User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 64 medications

Bacterial Infection 44 reviews 169 medications

5.7
Summary of Amoxicillin/clavulanate reviews 257 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

For Bronchitis: "It worked for my broncitus but gave me diarhea & yeast infection. I felt better in my chest, worse in my pants. I forgot the last time I was on amoxicillian I also had diarhea. Not taking it again, will ask for something else."

IsabelKitty (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Sinusitis: "It seems to help but I had a side effect that was unexpected and before I say this I am being totally for real about it. I had normal side effect of nausea but then a strange one. I became aroused and turned on very easily. This is not a normal thing for me either. Not that I am complaining just think its weird. Anyone else have this happen???"

AllieBug33 (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: "So, got another strep infection. Haven't had one in a couple years. But you can always tell because you get fever and chills (like seizure shaking), pain when you swallow, and my tell-tale sign--dragon-hot Fire breath. Anyway, checked my throat out and it was bright red with white spots, patches of pus. I went to urgent care on my lunch and sure enough rapid strep test positive. I was prescribed augmentin 875 twice per day for 10 days. I just took my third pill and I already feel so much better. Wish I hadn't have waited 2 days."

Nurse Kate (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "After 10 day dosage I developed severe diarrhea with bloody stools.(C-diff) Went to ER and was diagnosed with c-diff. Have been I'll ever since and am now lactose intolerant. Took metronidazole for 14 days but still have symptoms . Horrible experience."

Jodi4merom April 15, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I've taken this medication twice for a sinus infection. Both times I've used it I got very nauseous and on the verge of throwing up. It's so bad I can't do much but lay down and sleep. I'm never using this medication again."

Carly Roman April 12, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I get so sick from taking this, I can't even work. Nausea, stomach pain, dizziness, headache, tired ...I'm going back to the doctor to switch medication just after taking them for 3 days, I can't do it no more"

Norqueen April 10, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Completely and totally killed the sinus infection. Ive lost some sense of smell."

AEJ2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: "On tamiflu for the flu, zpack for strep-throat and motrin for pain and fever. Day 2: me begging please give me penicillin please.. my throat began to swell and was covered with infection. I went to urgent care and was given prednisone shot along with Rocephin shot. Followed with prescription for prednisone, augmentin and diflucan. IMMEDIATELY the augment kick the hell out of the strep-throat. I began spitting out the infection.. the flu symptoms subsided. And all is right in the world. I had the runs, upset stomach and yeast infection.. all of those pale in comparison to strep-throat and the flu"

AEJ2 April 10, 2016

For Strep Throat: "I was prescribed Amox-Clav 875 for strep throat. After three doses of the medication, I became extremely nauseous and threw up everything in my stomach. I became exhausted and slept for multiple hours. I developed a terrible headache and my nausea continued. I contacted my doctor to explain my conditions and he prescribed an anti nausea medication and a different antibiotic. While Amox-Clav was effective in helping my strep throat symptoms in only 3 doses, it rendered me incapable of doing anything. I was not comfortable continuing the medication."

RMS1234 April 2, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I am currently staying in the hospital overnight with an infected colon ( thought it was appendicitis it was so close), crazy watery diarrhea, vomiting, severe stomach cramps, and therefore dehydration. I have never had digestive problems like this and I've never been in a hospital overnight. This is seriously because of augmentin. Do not take this drug!"

Ughhhhh (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Tonight is my first night taking this antibiotic. I have a inner ear infection. Let me tell you, Its 2:15AM and I'm up because the stomach ache I'm having right now. I also took right with a meal!! I'm calling first thing in the morning to hopefully change to something else. I can't go through 10 days of this!!"

Matt b March 31, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: "Am now on day 2 of meds still in horrible pain.hurts so much to swallow any type of food or water.. Fever is under control thanks to round the clock advil and Tylenol.no relief as of yet hoping that it starts to help.."

still in severe pain March 31, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: "Excellent antibiotic for bronchitis! I haven't been sick in over 1 year since full time retirement as a nurse manager; Spring hit early in Rhode Island, with its fluctuating temperatures & abounding viruses/bacteria and wham! Sickness W a nagging cough and productive sputum came with it. Augmentin for 7"days was prescribed by the NP. On day 4, and feeling much better"

RetiredRN2 March 30, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Hi, I used to get a terrible reaction when I took Augmentin for sinus infections. I projectile vomited within 5 min. of ingestion. Then, I had a really severe sinus infection that I battled for 4 months. I was prescribed everything under the sun except Augmentin for obvious reasons. Finally, I went to a specialist who told me that I needed to take the Augmentin and to take it with probiotic yogurt - live cultures, etc. I've never had a problem since taking Augmentin with Activia yogurt. I've had no side effects at all."

Abby1717 March 28, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Bad sinus infection, medicine is working well for the whole family. No side effects."

Mystearica (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed this twice a day for 7 days. I'm halfway through and I recently developed severe headaches, decreased appreciate, decreased urination, and shortness of breath. No diahrrea yet, but I did feel nauseous this morning. I hope not to get diahrrea because I'm trying to heal an anal fissure. I tested negative for some common STDs so I don't know what I have but my groin lymph nodes still seem to be swollen. :/"

SadBirdie (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for : "This Medicene makes me sick!!! Nauseated so bad.! Will call Doctor to see if their is another option. No way I can take this for several more days."

Drun March 25, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "Makes me feel anxious buzzing in ears..took the infection away but it makes me feel off..calling the dr in the morning to get off this crap"

Never again will i use it (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I never had a problem with regular Amox 875, I asked doc to prescribe regular Amox for a recent upper respiratory -- instead I got this 'enhanced' version. What a mistake. Every cough resulted in stress incontinence including severe explosive diarrhea. My overall symptoms got worse -- asthmatic bronchonitis with wet cough developed. This went on for 2 1/2 days until I read the side-effects and read the caution to IMMEDIATELY stop the med if severe diarrhea due to potential GI problem it can trigger. Never again, will I take this med."

msky March 12, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I was just prescribed amoxicillin clav 875mg- 2 pills a day. I'm going on my 3rd day of meds. The first day I had a horrible headache but I'm prone to them and the weather was rainy too. Soo I figure that could have been something else. The worst thing I have experienced is the nausea. It happens a few hours after I have taken a dose. I've been taking the meds with a half bottle of water. I sip some milk and eat cereal along with it each time. Usually a few hrs after dose and or when I eat I will have to go to the bathroom. Somewhat loose stool. May be the nausea but I also feel sick/feverish a few hours after the pill but I do not have a fever. Comes and goes."

Tjam March 12, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Had UTI. Took Augmentin 875 twice a day for 2 weeks. Worked like a charm. Took it with Greek Yogurt and had no gastrointestinal problems."

Dave 2 March 11, 2016

For Strep Throat: "I got strep throat for the 2nd time in a month, so they wanted to prescribe something more heavy duty I guess. I got prescribed 875-125 mg tablets, and I had to take them every 12 hours. After my 2nd dose, I fell asleep and woke up about 4 hours later to myself really needing to vomit. After I think 8 doses (5 days out of the 10 I was supposed to) nothing changed at all, well at least nothing changed for the better. None of my symptoms changed, I was still throwing up every few hours -sometimes it had blood in it-, when I wasn't throwing up I was continuously nauseous, I couldn't walk or really see, I couldn't eat, it was just really bad, so I stopped taking them. After I stopped I had really bad diarrhea, but my strep symptoms went away"

Do I have to do this (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I took this medicine for a tooth abscess that couldn't be drained during root canal. Severe diarrhea, headaches, minor heartburn and I felt as though my throat were closing (doc said minor allergic reaction). I have been taking a probiotic and eating yogurt but it hasn't helped with the stomach upset at all. It helped with the abscess but 8 days later it isn't completely cleared. I've been switched to Clindamycin due to the tightening in my throat. Scared to death and sick of antibiotics."

Tired of antibiotics (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I got sick about 3 weeks ago and was off of work for 1 week. I went to see my Dr who prescribed me Amox-Clav 850/125 mg for congestion in my lungs. I took 1 tablet for 2 days and discontinued taking. A week later I got almost the same symptoms back and decided to finish the drug as told by my Dr. I took one pill and later that night I had a headache on my temple which radiated down to my right cheek area and my upper teeth. Asprin helped relieve the pressure but i'm probably going to take ibuprofin. NO Good this drug."

Lee Lau March 9, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I been on Augmentin for 7 days now. It is helping my upper respiratory infection but I'm having anxiety and very loose stools (very dark diarrhea) also my heart beats faster than normal too. I've only got 3 days left to take it. I'll be glad when it's done. I also feel fatigued and a little blurry eyes. My body is very sensitive to drugs. But despite all that I do feel it has helped with the upper respiratory problem. I'm just ready to feel better and healthy!"

MsEva58 (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016