User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 66 medications

4.7
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 1 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 303 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I went to the ER last night because of a pulled back muscle that occurred 2 weeks ago...the pain(lower back) was just unbearable! And when the pain also moved up to my kidney I thought "ok something is seriously wrong here...Turns out I had a pretty bad UTI that I didn't know about (NONE of the usual symptoms, pee flow regular, no spotting, etc.) 1st time ever being prescribed Cipro, 500mg 2x a day. Took 1st dose immediately after filling my script(10pm), second one 12hrs later(10am) by morning I had severe dry mouth after taking 2nd dose so I started drinking a Gatorade and immediately started vomiting, my kidney hurts more than it did before going to ER, headache since last night, and I'm only on day 1 :("

K.K. May 2, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "been taking antibiotics for almost 3 month now, cipro for 6 weeks for an apparently antibiotic resistant infection. started on merropenem i.v. (dont know why if its antibiotic resistant) i think doctors do whatever they can with the knowledge they have been given by these companies. which most dont even now of the side effects and say dont believe everything you read on google. but i had diarrhea straight away after the first pill (500mg) i have also had tennis elbow. yet never played any tennis or golf.i have muscular pain in my shoulder and it felt like it popped out or something almost a week ago. and only now i re read the symptoms and the reviews i see others having this problem. i dont trust pharma companies i want to stop taking now"

ryan0 April 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Is the worst medication I have ever taken...After five days I couldn't remember what I had for breakfast...i was having difficulty with keeping track of money...I did not get nauseous...I felt like i had a cerebral lobotomy. I don't know if it cured the infection or not...as I had no outward symptoms to begin with and only a urine specimen detected the infection. I do have kidney disease so I am freaked not knowing if this antibiotic did the trick or not. It was if I had turned senile..."

bazily (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Cipro gets a bad rap. It is the ONLY thing that knocked out my terrible sinus infection. I would take it again for sure. IT WORKS."

JaneMorgan April 13, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I've been on Ciprofloxcin for 3 days now for a urinary tract infection and I don't know what's worst...the pain from the actual infection or the horrible feeling this medication has given me. Every time I take it it gives me a headache, I feel drained and dizzy and give me this restless anxiety attack feeling. I hope that at the end of my 7 day cycle it will be worth it but so far I feel worst than better."

Cyndi27 April 6, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Test came back, had a UTI. Had one a month ago, so doctor thought it would be a good idea to put me on something else. Something stronger. It has been day two on Cipro, and I went from feeling fine to feeling like I have the flu. Lots of muscle aches, lots of dizziness, lots of nausea. I never read side effect labels on meds. So I look up Cirpo online, and lawd, this medication has a black box warning?! WTF?! I called my doc and told him this ain't going to cut it. Would very much like to get rid of an infection without having muscular, nerve, and who-knows-what-else for the rest of my life! Watch what you're putting in your bodies, folks."

abellesoleil March 30, 2016

For Prostatitis: "I started Cipro for a diagnosed Prostatitis that was even questionable as being bacterial. Most urologist don't do the massage and urinalysis to detect bacteria and then empirically "guess" that your problem is bacterial. I was given Cipro. Do your homework. 95% of all chronic prostatitis is NON-BACTERIAL. Regardless, two weeks of Cipro left me with a "sunburned" feeling face with dry eyes and lips. Both urologist consulted said they had never heard of such a side-effect but the internet is full of them and my allergist confirmed. I went on a Medrol dose pak that worked great for two days but symptoms returned as I weened off the product. It has taken two weeks for the symptoms to begin to improve. I was a very anxious time."

Notyouraveragenut (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I got a UTI and was prescribed Cipro because I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. It took care of the UTI quickly, but I can't wait to get off it. I have two days left. I feel achy, tired, have indigestion and had nightmares. I read the side effects and they are all on there. Also, I cannot take any of my other medications because of potential reactions. I don't have any other choices, but I don't feel well on this drug."

robi51 March 21, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Absolutely terrible! Felt like I was having a seizure, extreme dizziness, rapid heart beat, uncontrollable shaking."

MegL March 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Just causing nausea, I think people react differently and moaning it's toxic and cause life threatening symptoms is complete nonsense. People are just not suited for it."

boo12345 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Took just one tablet, I was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

Cipro202 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I Took just one tablet, i was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

J Adams (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI and was prescribed Cipro (250 mg 2x for 10 days). The pain and frequency went down on day two and after day three, I felt normal. The only side-effect I had was itching."

Walter Gathers March 18, 2016

For Kidney Infections: "I was nervous to take Cipro because I had made the mistake of reading online reviews. To people like me who get anxiety about medication: just think, people who willingly write a review online about medication probably had an extreme or unpleasant experience, but that does not make them the majority. I'm a petite woman that was prescribed 500 mg two times a day for a week. The first time I took the pill I felt a bit lightheaded and woke up a tad nauseous. However, I was not on a full stomach (too nauseous to eat with my kidney infection) and I made the mistake of not drinking a full glass of water with the pill. As long as you do those things and avoid dairy (among other things like NSAIDs, etc) you'll be fine. Feeling much better now"

ATCCAL March 15, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had it for a boil it work very quick I had 500 milligrams 2 times a day for 1 week was very effective."

Kitty kaka March 10, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "It works very good for me........"

TIMISVALI (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2016

For Kidney Infections: "I had a kidney infection & my Doctor prescribed Ciprofloxacin for 3 days and boy, the infection is gone but the side effects are just so intense! I had throbbing headaches. I couldn't think straight. Got a major fever, my face turned red. I was so miserable. The drug definitely got rid of the infection but fair warning: it was as if I had a bad acid trip."

Jackie from Toronto (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Was given a 3 day treatment for a UTI, 250mg every 12 hours. I had let the UTI get really bad before treatment, so my experience may not be representative of someone who catches it early. The horrendous symptoms were gone within a day, but I've just taken my last one and still feel irregular urgency and burning upon urination. Going back to the dr today."

mc223 February 29, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I took Cipro for a UTI about a year ago and had absolutely no problems. Pain and urgency to pee subsided after the second dose if I recall correctly. Two days ago I felt the symptoms of a UTI creep up on me and today I just started Cipro again. Hoping I have no side effects this time either!"

JessSSSSSSSSSSSSEC February 27, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I developed foot neuropathy from use of this medicine."

Carona February 26, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I have taken this medication several times for UTI'S and it works great! No side effects at all! I am on it now for a bladder infection! and I have had reieif within the first couple of hours. It's great"

Trais Gorl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "2nd pill of 500mg bad side effects - I am Canadian - tingling in thumb - lips numb - eyes stinging - brain fog - neck.throat area weird feeling - like to touch it feels like you're not touching it with your hand - this drug is obviously POISON - a definite neurotoxin and should not be available for any ones consumption!!!!"

C-A-L (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "My experience is not one size fits all. I have a kidney transplant and because of that I should have been given this medicine at 250 mg. Instead they prescribed 500. I was very sick to the point of fever so I didn't do my own research that day. I just took the meds and tried to sleep. It was the second day that I realized I got very sick and vomited each time and when I researched I found I should not take 500 mg because of my transplant my body could not break it down. I was then prescribed it at 250 and stopped vomiting. It took my infection completely away."

Kidney bean (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "Call me crazy but I think it worked after only one day. Only mild bloating/gas as a side effect. I'll finish it as prescribed but - seriously, it's fine. I took it with full meals and it worked like a charm!"

TropicAnna (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Developed severe reactions to Cipro. Took 250 mg for only two days but developed itching, rash, nausea and headache that lasted days after I stopped taking it."

E. J. February 6, 2016