User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 66 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 141 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...ulare, Treatment 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 160 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Have taken Cipro for the first time for a urinary tract infection. I'm on the third day and have, thankfully, had no side effects, so far. It has been wonderful for clearing up my urinary tract infection.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 10:05 PM

Review by lvg152 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: One of the most effective antibiotics that I've ever taken. Cured pneumonia with 103. 1 grade fever after only one day after starting using medicine and without any side effects. I take 500 mg twice daily for 5 days.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by MamawPapaw (taken for 10 years or more):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I've been suffering from urinary tract infections for most of my adult life. The first Dr that prescribed Cipro for me was a "Saint"! Nothing else works for me like it. I take 500mg twice a day for a week to 10 days. I insist on this medication. I've never had any issues with any side effects... Only amazing relief! I'm now in my late 60's and I still take this when I have a UTI.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 7, 2014 1:32 AM

Review by guest223242:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Many of the symptoms described in these posts can be a result of the urinary tract infection itself. I had fever, the chills, nausea, vomiting, headache, and tender abdomen. As soon as I went on Cipro, most of those symptoms subsided. I took a couple days to knock back the fever.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2014 4:10 PM

Review by Driftways (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I am a male. Have been taken it for only 3 days, so cannot comment on efficacy yet but since starting it have been afflicted with continual attacks of Hiccups (not listed as a side effect) Annoying and very debilitating (To those around me as well!) Seeing Doctor in two days to decide course of action. Will report later.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 10:36 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: On the 7th and last day for taking Cipro I developed a rash with no itching on most of my body . After 2 weeks I still have some rash and also nausea. My doctor said Cipro had nothing to do with either. It did clear up my UTI infection but should I not take Cipro ever again .Thanks.

July 15, 2014 2:11 PM

Review by Lollagra:

For Kidney Infections: Was prescribed this medication along with Augmentin and Paracetemol following diagnosis of an advanced kidney infection. Four days later and I feel a little better in terms of the infection but the side effects have been awful. Constant feelings of extreme fatigue and weakness. Low energy levels; feels like the wind has been knocked out of me. Feelings of nausea and stomach ache for up to two hours after taking it! I have taken this medicine exactly as instructed by my local Pharmacist. Guess it just doesn't agree with me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2014 2:38 PM

Review by EmmyF:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Cipro is the only thing that works for me. I suffer from chronic urinary tract infections, despite my efforts of consistent 100% cranberry juice intake and using the bathroom after sex, I normally have 2-3 per year. Cipro usually kicks the awful urinary tract infection symptoms within a couple hours of my first dose, and I have complete relief within the first day. I'm lucky enough to have the meds on-hand due to the recurrent infections - typically only take for 3 days unless I'm seeing blood in my urine, then I take it for 5. Dose 500mg twice in the first day to kick the infection, and then I follow up with 500mg once per day through my 3 or 5 day. I don't usually have many side effects from the Cipro, maybe some fatigue and mild headache for a day but that's all.

June 6, 2014 1:01 PM

Review by Jackrorabbit (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Of all the available antibiotics, this one has the fewest side effects for me, and unless I have a MRSA infection in my sinus, the one that works the best. Allergic reactions can happen with any medicine, so make sure you know those signs. Itchy skin (hyper itchy), welts, short of breath, blue fingernails, etc.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 11:01 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for : Weird side effects and didn't help vaginal infection.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 10, 2014 3:38 PM

Review by The warrior! (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I've been taking Cipro for three weeks now, had a horrible urinary tract infection that was not caught on time, and it went to my Kidney. To my luck this medication exists and also is my worst nightmare. (I'm used to it now, but the first three days, I couldn't sleep, I had the worst headaches ever, fever, body aches, a little of diarrhea, and lost of appetite) I have two more days to go. At first I thought the headaches were because I stopped drinking coffee, like a LOT!, but stopped my coffee intake when I got super sick. I'm currently on a 1000mg Cipro and wooo.. I can tell you, that as much as the side effects kick you, this medicine sure is working wonders. I drink plenty of water now, I honestly don't ever want to go back to having a urinary tract infection.

May 9, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Jleblo:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I was put on Cipro to treat a urinary tract infection. I was already on a medication that suppressed my immune system and even though the Cipro did wonders for my UTI, the side effects were unbearable. I was directed to take 1 250mg tabs twice daily for 3 days. I was only able to get through the first 2 days. The side effects were from what was a mild headache the first day to a severe headache the second day accompanied with muscle pain, joint aches, shortness of breath and even chest palpitations on the right side. I went in to see my doc and he said to come off them because even though they worked well for my UTI, my body was clearly unable to tolerate the side effects. Overall I say the medicine is very effective but is also strong so beware side effects.

May 1, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by Jilly Girl:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Took it for a urinary tract infection and immediately broke out in hives, fast heart rate and other unpleasant side effects. Had to take Benadryl and then was prescribed something else that worked.

April 25, 2014 10:55 AM

Review by LinaOchoa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Ciprofloxacin is a great antibiotic for a urinary tract infection in 2 days it'll be gone! Pain free.

April 22, 2014 9:15 AM

Review by carrosa (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: This medicine gave me the relief of symptoms of pain, urgency and frequency I needed quickly but I felt bad otherwise with overall fatigue and joint pain everywhere. Seven Days of that was worth it to me to rid me of that infection. But I worry if those side effects could worsen if I use it again in the future.

April 13, 2014 10:26 AM

Review by ellipsis92 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Kidney Infections: Had a kidney infection 2 years ago. The only side effect I had on these is feeling really sleepy/out of it at times. It also cured my diarrhea from my kidney infection. I had a terrible infection; fever, vomiting, couldn't eat for five days, diarrhea, and this cleared it right up. Don't be scared to try this medicine if it was prescribed to you. All because it happened to another person, doesn't mean it will happen to you.

March 22, 2014 1:34 AM

Review by Still Miserable:

For Bladder Infection: I have very frequent bladder infections and I take Cipro. It always works except for this time. I took it twice yesterday as prescribed but I woke up every hour last night having to go. I've never had a problem with it not working, but maybe I'm developing an immunity to it because of the amount I get bladder infections.

February 10, 2014 7:27 AM

Review by nicolie:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: I have been taking Cipro for three days now. I'm a father of two girls. I have had to call off work for the past 2 days due to the tiredness and fatigue. The only good thing I can say is that my infection is getting better slowly. This is a very strong medicine for many uses.

February 8, 2014 11:15 AM

Review by mball:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: I hate cipro. It sucks tne life out of me. I have no energy and it takes many , months to get better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2014 3:25 AM

Review by Alabama Wife (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: A medication that took care of my kidney infection and urinary tract infection. Works quickly in a matter of days if taken correctly. Little nauseated at first, but body gets used to it.

January 12, 2014 4:19 AM

Review by izack:

For Bladder Infection: Cipro worked great for my urinary tract infection after 3 days of taking it I was back to normal. I would definitely ask your doctor for it if you have a UTI.

December 17, 2013 8:27 PM

Review by MRaeS (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: Cipro is great! I feel relief after an hour of taking it but I also take Cranberry pills on the first couple doses to help with flushing... Pain is minimal after the first dose along with frequency.

December 17, 2013 7:59 AM

Review by Ajw8612:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I was prescribed Cipro ...the whole time I was sick in my stomach and couldn't keep anything down. I couldn't sleep but it seemed to be working for my urinary tract infection.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2013 7:58 AM

Review by bobandchris:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Pain in my leg and lightheaded but its helping.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2013 9:54 PM

Review by sic:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I took ciprofloxacin 500 milligrams 2 times a day and after 24 hours from starting this I started feeling sick again and worse now after 3 days with aching muscles, dizziness, pain in urination fever nauseated and headache, but the doctor won't prescribe anything else for me until it is finished after 5 days, so I'm going to go into the emergency or medical center.

October 17, 2013 4:33 PM