User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Kidney Infections 1 reviews 92 medications

Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Augmentin reviews 90 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Augmentin

Review by HoosierAnna: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: Had a nasty sinus infection - my entire head seemed locked in a vacuum-grip of pressure, snot, and general awfulness. I felt dizzy, exhausted, irritated, and I think it even began to affect my thinking. I thought it was just a common cold but nope, the real deal. Augmentin 875, 2x/day for 10 days seems to have cleared it out, mostly. BUT HERE'S THE KEY, FOLKS --> Take a good probiotic every morning, about 3 or 4 hours before you take the first dose of Augmentin. Then, when it's time to take your Augmentin, take it with a LOT of food, and take it after the first or second bite of your meal. You'll get through it, and may it heal you as it seems to have healed me. No side effects for me, and I'm one sensitive, hypochondriacal mess normally!

March 6, 2014 11:27 PM
Review by strep: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: My Dr told me to drink it down with water and then eat yogurt or probiotic an hour after each dose and I never got sick and she said if you don't drink enough water you will get the runs , so I drank tons and never got it , I am too happy .I had been suffering for two months.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 27, 2014 1:03 PM
Review by S. RICHARD RAJ: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: My worst nightmare started with uncontrollable sneezing in the evening which later developed into severe throat pain and musculoskeletal pain with temperatures shooting up to 103. The physician (whom I consulted in the absence of my family physician) prescribed cefixime and Azithromycin (200 500) combination twice a day, but the progress was very slow with the temp remaining high at 103. Fortunately, my physician returned and I consulted again and was prescribed Augmentin 625 twice a day for 3 days. Within a day, I found excellent improvement and the second day the strep pharyngitis completely subsided.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 6, 2014 9:25 AM
Review by tnarmyman: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: I took this medicine for a sinus infection. Worked great for that but the side effects for me were unbearable. On day 7 of the medicine I had the worst stomach cramps that I have ever had and diarrhea. Sleepiness was a constant, slept all day and night. Had no desire to eat at all. Had chills, cough, fever, severe headaches, irritability, heartburn and greatly decreased frequency of urination.

February 2, 2014 1:17 PM
Review by DavidM77: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Was prescribed Augmentin for sinus and upper respiratory infection and within 48 Hrs I felt remarkably better. Before taking any meds I felt as bad as I have ever felt with any type of cold related illness. I will now request this Med next time I have any similar illness. I did not experience any side effects except maybe a little thirsty. If so it was minor enough that I wasn't 100% sure that it was even a side effect.

November 19, 2013 1:17 PM
Review by Crickettandweez: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Pneumonia: Diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia two days ago. Had a fever of 102 at that point. Within two days, I don't have a fever. I am beginning to cough up the infection where I struggled before. I have to be open and add that I was also given prednisone to take. Between the two, at the end of the second day, I am beginning to feel better. Still a ways off but I feel a difference.

November 16, 2013 7:34 PM
Review by MarGuy1 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: Had Sinusitis for ten days, finally went on Augmentin 1g, after a couple of days my symptoms had 80% resolved. I'm on day 4 now and all symptoms have 100% resolved. No side effects. Great antibiotic.

October 20, 2013 4:51 PM
Review by Sam89: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I was put on Augmentin for my upper respiratory infection and sinus infection that I had at the same time as each other. After taking it for 2 days I was feeling 80% better. People told me to watch out for side effects such as upset stomach and loose stool, I made sure to have a yogurt before each pill I took and never had an issue.

August 26, 2013 9:45 PM
Review by ma2wycode (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: Have acute sinusitis, with severe migraine, dizziness, facial pain, TMJ, eye swelling. Was prescribed Augmentin, seems to be working just after 1 days use! I already had severe stomach ache, doc said that's normal for acute sinusitis because all the dripping from the sinuses down our throats, which ends up stewing in our poor bellies! So I really notice no difference with tummyache yet.

August 16, 2013 6:07 AM
Review by john Zacca:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: Acted quickly. Had strep throat and Dr prescribed Bactrim which didn't help. I went back and Dr gave Augmentin and with few hours was feeling much better. Some stomach issues when taking medicine.

July 22, 2013 1:45 PM
Review by dkhutton (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: After taking my second Augmentin pill I had horrible nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. I ended up in the hospital for severe dehydration.

June 22, 2013 8:38 PM
Review by Donna louise (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Urinary Tract Infection: After a few days taking Augmentin I had shortness of breath, dizziness and my tongue starting to swell up. My skin felt like was on fire. I had to go to ER, doctor there said I was allergic to that medicine.

May 5, 2013 6:03 PM
Review by phantom jet pilot (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin and Structure Infection: I have an active pilonidal cyst. For those not familiar with this condition, it is extremely painful. It involves a massive infection. I have been treated with Augmentin XR for 11 days so far. After about 8 days, I could feel a noticeable improvement. It works great, however, it is rather rough on your digestive system.

April 19, 2013 9:19 AM
Review by cabg: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: Had bronchitis after five weeks from having CABG surgery. My doctor prescribed Augmentin and it worked after having the first pill. At this time I am in my second day and the fever is gone minor cough and to my surprise my sinuses are clearing too since I have chronic sinus alergies.

April 11, 2013 2:07 AM
Review by Darine Ba:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: On the 5th day, I experienced dizziness, fatigue, tachycardia and my muscles were very weak. I could barely focus and my hands were shaking.

March 5, 2013 7:42 AM
Review by LexiLex: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: I had a severe sinus infection and went on Augmentin 875, it has helped. No more headache and facial pain. I was extremely dizzy, nausea, loss of appetite, severe mood/personality change, and hyperactivity. I went off the medicine on day 5, could'nt take the side effects.

February 22, 2013 11:54 AM
Review by Sunny95124: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: I felt like crap 36 hours ago (headache, toothache, congested nose) but feel SO much better after 4 doses. I should have gone to the doctor sooner. Mild impact on my digestion, but I'll take that any day in lieu of the debilitating headache and toothache I was experiencing.

February 11, 2013 1:08 AM
Review by EllieMaeW: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: I have horrible allergies and get frequent sinus and ear infections. Have been on Z pack, Amoxicillin & Biaxin. Augmentin is the only thing that clears it up. Minimal side effects (some mild nausea) and fast acting.

February 3, 2013 9:13 AM
Review by Irispr: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: Had a terrible sinus infection and was prescribed Augmentin, It began to work an hour later. No side effects.

December 15, 2012 6:55 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: The throat pain is gone but have serious diarrhea. However have been wondering about implications in breastfeeding.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 14, 2012 11:43 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I take Augmentin when I get a sinus infection and it works fast.

November 3, 2012 10:53 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: I had a really bad fever and swollen tonsils and this medicine did make all the symptoms go away but after about three days of taking it I now feel sick from the constant diarrhea and nausea.

October 3, 2012 12:05 AM
Review by Tupac101 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Kidney Infections: Great

September 23, 2012 3:09 PM
Review by Cool Mamaw: User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: Medicine worked great re: double infections; couple days I could feel difference. HOWEVER, side effects were terrible; still around after completing 10-day treatment. Even with daily probiotics and yogurt the digestive/intestinal issues were bad, constant trips to bathroom; eating would immediately create "stomach talk"; could not leave house; had to cancel family trip as travel would have been difficult. Lethargic, weak, blurry vision, exhausted; with all of this it really affected my mentality. FYI: On the 2nd day when side effects began, I spoke with my pharmacist who encouraged me to stay on it if I could endure these "common" side effects, none being allergic. It has worked but still healing from side effects.

September 21, 2012 2:27 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: I have taken this medication twice. Both times I developed severe diarrhea that lasted several weeks. I could not leave the house for any reason because the diarrhea was almost constant.

September 15, 2012 3:16 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 Next

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video