User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 1 reviews 34 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 63 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

4.5
Babesiosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 126 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pertussis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 65 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 187 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Azithromycin

Review by Tatz:

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Pharyngitis: My doctor always give this to me every time I got my pharnygitis, which normally attacks on winter times..

January 28, 2015 3:27 PM

Review by LoveConquers (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: So I recently found out yesterday I had the infection after having a miscarriage

January 24, 2015 10:33 AM

Review by iaresleeping (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: Pretty sure it cured the chlamydia, but I ended up in the ER. I guess I am very allergic to azithromycin.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 2:03 PM

Review by dying with strep and influenza:

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: I started feeling better within the hour but as the night progressed I had a stomach ache and non stop diarrhea. I guess you can't win every time.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 9:23 AM

Review by Ek90:

For Chlamydia Infection: Took x2 500mg tablets a few hours ago. Chronic stomach and lower back pain. Very nauseous trying my very hardest not to throw up. Make sure you eat before this medication. It is very strong and temporarily weakens you. Fingers crossed it works.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2015 12:11 AM

Review by Nikkicupcake09:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Woke up the other morning in tears not able to breathe. I did two breathing treatments and still very little relief. Went to ER and was prescribed this and I kid you not by the next morning after taking the 6, I felt 100% better. I am choking on a lot of mucus but I guess that's because it's being broken up now. This is the greatest medication I have taken in a while. It truly worked wonders. My hands are very itchy but I don't even care! I can breathe!!

January 8, 2015 8:43 PM

Review by sara cakez:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took it this morning before going to work, I felt so blind sided. Had the worst stomach pains and super nauseous and dizziness. I was also beyond tired like weak. I wished I would have taken it after work or after dinner. Lesson learned don't believe anyone when they say you're the only one. Hoping and praying it all comes out good when I get rechecked.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2014 12:02 PM

Review by knitgirl81 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Hard on the stomach but tolerable. More tolerable than others.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 8:55 AM

Review by Aimee25:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took this last night right before bed, slept fine, and woke up this morning with my stomach rumbling, aching, and mild diarrhea. Nothing too horrible though. I gave it a 9, because I don't know how effective the treatment was yet. I took four 250 mg pills.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by bludaisyj:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took 8! Yes 8 250mg pills in one single dose. I took them at 9:30pm tonight on an empty stomach (i had a hard time eating due to stress). Its now 12:30am and I've had watery diarrhea, dizziness, nausea and hot flashes since 11:30. It seems to be subsiding. Fingers crossed!

December 17, 2014 11:35 PM

Review by Speedy G:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Several bouts of Bronchitis and Walking Pneumonia over the years. I was born premature and had lung issues as an infant. I do not smoke. I am healthy. The Z-Pack (250 mg) works almost immediately for me. The first day I take two, then one/day for the next four days. I am on Day 2 and already am feeling better!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2014 8:48 AM

Review by ShawnieMichael (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: I suffere from asthma and would frequently come down with bronchitis. This Zithromax is a lifesaver. I love how it helps me get over it quickly and I am on my feet again within the week. Best prescription ever.

December 12, 2014 9:44 AM

For Chlamydia Infection: I have taken this medication about 3 times 4 250mg (1000mg total) all at once and every time its the same side effects feeling hot extremely nauseous and very bad stomach pain although its a very uncomfortable feeling the medication is very effective the uncomfortable feeling last close to about 2 hours and then gradually the pain goes away besides the pain. It's a great medication good luck.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2014 9:46 AM

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: I was prescribed this along with a steroid pack. I'm on my fourth day and I will admit I feel a little better. Although it still doesn't look so great, I still have 2 more days.

December 1, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by srob (taken for less than 1 month):

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Had bad upper respiratory infection, coughing and pain, and was prescribed the 250 pack. By day two, I was 90 percent better and no side effects. Definitely a great medicine for upper respiratory infection!

November 26, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I had chronic sinusitis and had balloon sinuplasty surgery to correct the problem. I had lost nasal drip which led to bronchitis which triggered asthma attacks. I could hardly breath until I took the azythromycin. Within a couple hours my airways were opening up and I was able to breath again. On my second day now and things just keep getting better. This medicine is taking out whatever bacteria is in my lungs. It was a real life saver for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2014 5:34 PM

Review by Samriz:

For Bronchitis: Took for 5 days and it did not work at all. It actually feels it's gotten worse. Also had stomach cramps and upset tummy through the course. Going back to doctor for followup.

November 5, 2014 7:48 PM

Review by wildjflippin (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: I am allergic to just about every antibiotic out there but the Z-pack is pretty good in taking care of the sinus infections I get, without too many side effects. A little bit of upset stomach occurs but its minor. Z pack always takes care of the infection promptly.

October 15, 2014 8:21 PM

Review by Chronic Sinusitis (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: I have had chronic sinusitis for the better part of 10 years now off and on. It really gets bad as spring changes over to summer as well as summer over to fall. I have taken several different antibiotics over the years and the sinusitis keeps coming back stronger the next year. So I just started the 7 day ZPak yesterday for the first time and just took the second days dosage. Much like most of the other reviews on this site, I am experiencing some minor diarrhea as well as flatulence. Which, in my opinion, can be a deadly combination for a new pair of white boxer briefs! I have not noticed any other side effect as of yet but again I am only on the second day. I will tell you that I am feeling much livelier right now and gained motivation

October 11, 2014 1:50 AM

Review by Jordan R:

For Otitis Media: Had inner ear infection. Felt like a ball pen hammer hitting my head on day 1. Broke fever before day 2 and felt awesome. Best medicine on earth.

October 5, 2014 2:57 PM

Review by Mikala Lomborgino:

For Bronchitis: Have used Z-pack before with much success. Usually feel better by day 3. But this time chills, aches and coughing seem to be coming back on day 4. Feel a little woozy and weak but the meds make me not mind. Still feel better than I did before I started taking it. This is also my 3rd occasion to take the Z-pack in the last 2 years so I hope I'm not building up a resistance to it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by Nasal Infection:

For Bronchitis: My doctor prescribed me Azithromycin for the first time. I was given 6 250mg tabs (2 on first day, 1 for 4 days) for my nasal infection. On day 5 I still have the sinus infection. I do not drink alcohol. Antibiotic did not work.

September 26, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by Apple n:

For Chlamydia Infection: I was diagnosed after my ex called me and said he was infected (lesson learned: condoms are necessary). I took 2 pills at 1000mg after I ate lunch (make sure to eat before you take them) and had diarrhea for a little while. Make sure you take them and don't have plans for the day, I ended up feeling nauseous, taking a nap definitely helped. But I feel the medicine definitely did it's job and now I just have to wait and see if I'm all cleared up.

September 24, 2014 3:00 AM

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Pharyngitis: I began taking Zithromax today for Pharyngitis, however, it made me feel sweated and nauseous for 45 minutes. I felt like that I want to lay down in the living room not in the kitchen, because I was nauseous and unwilling to relax myself instead. Yet, I got mucus. I was able to stay awake and focused at the all time anyway. At the end, nausea disappear and my stomach became empty and was more willing to stay seated.

August 31, 2014 10:03 PM

Review by Samm1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Lyme Disease, Erythema Chronicum Migrans: For Lyme symptoms (which vary over months) I've taken different antibiotics for more than a year. Most of that time I took a different medicine (Ceftin), then IV, then Doxycycline which was not quite strong enough to stop the last of my symptoms (spine pain and arthritis in my hands) so for 30 days I took BOTH the Doxy azithromycin. There was almost immediate improvement (100% in spine!) but not completely resolved in hands. Currently doing another 30 days of both antibiotics. Side effects: there are hot flashes, like night sweats, for about 5 minutes every hour, but that may be caused by Lyme. The only gut problems may be my fault for taking it on an empty stomach then starting the day with black coffee. (Yeah -- don't do that.)

August 30, 2014 8:50 PM