User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 1 reviews 33 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 62 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

4.5
Babesiosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 101 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pertussis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 59 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 266 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Chlamydia Infection: "Today I recieved results from an STD test that was given to me by my OBGYN, unfortunately the results came back positive for Chlamydia. I've only had sex with one person so I was pretty devastated but luckily I was prescribed 2 Azithromycin 500mg tablets. The side effects are pretty strange considering that you may get dizzy, become weak, it may interfere with your vision, and it may or may not cause mild stomach pain. My best advice to you is to drink tons of water and do not take the medication on an empty stomach and it may be best to take the medicine when you're some place comfortable. Personally, all of the side effects are worth it because in the end you'll be free of an STD. Good luck! (No more unprotected sex for me!)"

Kylie! August 12, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I got tested for STDs just as a routine test and it got back positive for chlamydia. My boyfriend and I were just shocked, we don't know which one got it before we got together. Doctor was very clear about the possibility of the bacterium to be silent for month but not clear about the side effects of this medication!I took 4 tablets of 250 mg and after 2 hours I felt terrible, stomachache like never in my life and I had to fight against the vomit always around the corner all day. Take a day off or take the pill after work to have plenty of time to deal with it!"

a lot of pain (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for COPD, Acute: "have used this med for lung infections a few times and each time it helped improve my breathing and helped eliminate excessive wheezing."

shmit August 12, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I went to the doctor and they made me take two 500mg tablets of this medicine . I was okay at the doctor but on my way home I started to become feel nausea and severe stomach aches. As soon as I came in I started to cook me some eggs and turkey bacon but as soon as it was done cooking I had to vomit and use the restroom . My stomach is hurting and I feel so weak. Maybe it will change after I eat but as far as right now this is horrible. I took it on an empty stomach so I see that's a no go."

No More Unprotected Sex (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "second time having chlamdiya, I hate the side affects after you take the treatment tablets. I had to take 4 at the same time, 2-3hrs later I started to feel sick and I had diarrhoea. Personally the best thing to do is try to fall asleep when you feel sick because once you throw up that's it, your going to have to go back to the client and do this all over again. I'm never having unprotected sex till I get married, I can't go through this again ( I'm from the UK so the treatment was free)"

Miley22222 August 4, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I am a 5' 8" male 175 lbs and have Chlamydia for the second time :(. First time it took me 5 months to realize I had infection, I was having the testicle pain thinking it was too much sex! Then a physician recommended doxycycline for a week and it went away. Now, I just took 2x500mg of azithromycin. I had breakfast 2 hrs earlier, cereal and fruit. Two hours later only small stomach discomfort. I am drinking plenty water. Lets wait a week to see if it goes away. Cheers"

limahb (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Had this infection twice smh.. Took Two 500mg of Azithromycin which is 1 gram 30 minutes after eating a big meal (as directed by doctor) first time I had minor side effects. Just a bit of gagging but nothing came out. This time I felt horrible.Stomach cramps, Nausea, diarrhea and felt very weak. Took the pills around 8:15 pm it's now 10:23pm and I'm feeling a little better. Ran to the toilet once because of the diarrhea. Hopefully this medicine works a second time."

Miss Cooper (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Started feeling bad with strep symptoms on Monday accompanied by fever, chills, body aches and swollen throat. Went to the ER. Culture came back positive. Dr gave me ibuprofen, zithromax and prednisone before leaving. Left with rx for those two and have felt no symptoms since. Other than my stomach being torn up from the meds, i think the prednisone has made all the difference this time. This is the 3rd time this year alone i have had it."

mandabear613 July 30, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Awful!! Took way to long to even "start" to feel better. It seemed to bring on aches and pains or made me feel worse. Dr. Prescribed it for me 3 times only because I forgot to tell him I don't want it anymore after the 3rd time. I do NOT use it anymore and never will again.This was bad!"

Terry NY July 30, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took the two pills at one time and didnt have any problem with it. It has been 5 days since i took it and i feel fine."

madigotchlamydia July 29, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "I have Asthma so maybe it makes it worse . But it came on suddenly with no fever. No change in pulse . Just a cough that hurt the back of my head so bad that it rattled my brain and made me see fireworks in my head . I don't think this z pac worked for me because after laying in bed no energy for 1 week I went to the doc again . This time he prescribed Bactrim and it seems to be working - I'm feeling better. The doc asked if I had a loose stool , no I didn't but my BF has the same symptons and a very loose stool . I just wish he would go to the Doc so we don't pass this back and forth ..Arithamyicin has worked for me in the past but not with whatever this supercough is. Its feeling like nothing ever before is ... I just wonder how contagious it is"

Kennifer (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 2 pills as soon as I got in. Within 30 minutes I felt the stomach pains. Felt sleepy which was nice cause I didn't have to feel the stomach pains. After I woke up the pains continued and the I felt nauseous and vomited. After that the pains stopped and everything felt great. Can finally eat now."

Khaza July 16, 2015

For Sinusitis: "After third dose I feel worse than before. Headache, diarrhea, bad taste in mouth, upset stomach, and weak. Two doses left of five day pack and can breathe a bit but other side effects are awful. Feel as unmedicated I felt better."

Billie212 (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I ate a piece of bread and some fries when I took it, as well as a bottle of water. Within the hour of me taking it, I got a little nauseous, felt stomach pains, felt sleepy, and my vision felt weird for about an hour. When I started feeling sick, I had a mint and drank a bottle of sparkling water. Felt fine after that. I did eat a sandwich when I started feeling better, and that brought back the stomach pains slightly but, nothing too bad. No more nausea or sleepiness and weird vision."

Anonymous July 10, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "A pretty positive experience overall if you can get past the whole "crap, I have chlamydia" feelings. Bodies are weird. I've had symptoms for months but my tests have never been positive for it which is kind of scary. What is not scary however, is knowing that this is totally treatable and I'll feel better almost immediately. I took 4 rather large pills right after eating a PB&J, had some popcorn a couple hours later and went to bed. Woke up with some pretty bad nausea and diarrhea. After all of that things are back to normal."

colquit94 July 10, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I'm on my fourth day of this medicine for strep throat and my throat is in unbearable pain still. It really has not done anything for me. Horrible and would not recommend using."

Anonymous July 9, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I was prescribed azithromycin for tonsilitis/phyrangitis. On day 4 with the z-pak and still can't eat can't even swallow my own saliva without being afraid it will hurt. This medication is completely useless my swelling hasn't gone down and the pus pockets are now on the right side of my throat. I am in so much pain haven't eaten for 4 days"

apsa (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took two regimens of doxy before finally getting this. Doc said it would give me nausea and diarrhea, but I ignored him. Thankfully he prescribed nausea meds. This is day 3 and I still feel nausea and have the runs after every meal. The itching is finally going away though"

Boys suck (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I had been coughing for 2 weeks straight really badly. I called my doctor to get a check up and she prescribed me the 5 day dosage. 2 the first day and then 1 for the next 4. By the 5th day my cough was still there and I had gotten the runs. This medicine was a waste of my time"

Kebbie (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "I've only taken one azithromycin tablet & and that was about 5hrs ago. If I take the other now will it still be as effective? Damn it..didn't get any instructions."

sparzen (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "First time taking the medicine. Two pills 500mg. I took the pills while cooking and ate immediately after. I laid down for a nap and fell asleep. I woke up with a strong sensation to throw up. I had to fight it for awhile because I was afraid if I threw up the medicine wouldn't work. Severe stomach pain as well. No other symptoms from my experience."

leesabee222 June 27, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "re: side effects, I forgot to add to the comments I just submitted that while my stomach felt a little weird the morning after my first dose (this being 12 hours later) I was prepared to eat plenty of probiotics, which I have been doing. I have not had any problems; I am really pushing the yogurt and kefir. I did feel extraordinarily tired but not debilitated, and I was extremely fatigued from nearly 5 weeks of being sick, so the trade-off is meaningless, and it's improved after the first mega-dose anyway."

tiggerflute (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I haven't taken an antibiotic for several years because I haven't had a bacterial infection. Over a month ago I came down with a virus but in retrospect it soon evolved into a secondary sinus infection. I respect the avoidance of antibiotics unless symptoms clearly point to bacterial infections, and I was not running a fever, and what my sinus produced did not look foul enough. However, when this didn't abate after close to 5 weeks, even my internist agreed it might be a rare low-grade bacterial infection and gave the green light to try an antibiotic. I started it the day before yesterday and by last night it was the first time in 4 1/2 weeks I got relief from the non-stop post-nasal glob driving me crazy. It couldn't have been more dramatic."

tiggerflute (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I was prescribed Azithromycin after feeling fatigued and under the weather for a few days then coming down with a fever, chills, body aches, loss of taste, deep chest congestion and sinus congestion. My doctor said it was bronchitis and perhaps an initial onset into bronchial pneumonia. On the 5-day treatment, and started feeling noticeably better on day 2. On day 3 now and although still getting better, the lung congestion is so deep that it's hard to get rid of the mucus. A MUST on this drug is taking a LOT of probiotics! The medication kills off all of your GUT GERMS, good and bad making many people's stomach's ache so make sure to eat a lot of YOGURT and even better KEFIR everyday. The doctor's leave that out when prescribing."

SantaMonicaGuy (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed azrithromycin by my Dr for sinusitis. I have suffered from year-long allergies since I was a kid & this year has definitely been a bad one for me. I was a little worried about taking this medication because I read that some people got bad stomach upset with it. Luckily enough, the worst thing that happened to me was minor lower abdominal cramps, no worse than menstrual cramps. By the time I woke up the next day I was able to breathe clear for the first time literally in months. I did not feel congested, although I did have a very minor sore throat that I believe was caused by my sinuses finally draining. I definitely recommend taking this drug with food --it helps avoid stomach upset or cramps. Otherwise this helped me"

Kelsey G. June 19, 2015