User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Kidney Infections 1 reviews 83 medications

Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Augmentin reviews 129 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Augmentin

For Sinusitis "I suffer from chronic sinus infections and migraine headaches. I usually can tell if a sinus infection has taken hold when sumatriptan ( migraine med) is not working! first go round a couple year ago with Augmentin 875 mg big pills was awful, and I experienced what others reported with horrible chemo like diareah effects, barely made it through 5 of 10 days, but felt better in head afterwards. decided to gut it out again a couple years later with another sinus infection after weaker antibiotics did not work and had a much easier time with augmentin. perhaps body needs to adjust yo this med, but thank god it works!"

vicrom (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was given Augmentin to take after I Got an ear infection in the left ear but also had a perferated ear drum on the right. I went to the drs after a week and not only had the infection started to heal I now had an infection in both ears. He prescribed me more and seemed stumped as to why i was not improving. Its now been 2 weeks and I have suffered diarrhea and have been dealing with thrush for the past 3 days. On top of this I am constantly in a massive state of confusion and my skin is dry and red, my pill have ceased to work. I have stopped taking them and am seeing the dr tomorrow. Not only did the antibiotics not help my original problem now i have a whole list of other issues i need to fix."

Anonymous August 15, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I took augmentin for 3 days and developed severe tachycardia. My heart rate even went to 180 where I had to end up going to the emergency room. Left there with orders not to take augmentin and was given prescriptions for ativan (my resting heart rate was 130) and clindamycin"

toothache that cost me $3500 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

For Sinusitis "had sinusitis for 3 weeks and got augmentine for medication. I'm on my 3rd day now and thinking of stopping as it gave me severe headache. couldn't do any work, just laying on the bed battling with it. augmentine is good, for most people, but not for me though."

Denise Alliman July 22, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I have adult acne and rosacea due to pcos. I have redness, welt type acne, rash type scne, black/white heads on my face. When taking Augmentin, all my skin problems dissappear within 2-5 days and my face stays clear while taking the prescription. Augmentin is a Godsend."

Carpediembaby (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 21, 2015

For Sinusitis "Suffered for almost a week before heading to the doctor. My sinus infection had gotten so bad it lead to an ear infection. After trying to self medicate for almost a week (HUGE FAIL) I finally gave in. My lovely doctor prescribed Augmentin. I started Augmentin Thursday and today I am almost feeling like myself again. No negative side affects for me whatsoever :) pretty satisfied "

Feeling Way Better (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

For Sinusitis "Had the worst sinus infection of my life and couldn't sleep for 2 days. my sinuses felt like concrete. After 2 days on Augmentin I finally felt relief. It took 7 days to completely get rid of the infection. No side effects, maybe because I'm 6 ft 7 and weigh 260 lbs and had more body mass."

TallPaul July 4, 2015

"Well I took augmentin for 5 days and I solved my problem along with a probiotic. But it had started making me nauseous and felt like vomiting. I would say it effective though."

StephenJ1023 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Sinusitis "Day two and I already can breathe out of both nostrils!. My stomach feels a little weird but not terrible. 875 X 2"

sinuses June 27, 2015

For Strep Throat "I had a wicked bout of strep while travelling in Europe. I had a round of Amoxicillin which didn't quite clear it, so I was prescribed Augmentin. I had 30 hours of travel ahead of me, and two hours of sleep to go on, but despite the circumstances, I began to feel much better! The only side effects I've had so far have been that the acne on my cheeks has completely cleared up and I have better than average energy levels (not sure if either of these are related to the Augmentin, but the timing lines up perfectly)."

kat2332 (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

For Sinusitis "Monday morning I went to my doctor and she diagnosed me with Sinusitis, and prescribed me with Augmentin. I took my first dose at around 11 am, 4 hours later I was feeling terribly nauseous with awful cramps. Though the medication had helped subside the pain in my head, there was a newfound pain in stomach. I stopped taking the medication on Wednesday because the stomach pains were unbearable. In my experience, this medication helped get rid of my sinus infection but now I am suffering through daily nausea and cramps and I have been off the antibiotics for 2 days."

GriffinHoover23 May 21, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Great response & no problems! In a 3x lung ca. Pt."

Cancerman (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

For Otitis Media "I have chronic otitis media problem which I had since I was 14 (I am now 37) and the 1gm dose of Augmentin for a week, 1 tablet daily - is by far the best solution for me. Experienced a bit if nausea but its not so bad. This is the best antibiotics for my otitis media condition for now. Love it!!!"

Shewsbury May 12, 2015

For Sinusitis "I have had episodes of Acute Sinusitis throughout many years and whenever I take this I feel better yet somewhat worse when I stop it. I does do the job with little to no side effects for me personally"

Sinus sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

For Sinusitis "Seem to work very well. I have had a sinus infection for over a week and was feeling miserable. I started taking Augmentin yesterday and today I already feel 90% better! Yay! I think it is very important to take a high potency good bacteria pill (forgetting right now what they are called!) Very pleased with this perscription"

carolyn74 May 1, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Several side effects from this drug: diarrhea, slight headache, nausea, stomach cramping, oral thrush, yeast infection. But, the infection did clear up."

Texgal2 April 19, 2015

For Sinusitis "Augmentin gave me a debilitating, unbelievably severe headache. I thought I was going to die due to my head imploding with pain. I was literally screaming! Never again for me..."

Korine April 14, 2015

For Sinusitis "Had really bad sinus infection that lead to bronchitis that stemmed from bad allergies due to a dry, dusty environment and a plane ride home. Suffered for a week before heading to the doctor. Was placed on Augmentin and after 1 day had immediate relief and wheezing was under control in my chest. Wonder medication for infections!"

Sinus sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

For Sinusitis "I took one pill at 7 p.m. with food and was awake at midnight with diarrhea and nausea. I was up constantly for 3 hours. I'll be going to the doctor as soon as they open for a different med!"

aigevaT (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "The pharmacist, physician, nurse told me Augmentin could or may give me diarrhea. So I started eating the BRAT diet and yogurt and drinking a lot of water. Mild/dull stomach discomfort with mild cramping on days 1 and 2. Day 3 is when diarrhea started. On the 7 days order."

R_R March 11, 2015

For Sinusitis "Colds turn into sinus infections pretty easily on me. Yes I wait a while before I go to the doctor for antibiotics as most sinus infections are viral. By the time I went to the doc with this one I was MISERABLE. Hurting down into my jaw even. Within a few hours of taking the first pill there was relief. I never knew I could have so much disgusting stuff come out of my nose. I always take probiotics (especially while on antibiotics) to decrease GI side effects. TAKE PROBIOTICS. Nausea and diarrhea are possible with any antibiotic."

Ahhhh (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Best medicine I've used to treat this particular infection. Amoxicillin and Bactrim aren't as effective for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Cleared up my symptoms within a couple of days. Felt much better after day 8. No side effects, as I also take acidophilus."

BlinkyLoo February 2, 2015

For Strep Throat "Still sick and throat hurts sfter 36 hrs"

ghhrf (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2015

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed Augmfnyin 875 twice a day for a severe sinus infection and just after two pills (one day) I could see light at the end of a dark stuffy congested tunnel...I began feeling much better almost immediately but a side effect that almost subways happens to me with antibiotics....I got a yeast infection! My doctor told me that this is common because an antibiotics job is to kill bacteria all whether good or bad....these include bacterial that naturally occur and are normal in the vaginal tract so my doctor usually prescribes something for a yeast infection. Other than that taken with food I did not have any side effects and feel much better..it's amazing how quickly it works. After being miserable for days, I'm very happy!"

Works fast but as a female... (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2015