User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 12 reviews 32 medications

Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 239 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Lisinopril

Review by mch999 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For High Blood Pressure: Seems to help with my blood pressure and protein in my urine. I am also type 2 diabetic. No noticeable side effects.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2015 6:15 PM

Review by Nanoo:

For Migraine Prevention: I had high blood pressure that turned out to be related to the job. My doctor put me on a low dose of linosipril and the blood pressure came down. And my migraines stopped. I did not make the connection until I left the job and we took me off of the linosipril. The blood pressure was normal but the migraines were back. I did a search for migraine medications and found linisopril on the list. I went right back to the doctor who was going to put me on Topamax and shared my findings. Two months on a low dosage of linisopril and no migraines. Woo hoo! Fingers are crossed and so far so good. Best of all it is a free prescription at my local grocery store pharmacy. What a tremendous relief after years of having migraines run my life.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 7:38 AM

Review by TeaSee:

For High Blood Pressure: I've enjoyed everyone`s experiences and opinions, however, you all have mentioned your blood pressure readings, but have not said anything about your pulse rate. So I thought I would bring that up because I've had some low pulse rates, anyone else? My Doctor started me on Lisinopril 5 mg eight days ago. I have been testing my Blood Pressure at home and have a chart that I record the readings on so I can spot any sudden changes. My lowest Blood Pressure Reading was 95 over 65, pulse 60. To me that`s scary. My highest reading was 153 over 84, pulse 95. This is due to extreme pain in my Lumbar. I was hit by a semi-dump truck T-Bone style at my drivers door. It messed up 3 disk in my lumbar. I refused back surgery, already had neck surgery.

January 24, 2015 7:17 PM

For High Blood Pressure: 42 yrs old, decent shape, exercise regularly, eat pretty well most of the time. Family history of high blood pressure. I waited nearly a yr after the doctor prescribed lisinopril. Neighbor, 46 who was in great shape had a massive heart attack and died while jogging. Scared me. I've been taking it 3 days and I feel so much better! Did not realize the side effects of high blood pressure. Coughing a little, but I'll take that all day long to avoid bigger problems.

January 23, 2015 4:50 PM

Review by mikm (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Migraine Prevention: Headaches that lasted all day nearly every day for 18 months. Started on lisinopril for mildly elevated blood pressure (15 mg). Headaches went down to about one/month and those were now responsive to Excedrin.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 12:13 PM

Review by Mr. Feeljustfine:

For High Blood Pressure: I've been taking Lisinopril for a month now and I feel just fine. No noticeable difference as far as symptoms and my blood pressure has been reduced to an acceptable level.

January 23, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by captkrash:

For High Blood Pressure: Worked effectively lo lower bp, but within a short time after starting the lisinopril, I developed the "lisinopril cough," an irritating syndrome that results in hacking cough day, night, and in my sleep. Discontinued this medication due to that (highly known) side effect.

January 20, 2015 6:21 PM

Review by Gingerhair1105 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For High Blood Pressure: I've been taking it for a few months now. My blood pressure has gone from 140/91 ish to around normal. I would give it a ten but it's brought back my night terrors.

January 9, 2015 6:31 AM

Review by SDXYL (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: 27 year old, male. Been taking 5mg for just over a week now my blood pressure has gone from 180/110 to 125/85 and I'm feeling so much better. Very happy with this, so far no side effects I'm aware of.

December 30, 2014 7:13 AM

Review by AA1:

For High Blood Pressure: Lisinopril is an effective blood pressure medicine, however one of its significant side effects is Rosacea. I needed to stop taking and switch to beta blocker atenolol to control my blood pressure.

December 30, 2014 3:05 AM

Review by It's me B:

For Migraine Prevention: My doctor prescribed lisinopril for my blood pressure. She is an osteopath and very much into prevention. I'm not even sure my blood pressure is high. I've gone a few weeks without it and when I do my re check at the doc is 120/70. That happened a few times. But my point is, it really helped with my hormonal headaches. Now I'm period free and totally migraine free for 5 years. So hopefully you hormone migraine sufferers will have the same luck. It does give me that little annoying dry cough, but I'd say it's worth it.

December 15, 2014 11:23 PM

Review by J. B. R. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For High Blood Pressure: I've seen strong blood pressure and migraine reduction results but am awakened nightly a few times with a dry, hacking cough and have lost mostly all of my libido though I've never ever had that in my life and I'm happy and very in love. I'm on 20 mg daily.

November 27, 2014 12:07 AM

Review by Toms Z06 (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: Dry cough started after usage began. Cough was quite harsh and would cause me to wake at various times each night.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Review by marisamf:

For High Blood Pressure: Started taking this medication after giving birth to my baby 7 mos ago. It works wonderful on my blood pressure 201/170 to 116/85, but I feel aweful. I feel dizzy, light headed at times, aches and pains left arm pain and chest pain I thought I was having a heart attack. Now I have numbness and tingling to my extremities. Im only on 10 mg but I need a change I dont feel good with all these side effects.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 4:58 AM

Review by Granmammie (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For High Blood Pressure: Cardiologist put me on this 5 yrs ago. I've been getting bone and shoulder arm pain, and not thinking it was the medicine kept thinking I had something else. Finally I got so fed up with the bone pain the doctor changed the medicine a few days ago. Pain has lessened.

October 12, 2014 12:37 PM

Review by Eddie B. (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: I'm a 52 Hispanic male, started lisinopril 10mg seven days ago, blood pressure was 150/80 before starting medicines, last couple of days it's been 111/73 and 110/72 but last night I blacked out and fell to the ground, my wife say's I shook before falling, I told her before passing out that I didn't feel well. Paramedics think I "bottomed out" and to tell my doctor and he'll probably change it from 10mg. It was scary, thought I saw the "white light", I'm losing weight too, maybe too fast. Anyway I'm hoping he'll let me not take them at all and just let me try with my lifestyle changes.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2014 10:10 AM

Review by leebowski (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Migraine Prevention: I'm 35 and never experienced migraines before. I started taking 10mg of lisinopril and 200mg of Toprol XL as a result of heart failure. Now once or twice a month I get aura migraines. It seems backwards since both can be used to treat migraines. Not sure if it's connected but I will be asking at my next check up.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 12:01 PM

Review by Pinche gringo:

For Migraine Prevention: After a year of appointments & about 12 medication combinations later at the Cleveland Clinic Headache Clinic I have been on 20 mg Lisinopril, 120mg Diltiazem and 100 mg Doxepin daily for over 15 years. Down to 5 migraines per year. (Used to be 100/yr). With such a wonderful outcome we have tried to wean me off the meds 2 times. BAD IDEA. I'll probably be on these for next 30 years. But hopefully migraine free.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2014 1:52 PM

Review by George F:

For High Blood Pressure: Started 10 mg in 2008 increased to 20mg in 2010. Only side effect occasional dry cough. I sleep very well at night. I take my pill every morning. White male age 62.

August 24, 2014 9:20 AM

Review by Diokan:

For High Blood Pressure: Started taking Lisinopril after 10 years of Valsartan....for migraine prevention and high blood pressure. 10 MG once at night before bed. Works well for BP. Side Effects: A slightly higher tendency to cough/tickling in the throat. *Vivid dreams - No doubt about it - much more vivid and memorable dreams. *Migraines - I have been a migraine sufferer for much of my life. I didn't know that Lisinopril was used for migraine prevention until after being on the it for well over a month and commenting to my wife that my migraines had suddenly stopped. That feature alone, aside from blood pressure reduction, would be worth taking this medicine.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Pamelaws:

For High Blood Pressure: So far the medicine has been working well, without much side effect that I can attest to.

June 19, 2014 7:52 AM

Review by DaniJ (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: I've been on 5 mg of Lisinopril for over 2 years. I never developed the cough or nasal drip that others have had. I did have joint pain which would come and go. Lisinopril is great at controlling my BP. I'm an otherwise-healthy 5'3" 125 pound 47 yo female and my BP diastolic would not stay below 90. Typical BP was 140/98. So, I've taken 5 mg of Lisinopril for 2 years. But, I'm exhausted ALL the time, no appetite, severe abdominal pain, constant nausea and bloating/constipation when I do eat. I'm miserable (has been like this for 6 mo)!! On a whim, I stopped the Lisinopril 3 days ago. I'm not exhausted anymore. My appetite is back. Still have pain and nausea though.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2014 6:24 AM

Review by REALY:

For High Blood Pressure: I have had swelling of my right eye, tried to the point at the end of my work shift I want to just sleep, ache like I have the flu and most disturbing I go into major rage at everything. I have only been taking for 1-1/2 weeks I'm stopping before I hurt somebody in my rage.

June 9, 2014 1:36 PM

Review by Nana01:

For High Blood Pressure: Before taking lisinopril, I was 100 lbs overweight, constantly tired, constantly in pain over body and joints with some arthritis in back and hands. This medication has accentuated weakness, tiredness and pain which was reported to physician two months into treatment. At Dr urging, I have continued to take this medication but will discontinue use when this prescription runs out. I have developed frequent nosebleeds which I have not seen mentioned as a side effect of the medication, but will note whether this improves when off medication.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by nc hawkeye (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: I am a 67 year old black male. My blood pressure was slightly elevated 2 years ago. My doctor put me on lisinopril 20mg. I moved to a new location and changed doctors. He was determined that I should be changed to 10 mg of lisinopril. Now I suffer with a lost of sexual desire, headaches, dry cough, and nightmares.

May 13, 2014 9:03 AM