User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 64 medications

Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 191 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Bacterial Infection: "Terrible heartburns for like 3 days, I've been drinking probiotics and eating yogurt, and taking anti-acid medication, nothing helps. Can't wait to finish taking these horrible tablets."

mt280880 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Take it exactly as prescribed and that means with a full glass of water. I did really well with the medication so far. I already feel better and I have both ears infected, bronchitis and a sinus infection."

Denverblondy (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "This antibiotic is brutal, but does its job. I began it 3 days ago due to pericoronitis (infection at rear of wisdom tooth). By the 3rd dose, the infection was basically gone. It worked so quickly that I questioned if my body had killed off the bacteria, or if the antibiotic was really that powerful. It's really that powerful. Sadly, the side-effects are quite unpleasant, but an indicator that they are really working. Fatigue, mild nausea, and lower abdominal issues seem to be quite common, and all three have hit me. It's unpleasant to the point that I've more than once thought of stopping the treatment, but I know that's a bad idea. It works really well...I just hope that I don't have to take it again for a very long time."

Nick11 June 2, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Took this for 10 days after dental surgery. A week or so later I developed pretty much non-stop diarrhea which was then diagnosed as Clostridium Difficlle, aka CD, Took drugs for 7 months (Flagyl) until it finally went away with Vancomycin. Stay away from Clindamycin !"

Anon123897 May 30, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Given for amoxocillin non respondent strep/tonsillitis. This is my 4th day. Infection immediately started diminishing. I have had the worst heartburn and indigestion imaginable. I was not warned about the water or not laying down until I read these posts. Hopefully that helps because I am miserable and still have 6 days to go!!! :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Had pericoronitis several times and once and a small abscess on the gum flap which partially covers my wisdom tooth. Dose was 300mg 4x a day for a week, only took 3x a day and took longer to finish the dose. Very effective at taking care of the infection. Side effects: feeling out of it/dizzy, headache/head pressure some days, strange powdery/metallic taste in mouth, diarrhea when I came off the medicine,(lasted for months the first time, ate a lot of Activia and that greatly improved stool). I have anxiety/panic disorder and these symptoms made it really hard for me to take it. TAKE WITH A LOT OF WATER, STAY HYDRATED. HAVE SMALL MEAL BEFORE+YOGURT. DONT SKIP MEALS. DO NOT LAY DOWN FOR 30 MINS AFTER TAKING."

For Pericoronitis/Abscess May 25, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "DO NOT LAY DOWN after taking this pill. Felt like my throat caught on fire. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Makes me bloated to the point that I can't drink even water! Horrible diarrhea! Itchy skin sore throat. Tired, nauseous and moody! It basically put you into menopause! But hey my infection is gone. Lol"

Abscess tooth May 23, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Went to the ER for a severe bacterial infection in my foot and was prescribed clindamycin, 300mg every 6hrs for 10 days...it's been rough. Definite nausea and heartburn. I feel incredibly tired and have had more bowel movements than normal. My symptoms from the infection on my foot have almost gone away, but the antibiotics have been very unpleasant. I guess it's a give and take, killing the bacterial infection ends up waging war on my insides..."

petra3600 May 13, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was given clindamycin for bacterial vaginosis while pregnant. I had been on it once years before for something else and it made me vomit once and mildly uncomfortable the rest of the time. This time it has caused throat and chest pain and tightening, rash, horrible heartburn, and more. Doctor won't give me anything else, but I am beginning to think the BV is of less risk to baby than this is. Never again"

SofiM May 2, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "My daughter was prescribed 300mg x 3 times a day for Strepthroat that had returned 6 days after finishing a 10 day prescription of Amoxicillin, worst stomach pains and heartburn ever, we tried drinking the water, sitting up and then Tums and Pepto but nothing helped. Waiting for Dr to call back with something else. Terrible side effects"

Strep (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Last Wednesday 4/22/2015, I went to the dentist for a severe tooth ache. I wasn't sure if I had a really bad cavity or an abscessed tooth. The technician takes an X-ray of the infected tooth, and the dentist offers to pull it, I say alright cause I'm thinking it is a cavity. Novocaine won't numb it, my left lower next to last jaw tooth is throbbing. The dentist tries to pull it out with a pair of forceps. I came out of the chair in pain, then she tells me I have an abscessed tooth! I've been taking this antibiotic for 5 to 6 days, and it is just now starting to take effect. I'm taking 150 mg, 2 capsules three times daily till gone. I eat before I take it, and this medicine still makes me feel nauseated."

Snow Bunny (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "This was the first prescription for a salivary gland infection - 150mg x3 a day. I wasn't given any information about it, which is alarming after having looked up the side effects. I have thalassemia and Irritable Bowel Syndrome, so this was definitely a bad choice for me. Had to stop taking it after 6 doses, as I nearly passed out at work. After being off of it for 4 days and taking so little of it, I'm still experiencing the side effects as if I were still taking it, even with probiotics. I would recommend taking it as a last resort, but not at all if you already have digestive issues or blood disorders."

Anon453 April 21, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Had sinus surgery last tuesday and was prescribed Amox. My surgeons office called me at home that night , I believe to change my medication to Clindamycin because some matter that was removed from sinus tested positive for MRSA Wonderful!!! Anyhow, my medical team gave me a prescription for Clindamycin taken 3x daily 300mg On the recommendation of a Scientist friend of mine and the medical staff, I bought softgel Probiotic which I take a half hour before my first Clindamycin in the morning. Only one Probiotic is needed per day. I have had no side effects of the Clindamycin at all so far on my fifth day of use!!!! Taking the Softgel Probiotic is highly recommended. Hopefully the Clindamycin works as well as the Probiotic"

Joey57 April 11, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I woke up two days ago with the entire right side of my face swelled up like a balloon (from back of jaw to mid chin). Normally I try to tough things out - but this was quite frankly terrifying, so I ended up going to the ER. I was prescribed clindamycin 300mg every 6 hours, and naproxen twice daily. The first night (after taking two doses of the clindamycin, 1 of the naproxen) the swelling had increased by about 6%. However, a further 6 hours would have the swelling down about 50% and the pain nearly non-existant (battled with plain Advil). This is day three on the medicine and the pain is practically gone (only sore to the touch) - as is the swelling (about down to 20%, possibly even 15%). No side effects to speak of... yet."

'Soka (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "this medication was prescribed to me after contracting a severe bacterial infection after scratching my eyeball. I was prescribed an eye drop by the first gp, but after my eye worsened I went to the hospital where the doctor prescribed me clindamycin, I found that it helped with the infection almost immediately. Although in saying that im on my 3rd day in and the side effects are terrible. I have a constant head ache, my throat is sore, I feel feverish, get chills and just generally feel weak and sore. I haven't yet tried a probiotic but i'm going to start tomorrow. Drink it with plenty of water! I haven't had any heartburn yet and I hope not to."

dreamtime (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Went through Flagyl first. Didn't clear it. This worked. I don't believe I had too many side effects. Some diarrhea. Be careful though, this is powerful. I ended up with C-Diff. TAKE PROBIOTIC with this!! Florastor - I highly recommend it."

TimeWasNeverReal (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

For Bone infection: "After what was supposed to be a filling, turned into a molar extraction, I ended up with dry socket. Around day 5 after the extraction I also ended up Osteomyltis starting in the same area as the extraction. I was than prescribed Clindamycin, as the infection was getting worse and the pain was excruciating from my jawbone to my ear and in the dry socket. The Clindamycin after 2 days of being on it, I could start feeling a difference. By the time I finished the prescription there were no ill effects and minimal permanent damage to my jaw."

Rikki Lei (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I took this recently for one week because i had cellulitis my upperlip and right cheek due to a pimple that was popped by my doctor. I would recommend this especially to those who are allergic to penicillin. I took ceftriaxone before this for two weeks and in the middle of my medication i broke into hives. So to everyone, when the doctor says "theres only a 3% chance of penicillin allergy" just say NO. The side effects with clindamycin for me was loose stool and joint pains. Good thing i found this forum so im still taking my probiotic pills and also activia. So far my bowel movement is not a problem and my stool is getting better."

eveangel March 2, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have more of a concern/question than an experience to share. I have been taking Clindamycin 450 mgs 4 times daily....and started feeling a bit strange but nothing acutely abnormal just have felt off, so I came to read up on it & get other users reviews. Let's just say that had I known what could possibly happen weeks/months after stopping this drug, I wouldn't have taken it however now that I'm in half way through the prescription I've taken notice that in complete contradiction to the norm, I've had absolutely ZERO bowel movements in the last 6 days since starting this med & I'm getting concerned. Considering the norm reaction to this med is loose stools and/or diarrhea, I'm just concerned that it's doing something to my GI tract."

MarkyBy (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this medicine after I had a lower wisdom tooth removed. I read the label on the bottle and it warned me not to lay down so I never experienced any heart burn. I took 3 pills 8 hours apart as recremended. Day 7 I woke up with a rash on my abdomen, back, chest, and upper thigh. I immediately stopped taking it ( I know you should never stop taking an antibiotic & finish until gone) but there was no way I was going to risk it. About a week after stopping the medicine I've been experiencing terrible diarreah. I never took a probiotic. I would definitely suggest one if you're takimg this medicine. Waiting to see if it clears up on its own"

Courtneyking January 24, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have seen results within the first day of using it. Flagyl causes allergic reactions to me. I would take this before Flagyl. A lot of doctors prescribe Flagyl before this for some reason."

Ann G January 22, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have taken this twice in the past for dental and skin infection, and am currently on it again, all for dental issues. I developed C. diff after both previous cycles of taking this medicine, with the most recent being near-fatal. That said, it's the best medicine for treating broad-spectrum serious infections, so it did work on the initial infection well each time. I have also developed a mild blistery rash on my chest and upper arms while taking this in the past, but it cleared up when finishing the meds. My only major warning: if you develop C diff. symptoms in the weeks or months following this medication (several watery/loose stools per day, weakness, stomach pain, vomiting, nausea), insist your doctor test a stool sample to culture for C. Diff."

Infecty McFectison (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2014

For Bacterial Infection: "I had a tooth infection, my face was swollen alot. After two-three days the swelling went away! It is an effective medicine but it also leaves a terrible taste in my mouth after every pill I took. I also had lack of appetite and I lost a few kilos due to it."

daxis November 30, 2014

For Bacterial Infection: "I just got put on this 5 days ago for a breastfeeding related infection in my left breast. I get the worst heartburn, tightening in my chest, and SEVERE burning in my throat. It also gives me terrible indigestion when I try to eat anything. The pain lasts for hours. No one told me about the drinking full glass of water and not laying down after. I feel a little better now, after reading these testimonials. And on the plus side it is working great on getting rid of the infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2014

For Bacterial Infection: "I didn't want to take an antibiotic at all after my tooth was pulled, couple days later I realized that I need to. I started taking it. Gum looks better. I am on the 4 day of. I don't have any side effects listed on this site. But mine are different. I am a woman and I would suggest a lot of yogurt. I have some mucus developed anytime I go to the bathroom and in my nose as well. It's yellow color and not green. Feels like cold. But when I wake up in the morning it feels better when I am not taking it. Plenty water and yogurt for women. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT WITH FOOD. AND YOGURT. DON'T FORGET TO TAKE PROBIOTIC AFTER."

Diana fleur November 25, 2014