User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 7 reviews 32 medications

Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 214 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lisinopril

Review by my experience (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: I started taking Lisinopril and was fine then one day I got them refilled and for the next week I was so tired I could barely get out of bed. I was told they changed the place where the pharmacy got the meds which probably meant was a different formula because the pills look different. I requested name brand Zestril even though they were more expensive. I felt 100% better! No more generic for me!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 4:57 PM
Review by Anymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Have been taking 10MG Zestril/Lisinopril for forty years plus, I am 69. It worked OK when I was in a very stressful job and works much better now that I am retired. I do have the runny nose issue but live in AZ so not sure if that is allergies. Based on what I have read in peoples comments, I am going to assume it is the meds. I also take what is called a water pill. The fatigue thing mentioned by many also applies to me. Erectile dysfunction is also a significant issue. I am considering getting off the medicines to see if that helps that issue. If anyone out there can provide any info on that matter, it would be appreciated.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2014 1:18 PM
Review by Rain2222 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I was on it for 2 years and the quality of my life deteriorated. When I began losing my hair I looked up the side effects of this and I found I must have been one who was very intolerant to it. I had the hacking cough, runny nose, my voice was hoarse, muscle cramps at night, incontinence, lethargy, thin brittle fingernails, and insomnia. I stopped taking it and all those symptoms are gone. I had seen doctors about these symptoms but they dismissed them.

March 13, 2014 12:09 AM
Review by Yessum (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Made me feel tired, depressed, but did lower my blood pressure. I only took it whilst I worked on getting my blood pressure down with exercise and diet. I have been off of it for a couple of months now and am bursting into life again! Still, it did its job well.

March 11, 2014 4:45 PM
Review by Always smiling: User Rating:

lisinopril for Migraine Prevention: All I can say is my doctor prescribed it because a few of his patients with high blood pressure reported their migraines had disappeared when they started lisinopril . I only had slightly elevated blood pressure which is also gone. It has been two years headache free. No side effects. I take 2.5 MG. 1 x day.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 27, 2014 9:57 AM
Review by Uncle Bugle (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Despite the reactions of some earlier reviewers, one of the reasons I prefer lisinopril to the others I've tried is that I do NOT feel dizzy. Nor do I feel groggy as I did on quinapril. I do find that I don't sleep well, and it does contribute to impotence. It also works really well, and I can get by on a smaller dose.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 19, 2014 11:39 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Not a good experience with this medication. I had constant lightheadedness upon standing and almost fainted once or twice. It also caused muscle cramping in my back.

February 19, 2014 1:15 AM
Review by Uncle Bugle (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I have "auditioned" eleven blood pressure medicines. So far, lisinopril is the least objectionable. For one thing, it really works. My blood pressure is down to 117/78 at 10 a.m. This is on only 2.5 mg, which is 1/2 of the smallest tablet they make. Two months ago, before lisinopril, I went to the ER because I was at 170/104. I do have a slight increase in head pain where I have had repeated craniotomies, but it is definitely less than any of the other medicines I've tried. I also retain water, have some hair loss, have lower blood sugar (not good for me because I am hypoglycemic), and somewhat wakeful sleep. But the worst symptom is that it makes me impotent to the point of penile atrophy. A good medicine for women.

February 17, 2014 1:38 PM
Review by Buckeye Boy (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I am a 57 year old male with historically high blood pressure. I was averaging 140 - 150 over high 90's to low 100's. I have been on the medication for about 3 weeks and my blood pressure is averaging 120's over 80's with no side effects at all. I hope this continues.

February 12, 2014 10:43 AM
Review by sknellie: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Have been on Lisonipril for 3 yrs with no side effects so I'm lucky. Has kept my blood pressure within normal range or lower.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 27, 2014 12:19 PM
Review by PLP (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

lisinopril for Migraine Prevention: Lisinopril has been a complete answer to prayer for me. I have had migraine headaches from childhood which have only increased in frequency and severity with age. (Violently ill & lasting 3 days) My doctors have tried every type of medication with very minimal results. In questioning 3 family members who are on Blood Pressure medicines, (all of whom have ceased having migraines), I found they are all on an ACE Inhibitor. I requested a trial of Lisinopril even though my blood pressure is normal. My doctor agreed to a 5mg/day trial, although she admitted she would have never thought to try this but for my research. Six months later, had no migraines. Only a few "chinook" (weather-related) mild headaches, easily treated with Tylenol or Advil. So Thankful!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 27, 2014 12:02 PM
Review by Lorilu441953: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Lisinopril is very effective at reducing my blood pressure. I have to be careful to stay hydrated to avoid the lightheadedness when standing up. I have fibromyalgia and have muscle aches and pains and attributed the muscles aches to that. I missed 2 days of the med and felt pretty good - blood pressure was fine. I know meds stay in our bodies for a few days, so I wasn't concerned. I took the med the next day and realized the awful muscle pain was back. I tried this 2 more times to make sure it wasn't a coincidence. The Lisinopril is causing the extreme muscle aches. No more Lisinopril for me!

December 29, 2013 11:06 AM
Review by Reg Tucker: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I took one dose experienced nausea, diarrhea, muscle weakness, dizziness, complete lethargy to point I couldn't function. Couldn't sleep without jerking awake and it actually scared me.

December 14, 2013 10:14 AM
Review by Minimoohead:

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: The cough with all the congestion is annoying. Everyone is always asking if I'm ill. My blood pressure is still averaging 190/124. BPM are around 90-135. I have been on 2.5 mg for 4 months with no change. I'm a 48 year old white female in a high pressured medical career. No health insurance so my Dr. writes me Linsinopril because it is free. My next appointment is in 2 weeks. I'm sure he will make changes.

December 7, 2013 10:57 AM
Review by Rose2Ian (taken for less than 1 month):

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Since beginning lisinopril I've been having vivid waking dreams and find it difficult to go back to sleep. I wake from loud clear sounds (breaking glass, doors creaking open) that leave my heart racing (anxiety?). When I do remain asleep my dreams are bad dreams (nightmares).

November 21, 2013 12:02 PM
Review by Local girl (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: My family history includes high bp. I started taking Lisinopril 20mg about 6 months ago in combination with HCTZ 7.5mg. The meds have greatly reduced my bp from 170/105 to 98/65. The side effects I experienced are dizziness, nausea and lack of sex drive. My lifestyle includes eating healthy and excercise. I'm considering asking my provider to lower my lisinopril dose.

October 28, 2013 11:40 AM
Review by gary1946 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

lisinopril for Migraine Prevention: Take for blood pressure and had weekly migraine aura. Only not good when driving, no migraines for 7 months now.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 28, 2013 11:50 PM
Review by Nmalik (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I am a 28 year old female and have been taking this for more than a year, was on an angiotensin receptor blockers before. It works quite well. Lowered the dose from 10mg to 7.5 mg. Changed the brand and got the famous annoying dry cough but went back o my old brand and it is gone. With occasional dizziness and headaches it is the only medicine which has alone been able to lower my blood pressure.

August 28, 2013 2:06 AM
Review by big bad john: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Discovered lisinopril was the cause of terrible headaches for 3 years on them. By accident quit taking them because blood pressure fell so low and no more headaches.

August 13, 2013 9:15 PM
Review by shmo (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: My lungs felt stuffy and a lot of nasal congestion. This had become so severe that I almost went to the emergency room on a couple of occasions thinking I was having extreme allergy problems.

August 6, 2013 6:39 PM
Review by dauna (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: Effective in lowing blood pressure, but gave me a terrible dry cough so had to change to another medicine.

August 6, 2013 12:45 PM
Review by efax (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Been taking lisinopril 10 mg for about 10 months and found it highly effective in controlling my high blood pressure from close to 150-78 down to about 119-65. No side effects experienced other than feeling slight dizziness when getting up from the floor after doing abdominals in the gym.

July 28, 2013 2:04 PM
Review by snooki1000: User Rating:

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: Helps me feel normal. Generic lisinopril caused severe dizziness.

July 27, 2013 9:48 AM
Review by sissy123456789 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Didn't work and made my nose bleed.

July 25, 2013 5:28 PM
Review by ange1 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

lisinopril for Heart Failure: After taking this medication Prior to being diagnosed with congestive heart failure, and cardiomyopathy stage 3 at age 36 I have taken this medication for 7 years without any problems, and then out of nowhere, I start having strange dreams, audio changes, swelling in my ears, my throat became swollen to the point of needing to go to the hospital. I also became flushed it looked like a sunburn, the doctors overlooked this due to the fact that it was summer, however I had not been in the sun, cough, feeling agitated and very confused restless with intense change of smell. I felt confused. A loss of appetite, blurred vision, swollen eyes & lips. Chills, feeling hot, cough, sinuses swollen. Had to stop lisinopril.

July 23, 2013 10:03 PM