User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Chlamydia Infection 0 reviews 57 medications

Otitis Media 3 reviews 130 medications

4.7
Anthrax 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anthrax Prophylaxis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague Prophylaxis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 240 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Levofloxacin

For Pneumonia: "Went to the hospital after a few weeks of what I thought was the flu, and was diagnosed with Pneumonia and Sepsis. Fever, chills, night sweats, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, no appetite, severe hydration, blue splotches on my skin. Was given Levaquin and fluids via IV while in the hospital for two days. Also nebulizer treatments and multiple inhalers. Took Levaquin and prednisone for ten days after and started feeling like myself after about 5 days at home. Had some pretty awful diarrhea as a side effect of the Levaquin for a couple of days but nothing else. I'm allergic to most antibiotics so I am definitely glad this one worked so well l for me."

Kroen (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015

For Streptococcal Infection: "I came up positive on rapid streph test first time taking this medicine 7 day 500 mg. It's day 1 throat is still swollen and can barely swallow no change yet. Insomnia I'm so tired and I can't sleep my heart is racing. I hope this doesn't happen to you."

Joey4321 June 6, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "i have been suffering with a sinus infection for over 2 months. I was on Bactrin for 14 days , Predisone for 10days which is a steroid which to allergy medicine used OTC sinus medicine then finally was given this med. After only one dose my sinus ,ear pain & sore throat cause by post nasal drip began to disappear. I did experience some coughing the first time Ilaid down but guess what the mucus was not longer greenishyellow draining it was super dark green. That was one serious infection! Tried & true believe me it worked for me. I had laryngitis for 2 months and two days after this medication my voice is back:) two thumbs up"

Steelergal33 June 4, 2015

For Bronchitis: "Although it got rid of my bronchitis it gave me a certain form of ulcerative colitis!"

barrioladyof4eyes May 21, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I have had chronic sinusitus for 30 years. Sometimes 4 per year and we had to do cultures to make sure we got the right bug after have numerous antibiotics failed. I think allergies and maybe viral infections start it off and then it turns into an infection. This medication has worked for me over the last 10 years ,although we have used other drugs to good effect. I have had few side effects except for dizzyiness and some brain fog for a few hours after taking the drug. It works very quickly on my infections but I do worry about side effects. I have been an avid weight lifter and never slowed down while on this med and had no issues with tendons or aches. This time I will take it a little easier and just keep my joints and muscles moving!"

rsilver (taken for 10 years or more) May 21, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I am on day 3 of taking this medicine and feel horrible. I haven't slept in 2 nights and don't want to eat. I am calling my doctor in the morning and telling him I will not take anymore of this. I have never felt this bad from a drug before."

dstie May 20, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I was prescribed Levaquin 500mg 1x/day for chronic sinus infections. On day 8 (of a 10 day prescription), I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Every tendon in my body hurt. Even the tiny ones in my fingers. It took me till the next day to realize it was the Levaquin causing this (no doctor or pharmacist had warned me). I threw out the day 10 pill. This was 3 mths ago. For the first two weeks, the pain got worse. I was unable to walk for a week. After that, it gradually began to subside and I began to be able to walk, albeit very slowly, again. I spent about a month on bed rest. I just saw an ortho yesterday and she is optimistic about my progress. She said it may take about 1 yr for me to heal. I am about 85% better."

Anonymous in GA (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I started taking this med this morning and after a few hours I began feeling better. No side effects thus far, but very impressed with it's speed."

Anonymous May 8, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I was prescribed levaquin for pneumonia. And yes it treats pneumonia, but the nausea and overall feeling of stomach cramps and brain fogginess made me quit five days in, I had to work or at least talk to clients and the way the levaquin made me feel I couldn't do that. I could barely talk try family, let alone friends, I felt so bad. I quit the levaquin, but most likely will need another antibiotic. Because the lung rattling and the whistling noises when I breathe are back, but no fever yet. It absolutely was the levaquin making me so sick to my stomach because when I don't take it, I don't have those symptoms"

ksbarent (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Well it did the job, and then some. It cleared up my sinus infection, plus I had the lovely experience of having severe acne on my back from the drug. I never break-out. Then, a week after I stopped the 10 -day medication, I have a UTI, and vaginal bleeding (in between periods). I think it is insane that medication for a simple sinus infection can leave to several other complications."

TweeterPop April 30, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I have been on this antibiotic for 6 days for pneumonia and while the cough has slowed way down, I am having severe chest pain. I am thinking it's because when I do have a coughing fit it's violent, Brutal. I only have one more dose at 500 mg and I am worried I'm relapsing, though no high temp I feel almost like I started out. I am now trying herbal teas, garlic, Rosemary and Kombucha. I just started these so I'm praying it will all work as a team. No side effects only a little queasy!"

CLoggins (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "I have just started Levofloxacin for prostatitis that I've been battling for 4 months. I've tried Doxy and Cipro with no luck. I'm day two into Levofloxacin and I'm experiencing pretty back anxiety. Has anybody else experienced anxiety on this medication? Should I stop taking it or try and push through it?? Thank you"

Land St. C April 11, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I suffer from recurring UTI's. My doctor prescribed Levoquin. After a few days, my UTI symptoms went away. I suffer from bipolar disorder, so I can't make the direct link of the mood-related side effects to the Levoquin. The only side effects that I can link to the use of Levoquin are as follows: tiredness, exacerbation of sciatica, joint pain, feeling unsteady while walking, nausea, stomach pain, agitation, insomnia, minor depression, foggy headed, and confusion. I did not suffer the four most common side effects. All of the symptoms I experienced were tolerable. The Levoquin worked on my UTI within 3 days, and I continued the medication as prescribed. While others have suffered from worse side effects, that was not my experience."

LaylaDusty (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I love "Levequin". It's the only antibiotic that cures my sinus infections and I have been put on everything. Some will start to work and then...nope. I feel my sinuses begin to drain within hours after beginning Levequin. I started having sinus infections about 20 years ago and had a stroke 2 months after my sinus surgery (the only thing I got from it) the infections are thought to come from allergies to dust mites and dog dander which are everywhere. I hate though when a new doctor doesn't believe in using such a "strong antibiotic" or that it's necessary. I have failed college courses because of failing to get my "Levequin"."

Lucy Sinus (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 27, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I had bad nightmares, light handedness, dizziness, faintness. I won't wish this on my worst enemy! I missed work because after I my doctor told me to stop the med. It stayed in my system for 3 days."

Mrs.T (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Did that one poster seriously share an experience where a doctor had him/her on 750mg Levaquin for 7-weeks (49-days)? Is that even survivable, let alone right? I just finished 10-days of 750mg for an upper sinus infection that has lasted 5-months...it turned me inside out! It's too early to tell if it has really helped, but the CT showed no signs of infection now, so I'm hopeful. Everything else we've tried has given me temporary relief, but less than 2-weeks later was back with a vengeance. This was my 6th round of antibiotics...hopefully my last. I'm just curious how someone could stomach it for that long."

Curious_2 March 19, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I was prescribed this medicine for bronchitis, 500mg. for 7 days. It really cleared up the bronchitis, but left me with bad tendonitis in my right leg. No telling how long this will go on. I can barely walk when I first get up in the morning, although it gets better with gentle exercise. I too have noticed crazy dreams, no dizziness, but I think it is causing me to make some bad decisions. Do not take this medicine for anything under any conditions. Find some other drug. The side effects are unpredictable, come on after you have already stopped taking it, and are miserable. I'm going to try some of the remedies the other reviewers have mentioned."

pxebtz (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

For Pneumonia: "I had fits of coughing after flu. I could not breathe and I took this medicine I received from ENT doctor for similar coughing issues I had few months ago. First day, despite the fact I was so weak and sick from the flu, I could not sleep at all. My brain was acting up with too many thoughts. I called the doctor but his physician's assistant was not willing to help me unless I pay for another visit. I called the pharmacy, and the pharmacist was helpful and she recommended me to take the medicine while eating and early in the morning. I forced myself to eat pasta although I had no appetite at all. 2nd day, I was able to sleep. My body started feeling better as well although still coughing and chest was sore."

Anonymous February 13, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I had been suffering from what I thought to be bronchitis for several months. I would cough sputum for about 1/2 hour in the morning when I awoke and after I laid down at night. I've tried over the counter and another antibiotic from the doctor. After going back to the doctor because nothing was working, he prescribed Levofloxacin, 500 mg/daily. Within a few days I could tell the infection was clearing. Within a week, the coughing and sputum was gone."

Buster00 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Every winter I get terrible Bronchitis. Usually am constantly coughing, use a nebulizer, use inhaler, this all last literally until spring! Coughing for months. This time caught it early. Took shots and Levaquin for ten days. Felt like total crude for the whole time BUT it worked. First time it all left without those months of cough, cough, coughing solid back to back. Can't tell you what a relief it was. SO take it!! Despite side affects unless it's too serious you'll be glad you did!!"

PJPKR January 16, 2015

For Pneumonia: "Was feeling horrible for a few days. Thought it was a nasty sinus bug until the blood started coming up. Went to the doctor and turns out I had the flu AND pneumonia. I was prescribed 500 mg for ten days. I am on day 8 of 10 and this stuff is AWESOME. I felt brand new on day 3. By day 4 my breathing was back to normal and the blood was out of my mucus. The only "bad" side effect is sleep! Pop on Netflix and have a "special" brownie or cookie and relax. You won't even feel sick."

One sick puppy (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

For Pneumonia: "Initially self-diagnosed myself (I like to avoid doctors as much as possible) and determined that I had bronchitis. Started taking Mucinex twice a day and Tylenol every four hours for three days. When cough didn't improve dragged myself to the doctor and was diagnosed with pneumonia. Prescribed 250 mg Levofloxacin; by Day Two I was able to start breathing again without it being laborious to do so. Now on Day Five and feeling MUCH better. Only warning: eat BEFORE you take this medication (unless you're looking to lose weight) and drink a lot of water!"

Brovie December 26, 2014

Levaquin Leva-Pak (levofloxacin) for Otitis Media: "Joint, leg and muscle pain."

ALLAAA November 14, 2014

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "This is my 3rd time taking this medicine. First 2 times my shin bones hurt bad for 2 weeks this time my left thumb and palm so far hurts badly but this medicine does work for what ailes me. I just hope my shin bones don't hurt so bad this time. By the way my prescription is 5 pills of 750mg daily for 5 days."

an old fart (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2014

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for : "I had a psychotic episode -- paranoia, free-floating anxiety, illogical and irrational thinking"

BW777 October 25, 2014