User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Cephalexin review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 79 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Cephalexin to treat Bladder Infection

Review by LeeLee123:

Keflex (cephalexin): I have suffered with reoccurring bladder infections or symptoms of bladder infections for the past 7 years without any relief up until this past April 2014 when I was referred to a specialist by my urologist who himself could not help me. I was prescribed Keflex by this specialist and it has seemed to be the miracle I have been needing up until a month ago when my symptoms reappeared. Not sure if my body has become immune to the Keflex but I am back suffering with on again off again symptoms making my life miserable.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by Tay94 (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 24 weeks an 4 days pregnant.. My doctor prescribed me this medicine.. I haven't had any side effects.. I'm on the 4th day of taking it.. Everything going good..The only bad thing is the smell, I about get sick because of it.

July 28, 2014 5:19 PM

Review by leca:

Cephalexin made me sick. Might change to something else.

January 25, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by C93 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Been taking this medication everyday for about a year now as I have renal failure and recurrent urinary tract infection problems. No side effects at all for me. However, if I forget to take it one day I will get a infection nearly instantly so it's obviously working well.

December 19, 2013 9:43 PM

I am very sensitive to antibiotics. Bactrim makes me nauseous, gives me a rapid heart beat, and makes me feel like I have a fever. Cephalexin on the other hand, doesn't make me feel sick at all. The only thing it really does it make me EXHAUSTED for the first 1-3 hours after taking the dose, and makes me feel high during that time. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. However, if I stand up during this 1-3 hour time frame, I do get a little dizzy and slightly nauseous, but it's nothing. Overall, good medicine.

July 9, 2013 11:15 PM

Keflex (cephalexin): It helped in getting rid of my bladder infection but I was out in the sun for half the day doing some work outside, and I got horribly burnt and a bad sun rash. So just try to avoid the sun while on this medication.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2011 12:49 PM

Have been taking this medicine for re-occurring UTI's; I take 500mg four times a day for 10 days. I have noticed that people have put mouth pain as a side effect, to be specific with me my tongue hurt which I found out it was "thrush". Easily taken care of with rinsing mouth out with colloidal silver or you can call your dentist and do what he/she recommends. I have had the abdominal pain and diarrhea however to relieve me of the UTI this was well worth it.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2010 5:57 AM

Review by sivaramanan:

Good, but takes long duration of treatment such 7 days (4 times a day).

July 29, 2009 6:33 AM

Review by rindarita:

Keflex (cephalexin): I usually never have side effects from antibiotics, but I had moderate dizziness and nausea. The nausea is not bad enough to send me to bed all day, but it does interfere with my daily schedule and leaves me extremely worn out and fatigued. It is frustrating. I have to take it four times a day for ten days.

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2009 8:38 PM