User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 65 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 148 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 72 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 222 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Bladder Infection: "If I could rate this drug lower then 1 I would. Last year my mother went to a local hospital to be treated for a routine bladder infection. A clearly untrained nurse gave my mother this drug, and she took 1 pill that afternoon. Within 45 minutes she had collapsed and had gone in to anaphylactic shock. The drug caused a chain reaction in her blood and she suffered total kidney failure. She spent 3 weeks in an intensive care unit, on the brink of death. Her whole body swelled with edema from around 76kgs to over 120kgs in the time she was in hospital, she couldn't move and had to be fed intravenously. Luckily she recovered and left hospital 4 weeks later."

Bobby L (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I would give it a negative 100 if I could. It is being misused for simple infections and has destroyed 100s of 1000s of lives. It destroyed mine. (after only 4 pills). look up Cipro toxicity. Got to the fluoroquinolone wall of pain. Do some homework but do NOT take this drugs unless you are dying and there is no other option."

hedgey (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I took 3 doses and when I got in my truck I heard a rip in my crotch I could no longer drive that vehicle because I couldn't jump up to get in I had to buy a vehicle that I could just sit in a day or 2 later I was just pushing up in bed with my arm and I heard a rip in my elbow I quit doing anything and quit the meds drank alot of water to let it heal in later time had xray chiropractor found gap in dimond s sape bone in hip area of crotch ????? Is that what ripped?? Be carefull taking this I was told this could happen even6 month to a year later after taking it :("

hurt badly August 24, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I get frequent UTI's and Cipro works every time to clear it. I usually get a yeast infection after taking Cipro so I usually also ask my doctor for a Diflucan prescription just in case. I take nitrofurontoin as needed to prevent getting a UTI but I don't always remember to take it (my stupidity) so that why I develop UTI's. I definitely trust Cipro to get rid of any bad infection. My doctor prescribed me 500mg/2x day."

Yes to Cipro August 14, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have had recurrent UTI's. This is the second time I take Cipro for 10 days. Now I have a yeast infection and I feel as if my UTI isn't completely gone. Could it be because maybe the last couple of days I haven't taken it on time I've been like an hour late."

92Melissa August 1, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I was perscribed this medication for a bacterial infection in vagina. I had no side effects at all everything went smoothly, just became a bit gassy at the beginning. Was one medication for 7 days twice a day 500mg. I got a follow up coming up lets see how effective it is..."

Marimala (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This is a miracle pill! It works for UTI's. As a little girl up until now and I'm 29 I've always got UTI's, especially in my early 20's every month literally. After meeting with the specialist who prescribed me Cipro, he said take 1 pill when you feel the symptoms and ever since then I feel my UTI's are under control I've got 2-3 per year which is amazing for me considering I been getting these my whole life, I can't be more pleased!! I had no side affects from the pill. Thank you doctor for this prescription!! Happy patient"

Vonnie Acosta July 29, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Blurred vision, medication did not help sinus issues."

Sinusitis Susie July 28, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "Took Cipro for cystitis that turned into a mild kidney infection after Macrobid didn't do the trick. No serious side effects from medication except for drowsiness a couple hours after a dose... Not so bad when you're achy from a kidney infection. Don't freak out over reviews. It's worth remembering that most people taking antibiotics aren't feeling so hot anyway, so side effects nausea and aches could be due to illness as much as anything else. ALWAYS FINISH YOUR ANTIBIOTICS!"

HelloWorld2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Were can I start? I have been suffering back pains, joints pains, name it, only recently I felt I had some kidney infection due to taking some ulcer tablets. Omg. I love this medication. It is my 4th day and here are things that have vanished; back pain. knee pains joint pains, ulcers in my digestion, throat mucus, breathing, then, every half hour I used to sit down due to stomach pains, (maybe ulcer), that's stopped and walked 2 hours! Food digesting so much better, the pains have gone, and mostly, I feel like a clay! I could not move my back, joints, I mean only for one reason was this given to me, and here are so much I can say: Mouth teeth ulcers gone. discharge vaginal gone knee /bones pains gone. stomach digestion problem gone."

Spakrle Female July 19, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Oh man thank God for this drug!!!!!! I literally JUST realized I have a UTI and I'm out of the country, but I have ciprofloxacin with me. I can tell I only just developed the UTI since symptoms weren't unbearable yet. Within the last 30 minutes since taking the pill I already have some relief. I'm concerned about the possible side effects after reading these reviews, but honestly I feel like anything is better than a UTI."

Gwen82091 July 19, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Urologist prescribed Cipro 250 mg for 30 days for elevated PSA. Stopped taking it after two weeks due to side effects and after researching PSA testing. The side effects were scary and horrible. Back, neck and shoulder discomfort, tiredness, unable to concentrate. Still have some lingering neck and back discomfort even after 3 days of not taking cipro. Stay away from Cipro and especially urologists who prescribe Cipro and similar medication for elevated PSA and insisting on additional PSA tests. Research PSA testing. PSA testing cannot tell whether a man would have prostate cancer or what type of prostate cancer. PSA testing is an insidious way for profit hungry urologists to recommend prostate biopsy, which will ruin life."

elevated PSA July 11, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Induced Fluoroquinolone Toxicity after ONE 500MG pill! I am not in the "risk" category that is listed in the warnings - was a healthy, active 32 year old woman who was given Cipro for a UTI. Experienced horrible side effects - tongue went numb, nerve pain, couldn't walk for a few days. Horrible tendon pain. This continues 7 months after using the drug. This cost me heaps for medical maintenance after taking one pill: Includes doctor visit, supplements, medical massages. I would NOT recommend this drug. I took it a couple of times before without experiencing horrible initial side effects. That's what makes it so dangerous!"

C K (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For Prostatitis: "It works the first 3 weeks ,when stop medication symtoms comeback."

eu June 28, 2015

For Diverticulitis: "Was prescribed cipro 2x/day with Flagyl 3x/day and they seemed to work although not as quickly as other reviewers. Not sure if it was the cipro alone or the combination but nausea was the main symptom. I would be fine for a few hours after the Flagyl but within an hour of taking the cipro I would have to lay down due to nausea and exhaustion. Still taking it and counting the days. Hopefully will not have an occasion to use this again."

Gardengirl67 June 20, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Second day into a 7 day cycle ...within the first 15 to 20 minutes ciprofloxacin gives me phantom sensations like flea bites..nothing major it goes away shortly after. The blood is clearing up in my urine but still a mild pain in my right flank. Hopefully this stuff gets rid of the bacteria for good. Feels like it is..other than a sour stomach it seems to be working"

nevermind boy June 17, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I am UTI prone and have gotten numerous over the last 15 years or so. Ciprofloxacin is a life saver. I can go from no UTI symptoms to completely incapacitated in a few hours so I try to keep a few pills on hand. Usually within 8 hours after the first dose the pain and urgency subside and by the 3rd dose (2x day dosing) I feel normal again. As with any drugs there are risks involved, but I have not had any side effects over the past 7 years or so of using this."

K17 June 17, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Started taking for bladder infection, got to day 2 of taking the medication when it started giving me random sharp stomach pains (wasn't having any dairy products either) and caused me to have panic attacks where I felt extremely dizzy. I had to ask for another medication."

Anon7384 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Terrible problem with sinus issues and drainage for many, many years. This year, almost one infection per month on average. Resistant to most antibiotics according to ENT. My internist prescribed Cipro on a flareup (drainage, headache, green discharge). Tried this and on 2nd day, remarkable improvement. Also, achiness in joints, trouble sleeping next night, anxiousness. Cut back to one pill in morning, instead of prescribed two. Side affects are about 80% less and I do believe it is still very effective. Shortly after taking pill, it seems to make me want to cough phlegm like Mucinex D (phlegm almost non-existent after 3 days) and it gave me a unbelievable dry cough. Seems very effective medicine, but has very strong side effects."

karl10 June 7, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I took Cipro for a sinus infection along with bronchitis. It worked very well but I didn't like the fact that I had to avoid dairy and take my multivitamin at a small window of opportunity during the day. Cipro made me very tired and weak, also a little fuzzy. Plus side was I slept great at night and it cured my infections."

Xuytdjb (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I found out I had a UTI a week after I had my annual physical examination. I did not get my prescription until a week later so I would assume I had the UTI for two weeks to a month. Doc prescribed me to take two 500mg daily. The side affects suck. Night one I did not sleep. I took a 3 hour nap and was up for 16 hours. Day two's morning dose had me nauseous. I just took my night dose so hopefully the side effects won't be bad. My UTI symptoms went away within my first dosage (slight pressure, cloudy urine, sensitivity)"

Kc. (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "The medication works well for clearing up a UTI. However, it makes me very very nauseous. I have certain bouts during the day that I feel like I'm going to vomit. Drinking lots of fluids help with the nausea, but it's pretty miserable. I would prefer the nausea over a UTI though."

Sick to my stomach May 29, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "Was given Cipro for a bladder infection. Took it for 5 or 6 days. Every day I felt sicker to the point that I couldn't even eat. Lost 10 pounds in three days. All I could do was sleep. My wife looked it up and found that this antibiotic has fluoride in it. No wonder I felt sick! I have never had a reaction to any other medications so this was new for me. Within 24 hours of stopping Cipro, I felt like myself again so I knew it was the medication. Fluoride, really? Can anyone say "Lab Rat". Never again!"

RFG4578 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "OMG!!! I'm being treated for what they think is an UTI (I'm convinced it is kidney infection) and started on Bactrim Saturday, was doubled over Tuesday so I went back to the Dr. They wrote a script for Cipro. Do not take this drug!! One dose and in 20 minutes my hands and feet started tingling, I broke out in a pure sweat, my wrists and ankles started to hurt like heck and I was having involuntary movements in bed. 13 hours later I'm still tingling. $100 down the drain, but I'm not putting up with these side effects as I have read they can be permanent. I hope only one dose doesn't ruin me forever."

sports May 28, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I have had multiple kidney infection and urinary tract infections and NOTHING works better or quicker than Cipro. I also take cranberry pills along with antibiotic and this seems to help me flush my system as well as lots of water and cranberry juice. I find that I don't get relief for a couple of days (2-3). I do have one side effect and that is my joints hurt, but it disappears after the 3rd day of use (for me). Also, I wouldn't take on an empty stomach because it can and will make you nauseous. Otherwise, I would recommend for both urinary, bladder and kidney infections."

Ambmas May 24, 2015