User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 1 reviews 33 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 62 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

4.5
Babesiosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 126 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pertussis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 60 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 260 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Chlamydia Infection: "I am a 5' 8" male 175 lbs and have Chlamydia for the second time :(. First time it took me 5 months to realize I had infection, I was having the testicle pain thinking it was too much sex! Then a physician recommended doxycycline for a week and it went away. Now, I just took 2x500mg of azithromycin. I had breakfast 2 hrs earlier, cereal and fruit. Two hours later only small stomach discomfort. I am drinking plenty water. Lets wait a week to see if it goes away. Cheers"

limahb (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Had this infection twice smh.. Took Two 500mg of Azithromycin which is 1 gram 30 minutes after eating a big meal (as directed by doctor) first time I had minor side effects. Just a bit of gagging but nothing came out. This time I felt horrible.Stomach cramps, Nausea, diarrhea and felt very weak. Took the pills around 8:15 pm it's now 10:23pm and I'm feeling a little better. Ran to the toilet once because of the diarrhea. Hopefully this medicine works a second time."

Miss Cooper (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Started feeling bad with strep symptoms on Monday accompanied by fever, chills, body aches and swollen throat. Went to the ER. Culture came back positive. Dr gave me ibuprofen, zithromax and prednisone before leaving. Left with rx for those two and have felt no symptoms since. Other than my stomach being torn up from the meds, i think the prednisone has made all the difference this time. This is the 3rd time this year alone i have had it."

mandabear613 July 30, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took the two pills at one time and didnt have any problem with it. It has been 5 days since i took it and i feel fine."

madigotchlamydia July 29, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "I have Asthma so maybe it makes it worse . But it came on suddenly with no fever. No change in pulse . Just a cough that hurt the back of my head so bad that it rattled my brain and made me see fireworks in my head . I don't think this z pac worked for me because after laying in bed no energy for 1 week I went to the doc again . This time he prescribed Bactrim and it seems to be working - I'm feeling better. The doc asked if I had a loose stool , no I didn't but my BF has the same symptons and a very loose stool . I just wish he would go to the Doc so we don't pass this back and forth ..Arithamyicin has worked for me in the past but not with whatever this supercough is. Its feeling like nothing ever before is ... I just wonder how contagious it is"

Kennifer (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 2 pills as soon as I got in. Within 30 minutes I felt the stomach pains. Felt sleepy which was nice cause I didn't have to feel the stomach pains. After I woke up the pains continued and the I felt nauseous and vomited. After that the pains stopped and everything felt great. Can finally eat now."

Khaza July 16, 2015

For Sinusitis: "After third dose I feel worse than before. Headache, diarrhea, bad taste in mouth, upset stomach, and weak. Two doses left of five day pack and can breathe a bit but other side effects are awful. Feel as unmedicated I felt better."

Billie212 (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I ate a piece of bread and some fries when I took it, as well as a bottle of water. Within the hour of me taking it, I got a little nauseous, felt stomach pains, felt sleepy, and my vision felt weird for about an hour. When I started feeling sick, I had a mint and drank a bottle of sparkling water. Felt fine after that. I did eat a sandwich when I started feeling better, and that brought back the stomach pains slightly but, nothing too bad. No more nausea or sleepiness and weird vision."

Anonymous July 10, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "A pretty positive experience overall if you can get past the whole "crap, I have chlamydia" feelings. Bodies are weird. I've had symptoms for months but my tests have never been positive for it which is kind of scary. What is not scary however, is knowing that this is totally treatable and I'll feel better almost immediately. I took 4 rather large pills right after eating a PB&J, had some popcorn a couple hours later and went to bed. Woke up with some pretty bad nausea and diarrhea. After all of that things are back to normal."

colquit94 July 10, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I'm on my fourth day of this medicine for strep throat and my throat is in unbearable pain still. It really has not done anything for me. Horrible and would not recommend using."

Anonymous July 9, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I was prescribed azithromycin for tonsilitis/phyrangitis. On day 4 with the z-pak and still can't eat can't even swallow my own saliva without being afraid it will hurt. This medication is completely useless my swelling hasn't gone down and the pus pockets are now on the right side of my throat. I am in so much pain haven't eaten for 4 days"

apsa (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took two regimens of doxy before finally getting this. Doc said it would give me nausea and diarrhea, but I ignored him. Thankfully he prescribed nausea meds. This is day 3 and I still feel nausea and have the runs after every meal. The itching is finally going away though"

Boys suck (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I had been coughing for 2 weeks straight really badly. I called my doctor to get a check up and she prescribed me the 5 day dosage. 2 the first day and then 1 for the next 4. By the 5th day my cough was still there and I had gotten the runs. This medicine was a waste of my time"

Kebbie (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I've only taken one azithromycin tablet & and that was about 5hrs ago. If I take the other now will it still be as effective? Damn it..didn't get any instructions."

sparzen (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "First time taking the medicine. Two pills 500mg. I took the pills while cooking and ate immediately after. I laid down for a nap and fell asleep. I woke up with a strong sensation to throw up. I had to fight it for awhile because I was afraid if I threw up the medicine wouldn't work. Severe stomach pain as well. No other symptoms from my experience."

leesabee222 June 27, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "re: side effects, I forgot to add to the comments I just submitted that while my stomach felt a little weird the morning after my first dose (this being 12 hours later) I was prepared to eat plenty of probiotics, which I have been doing. I have not had any problems; I am really pushing the yogurt and kefir. I did feel extraordinarily tired but not debilitated, and I was extremely fatigued from nearly 5 weeks of being sick, so the trade-off is meaningless, and it's improved after the first mega-dose anyway."

tiggerflute (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I haven't taken an antibiotic for several years because I haven't had a bacterial infection. Over a month ago I came down with a virus but in retrospect it soon evolved into a secondary sinus infection. I respect the avoidance of antibiotics unless symptoms clearly point to bacterial infections, and I was not running a fever, and what my sinus produced did not look foul enough. However, when this didn't abate after close to 5 weeks, even my internist agreed it might be a rare low-grade bacterial infection and gave the green light to try an antibiotic. I started it the day before yesterday and by last night it was the first time in 4 1/2 weeks I got relief from the non-stop post-nasal glob driving me crazy. It couldn't have been more dramatic."

tiggerflute (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I was prescribed Azithromycin after feeling fatigued and under the weather for a few days then coming down with a fever, chills, body aches, loss of taste, deep chest congestion and sinus congestion. My doctor said it was bronchitis and perhaps an initial onset into bronchial pneumonia. On the 5-day treatment, and started feeling noticeably better on day 2. On day 3 now and although still getting better, the lung congestion is so deep that it's hard to get rid of the mucus. A MUST on this drug is taking a LOT of probiotics! The medication kills off all of your GUT GERMS, good and bad making many people's stomach's ache so make sure to eat a lot of YOGURT and even better KEFIR everyday. The doctor's leave that out when prescribing."

SantaMonicaGuy (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed azrithromycin by my Dr for sinusitis. I have suffered from year-long allergies since I was a kid & this year has definitely been a bad one for me. I was a little worried about taking this medication because I read that some people got bad stomach upset with it. Luckily enough, the worst thing that happened to me was minor lower abdominal cramps, no worse than menstrual cramps. By the time I woke up the next day I was able to breathe clear for the first time literally in months. I did not feel congested, although I did have a very minor sore throat that I believe was caused by my sinuses finally draining. I definitely recommend taking this drug with food --it helps avoid stomach upset or cramps. Otherwise this helped me"

Kelsey G. June 19, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Second time having it. Shame on me. The first time I experienced taking 2 500mg tablets I had no symptoms and was fine, I'd eaten before hand and ate straight after and managed to keep myself hydrated. This time round, same dosage, but I felt a little spaced out, had tummy gripes which passed after having a proper meal and a big glass of water, but I found for the entire day I'd get random shivers and my stomach would feel a bit bubbly. Also felt a slight bit of dizziness but nothing I couldn't manage."

UKbrmng June 17, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Was given the five day pack for strep throat. Day four and finally improving a bit. Probably not the strongest or beat for strep, but slowly does the job and works for five days after completing meds."

Sherwoodfam June 14, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Today I was diagnosed w. Chlamydia, I've had it over 9 months. The clinic gave me two 500mg tablets. 20 minutes after consumption, my stomach began to ache and I was nauceous. It may be because I didn't eat anything before. I drank some water and ate a bag of chips. An hour passed and my stomach was still upset so I ate a Reese cup milkshake & chicken nuggets from McDonalds. ( obviously not the best ) the pain and nausea subsided a bit afterwards. After that I took a short 35 minute nap, when I got up I felt dizzy and my stomach started to bubble lol. Now I'm at work & its 90 degrees here in las Vegas. Its best to take at night when you can lay down and be close to a toilet."

TreenaGonzalez (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I am 17 and pregnant only have had one sexual partner, today I got a phone call that I was positive for this STD. I took the medication (2 of them) and had severe stomach cramps and nausea it lasted about 2 hours but then went away!"

what have I done June 4, 2015

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "Never have taken the generic brand before the pharmacy took it upon themselves to switch it ( Rite Aid) I have to say I'm on day 3 of 5 and it's not working.With original the 3 day Pak I started feeling better that night now got to call the doc back and have it represcribed somewhere else and tell them to do not do generic!!!"

Generic sucks June 3, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I have just taken Day 5 dose for a worse than usual respiratory infection. Being asthmatic I need to get a jump on these things and Z Pack works well and the one pill a day makes it convenient. Abdominal cramps and diahrea are a side effect I get with all antibiotics, and I have found eating yogurt helps. The antibiotic will kill the good bacteria in your colon as well as the bad infection and it has to bereplaced."

Broncky Al (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015