User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Chlamydia Infection 0 reviews 57 medications

Otitis Media 3 reviews 135 medications

4.7
Anthrax 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anthrax Prophylaxis 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 230 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Review by TweeterPop:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: Well it did the job, and then some. It cleared up my sinus infection, plus I had the lovely experience of having severe acne on my back from the drug. I never break-out. Then, a week after I stopped the 10 -day medication, I have a UTI, and vaginal bleeding (in between periods). I think it is insane that medication for a simple sinus infection can leave to several other complications.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2015 10:42 AM

Review by CLoggins (taken for less than 1 month):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: I have been on this antibiotic for 6 days for pneumonia and while the cough has slowed way down, I am having severe chest pain. I am thinking it's because when I do have a coughing fit it's violent, Brutal. I only have one more dose at 500 mg and I am worried I'm relapsing, though no high temp I feel almost like I started out. I am now trying herbal teas, garlic, Rosemary and Kombucha. I just started these so I'm praying it will all work as a team. No side effects only a little queasy!

April 15, 2015 11:16 PM

Review by Land St. C:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Prostatitis: I have just started Levofloxacin for prostatitis that I've been battling for 4 months. I've tried Doxy and Cipro with no luck. I'm day two into Levofloxacin and I'm experiencing pretty back anxiety. Has anybody else experienced anxiety on this medication? Should I stop taking it or try and push through it?? Thank you

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 10:05 PM

Review by LaylaDusty (taken for less than 1 month):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I suffer from recurring UTI's. My doctor prescribed Levoquin. After a few days, my UTI symptoms went away. I suffer from bipolar disorder, so I can't make the direct link of the mood-related side effects to the Levoquin. The only side effects that I can link to the use of Levoquin are as follows: tiredness, exacerbation of sciatica, joint pain, feeling unsteady while walking, nausea, stomach pain, agitation, insomnia, minor depression, foggy headed, and confusion. I did not suffer the four most common side effects. All of the symptoms I experienced were tolerable. The Levoquin worked on my UTI within 3 days, and I continued the medication as prescribed. While others have suffered from worse side effects, that was not my experience.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2015 1:23 AM

Review by Lucy Sinus (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: I love "Levequin". It's the only antibiotic that cures my sinus infections and I have been put on everything. Some will start to work and then...nope. I feel my sinuses begin to drain within hours after beginning Levequin. I started having sinus infections about 20 years ago and had a stroke 2 months after my sinus surgery (the only thing I got from it) the infections are thought to come from allergies to dust mites and dog dander which are everywhere. I hate though when a new doctor doesn't believe in using such a "strong antibiotic" or that it's necessary. I have failed college courses because of failing to get my "Levequin".

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 10:33 PM

Review by Mrs.T (taken for less than 1 month):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: I had bad nightmares, light handedness, dizziness, faintness. I won't wish this on my worst enemy! I missed work because after I my doctor told me to stop the med. It stayed in my system for 3 days.

March 24, 2015 10:03 PM

Review by Curious_2:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: Did that one poster seriously share an experience where a doctor had him/her on 750mg Levaquin for 7-weeks (49-days)? Is that even survivable, let alone right? I just finished 10-days of 750mg for an upper sinus infection that has lasted 5-months...it turned me inside out! It's too early to tell if it has really helped, but the CT showed no signs of infection now, so I'm hopeful. Everything else we've tried has given me temporary relief, but less than 2-weeks later was back with a vengeance. This was my 6th round of antibiotics...hopefully my last. I'm just curious how someone could stomach it for that long.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 1:40 PM

For Pneumonia: I had fits of coughing after flu. I could not breathe and I took this medicine I received from ENT doctor for similar coughing issues I had few months ago. First day, despite the fact I was so weak and sick from the flu, I could not sleep at all. My brain was acting up with too many thoughts. I called the doctor but his physician's assistant was not willing to help me unless I pay for another visit. I called the pharmacy, and the pharmacist was helpful and she recommended me to take the medicine while eating and early in the morning. I forced myself to eat pasta although I had no appetite at all. 2nd day, I was able to sleep. My body started feeling better as well although still coughing and chest was sore.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 6:20 PM

Review by Buster00 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I had been suffering from what I thought to be bronchitis for several months. I would cough sputum for about 1/2 hour in the morning when I awoke and after I laid down at night. I've tried over the counter and another antibiotic from the doctor. After going back to the doctor because nothing was working, he prescribed Levofloxacin, 500 mg/daily. Within a few days I could tell the infection was clearing. Within a week, the coughing and sputum was gone.

February 8, 2015 4:57 PM

Review by PJPKR:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Every winter I get terrible Bronchitis. Usually am constantly coughing, use a nebulizer, use inhaler, this all last literally until spring! Coughing for months. This time caught it early. Took shots and Levaquin for ten days. Felt like total crude for the whole time BUT it worked. First time it all left without those months of cough, cough, coughing solid back to back. Can't tell you what a relief it was. SO take it!! Despite side affects unless it's too serious you'll be glad you did!!

January 16, 2015 1:09 PM

Review by One sick puppy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Was feeling horrible for a few days. Thought it was a nasty sinus bug until the blood started coming up. Went to the doctor and turns out I had the flu AND pneumonia. I was prescribed 500 mg for ten days. I am on day 8 of 10 and this stuff is AWESOME. I felt brand new on day 3. By day 4 my breathing was back to normal and the blood was out of my mucus. The only "bad" side effect is sleep! Pop on Netflix and have a "special" brownie or cookie and relax. You won't even feel sick.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 2:24 AM

Review by Brovie:

For Pneumonia: Initially self-diagnosed myself (I like to avoid doctors as much as possible) and determined that I had bronchitis. Started taking Mucinex twice a day and Tylenol every four hours for three days. When cough didn't improve dragged myself to the doctor and was diagnosed with pneumonia. Prescribed 250 mg Levofloxacin; by Day Two I was able to start breathing again without it being laborious to do so. Now on Day Five and feeling MUCH better. Only warning: eat BEFORE you take this medication (unless you're looking to lose weight) and drink a lot of water!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2014 7:24 AM

Review by ALLAAA:

Levaquin Leva-Pak (levofloxacin) for Otitis Media: Joint, leg and muscle pain.

November 14, 2014 6:43 PM

Review by an old fart (taken for less than 1 month):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: This is my 3rd time taking this medicine. First 2 times my shin bones hurt bad for 2 weeks this time my left thumb and palm so far hurts badly but this medicine does work for what ailes me. I just hope my shin bones don't hurt so bad this time. By the way my prescription is 5 pills of 750mg daily for 5 days.

October 26, 2014 11:04 AM

Review by BW777:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for : I had a psychotic episode -- paranoia, free-floating anxiety, illogical and irrational thinking

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 4:32 PM

Review by Ewock (taken for less than 1 month):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: Was sick for a week with pneumonia and went to urgent care. 102F fever, cough, no appetite, severe fatigue. Prescribed Levaquin and started feeling better in 2-3 days. Fatigue and cough continued for several weeks. Lost 7 pounds. I did not experience any side effects at all. Would highly recommend this medication.

October 23, 2014 10:56 PM

Review by ninel25:

For Sinusitis: I have a rare sinusitis wich the infection is located on the middle of my head. I was prescribed levofloxacin 500mg for 3 weeks. I havent been able to sleep very well and loss of appetite (which is good in a way) and a very sore neck. On my 5th dose and not so much drainage and not much of a stuffy nose.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: I have taken Levaquin many times for my sinuses and have had 2 sinus surgeries. I am currently on my 38th day of 750mg and have 11 more days to go of taking it. We are doing this for so long as a last resort before doing surgery again. I can not tell that it is doing much good this go around. It does not allow me to rest well so I take it in the morning but I can honestly say that I am over the vomiting daily because of it. It also gives me the shakes and just a very bad overall feeling until lunch or so.

August 6, 2014 8:50 AM

Review by Breee (taken for less than 1 month):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics (and always get side effects!) and get sick a lot. I used to take Z-Packs almost once a month and now I wonder why I hadn't tried Levaquin sooner! This is my 3rd time on Levaquin this year. I took it twice for my chronic ear infection with success. The first time my joints felt like I was an arthritic old lady! The 2nd time I had only some ankle and finger pain. I'm on day 1 today for a urinary tract infection and ear infection from a water park. I can feel it working and I have no joint pain.

August 5, 2014 8:04 PM

Review by Mere13 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I was placed on levofloxacin 500 mg for 10 days. I have terrible side effects from the medicine: insomnia, headache, dizzy spells. Worst of all I do not see my symptoms improving. I am on day 5 of the medicine, I hope it works soon.

July 29, 2014 9:53 AM

Review by BP72:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: Took 500 mgs once a day for a severe sinus infection. By day 3 my nasal passages opened up, sinus pressure and pain eased up. On day 5 I felt 90% better. Infection gone by day 8. Only side effect was I slept alot but that could be because I was sick.

July 28, 2014 12:14 PM

Review by StLouieSu:

For Bacterial Infection: This medication is interfering with my sleep.

July 26, 2014 7:32 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: After 1st tablet I needed the toilet about 100 times, terrible headaches unable to move eyes and very dizzy, sore ankles, finally threw the last tablet away ankles still sore but no more blinding headaches.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 3:29 AM

Review by Ashley O. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I have had sinus infections my whole life and I am allergic to amoxicillin & erythromycin so I've taken Zithromax 100s of times. My sinusitis just started affecting my ear so a few months ago I tried 500mg x 5 days of Levaquin. I felt immediate relief although, at age 26, I couldn't walk without my knees giving out! I never wanted to take it again. Fast forward to 5 days ago when I was in the Urgent Care for a horrible sinus & ear infection. Z-Pack hadn't worked. I was in so much pain I decided to try Levaquin again. Day 5 of 10 500mg my body has tolerated it A LOT better! I feel great! Very little joint pain and almost immediate sinus and ear pain relief!

July 8, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by LFrancine:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I swear by Levaquin! It's what works for me. I spent so much money on Amoxicillen, Z-Pack etc... and it doesn't help. I have used it from a sinus infection, UTI, and pulmonary illnesses. It's the medicine of choice for me. I have never experienced any side effects or adverse reactions. I'm very compliant with taking it daily, there have been times I missed doses because they're prescribed 3-4x a day. It's fast acting and does the trick, love it. I do think about becoming resistant to Levaquin, down the road, but by that time hopefully there will be another medicine of choice that is equally as effective! Thanks.

July 2, 2014 4:59 PM