User Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Kidney Infections 1 reviews 92 medications

Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Amoxicillin/clavulanate reviews 152 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Review by MegBV:

For Sinusitis: On day 4 with no relief. I have had sinusitis now for 4 weeks. I first got prescribed Amoxicillin 800 which seemed to knock out the infection after just a few days on it. No side effects with amoxicillin. 5 days after completing my antibiotics the symptoms quickly came back but worse this time. Now on this antibiotic - severe head aches which linger all day, severe nausea, loss of appetite which has led me to not eat as much and lost 4 pounds in 2 days. Extremely sleepy all through out the day. Almost wish I never tried this antibiotic!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2015 2:41 PM

Review by Texgal2:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: Several side effects from this drug: diarrhea, slight headache, nausea, stomach cramping, oral thrush, yeast infection. But, the infection did clear up.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2015 6:35 AM

Review by Korine:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: Augmentin gave me a debilitating, unbelievably severe headache. I thought I was going to die due to my head imploding with pain. I was literally screaming! Never again for me...

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2015 7:49 PM

Review by Sinus sufferer (taken for less than 1 month):

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: Had really bad sinus infection that lead to bronchitis that stemmed from bad allergies due to a dry, dusty environment and a plane ride home. Suffered for a week before heading to the doctor. Was placed on Augmentin and after 1 day had immediate relief and wheezing was under control in my chest. Wonder medication for infections!

April 12, 2015 2:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Strep Throat: I was diagnosed with strep throat Monday morning. The doctor prescribed 500mg of amoxicillin three times a day. I filled the script that morning and started my course. It is now Saturday morning and I am halfway through the course. Last night was the worst night since this thing started. I cannot sleep through the night because my throat is still very swollen and it is extremely painful when I swallow. My lower back and ears are now achy.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 8:00 AM

Review by aigevaT (taken for less than 1 month):

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: I took one pill at 7 p.m. with food and was awake at midnight with diarrhea and nausea. I was up constantly for 3 hours. I'll be going to the doctor as soon as they open for a different med!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2015 5:26 AM

Review by mr. larry:

For Strep Throat: I had strep throat for 2 days after taking amoxicillin/clavulanate after the first pill I was 60 per cent better it works

March 22, 2015 7:01 PM

Review by R_R:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: The pharmacist, physician, nurse told me Augmentin could or may give me diarrhea. So I started eating the BRAT diet and yogurt and drinking a lot of water. Mild/dull stomach discomfort with mild cramping on days 1 and 2. Day 3 is when diarrhea started. On the 7 days order.

March 11, 2015 1:03 PM

Review by Kitty Kat Kaly (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: This medicine made me horribly sick. I get sinus infection 1-2x per year and typically am prescribed azythromicin (z-pack) which works great. This time a new NP prescribed me 875mg augmenting 2x/day. I've never really had trouble with antibiotics so I obliged and started taking it. I was 4 doses in, and started getting diarreah and it continued into the next day so I took some Imodium. I should also mention that my voice got extremely hoarse after starting the medicine too. The Imodium seemed to help a little but I had a mild underlying continuous stomach ache that didn't go away. By the 3rd day I had headache fever bloating and diarreah. I stopped taking it 4th day. Two days later I am still sick with stomach pain. This is the devil!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2015 11:58 AM

Review by CBarnes70 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I was prescribed 875mg bid.. It gave me strong side effects: heart skipping, dizziness and weakness. I reduced it to once a day to see if it would reduce any side effect. It did reduce some dizziness and weakness.. But my chest pain remains. I stopped taking it. I am going to see doctor to find out why my chest hurts.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2015 5:40 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: Best medicine I've used to treat this particular infection. Amoxicillin and Bactrim aren't as effective for me.

February 13, 2015 1:33 PM

Review by BlinkyLoo:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Cleared up my symptoms within a couple of days. Felt much better after day 8. No side effects, as I also take acidophilus.

February 2, 2015 6:08 PM

Review by ghhrf (taken for less than 1 month):

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: Still sick and throat hurts sfter 36 hrs

January 14, 2015 10:55 AM

Review by SO CAL LK:

For Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth: I was prescribed Amox Clave 850 mg for Bronchitis. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Diarrhea. After just a day or two of the medication my diarrhea was gone, totally! I know this is probably a temporary fix, but its been 3 weeks and I still feel fantastic. My Doctor was surprised as Amox Clave usually has the opposite effect on patients but not for me, MIRACLE! I have done all of the traditional suggestions, Fod Map Diet, Lactose and Gluten free but nothing has worked like this medication.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2015 8:55 AM

Review by Works fast but as a female... (taken for less than 1 month):

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: I was prescribed Augmfnyin 875 twice a day for a severe sinus infection and just after two pills (one day) I could see light at the end of a dark stuffy congested tunnel...I began feeling much better almost immediately but a side effect that almost subways happens to me with antibiotics....I got a yeast infection! My doctor told me that this is common because an antibiotics job is to kill bacteria all whether good or bad....these include bacterial that naturally occur and are normal in the vaginal tract so my doctor usually prescribes something for a yeast infection. Other than that taken with food I did not have any side effects and feel much better..it's amazing how quickly it works. After being miserable for days, I'm very happy!

January 7, 2015 2:19 AM

Review by BigBabyDave:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: After failing to complete the 10 day cycle of penicillin initially prescribed and a 3 day delay in getting back to the doctor, the the strep came back 500x worse than the first time (including sinus and ear infections). Augmentin was prescribed along with Lidocaine Viscous (to gargle), Sudafed, Flonase, Ibuprofen, and Saline Rinse. After 1 day, I can tell that I am on the mend... fever gone; throat, ears and sinuses getting better... I have had no adverse digestive effects (am eating yogurt consistently as it's he only that I have been able to get down). I am thankful that the Nurse Practitioner at CVS Minute Clinic went all out instead of sending me to the ER. This time I will finish the complete cycle!

January 3, 2015 2:13 PM

Review by SadieD (taken for less than 1 month):

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: I am on day 2 of Antibiotics. I took the Z pack only one dose and had horrible reaction to it. (Swelling of face, fever, diarrhea YOU NAME IT) Stopped taking it and two days later started Augmentin. I have been taking Culturelle (Lactobacillus GG) Two hours before or after taking the antibiotics. Seems to be helping. No diarrhea. No gas. No hives/Itchy skin. But I don't know if its long enough to tell. ***Take those pro-biotics. *** Dairy products are putting me over the edge. Stick to non dairy while taking this.

December 29, 2014 7:35 PM

Review by Halli (taken for less than 1 month):

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I was prescribed this to treat my sinus infection. It's been almost two days now and while I feel slightly better, the nausea and upset stomach is too much for me. I have eaten both yogurt or rice before taking it and I still get very sick. It is also making everything I eat seem extremely salty. Even when I breathe, I taste salt. I've called my doctor and they're changing my antibiotic to something else. Apparently this one is making my potassium levels rise too high.

December 29, 2014 1:47 PM

Review by JoeyJoJo:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: Overall, not too bad. Had some mild nausea and diarrhea the first two or three days, but then drank Kefir which helped immensely. Be sure to take as directed with some food (you don't need a whole meal) and eat yogurt etc. I highly recommend Kefir during Augmentin therapy. Began clearing the infection by the second day. Remember, most people have little to no side effects with these medications, so what you tend to read on the Internet is negatively biased.

December 27, 2014 1:53 PM

Review by mommy of 2divaS:

For Strep Throat: Was given this medicine for strep throat, prescribed 875mg twice daily; I was in so much pain I seriously felt like crying every time I had to swallow or tried eating or drinking anything! My tonsils were huge, very inflamed & red with white blister like spots. I went to Walgreens little clinic Sunday morning & started this medicine that afternoon by the morning of day 3 my throat felt 10x better! Amazing by the end of day 3; needless to say the medicine was definitely doing its job great, UNTIL it hit me that Friday, the nightmare started of bubble guts, diarrhea & the most awful foul smelling gas ever! Severe diarrhea 13hours and counting.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2014 7:55 PM

Review by Caribou99610:

For Bacterial Infection: I am taking the medicine for a bad infection in my tonsil. The first antibiotic I tried did not work. On the 3rd-5th day of taking this, I developed a severe headache in the back of my head. I was told this was from the infection and to administer heat, then cold compresses. This relieved the pressure and headache immediately. Thought this post might help someone in the future to know what to do. I am feeling great today on day 6.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2014 10:03 AM

Review by dricha:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Great antibiotic to treat my Upper Respiratory Infection.

November 26, 2014 5:32 AM

Review by msdulce (taken for less than 1 month):

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: This is the second time I have been on this medicine for bronchitis. The first time around it worked great but this time not so fast. I have been on it for 4 days and my symptoms are still the same just not as intense.

November 20, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by Dodieellen:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: I am on it now, and have taken it before. I've had great results with it, and no diarrhea.

November 14, 2014 12:28 PM

Review by MoMoJoJo:

For Bacterial Infection: I was given this medicine for a nasty cough I couldn't get rid of caused by a bacterial infection plus I had a enlarged tonsil. It helped with the swelling but the side effects were something else. It does the job but I definitely could of did without the diarrhea and yeast infection.

October 24, 2014 10:55 PM