User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Kidney Infections 6 reviews 83 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications

Prostatitis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cephalexin reviews 117 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Cephalexin

For Bladder Infection: "Taking Keflex for a possible uti, 500mg 4x's a day for 7 days. Within 15 minutes of taking pill I get severe indigestion & heartburn. I already suffer from gerd & this makes it ten times worse. I have also had mild itching & blurry vision. I have 27weeks pregnant so there's not a lot of antibiotics out there that are safe to take so I guess I'm going to going to try & stick it out & finish it even though the heartburn is so bad I want to stop."

Anonymous August 21, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I took it for ten days for a skin infection. Cleared it up in ten days. Despite taking so many probiotics and eating yogurt, I got severe diarrhea and I STILL have mild diarrhea. Also, if you're a woman, be prepared for a yeast infection. It's driving me insane."

sickofbeingsick11 August 4, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Side effects included constipation, headache, joint pain."

Mom2Matoskah (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I am 15 weeks pregnant and got my first bladder infection of the pregnancy, and hopefully the last as I'm sure I know what caused it. My OB prescribed Cephalexin 500mg twice a day for 7 days. I took my first dose last night. I took it on a somewhat empty stomach but because I was going to sleep didn't think too much of it. I woke up feeling a little dizzy and nauseated but already NO pain with urination! I'll just make sure to take it with food from now on. Overall this is a great antibiotic for me, someone who is pretty sensitive to medications."

Drs2489 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "The pill stinks really bad but it got rid of an infection I had in my scalp , odd though I have these 2 swollen lymph nodes on both sides of my neck , im wondering if I should seek medical help for a allergic reaction, but they go down when I stop taking cephalexin. Today's my last pill so it shouldn't be a problem although these swollen nodes feel like they can pop at an second. actually to mention it my jaw is also sore and its hard to chew maybe I should get help its not really affecting my breathing tho idk. maybe not I cant afford to miss anymore class I already missed 2 days because of this concussion and contusion."

Jonny2cents July 19, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Works sooo good! Had a UTI and after 2 days of taking it it went away and even cured some other things! Glad they recommended me these."

jazzb July 16, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Given these 500g x3 times a day capsules at the same time of suffering horrendous morning sickness. They smell horrendous and I threw up ten minutes after taking one and it burned the back of my throat and absolutely stunk making me feel even worse. They seemed to clear up my bladder infection after two days but I'm counting down every last tablet as they are huge. But yeah they are good if you don't mind taking huge tablets."

First time user (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "The only antibiotic that promptly and consistently resolves my chronic bronchitis."

JRLesq April 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I started taking Augmentin for a bad sinus infection. I got to the last 3 doses, when I went to see my pcp, & I told her I didn't feel any better. She prescribed cephalexin 500 mg twice daily. My sinus infection was gone within two days. I took probiotics with it the entire 10 days & after the last dose, took 2 Diflucan. It worked great for me."

Shmegs April 13, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "It really works well on acne, drank plenty of water with it for best results"

Rentaford (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I am 34 weeks pregnant and I was prescribed Cephalexin to treat both my urinary tract infection/Bronchitis. I've taken the medicine for 5 days now and although my UTI has cleared up my lungs still sound horrible and I still have a nasty cough."

Pregnant Nurse (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "I took it for a bacteria in my urine and right now I have no more pressure when I have to pee and no more smell in the urine. I am happy again. Thanks Keflex"

Borinquen (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I am recovering from bilateral uretal stents for 3wks and having 3 kidney stones total removed with basket. Well, this was the antibiotic of choice because I could not take Bactrim, after two doses I'm really sick. So, my Urologist prescribed cephalexin, 3x a day 500mg. This feeling did not start until I was done. After eating, especially diary, the bg's would settle in and after that, all my food is dumped out of me into the toilet with little warning and No time waste getting there. No one told me I needed a probiotic, thanks to my friend nurse, a week after finishing this medication. After this explosive bm, it takes a day or so to get back to normal. So, with that being said, how do you keep this reaction from ever happening?"

OnlyMe42 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "Cystitis for what seems forever. Take Keflex 500mg. when an attack occurs. Told later by chemist who knew how often I get Cystitis, could go on preventative 250mg. daily so saw Dr. who said OK. After being months free, Dr.said no, go off it for a while. Three weeks later, worst dose of Cystitis ever. Luckily have Keflex on hand so along with Ural, will be seeing Dr. very soon. What's the risk of being on a preventative dose every day?"

ms. ng (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Cleared up my abscess ..Also I kept getting bacterial vaginitis for a year straight. I swear my bacterial vaginitis cleared up! This actually works to clear that up also. I thought my bacterial vaginitis issue was stuck with me forever."

lorenda February 28, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed this following a Bactrim DS prescription that was causing me problems. I did not have any real issues with Cephalexin but it did not clear up my Paronychia infection as I had hoped. I would take this again as it was gentle and no side effects at all."

GloryGirl2005 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "After suffering with a respiratory tract infection for well over a year(which doctors kept swearing was viral and nothing they could do except refill my athsma meds since the coughing fits caused athsma attacks) I was actually prescribed this for a urinary tract infection in early pregnancy and my respiratory tract infection is almost non existent after 3 days!"

Reyna del Reyes January 19, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "Prescribed by ER doc for bladder infection. It's giving me dry mouth, diarrhea and bad gas but it's tolerable. Drink lots of water right after you take it."

RZMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "I have suffered with reoccurring bladder infections or symptoms of bladder infections for the past 7 years without any relief up until this past April 2014 when I was referred to a specialist by my urologist who himself could not help me. I was prescribed Keflex by this specialist and it has seemed to be the miracle I have been needing up until a month ago when my symptoms reappeared. Not sure if my body has become immune to the Keflex but I am back suffering with on again off again symptoms making my life miserable."

LeeLee123 December 1, 2014

For Kidney Infections: "I am on day 2 of Keflex for a kidney infection from an untreated urinary tract infection. I am allergic to most antibiotics such as amoxicillin and erythromycin so I was hesitant to try this. I am so happy to say I have no allergic reaction and no diarrhea! I do feel some tingling sensations in my head and a tiny bit of anxiety (probably all in my head) but nothing compared to an antibiotic like Levaquin. I think I found my new go-to antibiotic!"

BreStar420 November 20, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "This is my 3rd time on this in the past 5 months "3 pills a day for a week" for a skin infection/eczema ( pompholyx ) that keeps reoccurring and this always clears it up! It gets the job done."

ThisStuffWorksGreat October 7, 2014

For Otitis Media: "This is the other thing that will get rid of my ear infections. It's cheaper than other medications that don't work."

Ksmom (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have foliculitis that started from a insect bite. This medicine works but my skin feels so hot all over my body when I take it. It feels feverish but no actual fever. It does work very well though. I'm just so hot!"

Fab420 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Was given 500mg 3 x daily for 10 days for pimple like rash bumps all over body and for a bladder infection--today is my first day already experiencing ringing in ears- diarrhea-- blurry vision-- and a headache. Not too thrilled I guess I'll have to play this out carefully."

Ashxoxo August 6, 2014

For Bladder Infection: "I'm 24 weeks an 4 days pregnant.. My doctor prescribed me this medicine.. I haven't had any side effects.. I'm on the 4th day of taking it.. Everything going good..The only bad thing is the smell, I about get sick because of it."

Tay94 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2014