User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Pneumonia 2 reviews 181 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 71 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1 reviews 159 medications

Summary of Cefdinir reviews 117 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Cefdinir

For Otitis Media: "My 17 month old was put on this antibiotic for a double ear infection. Infection was clear by day 5 but my son was allergic and broke out into a horrible rash all over his body."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "HORRIBLE. Was prescribed 300mg x1 daily. Day one was sharp pains in lower intestines. Day 2 was worse, with acid reflux that was the worst I ever had. I tried Apple Cider Vinegar, Pepto, Oatmeal, Omeprazole. Almost went to ER. Finally started to subside after 6 hours. I stopped it and still had pains in lower intestines for next few days. And a Panic attack 2nd day off. WORST STUFF EVER!!! IT must be bad. Even one of the manufacturer's discontinued it. SO many bad reviews too. For what I was being treated for I was actually suppose to be on 300mg x. 2 I am so glad that PA was a dope and got it wrong. A NEW PA diagnosed me differently and put me on Cipro. FDA Should make Companies refund us/system for crap like this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

For Otitis Media: "5 month old infant Rxd cefdinir for ear infection; next morning, diaper full of bloody diarrhea ; to ER; MD said ear infection not serious enough for antibx; DC Cefdiner ; cont to treat "pink eye" with drops."

Gran Jordan May 7, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Day 5 of 7, 300mg bid, and still having fevers and persistent cough. I went back to clinic and saw NP and she gave me a Z-pak, a dexamethasone IM, and rocephin shot. I hope to feel better soon. This medication didn't help me but it didn't give me diarrhea either. I don't recommend it."

Bella1122 May 2, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Do not take this drug. I am not allergic to any antibiotics and haven't ever had a bad experience. Because of this drug, I am now fighting a very serious c difficile infection. Most people haven't even heard of c diff, but when you do, your life changes. C difficile isn't as treatable as the internet suggests. This drug is absolutely the reason my life has changed. Do not take it. In fact, ANYTIME you take an antibiotic, take a probiotic (spaced away from the antibiotic dose) with it. And another thing I've learned, there are certain antibiotics you should ask for--NARROW spectrum, ALWAYS. Broad-spectrum antibiotics destroy your gut. If you have to take a broad-spectrum antibiotic, supplement with a probiotic. I cannot stress this enough!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: "I have been on this for 5 days, sort of working, still have the headache though. I haven't really had any side affects yet. But I was given a 21 day dosage for (2) 300mg capsules. I have had 4 sinus infections since January. Hope it helps get rid of the headache. It has helped with the drainage and coughing though."

Bootscasper April 25, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I've tried Cefdinir twice. It helped my infection but in both cases I could not finish the drug because of severe nausea and vomiting. I won't take it again."

Rose118 April 18, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Day 10 my 10yr old son started painful itching. Took advil, zyrtec & called Dr. Instructed to give Benadryl. Next day welts all over, hot red rash coming & going in waves. Severe joint pain, cough & puffiness around eyes. Dr. reluctant to classify reaction as allergy to antibiotic, pointed out that he'd taken same antibiotic 5 months prior & no reaction. I suggested that 1st exposure = sensitized & 2nd exposure elicits reaction. Pedi finally agreed with Mom's assessment, prescribed oral steroid. Six days later, moderate symptom control on double dose benadryl, 20mg prednisone, albuterol for shortness of breath. Dr says not anaphylaxis. I suspect otherwise & have epipen. He's only comfortable when medicated. Bad drug!"

Good4life March 31, 2016

For Bronchitis: "After receiving this medication, nothing has changed at all! I still have fevers, coughing fits, and a horrible headache. It hurts to lift my head off of the pillows and even walk around since my joints hurt from the fevers. Matter of fact, my fevers have been increasing rather than decreasing! Other medications I have taken worked as soon as I ingested it. I would not recommend to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Sinusitis: "300mg. Took medicine once a day for ten days. First day went smoothly, second day and onward, terrible headache in the center of my forehead and on the right side of my head. No other side effects. Around the fourth day, I called the pharmacist and they advised that I take it at night before bed before the headache sets in. Best decision."

Simoneee March 26, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Diarrhea after day 2, i stopped after 7th day when i started vomiting, by then, sinus infection was twice as bad. & this med added, bronchial infection, sneezing, itchy eyes & nose. I feel like the Dr prescribed it to watch me like a ginnue pig. Dr office just said, well those are the side effects."

Vtchgo March 8, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "After 3 days of taking this medication I was suffering from constant gastrointestinal issues, which is something I have never experienced on antibiotics before even with probiotics. On day 4 I began with severe itching, burning, and hives and returned to the doctor. This antibiotic also seemed to have little affect on my original illness. I am now on a Z pack and feel much better. Now I have to be on a long course of Prednisone for my allergic reaction which has yet to subside. This by far has been the worst antibiotic I have ever taken in my life. Never ever again!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I took Z Pack for full pack and still had upper respitory infection so my Dr prescribed this. I took it for 2 days and then started severe diarrhea and after taking it for 5 days I had to call 911 to get to the hospital. I was so dehydrated with diarrhea and nausea so bad I had to be hospitalized for six days! I see I'm not the only one that had these side effects."

Ihatethisdrug February 23, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I am a 47 year old female that has asthma. I was only breathing 200 in my peak flow meter when I should have a peak flow of 400. I had bronchitis from catching a cold. My doctor prescribed this to me and I got a horrible headache and felt nauseous after the first pill so I stopped taking them. I started reading about food combining, changed my diet and shortly after and became healthier."

Anonymous February 19, 2016

For Otitis Media: "My daughter will be one this week. She was put on cefdinir for an ear infection that didn't clear after amoxicillin treatment. Today (third day) she broke out in hives on her back,chest and neck. She also has nasty reddish diarrhea that is giving her an awful diaper rash. The doctor told me to stop the medicine, give her benadryl and bring her for an appointment tomorrow morning. She is clearly allergic."

Kim2 February 8, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I suffer from multiple sinus infections every year. Three days ago I was prescribed cefdinir for the first time. It has caused unbearable nausea and diarrhea. After hearing that it has done the same for so many others, it angers me that a doctor would even consider prescribing this drug when there are other options that work better and do not have unacceptable side effects. Cefdinir is a failure in the field of medicine."

Max35 February 5, 2016

For Otitis Media: "I'm on my third ear infection and it doesn't seem to work...time for something else!"

Anonymous February 1, 2016

For Bronchitis: "This drug is awful. I finished 7 days of it and I still have side effects. It sure makes people so much sicker. Not sure why its being prescribed.... Never had so many side effects on any med. The gut issues seem to be the worst I tell everyone not to take it. Must be better drugs somewhere"

sammisol January 27, 2016

For Otitis Media: "Cefdinir is a good medication and has worked for both sinus and ear infections that I have had. All doctors should also inform their patients you MUST take a probiotic while on this medication. It eliminates the diarrhea, headaches and many other side effects I am seeing in the responses below."

Sagal January 23, 2016

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Bronchitis: "Worst experience ever. I took one capsule and two hours started diarrhea. I only took one more tablet 12 hours later. I had diarrhea for 4 weeks. I had hemorrhoid flair up. Never again will I take this drug. I think it took about 4 months to get my gut straightened out. Be very cautious of this drug"

Shutterbug 65 January 21, 2016

For Otitis Media: "My oldest son had ear infections monthly for nearly 2yrs. Doctors only prescribed cedifner when the infection was really bad, otherwise it was Amoxocillian. Both cleared his infections, though cefdiner worked faster. No reactions. My youngest son turned out to be allergic to Amoxocillian which gave him puffy horrid diaper rashes. He is only able to take Cefdiner and has no reactions to that antibiotic."

ShellMercer (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2016

For Strep Throat: "I've been on cefdinir for a week now, I still have pain,blisters, and all the side effects. I've had strep throat 5 times in the past 6 months, I'm a catcher of it. I've been on amoxicillin before too."

Sunny Thornberry January 13, 2016

For Strep Throat: "My daughter diagnosed with some Infection nd dr. Prescribed her omnicef. After first dose she had her upper lip swollen badly, we called the dr. nd she changed the medicine to azythromicine. But it's been 2 days my daughter still developing full body rashes every 6 hours. AND it's definitely omnicef side effects. Never gonna use it again."

Mom of hafsa January 13, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Started this to fight a sinus infection. 4 days in seemed to improve. Only negative was a bad headache. Night 4 horrible night sweats and chills to the bone. I couldn't function at work and was still getting chills and stomach cramps. Then the constant diahrrea started. Day 5 I had a fever of 102 to go along with body shakes, headache and still diahrrea. I thought it was the flu so continued medication but by day 7 have had no relief from it, called my Dr and she told me to stop meds immediately. I just stopped and hoping for some relief. I am dehydrated and weak and still can't leave the bathroom for more than 20 minutes! Bad reaction and hoping for some relief!"

NicoleMI (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Finished thus medicine only too remain sick. I think they need to rethink this one.... it was as if I took nothing. Horrible migraines for 4 days."

1ststickwoman January 2, 2016