User Reviews for Losartan

Also known as: Cozaar

Learn more about Losartan.

Diabetic Kidney Disease 3 reviews 13 medications

9.2
High Blood Pressure 127 reviews 247 medications

Summary of Losartan reviews 130 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Losartan

For High Blood Pressure: "49 years old - I have been taking losartan krka 50mg for 3 weeks so far with no side effects at all and blood pressure from 140/90 is now between 114/78 - 118/79, I check daily 4 times, I eat chicken meat with no skin 3 times a week , walking 30-40 minutes minimum 5 days a week, no salt, no sweets no alcohol and no coffee or tea, I eat oatmeal with skim milk and sunflower seeds for breakfast, brown rice with boiled vegetables, various beans, peas, walnuts, oranges, apples, avocados, beetroots, potatoes and drinking 8-10 glasses water daily and avoiding stress, hopefully my next visit to the doctor will lower my dose to 25mg and see if I can have a coffee once a day and maybe a glass of red wine 1-2 times a week..so far so good..!!"

george18cy January 31, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "It's difficult to determine if its losartan or atorvastin. I have right knee pain/ leg pain esp when going up the stairs."

annetta200aol.com January 18, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Works well with minimal side effects for the most part however I had to switch pharmacies and manufacturer of Losartan to eliminate the back cramps which are the most common side effect. BP stays at 115/70 now on 25mg. On lowest dosage as diet change had a huge impact."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Incredible results. Blood pressure was 177/85. After my second pill, It fell to 144/65. That was a month ago. Today it was 141/65. I am taking 25mg."

Alarman January 5, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I had begged my doctor to switch me from Amlodopine and Lisinopril which caused me to retain a lot of water to Verapamil which I had taken in the past. However the Verapamil was useless this time and caused swelling and pain in both legs so my doctor switched me to Cozaar/Losartan which I have been taking for only a couple of days and my bp already dropped from 140/105 to 130/82. Swelling in legs and excruciating pain in my tendons have subsided. Overall I'm not feeling perfect or even near but way better than I was and hopefully on my way to better ways."

Ludew December 23, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Getting two blood pressure readings of 180/90 a year apart worried me so I asked a physician to prescribe something. This is what I got (50 mg.) I forget to take it about twice a week. My last reading was 150/90, but I had skipped my dose that morning. I occasionally have hip, knee, and ankle pains, diarrhea, and disturbed sleep with vivid dreams, but no more than I did before starting Losartan. Improvements I noticed: I have more energy, for sure. My arms don't feel "tight" inside on days when I remember to take it. The only negative thing that is different is I sometimes get the feeling I'm losing my mind, in a way I never felt before taking this. I can get the feelings under control in a short time, though."

Southernhiker December 6, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on 100mg once a day for about 5 years, has worked well with no side effects. BP is great at home, BP not good at the doctors office...white coat syndrome.I keep a log of my readings at home and are great."

Camel One November 23, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I am 63 years old and have been taking 100mg Losartan for about 14 years and it has worked great for me. I chew tobacco and that keeps my blood pressure a bit high but when I do not chew....my blood pressure is around 118/76. When I went on Losartan my blood pressure was hitting around 175/92 all the time. So sorry for those who have not had a good experience with Losartan."

Bob Jr. November 22, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Everyone's physiology reacts uniquely. Calcium channel blockers cause my ankles to swell. One beta blocker didn't work; another worked for 10 years before stopping. Alpha blockers gave me orthostatic hypotension. The perfect combination seemed to be an ace inhibitor and a diuretic, but the diuretic gives me dangerously high uric acid. It lowers fluid volume and decreases the kidney's ability to excrete uric acid. Losartan is the only BP medication that lowers uric acid, so I was switched to losartan with a small dose of HCTZ. Working well so far."

MJ196 November 15, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "This was the fourth BP medication I tried. I've been on Lotrel, Lisinopril, Atenonol and last Losartan, I've tolerted Losartan the best. Started at 25 mgs and immediately noticed pain in feet, difficulty sleeping, inconsistent sleeping, head pressure and dizziness. Cut the pill in half and requested a decrease from my Doctor. Started on half a pill 12.5 mg of Losartan and 15 mg of HCL. Foot pain dissipated but insomnia remained. Started taking sleep aids, so another pill to counter the effects, Also noticed headache was persistent and so was dizziness. Will look to try something else."

Fustrated Engineer November 9, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Dr. put me on Losartan with potassium 100 mg. 2 x pr day last week. So far so good other than headaches. It seems to get my BP down but does not quite make it the 12 hours for me yet. So she changed the a.m. dose to 100 mg with HCTG. I hope all goes well and my BP stays down. Also on Metropolol 100 mg 2 x pr day."

High BP November 6, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken 25 mg for a week and have dizzy feeling all the time . This medicine is not worth it to control your bp."

Yas77 October 24, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed this more than 20 years ago, but other issues caused them to switch to HCTZ, medrol, lisinopril (coughed and they took me off), and eventually back to Cozaar. I didn't realize it at the time, but looking back over the data, I see that whenever my dose was above 50mg (it's been 75 and 100 at times), my weight shot up a good bit. Couple that with an SSRI (sometimes taken in concert with >50mg Cozaar, sometimes not taken at all) and you get dramatic ballooning. I'm now trying to get weight down and that's lowering BP so when I get down to 25mg, we'll see if weight comes off faster."

RandyClem October 23, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Headache and weight gain, almost a pound after being on it for one week. Now I am gain almost a pound a day, needless to say I will be getting off of this drug."

Popeyelover (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "This medication is terrible. I have been running a low grade fever and have had dizzy spells and ended up in the ER with a bp spike and chest pains now at 39 I have to have a stress test done. I have only been taking this for 5 days and last night after my ER visit I took my clonodine and my bp has been fine all day....never again will I take this medicine."

Leayre (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure was improved with Lorsartan, but I had many side effects. My blood pressure would drop to as low as 98 over 84 with heart rate of 130. I would be dizzy and so tired I just wanted to sleep. At least once a week I would experience diarrhea. I coughed a lot and it was getting worse. I had foot and leg cramps. I was feeling terrible. Since stopping use of this drug and improving my diet I am feeling much better and my symptoms have disappeared. My blood pressure is under control without it. This drug is poison and was killing me."

bee gal September 27, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Terrible. I have diarrhea, leg and foot cramps, blood pressure dips of 98 over 85. Heart rate of 125."

ruraljockey September 26, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "When mixed with hydrochlorathiozide, the losartan works very well lowering my blood pressure. It does give me back pain and muscle stiffness and soreness. It is better than the lisinopril, which made me depressed and weak. When I stop taking the losartan, my blood pressure shoots way up, so I won't stop taking it. Wish they'd invent a blood pressure medicine that has no side effects, but that's dreaming. Better than having a stroke."

Ellie Rae (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril gave me bad cough and sinus draining. 100 mg of Losartan Potassium lowered BP from 155 to 118 with no side effects at all. I worried that was too low but yesterday news said 120 was the new target so I feel great about it. I'm 65, male, 220 lbs. BP had started rising to 130 at 63 years, then up to 140 the next year, then quickly to 150 and started hitting 155 when I had to tell my doctor to do something about it."

Dave FL September 12, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure is down, but I've gained almost 10 lbs in 1 year and I don't sleep well. Also always feel tired and feel pressure in my chest. And after reading all the comments I found I have a few more that didn't even occur to me until now. My daughter mentioned that It seemed Iike I developed a nervous tick of scratching my arms....well...they're itchy!....also have a strange dry cough that happens randomly. I'm 42. 5,2" tall and currently weigh is 133lbd....almost 10 more than last year. I have a physically demanding job and I'm on my feet all day. I excercise 3-4 days a week. Zumba and sculpting class. For awhile I was running around 3-4 miles a day. I eat very healthy. All meals are home cooked and I eat clean."

CathrineH (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "This med is terrible for me. Extreme "head-rushes" when suddenly standing up from kneeling position almost passing out. Shortness of breath, Heart rate at 98-120 beats per minute when calm. Very little, if any change in blood pressure. Sore throat with a slight cough and also a sore back like others are noticing while on this drug. I quit smoking almost a month ago to get healthy and lower blood pressure naturally. I am not comfortable with any of these meds side effects."

losarton personal review September 9, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm physically fit however stress has raised my BP. I'm approaching 50. So far so good- day three, I have been calm when facing stressful situations. My BP seems to range around but it will take two weeks to see how this effects me. No fatigue symptoms. No stomach cramps, normal bowel movements. Did have some light dizziness but it's gone now. (keep in mind you need to exercise) this stuff is supposed to lower your BP if your feeling fatigue.)"

Mountain Michael (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Iv'e been taking this medication for about 1 1/2 months or a bit longer. I have been having a a lot of bowel movements, stomach discomfort, went from weighing 123 lbs to 98 lbs, not to mention feeling dizzy, and fatigue, just left a message with my doctors reception desk, and I'm hoping I get a call back today, with a reply to my message."

chachita (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "While it lowered my blood pressure, I had huge dips in bp which left me exhausted and dizzy. After a year on this med, I had severe muscle cramps, horrible stabbing headaches, stiff muscles, severe heartburn and weight gain. I told my doc about this and he just shrugged. I had trouble breathing on Lisinopril (my throat just closed up) which I took prior to this. I stopped taking the medication and began taking Magnesium and Calcium and my bp is not rising but my symptoms are all gone. Go figure......"

No More Meds4ME (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 25, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on 75 mgs (yes, a 50 and a 25) twice a day about three months ago. I have never been so sick. Nausea has been the worst. Terrible indigestion. No appetite. And anxiety. I called my doctor yesterday and he just basically poo poo'd my symptoms and said to come in on Monday (yesterday was Wednesday). I called back and I'm going in today. I didn't take the pills last night and the nausea is gradually easing. I'm not taking my morning dose either. My bp this morning is 139/91. It hasn't helped much because it's been around there since I started losartan. I will be asking for a beta blocker, which, when I've been on it before, never caused me any problems. We'll see what happens. Bottom line ~ don't take this drug."

Hootie57 August 20, 2015