User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Kidney Infections 1 reviews 84 medications

Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Amoxicillin/clavulanate reviews 170 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "had sinusitis for 3 weeks and got augmentine for medication. I'm on my 3rd day now and thinking of stopping as it gave me severe headache. couldn't do any work, just laying on the bed battling with it. augmentine is good, for most people, but not for me though."

Denise Alliman July 22, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have adult acne and rosacea due to pcos. I have redness, welt type acne, rash type scne, black/white heads on my face. When taking Augmentin, all my skin problems dissappear within 2-5 days and my face stays clear while taking the prescription. Augmentin is a Godsend."

Carpediembaby (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 21, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Suffered for almost a week before heading to the doctor. My sinus infection had gotten so bad it lead to an ear infection. After trying to self medicate for almost a week (HUGE FAIL) I finally gave in. My lovely doctor prescribed Augmentin. I started Augmentin Thursday and today I am almost feeling like myself again. No negative side affects for me whatsoever :) pretty satisfied "

Feeling Way Better (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Had the worst sinus infection of my life and couldn't sleep for 2 days. my sinuses felt like concrete. After 2 days on Augmentin I finally felt relief. It took 7 days to completely get rid of the infection. No side effects, maybe because I'm 6 ft 7 and weigh 260 lbs and had more body mass."

TallPaul July 4, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for : "Well I took augmentin for 5 days and I solved my problem along with a probiotic. But it had started making me nauseous and felt like vomiting. I would say it effective though."

StephenJ1023 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Day two and I already can breathe out of both nostrils!. My stomach feels a little weird but not terrible. 875 X 2"

sinuses June 27, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed it for a sinus infections infection but I'd gone to the doctor for a UTI. He dismissed the UTI for lack of any positive test results. This medication cleared up both after 8 days. I also felt well for the first time in years. I had energy, no joint paint, and my urethritis was completely gone. Now three month later the symptoms have slowly returned -except for the sinus infection- but having no positive test results for bacteria, I can't get any more of this. They need better tests!"

Brice1620 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015

For Strep Throat: "I've been taking this drug for possible strep throat. Since I started taking it I've had extreme nausea, vomiting, dizziness, heart burn, chest pains, joint pain, pounding headache, insomnia, confusion, and loss of appetite. I don't know if I'm having problems because I'm young (16) but I don't plan on ever taking this drug again ."

CChatesthisdrugandfeelshorribleandsick (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015

For Bronchitis: "Prescribed Amox-Clav after trying to fight off bronchitis by myself for 2 weeks. Given 875 mg/twice a day for 10 days. By day 3 I noticed a dramatic lessening of my coughing, clearing of my sinuses (which was unexpected). By day 5 my cough is almost completely gone. On day 5 my stools are very off -- almost nothing is produced and it's slimy in consistency. I will try probiotics to see if it helps. Note last night and the first day I took this I suddenly felt cold and started shaking for 15 minutes. I layered up immediately and felt fine after 10 minutes or so. I suspect being hungry triggered this. When I eat a bit of food just before the pill my stomach cramps are far less. I also recommend taking yogurt for diaherria."

Anonp (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I have a sinus infection and after taking this medication for two day, I feel worse. I have diarrhea, nausea and a headache. I've taken this med before but not at this dosage. I am on my way back to the doctor for a lesser dosage or a different drug."

Sickgirl26 June 8, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I was given AMOX 500MG/CLAVULAN 125MG to be taken 3 times a day for 10 days for Bronchitis at a walk-in clinic. The 3rd day into this Rx I developed severe uncontrollable watery diarrhea 45 times a day, by day 6, I stopped taking the Rx. I went for weeks with severe diarrhea this Rx wiped out ALL my gut flora, clostridium difficile attacked my large intestine and colon. It took 4 months of antibiotics & living on a BRAT diet to get this under some control to a point where I am only be having diarrhea 8-10 times per day, for the past 20 months, my body still doesn't know how to form a stool. I live with c. difficile. My GP will not prescribe me any antibiotics at all now. Clavulan has destroyed my body!"

MAD AS HELL June 5, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "This medicine was given to me for a bacterial infection that I had from a abscess on my butt. It did help rid the infection but I had almost every possible side effects that comes with this medicine. I had a loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting whenever I would try to eat or right after and whenever I would attempt to take another pill. I also had crazy thoughts or hallucinations not sure what was going on. I couldn't sleep, couldn't stand for longer than a few seconds without get dizzy. I almost passed out in the shower every day. I had really bad fevers that would go back and forth all day. I could go on but I'll be all day. I was told to stop taking it once I developed a bad diaper rash. It works but it may not be worth all the side effect"

aubreyg June 3, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: "I had a wicked bout of strep while travelling in Europe. I had a round of Amoxicillin which didn't quite clear it, so I was prescribed Augmentin. I had 30 hours of travel ahead of me, and two hours of sleep to go on, but despite the circumstances, I began to feel much better! The only side effects I've had so far have been that the acne on my cheeks has completely cleared up and I have better than average energy levels (not sure if either of these are related to the Augmentin, but the timing lines up perfectly)."

kat2332 (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Monday morning I went to my doctor and she diagnosed me with Sinusitis, and prescribed me with Augmentin. I took my first dose at around 11 am, 4 hours later I was feeling terribly nauseous with awful cramps. Though the medication had helped subside the pain in my head, there was a newfound pain in stomach. I stopped taking the medication on Wednesday because the stomach pains were unbearable. In my experience, this medication helped get rid of my sinus infection but now I am suffering through daily nausea and cramps and I have been off the antibiotics for 2 days."

GriffinHoover23 May 21, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Great response & no problems! In a 3x lung ca. Pt."

Cancerman (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Otitis Media: "I have chronic otitis media problem which I had since I was 14 (I am now 37) and the 1gm dose of Augmentin for a week, 1 tablet daily - is by far the best solution for me. Experienced a bit if nausea but its not so bad. This is the best antibiotics for my otitis media condition for now. Love it!!!"

Shewsbury May 12, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I have had episodes of Acute Sinusitis throughout many years and whenever I take this I feel better yet somewhat worse when I stop it. I does do the job with little to no side effects for me personally"

Sinus sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Seem to work very well. I have had a sinus infection for over a week and was feeling miserable. I started taking Augmentin yesterday and today I already feel 90% better! Yay! I think it is very important to take a high potency good bacteria pill (forgetting right now what they are called!) Very pleased with this perscription"

carolyn74 May 1, 2015

For Sinusitis: "On day 4 with no relief. I have had sinusitis now for 4 weeks. I first got prescribed Amoxicillin 800 which seemed to knock out the infection after just a few days on it. No side effects with amoxicillin. 5 days after completing my antibiotics the symptoms quickly came back but worse this time. Now on this antibiotic - severe head aches which linger all day, severe nausea, loss of appetite which has led me to not eat as much and lost 4 pounds in 2 days. Extremely sleepy all through out the day. Almost wish I never tried this antibiotic!"

MegBV April 22, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "Several side effects from this drug: diarrhea, slight headache, nausea, stomach cramping, oral thrush, yeast infection. But, the infection did clear up."

Texgal2 April 19, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Augmentin gave me a debilitating, unbelievably severe headache. I thought I was going to die due to my head imploding with pain. I was literally screaming! Never again for me..."

Korine April 14, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Had really bad sinus infection that lead to bronchitis that stemmed from bad allergies due to a dry, dusty environment and a plane ride home. Suffered for a week before heading to the doctor. Was placed on Augmentin and after 1 day had immediate relief and wheezing was under control in my chest. Wonder medication for infections!"

Sinus sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

For Strep Throat: "I was diagnosed with strep throat Monday morning. The doctor prescribed 500mg of amoxicillin three times a day. I filled the script that morning and started my course. It is now Saturday morning and I am halfway through the course. Last night was the worst night since this thing started. I cannot sleep through the night because my throat is still very swollen and it is extremely painful when I swallow. My lower back and ears are now achy."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I took one pill at 7 p.m. with food and was awake at midnight with diarrhea and nausea. I was up constantly for 3 hours. I'll be going to the doctor as soon as they open for a different med!"

aigevaT (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

For Strep Throat: "I had strep throat for 2 days after taking amoxicillin/clavulanate after the first pill I was 60 per cent better it works"

mr. larry March 22, 2015