User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 64 medications

Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 205 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Have been taking this for 4 days now 3 x 150mg capsules four times a day for a piercing infection along with using hydrocortisone cream. Taking this due to developing an immunity to Flucloxacillin. Symptoms including weeping of area and swelling resulting in severe discomfort. These began to clear up within 24 hours of taking drug and has now all but vanished. Suffering minor side effects, mainly a constant metallic taste in my mouth. Was warned of possible bowel problems but have yet to experience this. Hopefully that carries on for next 3 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have never had BV before but I have to admit it the medicine started to relieve all my symptoms within the first few days. I did experience nausea and chest pain sore throat but I feel like the good outweighed the bad through my treatment process I have a few more days left and I'm overall satisfied with my treatment."

1st Timer BV (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

For Sinusitis: "It nor any other antibiotic have helped my sinus infection at all. I get bad headaches with mine and nothing works regardless of the multiple trips to doctors."

Gravy Train August 25, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "This medicine does a quick job of removing infection. Im taking this due to an abscessed tooth & the next day, Im feeling no pain. The only complications Im having is the side effects. Painful, awful stomach cramps where it feels like Im being stabbed & the blade is twisting around. The pain comes in waves. Also, Im terribly gassy on both ends & I have no appetite & a huge headache. I have found if I eat something fatty before and yogurt with it helps. I take 300mg 3x a day for 7 days. Im on day 2. Effective drug, horrible side effects."

Marlena A August 13, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I had an absess and really bad infection in my mouth. I was put on Clindamycin 6 days ago and had 2 of my molars pulled 3 days after I started the meds. I feel a million times better, but I've had diarrhea a couple times and very mild heartburn once. I already eat yogurt twice a day so I don't know if that helped me out with some of the side effects. I'm on 300mgs 3 times a day. I do get a bit nauseous. Even though these side effects aren't fun I would rather deal with them any day than the pain I was feeling from the infection. It was unbearable."

Manda Lynn August 10, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Took prescribed dosage of 1200mg x 10 days. I felt I was being overdosed because I ended up in hospital in past from OD. Dr diagnosed me with Strep. No culture taken. It's been 3 weeks after. A knee got tendinitis and now both Achilles heels have knot and I can barely stand or walk. Horrible taste while taking Med. Loss of appetite. Nervousness. Mouth sores are back. Can't work."

Etinks August 7, 2015

For : "I was given this drug after a root canal and temp crown placement. I wasn't having any symptoms of infection (pain/fever) prior to procedure, so it seemed a little strange to be given this after, but figured dentist knew what she was doing. 300mg every 6hrs (4 X / day) for 2 weeks. stomach pain/diarrhea started after 24hrs. I called the dentist asking for something else and was told I didn't have to take it anymore if it was causing me issues. ??? WHAT-why was I even given this extreme antibiotic to begin with? was on this med for 3 days and 24hr after i'm still having bad digestive issues. feel like it has caused an issue where there wasn't one originally. I will never take this ever again, just hope the damage isn't permanant"

geminip3 (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I took this last year for a severe bacterial infection on my chin last year. It certainly did it's job with clearing up the infection. HOWEVER, I will NEVER be taking this medication again if something similar happens in the future. The side effects I experienced were absolutely excruciating! I had heartburn that made me feel like I was going to die- a sharp pain that felt like a lump in my chest that was stabbing me from the inside. My family thought that I was just being dramatic, but after reading some reviews on here, I know a lot of people have had similar experiences. I took the drug 4x a day, and ended up gaining weight on it, because the only thing that helped dull the pain was eating a TON of food with it."

Rose Alee August 4, 2015

Cleocin (clindamycin) for Bacterial Infection: "Well, just took my last dose of this drug, Good Riddance!!! While it was effective in getting rid of the infection, it brought with it some very awful side effects. A strange metallic taste, fatigue, loose stools, pelvic cramping, abdominal pain on both sides, stomach discomfort, mood swings. I had to send my kids to a relatives house to finish this med because I have been feeling awful. No one told me to eat probiotics religiously, I do eat yogurt during any antibiotic treatment, but this specific drug requires a little more than a cup of yogurt a day, Day 2 I started taking Florastor, plus eating plain yogurt a lot, I hope I don't get the diarrhea that others have after stopping it. If you must take this,drink water and take probotics"

Penny1290 July 31, 2015

Cleocin (clindamycin) for Bacterial Infection: "I am currently on day 2 of this medication and I've had some troubling side effects. Very tired, nasty taste in my mouth and bouts of dizziness along with slight tummy upset and feeling foggy at times. I wish I would have been warned before taking it that it's best to take with probiotics, I have been eating yogurt, but from what I've read about this medication, it takes a lot more than yogurt to keep things normal. Thankfully I only have to take it for 4 days, 2 tabs every 6 hours, for a tooth infection. I am hoping I don't develop any of the really awful side effects. The only reason I was prescribed was because I had am allergic reaction to Augmentin. Given the severity of the side effects you'd think they would warn patients."

CrystMar July 29, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been on Clindamycin HCL for 5 days now for MRSA & have 2 days left. I have had heart burn for most of my life (I was in a fire when I was 10 & was on a staggering amount of medication that screwed with my belly) but the heart burn I experienced the first 2 days on Clindamycin was the most severe I've ever had. I followed the directions, drank a lot of water, didn't lay down after taking it, etc... but I was still in so much pain & was bloated. I take Protonix to help control my heart burn, but I don't take it every day. I realized on day 3 that if I took the Protonix first thing in the morning with breakfast & waited an hour to take my first dose of Clindamycin that I didn't have the heart burn at all!!! I thought I'd pass it on."

Nikki Lea (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Prescribed 300 mg 3x a day for five days. Take during a normal sized meal. Side effects have been occasional diarrhea and now the worst chest pain/heartburn. Took the medicine before bed, didn't lie down until later but woke up with incredible pain in my chest that spread. Before reading these posts, the chest pain was so bad I was ready to go to the ER. Unsure how long this heartburn will last, otherwise this antibiotic did it's job and the infection is is mostly gone. Very effective. Still have a couple more days to go. "

ArizonaMMM July 28, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "On Day 2 of the Clindamycin Inserts and I have no side effects and my BV has already improved but will continue to take the remaining 5 inserts. The directions say each night do one insert for 7 nights."

TreatBV (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Been taking for about two days and it seems to be working, but the side effects are terrible I feel tired and have a headache and pains in my chest area. Make sure to drink water and don't lie down for 10 minutes after taking it."

Anonymous July 22, 2015

For Surgical Prophylaxis: "The swab taken from my wound revealed NO serious bacteria, however, drug selected by consultant. I managed 8 of the 300mgs capsules which were prescribed 4 daily. What a hellish experience. Severe diarrhoea began following stopping drug after only 8 capsules. it continues. Severe fatigue, oral thrush and feeling 100% worse than having abscess treated in OR and wound packed, etc. I will never touch this poison again no,matter what is wrong with me!"

Barley79 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Terrible heartburns for like 3 days, I've been drinking probiotics and eating yogurt, and taking anti-acid medication, nothing helps. Can't wait to finish taking these horrible tablets."

mt280880 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Take it exactly as prescribed and that means with a full glass of water. I did really well with the medication so far. I already feel better and I have both ears infected, bronchitis and a sinus infection."

Denverblondy (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "This antibiotic is brutal, but does its job. I began it 3 days ago due to pericoronitis (infection at rear of wisdom tooth). By the 3rd dose, the infection was basically gone. It worked so quickly that I questioned if my body had killed off the bacteria, or if the antibiotic was really that powerful. It's really that powerful. Sadly, the side-effects are quite unpleasant, but an indicator that they are really working. Fatigue, mild nausea, and lower abdominal issues seem to be quite common, and all three have hit me. It's unpleasant to the point that I've more than once thought of stopping the treatment, but I know that's a bad idea. It works really well...I just hope that I don't have to take it again for a very long time."

Nick11 June 2, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Took this for 10 days after dental surgery. A week or so later I developed pretty much non-stop diarrhea which was then diagnosed as Clostridium Difficlle, aka CD, Took drugs for 7 months (Flagyl) until it finally went away with Vancomycin. Stay away from Clindamycin !"

Anon123897 May 30, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Given for amoxocillin non respondent strep/tonsillitis. This is my 4th day. Infection immediately started diminishing. I have had the worst heartburn and indigestion imaginable. I was not warned about the water or not laying down until I read these posts. Hopefully that helps because I am miserable and still have 6 days to go!!! :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Had pericoronitis several times and once and a small abscess on the gum flap which partially covers my wisdom tooth. Dose was 300mg 4x a day for a week, only took 3x a day and took longer to finish the dose. Very effective at taking care of the infection. Side effects: feeling out of it/dizzy, headache/head pressure some days, strange powdery/metallic taste in mouth, diarrhea when I came off the medicine,(lasted for months the first time, ate a lot of Activia and that greatly improved stool). I have anxiety/panic disorder and these symptoms made it really hard for me to take it. TAKE WITH A LOT OF WATER, STAY HYDRATED. HAVE SMALL MEAL BEFORE+YOGURT. DONT SKIP MEALS. DO NOT LAY DOWN FOR 30 MINS AFTER TAKING."

For Pericoronitis/Abscess May 25, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "DO NOT LAY DOWN after taking this pill. Felt like my throat caught on fire. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Makes me bloated to the point that I can't drink even water! Horrible diarrhea! Itchy skin sore throat. Tired, nauseous and moody! It basically put you into menopause! But hey my infection is gone. Lol"

Abscess tooth May 23, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Went to the ER for a severe bacterial infection in my foot and was prescribed clindamycin, 300mg every 6hrs for 10 days...it's been rough. Definite nausea and heartburn. I feel incredibly tired and have had more bowel movements than normal. My symptoms from the infection on my foot have almost gone away, but the antibiotics have been very unpleasant. I guess it's a give and take, killing the bacterial infection ends up waging war on my insides..."

petra3600 May 13, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was given clindamycin for bacterial vaginosis while pregnant. I had been on it once years before for something else and it made me vomit once and mildly uncomfortable the rest of the time. This time it has caused throat and chest pain and tightening, rash, horrible heartburn, and more. Doctor won't give me anything else, but I am beginning to think the BV is of less risk to baby than this is. Never again"

SofiM May 2, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "My daughter was prescribed 300mg x 3 times a day for Strepthroat that had returned 6 days after finishing a 10 day prescription of Amoxicillin, worst stomach pains and heartburn ever, we tried drinking the water, sitting up and then Tums and Pepto but nothing helped. Waiting for Dr to call back with something else. Terrible side effects"

Strep (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015