User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Chlamydia Infection 0 reviews 57 medications

Otitis Media 3 reviews 124 medications

4.7
Anthrax 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anthrax Prophylaxis 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague Prophylaxis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 246 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Levofloxacin

For Bronchitis: "Have been off this med for over 6 weeks and still having side effects, diarrhea, headache,dizzy spells, muscle aches and sleeplessness. Will NEVER take this medicine again !!!"

Papa6 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Horrible horrible nausea"

MamaMel69 August 12, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "After a trip that we took in Texas, I got a pretty bad cough and felt really cold and night- yet I was sweating like crazy.... This lasted a good week until I went to the Doctor. It didn't help matters that I swam with fish in Texas Well Water. But I believe there is bacteria in that water and so did my doctor. This medication works. For the ones complaining, I believe that they didn't have bacterial issues. My Skin looks better and I have the energy that I need for motherhood and my full time job."

Chels88 August 8, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Came down with pneumonia and this medicine fixed me right up. Was on it for 10 days and the only side effect I noticed was feeling extra tired, but that could have been the pneumonia as well. Wonderful experience."

floatingwithellipsis (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I have auto immune disease and after 2 bouts in the hospital and 2 inpatient stays I could not get them to give me anythnig stronger than doxycycline. It would wear off and then come right back. After only 2 days on Levofloxcin, I see marked improvement, I can breathe, go out and walk. I am taking it combined with prednisone 3 pills am 2 pills at night and finally Im not hacking up green phlegm. I know this medicine is not for everyone but for people who suffer from resistant infections not helped by anything else like me with COPD its a god send. I am not having any of the tendonitis anyone is talking about. You need to make sure you are taking supplements because it tends to deplete magnesium."

kwoolrich1967 July 19, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I had pneumonia the month before and was given Biaxin for 10 days. After a month, I started to have horrible sinus pains and was very weak and tired. After chest / sinus xray I was prescribed Levaquin for 10 days x 500mg. I was concerned about Levaquin due to side effects mentioned online. It was recommended during the Levaquin to drink a ton of water as well as take a probiotic. I took probaclac 7 twice a day(brkfst / dinner) and the levaquin at lunch time. Other then a few minor tendon aches that only lasted a day, I had no other side effects with the medication. Maybe the probiotc / ton of water helped. i felt better after day 4. 100% better now."

Bster July 13, 2015

For Pneumonia: "Went to the hospital after a few weeks of what I thought was the flu, and was diagnosed with Pneumonia and Sepsis. Fever, chills, night sweats, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, no appetite, severe hydration, blue splotches on my skin. Was given Levaquin and fluids via IV while in the hospital for two days. Also nebulizer treatments and multiple inhalers. Took Levaquin and prednisone for ten days after and started feeling like myself after about 5 days at home. Had some pretty awful diarrhea as a side effect of the Levaquin for a couple of days but nothing else. I'm allergic to most antibiotics so I am definitely glad this one worked so well l for me."

Kroen (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015

For Streptococcal Infection: "I came up positive on rapid streph test first time taking this medicine 7 day 500 mg. It's day 1 throat is still swollen and can barely swallow no change yet. Insomnia I'm so tired and I can't sleep my heart is racing. I hope this doesn't happen to you."

Joey4321 June 6, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "i have been suffering with a sinus infection for over 2 months. I was on Bactrin for 14 days , Predisone for 10days which is a steroid which to allergy medicine used OTC sinus medicine then finally was given this med. After only one dose my sinus ,ear pain & sore throat cause by post nasal drip began to disappear. I did experience some coughing the first time Ilaid down but guess what the mucus was not longer greenishyellow draining it was super dark green. That was one serious infection! Tried & true believe me it worked for me. I had laryngitis for 2 months and two days after this medication my voice is back:) two thumbs up"

Steelergal33 June 4, 2015

For Bronchitis: "Although it got rid of my bronchitis it gave me a certain form of ulcerative colitis!"

barrioladyof4eyes May 21, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I have had chronic sinusitus for 30 years. Sometimes 4 per year and we had to do cultures to make sure we got the right bug after have numerous antibiotics failed. I think allergies and maybe viral infections start it off and then it turns into an infection. This medication has worked for me over the last 10 years ,although we have used other drugs to good effect. I have had few side effects except for dizzyiness and some brain fog for a few hours after taking the drug. It works very quickly on my infections but I do worry about side effects. I have been an avid weight lifter and never slowed down while on this med and had no issues with tendons or aches. This time I will take it a little easier and just keep my joints and muscles moving!"

rsilver (taken for 10 years or more) May 21, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I am on day 3 of taking this medicine and feel horrible. I haven't slept in 2 nights and don't want to eat. I am calling my doctor in the morning and telling him I will not take anymore of this. I have never felt this bad from a drug before."

dstie May 20, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I was prescribed Levaquin 500mg 1x/day for chronic sinus infections. On day 8 (of a 10 day prescription), I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Every tendon in my body hurt. Even the tiny ones in my fingers. It took me till the next day to realize it was the Levaquin causing this (no doctor or pharmacist had warned me). I threw out the day 10 pill. This was 3 mths ago. For the first two weeks, the pain got worse. I was unable to walk for a week. After that, it gradually began to subside and I began to be able to walk, albeit very slowly, again. I spent about a month on bed rest. I just saw an ortho yesterday and she is optimistic about my progress. She said it may take about 1 yr for me to heal. I am about 85% better."

Anonymous in GA (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I started taking this med this morning and after a few hours I began feeling better. No side effects thus far, but very impressed with it's speed."

Anonymous May 8, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I was prescribed levaquin for pneumonia. And yes it treats pneumonia, but the nausea and overall feeling of stomach cramps and brain fogginess made me quit five days in, I had to work or at least talk to clients and the way the levaquin made me feel I couldn't do that. I could barely talk try family, let alone friends, I felt so bad. I quit the levaquin, but most likely will need another antibiotic. Because the lung rattling and the whistling noises when I breathe are back, but no fever yet. It absolutely was the levaquin making me so sick to my stomach because when I don't take it, I don't have those symptoms"

ksbarent (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Well it did the job, and then some. It cleared up my sinus infection, plus I had the lovely experience of having severe acne on my back from the drug. I never break-out. Then, a week after I stopped the 10 -day medication, I have a UTI, and vaginal bleeding (in between periods). I think it is insane that medication for a simple sinus infection can leave to several other complications."

TweeterPop April 30, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I have been on this antibiotic for 6 days for pneumonia and while the cough has slowed way down, I am having severe chest pain. I am thinking it's because when I do have a coughing fit it's violent, Brutal. I only have one more dose at 500 mg and I am worried I'm relapsing, though no high temp I feel almost like I started out. I am now trying herbal teas, garlic, Rosemary and Kombucha. I just started these so I'm praying it will all work as a team. No side effects only a little queasy!"

CLoggins (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "I have just started Levofloxacin for prostatitis that I've been battling for 4 months. I've tried Doxy and Cipro with no luck. I'm day two into Levofloxacin and I'm experiencing pretty back anxiety. Has anybody else experienced anxiety on this medication? Should I stop taking it or try and push through it?? Thank you"

Land St. C April 11, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I suffer from recurring UTI's. My doctor prescribed Levoquin. After a few days, my UTI symptoms went away. I suffer from bipolar disorder, so I can't make the direct link of the mood-related side effects to the Levoquin. The only side effects that I can link to the use of Levoquin are as follows: tiredness, exacerbation of sciatica, joint pain, feeling unsteady while walking, nausea, stomach pain, agitation, insomnia, minor depression, foggy headed, and confusion. I did not suffer the four most common side effects. All of the symptoms I experienced were tolerable. The Levoquin worked on my UTI within 3 days, and I continued the medication as prescribed. While others have suffered from worse side effects, that was not my experience."

LaylaDusty (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I love "Levequin". It's the only antibiotic that cures my sinus infections and I have been put on everything. Some will start to work and then...nope. I feel my sinuses begin to drain within hours after beginning Levequin. I started having sinus infections about 20 years ago and had a stroke 2 months after my sinus surgery (the only thing I got from it) the infections are thought to come from allergies to dust mites and dog dander which are everywhere. I hate though when a new doctor doesn't believe in using such a "strong antibiotic" or that it's necessary. I have failed college courses because of failing to get my "Levequin"."

Lucy Sinus (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 27, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I had bad nightmares, light handedness, dizziness, faintness. I won't wish this on my worst enemy! I missed work because after I my doctor told me to stop the med. It stayed in my system for 3 days."

Mrs.T (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Did that one poster seriously share an experience where a doctor had him/her on 750mg Levaquin for 7-weeks (49-days)? Is that even survivable, let alone right? I just finished 10-days of 750mg for an upper sinus infection that has lasted 5-months...it turned me inside out! It's too early to tell if it has really helped, but the CT showed no signs of infection now, so I'm hopeful. Everything else we've tried has given me temporary relief, but less than 2-weeks later was back with a vengeance. This was my 6th round of antibiotics...hopefully my last. I'm just curious how someone could stomach it for that long."

Curious_2 March 19, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I was prescribed this medicine for bronchitis, 500mg. for 7 days. It really cleared up the bronchitis, but left me with bad tendonitis in my right leg. No telling how long this will go on. I can barely walk when I first get up in the morning, although it gets better with gentle exercise. I too have noticed crazy dreams, no dizziness, but I think it is causing me to make some bad decisions. Do not take this medicine for anything under any conditions. Find some other drug. The side effects are unpredictable, come on after you have already stopped taking it, and are miserable. I'm going to try some of the remedies the other reviewers have mentioned."

pxebtz (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

For Pneumonia: "I had fits of coughing after flu. I could not breathe and I took this medicine I received from ENT doctor for similar coughing issues I had few months ago. First day, despite the fact I was so weak and sick from the flu, I could not sleep at all. My brain was acting up with too many thoughts. I called the doctor but his physician's assistant was not willing to help me unless I pay for another visit. I called the pharmacy, and the pharmacist was helpful and she recommended me to take the medicine while eating and early in the morning. I forced myself to eat pasta although I had no appetite at all. 2nd day, I was able to sleep. My body started feeling better as well although still coughing and chest was sore."

Anonymous February 13, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I had been suffering from what I thought to be bronchitis for several months. I would cough sputum for about 1/2 hour in the morning when I awoke and after I laid down at night. I've tried over the counter and another antibiotic from the doctor. After going back to the doctor because nothing was working, he prescribed Levofloxacin, 500 mg/daily. Within a few days I could tell the infection was clearing. Within a week, the coughing and sputum was gone."

Buster00 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015