User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 1 reviews 35 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 62 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

4.5
Babesiosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 126 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pertussis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 60 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 250 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I was prescribed azithromycin for tonsilitis/phyrangitis. On day 4 with the z-pak and still can't eat can't even swallow my own saliva without being afraid it will hurt. This medication is completely useless my swelling hasn't gone down and the pus pockets are now on the right side of my throat. I am in so much pain haven't eaten for 4 days"

apsa (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took two regimens of doxy before finally getting this. Doc said it would give me nausea and diarrhea, but I ignored him. Thankfully he prescribed nausea meds. This is day 3 and I still feel nausea and have the runs after every meal. The itching is finally going away though"

Boys suck (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I had been coughing for 2 weeks straight really badly. I called my doctor to get a check up and she prescribed me the 5 day dosage. 2 the first day and then 1 for the next 4. By the 5th day my cough was still there and I had gotten the runs. This medicine was a waste of my time"

Kebbie (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I've only taken one azithromycin tablet & and that was about 5hrs ago. If I take the other now will it still be as effective? Damn it..didn't get any instructions."

sparzen (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "First time taking the medicine. Two pills 500mg. I took the pills while cooking and ate immediately after. I laid down for a nap and fell asleep. I woke up with a strong sensation to throw up. I had to fight it for awhile because I was afraid if I threw up the medicine wouldn't work. Severe stomach pain as well. No other symptoms from my experience."

leesabee222 June 27, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "re: side effects, I forgot to add to the comments I just submitted that while my stomach felt a little weird the morning after my first dose (this being 12 hours later) I was prepared to eat plenty of probiotics, which I have been doing. I have not had any problems; I am really pushing the yogurt and kefir. I did feel extraordinarily tired but not debilitated, and I was extremely fatigued from nearly 5 weeks of being sick, so the trade-off is meaningless, and it's improved after the first mega-dose anyway."

tiggerflute (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I haven't taken an antibiotic for several years because I haven't had a bacterial infection. Over a month ago I came down with a virus but in retrospect it soon evolved into a secondary sinus infection. I respect the avoidance of antibiotics unless symptoms clearly point to bacterial infections, and I was not running a fever, and what my sinus produced did not look foul enough. However, when this didn't abate after close to 5 weeks, even my internist agreed it might be a rare low-grade bacterial infection and gave the green light to try an antibiotic. I started it the day before yesterday and by last night it was the first time in 4 1/2 weeks I got relief from the non-stop post-nasal glob driving me crazy. It couldn't have been more dramatic."

tiggerflute (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I was prescribed Azithromycin after feeling fatigued and under the weather for a few days then coming down with a fever, chills, body aches, loss of taste, deep chest congestion and sinus congestion. My doctor said it was bronchitis and perhaps an initial onset into bronchial pneumonia. On the 5-day treatment, and started feeling noticeably better on day 2. On day 3 now and although still getting better, the lung congestion is so deep that it's hard to get rid of the mucus. A MUST on this drug is taking a LOT of probiotics! The medication kills off all of your GUT GERMS, good and bad making many people's stomach's ache so make sure to eat a lot of YOGURT and even better KEFIR everyday. The doctor's leave that out when prescribing."

SantaMonicaGuy (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed azrithromycin by my Dr for sinusitis. I have suffered from year-long allergies since I was a kid & this year has definitely been a bad one for me. I was a little worried about taking this medication because I read that some people got bad stomach upset with it. Luckily enough, the worst thing that happened to me was minor lower abdominal cramps, no worse than menstrual cramps. By the time I woke up the next day I was able to breathe clear for the first time literally in months. I did not feel congested, although I did have a very minor sore throat that I believe was caused by my sinuses finally draining. I definitely recommend taking this drug with food --it helps avoid stomach upset or cramps. Otherwise this helped me"

Kelsey G. June 19, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Second time having it. Shame on me. The first time I experienced taking 2 500mg tablets I had no symptoms and was fine, I'd eaten before hand and ate straight after and managed to keep myself hydrated. This time round, same dosage, but I felt a little spaced out, had tummy gripes which passed after having a proper meal and a big glass of water, but I found for the entire day I'd get random shivers and my stomach would feel a bit bubbly. Also felt a slight bit of dizziness but nothing I couldn't manage."

UKbrmng June 17, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Was given the five day pack for strep throat. Day four and finally improving a bit. Probably not the strongest or beat for strep, but slowly does the job and works for five days after completing meds."

Sherwoodfam June 14, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Today I was diagnosed w. Chlamydia, I've had it over 9 months. The clinic gave me two 500mg tablets. 20 minutes after consumption, my stomach began to ache and I was nauceous. It may be because I didn't eat anything before. I drank some water and ate a bag of chips. An hour passed and my stomach was still upset so I ate a Reese cup milkshake & chicken nuggets from McDonalds. ( obviously not the best ) the pain and nausea subsided a bit afterwards. After that I took a short 35 minute nap, when I got up I felt dizzy and my stomach started to bubble lol. Now I'm at work & its 90 degrees here in las Vegas. Its best to take at night when you can lay down and be close to a toilet."

TreenaGonzalez (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I am 17 and pregnant only have had one sexual partner, today I got a phone call that I was positive for this STD. I took the medication (2 of them) and had severe stomach cramps and nausea it lasted about 2 hours but then went away!"

what have I done June 4, 2015

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "Never have taken the generic brand before the pharmacy took it upon themselves to switch it ( Rite Aid) I have to say I'm on day 3 of 5 and it's not working.With original the 3 day Pak I started feeling better that night now got to call the doc back and have it represcribed somewhere else and tell them to do not do generic!!!"

Generic sucks June 3, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I have just taken Day 5 dose for a worse than usual respiratory infection. Being asthmatic I need to get a jump on these things and Z Pack works well and the one pill a day makes it convenient. Abdominal cramps and diahrea are a side effect I get with all antibiotics, and I have found eating yogurt helps. The antibiotic will kill the good bacteria in your colon as well as the bad infection and it has to bereplaced."

Broncky Al (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "This is my second time having the infection, so as soon as it came I knew what it was. Unfortunately, I have a $75 gynecologist co-pay, plus whatever extra bill that they end up sending afterwards. I bought my azithromycin online--no rx-- for $16 for 6 500 mg pills. I ate first, then I took 2 500mg pills at once before bed. The nausea came within 30 min and I spent about 3 hours fighting my body from throwing up. I experienced hot flashes too (I didn't have that last time). I fell asleep and in the morning the nausea was gone. Discharge and odor are gone."

Always use condoms please (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I am on day 4 of the 5 day treatment and I the only thing that is happening is that I'm getting more sick by the day. I went back to the Dr. on day 3 and said that it was getting worse (can barely swallow my own saliva) and he said that it takes the full 5 days, maybe even 6, to work. This is definitely NOT the antibiotic for me. Just wanted to share in case someone else is getting this run-around. I have to get some different antibiotics because apparently I am 100% immune to this kind."

JennPage88 May 22, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Me and my boyfriend took these pills together yesterday afternoon around 5:45. I didn't eat for an hour or two before I took them but I thought I'd be ok because I ate that day. I had stomach cramps and nausea and dizziness but so far thats it. And my boyfriend so far has seemed just fine. But it eventually subsided and we went down to his property and target practiced. Today I'm having a little bit of weirdness and distortion to my vision as though I've been staring at a computer screen too long. I believe insurance covers it but I don't have insurance."

ka96 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I took Zithromax for 5 days 250 mg. Knocked out a horrible case of coughing and bronchitis by the time I was done, but have been experiencing diarrhea since I've been off it for the past week. I hope this ceases soon. I did not have the diarrhea while taking it, but I was also taking a cough syrup with codeine and as I understand it, codeine causes constipation of sorts, so maybe that's why the diarrhea started after I stopped taking the cough syrup. No horrible coughing anymore or chest distress... just lower tract for now."

OhRob May 21, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I've gotten this twice , and should know better and wrap it up! But sometimes it just don't happen. The first time I got it , I let it go for too long and was given the long drawn out script, no Bueno! It did take care of it then and was glad. Now this time I knew right away what the it was so set up an appointment for planned parenthood for the following day. Went in told the doctor ( whom I had seen previously ) the signs and symptoms , so she didn't have to check out Mr. Wang thank god. But she gave me the four pill dose and suggested I eat a little first and half way through take the meds and finish eating. I did that and had a wee bit of a upset stomach, but nothing severe and no diarrhea really. So all and all thank you azyth!!"

Don't make it chlap! (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took 4 500mg at one but I was feel alright before I took a bath then about 20min after that my stomach start it hurting bad and I had to go the bathroom, I had diarrhea and I felt light headed and than I start throw up but after about 10min of that I'm fine now."

BigBaby15 May 7, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "After tolerating an increasingly lumpy, sore, raw, dry throat and overall fatigue for about 10 days I finally went to the doctor. Z-pac and prednisone reduced the symptoms dramatically in 2 days. I didn't realize just how badly I felt. Taken exactly as prescribed this was certainly the right treatment. It's working."

Borris60 May 3, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Question for everyone as well. I was prescribed 4 250 pills, took them all at once after dinner. It's been 5 days and still have burning sensation while urinating. How long does it normally take for the symptoms of the std to pass? I didn't have any side effects of the Medication to be honest. Just curious when this craps going to end. My test of cure is set for 8 weeks from now. Brutal.."

Janitorial Duties (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I want to point out that I'm 20 5'4 and 125lbs so effects will likely vary. I waited till bedtime to take the (2) 500mg pills because of the listed side effects. Immediately after I felt dizziness and a tad queasy. I slept way longer than usual so I assume the medicine was doing its job. Typically I'm up by 6:30-7, but I didn't get up till almost 10. I had diarrhea that morning...The sluggish, drowsy feeling lasted the entire day along with a slight headache. I felt an awful pain in my abdomen on my way to class too but that went away after about an hr. thats pretty much it my partner took the same medicine that had been prescribed by his doc. and didn't experience any of this. Im just super glad that it's treatable."

I had CHLAMYDIA! (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "I had the most horrible case of a bronchial infection. I was sick for almost a week. I went to the doctor, I was prescribed a 250mg Z-pack. I began to feel better on the second day, which is where I am now. I am beginning to cough up some phlegm that was making my chest feels so very tight.so far I am not experiencing any side effects. I do take it during a midday snack. I have rated it a 10 so far based on my personal experience. I just hope it clears this completely up."

Amberlee M (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015