Tiamulin 1.78% Premix (Canada)This page contains information on Tiamulin 1.78% Premix for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Tiamulin 1.78% Premix Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Tiamulin 1.78% Premix
- Direction and dosage information for Tiamulin 1.78% Premix
Tiamulin 1.78% PremixThis treatment applies to the following species:
Tiamulin (as hydrogen fumarate) medicated premix
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
Tiamulin base, 17.8 g/kg (equivalent to 22 g tiamulin hydrogen fumarate per kg).
For use in swine for the treatment and for the prevention of swine dysentery associated with Brachyspira (formerly Serpulina or Treponema) hyodysenteriae susceptible to tiamulin.
Thoroughly mix TIAMULIN 1.78% PREMIX into complete non-medicated swine feed for the treatment or for the prevention of swine dysentery at the rates per metric tonne of feed as shown in the table below.
Tiamulin base use level
Amount of TIAMULIN 1.78% PREMIX per tonne of feed
To reduce the development of antimicrobial resistance and maintain effectiveness, use this antibiotic prudently and for the shortest duration required to achieve the desired clinical outcome.
For treatment of swine dysentery - feed continuously as the sole ration at 178.1 g tiamulin base/tonne for 14 days.
For prevention of swine dysentery - feed continuously at 31.2 g tiamulin base/tonne as the sole ration to swine on premises with a history of swine dysentery but where signs of disease have not yet occurred. Feed continuously at 31.2 g tiamulin base/tonne to prevent reinfection following use of tiamulin at 178.1 g tiamulin base/tonne for 14 days or following use of tiamulin medicated drinking water for treatment of swine dysentery associated with Brachyspira (formerly Serpulina or Treponema) hyodysenteriae.
1. Treated animals must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 7 days after the latest treatment with the drug at 178.1 g tiamulin base/tonne for treatment of swine dysentery or at least 2 days after use at 31.2 g tiamulin base/tonne for prevention of swine dysentery.
2. When handling the product, avoid inhalation, oral exposure and direct contact with skin or eyes. If contact with skin occurs, wash with soap and water.
3. Keep out of reach of children.
1. Do not use in feeds containing pellet binding agents.
2. Do not feed to animals other than swine.
3. Do not feed undiluted.
4. Swine being treated with tiamulin should not have access to or be treated with tiamulin incompatible polyether ionophores (e.g.: monensin, salinomycin, narasin).
5. Use as the only source of tiamulin.
6. Discontinue use if signs of toxicity occur.
7. Do not feed to gilts and sows during 4 weeks after service.
8. Acute cases and severely diseased animals with reduced feed intake should be treated with a suitable formulation such as an injectable solution or medicated drinking water.
1. Overdoses of tiamulin have sometimes produced transitory salivation, vomiting and an apparent calming effect on the pig.
2. In rare cases, redness of the skin, primarily over the ham and underline, has been observed during medication.
3. If signs of toxicity or redness of the skin occurs, promptly discontinue the use of the therapeutic level of medicated feed.
Note: During treatment, swine should be housed under conditions of adequate space and sanitation.
StorageStore in a cool dry place below 30°C. Keep from freezing.
NET CONTENTS 25 kg
Manufactured by Bio Agri Mix LP, PO Box 399, Mitchell, ON N0K 1N0
MADE IN CANADA
BAM version July 24/17
P.O. BOX 399, 11 ELLENS STREET, MITCHELL, ON, N0K 1N0
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Tiamulin 1.78% Premix information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30