User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 1 reviews 35 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 64 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

4.5
Babesiosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 40 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 126 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pertussis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 65 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 234 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I am on day 4 of the 5 day treatment and I the only thing that is happening is that I'm getting more sick by the day. I went back to the Dr. on day 3 and said that it was getting worse (can barely swallow my own saliva) and he said that it takes the full 5 days, maybe even 6, to work. This is definitely NOT the antibiotic for me. Just wanted to share in case someone else is getting this run-around. I have to get some different antibiotics because apparently I am 100% immune to this kind."

JennPage88 May 22, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Me and my boyfriend took these pills together yesterday afternoon around 5:45. I didn't eat for an hour or two before I took them but I thought I'd be ok because I ate that day. I had stomach cramps and nausea and dizziness but so far thats it. And my boyfriend so far has seemed just fine. But it eventually subsided and we went down to his property and target practiced. Today I'm having a little bit of weirdness and distortion to my vision as though I've been staring at a computer screen too long. I believe insurance covers it but I don't have insurance."

ka96 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I took Zithromax for 5 days 250 mg. Knocked out a horrible case of coughing and bronchitis by the time I was done, but have been experiencing diarrhea since I've been off it for the past week. I hope this ceases soon. I did not have the diarrhea while taking it, but I was also taking a cough syrup with codeine and as I understand it, codeine causes constipation of sorts, so maybe that's why the diarrhea started after I stopped taking the cough syrup. No horrible coughing anymore or chest distress... just lower tract for now."

OhRob May 21, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I've gotten this twice , and should know better and wrap it up! But sometimes it just don't happen. The first time I got it , I let it go for too long and was given the long drawn out script, no Bueno! It did take care of it then and was glad. Now this time I knew right away what the it was so set up an appointment for planned parenthood for the following day. Went in told the doctor ( whom I had seen previously ) the signs and symptoms , so she didn't have to check out Mr. Wang thank god. But she gave me the four pill dose and suggested I eat a little first and half way through take the meds and finish eating. I did that and had a wee bit of a upset stomach, but nothing severe and no diarrhea really. So all and all thank you azyth!!"

Don't make it chlap! (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took 4 500mg at one but I was feel alright before I took a bath then about 20min after that my stomach start it hurting bad and I had to go the bathroom, I had diarrhea and I felt light headed and than I start throw up but after about 10min of that I'm fine now."

BigBaby15 May 7, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "After tolerating an increasingly lumpy, sore, raw, dry throat and overall fatigue for about 10 days I finally went to the doctor. Z-pac and prednisone reduced the symptoms dramatically in 2 days. I didn't realize just how badly I felt. Taken exactly as prescribed this was certainly the right treatment. It's working."

Borris60 May 3, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Question for everyone as well. I was prescribed 4 250 pills, took them all at once after dinner. It's been 5 days and still have burning sensation while urinating. How long does it normally take for the symptoms of the std to pass? I didn't have any side effects of the Medication to be honest. Just curious when this craps going to end. My test of cure is set for 8 weeks from now. Brutal.."

Janitorial Duties (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I want to point out that I'm 20 5'4 and 125lbs so effects will likely vary. I waited till bedtime to take the (2) 500mg pills because of the listed side effects. Immediately after I felt dizziness and a tad queasy. I slept way longer than usual so I assume the medicine was doing its job. Typically I'm up by 6:30-7, but I didn't get up till almost 10. I had diarrhea that morning...The sluggish, drowsy feeling lasted the entire day along with a slight headache. I felt an awful pain in my abdomen on my way to class too but that went away after about an hr. thats pretty much it my partner took the same medicine that had been prescribed by his doc. and didn't experience any of this. Im just super glad that it's treatable."

I had CHLAMYDIA! (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "I had the most horrible case of a bronchial infection. I was sick for almost a week. I went to the doctor, I was prescribed a 250mg Z-pack. I began to feel better on the second day, which is where I am now. I am beginning to cough up some phlegm that was making my chest feels so very tight.so far I am not experiencing any side effects. I do take it during a midday snack. I have rated it a 10 so far based on my personal experience. I just hope it clears this completely up."

Amberlee M (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I have had this twice now, the medication I've been on was two 500mg tablets, and have not noticed any bad effects from it. First time I was told would be clear after 48hrs second time I was advised a week(different doctors). The key is not to be scared, its a simple thing, treat it and tell those you've been with , doing so could save someone from becoming infertile. Male aged 24yrs"

struck twice April 29, 2015

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "I went to the ER after I coughed up blood a few times thru the day, and I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis. I was prescribed the zpack 5 day regimen. After a couple of days I began feeling a little better, but by the 5th or 6th day, I felt worse. I had severe nausea and became anorexic to the point that I lost 14 pounds. It took about another 4-5 days until I could eat more than a bite or so of food at any sitting. It's been around a month and a half since this happened, and I'm still having issues with my appetite and weight. I'm still down the 14 lbs, and my energy flags easily. I'll never EVER take that med again due to such an experience. I've had fine success with other antibiotics, without them being this hard on my gut."

Piggaboo (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Very good medication. My Dr told me that it is a very strong antibiotic my throat cleared in 4 days . Thank goodness!"

Siocal (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I just took it roughly an hour or 2 ago, and the only side effect I'm noticing is my stomach hurts."

Skipper1236786686 April 23, 2015

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: "I love this stuff! I am a smoker so am prone to getting bronchitis more. Getting sick stinks but when i get bronchitis which is almost every year i get this med and by the 2nd or 3rd day am feeling much better and by day 4 I don't really feel like am sick anymore but you need to finish the meds! That is the must. A have also been told that it might not work the first time around so you need to take a 2nd round of the meds. I call it the miracle drug!"

TJ2015 April 22, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took 2 500 mg pills of this medication around 10pm. Soon after I had very bad stomach pains. Slight nausea, felt very ill. Was super sluggish, and a weird headache. Couldn't get to sleep until about 430am. Then I woke up with a swollen, sore throat that lasted pretty much all day, feeling similar to Strep. Stomach pains & nausea were gone though. Vaginal discharge & smell have pretty much subsided, so I would think it's working. Guess you just have to rough the side effects."

ShabShanlea (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I've taken one pill of 250mg so far and I've had the feeling of throwing up, as well as my boyfriend. I ate a bit before and after and still had that feeling. So far, it's been working due to no discharge and smell that I usually had. I also don't have cramps nor burning while urinating."

I was scared April 18, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Did great job of treating a sinus infection, where I had pounding headaches all day for 48 hours prior to use. By day 2, I was significantly better. One issue is that two pills on day 1 did wipe out bacteria in the gut. I wish pharmacist gave me a heads up. In hindsight, I would have spaced first 2 pills out by at least 12 hours. Took one pill at 4pm and another at 8pm. By day 2 was fine, but I did need a probiotic and immodium to get through the first night."

NC Resident (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "I was prescribed and took the Azithromycin pack (Z Pack) when I came down with an acute case of Bronchitis. It was the traditional 2 pills at the first dose, and then 1 pill each following day. I started to feel a noticeable improvement by day 3, and was nearly completely better 7-8 days later. The medicine definitely worked for me, however, the side effects were strongly unpleasant. I had severe stomach pains, along with diarrhea, even when I did take the pills with food. Since the pills work for 10 days, i had the side effects for that long too. Overall though, I happy I took the Z pack and it helped cure me quickly."

Nick10011 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "After going about a year with symptoms I decided to get tested. I was diagnosed with chlmydia. I had a sense of relief knowing it was something easily treatable but worried because I read that if it's not treated it can prevent fertility (I guess I will find out when I try and get pregnant. I am only 20, and kids are no where near my future.) I took two 500 mg tablets of azithromycin after eating (you can take it with or without food). I began having hot flashes and stomach pain within 30 min. It was nothing too serious. A few min later the stomach pain got worse. I knew it was time to hit the restroom. I had diarrhea, it went down pretty easy. I feel a lot better now, just a bit dizzy. I recommend taking it at the comfort of your home."

yesi01 April 8, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I got a sinus infection for the first time in my life and when it didn't go away I was given Augmentin - it barely helped. Went back to the ENT and he gave me cephalexin. Not much improvement. Then he gave me Cipro. I gave up. My quality of life was so much lower. I couldn't smell. I had to sleep elevated. I never imagined how bad a sinus infection was, especially chronic. Then a dentist gave me a Z pack on recommendation of a friend. Within days I was a new woman. I could smell! I could breath. I was so grateful."

Berynice (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "After 2 days of this antibiotic, I felt no difference. I went to another Doctor who game me betadine liquid to gargle. Next day my sore throat improved little. But after 4 days of azithromycin and 2 days of betadine gargle, I feel good but still unable to swallow food/drink except milk. Hope it gets better in another couple of days."

KrishnaINDIA April 5, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Had Strep Throat, couldn't get to see Dr for 7 days, extreme pain, fever, chills, couldn't eat or swallow. Dr prescribed Zithromax 500mg (1 tab for 3 days). After 1st day noticed significant difference, 2nd day, almost gone completely!! I was feeling so hopeless before taking this med, like it would go on forever. Zithromax knocked it out so quickly!! Feeling better and back to work/ normal life."

Culater06 April 5, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I had the infection twice. After taking I get really bad stomach pains. My advice... take with crackers and take right before you go to bed. This helps you deal with the pain."

...sadly April 2, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I just finished my Azithromycin tablets. . Feeling 100% better. . No side effects...."

Harmony711 March 28, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took 4-250mg during 1 meal. My doctor said that this dose was enough for me to clear the infection. I am 5'3, 170lbs. To avoid stomach pain, vomiting or nausea, she suggested that I take 2 bites of my meal, take a pill.....2 more bites, take a pill and so forth. It worked well!"

Tallahassee girl (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015