User Reviews for Losartan

Also known as: Cozaar

Learn more about Losartan.

Diabetic Kidney Disease 3 reviews 13 medications

9.2
High Blood Pressure 105 reviews 207 medications

5.9
Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Losartan reviews 108 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Losartan

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Iv'e been taking this medication for about 1 1/2 months or a bit longer. I have been having a a lot of bowel movements, stomach discomfort, went from weighing 123 lbs to 98 lbs, not to mention feeling dizzy, and fatigue, just left a message with my doctors reception desk, and I'm hoping I get a call back today, with a reply to my message."

chachita (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "While it lowered my blood pressure, I had huge dips in bp which left me exhausted and dizzy. After a year on this med, I had severe muscle cramps, horrible stabbing headaches, stiff muscles, severe heartburn and weight gain. I told my doc about this and he just shrugged. I had trouble breathing on Lisinopril (my throat just closed up) which I took prior to this. I stopped taking the medication and began taking Magnesium and Calcium and my bp is not rising but my symptoms are all gone. Go figure......"

No More Meds4ME (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 25, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on 75 mgs (yes, a 50 and a 25) twice a day about three months ago. I have never been so sick. Nausea has been the worst. Terrible indigestion. No appetite. And anxiety. I called my doctor yesterday and he just basically poo poo'd my symptoms and said to come in on Monday (yesterday was Wednesday). I called back and I'm going in today. I didn't take the pills last night and the nausea is gradually easing. I'm not taking my morning dose either. My bp this morning is 139/91. It hasn't helped much because it's been around there since I started losartan. I will be asking for a beta blocker, which, when I've been on it before, never caused me any problems. We'll see what happens. Bottom line ~ don't take this drug."

Hootie57 August 20, 2015

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "This medication lowered my blood pressure, restoring it to acceptable levels. The medication is well tolerated with the most noticeable side effects being lethargy and rapid nail growth. Nail growth became very noticeable after being on the medication for 1 week to 10 days; now I'm on the med for a couple of months and cutting my nails every day."

Safari556 August 19, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Losartan is poison and I hope anyone taking it at least monitors their improvement if any vs. the side effects...because they sneak up on you. I believe this medication will do much more harm than good, so please be careful...I took it because Lisinopril gave me a cough. I gave it 3-full months and during that time, I became very ill. Extreme fatigue, headaches, sore back, weakness in my legs that was very scary. I felt like I had the flu daily and I thought it might be another medication I was on, but I tested myself by stopping the other med's and nope...the symptoms still remained. I was so exhausted all the time, I could hardly get through my day and had to take daily naps. I slept very deeply with vivid dreams. Never ever again!"

SGH61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I used losartan instead of lisinopril for about five weeks, but stopped because I started to feel deeply depressed. I am back on lisinopril again, ready to accept the concomitant cough. Losartan was effective in keeping my blood pressure down. However, my depression was an unacceptable byproduct. Interestingly, I returned to normal after returning to lisinopril."

josco56 August 6, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "My Dr had put me on the Losartan. Right after I started taking it, my whole back was in so much pain. I had told my Dr about the pain and I believed it was the Losartan. He said I had a physically demanding job. Keep taking it. After being in so much pain, I couldn't work I emailed him and explained my pain. He said there has been no case studies of it causing back pain to keep taking it. After telling him three times I was in pain due to this medicine and he still would not help me I am switching Drs. Yes, it lowered my blood pressure but the back pain I was having is NOT worth it!"

cyoung3791 (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "This medication nearly killed me after 9 days of taking it sent me into AFIB blood presure dropped so low it nearly stopped hate this drug if anyone has any side affects with this go to your doctor stright away never felt so ill. Within 24 hours of me stopping this drug i was dack to my normal self Please do not just stop taking medication i have been put back on ramapril and i feel fine"

anthony powell July 20, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Lorsartan for about a year and my pressure has dropped from 210/140 to 190/140. Not very effective for me. Searching for new remedies."

dont know why July 13, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Bad medicine!!! Guess I fall in the 1 percent! Had taken Benicar for almost 4 years with no problems but due to insurance issues doctor decided to switch me to losartan. After first week had so much pressure in chest and head thought I was going to explode, left leg started to retain fluid while at work.. Didn't take the next day and contacted doctor who immediately got me in to see him. Borderline EKG results...low heart rate...BP horribly high. Now a stress test and eco cardiogram scheduled asap to rule out a heart attack. What!?! I'm a healthy 49 year old landscaper of 28 years who works out at least 3x a week and the medicine they put me on might have given me a heart attack??? Please be aware of any new medication!"

Gina C (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Doc switched me from lisinopril to losartan because I had cough. Been on this for two weeks and from day 1 had weak legs, heavy feeling in head, confusion and insomnia. By second week started having heart palpitations and dizziness and tingling in my right foot. Last straw was red itchy eyes and swollen/sore throat. Stopping this tonight. Rather take lisinopril and deal with cough until I see my new doctor on Friday. Think it also makes me tired and constipated, nauseous, and no appetite. Did not look at side effects first but when I listed how I was feeling since taking this drug were right there. I'll keep looking for something better but am also following the DASH diet and have lost 30 lbs recently so hope to be off this drugs soon"

Robbie0710 July 4, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Losartin has been very effective controlling my BP. Started @ 100mg which made me extremely tired and lethargic. I cut back to 75mg (1 50mg/ 1 25mg.) I am experiencing intermittent dry cough and extremely dry mouth during the night. After 4 years, I am beginning to experience some of the other documented side effects like dizziness and stiff/sore muscles. However, I have had fewer side effects with Losartan than other BP meds. (I am 69 with enlarged aorta)"

FigEater June 29, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been very healthy my entire life thank God until last year that my blood pressure starting going up. Doctor prescribed Metoprolol and Lisinopril. Started coughing constantly that ended up at the ER thinking I had pneumonia. ER Dr switched Lisinopril for Losartan Potassium. Leg and back pain is unbearable to the point that I cannot almost stand and even walk. I am afraid of falling. Dizzy and tired. No need to have this quality of life. Dangerous side effects even worse than what I felt when BP started going up. It has to be something better than this."

Lita 86 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "It has helped to lower blood pressure, but over the year + I've been taking it, I've experienced a 40 pound weight gain, severe pain in joints, muscles in legs and feet, ache in leg bones, tingling in hands and feet, very stuffy sinuses - very swollen, difficulty getting to sleep and/or staying asleep, general weakness and sluggishness, sometimes extreme exhaustion. Seeing Dr this week, hoping we can find a better solution."

Busy Grandma (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Was on 100mg Metoprolol 10mg Lisinopril but Lisinopril caused intestinal angioedema (OUCH), so I was switched to 50mg of Losartan 5mg Bystolic. Felt SO MUCH BETTER better right away. Didn't lower my BP as much as other drugs, but enough to be 120/75 regularly (unmedicated would be 150/100 ). Have lost some excess weight, crave protein and have to eat frequently otherwise I get hypoglycemic very quickly. My ribs are a little sore and I get stitches quite often, but it's a minor annoyance compared to how Lisinopril made me feel. No cough or swelling here, which seem to be common side effects. I would recommend this drug."

nckhella (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Effective at controlling my blood pressure, but I have experienced the heavy legs and joint pain mentioned by others. I am a heavy exerciser and 65, so that accounts for some of the joint pain, I suppose. One benefit is that I'm having sex 4-5 times per week since starting the medication."

Your Honor May 12, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Taking losartan I have had a lot of joint pains headaches everyday dizziness tired. In the ER twice because of my blood pressure going up."

sammy50 April 14, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "After taking Losartan 50mg.I observed I have recurring hacking cough, and its worst at night before going to bed. I had x ray, and all is normal. The doctor gave me cough med/ suppressant, antacid, because, he said, may be acid reflux, but cough still persisted. After some research, found out, the cough and sneeze, stuffy nose, are some of the side effects of Losartan. I will request doctor to change it to Cozaar, and see the difference."

Joe Allan April 4, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I think I have every side effect imaginable with Lorsartan HCT. Loose stools, anxiety, depression, no energy, body aches to the point it's hard to exercise, weight gain, I'm on 100/25 mg's. I'm 62 year old female. It somewhat keeps blood pressure down, and I will be talking to primary care dr about adjusting dose or trying something else. I'm too young and energetic to feel this bad."

3D March 29, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Medicaid landed me with new doctor. Took me off Inderol despite no side effects. He felt it outdated and blood pressure still too high. Learned after Losartan made me very sick caution is advised in giving to patient with my medical issues. Have SLE lupus, Raynaud's, Gerds, Migraines, Osteo, Edema, prone to Ulcers, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, suffer frequent joint pain. Severe side effects from Losartan sent me to ER by day 3. Legs weak and wobbly to point of nearly falling, extreme severe knotted cramps in feet lasting over half hour that spread with sharp stinging pain over entire body, severe pressure around head, minor trembling, severe joint pain, total exhaustion. Also dry eyes and mouth, constant peeing. Bad drug! Dangerous!"

Angry Lupus Lady March 21, 2015

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Blood pressure dropped sharply and nicely. Able to halve the dose after a week. Very noticeable pedal edema during medication and after stopping the medication due to excellent response and the disfiguring foot and lower leg swelling.."

macinyart March 16, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Easy to take, no problems . Worked well kept my BP under control."

emigh February 27, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "fast heartbeat"

ewadog February 23, 2015

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Had no effect on blood pressure, even after increasing to the maximum prescribing dosage."

captkrash (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "55 year old male. Dr. Put me on 50mg Losartin after a brief trial period with another medicine that caused a cough. The 50mg dose of Losartin seemed to be working fine for the past several years. Had a blood pressure episode about three months ago where blood pressure suddenly elevated to dangerous levels. After trip to emergency room my Dr. put me on 100mg of LosartinHTZ in the morning along with 50mg of Atenolol which is taken at night. Started feeling very tired, developed an irritating cough, had fluid in my ear, gained weight and developed a ringing in my ears. I really felt like I was dying. Legs felt heavy and I was just not feeling like myself. Appointment with Dr. next week to hopefully change meds."

Lsdemme2001 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2015