User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 33 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 16 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 1 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 370 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Azithromycin

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Pneumonia: "Pneumonia Finished Zpack today Still don't feel any better Cipro also did not work What next? Its been 6 weeks now"

Rainyday superstar (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Found out I contracted chlamydia from my boyfriend, who has never been checked in his life, after we broke up. took the 2 pills with a big meal and felt a bit nauseas and dizzy. It's now day 3 and I'm experiencing sore muscles and chest pains. Wrap it up! lol"

az6678 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Second time having chlamydia. First time I took 2 pink pills and was fine. This time, I'm sitting on the tiolet as we speak. I can't get off the toilet. Having visual disturbances, sharp stomach pains but felt immediate relief. Glad I didn't have to work today."

Ughhh (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Alright so look. He GAVE me Chlaymdia. Here I am at home when I get a call from my doctor that I have Chlaymdia. I take these two treatment pills, I'm fine. A hour later MY STOMACH IS ON FIRE! I'm in so much pain at the moment, I decided to write this in order to distract myself from the pain. Moral of this. USE A CONDOM!"

I got played. (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Found out my boyfriend contracted clyamdia and knew I had to get checked. 21 years old going into my first gyno test terrified. They called me 5 days later stating I had clyamdia. They prescribed 4 tablets. Took all four with food. Felt good for an hour with no side effects. Then felt nauseous. Took a shower to cool down then having MAJOR runs, it was very liquidy. Knew that it must be working. Going to my check up soon. Hopefully don't ever have to take it again. Side note don't take tablets before school or work. I was lucky to have took them in my home in privacy. Also don't have unprotected sex unless you know his sex history.."

Reagan9444 February 4, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I'm scared to swallow pills. But I just found out a week ago that I had it. I was prescribed 4 tablets of 250g Azithromycin And I Only took 3. Will That Still Cure It?"

Anonymous123497 February 3, 2016

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "It worked however on the fifth day of taking it i had an Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT). Later found out there was a study out that confirmed hearth Rythym issues."

Anonymous February 2, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Found out I had chlamydia from after 10 months of being with my boyfriend. Got the 4 pills or Azithromycin and threw up after about 2 hours. Couldn't hold it in. Violently threw up about twice. Have to go back and get new pills."

Hi123 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Extreme diarrhea first and second day Just getting started for 7 days"

punpkin (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "Was told by a doctor who specialized in respiratory infections, because his main patients were miners, that I would suffer with chronic sinus infections the rest of my life and that a z-pak would work but to really wipe it out, I should use ceftin. So if z-pak does not work for anyone try the ceftin. I get z-pak normally because I can tolerate the azithromycin. A little stomach upset on the day after all meds are taken (6th day), but other than that, good results...usually takes 48 hours for me to feel better since I am older and have a weakened immune system, but on that third day, much much better."

Lucille 60 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "My partner and I both contracted chlamydia and have taken 2 pills at the same time (prescribed by the doctor) I found 3 hours after having mine I felt intently sick and had an urgent need for the bath room for the runs. Feeling fine now a day later symptoms have passed feeling positive that is will work."

:) January 30, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Well today I finally decide to take the 4 red pills . I felt hot and out of breath like a hour later , I tried walking outside because it's cold out there . I threw up all my breakfast & water . So I started feeling hotter and dizzy . So I ran to the bathroom feeling like I had to make a bowel movement , but I didn't . I'm constantly throwing up. Now I come turn my fan on and laying in front of it to cool down but my body temperature constantly going from cold to hot . Now here comes the stomach pains feeling like contractions . It felt as though I was in labor . I was crying like a baby and holding my stomach so tight . Now it 7 o'clock I'm still having a little sharp pain but I can deal with it . Hopefully it works . The worst pain"

Kiyah January 28, 2016

For STD Prophylaxis: "Made strep throat worse and continued for duration of time taking medication. Cured sti's"

Most painful antibiotic ever January 27, 2016

For Bronchitis: "If you take probiotics a couple of times daily between the azithromycin dose, I don't have any digestive issues, stomach ache, diarrhea, etc. Takes a couple days to start kicking in."

lalalan January 25, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I'm 43 with a life long history of bronchitis. When I get sick, I often find myself coughing until I vomit. I have been prescribed the "Z Pack" several times. I have found that, while it does ultimately take care of the bronchitis, it takes at least 7-8 days from the time I start the medicine until I begin to feel relief. In fact, during this current episode, my symptoms continued to worsen until today, which is the day I took the last pill. I don't yet feel any better, but today I am not getting any worse. This is consistent with each of the other times I have been prescribed this medication. I typically don't have major stomach issues while taking the medicine, but on occasion have had issues the first and second day."

Sick, Coughing Robyn January 24, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I had vomitting, dizziness, turned blue and just got worse. Awful drug."

Ickysicky (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Was mortified when I found out I had chlamydia day before yesterday. Doc gave me 4 of these tablets told me to take one hour before food, took all 4 waited an hour then started to eat my tea, started to feel nauseous but managed to hold it down. About another hour later had to run to the toilet and had violent diarrhea once. Apart from feeling very drowsy and odd I slept through the night and woke up feeling back to normal. Hopefully they have worked! Never again!"

H83829287 January 20, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "This is my first and LAST time having chlamydia! Apparently I've had it for about 7 months with no signs except the urgency to use the restroom. Something told me to go get checked out so I did a couple days ago with the confidence of knowing that it was probably a yeast infection....nope, my doctor called 2 days later and told me I had contracted CHLAMYDIA ! I couldn't believe it, I took the pills my doctor prescribed me two 500 mg pills. I took them at 1230 pm, I had to go to work at 2 pm and ended up leaving at 6 pm because my stomach was hurting soo bad. I couldn't even put on my jacket when leaving work because my stomach was bubbling so intensely. I ran to the toilet so fast & have been twice afterwards. NO SEX FOR ME TILL I'M MARRIED"

Jas1113 January 20, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I have had experience with IBS symptoms in the past.. Thinking the diarrhea I was experiencing with this medicine was from that. But now I'm thinking its the medicine. Cured my bronchitis but the immense pain I had in my stomach and burning of loose stool was not worth it. Happened the first day and the last day of the 5 day regimen. So glad it's over, just hope the loose stool is over too. I will never take this antibiotic again unless my life depends on it."

Shelly1a2d3c (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

For Pneumonia: "Had a 3 week sinus infection and flu before developing atypical pneumonia. Was prescribed azithromycin 500mg 1st day and 250mg for the next 4 days. Also RX'd cough syrup that had codeine in it and an inhaler. It's last day of the antibiotics and I'm feeling a lot better. The heaviness in my chest is still there and my shortness of breath is still hanging around but I can finally breathe without coughing. My doctor wants to see me again in a few days if the shortness of breath doesn't get significantly better. I also have very minor asthma though so I'm thinking that's just what's gotten worse. Definitely recommend azithromycin for pneumonia!"

YogiBearTheGSDsMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I took 2 first dose of pills for severe bronchitis and then fell asleep. I awoke with diarrhea, then washed clothes, fell back asleep and had another bout with diarrhea and had to wash clothes again. I never had something like this happen to me before! Very scary to say the least- I am only 59 so still in good physical shape. Just glad I did not ruin my memory foam mattress! Now am 24 hours later and afraid to take next dose- only one pill but am going to be awake for a long while.... Seems to have helped for bronchitis."

Debsmi January 14, 2016

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: "Got rid of my very bad case of bronchitis in 4 days. I was given a 5 day treatment plan. So I took all the antibiotic pills My Dr also gave me just 1 anti fungal pill because I get Thrush in my mouth and/or a yeast infection. I took that on the 3rd dad of the antibiotic pills. And it worked!"

Crufflergal (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Was prescribed 500mg for 3 days for acute bronchitis and got worse on day 4 to the point of needing to go to the hospital. Deepened cough, unable to breathe and severe stomach cramps. This drug is useless and only promotes worse super bugs and antibiotic resistant strains."

Headed to the hospital. (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "A few days ago I was experiencing an awful burning sensation and it got so bad that I could even stand up. I was diagnosed with Chalmydia yesterday. My doctor prescribed me two azithromycin 500s, I took them last night around 9:00 and I haven't had any side effects. However, it hasn't helped any of my symptoms. I'm not too upset about that though because I only took it about 12 hours ago. I'm just praying it will kick in soon so I can finally pee without feeling like I'm on fire. My best advice is to practice safe sex, or if possible, just don't do it."

Karleedra January 9, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "My first 2 uses of this drug I had no side effects. 3rd time I had moderate nausea. Pharmacist said eat yogurt. Each time within 2 days tingling in sinuses as I felt them open up, and cured by end of pills. Also symptoms of lime disease in hips was cured, puzzled my doc. Just began new round! Advise to help nausea: Keep stomach full. Graze all day, like a cow! Oatmeal with banana, whole wheat toast with avocado, peanut butter sandwich. Something every 2 hours. Big dinner with lots of vegetables. And I eat 2 containers of tasty yogurt 2 or 3 times a day. I had light nausea 1st day that lasted maybe 1 hour."

netmouse January 9, 2016