User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Cephalexin Review Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 61 medications used in the treatment of Kidney Infections.

Reviews for Cephalexin to treat Kidney Infections

"I am on day 2 of Keflex for a kidney infection from an untreated urinary tract infection. I am allergic to most antibiotics such as amoxicillin and erythromycin so I was hesitant to try this. I am so happy to say I have no allergic reaction and no diarrhea! I do feel some tingling sensations in my head and a tiny bit of anxiety (probably all in my head) but nothing compared to an antibiotic like Levaquin. I think I found my new go-to antibiotic!"

BreStar420 November 20, 2014

"I had just taken Diflucan for what I thought was a yeast infection. Then I got a sinus infection and I started taking cephalexin. I noticed 3 days in, some back pain (flank pain just to the left if my spine) I had been having for a few weeks suddenly went away. I went back to the doctor, who agreed that I probably originally had a bladder infection that spread to one of my kidneys. Glad I got the sinus infection or who knows what would have happened. The medication made me feel a little nauseated after the first few days, but it's possible that feeling was related to the sickness."

Misdiagnosis (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2014

Keflex (cephalexin): "My daughter was prescribed this and broke out in a rash all over her. I am sure she was allergic."

Anonymous August 9, 2013

Keflex (cephalexin): "Works great for my urine tract infections. Even when I'm sick with a cold! I highly recommend it. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2013

"Taking two 500mg twice a day for a kidney infection, 28 year old female. I normally get extremely nauseated and dizzy on antibiotics. I do not on these, no side effects as of yet (day 3) I feel an improvement in my kidneys, but not as much as I had hoped at this point. I'm just happy I am not nauseated on these! I am eating Greek yogurt daily to avoid a nasty yeast infection from taking antibiotics. I do have to warn you, every time I open the pill bottle I get a strong bad smell. It's worth it to get some kind of relief from my angry kidneys! "

Painful Kidneys (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2013

"I took cephalexin for a kidney infection and its been 2 days, the infection is feeling better, BUT I get EXTREMELY nauseous when I take the pill (3x's a day). Also got yeast infections. "

Anonymous September 23, 2009