User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Pneumonia 2 reviews 191 medications

Skin Infection 0 reviews 168 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cefdinir reviews 62 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Cefdinir

Review by medina9834 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I started taking cefdinir for a bad sore throat and sinus infection. It helped clear everything. No side effects until now. Headaches, light diarrhea, heartburn.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2014 3:49 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Been taking this for five days. The pressure in my sinus is lessening, and my fever is gone, but mucus production has increased, and so now my cough is worse. Does this mean it's not working? The best way I've found to avoid the adverse digestive effects (vomiting, etc) is to take a strong probiotic to replenish what the antibiotic kills. You can ask your doctor for a prescription strength probiotic (they prescribe them for patients with ulcerative colitis) or find them in pill or drink form at a health food store.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2014 11:34 AM

Review by JACKTHEBEAR (taken for less than 1 month):

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Bronchitis: Cleared my symptoms in 24 hours after 2 days in the hospital with levaquin iv, which did nothing.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Otitis Media: Prescribed for ruptured eardrum/ear infection, on day 6 & while my ear is much better, I feel nauseous & having several loose stools a day. Also feeling very tired. I'm taking a probiotic at bedtime but it doesn't seem to be doing much. Still have 4 days to go, not sure if I'll keep taking or not. Seeing ENT doc tomorrow so we will see what he has to say. Plain old amoxicillin works for me without the nasty side effects.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2014 9:03 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: Worked very well for severe sinus infection.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by Chelle913:

For Sinusitis: I am on Day 6 of this antibiotic. I am not a huge fan of antibiotics but my vertigo and head pressure from the sinus infection was enough to get me on them. For the first 2 days I had no vertigo and head pressure, but now I experience some of it on and off the day. So I use a Neti Pot to clear out sinuses. Two days ago I had Post Nasal Drip where I ended up throwing up mucus in the middle of the night. With my experience, I have noticed a loss of appetite and have lost about 5-6 pounds. If I do not take the capsule with food I will end up with heartburn. I am looking forward to being over with this (4 more days to go) I take a probiotic in between the doses for my digestion.

February 5, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by eeggyy:

For Sinusitis: I was prescribed this medication for sinus infection and fluid in ear. I have on my charts that I am allergic to penicillin but not sure of reaction. So doctor said this has 1% of penicillin derivative. So I tried it! First 2 days sinus seemed to get better. Then 6, and 7th day I had horrible a headache, ear aches, facial skin burning, chills and sweats. I couldn't lift my head off pillow. Took myself off the medicine and next day I was feeling better. Still have a lot of congestion but the pain in my head is gone. I feel like my head was deflated. This has to be an allergy! I learned my lesson.

January 14, 2014 5:42 PM

Review by Mirmie (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: 10 days for pneumonia doctor prepared me for the side effects of yeast infection telling me to coat my stomach with yogurt or probiotics before I take this pill. I am on day 8 of taking this pill and I have no yeast infection. However my stool is dark and I don't care if I loose weight! My doctor prepared me for iron deficiency during the intake if this pill telling me to take an iron supplement during it's coarse.

January 10, 2014 12:31 AM

Review by wuzaromine (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Sinusitis: My doctor prescribed for sinusitis. After finishing the first round I was still having problems and called the doctor. He called in another round of the same prescription which I finished a week ago. Still having the same problem and called today. He called in Omnicef again and I am not sure if I will even pick it up. I take the full prescription as prescribed.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2013 6:06 PM

Review by t.i.g:

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: Fantastic at clearing the sinus infection. I'm on day 4 and it's almost completely gone. The first two days were miraculous. But then. Starting day 3 ... My stomach and intestines are rumbling almost constantly and I'm "pooping" brown water 5+ times a day. I'm also utterly exhausted and weak, making it virtually impossible to actually do anything. If this gets much worse, I'm going to have to stop using this before the 10-day course runs out.

November 2, 2013 1:32 PM

Review by tracy1265:

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Pneumonia: Precribed 10 days for pneumonia. 7th day presented the worst yeast infection. 35 yo female, otherwise healthy. Discontinued medication and pneumonia has not returned after 21 days.

October 11, 2013 5:05 AM

Review by Cmday2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin and Structure Infection: The doctor gave me this for an abscess. Around the third day I had bad diarrhea and horrible cramping. After a day of that I was sent to the emergency room and was diagnosed with a c. diff infection. Its been 6 months now and I still have side effects. I have to watch what I eat and I still get cramps and constantly running to the bathroom frequently. Now if I need to take an antibiotic I have to go to the gastroenterologist to make sure it is safe.

August 10, 2013 1:55 PM

Review by CoffeeGoddess (taken for less than 1 month):

For Otitis Media: Just starting day 3 of Cefdinir for double middle ear infections. Almost immediately the drainage down my throat was better and today I can actually talk without coughing each time I open my mouth so it appears to be getting rid of all the fluid. Slight amount of diarrhea, but not too bad. So far it appears to be working. Hoping that at least some of my hearing will start to return.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2013 11:08 AM

Review by AnxietyBomb (taken for less than 1 month):

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Wonderful antibiotic did not have any side effects whatsoever. It also cleared my tonsil infection.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 2:18 PM

Review by EFerrari (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I have been taking Cefdinir for three days now. The second day taking it I felt like I was getting better but the third I felt sick again. I was diagnosed with sinusitis and an ear infection. I did not have drainage in the back of my throat until I started taking this antibiotic. I'm hoping to feel better soon and hopefully Cefdinir works.

April 22, 2013 10:00 PM

Review by chemoangel (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I found this medication to be quite effective beginning on the first day of using it. I was prescribed this medication for Bronchitis, Sinus Infection, and Possible Pneumonia. It has worked wonders in draining my sinuses and helping my cough. As far as side effects go, I have none. At first there was mild nausea and a lack of appetite but that has been it. I have the liquid form of this medication and it said to take 1 teaspoon every 12 hours, but I have opted to take 1/2 teaspoon every six hours 4 times a day, which has worked out a lot better in controlling my nausea. I have one more week to go on this medication, but so far so good.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2013 12:29 PM

Review by cindy635:

For Sinusitis: Went to Urgent Care for an upper respiratory infection. Cefdinir after 1 day helped with the respiratory problem but left with suffering with intolerable diarrhea. I'm taking probiotics and just had to take a Lomotil. No pain but just pure and simple constant running to the bathroom. I'm 70 years old and consider myself an athlete and very strong. Rarely sick but this has taken me down, I stopped the Cefdinir after 5 days. Could not take it anymore.

January 6, 2013 10:54 AM

Review by wheezy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Terrible watery diarrhea and gas. Bronchitis is better though!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2013 10:32 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Good experience with this antibiotic no diarrhea, or any other side effects unlike amoxicillin and others. It is also working excellently on clearing my tonsils.

December 17, 2012 4:52 PM

Review by Gonzo29:

For Sinusitis: Doctor put me on this medicine for first time for a sinus infection. First day seem better. Second day all symptoms returned painful headache fever and chills. On seventh day went back to doctors, told her medicine wasn't working. She is running a TB test. Chest X-rays. Blood work and HIV test. Also changed to amoxicillin, it always worked before. Stopped taking cefdinir and already feeling better.

June 6, 2012 3:25 PM

For Strep Throat: Day 4 of taking it and throat still hurts and has white spots. The strep isn't going away! I have a sad insurance and am too worried that I'm going to have to spend another hundred bucks for a different antibiotic!

April 29, 2012 11:04 PM

For Sinusitis: This medicine worked great for the first few days. I had a very bad sinus infection along with a double ear infection. After a few days I developed horrible diarrhea!

April 22, 2012 3:59 PM

Review by Stardust Steve:

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Bronchitis: Within 36 hrs symptoms started to subside. Had no side effects with stomach (take with food). I suffer from bronchitis about twice a year. This medication was much more effective than Z-packs, Amoxicillin, or Cipro. I started getting mild headaches around day 4, Felt better but didn't clear up cough and wheezing.

February 7, 2012 1:24 AM

Review by surgery bound:

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: Today is day 6 of this medicine and it just isn't working. I would have thought that I would have some kind of relief by now, but not.

January 9, 2012 9:33 AM

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Strep Throat: Omnicef worked but it took until the 5th day on it to finally feel a tiny bit better. I had some side effects and my throat hurt so bad I couldn't sleep for three nights. I saw no visual difference until the 9th day. It almost looked as if on my third day it had gotten worse.

December 12, 2011 4:19 PM