User Reviews for Norvasc (Page 2)

Learn more about Norvasc.

Migraine Prevention 3 reviews 32 medications

Raynaud's Syndrome 3 reviews 49 medications

High Blood Pressure 51 reviews 247 medications

Summary of Norvasc reviews 57 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Norvasc

For High Blood Pressure "No side efects as of yet (taken for 4 weeks so far) only taken while on high doses of steroids (80mg daily but deceasing 10mg every 3 days. Keeping my BP in my normal range of 110/60."

Ers April 16, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "I found it very effective to control high blood pressure."

Anonymous April 16, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "Norvasc has lowered my blood pressure from 160/102 to about 110/80 on 10 mg. The side effects are debilitating for me. I have horrible chest pains and unable to do much without exhaustion. I have lost so much weight due to lack of appetite. Dr. does not want to take me off because I have difficulty finding anything that lowers my blood pressure. I am also on Atenolol."

Kikzy March 16, 2012

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Norvasc worked fantastic for about a year then I started experiencing muscle twitching and cramps that got worse and worse. I have been trying to switch to another medicine and haven't had much luck. I pray I can find a medicine as good as Norvasc. I can tell you that numerous blood tests have been run and while this medicine MAY cause cramps, my blood sugar, cholesterol, liver panel, metabolic panel, CBC, creatinine, etc. are all perfect! I have a lot of faith to the fact that this medicine will not harm you other than possibly muscle cramps or fluid retention. I experienced no fluid retention BUT I exercise."

Anonymous March 1, 2012

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I used Norvasc for years for blood pressure control, until I had sudden onset of swollen ankles/lower legs. "

Anonymous February 20, 2012

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I was on Norvasc for 2 weeks. I felt dizzy, tired, cold, and got headaches every night. Switched medicines now, still trying to get it out of my system."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking this medicine now for 6 weeks and am experiencing tremendous flushing with it. So far it hasn't helped my blood pressure go down much. Doctor says give it a little while longer. One day I almost passed out, got light headed and felt like I was in another dimension! Doctor says he can't say for sure it was a side effect of this medicine. I will keep trying it for awhile longer."

Anonymous December 2, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "I have been on Narvasc 5mg for about 4 months. It doesn't control my blood pressure for the 24 hours and my pulse constantly stays elevated. I have swelling in my feet and ankles and I'm tired all the time. I get flushing sensations and ringing in my ears sometimes. Also feel dizzy at times and have dry mouth. All these medications are horrible. We have no choice but to suffer if we take them or not take them. "

patsygirl November 29, 2011

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking Amlodipine (Norvasc) for about 2 months. Norvasc (Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg) did lower my blood pressure from 150's over 80's to 120's over 60's. That's great. Problem is with side effects every day. Intestinal cramps, diarrhea, gas. Begins about 5 hours after I take the pill. Stomach (intestines ?) roll constantly for about 3 hours. I am going to try splitting the pills in half and see if lower dosage stops the side effects. If not, I guess I'll go back to the doctor and try something else for blood pressure. It seems like all of these blood pressure pills have side effects of one kind or another."

Dann k November 8, 2011

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "Norvasc was given to me to treat migraine headaches. I am 28 years old. I was having them as frequently as every other day. I dealt with this for five years before being prescribed Norvasc. After two months of taking a 5mg dosage, I can say I am a new person!"

Anonymous September 12, 2011

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I'm 25 years old and I'm taking 10mg of Norvasc and 25mg of hydrochlorothiazide and at the moment I'm not liking either of the medicines. Between stuffy nose, sore throat, increased thirst, dry mouth, severely dry skin, blurred vision, it makes me feel like its worse than having high blood pressure. My side effects are symptoms of an allergic reaction so maybe someone else might have better luck than me."

live&love August 17, 2011

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I had sexual side effects from Norvasc and it only moderately controlled my hypertension."

Anonymous August 1, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "After taking Norvasc 10mg for 3 months I found my feet ankles and hands were swelling up, also gained weight even though I walk every day. My Doctor has put me on Avapro and I will monitor it for the next 3 months. "

Anonymous April 11, 2011

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I took Norvasc for approximately 7 years. It works fine lowering my blood pressure however it began to swell my gums and I was taken off it."

Ron 59 December 13, 2010

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "My blood pressure went up to 220/150 and I was placed on Norvasc 10mg and Diovan 80mg. Been on this for over a year now and my blood pressure is currently 120/80 and I have had no side effects other than swelling on the lower leg which steady brisk walking has handled. The combination worked very well for me."

Anonymous October 2, 2010

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "This drug has worked very fast in reducing high blood pressure. I was on lisinopril but developed hives, swollen lips and tongue so doctor switched me to Norvasc. I seem to still have occasional hives but not as severe and may be triggered by heat. AZ this time of year is quite hot."

Pixeljim July 18, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "Both my husband and I have been taking Norvasc for a period of approximately 6 months. It has lowered both of our blood pressures into the normal range and we have suffered absolutely no side effects."

Anonymous June 18, 2010

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Raynaud's Syndrome "I have been taking this medication for 6 months and have gained 30lbs. It hasn't really helped my Raynaud's at all."

Anonymous December 18, 2009

For High Blood Pressure "I was switched to Norvasc from another blood pressure medicine about a week ago. I am not sure if its helping yet for my blood pressure but I am not liking the side effects. I have had a migraine everyday since I started taking it."

Anonymous December 7, 2009

For High Blood Pressure "Took 5mg for almost a year. It did a great job on blood pressure. But I got progressively worse muscle cramps, especially in my calfs. Could not run for more than a few minutes without intense pain. Had to switch to another medication."

Anonymous December 1, 2009

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "This medicine and I did not mix. I was really sick the whole time I took the medicine. I swelled up on my hands, feet and ankles. I was nauseous, extremely weak, my extremities were either numb, burning or painful. I heard my heartbeat constantly in my ears and had this awful crawling pain up my the back of my neck, itched, sweated and froze constantly, stuffy nose and so much more that I actual could not sleep. No, this is not a medication for all people. Dose changes did not help since the low dose promoted the majority of my ill effects. This medicine does well for some but, do speak up if you do not feel well on the medication."

aml11172 November 16, 2009

296 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Raynaud's Syndrome "I've been taking 2.5mg for a month with great results and no side effects, until the weather got colder so the doctor increased dose to 5mg, partly because he wanted a better result to my high blood pressure as well. The sudden increase has caused severe sleepiness and a tight chest. I cut back to 3mg for now to ease into it and will increase to 5mg if/when the side effects decrease. I believe in caution and I know my doctor takes the same stand."

neeleymountain October 25, 2009

For High Blood Pressure "30 minutes after taking one 5MG tablet, I suffered chills and had to sleep in a jacket in an attempt to stay warm in July. The chills continued from 10PM to 6 AM the next morning. "

johnwwebb July 17, 2009

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I've only been on Norvasc 10mg for about a week. It has lowered my blood pressure and so far no side effects. Will keep on monitoring it."

Anonymous June 25, 2009

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking Norvasc 5mg for 6 months. It makes me tired, have had weight gain, and now have palpitations when I take it. It hasn't lowered my blood pressure by much. I exercise daily and take vitamins."

Anonymous June 25, 2009

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next