

August 23, 2013 12:52 PM

Keflex (cephalexin) for Kidney Infections: My daughter was prescribed this and broke out in a rash all over her. I am sure she was allergic.

August 9, 2013 9:30 AM

Review by fatalefemme (taken for less than 1 month):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin Infection: This medication gave me really bad travelling gas with cold sweats and made me very nauseous on the very first pill! I might ask my doctor to replace this medication for something else. I find it very strong, especially for a mild skin infection due to a spider bite!

July 23, 2013 1:26 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: I had perioral dermatitis, literally came out of nowhere, originally thought it was a pimple, then the next day just all around my mouth to the point where it hurt to talk, I left it for another day avoiding people, then the next day it got even worse, that is when I panicked. I could barely talk, eating was out of the question (thank God for Ensure and protein shakes). The doctor prescribed Keflex for me, 500mg, four times a day for ten days. It seriously worked wonders. Now I am back on this medication again for the same thing 8 months later, my doctor has no idea what causes it and apparently neither does Google. Anyways, I feel I can rest easy knowing I am on this product again and that it will be cleared up within the 10 days.

July 18, 2013 12:25 AM

For Bladder Infection: I am very sensitive to antibiotics. Bactrim makes me nauseous, gives me a rapid heart beat, and makes me feel like I have a fever. Cephalexin on the other hand, doesn't make me feel sick at all. The only thing it really does it make me EXHAUSTED for the first 1-3 hours after taking the dose, and makes me feel high during that time. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. However, if I stand up during this 1-3 hour time frame, I do get a little dizzy and slightly nauseous, but it's nothing. Overall, good medicine.

July 9, 2013 11:15 PM

Review by Woo hoo:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Works great!

June 10, 2013 12:13 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Kidney Infections: Works great for my urine tract infections. Even when I'm sick with a cold! I highly recommend it.

June 4, 2013 5:16 AM

Review by jake.......:

For Skin Infection: I had a spider bite, 2 red circular spots on my leg (very itchy). Went away in about 4 days after medicine.

May 13, 2013 3:07 AM

Review by Peach314:

For Skin Infection: Penicillin VK did -0-; Keflex cleared up a BAD infection from getting a 2 inch splinter out of the upper half of the bottom of my foot. Side effects were miserable: PAIN, fatigue, constipation; now 6 days since last doses. STILL, Keflex cleared up the infection that had a BROWN/YELLOW discharge. A STRANGE antibiotic, but I'd rather have pain than cellulitis.

April 2, 2013 12:16 PM