Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Cephalexin review summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 77 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Cephalexin to treat Bladder Infection

Review by leca:

cephalexin: Cephalexin made me sick. Might change to something else.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 25, 2014 1:04 PM
Review by C93 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

cephalexin: Been taking this medication everyday for about a year now as I have renal failure and recurrent urinary tract infection problems. No side effects at all for me. However, if I forget to take it one day I will get a infection nearly instantly so it's obviously working well.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 19, 2013 9:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

cephalexin: I am very sensitive to antibiotics. Bactrim makes me nauseous, gives me a rapid heart beat, and makes me feel like I have a fever. Cephalexin on the other hand, doesn't make me feel sick at all. The only thing it really does it make me EXHAUSTED for the first 1-3 hours after taking the dose, and makes me feel high during that time. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. However, if I stand up during this 1-3 hour time frame, I do get a little dizzy and slightly nauseous, but it's nothing. Overall, good medicine.

July 9, 2013 11:15 PM

Keflex (cephalexin): It helped in getting rid of my bladder infection but I was out in the sun for half the day doing some work outside, and I got horribly burnt and a bad sun rash. So just try to avoid the sun while on this medication.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 9, 2011 12:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

cephalexin: Have been taking this medicine for re-occurring UTI's; I take 500mg four times a day for 10 days. I have noticed that people have put mouth pain as a side effect, to be specific with me my tongue hurt which I found out it was "thrush". Easily taken care of with rinsing mouth out with colloidal silver or you can call your dentist and do what he/she recommends. I have had the abdominal pain and diarrhea however to relieve me of the UTI this was well worth it.

May 14, 2010 5:57 AM
Review by sivaramanan: User Rating:

cephalexin: Good, but takes long duration of treatment such 7 days (4 times a day).

July 29, 2009 6:33 AM
Review by rindarita: User Rating:

Keflex (cephalexin): I usually never have side effects from antibiotics, but I had moderate dizziness and nausea. The nausea is not bad enough to send me to bed all day, but it does interfere with my daily schedule and leaves me extremely worn out and fatigued. It is frustrating. I have to take it four times a day for ten days.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 17, 2009 8:38 PM