User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 35 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 1 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 447 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was completely devastated when my results came back positive for chlamydia. I thought std's were gross, and something foreign that I learned from sex ed classes in middle school. I never imagined having unprotected sex 1 time (yes - one time!!!) would land me in my obgyn doctors office with chlamydia. I took 2 of the 500mg Azithromycin pills right away. About two hours later I was sitting on the toilet crying and holding my stomach. The abdominal pain is awful! I dryheaved, got a cold washcloth for my face, and rested in bed for the rest of the day. For two days later, I continued using the bathroom every time j ate something. I ate very lightly, stayed hydrated drinking water. I'm so glad this whole ordeal is behind me now! Wow."

30yroldFemaleFromSC (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: "Soooo, I get a call saying I need to get checked, and of course I'm all butt hurt because I've had like one fling in my whole life and of course it's the only guy I didn't use protection with. So I go in, I get tested. I get the results. It's chlyamidia. My doctor prescribes me the drink powder and honestly, taking the medicine was terrible because the powder doesn't desolve all the way so I had to keep refilling my glass. I gagged a lot so just be careful with it. I ate right after I took it and it took about 30 minutes for the stomach cramps to start in. They were pretty uncomfortable, but I didn't get diarrhea just the cramps. It's not great, but I mean. It's the price I pay. Just gonna sleep it off. And probably never have sex again."

BornAgainVirgin (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "2 hours after i took 4 of the pills my tummy started to cramp really bad & I had diarrhea ! Sat on the toilet & cried for about 10 Mins & it felt like I was about to puke "

The dumbest one May 24, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Got results, same day went and got the 4 tablets. Took them on an empty stomach but I ate straight after. Felt fine all day it's been a good 6 hours+. No side effects for me so far"

Guy202 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I was given the zpak 5day pack, Day 1 took two pills, 2 hours later i coyld not move due to SEVERE upper stomach pain that felt as if it would kill me, the pain was so bad it I couldn't even breathe because it felt like my stomach was getting ripped out from the inside. If you dont have heart problems already you will after taking this medication from all the clenching and being heeled over. I did not experience diarrhea after taking the day 1 dose. I could not fall asleep. Im suppose to take day 2 dose but I'm very weary of taking it after yesterdays episode I was in bed from 8 a.m to 2 a.m dont know if taking only one pill today would be different from the 2 pill dose."

sessa (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "So far after only a few hours I have only experienced mild diarrhea sucks being stuck on the toilet but other then that nothing to serious so far"

Flo1234 May 18, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took the medication around 10:30 am, four 500mg pills with 8oz of water. I ate shortly after then fell asleep. I just woke up at 12:30 and I have diarrhea. Like full fledged. This is not fun at all because I have class soon and I don't know if I'm going to make it. :( lesson learned. No more sex."

Female 73 May 17, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Okay so I took 4 tablets of azithromycin this morning after I threw up(I'm 9weeks pregnant) my fiancé had gave me Chlamydia he had it for awhile and it's a blessing it didn't make him sterile. Anyway, I took 4 tablets are 2spoons of peanut butter with it and for about 2 hours straight I had horrible stomach cramps, I then threw up and thought I threw the azithromycin up, but I called the nurse and she said that she thinks I'm okay, because it's been in me for 2hours, a little bit after I called I started experiencing diarrhea. I think that's a sign of it working. I'm gonna try to eat something before I get sick again, hopefully all this pain will go away soon!"

Lillybean May 17, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Was prescribed this medication for a case of strep throat because I'm allergic to amoxicillin. Took two pills, as directed, at noon with my lunch. Within two hours I was on the toilet with the runs. I don't feel sick. Will take one more a day for the next four so hopefully I don't have to run to the bathroom every afternoon!"

Streppy May 16, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I went to the ER this morning because I had a bad cough with chest pains. I was told I had bronchitis and was given two pills at the hospital. It's been about 1 hour and a half and my stomach is cramping horribly with severe diarrhea. I will NOT be taking the remainder if this medicine. Honey and lemon for me."

Jenny1977 May 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took the one time drinkable and it was horrid. I took it and it tasted terrible I chased it down with water and within an hour i was puking and had diarrhea at the same time, but it was cured."

Drinkable. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Was treated with this drug due to chlamydia symptoms being present. Tests came back negative for chlamydia, however treatment did cure symptoms of cervicitis. This non sexually transmitted infection has almost identical symptoms to chlamydia. I was glad I took the medication when it was offered, as the symptoms where quite uncomfortable. Since taking the medication have felt 100% better, however side effects of terrible diarrhea and feeling sick started around 1 hour after taking the medicine. I recommend taking the medication and staying at home for the rest of the day."

cured! May 13, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Had to stop taking because of SEVERE stomach pain and cramping. I would double over in pain and could't find relief doing anything, just had to suffer through it. Took me about 3 to 4 weeks to get back to normal. DO NOT recommend :("

rbh11 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I barely found out I got it which felt like my world came crashing down on me I was prescribed the 4 pills at once. Barely took them so lets see how it goes!!!! Feel really nauseous and have a headache no diarrhea (yet)"

Good luck (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took the drinkable, one time dosage of this, and chased it down with water. I starting feeling a bit sick and weak an hour later, with cramps and the urge to throw up. I read if you threw it up, you'd have to go back to the doctors which I did not want. Next day still feeling crampy and a bit weak, not sure if it's from my period or the medication but I'm hoping it works ! Way better than taking pills everyday"

V2016 (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 4 tablets in one go yesterday, and literally had zero side effects what so ever. If people are reading this scared to take this medicine, you've got to realise people are more inclined to write reviews about a negative experience with a product than a positive one. I was abit anxious about taking it but genuinely there's less side effects than the reviews on this website reflect. I would advise to eat a lot before and after taking this medication to help the absorption process. That's probably why a lot of people have had abdominal pain."

Stevenl1994 May 4, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I was diagnosed with strep & prescribed Amoxicillin 2x/day for 10 days. I thought it worked at first, then 3 days later it came back with a vengeance. So, I was then prescribed the Z-pack (2/day 1 then 1/day for 4 days) I have 1 more pill to take till I'm finished. But, I'm not sure it is working either. The sore throat is gone but I have a relentless cough & a ton of chest congestion. I have had mild side effects...nausea, tender stomach, not a big appetite. Still feeling really foggy & weak. I do recommend drinking either Boost or Ensure nutritional drinks while on antibiotics & taking a probiotic."

Krickspears April 29, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "A LOT of trouble with stomach issues; diarrhea, stomach pains & MAJOR STOMACH DISCOMFORT !!!!"

Doritz April 29, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Found out I have chlamydia this morning, doctor prescribed 2 pills 500 MG. I ate chicken soup and now two hours later I'm sitting on the toilet with the worst abdominal cramps ever and diarrhea. I hope it works!!"

Kat200 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I had to stop this drug early because it gave me such bad stomach pain. I'm allergic to Penicillin, so this was the next choice for my sinus/ear infection. Even tried with a full meal and probiotics, but it took my stomach a full month to return to normal after stopping azithromycin, will not be taking again."

Bre01 April 29, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Found out at my 6 month checkup that I had chlamydia, asked for the 4-pills at once deal. This is my first and ONLY time I will ever contract this again so I was very eager to get this over with. I was prescribed 4 pills of 250mg azithromycin, took them around 2:00pm and around 5:00pm I started experiencing diarrhea to the max. Haven't gotten off the toilet since and it's not 6:30pm, but I'm confident it will go away and just thankful I no longer have chlamydia"

CondomsForTheRestOfMyLife (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took it before I got on a flight... Diahrreaing on the plane as I type this"

Anonymous April 23, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I get bronchitis very easily during high pollen seasons. It starts with normal to me allergy and asthma symptoms. I go to sleep and wake up--BOOM! I have bronchitis. This happened last Friday. When I woke up about 10:00 I was running a fever and coughing terribly. Fever went up to 105.2. It scared me. Over the weekend I fought the fever the best I could. I was in Dr.s office by 8:00 on Monday. I haven't seen a big improvement in anything except my fever is gone. I'm on day 3 of z pack and prednisone. Still coughing outrageously. Now it feels like I have a head cold also. I sneezed about a hundred times last night. I will see how I feel on last day of z pack but so far it hasn't done what I had hoped it would."

DebbieintheDraft (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Just the other day, my doctor informed me that I had chlamydia. I got the azithromycin 500mg that was prescribed to me. It was such an easy process. I really like how I only had to take the pill once instead of every few hours. I DID pick up diarrhea, but I think it's just your body trying to flush everything out. I recommend it."

One chance in hell (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I ate right before as instructed but still got sick. I eat 5-6 small meals a day and everything went through me (diarrhea) for 1.5-2days. I also experienced nausea and fatigue. Eat and drink lots of fluids, especially water. Diet ginger ale really helped to settle my stomach. I also recommend taking a probiotic or eating dairy products to reintroduce good bacteria since the antibiotic will kill the good bacteria in your gut."

Maui46 April 20, 2016