User Reviews for Furosemide

Also known as: Diaqua-2, Lasix, Lo-Aqua

Learn more about Furosemide.

Renal Failure 0 reviews 7 medications

Oliguria 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Renal Transplant 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Furosemide reviews 41 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Furosemide

For Edema: "I find in combination with the lasix and potassium pills and with a heart healthy low sodium diet I feel absolutely great! And exercise helps a lot if your able.. good luck to all! I'm one of the lucky ones I guess? First time I used lasix was in the emergency room they gave me a huge shot of it and when I left there three hours later my ankles and feet were totally back to normal! I probably lost three to four pounds in 3 hours! and my breathing was not labored any longer! Thank God for lasix!"

workswondersforme (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

Lasix (furosemide) for High Blood Pressure: "I used this med along with Cardizem-Lasix was supposed to also help control serious swelling in my feet from the Cardizem, in addition to aiding in controlling my blood pressure. The only issue I had with it is that it made my eyes burn very badly by making them very dry. I have dry eyes anyway, so that didn't help. It also didn't control the swelling in my feet, but did help with blood pressure."

Made my eyes burn after a week (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

For Edema: "Im taking 200 mgs every night at bedtime,, only time it works is when im laying down with pillows between legs,, the docs cant figure out why im swelling and its been going on for years,, so frustrated and half the time the medicine does not work ,, i felt so alone in this and really started to think im going crazy,, top all ive had a massive weight gain since last baby was born and it took nearly a year to heal from csection between packing the incision for months to wearing a vacuum for the last months,,then opted to have a third surgery on ankle hoping i could get the swelling down and walk better butt now its 100 x worse since the fusion and i ballooned up,, i feel beatin down and hopeless and sad thing is nobody cares, , living day to"

man808 March 31, 2015

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I started taking this medication when I was in my early 20's for edema. I take 80 mg a day for 20 years now. If I miss a day I go up about 12 lbs on the scale. This medication has worked wonders for me but it is hard to take if you need to leave the house. I can pee up to 20 times in 4 hours. Other than the inconvenience. It is a fantastic medication for me."

Laurie Dagere January 5, 2015

Lasix (furosemide) for High Blood Pressure: "At 20 mg once a day, after three days Lasix dropped my blood pressure 20 points, both systolic and diastolic, with NO side effects. Lasix is on the WHO list."

David Thompson (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2014

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "My cardiologist put me on Lasix over a month ago due to edema of the legs and ankles. My rate of urination was about every 45 minutes nowhere as bad as some of the reviewers. I refilled my prescription and noticed an immediate change. Instead of every 45 minutes, it changed to every hour and a half. The only difference is the manufacturer. The Lasix made by Sandoz seems to work fine. "

Choir pork April 13, 2014

For Edema: "I am only 34 and suffer from a serious back injury so I have periodical need for the massive pitting edema I tend to show up with from time to time. And this does it's job! "

Tressie McReynolds (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 6, 2014

For Pulmonary Edema: "Right after surgery, I had a fever, confusion, my blood pressure and rate of breathing went very low. I had not pee'd for several hours, I had an oxygen level of 60 while I was sleepy and out of it. I was given 60mg of Lasix and not even 15 minutes later I was non stop peeing, my blood pressure and rate of breathing picked up quite a lot. I can't even imagine that the pee kept going on and on with the girls using bedpans for me. I was just out of surgery so that was necessary. Doctor kept the oxygen level up to an 8 for the rest of the night. I believe that the medicine saved my life even though I threw up on it."

Linzybabe March 30, 2014

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I stated taking Furosemide yesterday for swelling in my feet and ankles. Right after taking it I had to make a 100 mile drive and ended up stopping 5 times en route to pee. The swelling has already decreased a LOT, and I am able to walk again without pain. I had pretty bad nausea after both doses. I am taking 40 mg once a day. I had to call in sick today as the nausea was causing vomiting. I'll try taking it after work. I went back to bed after calling in sick today and my cat that always sleeps on me was quite annoyed at trips to the bathroom every 10 minutes."

JohnHalo January 28, 2014

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "Feet ankles and legs still badly swollen each day."

sister lukr (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2014

For Edema: "I have had several experiences with Lasix. The first time I was on it I lost a lot of the edema but then it came back. I have nephrotic syndrome which comes and goes. So I currently have to be on the Lasix for periods at a time. Yes it does cause painful muscle spasms that are caused to losing potassium and basically being dried out from constant urination. This time around Lasix seems to be working better. "

Msluvlee27 January 23, 2014

For Edema: "I was reading skinny ankles post and I go through the same thing. I'm no doctor, but my doctor told me that the Lasix causes low potassium levels which cause body cramps. I get them really bad. I have some potassium OTC pills but my doctor advised me not to take them all the time, they can do more harm then good, so I just take them when I really need them. Try that with caution, it might help you. Seems likes all medicines causes more problems."

luvzcatz (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 11, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I am surprised to see that no one had listed furosemide for treating high blood pressure. I also take Atenolol. However, when I increased my furos from 20 to 40 I was very pleasantly surprised to see my BP go down from 140 to 115. I did this on my own and my Dr. was surprised that I had such good effects on my health and continued this dose. I take 20 twice a day. I has also had a good effect on my urinary incontinence which also is much better now."

Lemanski November 9, 2013

For Edema: "I was initially prescribed hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) for edema associated with nephrotic syndrome and it worked very well and swelling in my feet, hands, and face began going away. Then I saw a nephrologist who said I needed furosemide instead of HCTZ. I started taking 20mg/day and the swelling began coming back. The doc said give it some time, you probably ate a salty meal or something. Well the edema really never did completely go away again. I had a kidney biopsy and then was put on Prednisone 60 mg/day and swelling really got bad, gained about 25 pounds water. Doc bumped me up to 40mg/day furosemide and it still didn't work. I still had some HCTZ 50mg left so I tried them and lost 4 pounds water the first day."

Clint3 October 10, 2013

Lasix (furosemide) for Heart Failure: "Experienced palpitations."

T42Grammy (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

For Edema: "I WAS TOLD MY MY GP TO TAKE ONE A DAY FOR A MONTH, & THEN GO ON TO TWO A DAY. One a day was fine, the swelling was coming right, very slowly, but obviously. BUT two a day and I could barely stand upright, plus ringing in my ears. I've reverted to one a day."

Fredfertang (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2012

For Heart Failure: "I've been taking furosemide since my mid 30s, because of heart issues. Today I'm 66! My experiences have mostly been positive. Only negative is; extreme urgency and frequency to urinate. "

rick1946 (taken for 10 years or more) August 26, 2012

Lasix (furosemide) for : "This has helped swelling, but becomes tiring. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2012

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I started taking Lasix 6/23. After 1 night I can tell a difference in the fluid around my left kidney and liver. The pressure is less. Thank you Lasix."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2012

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I have a genetic condition called Venous Insufficiency, which doesn't allow the blood & fluid to be returned from my lower legs & feet, so they swell and the skin can start to break down, which opens up the opportunity for infection. Have been taking Furosemide 40mg 1x day for over a year now - it is the only thing that keeps me from being in the hospital all the time with infections that require IV antibiotics. The only side effects I've noticed are the very frequent urination (not really a side effect, it's what the drug is *supposed* to do, as it flushes fluids out of the body), and aching in my legs and feet as the fluid leaves - I can only assume that is caused by my body trying to push the fluid out."

Anonymous May 14, 2012

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema: "This is my first time taking this type of medication, and I've been on 40mg for four days and the swelling in my legs and ankles went down but not my feet! So far I have experienced no side effect."

Anonymous August 13, 2011

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I've been taking Lasix for about 10 years for swelling in my feet/ankles. I only have one kidney and have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I take 80 mg in the morning. It does not always take all the swelling out, but if I miss just one dose, I can tell it by the afternoon. Of course, if I take it in the afternoon, I'm up all night. NOTE: There IS a difference in taking the Lasix as opposed to the generic furosemide. For me, the generic is absolutely useless. My mother had the same problem, so maybe it's genetic. I've taken as much as 200 mg of generic at one time with no effect whatsoever. I've noticed no side effects from the Lasix."

Anonymous February 4, 2011

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I took my 40 mg today have peed 5 times this past 2 hours, other than that so far I feel fine. This is a first for me to ever take a water pill, but so far it seems to do its job. "

Anonymous November 5, 2010

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I have had pitting edema, severe water retention all over my body mainly my face, hands, ankles, feet and lower legs. I to have felt the side effects of the side aches and leg discomfort. BUt have come to find out I also suffered from RLS ( restless leg syndrome). I do suffer from very minor headaches. But when one day you are swollen as a balloon and about 2 to 3 days later your are unswollen. I first started out on 10 mg as needed, then had to go up to 20mg when required, then daily. Then eventually kept raising it by 20 after that to 40mg daily. Then I ended up having to take 2 x 40 mg daily, 2 x a day. I also have insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome so that may have something to do with it. I'm now at 80mg daily."

ksop September 30, 2010

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "Best medication I have found and it works. I have tried OTC fluid pills and some other prescription fluid pills, none of them work as well as the Lasix /Furosemide."

KSOP September 30, 2010