User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 1 reviews 34 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 64 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

4.5
Babesiosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 126 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pertussis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 65 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 211 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Azithromycin

Review by I was scared:

For Chlamydia Infection: I've taken one pill of 250mg so far and I've had the feeling of throwing up, as well as my boyfriend. I ate a bit before and after and still had that feeling. So far, it's been working due to no discharge and smell that I usually had. I also don't have cramps nor burning while urinating.

April 18, 2015 9:45 AM

Review by NC Resident (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Did great job of treating a sinus infection, where I had pounding headaches all day for 48 hours prior to use. By day 2, I was significantly better. One issue is that two pills on day 1 did wipe out bacteria in the gut. I wish pharmacist gave me a heads up. In hindsight, I would have spaced first 2 pills out by at least 12 hours. Took one pill at 4pm and another at 8pm. By day 2 was fine, but I did need a probiotic and immodium to get through the first night.

April 15, 2015 5:11 PM

Review by Nick10011 (taken for less than 1 month):

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: I was prescribed and took the Azithromycin pack (Z Pack) when I came down with an acute case of Bronchitis. It was the traditional 2 pills at the first dose, and then 1 pill each following day. I started to feel a noticeable improvement by day 3, and was nearly completely better 7-8 days later. The medicine definitely worked for me, however, the side effects were strongly unpleasant. I had severe stomach pains, along with diarrhea, even when I did take the pills with food. Since the pills work for 10 days, i had the side effects for that long too. Overall though, I happy I took the Z pack and it helped cure me quickly.

April 13, 2015 10:34 AM

Review by ...sadly:

For Chlamydia Infection: I had the infection twice. After taking I get really bad stomach pains. My advice... take with crackers and take right before you go to bed. This helps you deal with the pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2015 1:49 PM

Review by Harmony711:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I just finished my Azithromycin tablets. . Feeling 100% better. . No side effects....

March 28, 2015 8:44 AM

Review by Tallahassee girl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: I took 4-250mg during 1 meal. My doctor said that this dose was enough for me to clear the infection. I am 5'3, 170lbs. To avoid stomach pain, vomiting or nausea, she suggested that I take 2 bites of my meal, take a pill.....2 more bites, take a pill and so forth. It worked well!

March 25, 2015 9:10 PM

Review by Wellthatwasfun:

For Chlamydia Infection: Took this medication around 8:30pm on an empty stomach, as I was not advised otherwise. Big mistake. Had the worst stomach pains followed by extreme diarrhea that lasted until approx. 12:30am. Managed to fall asleep and am feeling much better! Just gotta tough it out!

March 24, 2015 6:03 AM

Review by tychal (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: No side effects at all, will test this week if it has cured me, furthermore I'm just fine.

March 24, 2015 4:10 AM

Review by Anon-kun:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took this before going to bed but wasn't able to sleep in time before the pain and diarrhea set in and rushed to the toilet a good 5 times now. The pain I'm experienceing is not the worst but this is the worst diarrhea I've ever had (good colon cleansing at least.) The best thing you can do is eat a lot before you take this and take a probiotic after you are finished with these symptoms and eat some natural yogurts as well. This medicine will kill both the bad and the good bacteria in you that helps with your digestion and the probiotics will replace the good ones. I believe the product worked cause there is no more burning and I'm waiting on the results from the last visit.

March 24, 2015 12:12 AM

Review by old man rn:

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: Sinusitis was so bad that my teeth even hurt. Now on day 2 of azithromycin, pain about 80% resolved. Absolutely no side effects. Have taken azithromycin in past for sinusitis and consistently note resolution prior to completion of 5 day pack.

March 21, 2015 1:51 PM

Review by 0012:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took this medicine about a hour ago, and Im having TERRIBLE stomach pain! And I feel very nauseated and like I'm fixing to vomit . Please someone help me? This is my first time being affected with this disease and I don't know what to do. I'm really scared and in so much pain! I took 1 500 mg.

March 21, 2015 12:10 AM

Review by Every nickname I want is taken:

For Chlamydia Infection: As prescribed, I took 4 250mg pills last night in a single dose. After reading the other reviews I was prepared to be immobile the rest of the night and maybe today, I always get the worst side effects. To my surprise, I had no intestinal side effects! I know it could be a delayed thing but its been almost 24 hours and I feel fine. My throat did get swollen, but that's because I'm allergic to most antibiotics...and it wasn't bad enough to have to go to the ER. Guess everyone is different.

March 14, 2015 5:01 PM

Review by Ralmoe12:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took 2 250mg total 500mg was that enough to clear it

March 12, 2015 7:39 PM

Review by Ezio (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I rarely take antibiotics. I got a serious strep throat and I knew I just HAD to go to a doctor. I started to feel markedly better within 2 hours of taking the first pill. Within the first 8 hours I think I was totally cured. Continued to take the whole course as prescribed though.

March 12, 2015 2:17 PM

Review by ajmanananaj (taken for less than 1 month):

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Took two at 10 pm and by noon the next day my throat was better by half. Could hardly swallow my own spit it was so painful. It was a drastic improvement.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2015 12:13 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Have had a sinus infection for 11 months... tried all types of antibiotics and they would help a little but right back to same stuff. Major congestion, Hard phlegm, trouble breathing, etc. Took azithromycin day 1 was able to breathe thru nose again. loosened up all mucus. Day 2 felt like a new person.

February 21, 2015 12:30 PM

Review by condoms (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: 7 months pregnant. Found out I had this and took 3 pills after a large dinner. I've been to the bathroom 3 times with diarrhea but no other side effect. I've read a lot about no harm to the baby.

February 18, 2015 9:59 PM

Review by Chloe14:

For Chlamydia Infection: About 20 min after taking 4x 250mg I got hot flashes, started sweating, nauseous and felt like I was going to pass out. Has lasted an hour so far and still going. Weird feeling.

February 12, 2015 8:15 PM

Review by Cyndi07:

For Otitis Media: Yes, it got rid of my ear infection after the generic was prescribed at a CVS Minute Clinic. HOWEVER (BIG however), I ended up getting strep. My GP said that the generic does not have as long a 1/2 life as the brand name. So, the 5-day dose (which is supposed to stay in your system for up to 10 days) does not last long enough. As a result, you can either end up with the original infection coming back, or make yourself susceptible to a second infection. So now I had to go on Cipro for 10 days to get rid of the strep! This is the kind of thing that produces super bugs--thank you, insurance cos., corner-cutting pharma cos. and especially the FDA for approving substandard generics!

February 11, 2015 4:05 PM

Review by Alcor (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: This stuff starts working on Day One. Within a couple hours of taking it, I already feel like the congestion has halted and just needs to clear up. Make sure to take the whole pack, but all three times I've ever had bronchitis sneak in during a cold, Zithromax knocks it right out. No side effects for me.

February 11, 2015 2:20 PM

Review by Winter Blues (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Woke on a Monday, with a cough & shortness of breath. Got worse through the week. Went to a Urgent Care & after being tested for the Flu, they agreed with me that I had Pneumonia. 3rd time I have had it in 15 years (I'm lucky like that). They gave me a shot & put me on 250 mg for 5 days. On day 4 still out of work, with coughing & shortness of breath. Meds, tore up my stomach & caused pain towards the right side. Eat some yogurt before taking, helps some. Either I worse then I thought or it's taken this med longer then I expected to get me back on my feet. Also caused caused some headaches. Good luck to others taking & hope it helps you to feel better.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2015 5:34 PM

Review by Tatz:

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Pharyngitis: My doctor always give this to me every time I got my pharnygitis, which normally attacks on winter times..

January 28, 2015 3:27 PM

Review by browbeaut (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: Just took the two pills today. I got the infection from a cheating ex. But 10 mins after taking the pills I was blind sided by the side effects. Stomach pain was the worst I've ever felt, hot flashes, the feeling of having to throw up, and nausea. I was able to get to sleep, but as soon as I got up I had a stool of watery diarrhea. The medication seems to have helped. No burning during urination now. Hopefully, everything is good and cleared.

January 27, 2015 3:17 PM

Review by vjjotshi:

For Pharyngitis: Had throat infection took 3 days pack, feeling great after fighting the same for over one and half month. Today is 4th day I am going to continue it for 3 more days.

January 26, 2015 9:15 PM

Review by LoveConquers (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: So I recently found out yesterday I had the infection after having a miscarriage

January 24, 2015 10:33 AM