User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Bone infection 1 reviews 62 medications

Acne 3 reviews 518 medications

6.2
Summary of Cephalexin reviews 137 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Cephalexin

For Bacterial Infection: "Took this drug and got the following results: a dislocated hip; a tear in the tendon of my right foot and hands and thumbs that are inflamed and very painful. It affected my joints and tendons. The literature does not recommend for women over 60 or on Metformin. Stay away from this drug. It can be devastating."

Fitzsx February 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 500mg @ 3x daily for a cyst that I didn't have (the "Doctor" gave me a 5-second exam). Three days later I'm out of bed at 3:00 a.m. with my neuropathy more painful that ever. Since then I've been experiencing "spells" or "episodes" in which I experience severe disorientation, painful vertigo, respiratory and circulatory problems. It also rendered me impotent (all of which has been going on since August 2015). I also have little control of urinating as I cannot tell when, nor can I feel the urine leaving. I can't even stop it "midstream". My gut is finally returning to "normal", yet, because of what the Cephelaxin did, I still need to be near facilities when I have to go."

Jesse1953 January 20, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Was just starting and took one pill....about 2 hours later I was experiencing horrid stomach pains and vomiting. I also was in a very confused state. Had to go to the E.R! Switched to Bactrim and having a much better time."

Asteriaa January 13, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I was given Cephalexin to help with cyst on my ear cartilage and ear lobe. The area on the back side of my lobe was noticeably smaller by the third or fourth day. (So about halfway through). I saw an ENT and he numbed and drained my ear cartilage, and gave me the same prescription. So far so good. I also have a prescription I haven't yet taken, because it's for after surgery in a few days."

MDMA6990 (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "My symptoms : Strange pain at the tip of urethra (only at the end of my urination) and sudden increase in frequency of urination. Treatment: After three days of pain went to doctor she recommended cephalexin twice a day for 7 days (plus plenty of water !) Effects: Pain started to reduce within 2 days. Frequency is reducing slowly. This medicine definitely works!"

shivarni December 31, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I got put on cephalexin for an untreated UTI which obviously spread to my kidneys, I am current on day 3 and I do feel so much better kidney pain and urinating wise, but it gives me insane dirrahea, makes me feel very nauseous, makes me confused with really bad anxiety, and gives me killer heartburn. I am currently on 500mg 4 times a day"

Taytaybrizzl December 30, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Brilliant drug. I like it so much better than Cipro. Worked fast, no problems at all. I hope to use it again if there is another UTI. I feel like my old self again, and there are a few left to take."

Fotofem December 24, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Keflex 500 mg 3 times a day is slowly but surely getting rid of my folliculitis. It took about 3 days for the infection to stop weeping, another 2 days later it has almost completely dried up. No discernible side effects for me."

Netsirk December 21, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I have an abscess growing in my nose. Basically it is a puss fill pimple. Very disgusting to know this is inside my sensitive nose. I was prescribed 500 mg 4 times a day. Within the 4th dose I noticed the pain in my nose less and less. I am on day 4 and although I feel the occasional tenderness in my nose the meds are working. But...I feel horrible. I have constant stomach cramps, tightness where it hurts to bend over or reach for something where I use my stomach muscles. I have gas and I'm bloated. I feel dizzy to the point I occasionally lose balance. So far I haven't had diarrhea, probably because I tend to be constipated lately due to other issues. I have though used the bathroom twice a day but it is a relief to go."

StomachInKnots (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had a blister that got infected from wearing tight boots for a few hours and then bam! I got an infection so I went to the nurse and got me some pills of Keflex for 4X a day for five days and an antibiotic cream. I feel much better. Don't ever wear tight shoes, ever."

Tall lady with big feet. (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Was on cephalexin 4 times a day for 1 week to treat an infected burn. It treated the infection nice and quick with a few side effects. I threw up twice while on it despite taking the pills with food as instructed. It caused nausea and diarrhea near the end of my prescription which made me feel horrible. I also had increased anxiety while on the medication."

natgaudet December 7, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "drug works, but it can nearly kill you. Side effects for me were same as heart attack. If your allergic It can kill you. Take at your own risk. If you are allergic to penicillin DO NOT TAKE IT. Dr will tell you only 1-10% of people show reactions, but you could be that 1 % and be dead too. It was a bad experience."

floare November 29, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "Keflex treated my bladder infection successfully with no noticeable side effects, and was also very affordable."

frances123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Seemed to work a little at first with the cramps fullness but then the third day my frequency came back with a vengeance. Had to pee about 40x during the night didn't get any sleep. Worst bladder infection I've had ever and haven't had one in 10 years. I am 13 weeks pregnant so doctor just switched me to another safe pill today. Hopefully this one will wok!"

Boese7 November 15, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm currently half way through my keflex treatment for a skin infection on my ankle I'm prescribed 500mg twice a day for 30 days. I wish I could be one of the few to say this has been a pleasant experience. I'm not sure if whatever this infection is is just highly resistant or was just that bad, but I'm on week 3 and have only seen mild improvement so far. Plus this stinky antibiotic is making me miserable... Nausea, diarrhea 5xs a day on average, stomach cramps, and joint aches. I've been taking probiotics the entire time I've been on keflex because I've always had issues with yeast infections even prior to this. I plan on calling the dr tomorrow to see if I have any alternatives."

NoThnx (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 500mg of Cephalexin for a staph infection on my face. I took 4 pills a day for 2 weeks. I was surprised to come on this site and find some bad reviews and side effects because my experience with this medication has been phenomenal! My bacterial infection cleared up within days! I had no side effects, and I am not having any problems with diarrhea (though if you do have this problem, you can take something with the pill). The medication definitely smells bad haha, but I learned that that is completely normal. It's doesn't really "taste" like anything because you just drink it with water and swallow it anyways. I definitely recommend Cephalexin."

Tess DP October 14, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I had folliculitis. My Doctor prescribed to me 500 mg 4 times a day for ten days. I had to stop at day 6. I had diarrhea up to 5 times a day. Then I got a yeast infection on my penis right after I stopped taking cephalexin. Currently, I have candida overgrowth and it is not going away. I wished I never took this antibiotic... it does more harm than it does help."

dontenjoythecephalexin September 20, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I get UTI's every other month, due to an autoimmune disease. Nothing works well for me except Cephalexin 500 mg by Lupin, two per day for 5 days. No side effects at all, but some reviews here list 4 times daily. I wouldn't ever take that much, because it isn't necessary for me."

TexasLiz7 September 17, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I had back pains for three days and unable to sleep comfortably. By the four day I couldn't even take a deep breath. I tried Salonpas along with back massagers and soaking. Nothing helped! I went to the E.R. urine test revealed elevated white cell .They prescribed me cephalexin 500 mg three times a day. I was in so much discomfort I started the medication immediately! I felt 100% better the very next day. I have been drinking water and cranberry juice."

Flintstonia (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Doctor gave me this after frequent super painful UTIs and it works so fast! This is a great medication."

Anonymous September 9, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Taking Keflex for a possible uti, 500mg 4x's a day for 7 days. Within 15 minutes of taking pill I get severe indigestion & heartburn. I already suffer from gerd & this makes it ten times worse. I have also had mild itching & blurry vision. I have 27weeks pregnant so there's not a lot of antibiotics out there that are safe to take so I guess I'm going to going to try & stick it out & finish it even though the heartburn is so bad I want to stop."

Anonymous August 21, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I took it for ten days for a skin infection. Cleared it up in ten days. Despite taking so many probiotics and eating yogurt, I got severe diarrhea and I STILL have mild diarrhea. Also, if you're a woman, be prepared for a yeast infection. It's driving me insane."

sickofbeingsick11 August 4, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Side effects included constipation, headache, joint pain."

Mom2Matoskah (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I am 15 weeks pregnant and got my first bladder infection of the pregnancy, and hopefully the last as I'm sure I know what caused it. My OB prescribed Cephalexin 500mg twice a day for 7 days. I took my first dose last night. I took it on a somewhat empty stomach but because I was going to sleep didn't think too much of it. I woke up feeling a little dizzy and nauseated but already NO pain with urination! I'll just make sure to take it with food from now on. Overall this is a great antibiotic for me, someone who is pretty sensitive to medications."

Drs2489 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "The pill stinks really bad but it got rid of an infection I had in my scalp , odd though I have these 2 swollen lymph nodes on both sides of my neck , im wondering if I should seek medical help for a allergic reaction, but they go down when I stop taking cephalexin. Today's my last pill so it shouldn't be a problem although these swollen nodes feel like they can pop at an second. actually to mention it my jaw is also sore and its hard to chew maybe I should get help its not really affecting my breathing tho idk. maybe not I cant afford to miss anymore class I already missed 2 days because of this concussion and contusion."

Jonny2cents July 19, 2015