User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Kidney Infections 10 reviews 93 medications

Otitis Media 3 reviews 134 medications

4.7
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 322 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Levofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Love Levoflaxin. i was on another antibiotic for weeks and after 3 days on Levoflaxin my symptoms were all gone."

Bobbie ZZ April 30, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I have taken this drug twice in my lifetime and both times it knocked out a nasty bacterial infection. This was after trying several other antibiotics FIRST. I am 63 and have had NO side effects from this drug. Please understand that your doctor has prescribed this medication for a reason. Don't necessarily rely on the negative reviews here."

Boobelton52 April 29, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "750 mg dosage for five days apparently cleared pneumonia, but now, six weeks later, I still feel some side effects of pain and swelling in ankles and feet that immobilized me immediately after taking. Additional side effects included internal bleeding in ankle area, black toes, areas of skin on lower leg showing bruise like areas. Difficulty walking due to stiff and painful joints in feet and ankles."

Nonegiven (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Levaquin and sunlight do not mix. Cover up if you are outside while taking it. Otherwise you will burn and burn quickly. But the stuff works."

sunny side up April 23, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Took this after having a sinus infection for four months, amoxicillin, augmentin, zpacks, steroids, nothing worked. Levaquin made me feel better within days, completely cleared the infection. Did give me a swollen foot/ankle, but that cleared once I finished the antibiotic course. I'd rather wrap my foot for two weeks, than have a sinus infection for four months. I don't think this is typically prescribed unless other antibiotics have failed. On it again for another stubborn sinus infection, no tendon issues so far."

Lalalamcd (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was given 500mg Levofloxacin for a UTI infection. Severe lower back pain that comes and goes. Pain in my legs that comes and goes. Horrible medicine. Now I know it's an Anthrax Drug which I have refused to take in the past. My doctor just slipped this one in under a name different than Cipero. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone unless they have Anthrax. Try Keflex. It's a great drug with very few side effects."

Take you out of this world med April 18, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I was prescribed 500mg for 10 days for acute bronchitis, sinus infection as well as a very painful ear infection. After the first dose, I did feel a bit better. The second dose marked a big difference in how I was feeling overall. I was also prescribed a very expensive inhaler of Albuterol. (Rarely use) The third day was when I noticed that the side effects were now more of a problem than my illness. Metallic taste in my mouth, severe dry mouth, leg cramps, NO sleep, rise in BP and HR. dizziness, and ringing in my ears, agitation. I am on day 5 and do not want to finish the prescription but was warned, "take it completely..even after you begin to feel better." The only positive off chart effect is my skin is glowing!"

Anouk Tansy April 15, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "My dosage of Levaquin was 750 mg daily initially for 5 days & later extended for another 10 days after an ER visit. I discontinued the drug after 11 days due to: a) a general feeling of malaise after taking the drug b) I am a runner and I began experiencing tendinosis in the Achilles tendons & then on a routine run, I pulled up lame and could not continue due to severe pain in my left hamstring area - I attribute these injuries strictly to the Levaquin. I think this drug was effective in handling the infection but its side effects for me as described above are very real. I will not take this drug or probably any drugs in the fluoroquinolones class again. Anyone who is into exercising should think carefully about using this drug."

toucando (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Prescribed this medicine for a recurring sinus infection. Doctor at N.W. allergy said you may have some tenderness in your lower leg tendons near ankles just don't exercise while taking. After a week in a half of taking medicine I could barely walk. Kept taking medicine because pain was in my upper calfs and knee joint. Then it went into my shoulder. The doctor insisted it wasn't the levoflaxin. Two weeks after finishing the medicine I feel like an 80 year old women with bad arthritis, and prior to this I was a healthy active 51 year old women. Doctor still insist it wasn't the antibiotic I just woke up one morning with knee and shoulder joint and muscle pain for no reason. This medicine is not worth the risk and can change your life."

whywhy? April 11, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Just didn't work for me. Now day 10 and still sick. Emergency walk in says it must be viral. I won't accept this prescription again."

Paula Mathis (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

For Sinusitis: "After reading all the reviews I was not sure about taking this drug and upset my doctor gave it to me. He stated stop reading the reviews everyone is different but these are long term side effects because of the drug. So I tried the first pill and with in 10min it declogged my nose but I still had pressure in my head and then I was weak and couldn't sleep at night felt like I was going to stop breathing and my muscles feel sore and so I decided to call him and ask for a different drug I will not take another dose after reading what this drug has done to so many people, the fact it's even out there is scary. I hope I don't devleope any long term effects because of one pill I took yesterday. I start ceftin today for my lung and sinus infec"

Echo007 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Just finished a 7 day course of Levaquin (500 mg oral tabs) for pneumonia. My infection was not severe, but I noticed effects practically immediately. Within 24 hours I felt so much better. It did make me slightly nauseous at first, until I began taking it only on a full stomach. Did not notice any other side effects. I drank a LOT of water while I was sick, which may have helped."

FeelingMuchBetter (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "worst stuff I have ever used ended up in the er was so scared, it killed me with back and knee' pain could not get out of bed without screaming, never again!"

mmmnnnn April 6, 2016

For Sinusitis: "My doctor prescribed 10 days of this Rx for a sinus infection; yesterday made 4 days and I'm experiencing severe joint pain. After reading the reviews below I'm shocked/scared and will not be taking anymore pills. My body feels as though I've been in a car accident, I can barely move my neck due to pain, my hands ache like I have arthritis, my elbows, entire back, hips, knees and ankles are in pain and the bottom of my feet are burning as if I've been walking in hot sand. The last four days I've had a headache and nausea and today my eyes ache. This morning I was then experiencing confusion and finally decided to do more research on this drug and discovered this site. I plan to call my doctor tomorrow; this drug is horrible!"

KauaiLiving April 4, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "I think it should be considered medical malpractice for a physician to prescribe this drug to an elderly man with heart problems, especially known congestive heart failure. My father didn't know he should report muscle weakness he experienced while taking this drug, and there was no followup by the physician. Since the heart is a muscle, I think this drug propelled my father into endstage heart failure, which he now has."

CNA daughter (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Levaquin is not for me, even though it did help clear up my sinus infection. The tendonitis and joint pain were just too much for me. What they fail to tell you is that with lots of people who take this drug, the side effects do NOT go away with discontinuation of the drug. I now feel like I have arthritis in my hips, knees, elbows, and hands that simply will not go away, and I blame the Levaquin for these lingering symptoms. I would not recommend the drug to anyone unless their sinus infection simply will not respond to other treatments."

No More for Me (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Sinusitis: "My doctor prescribed this drug a year ago because of a nasty sinus infection. After 4 days of 500 mg/1 time day, I developed joint pain everywhere - knees, elbows, ankles, wrists, could hardly walk up and down stairs. I stopped taking the medication, but continued to notice weakness in my ankles. Four months later I developed debilitating PTTD, which is a failure of the tendon that holds your foot correctly. I am now in an expensive and uncomfortable ankle brace and facing surgery. I wish I'd never taken this drug."

Bethann17 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Ok so I just started this medication, 9 tablets to go and reading the comments is really freaking me out. I'm not big on medication so I guess we will see how this goes. I'll keep an update."

worriedlady1427 March 23, 2016

For Streptococcal Infection: "Got strep throat, the pain on my throat immediately disappeared after one day, and for the second the coughing stopped"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "My doctor prescribed me Levaquin, 750 mg for 7 days) after amoxycylin didn't do the trick. I had the sinus infection for almost a month at this point, and was willing to try anything. I took the Levaquin with prednisone the first night, and had an intense anxious reaction to the combo - my pharmacy recommended I stop the prednisone, so I did. The anxious feeling subsided, and within 12 hours, I could feel my head pressure go away. However, on the second day, and until now (on the 5th day) I've slowly felt new side effects. Mainly, fatigue, achy knees and shoulders, and I wake up in the morning feelig like im burning from the inside out. I would recommend to help sinus infections, but warning, the side effects are real. Hoping they go away!"

KMahan March 19, 2016

For Pneumonia: "Flushing to the face."

Sarah Mingus March 19, 2016

For Sinusitis: "500 mg/1x a day for 10 days was prescribed for an acute sinus infection. I take Wellbutrin and bupropion for depression and anxiety--they manage my symptoms very well. Two days of the Levaquin had be in an agitated state such as I've not experienced in years I experienced insomnia--four hours sleep--and I am always blissfully able to sleep 8-9 hrs, falling asleep within minutes of laying down. This drug was poison to my brain. I also have a headache, muscle aches, and redness/rash. I called the Dr for a new drug after 2 doses and asked why in the world would she prescribe me something that has a known history of causing nervous problems?! I may change doctors over this."

Gigimarie (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I was given a 5 day script - 750mg 1/day. On the 4th day I started getting pain in my thighs and legs but attributed it to random aches and pains. Unfortunately that wasn't true, and it was from this horrible Satan antibiotic. On day 5 I started having body aches 100x worse then when I had the flu. What was extremely painful were my legs. I couldn't even get to a standing position without almost crying because it hurt so bad. Then I had joint pain in my calves, ankles and feet. I pray this is temporary eventhough i have yet to read a review where the person had temporary pain. This is so scary I am crying because I am 36 yrs old with a newborn and toddler and can't be crippled forever. I wish I would read a review where it was temporary."

Wish I could turn back time (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I was given this Horrific medication as my provider thought I had pneumonia and after taking it for 8 days, I could hardly walk and my knees were stiff and I could not get up or put any weight on my legs. My hands were swollen and I could not make a fist or open my water bottle. This Drug should be taken off the market immediately!!!! How can a physician in good conscience prescribe this medication to anyone? I just hope that I am not a permanently crippled by this medication. My chest X-ray came back negative to I did not even need an antibiotic and just needed a cough medicine and Mucinex to clear up my cough. The one time I did not have time to read the drug information because I was moving and my doctor decides to prescribe me this!!!"

Rita Ma (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2016

For Sinusitis: "This medicine is the best ever just got it today an I feel like a brand new person"

Brown suger (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2016