User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Kidney Infections 1 reviews 92 medications

Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Amoxicillin/clavulanate reviews 158 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Monday morning I went to my doctor and she diagnosed me with Sinusitis, and prescribed me with Augmentin. I took my first dose at around 11 am, 4 hours later I was feeling terribly nauseous with awful cramps. Though the medication had helped subside the pain in my head, there was a newfound pain in stomach. I stopped taking the medication on Wednesday because the stomach pains were unbearable. In my experience, this medication helped get rid of my sinus infection but now I am suffering through daily nausea and cramps and I have been off the antibiotics for 2 days."

GriffinHoover23 May 21, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Great response & no problems! In a 3x lung ca. Pt."

Cancerman (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Otitis Media: "I have chronic otitis media problem which I had since I was 14 (I am now 37) and the 1gm dose of Augmentin for a week, 1 tablet daily - is by far the best solution for me. Experienced a bit if nausea but its not so bad. This is the best antibiotics for my otitis media condition for now. Love it!!!"

Shewsbury May 12, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I have had episodes of Acute Sinusitis throughout many years and whenever I take this I feel better yet somewhat worse when I stop it. I does do the job with little to no side effects for me personally"

Sinus sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Seem to work very well. I have had a sinus infection for over a week and was feeling miserable. I started taking Augmentin yesterday and today I already feel 90% better! Yay! I think it is very important to take a high potency good bacteria pill (forgetting right now what they are called!) Very pleased with this perscription"

carolyn74 May 1, 2015

For Sinusitis: "On day 4 with no relief. I have had sinusitis now for 4 weeks. I first got prescribed Amoxicillin 800 which seemed to knock out the infection after just a few days on it. No side effects with amoxicillin. 5 days after completing my antibiotics the symptoms quickly came back but worse this time. Now on this antibiotic - severe head aches which linger all day, severe nausea, loss of appetite which has led me to not eat as much and lost 4 pounds in 2 days. Extremely sleepy all through out the day. Almost wish I never tried this antibiotic!"

MegBV April 22, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "Several side effects from this drug: diarrhea, slight headache, nausea, stomach cramping, oral thrush, yeast infection. But, the infection did clear up."

Texgal2 April 19, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Augmentin gave me a debilitating, unbelievably severe headache. I thought I was going to die due to my head imploding with pain. I was literally screaming! Never again for me..."

Korine April 14, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Had really bad sinus infection that lead to bronchitis that stemmed from bad allergies due to a dry, dusty environment and a plane ride home. Suffered for a week before heading to the doctor. Was placed on Augmentin and after 1 day had immediate relief and wheezing was under control in my chest. Wonder medication for infections!"

Sinus sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

For Strep Throat: "I was diagnosed with strep throat Monday morning. The doctor prescribed 500mg of amoxicillin three times a day. I filled the script that morning and started my course. It is now Saturday morning and I am halfway through the course. Last night was the worst night since this thing started. I cannot sleep through the night because my throat is still very swollen and it is extremely painful when I swallow. My lower back and ears are now achy."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I took one pill at 7 p.m. with food and was awake at midnight with diarrhea and nausea. I was up constantly for 3 hours. I'll be going to the doctor as soon as they open for a different med!"

aigevaT (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

For Strep Throat: "I had strep throat for 2 days after taking amoxicillin/clavulanate after the first pill I was 60 per cent better it works"

mr. larry March 22, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "The pharmacist, physician, nurse told me Augmentin could or may give me diarrhea. So I started eating the BRAT diet and yogurt and drinking a lot of water. Mild/dull stomach discomfort with mild cramping on days 1 and 2. Day 3 is when diarrhea started. On the 7 days order."

R_R March 11, 2015

For Sinusitis: "This medicine made me horribly sick. I get sinus infection 1-2x per year and typically am prescribed azythromicin (z-pack) which works great. This time a new NP prescribed me 875mg augmenting 2x/day. I've never really had trouble with antibiotics so I obliged and started taking it. I was 4 doses in, and started getting diarreah and it continued into the next day so I took some Imodium. I should also mention that my voice got extremely hoarse after starting the medicine too. The Imodium seemed to help a little but I had a mild underlying continuous stomach ache that didn't go away. By the 3rd day I had headache fever bloating and diarreah. I stopped taking it 4th day. Two days later I am still sick with stomach pain. This is the devil!"

Kitty Kat Kaly (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I was prescribed 875mg bid.. It gave me strong side effects: heart skipping, dizziness and weakness. I reduced it to once a day to see if it would reduce any side effect. It did reduce some dizziness and weakness.. But my chest pain remains. I stopped taking it. I am going to see doctor to find out why my chest hurts."

CBarnes70 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Colds turn into sinus infections pretty easily on me. Yes I wait a while before I go to the doctor for antibiotics as most sinus infections are viral. By the time I went to the doc with this one I was MISERABLE. Hurting down into my jaw even. Within a few hours of taking the first pill there was relief. I never knew I could have so much disgusting stuff come out of my nose. I always take probiotics (especially while on antibiotics) to decrease GI side effects. TAKE PROBIOTICS. Nausea and diarrhea are possible with any antibiotic."

Ahhhh (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "Best medicine I've used to treat this particular infection. Amoxicillin and Bactrim aren't as effective for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Cleared up my symptoms within a couple of days. Felt much better after day 8. No side effects, as I also take acidophilus."

BlinkyLoo February 2, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: "Still sick and throat hurts sfter 36 hrs"

ghhrf (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2015

For Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth: "I was prescribed Amox Clave 850 mg for Bronchitis. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Diarrhea. After just a day or two of the medication my diarrhea was gone, totally! I know this is probably a temporary fix, but its been 3 weeks and I still feel fantastic. My Doctor was surprised as Amox Clave usually has the opposite effect on patients but not for me, MIRACLE! I have done all of the traditional suggestions, Fod Map Diet, Lactose and Gluten free but nothing has worked like this medication."

SO CAL LK January 13, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I was prescribed Augmfnyin 875 twice a day for a severe sinus infection and just after two pills (one day) I could see light at the end of a dark stuffy congested tunnel...I began feeling much better almost immediately but a side effect that almost subways happens to me with antibiotics....I got a yeast infection! My doctor told me that this is common because an antibiotics job is to kill bacteria all whether good or bad....these include bacterial that naturally occur and are normal in the vaginal tract so my doctor usually prescribes something for a yeast infection. Other than that taken with food I did not have any side effects and feel much better..it's amazing how quickly it works. After being miserable for days, I'm very happy!"

Works fast but as a female... (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: "After failing to complete the 10 day cycle of penicillin initially prescribed and a 3 day delay in getting back to the doctor, the the strep came back 500x worse than the first time (including sinus and ear infections). Augmentin was prescribed along with Lidocaine Viscous (to gargle), Sudafed, Flonase, Ibuprofen, and Saline Rinse. After 1 day, I can tell that I am on the mend... fever gone; throat, ears and sinuses getting better... I have had no adverse digestive effects (am eating yogurt consistently as it's he only that I have been able to get down). I am thankful that the Nurse Practitioner at CVS Minute Clinic went all out instead of sending me to the ER. This time I will finish the complete cycle!"

BigBabyDave January 3, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: "I am on day 2 of Antibiotics. I took the Z pack only one dose and had horrible reaction to it. (Swelling of face, fever, diarrhea YOU NAME IT) Stopped taking it and two days later started Augmentin. I have been taking Culturelle (Lactobacillus GG) Two hours before or after taking the antibiotics. Seems to be helping. No diarrhea. No gas. No hives/Itchy skin. But I don't know if its long enough to tell. ***Take those pro-biotics. *** Dairy products are putting me over the edge. Stick to non dairy while taking this."

SadieD (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this to treat my sinus infection. It's been almost two days now and while I feel slightly better, the nausea and upset stomach is too much for me. I have eaten both yogurt or rice before taking it and I still get very sick. It is also making everything I eat seem extremely salty. Even when I breathe, I taste salt. I've called my doctor and they're changing my antibiotic to something else. Apparently this one is making my potassium levels rise too high."

Halli (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Overall, not too bad. Had some mild nausea and diarrhea the first two or three days, but then drank Kefir which helped immensely. Be sure to take as directed with some food (you don't need a whole meal) and eat yogurt etc. I highly recommend Kefir during Augmentin therapy. Began clearing the infection by the second day. Remember, most people have little to no side effects with these medications, so what you tend to read on the Internet is negatively biased."

JoeyJoJo December 27, 2014