User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 9 reviews 32 medications

Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 227 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lisinopril

Review by Toms Z06 (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: Dry cough started after usage began. Cough was quite harsh and would cause me to wake at various times each night.

October 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Review by marisamf:

For High Blood Pressure: Started taking this medication after giving birth to my baby 7 mos ago. It works wonderful on my blood pressure 201/170 to 116/85, but I feel aweful. I feel dizzy, light headed at times, aches and pains left arm pain and chest pain I thought I was having a heart attack. Now I have numbness and tingling to my extremities. Im only on 10 mg but I need a change I dont feel good with all these side effects.

October 15, 2014 4:58 AM

Review by Granmammie (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For High Blood Pressure: Cardiologist put me on this 5 yrs ago. I've been getting bone and shoulder arm pain, and not thinking it was the medicine kept thinking I had something else. Finally I got so fed up with the bone pain the doctor changed the medicine a few days ago. Pain has lessened.

October 12, 2014 12:37 PM

Review by Eddie B. (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: I'm a 52 Hispanic male, started lisinopril 10mg seven days ago, blood pressure was 150/80 before starting medicines, last couple of days it's been 111/73 and 110/72 but last night I blacked out and fell to the ground, my wife say's I shook before falling, I told her before passing out that I didn't feel well. Paramedics think I "bottomed out" and to tell my doctor and he'll probably change it from 10mg. It was scary, thought I saw the "white light", I'm losing weight too, maybe too fast. Anyway I'm hoping he'll let me not take them at all and just let me try with my lifestyle changes.

September 14, 2014 10:10 AM

Review by leebowski (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Migraine Prevention: I'm 35 and never experienced migraines before. I started taking 10mg of lisinopril and 200mg of Toprol XL as a result of heart failure. Now once or twice a month I get aura migraines. It seems backwards since both can be used to treat migraines. Not sure if it's connected but I will be asking at my next check up.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 12:01 PM

Review by Pinche gringo:

For Migraine Prevention: After a year of appointments & about 12 medication combinations later at the Cleveland Clinic Headache Clinic I have been on 20 mg Lisinopril, 120mg Diltiazem and 100 mg Doxepin daily for over 15 years. Down to 5 migraines per year. (Used to be 100/yr). With such a wonderful outcome we have tried to wean me off the meds 2 times. BAD IDEA. I'll probably be on these for next 30 years. But hopefully migraine free.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2014 1:52 PM

Review by George F:

For High Blood Pressure: Started 10 mg in 2008 increased to 20mg in 2010. Only side effect occasional dry cough. I sleep very well at night. I take my pill every morning. White male age 62.

August 24, 2014 9:20 AM

Review by Diokan:

For High Blood Pressure: Started taking Lisinopril after 10 years of Valsartan....for migraine prevention and high blood pressure. 10 MG once at night before bed. Works well for BP. Side Effects: A slightly higher tendency to cough/tickling in the throat. *Vivid dreams - No doubt about it - much more vivid and memorable dreams. *Migraines - I have been a migraine sufferer for much of my life. I didn't know that Lisinopril was used for migraine prevention until after being on the it for well over a month and commenting to my wife that my migraines had suddenly stopped. That feature alone, aside from blood pressure reduction, would be worth taking this medicine.

August 13, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Pamelaws:

For High Blood Pressure: So far the medicine has been working well, without much side effect that I can attest to.

June 19, 2014 7:52 AM

Review by DaniJ (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: I've been on 5 mg of Lisinopril for over 2 years. I never developed the cough or nasal drip that others have had. I did have joint pain which would come and go. Lisinopril is great at controlling my BP. I'm an otherwise-healthy 5'3" 125 pound 47 yo female and my BP diastolic would not stay below 90. Typical BP was 140/98. So, I've taken 5 mg of Lisinopril for 2 years. But, I'm exhausted ALL the time, no appetite, severe abdominal pain, constant nausea and bloating/constipation when I do eat. I'm miserable (has been like this for 6 mo)!! On a whim, I stopped the Lisinopril 3 days ago. I'm not exhausted anymore. My appetite is back. Still have pain and nausea though.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2014 6:24 AM

Review by REALY:

For High Blood Pressure: I have had swelling of my right eye, tried to the point at the end of my work shift I want to just sleep, ache like I have the flu and most disturbing I go into major rage at everything. I have only been taking for 1-1/2 weeks I'm stopping before I hurt somebody in my rage.

June 9, 2014 1:36 PM

Review by Nana01:

For High Blood Pressure: Before taking lisinopril, I was 100 lbs overweight, constantly tired, constantly in pain over body and joints with some arthritis in back and hands. This medication has accentuated weakness, tiredness and pain which was reported to physician two months into treatment. At Dr urging, I have continued to take this medication but will discontinue use when this prescription runs out. I have developed frequent nosebleeds which I have not seen mentioned as a side effect of the medication, but will note whether this improves when off medication.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by nc hawkeye (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: I am a 67 year old black male. My blood pressure was slightly elevated 2 years ago. My doctor put me on lisinopril 20mg. I moved to a new location and changed doctors. He was determined that I should be changed to 10 mg of lisinopril. Now I suffer with a lost of sexual desire, headaches, dry cough, and nightmares.

May 13, 2014 9:03 AM

Review by my experience (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: I started taking Lisinopril and was fine then one day I got them refilled and for the next week I was so tired I could barely get out of bed. I was told they changed the place where the pharmacy got the meds which probably meant was a different formula because the pills look different. I requested name brand Zestril even though they were more expensive. I felt 100% better! No more generic for me!

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by Anymous:

For High Blood Pressure: Have been taking 10MG Zestril/Lisinopril for forty years plus, I am 69. It worked OK when I was in a very stressful job and works much better now that I am retired. I do have the runny nose issue but live in AZ so not sure if that is allergies. Based on what I have read in peoples comments, I am going to assume it is the meds. I also take what is called a water pill. The fatigue thing mentioned by many also applies to me. Erectile dysfunction is also a significant issue. I am considering getting off the medicines to see if that helps that issue. If anyone out there can provide any info on that matter, it would be appreciated.

March 30, 2014 1:18 PM

Review by Rain2222 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: I was on it for 2 years and the quality of my life deteriorated. When I began losing my hair I looked up the side effects of this and I found I must have been one who was very intolerant to it. I had the hacking cough, runny nose, my voice was hoarse, muscle cramps at night, incontinence, lethargy, thin brittle fingernails, and insomnia. I stopped taking it and all those symptoms are gone. I had seen doctors about these symptoms but they dismissed them.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2014 12:09 AM

Review by Yessum (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For High Blood Pressure: Made me feel tired, depressed, but did lower my blood pressure. I only took it whilst I worked on getting my blood pressure down with exercise and diet. I have been off of it for a couple of months now and am bursting into life again! Still, it did its job well.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 4:45 PM

Review by Always smiling:

For Migraine Prevention: All I can say is my doctor prescribed it because a few of his patients with high blood pressure reported their migraines had disappeared when they started lisinopril . I only had slightly elevated blood pressure which is also gone. It has been two years headache free. No side effects. I take 2.5 MG. 1 x day.

February 27, 2014 9:57 AM

Review by Uncle Bugle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For High Blood Pressure: Despite the reactions of some earlier reviewers, one of the reasons I prefer lisinopril to the others I've tried is that I do NOT feel dizzy. Nor do I feel groggy as I did on quinapril. I do find that I don't sleep well, and it does contribute to impotence. It also works really well, and I can get by on a smaller dose.

February 19, 2014 11:39 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For High Blood Pressure: Not a good experience with this medication. I had constant lightheadedness upon standing and almost fainted once or twice. It also caused muscle cramping in my back.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2014 1:15 AM

Review by Uncle Bugle (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: I have "auditioned" eleven blood pressure medicines. So far, lisinopril is the least objectionable. For one thing, it really works. My blood pressure is down to 117/78 at 10 a.m. This is on only 2.5 mg, which is 1/2 of the smallest tablet they make. Two months ago, before lisinopril, I went to the ER because I was at 170/104. I do have a slight increase in head pain where I have had repeated craniotomies, but it is definitely less than any of the other medicines I've tried. I also retain water, have some hair loss, have lower blood sugar (not good for me because I am hypoglycemic), and somewhat wakeful sleep. But the worst symptom is that it makes me impotent to the point of penile atrophy. A good medicine for women.

February 17, 2014 1:38 PM

Review by Buckeye Boy (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: I am a 57 year old male with historically high blood pressure. I was averaging 140 - 150 over high 90's to low 100's. I have been on the medication for about 3 weeks and my blood pressure is averaging 120's over 80's with no side effects at all. I hope this continues.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by sknellie:

For High Blood Pressure: Have been on Lisonipril for 3 yrs with no side effects so I'm lucky. Has kept my blood pressure within normal range or lower.

January 27, 2014 12:19 PM

Review by PLP (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Migraine Prevention: Lisinopril has been a complete answer to prayer for me. I have had migraine headaches from childhood which have only increased in frequency and severity with age. (Violently ill & lasting 3 days) My doctors have tried every type of medication with very minimal results. In questioning 3 family members who are on Blood Pressure medicines, (all of whom have ceased having migraines), I found they are all on an ACE Inhibitor. I requested a trial of Lisinopril even though my blood pressure is normal. My doctor agreed to a 5mg/day trial, although she admitted she would have never thought to try this but for my research. Six months later, had no migraines. Only a few "chinook" (weather-related) mild headaches, easily treated with Tylenol or Advil. So Thankful!

January 27, 2014 12:02 PM

Review by Lorilu441953:

For High Blood Pressure: Lisinopril is very effective at reducing my blood pressure. I have to be careful to stay hydrated to avoid the lightheadedness when standing up. I have fibromyalgia and have muscle aches and pains and attributed the muscles aches to that. I missed 2 days of the med and felt pretty good - blood pressure was fine. I know meds stay in our bodies for a few days, so I wasn't concerned. I took the med the next day and realized the awful muscle pain was back. I tried this 2 more times to make sure it wasn't a coincidence. The Lisinopril is causing the extreme muscle aches. No more Lisinopril for me!

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2013 11:06 AM