User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 1 reviews 34 medications

Mycobacterium avium-...ulare, Treatment 1 reviews 12 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 63 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

Babesiosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 126 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pertussis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 65 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 177 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Azithromycin

Review by Aimee25:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took this last night right before bed, slept fine, and woke up this morning with my stomach rumbling, aching, and mild diarrhea. Nothing too horrible though. I gave it a 9, because I don't know how effective the treatment was yet. I took four 250 mg pills.

December 18, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by ShawnieMichael (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: I suffere from asthma and would frequently come down with bronchitis. This Zithromax is a lifesaver. I love how it helps me get over it quickly and I am on my feet again within the week. Best prescription ever.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 9:44 AM

For Chlamydia Infection: I have taken this medication about 3 times 4 250mg (1000mg total) all at once and every time its the same side effects feeling hot extremely nauseous and very bad stomach pain although its a very uncomfortable feeling the medication is very effective the uncomfortable feeling last close to about 2 hours and then gradually the pain goes away besides the pain. It's a great medication good luck.

December 11, 2014 9:46 AM

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: I was prescribed this along with a steroid pack. I'm on my fourth day and I will admit I feel a little better. Although it still doesn't look so great, I still have 2 more days.

December 1, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by srob (taken for less than 1 month):

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Had bad upper respiratory infection, coughing and pain, and was prescribed the 250 pack. By day two, I was 90 percent better and no side effects. Definitely a great medicine for upper respiratory infection!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I had chronic sinusitis and had balloon sinuplasty surgery to correct the problem. I had lost nasal drip which led to bronchitis which triggered asthma attacks. I could hardly breath until I took the azythromycin. Within a couple hours my airways were opening up and I was able to breath again. On my second day now and things just keep getting better. This medicine is taking out whatever bacteria is in my lungs. It was a real life saver for me.

November 13, 2014 5:34 PM

Review by Samriz:

For Bronchitis: Took for 5 days and it did not work at all. It actually feels it's gotten worse. Also had stomach cramps and upset tummy through the course. Going back to doctor for followup.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2014 7:48 PM

Review by wildjflippin (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: I am allergic to just about every antibiotic out there but the Z-pack is pretty good in taking care of the sinus infections I get, without too many side effects. A little bit of upset stomach occurs but its minor. Z pack always takes care of the infection promptly.

October 15, 2014 8:21 PM

Review by Chronic Sinusitis (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: I have had chronic sinusitis for the better part of 10 years now off and on. It really gets bad as spring changes over to summer as well as summer over to fall. I have taken several different antibiotics over the years and the sinusitis keeps coming back stronger the next year. So I just started the 7 day ZPak yesterday for the first time and just took the second days dosage. Much like most of the other reviews on this site, I am experiencing some minor diarrhea as well as flatulence. Which, in my opinion, can be a deadly combination for a new pair of white boxer briefs! I have not noticed any other side effect as of yet but again I am only on the second day. I will tell you that I am feeling much livelier right now and gained motivation

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 1:50 AM

Review by Jordan R:

For Otitis Media: Had inner ear infection. Felt like a ball pen hammer hitting my head on day 1. Broke fever before day 2 and felt awesome. Best medicine on earth.

October 5, 2014 2:57 PM

Review by Mikala Lomborgino:

For Bronchitis: Have used Z-pack before with much success. Usually feel better by day 3. But this time chills, aches and coughing seem to be coming back on day 4. Feel a little woozy and weak but the meds make me not mind. Still feel better than I did before I started taking it. This is also my 3rd occasion to take the Z-pack in the last 2 years so I hope I'm not building up a resistance to it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by Nasal Infection:

For Bronchitis: My doctor prescribed me Azithromycin for the first time. I was given 6 250mg tabs (2 on first day, 1 for 4 days) for my nasal infection. On day 5 I still have the sinus infection. I do not drink alcohol. Antibiotic did not work.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by Apple n:

For Chlamydia Infection: I was diagnosed after my ex called me and said he was infected (lesson learned: condoms are necessary). I took 2 pills at 1000mg after I ate lunch (make sure to eat before you take them) and had diarrhea for a little while. Make sure you take them and don't have plans for the day, I ended up feeling nauseous, taking a nap definitely helped. But I feel the medicine definitely did it's job and now I just have to wait and see if I'm all cleared up.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2014 3:00 AM

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Pharyngitis: I began taking Zithromax today for Pharyngitis, however, it made me feel sweated and nauseous for 45 minutes. I felt like that I want to lay down in the living room not in the kitchen, because I was nauseous and unwilling to relax myself instead. Yet, I got mucus. I was able to stay awake and focused at the all time anyway. At the end, nausea disappear and my stomach became empty and was more willing to stay seated.

August 31, 2014 10:03 PM

Review by Samm1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Lyme Disease, Erythema Chronicum Migrans: For Lyme symptoms (which vary over months) I've taken different antibiotics for more than a year. Most of that time I took a different medicine (Ceftin), then IV, then Doxycycline which was not quite strong enough to stop the last of my symptoms (spine pain and arthritis in my hands) so for 30 days I took BOTH the Doxy azithromycin. There was almost immediate improvement (100% in spine!) but not completely resolved in hands. Currently doing another 30 days of both antibiotics. Side effects: there are hot flashes, like night sweats, for about 5 minutes every hour, but that may be caused by Lyme. The only gut problems may be my fault for taking it on an empty stomach then starting the day with black coffee. (Yeah -- don't do that.)

August 30, 2014 8:50 PM

Review by Steph3:

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: Took away my ear infection but gave me. Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, heart palpitations, anxiety, shortness of breath, diarrhea, dizziness, etc... So not worth it. I was less sick before starting this medicine.

August 6, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by catlover1215:

For Chlamydia Infection: If you're reading this right now, it's probably because you're worried about whether this antibiotic will work for you or not. I was diagnosed with chlamydia about a month ago and was in tears day in and day out because I was so worried that the chlamydia might have spread, considering I had no idea my cheating ex had given it to me a year prior. (Pathetic, I know) Well anyways, I was prescribed 4 pills, I took 2 pills at the same time for 2 days consecutively (1g or 1000mg in total to be exact) I had no side effects. The burning sensation while I urinated went away in two days. This antibiotic honestly was heaven sent. P.S, I went to the doctor today for my Test of Cure and I am completely infection free! USE THIS!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2014 8:36 PM

Review by Ska2lee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I went to a baseball game and was severely chilled. Thought I had a bad cold/ allergies which turned into a bronchial infection. After 48 hours of continual coughing, I called the dr. The on call physician prescribed the Z-pack. It's been 8 hours and I'm feeling much better. I've got thyroditis and cannot take decongestants and over the counter medicines. While I know we try to not take antibiotics in order to avoid resistance, I think it is worth getting an antibiotic instead of allowing your resistance to get so low that recovery will take longer and weaken your system.

June 15, 2014 7:46 PM

Review by Ron of Valhalla:

For Bronchitis: Had bronchitis for maybe 2 weeks. At first I thought it was a cold or maybe an allergy. My temp started to move up to 99.6, and then 100+ and finally like 101.7. But the cough was the worst. The weirdest cough I ever had, deep, loud coughs and I'd cough for like 30sec+ or cough and sneeze at the same time. Could not lie down at all or I'd begin coughing (but I'd cough anyway). The doc prescribed Z-pak. About 4 hours after I took it, I could tell the symptoms improving. My temp improved, the cough subsided, too. This is my second day. For me there are no side effects.

June 10, 2014 3:32 PM

Review by BeckiStart:

For Sinusitis: This is my first time taking a 6 pill pack. I have used regular azithromycin for sinus infections before with great results. This infection knocked me out. After being sick for a week I needed help. I started hallucinations because I couldn't breathe or sleep. So I gave in and went to the ER. I cleared up right after the first dose. By dose 3 I was breathing without wheezing. I'm going on day 4 and I can finally sleep. Ahhh sleep is great. I did get dizzy and there was a nasty taste in my mouth and I did have a few loose stools but all in all I would rather put up with those small side effects and be able to sleep.

May 26, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: Took the 4 capsules by mouth at once and within 40 minutes I am having CHRONIC stomach pain, EXTREME nausea and 2 trips within 15 minutes to the toilet with diarrhea. I rarely ever feel side effects to any medication I%u2019ve ever taken and this hurts like the dickens. I have yet to actually throw up but I am using all the power in me not to so I can make sure the medication stays in my system to cure the infection. If this does cure the infection like it should then it%u2019ll be worth it. This is the most miserable I%u2019ve ever felt, and if I throw up I hop, hop here comes bathroom trip number 3.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 11:06 PM

Review by no more siccko (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I had a tickle in my throat and very tired on day one. Then day 3 a dry hacking cough and then runny nose and congestion. Day 5 woke up to bad sinus headache and pressure but not getting better and worse cough. Day 7 I felt like death warmed over and couldn't take it anymore. Went to doctor and got 5 day Zpak and inhaler. Took day 1 dose and next morning felt much better and lot of the sinus pressure and headache were gone. By dose Day 4 much much better and only small cough now.

April 17, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by Doolittles (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Z-pack is the only antibiotic that will kill off bronchitis for me. I am on 3rd day of taking it and my constant, deep coughing has subsided. Today actually is the first day I have felt better in 2 weeks. Now when I cough you can tell the congestion is breaking up and I am not coughing deep at all. By the end of course, I am sure I will feel 100%. My doctor gave me Levaquin originally, it did absolutely nothing. Stick with Z-pack if you want to feel better.

April 3, 2014 12:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Started with clindamycin, stopped after 4 days because it wasn't doing the job. Dentist switched to azithromycin, and to much surprise it has been a good experience! My ears are clogged but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with med. This experience has really helped me and my anxiety about taking meds.

March 2, 2014 6:16 PM

Review by KT777:

For Chlamydia Infection: I was prescribed 1g of azithromycin in 2 500mg pills. My doctor allowed me to take them an hour apart as to try to avoid some stomach upset. I took them at 8pm with dinner, and was fine till about midnight. I got pretty bad stomach cramps and diarrhea consistently throughout the night. By the next morning though everything had subsided and I was fine. Ate normally, felt no side effects. I began feeling better after a day and was negative upon re-test. Medicines work good, you just have to put up with a few unpleasant side effects sometimes.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate