User Reviews for Enalapril

Also known as: Epaned, Vasotec

Learn more about Enalapril.

Hypertensive Emergency 1 reviews 14 medications

Left Ventricular Dysfunction 3 reviews 15 medications

6.7
High Blood Pressure 8 reviews 262 medications

6.6
Diabetic Kidney Disease 1 reviews 13 medications

Summary of Enalapril reviews 13 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Enalapril

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed 5 mg for borderliine high bp I started taking a 1/4 at a time because I think the body should get used to a medication and I didn't want to have dizziness or any side effects. I wanted to see how I tolerated it. Its been fine Im on full dose now I did have very little light headedness and tired. I don't have the any of those side effects anymore. I gave this a 10 because my bp is perfect now and I tolerate it well. Also not many ppl right good reviews just bad and thats what makes people nervous about meds. Good Luck. Love and Light and Good Health to all."

indigogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "The coughing while on this drug (3rd month now) is driving me mental, the coughing is hard, wakes me up 6 times a night, and I sneeze uncontrollably during the day. This causes incontinence ( I am 72) I went off it today to see if I could normalize my life. My blood pressure is still high even though I am on amlopodine and a diuretic too. Also my legs ache."

mavourneen (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure used to average 150/100, so a doctor put me on Enalapril 5 mg. Within 6 days I had to go to an optician to check my eyes because my vision became so blurry. In addition I developed an extremely dry mouth and drinking water didn't help. I also got a sore throat for two days. My blood pressure went down somewhat to 130/90. However a different doctor discontinued the enalapril and put me on Zaart h. A day later after taking the Zaart h my vision has improved and my pressure is at 104/74. Never taking enalapril again."

AngelDelight January 6, 2016

Vasotec (enalapril) for Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "This medication worked great for me as far as keeping my BP in check while I recovered from heart failure. I did have some mild coughing and dizziness if I got up too fast, but nothing I couldn't handle. After being on this for 1 1/2 years I developed angioedema - swelling of lip and face. Was immediately taken off the meds, told to take some Benadryl. The symptoms went away and I was put on a different medication."

JustMEinNC June 5, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Vasotec controlled my blood pressure but the constant cough is unnerving. I am requesting a change of medication from my physician."

Anonymous October 1, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking Atenolol which wasn't working as well as it should but was keeping my Blood Pressure in somewhat reasonable range. Doctor switched me to Enalapril, hoping it would work better than the Atenolol. It didn't. Blood Pressure went up and stayed very high, pulse also went up and stayed high as well. Had some mild fainting spells as well. I'm sure it works for some people, but not for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "Have had great blood pressure readings ever since I started taking Enalapril. However, I have had severe coughing. I may need to find another blood pressure med. My coughing interrupts my sleeping and causes me to vomit on occasion. Nobody can stand to be around me!"

Dianw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I rated this an 8 because I don't have anything to compare it to, but as far as reducing my blood pressure, it works very well. I can tell when I haven't taken my daily dose because I get clammy and hot and all of the effects associated with high blood pressure. When I do take it, those effects subside and my blood pressure drastically drops to a normal level. Works good for me. I am going to try my next month on Lisinopril, and see how that works out. "

Drewfuss April 2, 2012

Vasotec (enalapril) for Diabetic Kidney Disease: "Had a continuing cough and had to stop taking."

Anonymous August 23, 2011

For Hypertensive Emergency: "Hypertension under control hours after taking medicine only for 3 -4 days. So far so good!"

Anonymous December 7, 2010

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "I'm sure that this medicine works wonders for those who can tolerate it, but not me. I was on it for 6 to 7 weeks and couldn't finish a sentence without coughing every two words. The worst part though is that it caused me to develop a case of pancreatitis after 7 weeks which kept me in the hospital for 10 days and was unable to eat for 10 days and not able to drink fluids for 5 days. I lived on IV fluids. I hope everyone else has better luck."

RogerEly November 29, 2010

For : "This is a wonderful drug. I was a test subject in the Pediatric Clinical Trials for Enalapril. I've never had an issue with it, even in trials. It's always done its job with no side effects at least for me."

stardog1080 December 29, 2008

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "Enalapril has been shown to prevent the remodeling of heart structure. This is the most important drug that my 20 year old son takes with respect to delaying transplant. His ventricular function has not deteriorated since starting enalapril 9 years ago and his cardiologist tells him to take this medication religiously."

Brians Mom November 26, 2008

For High Blood Pressure: "This medicine is great"

elaineshepardcomcast.net October 23, 2008