User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Pneumonia 2 reviews 166 medications

Strep Throat 6 reviews 30 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 59 medications

Summary of Cefdinir reviews 102 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Cefdinir

For Otitis Media: "My daughter will be one this week. She was put on cefdinir for an ear infection that didn't clear after amoxicillin treatment. Today (third day) she broke out in hives on her back,chest and neck. She also has nasty reddish diarrhea that is giving her an awful diaper rash. The doctor told me to stop the medicine, give her benadryl and bring her for an appointment tomorrow morning. She is clearly allergic."

Kim2 February 8, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I suffer from multiple sinus infections every year. Three days ago I was prescribed cefdinir for the first time. It has caused unbearable nausea and diarrhea. After hearing that it has done the same for so many others, it angers me that a doctor would even consider prescribing this drug when there are other options that work better and do not have unacceptable side effects. Cefdinir is a failure in the field of medicine."

Max35 February 5, 2016

For Otitis Media: "I'm on my third ear infection and it doesn't seem to work...time for something else!"

Anonymous February 1, 2016

For Bronchitis: "This drug is awful. I finished 7 days of it and I still have side effects. It sure makes people so much sicker. Not sure why its being prescribed.... Never had so many side effects on any med. The gut issues seem to be the worst I tell everyone not to take it. Must be better drugs somewhere"

sammisol January 27, 2016

For Otitis Media: "Cefdinir is a good medication and has worked for both sinus and ear infections that I have had. All doctors should also inform their patients you MUST take a probiotic while on this medication. It eliminates the diarrhea, headaches and many other side effects I am seeing in the responses below."

Sagal January 23, 2016

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Bronchitis: "Worst experience ever. I took one capsule and two hours started diarrhea. I only took one more tablet 12 hours later. I had diarrhea for 4 weeks. I had hemorrhoid flair up. Never again will I take this drug. I think it took about 4 months to get my gut straightened out. Be very cautious of this drug"

Shutterbug 65 January 21, 2016

For Otitis Media: "My oldest son had ear infections monthly for nearly 2yrs. Doctors only prescribed cedifner when the infection was really bad, otherwise it was Amoxocillian. Both cleared his infections, though cefdiner worked faster. No reactions. My youngest son turned out to be allergic to Amoxocillian which gave him puffy horrid diaper rashes. He is only able to take Cefdiner and has no reactions to that antibiotic."

ShellMercer (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2016

For Strep Throat: "I've been on cefdinir for a week now, I still have pain,blisters, and all the side effects. I've had strep throat 5 times in the past 6 months, I'm a catcher of it. I've been on amoxicillin before too."

Sunny Thornberry January 13, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Started this to fight a sinus infection. 4 days in seemed to improve. Only negative was a bad headache. Night 4 horrible night sweats and chills to the bone. I couldn't function at work and was still getting chills and stomach cramps. Then the constant diahrrea started. Day 5 I had a fever of 102 to go along with body shakes, headache and still diahrrea. I thought it was the flu so continued medication but by day 7 have had no relief from it, called my Dr and she told me to stop meds immediately. I just stopped and hoping for some relief. I am dehydrated and weak and still can't leave the bathroom for more than 20 minutes! Bad reaction and hoping for some relief!"

NicoleMI (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Finished thus medicine only too remain sick. I think they need to rethink this one.... it was as if I took nothing. Horrible migraines for 4 days."

1ststickwoman January 2, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I saw my Dr for bad sinus infection. He prescribed cefdinir. I took the first one and within a short while was violently vomiting, sweating profusely, very weak. Called 911 to help get me off the floor into a chair to be wheeled to the car. Went to the emergency room. ER doc said nausea & vomiting due to the serious upper respiratory infection, but I see here it may have been the cefdinir. If any of the future doses make me sick, I'm going to ask for different antibiotic."

juliette10 December 31, 2015

For Sinusitis: "This is day 3 of taking the medication, and although my sinusitis symptoms have majorly improved, I now have severe diarrhea and a pounding headache every day. Between the two I can barely function. If it doesn't improve by tomorrow I'm going to call the Dr's and hopefully switch to something else."

JAJohnson79 December 30, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Terrible, terrible antibiotic. I took Z pack for my sinus infection, which usually helps but didn't this time so my doc put me on cefdinir. No problems until the 3rd day I woke up with the most terrible diarrhea I've ever had. Same the following day. It's almost 3 weeks later and I still have the diarrhea and have gone to the ER once for iv fluids to help with my dehydration. I would NOT recommend."

L1116 December 14, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Day 6 on cefdinir 300 mg. Severe headaches since day one. Taking Tylenol to help headache. Feeling better. Blowing my nose a lot so sickness is coming out. Some dizziness. Some diarrhea. Fatigued."

Star33052 December 10, 2015

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Bronchitis: "I was prescribed 300mg Omnicef. 1 capsule 2x a day. Very bad experience. I have had extreme diarrhea since the third day of taking this med. it is now 2 weeks after I finished the dose and am still experiencing problems. This med kills every "good" bacteria in your gut. I've been taking several different kinds of probiotics trying to get myself back to normal. This has been and still is an awful experience. Do not take this unless you like running to the bathroom every 30 minutes for weeks on end. I have not been able to eat much of anything and am still loosing too much weight. It is a very dangerous drug. I will NEVER take this again. "

Offroady November 20, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I am on my 4th day of the pill and although my sinusitis is almost 100% gone, I have the worst diarrhea I've ever experienced in my life. I cannot be away from the bathroom for more than 30min-an hour. I feel better physically, but this side effect is one to look out for."

fitgirl14 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I had taken this drug in the past, it made me vomit violently and diahreah. When it was prescribed for me recently I had forgotten that this was the drug that made me so sick. I took one capsule and within 3 hours was violently ill, massive diareah and vomiting...I was alone and could not even get to my phone for help, I layed on the floor of my shower for hours having episode after episode. It is nearlly 24 hours after taking it and I am in such a weakened state I will not be getting out of bed. I feel I probably should have called 911 and gone to the hospital, I still am so dehidrated. This is an evil drug!"

Topper1951 November 7, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Day 8. I have had the most severe sinus/double infection of my life and this medication has helped tremendously! I was worried it wasn't working at first but by day 5, I felt so much better!! On the down side, I have terrible headaches almost all day. I'll skip a day then the headache is back. Ibuprofen helps a little bit not much. Dizziness is terrible also. I have a little confusion and frustration at times. Its not too bad. Just the AWFUL headaches but I remember how bad my infections were before this medicine and it's worth it. Slight diarrhea but no big deal."

pandalh November 2, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I felt MUCH better rather quickly, however, roughly 3 days into the medication I experienced diarhea which subsided by day 5 and was followed by horrid itching of my anus. On day 9 the itching had spread to my lady areas. I am miserable and will never take this again...."

Miserably Itchy October 31, 2015

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Strep Throat: "I was diagnosed with strep, nasal infection, and a ear infection about 5 days ago. I took cefdinir as directed for 5 days and saw little to no results. Some side affects for me that were not listed were my stool smelling of the dissolved pill and also my urine."

Strepd out (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I took this medication for a respiratory infection. It gave me severe, relentless diarrhea that I am still suffering from a year later. I have been hospitalized numerous times from it. It has completely disabled me."

This Drug Ruined My Life (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Day 7 for sinus infection. No different. No side effects ... nothing. As if I never started taking anything. Still have sinus infection"

What does it matter (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Strep Throat: "Bad antibiotic ... never worked neither for me nor for my kids ... try anything else... 2 days ago I went to hospital with acute throat infection they passed an antibiotic into my bloodstream using a cannula , I went home feeling much better but since they put me on omnicif after wasting too much time taking 2 tablets it came back . Now I am feeling very painful in my throat again."

Osamarabadi September 30, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I noticed after the second day of taking Cefdinir 300 mg, I started to experience bad headaches. My sore throat feels better, but my head aches everyday. So, now that I know what is making my head hurt so bad I am discontinuing the use of this medication. I had no issues with Amoxicillin, I will ask if he can change my meds over."

Melanie A. September 25, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I have been taking this medicine for seven days now for bronchitis and ear infection.. I felt better after two days then everything hit me again.. Now I have been having persistent diarrhea gargling stomach and itching.."

Anonymous 1414 (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2015