Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Pseudomembranous Colitis 1 reviews 11 medications

Surgical Prophylaxis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 341 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Metronidazole

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Trichomoniasis: I was prescribed the one time dose of four (4) 500mg tablets. Within HOURS I noticed the horrible odor & discarge were totally gone!! I had been skeptical it would work well with just one dose but it's truly AMAZING!! I didn't have any of the (I personally think exaggerated) side effects some of these other reviews listed. I even took it on a completely empty stomach at the end of the day. No problems with the taste either as I take them differently than most people. I put water in my mouth, hold the water in my mouth without swallowing, tilt my head back (still not swallowing), drop the pills the back my throat & then swallow. I take many pills each day for various reasons & I've never tasted ANY pills that way.

April 26, 2015 12:20 AM

Review by Flowerchild1:

For Bacterial Infection: I have been taking this for Two days due to Bacterial Vaginitis. Upon waking up on my 2nd day I was bleeding. This would sound normal if my period hadn't already came two weeks ago! I have cramping and EXTREME back pains. If the bleeding doesn't subside I will go to the ER tomorrow

April 24, 2015 12:52 AM

Review by 77tht1girl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I'm taking 2x daily for 7 days 500mg. First pill...I had super painful urination almost like I was peeing razor blades, felt weak(almost as if I was drunk), couldn't concentrate, weird discharge, dull abdominal cramps, and at night had strange dreams. I usually don't have problems with meds so this surprised me. But since taking two more pills the initial symptoms have improved. So I'm hopeful it's working. I also recommend eating before you take a pill...and after, drink lots of water.

April 23, 2015 12:50 PM

Review by not doing well (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I put off taking this medicine for 3 weeks because I am an avid wine drinker. Anyway started and first day no issue. Second day so tired...could barely stay awake. Third day not too bad took with big breakfast and juice. Fourth day took just with juice and was sick for real. I am pretty sure I threw up most of my medicine. Fifth day ok.

April 16, 2015 11:35 AM

Review by T1 (taken for less than 1 month):

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: THE TASTE OF THIS MEDICINE IS SO BITTER. I HAve TO CHEW GUM AFTER, I HAD REALLY BAD STOMACH PAINS THEN DIARRHEA ALL NIGHT LONG.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 6:33 PM

Review by love life (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I got this for bv within the first 48 hr the smell is gone and I'm feeling it working. However I did get sharp pelvic pains, face red and hot, nauseous, feeling very very ill like the flu came over me and also very moody! The rumbling tummy came soon after the 3rd dose and I don't want to eat or drink anything at all which I could stand to loose a few pounds lol But it's working and Those are temporary so I'm continuing.

April 11, 2015 5:48 PM

Review by Bridge27:

For Dental Abscess: Went from spending two days unable to sleep due to absolutely unbearable tooth pain to more or less no more pain in 24 hours. Slight feelings of nausea but it doesn't even register compared to the horrific pain I was experiencing before it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2015 8:51 PM

Review by Dobbinblue:

For Dental Abscess: I am on 3rd day of medication after having a severe tooth abscess. Infection and pain subsided to almost nil. Only side effect is drowsiness and slight depression but I can live with this as opposed to the horrendous pain of the abscess. 4 days to go for a tooth extraction as it is wobbly and loose.

March 31, 2015 4:25 PM

Review by Brooke1484 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: Inability to orgasm. I never have an issue orgasming otherwise. I Have noticed during the last two times I've used this medicine that I cannot orgasm during sex. However, this symptom would not stop me from taking this medicine again as its benefit certainly outweighs this issue.

March 26, 2015 7:25 AM

Review by DougsterMan:

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I've just finished these and felt a bit strange and dizzy. Was glad the 7 days were over! However 3 days now since I finished them and today I am feeling awful terrible diarrhea and sickness, so it doesn't necessarily finish when you stop then. You still shouldn't drink alcohol for at least 2 days after stopping them!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2015 9:27 AM

For Bacterial Vaginitis: Only on the 3rd day and it's awful, throwing up, headaches, awful taste in my mouth. It is working though!

March 13, 2015 10:16 PM

Review by AZMiss (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I am on day 3 1/2 of taking this and I have gone from hardly being able to get out of bed to back to almost normal function! My fever is mostly gone, the diarrhea and vomiting are gone and I feel almost back to normal. I do have some light headedness and still have a little bit of tummy cramping when I eat, as well as dehydration, but that is it, thankfully. A tip would be to eat before taking this pill and then I always eat a little something after taking it too and then drink a lot of water. I was recommended to eat a very bland diet for 11 days. I read online to eat soluble fiber instead of insoluble fiber and it has been helping a lot!

March 10, 2015 10:20 PM

Review by rahelle:

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: Within 2 days my bacterial vaginitis completely cleared up. I don't take antibiotics or any sort of medicine often and this is why, no appetite and some other side effects but would rather take that over bacterial vaginitis!

March 8, 2015 10:57 PM

Review by teaysboy:

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: In 2009 I was diagnosed with diverticulitis had lots of blood loss. Six years to the month I had a sudden flare up, high temp cramps. Instead of going to the doctor right away I took amoxicillin that I had. Started feeling better and went out to eat and bam cramping started. Went to see my doctor he put me on Cipro and Flagyl been on it for 4 days now the pain is gone still have bloating. The meds made my urine dark, and my head feels stuffed up. Burning in my eyes. Don't do what I did, go to your doctor. I'm making an appointment to see a specialist.

March 5, 2015 7:51 PM

Review by AMLdn (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: Prescribed the 2 per day for 7 days of the 400mg. The first day was fine, the second I had a couple of hours before having any food and wow, I have never felt worse in my life! I vomited uncontrollably everytime I ate or drank, felt dizzy, sank, slurred my words, couldn't concentrate, completely lost my apetite and couldn't sleep(and when I did I had strange dreams). Reticent to continue, it took me until lunchtime the next day to work up the courage to eat or to take the next pill...but after drinking as much peppermint tea as i could manage and some crystallized ginger(both supposed to settle the stomach) and having a sandwich, I experienced no further side effects! My symptoms had already cleared. 3 more days to go and feeling positive!

February 25, 2015 10:10 AM

Review by Jolenne H:

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: This medicine works SO well! The smell and heavy discharge were gone within 2 days of this 10 day medication. A lot of other people report feeling sick and restless but this was not my experience at all. The only side effect I experienced was lightheadedness due to the medicine's ability to dehydrate the body. The only thing that really sucks about this medication is not being able to drink alcohol-- and seriously, don't even attempt it. You will thank me later.

February 16, 2015 1:22 PM

Review by Estancia (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: This medication was a life saver. I was ill for 3 weeks and my stomach cramped every time I ate and I lost weight. Three tests were done and the last one finally showed a couple of white blood cells that indicated an infection. Finally, my Dr. prescribed this miracle medicine. After the first day of dosages I was significantly better and could eat more than one slice of bread the whole day without my stomach cramping. I haven't taken this medication in over a month and still feel healed. This truly is a miracle medication.

February 14, 2015 12:18 AM

Review by kb78:

For Diverticulitis: I was put on metronidazole 500 mg and Cipro 500 mg twice daily for diverticulitis. I noticed the pain eased up after 2 days. I'm on day 5 and I feel horrid. Diarrhea, headache, tired, dizzy, nauseous, foggy headed, anxiety, depression and body pain. I don't know if I can do this for 5 more days!

February 7, 2015 6:00 PM

Review by Gecko):

For Amebiasis: I am on day 6 of 10, 3 times per day at 750mg. It does taste awful but I am keeping the benefits in check to outweigh how I feel. I do have nausea following but it passes in an hour or so. I few really sleepless nights too. I have been sick on and off the last 3 years and if this is what gets me feeling more amazing on the other side of this I am happy! Keeping my eye on 4 days from now. I am drinking a few tablespoons of Kefir between each dose, so far so good! I would struggle to take a second medication for yeast infections when it is so preventable with diet.

February 7, 2015 7:09 AM

Review by 22yearsold (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: The nausea that came with this is unbearable but it's working. I guess I'm not eating enough with it!?

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2015 5:18 PM

Review by Cg00 (taken for less than 1 month):

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: I get reoccurring Bacterial Vaginitis. This medication is the only one that works. I've used tea tree oil suppositories, & 500mg boric acid suppositories. You can possibly get a yeast infection if you are sensitive. Boric acid suppositories are the only thing that works for clearing up a yeast infection. Bacteria that cause Bacterial Vaginits can be held in the urethra of a man so I would be aware of reoccurring infections with the same partner. Maybe get him treated also. Keep your sugar intake low. Strengthen your immune system. The gel is more expensive but seems to be soothing. The pills will get you well but do NOT ingest alcohol at all or you will get violently ill. I forgot at a work function once, never again!

February 2, 2015 2:31 AM

Review by Selz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I sympathize with those who had to prolong their treatment in the course of 5 days, I on the other hand and thankfully at that was prescribed only a single dose of 5 tablets of Metronidazole. Quick and easy. Make sure you eat before you take it though and I find if you hydrate yourself you less likely to feel nauseous. I've had recurrent bacterial vaginitis so I know what I'm talking about.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 1:52 PM

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I took Flagyl for bacterial vaginitis and thought I was dying. The nausea and headaches are unbearable but because I know it works I had to keep taking it. On the fourth day I started taking it with orange juice and eating after, and WALAH! It was so much better. No more headaches or nausea. Not sure if it was because I was halfway done with the med, or if my orange juice really worked. Hope this helps someone.

January 14, 2015 9:10 AM

Review by KL23:

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: This works every single time I have bacterial vaginitis.

January 12, 2015 9:15 AM

Review by bad taste gone:

For Bacterial Vaginitis: Want to say I tried the dipping pill in olive oil , was awesome. No bad taste what so ever. Swallowed very easily.

January 11, 2015 7:28 PM