User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 75 medications

Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 158 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Clindamycin

Review by BV… again (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I have done Flagyl 4 times in the past year. Clearly, it hasn't been able to clear up my bacterial vaginitis. Trying this as an alternative. Haven't finished, but my initial impression is that it is much gentler on my stomach. I DREAD taking Flagyl, this is not bad. Slight nausea. Much better if taken with a meal.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 12:29 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Took for mastitis. Have felt ongoing stomach pain and nausea. I've followed the directions, have been drinking plenty of water, not laying down, taking with food and eating yogurt but still feel gross all the time.

September 13, 2014 4:02 AM

Review by Sha331:

For Bacterial Infection: This is the second time I've been prescribed this for tooth infections. The first time I had very little side effects and it cleared up a very bad tooth infection but this time after first couple days taking it I all of a sudden got horrible pains in my chest. It would hurt breathe in or even to swallow. I was considering going to hospital but now I have read this has happen to others on this medication. It does work on getting rid of bad infections but the chest pains are very hard. Definitely drink lots of water with and after taking it and also eating something right before of after helps also.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2014 2:51 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Prescribed after surgery on hand, told to take 1 150mg capsule every 8 hours, well that meaning one right before bed. HORRIBLE IDEA!! I wasn't informed to drink a whole glass of water with or not to lay down up to 30 mins after. So about a week into taking it on my night time one (midnight) took it and went to bed. Woke up with the worlds worst heartburn. So bad I'm asking my doc at next appointment if I can switch scripts.

September 4, 2014 5:18 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Two bottles of water and a can of tonic water later and my heartburn is RAGING. Don't lay down after taking this medication.

September 1, 2014 8:51 AM

Review by kigraverson:

For Bacterial Infection: I was prescribed this for a severe case of tonsillitis and it gave me horrible chest pains. The bad taste in my mouth and the diarrhea is tolerable, but the chest pains are horrid. I get pains whenever I take it and now whenever I eat as well. My dosage is 4 capsules every 8 hours. Taking probiotics once a day definitely helps with the diarrhea.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2014 10:17 AM

Review by seway (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I was taking this for a tonsil infection that neither amoxicillin or erythromycin could take care of. It worked like a charm, and is the first antibiotic I have taken that didn't have any side effects at all. My vision also became better, so now I don't have to use glasses anymore. Penicillin make me tired. Erythromycin wrecked med totally in ways I couldn't imagine, it even made my asthma I didn't knew I had, a 100 times worse, permanently! Azithromycin (the 2 chlamydia/gonnorhea pills) made me tired and gave me a day of extreme diarrhea. Clindamycin (Called "Dalacin") Is the first one that just works without ANY side-effects at all. And it also it made my vision go from poor to HD, so I haven't used glasses ever since.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I noticed right away that after I took Clindamycin that I had a bad taste in my mouth and tightening in my chest, which increased in intensity and longevity each day of taking it. After 5 days my chest hurt so bad I almost went to the ER. It felt like a ton of bricks on my chest, but I was breathing normally.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 6:29 PM

Review by DH23 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had an abscess that was underneath the tooth, dentist did a root canal without treating it first, the next day my cheek was totally swollen, the abscess had blown up. I went back and they prescribed clindamyacin 4 doses a day. The first day was horrible, bad taste in my mouth, and generally feeling like crap. Every dose became easier and easier. So best advice I can give is take a good probiotic and lots of water, if you are a female to avoid a yeast infection, do not take within 2 hours of the antibiotic. Also I got a very bitter taste in my mouth every time I took the medicine, it wasn't until the 3rd day that the bitterness finally subsided. I had no heartburn like others did. Stick with this medicine and you will see results.

August 11, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by Julia S.:

For Skin Infection: I am allergic to many antibiotics including amoxicillin, and this is after taking it many times before and suddenly developing a reaction. I was given Clindamycin(doc said it is one of the milder antibiotics) for 5 foot/ankle/calf surgeries. Months of my surgeries. Aug., Sept., Dec. 2013 and Aug. 7 2014 (last night). The doctor didn't want me to develop an infection which is why he prescribes it. It is now the ONLY medication that works for me. PLUS, I have a medium size hiatal hernia, GERD and bad acid reflux and esophagitis. The previous 4 surgeries I had to take the capsules 3 x a day for 10 days and this last surgery 3xday for 3 days. THE KEY TO TAKING CLINDAMYCIN IS TO DRINK ALOT OF WATER AFTER SWALLOWING IT. I never had one problem

August 8, 2014 7:28 PM

Review by Anon21067 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had an underlying infection after having my wisdom teeth removed. My doc put me on clindamycin 1.5mg and it worked magic. I felt remarkably better the next day after starting this and didn't suffer any of the side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by The DIrector (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I was scared away from using this by all of the horrifying reviews I read, but after Z-pac did nothing, the pain forced me to try it anyway. I have had absolutely no side effects, and after taking it for a week, the infection in my tooth seems to be gone. It may have helped that I also took a probiotic each morning.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 2:02 PM

Review by Jbhctim (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had my wisdom teeth removed 3 weeks ago and everything was fine until yesterday morning my face swelled and had pain that basically locked my jaw in place. I went to my ortho surgeon and he prescribed clindamycin for an infection. I'm prescribed it for once every 4 hours. After taking the first pill I went and laid down not thinking about it...burning came immediately. I'm drinking water like crazy and it's helping but I'm worried for what is to come. I've never had side effects to any medicine.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by zohair (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: For my sinus infection they originally gave me penicillin which landed me in the ER. Apparently the ER doctor said penicillin wasn't strong enough to combat it. So she prescribed me this clindamycin but told me that I will feel relief in 48 hours. Now being bedridden for 5 days on penicillin I was excited and 2 days later I can finally breath through my nose. Didn't have to worry about dry mouths since I had to breath through my mouth even when I TRIED sleeping.

July 15, 2014 1:31 PM

Review by litlprincess (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: This has worked great on my MRSA but the side effects have been HORRIBLE. I have felt like I've had the flu but worse, fever, nauseous, but the worst has been the itching! I'm not breaking out in hives but it's a deep internal itch that I can't stop! Benadryl helps but makes me sleepy! I'm not sure if it's an allergic reaction but in all the reviews I have read, no one mentions this.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 1:37 PM

Review by Rosesann (taken for less than 1 month):

For Surgical Prophylaxis: Within a few days after minor knee surgery I have had serious loose stools several times a day for four months.

July 1, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by Rocketman007:

For Bone infection: I am currently taking 330 mg capsules after one of my dental implants failed to take and the doc thinks there is an infection. I don't know that the medicine is helping that condition, there never has been any pain, swelling or drainage. However, as many others, the "heartburn" is like I've never experienced. I tolerate pain pretty well, but I was on the verge of tears when I climbed into bed one night. I honestly thought it might be an oncoming heart attack. I found taking an ibuprofen with the capsule headed off much of the bother. Saw nothing listed in the side effects list that came with the medicine, but is frequently mentioned here.

May 26, 2014 2:19 PM

Review by Happyheartburn (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I went to the ER because I could not swallow due to the pus pockets on my tonsils and my swollen glands. They gave me a dose of this medicine in the hospital and 2 hours later I could swallow again. I got the prescription filled and took it, holy heartburn. It is worth the pain of the heartburn because this medicine definitely worked for me.

May 25, 2014 1:29 PM

For Skin Infection: Medicine worked for my soft-tissue skin infection. However, it caused tremendous heartburn that generally lasted a couple of hours. Tums helped that side-effect. Did better when I took the medicine with food, even though the label said to take with an empty stomach.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 2:35 AM

Review by dogbytes (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had six upper teeth that were erupted pulled yesterday. The night before I had major swelling in my face from my upper lip to my lower eye. My wife was afraid of the swelling but there was little we could do due to the fact that it was late at night and I had a dental appointment the next morning at 9.00 am. I went in and had the teeth yanked out, anyway I started with clindamycin that afternoon and I have had four doses of 300mg now. I haven't had that much problem with heartburn (which I always get but I had taken Zantac last night). I do get a burpy after taste but it's manageable. I will update as to any further developments. But my swelling has greatly been reduced.

March 21, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by Marcijo1994:

For Bacterial Infection: I was prescribed this medication every 6 hrs for a severe tooth infection that was sore to my neck. It's been 3 days and the pain is subsiding a bit, very little heartburn, but I also am on prescription Prilosec. You cannot take any heartburn meds for 2-4hrs before and after taking clindamycin. My dosage is every 6 hrs. So far my worst side effect is the stomach cramping and I have the absolute worst metal taste in my mouth. Nothing seems to take it away. I suggest definitely following the directions exactly, especially with drinking water and NOT laying down for at least 20-30mins.

March 11, 2014 6:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had to take this for a gum/nerve infection & the medicine did work very well but the heartburn is unbearable. It says don't lay down for 10 minutes but I'd say don't lie down for about 30min (I learned the hard way) also make sure you take it with a lot of water.

March 10, 2014 5:43 AM

Review by Ftuser (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had a severe dental and gum infection. After two bouts of penicillin my dentist prescribed Clindamyacin. I have two days left of seven. I read all the Rx materials and nothing on it about not laying down. Every night I got heartburn. This morning my stomach is in knots and I have terrible heartburn. Your comments here have helped me feel at ease about it. I have been eating yogurt and taking probiotics to help but not at my 3:30 am dose. Will fix that right away. It has helped my infection.

March 2, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by ny585girl:

For Prevention of Perinatal Group B Streptococcal Disease: I'm 31, I have my tonsils and I have never had any problems with my ears/nose/throat. I was prescribed amoxicillin. The doctor said I was not responding to amoxicillin, the strep was antibiotic resistant, I now had 2 ear infections and was in danger of the strep causing heart or kidney damage. I take clindamycin 300mg 3X a day, I've been on it 3 days and will be taking it a total of 10 days. I experienced diarrhea the first day only. Then again I am not eating much either. My throat is improving, ears too. An added bonus is that my complexion is clear.

March 1, 2014 8:42 PM

Review by God2224:

For Bacterial Infection: PLEASE READ(VERY HELPFUL TIPS FOR HEARTBURN/STOMACH PAIN) the second day I started taking the pill, I had horrible stomach pain and heartburn. I tried to get of the medicine, but the doctor said I needed these. Anyways here's the help, before taking your pill eat a big meal (for breakfast I have a bowl of cereal, couple slice of bread, and some yogurt) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOGURT BEFORE TAKING THE PILL. It helps A LOT. I am now 6 days in and only have slight heartburn. I suggest 2 servings of yogurt, 2-3 pieces of bread, and something on the side. I take these pills 3 times a day, so I have a big meal on the morning, 3pm, and 11pm. Trust me, the yogurt really works!

February 28, 2014 11:33 PM