Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 75 medications

Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 145 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Clindamycin

Review by zohair (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: For my sinus infection they originally gave me penicillin which landed me in the ER. Apparently the ER doctor said penicillin wasn't strong enough to combat it. So she prescribed me this clindamycin but told me that I will feel relief in 48 hours. Now being bedridden for 5 days on penicillin I was excited and 2 days later I can finally breath through my nose. Didn't have to worry about dry mouths since I had to breath through my mouth even when I TRIED sleeping.

July 15, 2014 1:31 PM

Review by litlprincess (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: This has worked great on my MRSA but the side effects have been HORRIBLE. I have felt like I've had the flu but worse, fever, nauseous, but the worst has been the itching! I'm not breaking out in hives but it's a deep internal itch that I can't stop! Benadryl helps but makes me sleepy! I'm not sure if it's an allergic reaction but in all the reviews I have read, no one mentions this.

July 11, 2014 1:37 PM

Review by Rosesann (taken for less than 1 month):

For Surgical Prophylaxis: Within a few days after minor knee surgery I have had serious loose stools several times a day for four months.

July 1, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by Rocketman007:

For Bone infection: I am currently taking 330 mg capsules after one of my dental implants failed to take and the doc thinks there is an infection. I don't know that the medicine is helping that condition, there never has been any pain, swelling or drainage. However, as many others, the "heartburn" is like I've never experienced. I tolerate pain pretty well, but I was on the verge of tears when I climbed into bed one night. I honestly thought it might be an oncoming heart attack. I found taking an ibuprofen with the capsule headed off much of the bother. Saw nothing listed in the side effects list that came with the medicine, but is frequently mentioned here.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2014 2:19 PM

Review by Happyheartburn (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I went to the ER because I could not swallow due to the pus pockets on my tonsils and my swollen glands. They gave me a dose of this medicine in the hospital and 2 hours later I could swallow again. I got the prescription filled and took it, holy heartburn. It is worth the pain of the heartburn because this medicine definitely worked for me.

May 25, 2014 1:29 PM

For Skin Infection: Medicine worked for my soft-tissue skin infection. However, it caused tremendous heartburn that generally lasted a couple of hours. Tums helped that side-effect. Did better when I took the medicine with food, even though the label said to take with an empty stomach.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 2:35 AM

Review by dogbytes (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had six upper teeth that were erupted pulled yesterday. The night before I had major swelling in my face from my upper lip to my lower eye. My wife was afraid of the swelling but there was little we could do due to the fact that it was late at night and I had a dental appointment the next morning at 9.00 am. I went in and had the teeth yanked out, anyway I started with clindamycin that afternoon and I have had four doses of 300mg now. I haven't had that much problem with heartburn (which I always get but I had taken Zantac last night). I do get a burpy after taste but it's manageable. I will update as to any further developments. But my swelling has greatly been reduced.

March 21, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by Marcijo1994:

For Bacterial Infection: I was prescribed this medication every 6 hrs for a severe tooth infection that was sore to my neck. It's been 3 days and the pain is subsiding a bit, very little heartburn, but I also am on prescription Prilosec. You cannot take any heartburn meds for 2-4hrs before and after taking clindamycin. My dosage is every 6 hrs. So far my worst side effect is the stomach cramping and I have the absolute worst metal taste in my mouth. Nothing seems to take it away. I suggest definitely following the directions exactly, especially with drinking water and NOT laying down for at least 20-30mins.

March 11, 2014 6:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had to take this for a gum/nerve infection & the medicine did work very well but the heartburn is unbearable. It says don't lay down for 10 minutes but I'd say don't lie down for about 30min (I learned the hard way) also make sure you take it with a lot of water.

March 10, 2014 5:43 AM

Review by Ftuser (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had a severe dental and gum infection. After two bouts of penicillin my dentist prescribed Clindamyacin. I have two days left of seven. I read all the Rx materials and nothing on it about not laying down. Every night I got heartburn. This morning my stomach is in knots and I have terrible heartburn. Your comments here have helped me feel at ease about it. I have been eating yogurt and taking probiotics to help but not at my 3:30 am dose. Will fix that right away. It has helped my infection.

March 2, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by ny585girl:

For Prevention of Perinatal Group B Streptococcal Disease: I'm 31, I have my tonsils and I have never had any problems with my ears/nose/throat. I was prescribed amoxicillin. The doctor said I was not responding to amoxicillin, the strep was antibiotic resistant, I now had 2 ear infections and was in danger of the strep causing heart or kidney damage. I take clindamycin 300mg 3X a day, I've been on it 3 days and will be taking it a total of 10 days. I experienced diarrhea the first day only. Then again I am not eating much either. My throat is improving, ears too. An added bonus is that my complexion is clear.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2014 8:42 PM

Review by God2224:

For Bacterial Infection: PLEASE READ(VERY HELPFUL TIPS FOR HEARTBURN/STOMACH PAIN) the second day I started taking the pill, I had horrible stomach pain and heartburn. I tried to get of the medicine, but the doctor said I needed these. Anyways here's the help, before taking your pill eat a big meal (for breakfast I have a bowl of cereal, couple slice of bread, and some yogurt) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOGURT BEFORE TAKING THE PILL. It helps A LOT. I am now 6 days in and only have slight heartburn. I suggest 2 servings of yogurt, 2-3 pieces of bread, and something on the side. I take these pills 3 times a day, so I have a big meal on the morning, 3pm, and 11pm. Trust me, the yogurt really works!

February 28, 2014 11:33 PM

Review by eranno (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: This medicine did get rid of my skin infection (MRSA) however, it gave me a slew of other problems. I had awful headaches, pain in my intestines, a change in my bowel habits/change in stool, and now, about a week off of the medication, I still have pain in my intestines and now I have a vaginal yeast infection. I have been taking acidophilus tablets since I stopped clindamycin.

February 3, 2014 12:51 PM

For Bacterial Infection: Started taking this 4 days ago, 300mg 3x daily. After 1 day the swelling started to go down and by day 4 the swelling is gone. After 2-3 days the pain subsided (it is still there, but a LOT less severe). But as the pain subsided, in came the nasty taste in the mouth. I tried mouthwash (doesn't help)... I've tried drinking plenty of water (doesn't help)... and I've tried gum (works temporarily but as soon as the gums out of the mouth, the taste comes back and my jaw starts hurting when I chew it.

January 25, 2014 11:47 PM

Review by raiders25:

For Sinusitis: I get terrible sinus infections at least once a year. The doctor use to give me amoxicillin and it got to a point were it did no good at all, I went to another doctor and she gave clindamycin and it worked like magic in 2 days I felt so much better.

January 23, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by atthoma (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I am a Type 1 diabetic with a chronic leg ulcer. Prescribed 600mg clindamycin 2x daily. Now I figured out the heartburn after reading this. The leg wound isn't healing yet, am in day 6 of treatment out of 20 days. Pray this works.

January 10, 2014 12:07 AM

Review by fla1964 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Being treated for a leg ulcer with this medication. I have 5 pills left out of the 2 wk dose and I am finding it hard to finish. I too am experiencing extreme heartburn on top of the acid reflux I already have, so bad I have knots in my stomach which is making it hard for me to eat. It is very painful when the food goes down. My chest hurt and I was tired a lot after taking this. It did though clear up this infection right away. Going to try and get through the last 5. Reading others posts have been so helpful. I knew nothing about not lying down for 30 mins after taking it and I will get back on yogurt to. Thanks for all the tips

December 24, 2013 1:42 AM

Review by Cris Cowan (taken for less than 1 month):

For Peritonitis: I was diagnosed with an Peritonsillar Abscess in the back of my throat on my left side. The medicine is working well as far as I can tell. I haven't had diarrhea since I was giving the medication but I did forget to not lay down for 10 mins and I never thought I was going to fall asleep last night because I was in so much pain.

December 14, 2013 10:15 PM

Review by Jenbug2007 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Oh my goodness the heartburn. It is almost unbearable. And just like with any other antibiotic it seems, there is diarrhea. Just make sure to drink lots of water with this and pray you get through all the pills as quick as possible!

December 11, 2013 2:30 PM

Review by JayEll48:

For Skin Infection: I was prescribed 10 days of oral capsules of this medication after other medicines did nothing for a moderate skin abscess. Clindamycin is a strong antibiotic, and diarrhea is often a side effect. To help prevent this from happening, I took Acidophilus capsules. Yogurt does not provide enough Acidophilus--you really need the capsules. I took Clindamycin every 6 hours, so in between (that is, 3 hours after the antibiotic) I would take an Acidophlius capsule. I didn't bother getting up in the night to do this. I believe the Acidophilus prevented my getting diarrhea while the antibiotic cured the infection. You can get Acidophilus in health food stores in the refrigerator case.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2013 9:25 AM

Review by tab8585 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I was prescribed clindamycin 4 days ago for a gum/nerve infection due to an absessed tooth. I started to get pretty nervous about the heartburn I was experiencing. Worst of my life! Water is key, and so far so good. My swelling and pain went away after 2 days. I also noticed taking it every 6 hours EXACTLY (or however long you're prescribed to) helps a bunch too. Oh, and water, not laying down for about 30 minutes after, and more water.

December 9, 2013 1:58 AM

Review by baby brad:

For Bacterial Infection: I have had no problems with this clindamycin, no heartburn, nothing. It has helped me out a lot. Just do as the bottle says don't lay down for 10 mins and you should have no problems.

December 9, 2013 12:50 AM

Review by Alycia99:

For Peritonitis: I have a horrible bacterial infection in my wisdom tooth excruciating pain. My doctors prescribed me this antibiotic and within 24 hours the pain was barely noticeable. I have been taking it for 3 days now and absolutely no side effects thus far. Highly recommend this antibiotic.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2013 9:51 PM

Review by Nathan123:

For Bacterial Infection: Every time I take a pill I get heartburn. It varies in intensity.

November 6, 2013 2:13 PM

Review by jmm24 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: All I can say is I had two teeth pulled 6 days ago, by the 2nd day I had a horrible taste in my mouth, a constant headache, and pain in my gums while on pain killers. I went to the ER and the Dr prescribed 300 mg every 6 hours. So 4 days now on the medicine and pain killers and my gums still hurts and I still have a headache? I have been prescribed this medicine in the past and it normally works with no side effects. I have no idea why am I still in pain, while the pain killers do not make it go away, it makes the pain tolerable so I can do my every day things.

November 4, 2013 10:11 AM