User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Cephalexin Review Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Cephalexin to treat Bladder Infection

"Given these 500g x3 times a day capsules at the same time of suffering horrendous morning sickness. They smell horrendous and I threw up ten minutes after taking one and it burned the back of my throat and absolutely stunk making me feel even worse. They seemed to clear up my bladder infection after two days but I'm counting down every last tablet as they are huge. But yeah they are good if you don't mind taking huge tablets."

First time user (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin): "Cystitis for what seems forever. Take Keflex 500mg. when an attack occurs. Told later by chemist who knew how often I get Cystitis, could go on preventative 250mg. daily so saw Dr. who said OK. After being months free, Dr.said no, go off it for a while. Three weeks later, worst dose of Cystitis ever. Luckily have Keflex on hand so along with Ural, will be seeing Dr. very soon. What's the risk of being on a preventative dose every day?"

ms. ng (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin): "Prescribed by ER doc for bladder infection. It's giving me dry mouth, diarrhea and bad gas but it's tolerable. Drink lots of water right after you take it."

RZMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin): "I have suffered with reoccurring bladder infections or symptoms of bladder infections for the past 7 years without any relief up until this past April 2014 when I was referred to a specialist by my urologist who himself could not help me. I was prescribed Keflex by this specialist and it has seemed to be the miracle I have been needing up until a month ago when my symptoms reappeared. Not sure if my body has become immune to the Keflex but I am back suffering with on again off again symptoms making my life miserable."

LeeLee123 December 1, 2014

"I'm 24 weeks an 4 days pregnant.. My doctor prescribed me this medicine.. I haven't had any side effects.. I'm on the 4th day of taking it.. Everything going good..The only bad thing is the smell, I about get sick because of it."

Tay94 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2014

"Cephalexin made me sick. Might change to something else."

leca January 25, 2014

"Been taking this medication everyday for about a year now as I have renal failure and recurrent urinary tract infection problems. No side effects at all for me. However, if I forget to take it one day I will get a infection nearly instantly so it's obviously working well."

C93 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 19, 2013

"I am very sensitive to antibiotics. Bactrim makes me nauseous, gives me a rapid heart beat, and makes me feel like I have a fever. Cephalexin on the other hand, doesn't make me feel sick at all. The only thing it really does it make me EXHAUSTED for the first 1-3 hours after taking the dose, and makes me feel high during that time. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. However, if I stand up during this 1-3 hour time frame, I do get a little dizzy and slightly nauseous, but it's nothing. Overall, good medicine."

Anonymous July 9, 2013

Keflex (cephalexin): "It helped in getting rid of my bladder infection but I was out in the sun for half the day doing some work outside, and I got horribly burnt and a bad sun rash. So just try to avoid the sun while on this medication."

Anonymous May 9, 2011

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Have been taking this medicine for re-occurring UTI's; I take 500mg four times a day for 10 days. I have noticed that people have put mouth pain as a side effect, to be specific with me my tongue hurt which I found out it was "thrush". Easily taken care of with rinsing mouth out with colloidal silver or you can call your dentist and do what he/she recommends. I have had the abdominal pain and diarrhea however to relieve me of the UTI this was well worth it."

Anonymous May 14, 2010

"Good, but takes long duration of treatment such 7 days (4 times a day)."

sivaramanan July 29, 2009

Keflex (cephalexin): "I usually never have side effects from antibiotics, but I had moderate dizziness and nausea. The nausea is not bad enough to send me to bed all day, but it does interfere with my daily schedule and leaves me extremely worn out and fatigued. It is frustrating. I have to take it four times a day for ten days."

rindarita February 17, 2009

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Bladder Infection