User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Skin and Structure Infection 2 reviews 71 medications

5.8
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth 1 reviews 4 medications

Summary of Augmentin reviews 167 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Augmentin

For Strep Throat "So, got another strep infection. Haven't had one in a couple years. But you can always tell because you get fever and chills (like seizure shaking), pain when you swallow, and my tell-tale sign--dragon-hot Fire breath. Anyway, checked my throat out and it was bright red with white spots, patches of pus. I went to urgent care on my lunch and sure enough rapid strep test positive. I was prescribed augmentin 875 twice per day for 10 days. I just took my third pill and I already feel so much better. Wish I hadn't have waited 2 days."

Nurse Kate (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "After 10 day dosage I developed severe diarrhea with bloody stools.(C-diff) Went to ER and was diagnosed with c-diff. Have been I'll ever since and am now lactose intolerant. Took metronidazole for 14 days but still have symptoms . Horrible experience."

Jodi4merom April 15, 2016

For Sinusitis "Completely and totally killed the sinus infection. Ive lost some sense of smell."

AEJ2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

For Strep Throat "On tamiflu for the flu, zpack for strep-throat and motrin for pain and fever. Day 2: me begging please give me penicillin please.. my throat began to swell and was covered with infection. I went to urgent care and was given prednisone shot along with Rocephin shot. Followed with prescription for prednisone, augmentin and diflucan. IMMEDIATELY the augment kick the hell out of the strep-throat. I began spitting out the infection.. the flu symptoms subsided. And all is right in the world. I had the runs, upset stomach and yeast infection.. all of those pale in comparison to strep-throat and the flu"

AEJ2 April 10, 2016

For Sinusitis "I am currently staying in the hospital overnight with an infected colon ( thought it was appendicitis it was so close), crazy watery diarrhea, vomiting, severe stomach cramps, and therefore dehydration. I have never had digestive problems like this and I've never been in a hospital overnight. This is seriously because of augmentin. Do not take this drug!"

Ughhhhh (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Strep Throat "Am now on day 2 of meds still in horrible pain.hurts so much to swallow any type of food or water.. Fever is under control thanks to round the clock advil and Tylenol.no relief as of yet hoping that it starts to help.."

still in severe pain March 31, 2016

For Bronchitis "Excellent antibiotic for bronchitis! I haven't been sick in over 1 year since full time retirement as a nurse manager; Spring hit early in Rhode Island, with its fluctuating temperatures & abounding viruses/bacteria and wham! Sickness W a nagging cough and productive sputum came with it. Augmentin for 7"days was prescribed by the NP. On day 4, and feeling much better"

RetiredRN2 March 30, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I was prescribed this twice a day for 7 days. I'm halfway through and I recently developed severe headaches, decreased appreciate, decreased urination, and shortness of breath. No diahrrea yet, but I did feel nauseous this morning. I hope not to get diahrrea because I'm trying to heal an anal fissure. I tested negative for some common STDs so I don't know what I have but my groin lymph nodes still seem to be swollen. :/"

SadBirdie (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

"This Medicene makes me sick!!! Nauseated so bad.! Will call Doctor to see if their is another option. No way I can take this for several more days."

Drun March 25, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "Makes me feel anxious buzzing in ears..took the infection away but it makes me feel off..calling the dr in the morning to get off this crap"

Never again will i use it (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Had UTI. Took Augmentin 875 twice a day for 2 weeks. Worked like a charm. Took it with Greek Yogurt and had no gastrointestinal problems."

Dave 2 March 11, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I took this medicine for a tooth abscess that couldn't be drained during root canal. Severe diarrhea, headaches, minor heartburn and I felt as though my throat were closing (doc said minor allergic reaction). I have been taking a probiotic and eating yogurt but it hasn't helped with the stomach upset at all. It helped with the abscess but 8 days later it isn't completely cleared. I've been switched to Clindamycin due to the tightening in my throat. Scared to death and sick of antibiotics."

Tired of antibiotics (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I been on Augmentin for 7 days now. It is helping my upper respiratory infection but I'm having anxiety and very loose stools (very dark diarrhea) also my heart beats faster than normal too. I've only got 3 days left to take it. I'll be glad when it's done. I also feel fatigued and a little blurry eyes. My body is very sensitive to drugs. But despite all that I do feel it has helped with the upper respiratory problem. I'm just ready to feel better and healthy!"

MsEva58 (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Within 20 hrs (2 doses) I was feeling better. My lungs still hurt when I would cough but they didn't hurt when I would take a shallow breath. I did get a pretty bad headache that was controlled with APAP. Loose stools developed after day 3. I increased fluids and fiber (ice cold smoothy worked great to fulfill these). Day 6 I was back to normal except the loose stool. No other complaints. I was also on pearls and codiene during this time. Side effects well worth benefit after how bad I was hurting."

MurseWI March 5, 2016

For Sinusitis "Went to urgent care with a tooth ache. Told I had a severe sinus infection. Mind you I've had swelling on the left side of my face for 5 years, been thru every test out there, for answers with no success. Ever since the swelling started I've suffered ear infections (left side only) and sinus infections to no end. Dentist would tell me my X-rays don't look normal, but offered no explanation. Okay so, urgent care prescribed penicillin 500mg, but I explain to the dr that I may have a tolerance to that with all the antibiotics I've been on so she prescribes, Augmentin 875 2x a day for 10days. Over a few days I'm dizzy, nauseous, pressure headaches like my brain is being squeeszed. The worst medicine EVER!!!"

Mollie (perforated sinus girl) February 28, 2016

For Sinusitis "I get sinus infections twice a year like clock work. I usually get a Z-pack and a couple days of prednisone and I'm usually better in a couple days. This time around, I was given 875 mg of augmentin for 10 days, along with 10 day step-down dosage of prednisone. I took the meds as prescribed for 4 days and had to stop. I've never had such debilitating stomach pains in my life. I'm talking stomach pains, not intestinal pains. I felt so nauseated, though I never vomited once. My head felt funny, like a headache was trying to develop, and I began to sweat. It has been 5 days since I stopped taking the medications, and I am still having issues with my stomach!! Never ever again! I need answers!!"

Tollcoll2376 (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

For Sinusitis "Bad sinus infection. 6 days in after 2 x a day 875 mg's I FINALLY feel better. Minimal side effects. Loose bowel motions as mentioned."

JJP62 February 22, 2016

For Sinusitis "Started on 100mg of Augmentin for Sinus infection. Cleared up sinuses well but had severe diarrhea. I wasn't concerned by this considering it's the common side effect but I just took my last dose, not four hours later I threw up twice and had more bowel movements. This medication was not for me."

Anon7596 February 13, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Was prescribed the 875 mg tabs every 12 hours for an infected cyst. Right from the 1st dose I experienced stomach upset, severe bloating, and Diarrhea that burned. Within several days I also developed a vaginal yeast infection and severe yeast rashes in both armpits. I normally have a cast iron stomach and can take normally any medication without meals and have no problems. The augmentin caused bad side effects even with meals. Stay away from this drug it is well known to cause stomach problems."

KathyM76 February 12, 2016

For Strep Throat "Medicine is working excellent, however, the side effects are intense. Severe diarrhea, horrible headache within an hour of each dose that gets worse when I stand. I'm only on day 3 of a 10 day cycle."

Anona (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

For Sinusitis "Everyone's system is different. What you have to do is take probiotics, I drink kefir, 4 hours after you take the augmentin. This and plenty of water, will help most people. Always always always eat plenty of food with augmentin, and always take probiotics in intervals, to replace the good bacteria. Do not take them at the same time, else you will just kill the probiotic good bacteria"

divinetrust January 30, 2016

For Kidney Infections "Augmentin makes me completely sick! I must be like the 1% who is allergic to it! I always have to list it as an allergy and make sure something else is prescribed instead of this!"

HateBeingSick January 27, 2016

For Sinusitis "Throat infection/headache/ear infection. Four days twice a day helped me get rid of it. Just drink a lot of water people"

Dana ak (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "The pills are so big I had to split in half and the pills smell bad however the medication works for my skin infection"

s1nkeria January 16, 2016

For Sinusitis "Day 4 of 875 mg of augmentin. I have a severe sinus infection, a inner ear infection along with a "sizeable" hole in my eardrum "

jcblockhead15 January 3, 2016