User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 68 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 139 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...ulare, Treatment 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 147 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Review by carrosa (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: This medicine gave me the relief of symptoms of pain, urgency and frequency I needed quickly but I felt bad otherwise with overall fatigue and joint pain everywhere. Seven Days of that was worth it to me to rid me of that infection. But I worry if those side effects could worsen if I use it again in the future.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 10:26 AM
Review by ellipsis92 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Kidney Infections: Had a kidney infection 2 years ago. The only side effect I had on these is feeling really sleepy/out of it at times. It also cured my diarrhea from my kidney infection. I had a terrible infection; fever, vomiting, couldn't eat for five days, diarrhea, and this cleared it right up. Don't be scared to try this medicine if it was prescribed to you. All because it happened to another person, doesn't mean it will happen to you.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 22, 2014 1:34 AM
Review by Still Miserable: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: I have very frequent bladder infections and I take Cipro. It always works except for this time. I took it twice yesterday as prescribed but I woke up every hour last night having to go. I've never had a problem with it not working, but maybe I'm developing an immunity to it because of the amount I get bladder infections.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 10, 2014 7:27 AM
Review by nicolie: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: I have been taking Cipro for three days now. I'm a father of two girls. I have had to call off work for the past 2 days due to the tiredness and fatigue. The only good thing I can say is that my infection is getting better slowly. This is a very strong medicine for many uses.

February 8, 2014 11:15 AM
Review by mball: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: I hate cipro. It sucks tne life out of me. I have no energy and it takes many , months to get better.

January 20, 2014 3:25 AM
Review by Alabama Wife (taken for less than 1 month):

ciprofloxacin for Bacterial Infection: A medication that took care of my kidney infection and urinary tract infection. Works quickly in a matter of days if taken correctly. Little nauseated at first, but body gets used to it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 12, 2014 4:19 AM
Review by izack: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: Cipro worked great for my urinary tract infection after 3 days of taking it I was back to normal. I would definitely ask your doctor for it if you have a UTI.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 17, 2013 8:27 PM
Review by MRaeS (taken for less than 1 month):

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: Cipro is great! I feel relief after an hour of taking it but I also take Cranberry pills on the first couple doses to help with flushing... Pain is minimal after the first dose along with frequency.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 17, 2013 7:59 AM
Review by Ajw8612: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Urinary Tract Infection: I was prescribed Cipro ...the whole time I was sick in my stomach and couldn't keep anything down. I couldn't sleep but it seemed to be working for my urinary tract infection.

November 29, 2013 7:58 AM
Review by bobandchris: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Pain in my leg and lightheaded but its helping.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 21, 2013 9:54 PM
Review by sic: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Urinary Tract Infection: I took ciprofloxacin 500 milligrams 2 times a day and after 24 hours from starting this I started feeling sick again and worse now after 3 days with aching muscles, dizziness, pain in urination fever nauseated and headache, but the doctor won't prescribe anything else for me until it is finished after 5 days, so I'm going to go into the emergency or medical center.

October 17, 2013 4:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: I love Cipro. I have had it several times before for a bladder infection, and again recently after passing a kidney stone. It works so fast. I have nothing bad to say about it, in fact I have noticed that my skin has cleared up, I know it isn't for that but my skin has never been this clear.

October 16, 2013 5:50 PM
Review by I had sinus and ear etc...:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: After taking just three pills I had diarrhea and nausea.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 27, 2013 9:55 AM
Review by Miss Lisa June: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Cipro really cured my urinary tract infection, but around my eyes I had hives and face swelling. But the medication out weighed the side effects. I will take Cipro again.

August 19, 2013 11:37 AM
Review by littlebit12356789: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Cirpo gave me severe nerve pain in my neck and head less than 24 hours after starting the medication.

August 14, 2013 10:38 AM
Review by anonymous11688: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Urinary Tract Infection: I have been prone to urinary tract infections since the age of two. I've taken Bactrim before with no issues on a 7 day regimen. My last couple of UTIs I have taken Cipro (3 days, 2 pills every 12 hours) to treat and it works beautifully. I'm reading all these reviews of people getting terrible side effects and I have had absolutely none (knock on wood). Had a UTI in June of this year which Cipro knocked out and I just got one again a few days ago. I took Cipro for the first time yesterday afternoon and I already feel 100% better with 0 negative side effects thus far (again, knock on wood). I won't have to take AZO anymore which works for pain, burning, frequency, etc. but turns my pee bright orange/red.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 13, 2013 11:26 AM
Review by Review (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: I have chronic urinary tract infections. Every time I know one is coming on, I go to my doctor and this is what is prescribed. This last urinary tract infection I couldn't get treated because I have no insurance and didn't have the money for the office visit. so I tried to wait it out or flush it with water. It eventually turned to a Kidney Infection and I was put on this medication. It does the trick within a day every time.

July 16, 2013 2:01 PM
Review by GoGreen02: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Worked wonderfully. Was on Bactrim for a week with no relief, but after my first pill of Cipro I felt 100 times better and was sleeping through the night. On my fourth day of taking and no side effects and feeling awesome.

July 13, 2013 9:35 PM
Review by BetterMe (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I had a urinary tract infection, which unfortunately went up to my kidneys so my MD prescribed Cipro. I already felt better after 2 days of taking it however I was getting terrible headaches that do not go away even if I take over the counter meds. That's the least of my worries though, as long as my infection got treated.

July 6, 2013 6:20 PM
Review by BuckeyeFan23:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I took Cipro a year ago for a urinary tract infection and had very little side effects. I just started taking Cipro again two days ago for another UTI and this time it is making me miserable. I no longer have the symptoms of a UTI but my muscles hurt, I feel tired and I have had some diarrhea.

June 29, 2013 10:10 PM
Review by Mel684 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Urinary Tract Infection: I've been on ciprofloxacin for two days now, its a total of three days worth of antibiotic. This is my first time taking it and it seems to have cleared up the main reason I got prescribed the medicine but the side effects are unbearable most of the time. Long bouts of nausea that comes out of nowhere at random times, pain and tightness in my sternum, painful gas and soft stools numerous times a day and just all around feeling of bad to the point where I may not take my last dose because I m afraid I will be up again half the night with discomfort. I've been on other antibiotics before but I've never had this many side effects. I suppose it may help some people without the side effects just depends how your body handles it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 13, 2013 10:23 PM
Review by Anonymous54: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: This medicine gave me quick relief from the urinary tract infection, however I am vomiting and have diarrhea. The pharmacist label said to take on an empty stomach but when I called them, they said I can eat just no dairy. Hopefully with something in my stomach the side effects will decrease.

May 7, 2013 10:50 AM
Review by 68 yr. old with a UTI: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Urinary Tract Infection: Took this med along with phenazopyridine and after 4 days had no problems, so far. As soon as I started to take it, the pain, chills and burning all went away. What a relief! I seem to get urinary tract infections at 3-4 a.m. when you can't go to the office, so I asked for a refill on both. Now all I have to do is keep it handy because knowing me, I'll get it again next year. I'm going to try the cranberry pills for urinary health and see if I can avoid taking meds in the future.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 2, 2013 3:41 PM
Review by mybladder: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: Cipro works great for me and is what I ask for. I've always been given 500 mg twice a day. Knocks out the pain and burning within 24 hours. For those who say they always get a yeast infection... take a supplement of acidophilus every day to replenish the good bacteria in your system. You won't get the yeast infection if you do this. Take it several days after stopping the Cipro, and you'll be good to go!

April 25, 2013 10:39 PM
Review by big baldy: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: Had allergic reaction after 4 pills. Hives, flushing, headache.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 20, 2013 12:17 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video