Vectormune FP-LTThis page contains information on Vectormune FP-LT for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Vectormune FP-LT Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Vectormune FP-LT
- Direction and dosage information for Vectormune FP-LT
Vectormune FP-LTThis treatment applies to the following species:
FOWL POX-LARYNGOTRACHEITIS VACCINE, Live Fowl Pox Vector
Directions For Use
VECTORMUNE FP-LT is a genetically engineered live virus vaccine for the vaccination of chickens. The fowl pox vaccine has been modified to contain and express key protective laryngotracheitis virus antigens.
- Vaccine vials: Store in a cooler at 2-7°C
- Diluent: Store at room temperature between 20-30°C or 2-7°C
Vectormune FP-LT Indications
The vaccine is recommended for use in healthy one week old chicks or in 18 day-old embryonated chicken eggs as an aid in the prevention of fowl pox and laryngotracheitis.
Carefully read the directions before use. The instructions must be completely followed.
Match the vaccine dose size to the proper diluent size and route of administration as follows:
1. For wing web vaccination of chickens at least one week of age.
Mix 10 ml of the blue diluent for each 1000 doses of vaccine to administer 0.01 ml per chicken.
2. For in ovo vaccination of 18 day-old chicken embryos
Mix 100 ml of red diluent for each 1000 doses of vaccine to administer 0.1 ml per chicken embryo or mix 50 ml for each 1000 doses of vaccine to administer 0.05 ml per chicken embryo.
WING WEB VACCINATION
1. Remove seal and stopper from vaccine vial and diluent vial. Pour entire contents of diluent vial into vaccine vial, insert stopper, and shake well. The vaccine is ready for use and should be used within one hour.
2. Hold each individual bird and spread the wing with the underside facing up. Dip the two-pronged wing web applicator into the vaccine so that grooves fill with liquid and deliver 0.01 mL per bird.
3. Insert the double-pronged applicator into the web portion of the wing avoiding blood vessels, muscle, and bone.
4. Seven to ten days after vaccination, observe several chickens for evidence of “takes” that include swelling and/or scab formation at the site of injection.
IN OVO VACCINATION
1. The vaccine is administered in ovo to 18 day-old embryonated eggs. Read the egg injection system operator’s manual before initiating vaccination. Failure to follow instructions may result in personal injury, excessive embryonic mortality and low hatchability. Inoculate each embryo with one full dose (0.05 ml or 0.1 ml).
2. Sanitize the egg injection system before and after use following the procedures described in the operator’s manual.
3. Administer a booster to chickens by the wing web route at seven days of age as described above.
This vaccine has been thoroughly tested for safety, purity and potency and is in compliance with all applicable USDA and Biomune Co. standards.
Vectormune FP-LT Caution
1. Read the above directions carefully.
2. Use vaccine within two hours after rehydration.
3. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
4. The vaccine contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
5. Burn containers and all unused contents.
6. Chickens receiving this vaccine must not have been previously vaccinated with a fowl pox vaccine.
7. The effect of combining this vaccine with other products is not known and could impact vaccine efficacy.
Biomune Co., Lenexa, Kansas 66215, U.S.A.
Phone: (913) 894-0230
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 368
Presentation: 10 x 1,000 doses, 10 x 2,000 doses and 10 x 4,000 doses with sterile diluent and wing-web applicators separately.
NAC No.: 11290484
8906 ROSEHILL ROAD, LENEXA, KS, 66215
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Vectormune FP-LT information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-04-21