VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg)This page contains information on VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg)
- Direction and dosage information for VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg)
VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg)This treatment applies to the following species:
(pyrantel pamoate / praziquantel)
De-wormer for Dogs Only
Small dogs and puppies - 6.0 to 25 lbs
Package contents: bottle of 50 flavored chewables
Active Ingredients (in each chewable):
pyrantel pamoate (30 mg) and praziquantel (30 mg)
Purpose: De-wormer for Small Dogs and Puppies Only (6.0 to 25 pounds).
Uses: For the treatment and control of:
● Roundworms (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina)
● Hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, and Uncinaria stenocephala)
● Tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis)
Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children. To obtain product information, including a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), call 1-800-338-3659.
When Using This Product:
● Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
● Do not de-worm a dog or puppy that is sick. Consult a veterinarian for diagnosis of the illness.
● VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables are safe for use in puppies 12 weeks or older and adult dogs. Safety in breeding dogs and pregnant bitches has not been tested.
You May Notice:
Vomiting, loose stools (with or without blood) and decreased activity following treatment.
If you notice these signs, contact a veterinarian.
Each flavored chewable contains 30 mg of pyrantel pamoate and 30 mg of praziquantel. The dose for each drug is 2.27 mg per pound of body weight (5 mg/kg). Please refer to the following dosing table for help finding the right dose for your dog.
VIRBANTEL® Flavored Chewables Dosing Table
Number of Chewables
6.0 to 12 pounds:
12.1 to 25 pounds:
More than 25 pounds:
Use 114 mg size.
● You should weigh your dog to make sure you are giving the right dose.
● VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables are palatable if offered by hand. If your dog does not voluntarily eat the chewable, you can hide the chewable in a small amount of food or place it in the back of the dog’s mouth for forced swallowing.
● Make sure that the dog eats the complete dose.
● Watch your dog for a few minutes after dosing to make sure the chewable is not rejected.
Recommended De-Worming Schedule:
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. De-worming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your dog.
Re-treatment: Re-treatment of your dog may be necessary as determined by laboratory fecal examination and/or if your dog is living where re-infections are likely to occur. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis and prevention of re-infection. In case of re-infection with tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum), consult your veterinarian for advice on how to remove fleas from the dog and the environment.
Manufactured by: Virbac AH, Inc., Fort Worth, TX 76137
StorageStore at controlled room temperature of 59 - 86° F (15 - 30° C).
To report a suspected adverse reaction, call 1-800-338-3659.
Approved by FDA under NADA # 141-261
©2019 Virbac Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
VIRBANTEL is a registered trademark of Virbac S.A.
50 Flavored Chewables
P.O. BOX 162059, FORT WORTH, TX, 76161
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-12-02