User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Pneumonia 2 reviews 164 medications

Otitis Media 25 reviews 124 medications

5.6
Strep Throat 3 reviews 30 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 59 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 0 reviews 145 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cefdinir reviews 75 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Cefdinir

For Sinusitis: "Gave me diarrhea, stomach gurgling and felt thirst"

Cal girl (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I am on my 1st dose, and after having bronchitis for the past 6 days and feeling horrid, I feel 100% better after only 6 hours. No side effects as of this time. Taking in conjunction with an albuterol inhaler."

Mari001 July 2, 2015

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I get tonsilitis every year and recently I decided to go to the doctor to get some antibiotics. He prescribed me cefdinir and It worked great my tonsils cleared up but there is only problem. The side effects. I decided to not go the full 10 days and stopped using it after a week. I developed horrible vaginal itching as well as diarrhea which lead to blood in my stool. This medication did the job but I don't think I would ever take it again. Hopefully since I stopped this medication these side effects will go away soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Otitis Media: "My daughter has had over 6 ear infections, only being 22 months old. She took amox for all of them but it just didn't work. Dr gave her cefdinir (however it's spelt), and I'm pretty sure it hasn't worked.... Gives her red diarrhea, and horrible diaper rash, and she itches that area quite a bit.... She's getting tubes put in next week so hopefully that ends this horror!!"

Mandi67 June 13, 2015

For Bronchitis: "it cleared up the bronchitis in a short time frame. Side effects is fatigue, loose stools. Lots of yogurt and rest, Doctor combined it with short blast of steroids. The other doctor helped with a breathing treatment and cough medicine with codeine for night. Was nice to be able to sleep, It was a good drug for me. I am a non smoker; but the dust and stuff at work just made the cold a monster to get rid of."

Anonymous June 11, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Within 4 hours of taking the first dose of this medication my coxcyx began to itch, which was odd. About six hours after taking the first dose I had terrible, intense, painful itching that was uncontrollable throughout my groin area including vaginal and anal itching. The more I scratched the more I itched. I tried Ice, and benedryl which helped a bit so I didn't go to the hospital. In the morning the doctor changed the antibiotic and I was also given something to successfully treat for the worst yeast infection I have ever had. Several years later I had the same experience (I forgot ) and now list cefdinir as a drug allergy. I am not allergic to any of Cefdinir's relatives, or penicillin."

Dusty Rose (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

For Otitis Media: "Along with my middle ear infection my throat was sore as were the glands in my neck below the infected ear. After seven days on Cefdinir there had been no change, NONE! My doctor put me on a different antibiotic and within the first twelve hours the sore throat and swollen glands were gone...the ear still has fluid in it. Cefdinir also caused me to have terribly loose stools. In fact I quickly learned to take my evening dose by 7:00 PM if I wanted to not have to get up repeatedly to use the bathroom."

Rapture88 (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I am on day 3 of cefdinir for bronchitis. I can tell my coughing is much better but now I have horrible diarrhea, to the point I have accidents when I cough. My stomach makes horrible sounds as well. My Dr. did not tell me anything at all about the side effects so I was not prepared to take with yogurt or probiotics. And I had a horrible reaction in the past to Metformin so she should know that I already have these issues. Time for different med and Dr."

moonbeambaby May 1, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Worked great for me, knocked out my sinus infection and bronchial infection. I read the negative reviews and ate lots of yoghurt to keep my stomach from hurting."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

For Otitis Media: "My 11-month old is on day 2 of this medication (3 doses of 2.5ml a day) and he developed a rash on his stomach and back. I'm taking him off."

BJPM (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

For Bronchitis: "Chronic diarrhea after 3 days fatigue nauseated bloated. Will avoid."

Number3 February 17, 2015

For Otitis Media: "My daughter who is 1yr old was prescribed this medication for an ear infection. This is her very first one so I thought they would prescribe amoxicillin. She developed a very bad rash on her stomach, chest and back. I immediately called her doctor and they switched her meds. She's now on azithromycin, hopefully this one works. They also put her on a steroid to help with the rash. "

momof3kiddos (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2015

For Strep Throat: "I was taking this for a bacterial infection that I got in my throat. IT WAS AMAZING. The first few days my stomach hurt a little but it was nothing horrible. I felt like almost a new person by the third day. When I first started taking I came to this website wanting to read reviews and know what I was getting into and it really scared me because all of these people had horrible experiences but mine was fine. Great and don't worry if you get a little nauseous because it's normal."

Bailey card November 27, 2014

For Sinusitis: "I started taking cefdinir for a bad sore throat and sinus infection. It helped clear everything. No side effects until now. Headaches, light diarrhea, heartburn."

medina9834 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2014

For Sinusitis: "Been taking this for five days. The pressure in my sinus is lessening, and my fever is gone, but mucus production has increased, and so now my cough is worse. Does this mean it's not working? The best way I've found to avoid the adverse digestive effects (vomiting, etc) is to take a strong probiotic to replenish what the antibiotic kills. You can ask your doctor for a prescription strength probiotic (they prescribe them for patients with ulcerative colitis) or find them in pill or drink form at a health food store. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2014

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Bronchitis: "Cleared my symptoms in 24 hours after 2 days in the hospital with levaquin iv, which did nothing."

JACKTHEBEAR (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014

For Otitis Media: "Prescribed for ruptured eardrum/ear infection, on day 6 & while my ear is much better, I feel nauseous & having several loose stools a day. Also feeling very tired. I'm taking a probiotic at bedtime but it doesn't seem to be doing much. Still have 4 days to go, not sure if I'll keep taking or not. Seeing ENT doc tomorrow so we will see what he has to say. Plain old amoxicillin works for me without the nasty side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2014

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: "Worked very well for severe sinus infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2014

For Sinusitis: "I am on Day 6 of this antibiotic. I am not a huge fan of antibiotics but my vertigo and head pressure from the sinus infection was enough to get me on them. For the first 2 days I had no vertigo and head pressure, but now I experience some of it on and off the day. So I use a Neti Pot to clear out sinuses. Two days ago I had Post Nasal Drip where I ended up throwing up mucus in the middle of the night. With my experience, I have noticed a loss of appetite and have lost about 5-6 pounds. If I do not take the capsule with food I will end up with heartburn. I am looking forward to being over with this (4 more days to go) I take a probiotic in between the doses for my digestion."

Chelle913 February 5, 2014

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed this medication for sinus infection and fluid in ear. I have on my charts that I am allergic to penicillin but not sure of reaction. So doctor said this has 1% of penicillin derivative. So I tried it! First 2 days sinus seemed to get better. Then 6, and 7th day I had horrible a headache, ear aches, facial skin burning, chills and sweats. I couldn't lift my head off pillow. Took myself off the medicine and next day I was feeling better. Still have a lot of congestion but the pain in my head is gone. I feel like my head was deflated. This has to be an allergy! I learned my lesson."

eeggyy January 14, 2014

For Pneumonia: "10 days for pneumonia doctor prepared me for the side effects of yeast infection telling me to coat my stomach with yogurt or probiotics before I take this pill. I am on day 8 of taking this pill and I have no yeast infection. However my stool is dark and I don't care if I loose weight! My doctor prepared me for iron deficiency during the intake if this pill telling me to take an iron supplement during it's coarse."

Mirmie (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2014

For Sinusitis: "My doctor prescribed for sinusitis. After finishing the first round I was still having problems and called the doctor. He called in another round of the same prescription which I finished a week ago. Still having the same problem and called today. He called in Omnicef again and I am not sure if I will even pick it up. I take the full prescription as prescribed."

wuzaromine (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2013

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: "Fantastic at clearing the sinus infection. I'm on day 4 and it's almost completely gone. The first two days were miraculous. But then. Starting day 3 ... My stomach and intestines are rumbling almost constantly and I'm "pooping" brown water 5+ times a day. I'm also utterly exhausted and weak, making it virtually impossible to actually do anything. If this gets much worse, I'm going to have to stop using this before the 10-day course runs out."

t.i.g November 2, 2013

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Pneumonia: "Precribed 10 days for pneumonia. 7th day presented the worst yeast infection. 35 yo female, otherwise healthy. Discontinued medication and pneumonia has not returned after 21 days."

tracy1265 October 11, 2013

For Skin and Structure Infection: "The doctor gave me this for an abscess. Around the third day I had bad diarrhea and horrible cramping. After a day of that I was sent to the emergency room and was diagnosed with a c. diff infection. Its been 6 months now and I still have side effects. I have to watch what I eat and I still get cramps and constantly running to the bathroom frequently. Now if I need to take an antibiotic I have to go to the gastroenterologist to make sure it is safe. "

Cmday2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2013