User Reviews for Norvasc

Learn more about Norvasc.

Reviews for Norvasc to treat Migraine Prevention

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started taking Norvasc after trying many other meds. including Topamax which had too many bad side effects for me. So far since starting about a month ago; I have only had 1 headache and that was at the very beginning. No side effects. I was having headaches which was affected by weather pressure; about 1 a week. So nice not to have them and to feel good on this medication.

September 25, 2012 5:55 PM

Review by cghipp:

I was given Norvasc to replace Lisinopril after I started having constant coughing. I take it for hypertension, but I am a frequent migraine sufferer, especially due to changes in air pressure and to exercise. The first week on Norvasc, I had a migraine all day, every day. The following week, I took no migraine medication (Imitrex) or OTC meds at all - even though we had two days when I would normally have had weather-related issues, and I played tennis on another day. I did have swollen feet the first few days, but I increased my water intake and that seems to be the key for me. So far I'm very impressed with the results.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2012 3:22 PM

Norvasc was given to me to treat migraine headaches. I am 28 years old. I was having them as frequently as every other day. I dealt with this for five years before being prescribed Norvasc. After two months of taking a 5mg dosage, I can say I am a new person!

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 12, 2011 2:22 PM