User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Skin and Structure Infection 2 reviews 59 medications

Urinary Tract Infection 4 reviews 174 medications

Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth 1 reviews 4 medications

Summary of Augmentin reviews 149 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Augmentin

For Strep Throat "Medicine is working excellent, however, the side effects are intense. Severe diarrhea, horrible headache within an hour of each dose that gets worse when I stand. I'm only on day 3 of a 10 day cycle."

Anona (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

For Sinusitis "Everyone's system is different. What you have to do is take probiotics, I drink kefir, 4 hours after you take the augmentin. This and plenty of water, will help most people. Always always always eat plenty of food with augmentin, and always take probiotics in intervals, to replace the good bacteria. Do not take them at the same time, else you will just kill the probiotic good bacteria"

divinetrust January 30, 2016

For Kidney Infections "Augmentin makes me completely sick! I must be like the 1% who is allergic to it! I always have to list it as an allergy and make sure something else is prescribed instead of this!"

HateBeingSick January 27, 2016

For Sinusitis "Throat infection/headache/ear infection. Four days twice a day helped me get rid of it. Just drink a lot of water people"

Dana ak (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "The pills are so big I had to split in half and the pills smell bad however the medication works for my skin infection"

s1nkeria January 16, 2016

For Sinusitis "Day 4 of 875 mg of augmentin. I have a severe sinus infection, a inner ear infection along with a "sizeable" hole in my eardrum "

jcblockhead15 January 3, 2016

For Sinusitis "I did not have any side effects. Loose stool the first few days bit not what I would consider diarrhea. I'm not sure if it worked though. It helped my ears but I still have a slight sinus headache. Just finished the 10th day. Two doses a day."

HeatherLynn87 December 28, 2015

For Sinusitis "After a couple of hours after taking an 875 mg tab, my stomach became rock hard. I had the most debilitating stomach cramps known to man. I've never vomited as much and as hard as I did that day. The diarrhea was like I was urinating out of my anus. After drinking a bottle of kiefer, I was good again"

Leon G. December 27, 2015

For Sinusitis "3 hours after my first dose of Augmentin 875 I started vomiting in addition to diarrhea. I thought I had a stomach flu. I waited 5-6 days to restart the antibiotic. Well 3 hours after that dose guess where I was, in the bathroom vomiting again for several hours! I will NEVER take this medicine again!!! I've had Augmentin before but only experienced nausea. Not anymore! :("

Amy7231 December 26, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Yes it is absolutely useful for infectious acne. It is one of the best and also less harmful."

DAVID2015 December 24, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Had a really bad infected impacted wisdom tooth and dentist prescribed augmentin. This antibiotic works really good. Only side effect was diarrhea. Infection cleared up in about 4 days."

TyTy3643 December 6, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I have had Augmentin or its generic prescribed for my sinus upper resp infections for 15 years. It Always works. It sometimes takes 15-21 days as I've had many sinus surgeries, but by the end I am clear and good to go! Cipro takes longer and Levaquin made me lose my sense of smell for a year!"

Sinu-Girl (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2015

For Sinusitis "I'm almost done with a 10 day course of 875 mg of Augmentin, twice daily. I don't feel any relief. I'm taking Flonase and generic Allegra D as well. None of it helps."

A76marie (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Intense abdominal pain. Bloody diarrhea. Loss of blood from diarrhea causing excessive weakness. Resulting in 6 day intensive care in hospital."

skipbob November 16, 2015

For Otitis Media "The side effects of this drug were so awful I now fear antibiotics. It gave me severe headaches, extreme fatigue accompanied by inability to sleep, nausea, itchy skin. It also affected my mental health. I felt sad and sat crying my eyes out for no obvious reason. Truly horrible experience."

Angielcfc October 23, 2015

For Sinusitis "Sinuses started clearing after about two days but my tongue began to swell a little. I also had tongue soreness and developed ulcers on my tongue as well. Chest tightness also occurred. I will never take this drug again as this is the second time I've had a bad experience with it."

R Cloke October 12, 2015

For Sinusitis "This is my second time using Augmentin. Before this it was used for an ear infection, and now for sinusitis. Symptoms cleared up almost exactly when my doctor said they would- about 2 days in each time. Symptoms have been minimal with only minor stomach upset. Taken with probiotics several hours apart from it regularly I managed to avoid a yeast infection."

Respo October 7, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Took for a gum infection after an extraction - no side effects whatsoever and did the job! Good stuff!!"

PLA12 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2015

For Strep Throat "This is the ONLY antibiotic I have been prescribed that cures the bacterial infection that comes along with streptococcus. Zithromax or Z packs (azithromycin) are useless for me due to complete antibiotic resistance to that drug. Also, regular amoxicillin is ineffective due to antibiotic resistance. This medication is powerful and can cause side effects such as diarrhea but you can take Imodium (loperamide) for that which I highly recommend during the course of this treatment along with drinking plenty of fluids such as water and Gatorade to maintain electrolytes. This is a 10 day course of medication and is highly effective. I recommend this as a FIRST course of treatment due to antibiotic resistance."

Frank26 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2015

For Sinusitis "Augmentin: The first time I took it was about 8 yrs ago. It did the job quick but I had diarrhea for about a year. {not kidding! also developed plantar fasciitis for a brief period possibly due to a lack of certain nutrients, caused by the extended bout of diarrhea} I did not know what probiotics are at the time!?:( I blamed myself and that other guy, My doctor for not mentioning the benefits of probiotics. Probiotics maintain a healthy level of good bacteria that most antibiotics will destroy, This prevents or minimizes greatly any diarrhea. Augmentin also contains clavulanic acid which causes the upset stomach. Ranitidine, which is an acid reducer can help soften the sour stomach often associated with augmentin. Augmentin does work!!!"

Anonymous August 31, 2015

For Sinusitis "I suffer from chronic sinus infections and migraine headaches. I usually can tell if a sinus infection has taken hold when sumatriptan ( migraine med) is not working! first go round a couple year ago with Augmentin 875 mg big pills was awful, and I experienced what others reported with horrible chemo like diareah effects, barely made it through 5 of 10 days, but felt better in head afterwards. decided to gut it out again a couple years later with another sinus infection after weaker antibiotics did not work and had a much easier time with augmentin. perhaps body needs to adjust yo this med, but thank god it works!"

vicrom (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was given Augmentin to take after I Got an ear infection in the left ear but also had a perferated ear drum on the right. I went to the drs after a week and not only had the infection started to heal I now had an infection in both ears. He prescribed me more and seemed stumped as to why i was not improving. Its now been 2 weeks and I have suffered diarrhea and have been dealing with thrush for the past 3 days. On top of this I am constantly in a massive state of confusion and my skin is dry and red, my pill have ceased to work. I have stopped taking them and am seeing the dr tomorrow. Not only did the antibiotics not help my original problem now i have a whole list of other issues i need to fix."

Anonymous August 15, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I took augmentin for 3 days and developed severe tachycardia. My heart rate even went to 180 where I had to end up going to the emergency room. Left there with orders not to take augmentin and was given prescriptions for ativan (my resting heart rate was 130) and clindamycin"

toothache that cost me $3500 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

For Sinusitis "had sinusitis for 3 weeks and got augmentine for medication. I'm on my 3rd day now and thinking of stopping as it gave me severe headache. couldn't do any work, just laying on the bed battling with it. augmentine is good, for most people, but not for me though."

Denise Alliman July 22, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I have adult acne and rosacea due to pcos. I have redness, welt type acne, rash type scne, black/white heads on my face. When taking Augmentin, all my skin problems dissappear within 2-5 days and my face stays clear while taking the prescription. Augmentin is a Godsend."

Carpediembaby (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 21, 2015