User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Kidney Infections 6 reviews 89 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications

Prostatitis 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cephalexin reviews 111 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Cephalexin

For Bladder Infection: "Given these 500g x3 times a day capsules at the same time of suffering horrendous morning sickness. They smell horrendous and I threw up ten minutes after taking one and it burned the back of my throat and absolutely stunk making me feel even worse. They seemed to clear up my bladder infection after two days but I'm counting down every last tablet as they are huge. But yeah they are good if you don't mind taking huge tablets."

First time user (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "The only antibiotic that promptly and consistently resolves my chronic bronchitis."

JRLesq April 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I started taking Augmentin for a bad sinus infection. I got to the last 3 doses, when I went to see my pcp, & I told her I didn't feel any better. She prescribed cephalexin 500 mg twice daily. My sinus infection was gone within two days. I took probiotics with it the entire 10 days & after the last dose, took 2 Diflucan. It worked great for me."

Shmegs April 13, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "It really works well on acne, drank plenty of water with it for best results"

Rentaford (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I am 34 weeks pregnant and I was prescribed Cephalexin to treat both my urinary tract infection/Bronchitis. I've taken the medicine for 5 days now and although my UTI has cleared up my lungs still sound horrible and I still have a nasty cough."

Pregnant Nurse (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "I took it for a bacteria in my urine and right now I have no more pressure when I have to pee and no more smell in the urine. I am happy again. Thanks Keflex"

Borinquen (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I am recovering from bilateral uretal stents for 3wks and having 3 kidney stones total removed with basket. Well, this was the antibiotic of choice because I could not take Bactrim, after two doses I'm really sick. So, my Urologist prescribed cephalexin, 3x a day 500mg. This feeling did not start until I was done. After eating, especially diary, the bg's would settle in and after that, all my food is dumped out of me into the toilet with little warning and No time waste getting there. No one told me I needed a probiotic, thanks to my friend nurse, a week after finishing this medication. After this explosive bm, it takes a day or so to get back to normal. So, with that being said, how do you keep this reaction from ever happening?"

OnlyMe42 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "Cystitis for what seems forever. Take Keflex 500mg. when an attack occurs. Told later by chemist who knew how often I get Cystitis, could go on preventative 250mg. daily so saw Dr. who said OK. After being months free, Dr.said no, go off it for a while. Three weeks later, worst dose of Cystitis ever. Luckily have Keflex on hand so along with Ural, will be seeing Dr. very soon. What's the risk of being on a preventative dose every day?"

ms. ng (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Cleared up my abscess ..Also I kept getting bacterial vaginitis for a year straight. I swear my bacterial vaginitis cleared up! This actually works to clear that up also. I thought my bacterial vaginitis issue was stuck with me forever."

lorenda February 28, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed this following a Bactrim DS prescription that was causing me problems. I did not have any real issues with Cephalexin but it did not clear up my Paronychia infection as I had hoped. I would take this again as it was gentle and no side effects at all."

GloryGirl2005 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "After suffering with a respiratory tract infection for well over a year(which doctors kept swearing was viral and nothing they could do except refill my athsma meds since the coughing fits caused athsma attacks) I was actually prescribed this for a urinary tract infection in early pregnancy and my respiratory tract infection is almost non existent after 3 days!"

Reyna del Reyes January 19, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "Prescribed by ER doc for bladder infection. It's giving me dry mouth, diarrhea and bad gas but it's tolerable. Drink lots of water right after you take it."

RZMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "I have suffered with reoccurring bladder infections or symptoms of bladder infections for the past 7 years without any relief up until this past April 2014 when I was referred to a specialist by my urologist who himself could not help me. I was prescribed Keflex by this specialist and it has seemed to be the miracle I have been needing up until a month ago when my symptoms reappeared. Not sure if my body has become immune to the Keflex but I am back suffering with on again off again symptoms making my life miserable."

LeeLee123 December 1, 2014

For Kidney Infections: "I am on day 2 of Keflex for a kidney infection from an untreated urinary tract infection. I am allergic to most antibiotics such as amoxicillin and erythromycin so I was hesitant to try this. I am so happy to say I have no allergic reaction and no diarrhea! I do feel some tingling sensations in my head and a tiny bit of anxiety (probably all in my head) but nothing compared to an antibiotic like Levaquin. I think I found my new go-to antibiotic!"

BreStar420 November 20, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "This is my 3rd time on this in the past 5 months "3 pills a day for a week" for a skin infection/eczema ( pompholyx ) that keeps reoccurring and this always clears it up! It gets the job done."

ThisStuffWorksGreat October 7, 2014

For Otitis Media: "This is the other thing that will get rid of my ear infections. It's cheaper than other medications that don't work."

Ksmom (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have foliculitis that started from a insect bite. This medicine works but my skin feels so hot all over my body when I take it. It feels feverish but no actual fever. It does work very well though. I'm just so hot!"

Fab420 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Was given 500mg 3 x daily for 10 days for pimple like rash bumps all over body and for a bladder infection--today is my first day already experiencing ringing in ears- diarrhea-- blurry vision-- and a headache. Not too thrilled I guess I'll have to play this out carefully."

Ashxoxo August 6, 2014

For Bladder Infection: "I'm 24 weeks an 4 days pregnant.. My doctor prescribed me this medicine.. I haven't had any side effects.. I'm on the 4th day of taking it.. Everything going good..The only bad thing is the smell, I about get sick because of it."

Tay94 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2014

For Bacterial Infection: "I came down with a bad urinary tract infection 3 days ago and I was put on Bactrim twice a day. I have had several UTIs before and it has worked in the past. However, this time around 2 days after the medicine I wasn't seeing improvements so I went back to the doctor and switched to cephalexin. Last night was my first dose and I woke up this morning feeling completely normal again. I like to read these reviews so I figured I'd post this to let everyone else know. Cephalexin works well."

Lindsay Rae July 21, 2014

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Got multiple venomous spider bites on left buttocks... Turned into a staph infection. Before taking the medicine I was in so much pain I could barely sit or lay down. Been on the medicine for two days now at 500mg twice a day (along with Epsom salt baths) and it has already GREATLY improved my infection, the sores, and my ability to sit!"

Vegasgirl22 July 2, 2014

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I fell off my longboard and made quite idiotic dressing decisions. After 3 days I saw a doctor who prescribed this and silver sulfadiazine. After 10 days it completely healed. Unfortunately I have had another tumble, this time with broken wrist and 10 open wounds. On it again. Trusting old Keflex to help again."

wrecks bored (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2014

For Kidney Infections: "I had just taken Diflucan for what I thought was a yeast infection. Then I got a sinus infection and I started taking cephalexin. I noticed 3 days in, some back pain (flank pain just to the left if my spine) I had been having for a few weeks suddenly went away. I went back to the doctor, who agreed that I probably originally had a bladder infection that spread to one of my kidneys. Glad I got the sinus infection or who knows what would have happened. The medication made me feel a little nauseated after the first few days, but it's possible that feeling was related to the sickness."

Misdiagnosis (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2014

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had to take a double dosage of Keflex. I weigh about 115lbs and had to take 500mg 4 times a day for 10 days. I didn't have any issues with side effects or drinking alcohol while on it. It was prescribed as a precaution after I accidentally got a cut on my leg that required 13 stitches. The only dissatisfactory attribute was the horrid sulfur smell of the capsules."

all fixed up! (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2014

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had recurring boils in one area. They would show up randomly so the dr. was never able to take a culture since they would come to a head and then pop whenever. He put me on a 20 day regimen of Keflex (500) and another ointment antibiotic that he told me to dab into my nose. He said for some odd reason, boils seem to start in the nose. I followed the instructions and had a minor recurrence several months later. I went immediately to see him so he put me back on Keflex. These boils were clustered and leaving scars in the area. They haven't recurred and the scars are gone. Since I caught them starting the 2nd time, they never had a chance to come to a head because I stayed on top of it. I highly recommend it for a skin bacterial infection."

All gone (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next