User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Kidney Infections 10 reviews 85 medications

Otitis Media 3 reviews 126 medications

4.7
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 285 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was given this for 5 days,was a little hyper in the mornings but it cleared my uti right up.Would definitely take it again."

Lakayla (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Streptococcal Infection: "I was diagnosed with tonsillitis/strep condition. I was given a prescription of 7 pills. Took my first pill with water at 3:39PM and woke up at 5:30PM with my heart racing at over 120bpm and felt every blood vessel in my body pulsating. This lasted for only about 45 seconds to a minute I think. I was more worried about going into cardiac arrest than timing how long this was going on for. After that read forums on long lasting horrible side effects. No other symptoms till the next day. Woke up with sore knees. Did more "internet research on this drug and how it should be banned. My toes and heels are tingling, numb and feel like pins/needles and burning. Called my Dr. for a different prescription. Zithromax, which is fine."

TLuggiero (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Never, ever take this drug or those part of the Flouroquinolone family (Cipro, etc.). I didn't realize that this was a blacklisted drug; it should be illegal to prescribe such a thing and the doctor who prescribed this to me failed to tell me about the side effects. When I asked her what the side effects were, she said "lightheadedness". Thankfully I only took about 750 mg in total and am going to do whatever I can to expel this poison from my body. Warn everyone you know to NEVER take this drug."

Anonymous January 30, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "The pain in my legs from the hips to the knee was excruciating. I thought I had bone cancer. This lasted for 2.5 weeks even after I stopped taking the med. Walking was almost impossible even with pain meds."

1Cate January 28, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "If you live, for decades after taking levaquin, you will experience multiple tendon ruptures, in your arms, shoulders, legs and achillies tendons. All your muscles will forever be weak and your reflexes slow. Do not take, under any circumstances, unless you want to destroy your health."

CaptianK (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Recently completed concurrent chemo & radiation for Stage 3 Lung Cancer. Then a week before I was scheduled for my follow-up CT/PET scans, I came down with a bad cough and high fever. I was diagnosed with bronchitis (thankfully not pneumonia!!) and prescribed 750mg of Levofloxacin daily. When I filled the prescription, my pharmacist advised me that it's a strong antibiotic and told me of the real possibility of tendonitis. She also told me to take a Probiotic a couple of hours before or after the Levofloxacin. This seems to be missing from all the bad reviews of this drug. Make sure to ask about taking a PROBIOTIC along with the Levofloxacin!! Yesterday was my 7th and final day of the drug and I feel 99% better. Never had ANY side effects!!"

BronchitisInBaltimore (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Wow, I wish I had studied on up Levofloxacin before I took my first dose for pneumonia. Two things, FIRST and least important, but I have never had a drug give me such an unpleasant rush before. No kidding, I thought I was having a stroke or cardiac; almost called 911. Recovered then read up on it. The problem: another drug I was taking that my regular pharmacist did not fill and did not know about. Like driving & whiskey. Both great, but not together. Stupid me! SECOND, it is flat knocking out a month-long infection that ruined Christmas, New Years, and almost a trip to some state out in the the Pacific Ocean."

Doug-Buddy (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Been sick for a month. Doc gave me two antibiotics. Finally was prescribed levofloxacin and am grateful as I am finally on the mend!"

Nelly Noo January 13, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I've been on this medication for 5 days for a sinus infection. It's definitely helping, but I'm not enjoying the side effects. I have a sore neck and it feels like my brain is vibrating at times. I get panicky and nervous, have cold sweats, and it feels like my insides are shaking. I'm taking more of my anxiety medicine to offset the panic, which is helping, but it's also making me pretty doped up which I don't like."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I took Levaquin and think it should be banned. I went to bed and had horrible racing thoughts...a terrible terrible experience. My Dr. insisted I come to office when I called in the morning. I would have liked to rate it as 0 but I had to select and the only option was 1. I will never take this family of drugs."

Anonymous January 9, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Levaquin is my miracle prescription for sinus infections. I usually get 2 really nasty sinus infections a year-Levaquin is the ONLY antibiotic that had worked for me. I have never had any side effects, other than getting well! I always take It exactly as prescribed: 1 per day, (for 10 days), with lots of water."

Z'sla January 1, 2016

For Pneumonia: "I was prescribed the drug Levofloaxcin after being diagnosed with pneumonia a month ago. I was misdiagnosed twice before (for the flu, then sinus infection). I had a fever, cough and extreme fatigue. WORD TO THE WISE: if you have an ongoing cough, fatigue and low grade fever at night THOSE ARE TEXTBOOK SYMPTOMS OF pneumonia. Just demand a chest X-Ray right away! Now onto Levofloaxcin. I took 750mgs for 7 days and it definitely did the job, I felt better in two days. The side effects *were intense* (nervousness, joint pain, increased heart rate, light headedness, insomnia). BUT it was worth it!"

Julie Kate (30 Years Old) (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I have pneumonia in both lungs for the second time in 35 days. I was hospitalized this time though, so it's definitely worse the the first illness. The only side effect I've noticed is nausea. If I drink water quickly, I immediately feel the need to throw up. Problem is that I'm always thirsty. I am home now thank goodness, still sick but I have what I need. I left AMA because I've got four kids with Christmas on their brains. Hopefully my pills will do the trick."

INeedCoffee December 24, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I was prescribed this for a kidney infection and didn't know I was allergic to it. it caused my face to swell and tip of my tongue tingle. that happened at 8:00 it is now 11:05 and it is just starting to affect my feet and fingers other than that it is helping clear my infection"

maejw (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I was just prescribed this antibiotic yesterday. I was prescribed 1 500 mg tab x 10 days for sinus and bronchial infection. I have taken multiple other antibiotics and it was not clearing the infection up. I have only taken one tablet and I had insomnia, leg and arm cramping, no appetite. I would recommend staying away from this antibiotic if at all possible."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "After one 500mg dose of this drug, I began having a racing heart and my muscles twitching from head to toe, severe dizziness and nausea. This progressed to my ankle and knee joints cracking/popping upon walking, shoulder hurting, toe and finger pain and now, the next day, nerve pain in my occipital region on the back of my head. I began reading and started high doses of magnesium/transdermal mag spray, TONS of water, high doses Vit C, juicing and homemade bone broth with rest for my joints. This medicine apparently severely depletes the body of magnesium, damages michocondria and prevents new tendon cells from being formed. I hope what I'm doing counteracts any long term damage and I'm highly upset it was prescribed with black box warnings!"

MommaLyonn (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

For Pneumonia: "Had a bad case of pneumonia could barely breath and took levofloxacin now on the 2nd day I'm almost good as new! Lack of sleep and apetite is an issue but I was having problem with sleep and eating with not being able to breath anyway so overall extremely effective. I would recommend this med."

Odette2555 December 5, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I don't know if I am getting well or not. But I am having a good bit of the side effects All the inflammation, swelling, weakness, and hurting all over hand arm, shoulders, legs and feet. I sit down an I don't want to move again because of all this. I'm also experiencing the confusion, emotional, and mood changes."

kjs81 December 4, 2015

For Pneumonia: "Caught a cold which gradually started affecting my chest and lungs. I typically avoid the doctors but after a few weeks of severe coughing and wheezing, I went to the doctor and was initially prescribed a z pak. This antibiotic did nothing for me. After finishing that round of antibiotics, I dropped by urgent care and the doctor prescribed me 10 days of 500mg Levofloxacin. I experienced zero side effects except for insomnia and feeling a little warmer than usual at night the first night. Highly recommend taking this antibiotic either with breakfast or lunch, not dinner. I just finished my 10 day dose and although I still have a slight cough and post nasal drip still, my wheezing is completely gone and I'm feeling like I'm getting better."

Erin Y December 3, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I took this antibiotic for a bronchial infection. I did get rid of the infection. But while on it, I had horrible nightmares (the gory kind you can't talk about); was jittery, moody and the tendonitis in my shoulder came back. I also have MS with mild symptoms. Problem is, now that I'm off of it I feel "fluish", my neck hurts, shoulder hurts, I've had horrible spasms in my legs and feet and not the kind that you get with MS. I was prescribed this because I can not take any of the "clillans" or erythamicin(sp) of a Z Pac. I have no idea when this is going to end. I would not recommend this to anyone. And don't get me started with the back pain."

Cacky (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Well I picked bladder but the reason I am on is for Diverticulitis. I was given this med while in hospital. 2 doses before sleep. After first dose the next day I told them I felt like I had the flu..all my joints hurt bad. I had no idea why. Started pill form and had crazy nightmares. Next day left knee started hurting a lot. Lots of stumbling and weakness and just feeling lost in the head. Angry too. Next day both knees started hurting about noon continued to get worse to where I could hardly walk. Next day knees fill weird inside but no pain until about noon hard to bend knees can't get up got worse and worse. Today went to doc for my follow up told her about knees..she felt them through my pants said they feel ok but hurt so bad"

Grrr November 17, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed levofloxacin 500mg twice daily for 10 days, I woke up to a pounding heart beat at about 3 am, I felt numb on the right side of my body I had tingly sensations all over my body, I couldn't sleep , my ears rang, my hands and feet were tingly. Unfortunately I never suspected this drug cos I was taking it with other drugs, my eyes were swollen, my knee my ankle the back of my neck hurt so bad, my fingers ached I had a bump on my wrist but it went away after 2days, I had blisters on my mouth, uticaria, my teeth felt like they were being plucked I had tightness of throat, I was able to finish the prescription by then I was curious and started browsing lo and behold ! All I could say is Oh My God. I am still experiencing these effects"

ummu November 15, 2015

For Pneumonia: "Was diagnosed with pneumonia 3 days ago had severe cough, diarrhea, and a fever of 102. Was put on levofloxacin 500mg for 7 days started with a round of IV antibiotics at the hospital the next day I was finally able to get out of bed, my cough was nearly gone and fever has subsided. I did have a few negative side effects. Insomnia, once I did fall asleep I woke up drenched in sweat, and just an overall dull feeling."

biggmac86 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

For Bronchitis: "BAD nausea - really afraid I was going to throw up and not keep my heart meds down! Excruciating foot cramps, leg cramps, no appetite, fatigue and couldn't wait to get done with these pills. I was up pretty much all night with insomnia and the foot cramps that wouldn't go away - night after night. My husband told me to bear through it and stay on the meds for the 7 days as this was my second bout with bronchitis in a month. Even drinking a lot of water didn't help with it. Took yogurt and STILL had nausea. These pills are AWFUL!!!! I will NEVER, EVER take this poison again! Expensive $80 for 7 days. Too many bad side effects. "

GFin November 10, 2015

For Pneumonia: "Doc said I had pneumonia, but I had very few symptoms: runny nose, sore throat, and cough. Only went to the Dr. when pain started in my right lung when I coughed. Went through one 10-day round of Levofloxacin. Around day 3 my right elbow got a little stiff (no pain) but it stopped after 2 days. Around day 7, my right knee developed a pain that came and went for 2 days. I can't be sure either was caused by the drug since neither issue lasted more than 2 days. After x-rays and CT scan, Dr. said infection much improved, but not totally knocked out. And I"m still having pain in my chest and back. So after a break of several days, I'm starting a second 10-day round. My main point is I did not experience the bad side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015