User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 64 medications

Otitis Media 15 reviews 126 medications

6.2
Summary of Amoxicillin/clavulanate reviews 216 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Everyone's system is different. What you have to do is take probiotics, I drink kefir, 4 hours after you take the augmentin. This and plenty of water, will help most people. Always always always eat plenty of food with augmentin, and always take probiotics in intervals, to replace the good bacteria. Do not take them at the same time, else you will just kill the probiotic good bacteria"

divinetrust January 30, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Throat infection/headache/ear infection. Four days twice a day helped me get rid of it. Just drink a lot of water people"

Dana ak (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2016

For Strep Throat: "Personal favorite antibiotic. Taken it many times over the last 8 years. I've never had any harsh side effects but I always take this medication with a light meal, usually high in carbs. Usually within 3 to 5 days all symptoms are gone and you can return to a light version of your routine, but you must finish the medication otherwise your symptoms will return far worse. If you are having trouble with nausea from this zofran has worked for other medications I've taken in the past, so I'd recommend asking your doctor about it before counting this medication out. I have lupus so I'm usually on this medication 10 times a year for things like strepthroat, tonsillitis, utis, upper respiratory infections, and all the other fun winter brings"

Lupus92 January 19, 2016

For Sinusitis: "My ENT put me on ceftin at first for 10 days to treat sinus infection. I finished the course but didn't feel completely healed. A couple weeks later my head felt worse than ever. Went to a walk in Doctor and he gave me this for 7 days. After the first pill I already started feeling a little better. Only on my 3rd dose but I will never take anything but this again for a sinus infection."

K Alexandra (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "The pills are so big I had to split in half and the pills smell bad however the medication works for my skin infection"

s1nkeria January 16, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I have chronic sinus infections 2 to 4 times a year and this is the only thing that clears up the infection. I have had sinus surgery and taking everything else under the sun to treat them nothing but amox-clav 875 MG works. I guess I just have a rock hard stomach as long as I drink milk and if I get a upset feeling eat a cup of yogurt I have no problems ever, but that's just a few of us in the world who have cast iron stomachs. Hope this helps someone just e member to drink milk and eat dairy while you take the pill, and eat something a little solid at dinner and breakfasts"

copper2401 January 5, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Day 4 of 875 mg of augmentin. I have a severe sinus infection, a inner ear infection along with a "sizeable" hole in my eardrum "

jcblockhead15 January 3, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I did not have any side effects. Loose stool the first few days bit not what I would consider diarrhea. I'm not sure if it worked though. It helped my ears but I still have a slight sinus headache. Just finished the 10th day. Two doses a day."

HeatherLynn87 December 28, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "After a couple of hours after taking an 875 mg tab, my stomach became rock hard. I had the most debilitating stomach cramps known to man. I've never vomited as much and as hard as I did that day. The diarrhea was like I was urinating out of my anus. After drinking a bottle of kiefer, I was good again"

Leon G. December 27, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "3 hours after my first dose of Augmentin 875 I started vomiting in addition to diarrhea. I thought I had a stomach flu. I waited 5-6 days to restart the antibiotic. Well 3 hours after that dose guess where I was, in the bathroom vomiting again for several hours! I will NEVER take this medicine again!!! I've had Augmentin before but only experienced nausea. Not anymore! :("

Amy7231 December 26, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "i went to my pcp after a week of suffering from what i believed to be both a throat and sinus infection. He prescribed me 875mg amoxicillin with clavulanate. He stated it was a strong dosage, and reminded me to take with food, preferably some sort of yogurt or probiotic. My symptoms were fairly severe, but less than 2 days after starting this antibiotic I began to feel better. I'm now 5 days in, and 90% of my symptoms have subsided. I have had 0 side effects thus far. no upset stomach, no nausea, nothing. im very pleased with this antibiotic."

d09117 December 26, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Yes it is absolutely useful for infectious acne. It is one of the best and also less harmful."

DAVID2015 December 24, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this medication because I have an ear infection and a swollen gland that's causing a sore throat. These pills are HUGE. I took two pills yesterday 12 hours apart and went to bed at 8 PM. I woke up 3 hours later and started vomiting... A lot. After I had calmed down a bit I went to lay down... And I had to run back to the bathroom to vomit again. I kept feeling sick but I had nothing left and the second time there was blood. Not worth it at all."

Sadie S (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2015

For Sinusitis: "2 Years ago I thought I had a toothache...after a visit to the dentist, he told me it was a sinus infection and to go to the nearest medical centre. I did and they prescribed me this drug. After two days I had to call 911 from vomiting and passing out . The only thing that saved me was Clariton Extra Strength to dry me up finally .. relief was within 20 minutes from taking only 1 pill ... true true story."

kimboloco December 11, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains. But the infection seems to have cleared."

anonymous50 December 10, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Got Amoxicillin for tooth pain and root canal infection. Staying in the north of Namibia and had to get the swelling and pain off before going to Europe to treat the tooth at a better dentist . The prescription was 3 x day for 5 days . In 2012 I used it also for a week for Acne treatment . BOTH TIMES I got terrible headache meningtitis type feeling from day two on which lingered on for some days after I finished the drug. The first time I was not sure what to make out this rare symptoms and the doctor was in doubt as I don't remember an allergy on anitibiotics. But now in 2015 taking the same drug its the same side effects. So I guess Amoxicillin can have this bad effects I finished the course both times but the side effects were identical...."

Patrick Hilger December 9, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I have taken regular amoxicillin before, but my DR put me on this to clear up a sinus infection. BCBS covered it and I took one dose when RX was filled with yogurt, milk, and chicken soup and 2 hrs later had intense diarrhea and I vomited every 2-3 minutes from 4 pm to 9:30 pm. I thought I was literally going to die or have to have my stomach pumped or something. Made me severely dehydrated and from all the vomiting I had the most intense stomach pain I have ever felt in my life. Going in for a shot today and getting off this medication."

get me another drug (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "Had a really bad infected impacted wisdom tooth and dentist prescribed augmentin. This antibiotic works really good. Only side effect was diarrhea. Infection cleared up in about 4 days."

TyTy3643 December 6, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Works good and fast for sinus infection. TAKE.... pro biotics or at least some yogurt and hour before or and hour after to help with stomach issues. Personally I would rather have the shits than a sinusitis infection any day as the sinusitis infection laid me out body and mind."

Camel toe (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I have had Augmentin or its generic prescribed for my sinus upper resp infections for 15 years. It Always works. It sometimes takes 15-21 days as I've had many sinus surgeries, but by the end I am clear and good to go! Cipro takes longer and Levaquin made me lose my sense of smell for a year!"

Sinu-Girl (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I'm almost done with a 10 day course of 875 mg of Augmentin, twice daily. I don't feel any relief. I'm taking Flonase and generic Allegra D as well. None of it helps."

A76marie (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I took this medicine after being prescribed for a persistent infection. After a quick nap before I became hot sweaty and jittery and began to vomit endlessly. I vomited so hard that I saw blood and had to go to the hospital. I was diagnosed with food poisoning and popped blood vessels in my stomach (even though they knew I was on the meds,) given an iv and anti-nausea meds. It took me days to get back to normal, and since my infection is still persistent I thought it was a good time to try taking the pills again. Big mistake. Woke up 2 hours later vomitig, like a nightmare. Luckily had some anti-nausea medicine leftover and could keep it down enough to not make a hospital visit at midnight. Horrible horrible experience."

A201512345432 November 23, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "Intense abdominal pain. Bloody diarrhea. Loss of blood from diarrhea causing excessive weakness. Resulting in 6 day intensive care in hospital."

skipbob November 16, 2015

For Strep Throat: "After going to the ER twice in one week and my strep test coming out negative, my symptoms were so bad and visible that they started my first dose of antibiotics through IV. And sent me home with Augmentin 875 mg, after the 3rd day I was feeling better from my throat but the side affects were doing a number on me. I am super weak and tired I'm sleeping most of the day, my joints hurt my legs hurt, my chest feels tight and I'I have irregular heart beats if I move to much. I feel lethargic and I have a weird taste in my mouth, every thing taste bad. And I'm irritable,I feel so many more just don't feel like myself. I have experienced some really bad side affects but it's helping my infection. So I guess I have to deal with that for 3 more days."

Undiagnosed.. November 12, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "When I first started the medication it did not affect me the first two days and then I started having anxiety, nervousness, depressed, tiredness my stomach felt weird and I just didn't feel like myself. I had upper respiratory infection which is better. I have one more pill to take tonight but I am skipping it because I have had such a bad day.. I was on the 875 mg for seven days twice a day... I will ask the doctor for something else next time.. From what I'm reading I think it is the Clav ingredient and I also spoke to the pharmacist and he said that that gives it an extra kick to kill the infection. So this is a super strong antibiotic and has side effects that I've never experienced before with an antibiotic..."

Sjr2212 November 9, 2015