User Reviews for Lasix

Pulmonary Edema 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Renal Transplant 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lasix reviews 22 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Lasix

For High Blood Pressure "lowered both sys and dia by 15 with no side effects"

Kenny S 63 July 16, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "I used this med along with Cardizem-Lasix was supposed to also help control serious swelling in my feet from the Cardizem, in addition to aiding in controlling my blood pressure. The only issue I had with it is that it made my eyes burn very badly by making them very dry. I have dry eyes anyway, so that didn't help. It also didn't control the swelling in my feet, but did help with blood pressure."

Made my eyes burn after a week (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

For Edema "I started taking this medication when I was in my early 20's for edema. I take 80 mg a day for 20 years now. If I miss a day I go up about 12 lbs on the scale. This medication has worked wonders for me but it is hard to take if you need to leave the house. I can pee up to 20 times in 4 hours. Other than the inconvenience. It is a fantastic medication for me."

Laurie Dagere January 5, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "At 20 mg once a day, after three days Lasix dropped my blood pressure 20 points, both systolic and diastolic, with NO side effects. Lasix is on the WHO list."

David Thompson (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2014

For Edema "My cardiologist put me on Lasix over a month ago due to edema of the legs and ankles. My rate of urination was about every 45 minutes nowhere as bad as some of the reviewers. I refilled my prescription and noticed an immediate change. Instead of every 45 minutes, it changed to every hour and a half. The only difference is the manufacturer. The Lasix made by Sandoz seems to work fine. "

Choir pork April 13, 2014

For Edema "I stated taking Furosemide yesterday for swelling in my feet and ankles. Right after taking it I had to make a 100 mile drive and ended up stopping 5 times en route to pee. The swelling has already decreased a LOT, and I am able to walk again without pain. I had pretty bad nausea after both doses. I am taking 40 mg once a day. I had to call in sick today as the nausea was causing vomiting. I'll try taking it after work. I went back to bed after calling in sick today and my cat that always sleeps on me was quite annoyed at trips to the bathroom every 10 minutes."

JohnHalo January 28, 2014

For Edema "Feet ankles and legs still badly swollen each day."

sister lukr (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2014

For Heart Failure "Experienced palpitations."

T42Grammy (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

"This has helped swelling, but becomes tiring. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2012

For Edema "I started taking Lasix 6/23. After 1 night I can tell a difference in the fluid around my left kidney and liver. The pressure is less. Thank you Lasix."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2012

For Edema "I have a genetic condition called Venous Insufficiency, which doesn't allow the blood & fluid to be returned from my lower legs & feet, so they swell and the skin can start to break down, which opens up the opportunity for infection. Have been taking Furosemide 40mg 1x day for over a year now - it is the only thing that keeps me from being in the hospital all the time with infections that require IV antibiotics. The only side effects I've noticed are the very frequent urination (not really a side effect, it's what the drug is *supposed* to do, as it flushes fluids out of the body), and aching in my legs and feet as the fluid leaves - I can only assume that is caused by my body trying to push the fluid out."

Anonymous May 14, 2012

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema "I've been taking Lasix for about 10 years for swelling in my feet/ankles. I only have one kidney and have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I take 80 mg in the morning. It does not always take all the swelling out, but if I miss just one dose, I can tell it by the afternoon. Of course, if I take it in the afternoon, I'm up all night. NOTE: There IS a difference in taking the Lasix as opposed to the generic furosemide. For me, the generic is absolutely useless. My mother had the same problem, so maybe it's genetic. I've taken as much as 200 mg of generic at one time with no effect whatsoever. I've noticed no side effects from the Lasix."

Anonymous February 4, 2011

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema "I took my 40 mg today have peed 5 times this past 2 hours, other than that so far I feel fine. This is a first for me to ever take a water pill, but so far it seems to do its job. "

Anonymous November 5, 2010

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema "I have had pitting edema, severe water retention all over my body mainly my face, hands, ankles, feet and lower legs. I to have felt the side effects of the side aches and leg discomfort. BUt have come to find out I also suffered from RLS ( restless leg syndrome). I do suffer from very minor headaches. But when one day you are swollen as a balloon and about 2 to 3 days later your are unswollen. I first started out on 10 mg as needed, then had to go up to 20mg when required, then daily. Then eventually kept raising it by 20 after that to 40mg daily. Then I ended up having to take 2 x 40 mg daily, 2 x a day. I also have insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome so that may have something to do with it. I'm now at 80mg daily."

ksop September 30, 2010

For Edema "Best medication I have found and it works. I have tried OTC fluid pills and some other prescription fluid pills, none of them work as well as the Lasix /Furosemide."

KSOP September 30, 2010

For Edema "I really had edema all over my body (i.e. face, hands, feet), but especially on my legs! I went to my doctor and she prescribed this medication to me, it's working like magic! I take it in the morning as soon I wake up, I noticed it's more effective taken on empty stomach, then after breakfast and so on. I had to deal with some headaches(minor), but it was definitely worth it!!"

Anonymous August 2, 2010

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema "I have been using Lasix in combination with Hydrochlorothiazide for 6 months for pitting edema/hypertension and it's effects seem to have worn off. I started on 20mg once a day for 2 months then up to 40mg once a day for the last 4 months. Now my legs are back to swelling as much as if I were taking nothing. My blood pressure is good though. Side effects, headaches."

LJB_VA May 6, 2010

For Edema "I have taken Lasix for a week to reduce the swelling in my legs. It's working fine and I feel better. The side effects are manageable. I have to pee a lot, and I've had to deal with some headaches."

Jill J. April 6, 2010

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema "I was only able to take 40mg once. It took all the strength out of my legs - I couldn't even stand up."

njmonica December 3, 2009

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema "Great medication for Peripheral Edemas. Decreased swelling up to 50% in just one week at 80mg twice a day."

hemaro September 18, 2009

For Edema "I took the first dose on a Friday after work. That night I was awake all night with terrible leg cramps and an odd cramp in my midriff. I took the second dose earlier in the afternoon the next day. The cramp in my midriff returned. I called the hospital where my doctor practices and the nurse practitioner from her office called me back. She advised me not to take the Lasix anymore and to go to the ER if the cramping came back tonight. My ankle is nearly normal size, but I am not sure it was worth it."

skinny ankle August 22, 2009

For Edema "It's very important to read the side effects of all the medicines that your Doctor prescribes to you. Sometimes the side effects are a bigger problem then the original problem you were trying to treat. This was true in my case with Furosemide where the blurred vision, loud ringing in the ears and a bright red flaky face rash was unbearable. But that's not to say that everyone will suffer side effects."

Anonymous June 3, 2009

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema "Have only used Lasix a few days and have already noticed a big difference."

big gal October 9, 2008