User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 1 reviews 34 medications

6.8
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 62 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

Babesiosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 126 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pertussis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 160 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Azithromycin

Review by Ska2lee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I went to a baseball game and was severely chilled. Thought I had a bad cold/ allergies which turned into a bronchial infection. After 48 hours of continual coughing, I called the dr. The on call physician prescribed the Z-pack. It's been 8 hours and I'm feeling much better. I've got thyroditis and cannot take decongestants and over the counter medicines. While I know we try to not take antibiotics in order to avoid resistance, I think it is worth getting an antibiotic instead of allowing your resistance to get so low that recovery will take longer and weaken your system.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 15, 2014 7:46 PM

Review by Ron of Valhalla:

For Bronchitis: Had bronchitis for maybe 2 weeks. At first I thought it was a cold or maybe an allergy. My temp started to move up to 99.6, and then 100+ and finally like 101.7. But the cough was the worst. The weirdest cough I ever had, deep, loud coughs and I'd cough for like 30sec+ or cough and sneeze at the same time. Could not lie down at all or I'd begin coughing (but I'd cough anyway). The doc prescribed Z-pak. About 4 hours after I took it, I could tell the symptoms improving. My temp improved, the cough subsided, too. This is my second day. For me there are no side effects.

June 10, 2014 3:32 PM

Review by BeckiStart:

For Sinusitis: This is my first time taking a 6 pill pack. I have used regular azithromycin for sinus infections before with great results. This infection knocked me out. After being sick for a week I needed help. I started hallucinations because I couldn't breathe or sleep. So I gave in and went to the ER. I cleared up right after the first dose. By dose 3 I was breathing without wheezing. I'm going on day 4 and I can finally sleep. Ahhh sleep is great. I did get dizzy and there was a nasty taste in my mouth and I did have a few loose stools but all in all I would rather put up with those small side effects and be able to sleep.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: Took the 4 capsules by mouth at once and within 40 minutes I am having CHRONIC stomach pain, EXTREME nausea and 2 trips within 15 minutes to the toilet with diarrhea. I rarely ever feel side effects to any medication I%u2019ve ever taken and this hurts like the dickens. I have yet to actually throw up but I am using all the power in me not to so I can make sure the medication stays in my system to cure the infection. If this does cure the infection like it should then it%u2019ll be worth it. This is the most miserable I%u2019ve ever felt, and if I throw up I hop, hop here comes bathroom trip number 3.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 11:06 PM

Review by no more siccko (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I had a tickle in my throat and very tired on day one. Then day 3 a dry hacking cough and then runny nose and congestion. Day 5 woke up to bad sinus headache and pressure but not getting better and worse cough. Day 7 I felt like death warmed over and couldn't take it anymore. Went to doctor and got 5 day Zpak and inhaler. Took day 1 dose and next morning felt much better and lot of the sinus pressure and headache were gone. By dose Day 4 much much better and only small cough now.

April 17, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by Doolittles (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Z-pack is the only antibiotic that will kill off bronchitis for me. I am on 3rd day of taking it and my constant, deep coughing has subsided. Today actually is the first day I have felt better in 2 weeks. Now when I cough you can tell the congestion is breaking up and I am not coughing deep at all. By the end of course, I am sure I will feel 100%. My doctor gave me Levaquin originally, it did absolutely nothing. Stick with Z-pack if you want to feel better.

April 3, 2014 12:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Started with clindamycin, stopped after 4 days because it wasn't doing the job. Dentist switched to azithromycin, and to much surprise it has been a good experience! My ears are clogged but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with med. This experience has really helped me and my anxiety about taking meds.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2014 6:16 PM

Review by KT777:

For Chlamydia Infection: I was prescribed 1g of azithromycin in 2 500mg pills. My doctor allowed me to take them an hour apart as to try to avoid some stomach upset. I took them at 8pm with dinner, and was fine till about midnight. I got pretty bad stomach cramps and diarrhea consistently throughout the night. By the next morning though everything had subsided and I was fine. Ate normally, felt no side effects. I began feeling better after a day and was negative upon re-test. Medicines work good, you just have to put up with a few unpleasant side effects sometimes.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2014 6:29 PM

Review by jenbro:

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: Many many sinus infections over the years. This knocks it out in 3 days compared to 10.

February 6, 2014 11:45 AM

Review by 2014FluWasBad (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pharyngitis: I caught a really bad flu (maybe H1N1 - it was going around in my city). It started with a dry cough which led to violent coughing within a couple days. Violent non-productive cough, where I got coughing fits that went on for about 30 seconds, which is really long when you're coughing. Anyway, I had chills and a fever and muscle aches and sweating. A few days later I lost my voice completely for 9 days. My regular doctor didn't give me anything. So I went to another doctor the next week when I could barely breathe. The doctor told me to go to the ER. I asked the ER doctor for Z-pak as I knew it worked on me when I had pneumonia before. Amazingly, Z-pak started making me feel better after 2 days. After the full course, I was so much better.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2014 10:37 AM

Review by RoMaGo:

For Sinusitis: After 5 days of terrible dry hacking cough causing chest muscles to be sore and being unable to function, I went to the Dr. and he prescribed the Z Pak. On day 2 and I see results. It is loosening up all the congestion. I am finally a little better. I have a ways to go but I do see good results. When I talked to the pharmacist, he suggested eating something light before taking even though you can take on an empty stomach. He said some get upset stomach after taking so I took his advice and having no problems. I tried Mucinex before seeing the Dr. but got no results this time. Glad I went in for a checkup.

January 25, 2014 3:32 PM

Review by Kumite4u:

For Sinusitis: Had a very sore throat, sinus and ears completely congested, lungs and back extremely sore with a gurgling sound in every breath and continuous coughing. Overall I felt very miserable. I'm very reluctant to go to a doctor but finally did. I was given the 5 day Z-pack. I noticed feeling a lot better even after the first dose. I wasn't expecting something to work so quickly. Now on the 3rd day and sort of leveled out. Not feeling better but I'm not miserable. Still congested in my lungs but I can breath freely. I hope this knocks it out by the 5th day.

January 23, 2014 12:05 PM

Review by AIlana:

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Excellent medicine....don't hesitate.

January 15, 2014 5:55 PM

Review by yannick:

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: Could be effective, not sure. Side effects from three day Pak; headache,nausea, anxiety, sore throat, chills, tired, a feeling of being very unwell.

December 9, 2013 11:17 AM

Review by NastyNastyE (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: It doesn't taste like anything when I took it. But I eat a meal with it and drink a glass of water/milk like it suggests. I've taken this medication three times. Each time it makes my stomach hurt and I feel very nauseous. I also get sweaty and have bad diarrhea within in an hour or two. It clears the infection up well though.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2013 8:59 PM

Review by Renee rap:

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: The only medicine that works on my bronchitis I've tried others and suffered more. For me it starts working in 2 days. No side effects for me just relief. I love it. But I really need to quit smoking. I wouldn't get it so often, get it at least 2 times a year.

November 19, 2013 7:55 AM

Review by TinaTomato:

For Bronchitis: Hello! I wanted to give a complete day-to-day experience taking ZPak. Summary: I started to get sore throat, ear ache, fatigue, body chills, vomiting, and a slight fever. I would cough up white/slightly yellow mucus. Day 1: Fatigue was reduced by 80%, less coughing,didn't cough up as much mucus but dry hacking cough was still there. Day 2: Coughing was still there, ear infection reduced, little to no mucus. Couldn't lay down or would still get coughing fits, would have to sporadically sit up so I wouldn't cough throughout the night, had liquid stools. Day 3: Felt 70% better, coughing turned into an annoying honking cough with no mucus, slight blurry vision, some sweating, dryness, continued watery stools. Day 4: Feeling 75-80% better.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2013 7:22 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: Bronchitis - Worked fast.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2013 9:04 PM

Review by f in chest cold. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Called Dr. Because my inner ear was hurting. She sent script to pharmacy for pick up. My ear stopped hurting but then a week later I had a chest cold. Took Z-pack, after day two I am able to function and mucus is coming up out of chest. Feeling 90% now. Was feeling at 40%.

October 8, 2013 11:15 AM

Review by MarlaSuarez (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: 2nd time having the same sexually transmitted disease. Reinfected myself by having sex while on antibiotics. Wait one week after taking antibiotics. Took two 500 mg pills and discharge was be gone along with abdominal pain.

October 2, 2013 10:59 PM

Review by Bronchitis sufferer (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: Got a regular head cold about a week ago. The cold is better but the cough got much worse - so violent I can't talk. Went to Urgent Care - they gave me Lortab for coughing, a Z-pack & an inhaler. It's been 2 hours and I am already feeling an improvement. This is the second time in 2 years that this happens to me. I only wish that I could prescribe it to myself at the onset next time instead of trying every other medicine!

September 14, 2013 5:51 PM

Review by carmdonoharm (taken for less than 1 month):

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: Took the 5 day Z-pack for this bronchitis I have had a month now. After the 1st day I felt great, but then downhill from there. 6 days after finishing it I wound up in the E.R., they gave the Z-pack again...much to my chagrin. I finished it 3 days ago and while I have more energy, my cough is still bad. I know the infection is still there, my white blood cell count is high at 18,000, but they also put me on Prednisone which causes high white blood cell count. So they can't differentiate/determine cause of high white count, if infection or prednisone. Chest x-ray shows bronchitis. Friends who've had bronchitis are suggesting Bactrim, will discuss with my doctor.

August 17, 2013 6:53 AM

Review by 321cbl:

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: I had been having a mild sporadic cough for a week and a half before I started having the "under the weather" cold feeling. It started in my chest and was accompanied by body aches, sore throat, and headache from a dry cough. After two days of dry cough and developing Laryngitis from coughing so much, it moved up into my nasal area, where I started finally experiencing mucus. By the third day, I was feeling like crap and had no real appetite. So went to the local clinic. Diagnosed w/ cold, bronchitis, laryngitis. Prescribed a 5 day antibiotic treatment 250mg. The first day I had nausea, diarrhea, racing heartbeat for a couple hrs. I started feeling better after 2 days, kept taking antibiotic, side effects went away & so did the cold. Fast.

August 13, 2013 12:02 PM

Review by shs923 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I came back from the U.K. with a terrible chest cold. I spent the first week drinking tons of water and hot tea and lounging on the couch with a heating pad on my chest. I finally went to the doctor who took a chest x-ray to make sure there was no pneumonia or bronchitis. He prescribed Tussionex cough medicine which worked great on the cough and helped me sleep like a baby. After two days the cold worked its way up into my throat and ear canals and I lost my voice. Called the doctor back who prescribed azithromycin. After 1 day I was feeling much better, but still not quite myself. After 2 days I was able to function almost normally. I've taken the 3rd dose today and am hopeful that I will be even better today.

August 10, 2013 9:18 AM

Review by .................. :( (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: I took two pills that were prescribed 1000mg total. They also gave me a shot. I had diarrhea, dizzy, nausea, etc. hurting and in pain but overall it will work.

July 3, 2013 5:59 PM