User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 1 reviews 34 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 64 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

4.5
Babesiosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 126 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pertussis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 65 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 202 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Azithromycin

Review by Harmony711:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I just finished my Azithromycin tablets. . Feeling 100% better. . No side effects....

March 28, 2015 8:44 AM

Review by Wellthatwasfun:

For Chlamydia Infection: Took this medication around 8:30pm on an empty stomach, as I was not advised otherwise. Big mistake. Had the worst stomach pains followed by extreme diarrhea that lasted until approx. 12:30am. Managed to fall asleep and am feeling much better! Just gotta tough it out!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2015 6:03 AM

Review by tychal (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: No side effects at all, will test this week if it has cured me, furthermore I'm just fine.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2015 4:10 AM

Review by 0012:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took this medicine about a hour ago, and Im having TERRIBLE stomach pain! And I feel very nauseated and like I'm fixing to vomit . Please someone help me? This is my first time being affected with this disease and I don't know what to do. I'm really scared and in so much pain! I took 1 500 mg.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 12:10 AM

Review by Ralmoe12:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took 2 250mg total 500mg was that enough to clear it

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 7:39 PM

Review by Ezio (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I rarely take antibiotics. I got a serious strep throat and I knew I just HAD to go to a doctor. I started to feel markedly better within 2 hours of taking the first pill. Within the first 8 hours I think I was totally cured. Continued to take the whole course as prescribed though.

March 12, 2015 2:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Have had a sinus infection for 11 months... tried all types of antibiotics and they would help a little but right back to same stuff. Major congestion, Hard phlegm, trouble breathing, etc. Took azithromycin day 1 was able to breathe thru nose again. loosened up all mucus. Day 2 felt like a new person.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2015 12:30 PM

Review by condoms (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: 7 months pregnant. Found out I had this and took 3 pills after a large dinner. I've been to the bathroom 3 times with diarrhea but no other side effect. I've read a lot about no harm to the baby.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2015 9:59 PM

Review by Chloe14:

For Chlamydia Infection: About 20 min after taking 4x 250mg I got hot flashes, started sweating, nauseous and felt like I was going to pass out. Has lasted an hour so far and still going. Weird feeling.

February 12, 2015 8:15 PM

Review by Cyndi07:

For Otitis Media: Yes, it got rid of my ear infection after the generic was prescribed at a CVS Minute Clinic. HOWEVER (BIG however), I ended up getting strep. My GP said that the generic does not have as long a 1/2 life as the brand name. So, the 5-day dose (which is supposed to stay in your system for up to 10 days) does not last long enough. As a result, you can either end up with the original infection coming back, or make yourself susceptible to a second infection. So now I had to go on Cipro for 10 days to get rid of the strep! This is the kind of thing that produces super bugs--thank you, insurance cos., corner-cutting pharma cos. and especially the FDA for approving substandard generics!

February 11, 2015 4:05 PM

Review by Alcor (taken for less than 1 month):

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: This stuff starts working on Day One. Within a couple hours of taking it, I already feel like the congestion has halted and just needs to clear up. Make sure to take the whole pack, but all three times I've ever had bronchitis sneak in during a cold, Zithromax knocks it right out. No side effects for me.

February 11, 2015 2:20 PM

Review by Winter Blues (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Woke on a Monday, with a cough & shortness of breath. Got worse through the week. Went to a Urgent Care & after being tested for the Flu, they agreed with me that I had Pneumonia. 3rd time I have had it in 15 years (I'm lucky like that). They gave me a shot & put me on 250 mg for 5 days. On day 4 still out of work, with coughing & shortness of breath. Meds, tore up my stomach & caused pain towards the right side. Eat some yogurt before taking, helps some. Either I worse then I thought or it's taken this med longer then I expected to get me back on my feet. Also caused caused some headaches. Good luck to others taking & hope it helps you to feel better.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2015 5:34 PM

Review by Tatz:

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Pharyngitis: My doctor always give this to me every time I got my pharnygitis, which normally attacks on winter times..

January 28, 2015 3:27 PM

Review by browbeaut (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: Just took the two pills today. I got the infection from a cheating ex. But 10 mins after taking the pills I was blind sided by the side effects. Stomach pain was the worst I've ever felt, hot flashes, the feeling of having to throw up, and nausea. I was able to get to sleep, but as soon as I got up I had a stool of watery diarrhea. The medication seems to have helped. No burning during urination now. Hopefully, everything is good and cleared.

January 27, 2015 3:17 PM

Review by vjjotshi:

For Pharyngitis: Had throat infection took 3 days pack, feeling great after fighting the same for over one and half month. Today is 4th day I am going to continue it for 3 more days.

January 26, 2015 9:15 PM

Review by LoveConquers (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: So I recently found out yesterday I had the infection after having a miscarriage

January 24, 2015 10:33 AM

Review by Alli_was_sick (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: My symptoms of sinusitis grew rapidily over 24 hours BEFORE taking this antibiotic. I started out with allergy symptoms, Only on my left side. 8 hours into it I had a pounding headache and my face and nose hurt really bad. I suffer from anxiety and had a bad experience last year while taking over the counter cold/allergy meds, so this year I was definitely not going to medicate myself up and decided to go to the doctor. my dr. visit was on the second day of being sick & I was full blown with what I thought had turned into a flu.Coughing was mild and mostly because i was dizzy so i felt nauseous and would cough. Chills,sweats,shakes,worst headache ever,nose and face hurt so bad. took 2 pills felt better in 5 hours

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2015 9:05 PM

Review by iaresleeping (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: Pretty sure it cured the chlamydia, but I ended up in the ER. I guess I am very allergic to azithromycin.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 2:03 PM

Review by dying with strep and influenza:

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: I started feeling better within the hour but as the night progressed I had a stomach ache and non stop diarrhea. I guess you can't win every time.

January 17, 2015 9:23 AM

Review by Ek90:

For Chlamydia Infection: Took x2 500mg tablets a few hours ago. Chronic stomach and lower back pain. Very nauseous trying my very hardest not to throw up. Make sure you eat before this medication. It is very strong and temporarily weakens you. Fingers crossed it works.

January 10, 2015 12:11 AM

Review by Nikkicupcake09:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Woke up the other morning in tears not able to breathe. I did two breathing treatments and still very little relief. Went to ER and was prescribed this and I kid you not by the next morning after taking the 6, I felt 100% better. I am choking on a lot of mucus but I guess that's because it's being broken up now. This is the greatest medication I have taken in a while. It truly worked wonders. My hands are very itchy but I don't even care! I can breathe!!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 8:43 PM

Review by sara cakez:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took it this morning before going to work, I felt so blind sided. Had the worst stomach pains and super nauseous and dizziness. I was also beyond tired like weak. I wished I would have taken it after work or after dinner. Lesson learned don't believe anyone when they say you're the only one. Hoping and praying it all comes out good when I get rechecked.

December 30, 2014 12:02 PM

Review by knitgirl81 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Hard on the stomach but tolerable. More tolerable than others.

December 29, 2014 8:55 AM

Review by Aimee25:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took this last night right before bed, slept fine, and woke up this morning with my stomach rumbling, aching, and mild diarrhea. Nothing too horrible though. I gave it a 9, because I don't know how effective the treatment was yet. I took four 250 mg pills.

December 18, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by bludaisyj:

For Chlamydia Infection: I took 8! Yes 8 250mg pills in one single dose. I took them at 9:30pm tonight on an empty stomach (i had a hard time eating due to stress). Its now 12:30am and I've had watery diarrhea, dizziness, nausea and hot flashes since 11:30. It seems to be subsiding. Fingers crossed!

December 17, 2014 11:35 PM