Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Kidney Infections 6 reviews 92 medications

Prostatitis 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cephalexin reviews 106 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Cephalexin

Review by Pregnant Nurse (taken for less than 1 month):

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I am 34 weeks pregnant and I was prescribed Cephalexin to treat both my urinary tract infection/Bronchitis. I've taken the medicine for 5 days now and although my UTI has cleared up my lungs still sound horrible and I still have a nasty cough.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2015 11:02 AM

Review by Borinquen (taken for less than 1 month):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: I took it for a bacteria in my urine and right now I have no more pressure when I have to pee and no more smell in the urine. I am happy again. Thanks Keflex

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2015 11:20 AM

Review by ms. ng (taken for 10 years or more):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: Cystitis for what seems forever. Take Keflex 500mg. when an attack occurs. Told later by chemist who knew how often I get Cystitis, could go on preventative 250mg. daily so saw Dr. who said OK. After being months free, Dr.said no, go off it for a while. Three weeks later, worst dose of Cystitis ever. Luckily have Keflex on hand so along with Ural, will be seeing Dr. very soon. What's the risk of being on a preventative dose every day?

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 8:24 PM

Review by lorenda:

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: Cleared up my abscess ..Also I kept getting bacterial vaginitis for a year straight. I swear my bacterial vaginitis cleared up! This actually works to clear that up also. I thought my bacterial vaginitis issue was stuck with me forever.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2015 8:48 PM

Review by GloryGirl2005 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: I was prescribed this following a Bactrim DS prescription that was causing me problems. I did not have any real issues with Cephalexin but it did not clear up my Paronychia infection as I had hoped. I would take this again as it was gentle and no side effects at all.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 12:49 PM

Review by Reyna del Reyes:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: After suffering with a respiratory tract infection for well over a year(which doctors kept swearing was viral and nothing they could do except refill my athsma meds since the coughing fits caused athsma attacks) I was actually prescribed this for a urinary tract infection in early pregnancy and my respiratory tract infection is almost non existent after 3 days!

January 19, 2015 10:39 AM

Review by RZMom (taken for less than 1 month):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: Prescribed by ER doc for bladder infection. It's giving me dry mouth, diarrhea and bad gas but it's tolerable. Drink lots of water right after you take it.

January 17, 2015 2:47 PM

Review by LeeLee123:

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: I have suffered with reoccurring bladder infections or symptoms of bladder infections for the past 7 years without any relief up until this past April 2014 when I was referred to a specialist by my urologist who himself could not help me. I was prescribed Keflex by this specialist and it has seemed to be the miracle I have been needing up until a month ago when my symptoms reappeared. Not sure if my body has become immune to the Keflex but I am back suffering with on again off again symptoms making my life miserable.

December 1, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by BreStar420:

For Kidney Infections: I am on day 2 of Keflex for a kidney infection from an untreated urinary tract infection. I am allergic to most antibiotics such as amoxicillin and erythromycin so I was hesitant to try this. I am so happy to say I have no allergic reaction and no diarrhea! I do feel some tingling sensations in my head and a tiny bit of anxiety (probably all in my head) but nothing compared to an antibiotic like Levaquin. I think I found my new go-to antibiotic!

November 20, 2014 8:33 PM

Review by ThisStuffWorksGreat:

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: This is my 3rd time on this in the past 5 months "3 pills a day for a week" for a skin infection/eczema ( pompholyx ) that keeps reoccurring and this always clears it up! It gets the job done.

October 7, 2014 9:23 PM

Review by Ksmom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Otitis Media: This is the other thing that will get rid of my ear infections. It's cheaper than other medications that don't work.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 9:43 PM

Review by Fab420 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: I have foliculitis that started from a insect bite. This medicine works but my skin feels so hot all over my body when I take it. It feels feverish but no actual fever. It does work very well though. I'm just so hot!

August 17, 2014 8:22 AM

Review by Ashxoxo:

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: Was given 500mg 3 x daily for 10 days for pimple like rash bumps all over body and for a bladder infection--today is my first day already experiencing ringing in ears- diarrhea-- blurry vision-- and a headache. Not too thrilled I guess I'll have to play this out carefully.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 5:39 PM

Review by Tay94 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: I'm 24 weeks an 4 days pregnant.. My doctor prescribed me this medicine.. I haven't had any side effects.. I'm on the 4th day of taking it.. Everything going good..The only bad thing is the smell, I about get sick because of it.

July 28, 2014 5:19 PM

Review by Lindsay Rae:

For Bacterial Infection: I came down with a bad urinary tract infection 3 days ago and I was put on Bactrim twice a day. I have had several UTIs before and it has worked in the past. However, this time around 2 days after the medicine I wasn't seeing improvements so I went back to the doctor and switched to cephalexin. Last night was my first dose and I woke up this morning feeling completely normal again. I like to read these reviews so I figured I'd post this to let everyone else know. Cephalexin works well.

July 21, 2014 3:03 PM

Review by Vegasgirl22:

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: Got multiple venomous spider bites on left buttocks... Turned into a staph infection. Before taking the medicine I was in so much pain I could barely sit or lay down. Been on the medicine for two days now at 500mg twice a day (along with Epsom salt baths) and it has already GREATLY improved my infection, the sores, and my ability to sit!

July 2, 2014 6:08 PM

Review by wrecks bored (taken for less than 1 month):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: I fell off my longboard and made quite idiotic dressing decisions. After 3 days I saw a doctor who prescribed this and silver sulfadiazine. After 10 days it completely healed. Unfortunately I have had another tumble, this time with broken wrist and 10 open wounds. On it again. Trusting old Keflex to help again.

May 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Review by Misdiagnosis (taken for less than 1 month):

For Kidney Infections: I had just taken Diflucan for what I thought was a yeast infection. Then I got a sinus infection and I started taking cephalexin. I noticed 3 days in, some back pain (flank pain just to the left if my spine) I had been having for a few weeks suddenly went away. I went back to the doctor, who agreed that I probably originally had a bladder infection that spread to one of my kidneys. Glad I got the sinus infection or who knows what would have happened. The medication made me feel a little nauseated after the first few days, but it's possible that feeling was related to the sickness.

April 30, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by all fixed up! (taken for less than 1 month):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: I had to take a double dosage of Keflex. I weigh about 115lbs and had to take 500mg 4 times a day for 10 days. I didn't have any issues with side effects or drinking alcohol while on it. It was prescribed as a precaution after I accidentally got a cut on my leg that required 13 stitches. The only dissatisfactory attribute was the horrid sulfur smell of the capsules.

March 23, 2014 5:06 PM

Review by All gone (taken for less than 1 month):

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: I had recurring boils in one area. They would show up randomly so the dr. was never able to take a culture since they would come to a head and then pop whenever. He put me on a 20 day regimen of Keflex (500) and another ointment antibiotic that he told me to dab into my nose. He said for some odd reason, boils seem to start in the nose. I followed the instructions and had a minor recurrence several months later. I went immediately to see him so he put me back on Keflex. These boils were clustered and leaving scars in the area. They haven't recurred and the scars are gone. Since I caught them starting the 2nd time, they never had a chance to come to a head because I stayed on top of it. I highly recommend it for a skin bacterial infection.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2014 7:21 PM

Review by leca:

For Bladder Infection: Cephalexin made me sick. Might change to something else.

January 25, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by C93 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bladder Infection: Been taking this medication everyday for about a year now as I have renal failure and recurrent urinary tract infection problems. No side effects at all for me. However, if I forget to take it one day I will get a infection nearly instantly so it's obviously working well.

December 19, 2013 9:43 PM

Review by Kate25:

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: Was prescribed Keflex for a minor but painful infection as a result of an ingrown toenail. Took 250mg 3x/day for seven days and saw results after one day. Only side effect was acid reflux immediately after taking pill. I also take probiotics everyday so that may have helped to prevent other side effects.

December 9, 2013 8:19 PM

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: Took 200mg four x/day for 7 days. Cellulitis was still very pink and ozing. Now trying doxycyline for 10 days.

October 29, 2013 9:13 PM

Review by Rose93:

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: I had a small but very painful boil and the dr gave me cephalexin. It worked really well and cleared it within a couple of days but the side effects were terrible. I had bad gas and cramps along with diarrhoea.

September 15, 2013 9:10 PM