Super II Dairy & Farm SprayThis page contains information on Super II Dairy & Farm Spray for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Super II Dairy & Farm Spray Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Super II Dairy & Farm Spray
- Direction and dosage information for Super II Dairy & Farm Spray
Super II Dairy & Farm SprayThis treatment applies to the following species:
Ready-to-use pyrethrins + vapona
For use on Cattle, Goats, Horses, Sheep, and Swine
Dichlorvos (2,2-dichlorovinyl, dimethyl phosphate)
*(Butylcarbityl) (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and other related compounds.
**Contains petroleum distillates.
EPA REG. 47000-157-12281
EPA Est. No. 47000-IA-01
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
HAZARDS TO HUMANS & DOMESTIC ANIMALS
WarningCauses skin irritation. Do not get on skin or on clothing.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Mixers, loaders, applicators, and other handlers must wear:
● Long sleeved shirt and long pants;
● Shoes and socks;
● Chemical-resistant gloves such as barrier laminate, butyl rubber ≥ 14 mils, nitrile rubber ≥ 14 mils, neoprene rubber ≥ 14 mils, or Viton 14 mils;
● Chemical-resistant headgear for overhead exposure;
● Chemical-resistant apron when mixing, loading, or cleaning equipment; and
● A minimum of a NIOSH-approved elastomeric half mask respirator with organic vapor (OV) cartridges and a combination NI, R, or P filter; OR a NIOSH-approved gas mask with OV canisters; OR a NIOSH-approved powered air-purifying respirator with OV cartridges and combination HE filters.
User Safety Requirements
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this products concentrate. Do not reuse them.
Users should remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing. Users should remove PPE immediately after handling this product.
Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
This product can expose you to chemicals, including Dichlorvos (DDVP, CAS No. 62-73- 7), which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
This product is toxic to fish, birds and aquatic invertebrates. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. This product may contaminate water through runoff. This product has a potential for runoff for several weeks after application. Poorly draining soils and soils where shallow water tables are more prone to produce runoff that contains this product. Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water by disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate.
Do not apply to water. to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water by disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate.
This pesticide is highly toxic to bees and other pollinating insects exposed to direct treatment or residues on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds if bees or other pollinating insects are actively visiting the treatment area.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS
Combustible. Do not use, pour, spill or store near heat or flame.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
READ THE LABEL: Read the entire label and follow all use directions, use restrictions, and precautions.
● Do not apply in areas where animals have received direct application of DDVP within eight (8) hours.
● Use in residential sites is prohibited.
● Use on lawns, turf or ornamentals is prohibited.
● For use as a directed spray; Except when applying to livestock, do not enter or allow others to enter treated area until sprays have dried.
● For space spray or fog use; Do not enter or allow others to enter until vapors, mists and aerosols have dispersed, and the area has been thoroughly ventilated.
● Do not remain in treated areas. Exit area immediately and remain outside the treated area until aerosols, vapors, and/or mists have dispersed.
● Except when applying to livestock, do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift.
● Except when applying to livestock, only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
● Remove or cover exposed food and drinking water before application.
● Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment, and food preparation surfaces before application, or wash them before reuse.
● When used in dairy barns or facilities: Close milk bulk tanks to prevent contamination from spray and from dead or falling insects.
● Wash teats of animals before milking.
● Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems.
● Do not make direct application to livestock more frequently than once per day.
● Do not treat Brahman and /or Brahman cross cattle as they may show hypersensitivity to organophosphates.
This is a dual-purpose formula designed to protect dairy and beef cattle from attacks of biting flies in barns and out in the pasture, and also to function as an effective space spray for quick knockdown and kill of flies in barns.
To develop a residual repellency to stable flies, mosquitoes and gnats on dairy cows.
Apply 1 to 2 ounces of this product to each animal for a three day period. The spray should be applied with a good hydraulic-type hand sprayer so that the animal’s entire body has been uniformly covered.
Special care should be used in spraying the legs, belly and shoulders. Avoid areas around the nose, eyes, and mouth. Avoid wetting the hide. Spray in the same manner again after two days have elapsed and every second day thereafter or when insects again disturb the animal. Calves should be sprayed very lightly once a day instead of when attempting to build up a residual repellency by spraying more heavily.
DO NOT treat Brahman and/or Brahman cross cattle as they may show hypersensitivity to organophosphates.
For control of lice on livestock.
Spray the animals with 2 ounces of this product. Immediately rub the spray into the hair (do not use bare hand), paying particular attention to infested areas.
Repeat as necessary, but not more frequently than once every three weeks.
Space Spray for Barn Fly Control:
To kill flies, mosquitoes and gnats in the barn prior to milking, close all doors and windows and direct the spray towards the ceiling. The barn should remain closed for 10 to 20 minutes. Sweep up and destroy fallen insects.
Repeat as necessary, but no more than once per day.
Apply at the rate of one ounce spray per 1,000 cubic feet.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Keep product in its tightly closed original container Store in a cool, dry (preferably locked) area that is inaccessible to children and animals, in such a manner as to prevent cross contamination with other pesticides, fertilizers, food and feed.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Wastes resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
Non-refillable container. Do not reuse this container.
If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Seller makes no representation or warranty, either express or implied, for results due to misuse, improper handling, or improper storage, of this material. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Seller does not assume any responsibility for injury to persons, crops, animals, soil, or property arising out of misuse, improper handling, or improper storage of this material.
If on skin or clothing:
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN
Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Contains petroleum distillate. May pose an aspiration pneumonia hazard.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN - POISONING SYMPTOMS: This product is a cholinesterase inhibitor.
Symptoms include weakness, headache, tightness in chest, blurred vision, non-reactive and pin-point pupils, salivation, sweating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps.
Atropine is the specific therapeutic antagonistic of choice against parasympathetic nervous stimulation. If there are signs of parasympathetic stimulation, Atropine Sulfate should be injected at 10-minute intervals, in doses of 1 to 2 milligrams until complete atropinization has occurred.
Morphine is contraindicated. 2-PAM is also antidotal and may be administered in conjunction with atropine.
Clear chest by postural drainage. Repeated exposure to cholinesterase inhibitors may without warning cause prolonged susceptibility
to very small doses of any cholinesterase inhibitor. Allow no further exposure until cholinesterase regeneration has been
allowed as determined by blood test.
Causes skin irritation.
Have product container or label with you when calling a poison control center, doctor, or going in for treatment.
For 24-hour emergency information on this product, call 1-800-498-5743 (US & Canada) or 1-651-523-0318 (all other areas)
Manufactured For: DURVET, INC., 100 S.E. Magellan Drive, Blue Springs, MO 64014
1 Gallon (3.785 L)
2.5 Gallons (9.464 L)
100 S.E. MAGELLAN DRIVE, BLUE SPRINGS, MO, 64014
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-11-27