User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 66 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 146 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 183 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Review by Daydean:

For Bladder Infection: Kicked out a drug resistant infection (Klebsiella) and felt relief after a day. Took 500mg 2x a day for 10 days. No reaction except blissful relief.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2015 7:30 AM

Review by jerzeegirl1:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: I have to be on it for 2 months due to surgery and chronic bladder infection..women..please eat something and take a probiotic with this medicine. Working great! No complaints and no yeast infection..yay!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2015 8:17 AM

Review by akasha14:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: I have taken Cipro for several sinus infections. It is probably the most effective treatments you can get. I have stubborn sinus infections so many antibiotics don't work. I take the 500 mg tablet.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 9:40 AM

Review by vovozz (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bone infection: Right below knee amputation, right open fracture femur lead to osteomyelitis, non-union, 30 days of Cipro cleared the infection. Delayed union with plate interlocking done.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 10:55 PM

Review by MarzG:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Cipro has been a great help dealing with my urinary tract infections. Normally after the first pill I feel tremendous relief. I am fortunate that I do not experience any side effects.

February 8, 2015 5:14 AM

Review by Skipperose:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Wow, many of your reviews are very helpful. I am a vibrant, healthy & semi-athletic post-menopausal female. I ignored symptoms which were later diagnosed as CTI; acute abdomen pressure, urge to urinate every few minutes with pulsing and finally, bloody urine. Cipro worked for me within the 1st 24 hrs ...500 mg 2x p/day for 5 days... No side effects, only relief...

February 3, 2015 5:51 PM

Review by RecurrentUTIs (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I've taken this medicine about 7 times. It works well for the UTI, and prior to taking it this last time I had little side effects. This last time however was horrible. I couldn't sleep (not even a wink!) was shaky, felt like I couldn't walk, sore everywhere, headaches from hell... all of these effects started to happen on the 5th day... the 7th day (last day) was the worst and continued for the next week. I like this medicine because it works for the UTI, but I will not take it again. The side effects are scary.

February 1, 2015 10:46 PM

Review by ynnep1966:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Prescribed Cipro for a urinary tract infection 500 mg 1 every 12 hrs, noticed a great difference after 2 pills. Made me feel a little sick still after 3 days so I started breaking the tablet in half to help with the blah feeling. Works great for urinary tract infection.

January 27, 2015 7:22 PM

Review by g1rlly g1rl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: The first day I noticed an improvement. I am 2 days/ 3 pills now and all I have a little tinge when I pee. The urge to pee went away the first dose at the ER after 1 hour. I feel so much better already and no side effects I can tell. I would take this medicine again if I needed it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2015 5:52 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Amazing. I was prescribed ciprofloxacin 500mg. I took just one pill and had major relief.

January 21, 2015 5:33 PM

Review by Kat.V (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I was prescribed Cipro by my doctor for 5 days twice a day. (Every 12 hours) I had no side effects of the medication, however the medicine didn't clear any of my symptoms, but they made my symptoms worse.

January 21, 2015 12:12 PM

Review by NYdoe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: These are magic pills. I've had my share of urinary tract infections over the years. Ciprofloxacin works for me. After taking the first pill, I feel 80% better (usually in 3-4) hours. The second pill has me at 85% better. I finish the entire dose and drink it with lots of juice. I hate water, so unfortunately telling me to drink more water is useless. Here's some random information I've picked up over the years (based on my experience); You can drink alcohol, although I wait til on my last day of pills. You can have sex once you start feeling better. Make sure you use the bathroom before AND after sex. No exceptions! You can sleep soundly after you've cleansed your bladder. Don't wear thongs/g-strings so much. Drink cranberry juice.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 8:39 PM

Review by TreeCat:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I usually get 2-3 urinary tract infections per year. This is my first time using Cipro. I started on it 3 days ago and have had no side effects. The UTI is about 99% gone and I had major relief in the first 24 hours. No problems with discomfort when urinating, just a slight tinge after I go but barely noticeable and my urine is clear without any odor. I was hesitant to use it due to the side effects but am pleased that I have not experienced them.

January 16, 2015 8:40 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I am reading the comments and I am really surprised at how long and at how high a dosage some people with urinary tract infections are reporting. I went to the doctor this morning because I have a UTI, but I was given 6 Cipro pills, each 250 mg to be taken twice a day. From what I understand, most doctors will try this 3 day fix and not put you on an extended dose. I am reading comments that some people are on for 10 days. I am all for stamping out an infection, but I want to do it with as little medication as possible. So far so good. Who knows, I might need a new prescription but for now I am hoping that this modest approach of a 3 day treatment will do the trick.

January 10, 2015 2:10 PM

Review by lanai00:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Symptoms I had before being put on Cipro were the usual - blood in urine, pressure on bladder, need to pee every 10 seconds even after going, stinging. After being on 500 mg twice almost all the symptoms were gone but the side effects were horrible. I had nausea, headache, diarrhea, drowsiness and some chest pain. The size of the pills are relatively huge too. Not supposed to split them but I did anyway cos it got stuck in my throat and made me throw up my dinner once. I put the split pill into a 00 veggie capsule which makes it easy to swallow and I can't taste the bitterness.

November 25, 2014 10:48 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: This medicine is amazing. I have taken this for three different urinary tract infections and it has cured them in only one day, seriously. I give it a rating of 11.

November 24, 2014 12:44 AM

Review by sanboa (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I was initially given amoxicillin for my UTI but after 3 days, I still had a fever, cloudy urine and overall blahs. Went back to Dr. and was given Cipro. Wow...less than 24 hours later, fever is gone and urine is clear. I do have a headache but I don't know if that is from Cipro or from sleeping so much. The list of side effects are a bit scary but so far, no problems.

November 22, 2014 2:20 PM

Review by DlReed:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: Cipro worked the first day for reducing the urgency, but I must not have eaten enough, because I felt like vomiting. The second day I had diarrhea, and the third day, I have the urgency back, but not as painful.

November 18, 2014 10:37 AM

Review by All the Nicknames are in use...:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I am on day 4 out of 5 so I cannot say for sure that the ciprofloxacin has eliminated the bacteria causing my infection, but I have no symptoms of a urinary tract infection anymore. Before I started taking it I had painful and frequent urination, fever, and chills, and these began to subside after the second pill, the fever and chills entirely gone the first day. I'm taking a 500mg pill twice a day. Luckily I've experienced no side effects. I had a bad dream last night but I wouldn't call it a nightmare; it wasn't anything outside the usual dream realm of possibility. Grateful for this!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2014 6:25 PM

Review by Treesaw (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I was prescribed 500 mg of Ciprofloxacin twice a day for five days for my Urinary Tract Infection. After one day (two doses), I honestly felt approximately 85% better. I was initially apprehensive about taking it after reading virtual horror stories regarding some of potential side effects, but I am glad that I tried it. I am allergic (anaphylaxis reaction) to penicillin, so this medication is (dare I say) miraculous for those of us with penicillin allergies.

October 29, 2014 3:08 PM

Review by Shenshenn:

For Kidney Infections: It hits with a stomach pain but after taking it days ago. I feel more better. Make sure you'll take the medicine with a heavy meal. You truly feel it cleanse.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by ajmar (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: I took Cipro (500mg 2x/day) for a bladder infection and the only side effect I got was some drowsiness. A few days into taking it, I made the mistake of reading medication reviews and I thought for sure it was going to slowly kill me. Well, I don't know if any other side effects are going to creep up on me in the future, but I can assure you that the actual course of medicine worked just the way it was supposed to, with no serious side effects. The conclusion--there are either a ton of people with pyschosomatic tendencies or I am some sort of anomaly.

October 28, 2014 6:51 PM

Review by UghTI:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I have been getting urinary tract infections since I was a small child and the only antibiotic that has worked for me 100% of the time is Cipro. I have never had any side effects but I am not sensitive to any medicines that I am aware of. I also use AZO Maximum Strength for the pain as an alternative to Pyridium although if I have a prescription, Pyridium is actually cheaper (with insurance) than purchasing AZO.

October 28, 2014 2:55 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Have taken Cipro for the first time for a urinary tract infection. I'm on the third day and have, thankfully, had no side effects, so far. It has been wonderful for clearing up my urinary tract infection.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 10:05 PM

Review by lvg152 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: One of the most effective antibiotics that I've ever taken. Cured pneumonia with 103. 1 grade fever after only one day after starting using medicine and without any side effects. I take 500 mg twice daily for 5 days.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate