VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (114 mg)This page contains information on VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (114 mg) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (114 mg) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (114 mg)
- Direction and dosage information for VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (114 mg)
VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (114 mg)This treatment applies to the following species:
(pyrantel pamoate / praziquantel)
De-wormer for Dogs Only
Medium and Large Dogs - 25.1 to 200 lbs
Package contents: bottle of 50 flavored chewables
Active Ingredients (in each chewable):
pyrantel pamoate (114 mg) and praziquantel (114 mg)
Purpose: De-wormer for Medium and Large Dogs Only (Greater than 25 pounds).
Uses: For the treatment and control of:
● Roundworms (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina)
● Hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, and Uncinaria stenocephala)
● Tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis)
Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children. To obtain product information, including a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), call 1-800-338-3659.
When Using This Product:
● Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
● Do not de-worm a dog or puppy that is sick. Consult a veterinarian for diagnosis of the illness.
● VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables are safe for use in puppies 12 weeks or older and adult dogs. Safety in breeding dogs and pregnant bitches has not been tested.
You May Notice:
Vomiting, loose stools (with or without blood) and decreased activity following treatment. If you notice these signs, contact a veterinarian.
Directions For Use
Each flavored chewable contains 114 mg of pyrantel pamoate and 114 mg of praziquantel. The dose for each drug is 2.27 mg per pound of body weight (5 mg/kg). Please refer to the following dosing table for help finding the right dose for your dog.
VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables Dosing Table
Number of Chewables
6.0 to 25 pounds
Use the 30 mg size.
25.1 to 50 pounds
50.1 to 100 pounds
100.1 to 150 pounds
150.1 to 200 pounds
● You should weigh your dog to make sure you are giving the right dose.
● VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables are palatable if offered by hand. If your dog does not voluntarily eat the chewable, you can hide the chewable in a small amount of food or place it in the back of the dog’s mouth for forced swallowing.
● Make sure that the dog eats the complete dose.
● Watch your dog for a few minutes after dosing to make sure the chewable is not rejected.
Recommended De-Worming Schedule:
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. De-worming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your dog.
Re-treatment: Re-treatment of your dog may be necessary as determined by laboratory fecal examination and/or if your dog is living where re-infections are likely to occur. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis and prevention of re-infection. In case of re-infection with tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum), consult your veterinarian for advice on how to remove fleas from the dog and the environment.
Manufactured by: Virbac AH, Inc., Fort Worth, TX 76137
Store at controlled room temperature of 59 - 86° F (15 - 30° C).
To report a suspected adverse reaction, call 1-800-338-3659.
Approved by FDA under NADA # 141-261
© 2019 Virbac Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
VIRBANTEL is a registered trademark of Virbac S.A.
50 Flavored Chewables
P.O. BOX 162059, FORT WORTH, TX, 76161
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-11-27