User Reviews for Norvasc

Learn more about Norvasc.

Migraine Prevention 3 reviews 32 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Norvasc reviews 43 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Norvasc

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: My blood pressure went up to 220/150 and I was placed on Norvasc 10mg and Diovan 80mg. Been on this for over a year now and my blood pressure is currently 120/80 and I have had no side effects other than swelling on the lower leg which steady brisk walking has handled. The combination worked very well for me.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 2, 2010 11:21 AM
Review by Pixeljim: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: This drug has worked very fast in reducing high blood pressure. I was on lisinopril but developed hives, swollen lips and tongue so doctor switched me to Norvasc. I seem to still have occasional hives but not as severe and may be triggered by heat. AZ this time of year is quite hot.

July 18, 2010 1:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Both my husband and I have been taking Norvasc for a period of approximately 6 months. It has lowered both of our blood pressures into the normal range and we have suffered absolutely no side effects.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 18, 2010 10:10 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: I have been taking this medication for 6 months and have gained 30lbs. It hasn't really helped my Raynaud's at all.

December 18, 2009 11:06 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I was switched to Norvasc from another blood pressure medicine about a week ago. I am not sure if its helping yet for my blood pressure but I am not liking the side effects. I have had a migraine everyday since I started taking it.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 7, 2009 12:02 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Took 5mg for almost a year. It did a great job on blood pressure. But I got progressively worse muscle cramps, especially in my calfs. Could not run for more than a few minutes without intense pain. Had to switch to another medication.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 1, 2009 5:47 PM
Review by aml11172: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: This medicine and I did not mix. I was really sick the whole time I took the medicine. I swelled up on my hands, feet and ankles. I was nauseous, extremely weak, my extremities were either numb, burning or painful. I heard my heartbeat constantly in my ears and had this awful crawling pain up my the back of my neck, itched, sweated and froze constantly, stuffy nose and so much more that I actual could not sleep. No, this is not a medication for all people. Dose changes did not help since the low dose promoted the majority of my ill effects. This medicine does well for some but, do speak up if you do not feel well on the medication.

267 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 16, 2009 8:10 PM
Review by neeleymountain: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: I've been taking 2.5mg for a month with great results and no side effects, until the weather got colder so the doctor increased dose to 5mg, partly because he wanted a better result to my high blood pressure as well. The sudden increase has caused severe sleepiness and a tight chest. I cut back to 3mg for now to ease into it and will increase to 5mg if/when the side effects decrease. I believe in caution and I know my doctor takes the same stand.

October 25, 2009 4:21 PM
Review by johnwwebb: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: 30 minutes after taking one 5MG tablet, I suffered chills and had to sleep in a jacket in an attempt to stay warm in July. The chills continued from 10PM to 6 AM the next morning.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 17, 2009 11:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I've only been on Norvasc 10mg for about a week. It has lowered my blood pressure and so far no side effects. Will keep on monitoring it.

June 25, 2009 9:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Norvasc 5mg for 6 months. It makes me tired, have had weight gain, and now have palpitations when I take it. It hasn't lowered my blood pressure by much. I exercise daily and take vitamins.

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 25, 2009 5:29 AM
Review by Middle age women: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: My doctor recommended me to take this medicine 5mg. My blood pressure became stable. Also I compare with other High Blood pressure medications. Not so much side effects and doesn't affect my work.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2009 12:04 AM
Review by Samual: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: This medication did not lower my blood pressure or pulse rate at all.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 27, 2009 11:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Taking 10mg daily. Controls blood pressure to normal level. Only side effect experienced is swelling in ankles. Brisk walk for 1/2 hour daily reduces the swelling.

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 16, 2009 5:44 AM
Review by FJC: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: So far on 10 mg Norvasc and 80 mg Micardis. Has proven to be an effective combination for my hypertension. Previsouly my readings were around 160/90 and now it is around 130/75. I am 39 years old, obese person (100kg) 5ft 6 inches in height. I have been having hihg blood pressure for about a few years now and have tried quite a few types of medicine until these two which has been ok so far.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 3, 2008 5:56 AM

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I take Norvasc half of a 5 mg daily and a l/2 fluid pill 3 times a week. I added Vit.B complex for stress, Vit.A and D, Vit.E, and potassium. This works well with me.

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 22, 2008 11:32 AM
Review by ECrowley: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Riding a bicycle 30-40mins twice a day 3-6 days a week. Had trouble witha high diastolic pressure but since dose was increased from 5mg to 10mg, it dropped and the exercise has definitely prevented any swelling.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 4, 2008 6:41 PM
Review by Stubby: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: ankles may swell if no exercise and possible nasal stuffiness and swelling. Very effective in reducing b.p.

262 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 14, 2008 4:58 PM