Stryker 100 InsecticideThis page contains information on Stryker 100 Insecticide for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Stryker 100 Insecticide Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Stryker 100 Insecticide
- Direction and dosage information for Stryker 100 Insecticide
Stryker 100 InsecticideThis treatment applies to the following species:
For indoor or outdoor application as a direct, space, area or contact spray. Dependent upon the insects and areas to be treated, this product may be applied through mechanical aerosol (non-metered) or ultra-low volume (ULV) generators, as well as thermal and conventional fogging or spraying equipment.
For use in Commercial Areas (including Food Handling Establishments, Food Service, Storage, Preparation, and Processing Areas), Institutional Areas and Residential Areas
Pyrethrins, a botanical insecticide
*(butyl carbityl) (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and related compounds
Contains Petroleum Distillate
Contains 0.066 lb of pyrethrins and 0.33 lb piperonyl butoxide per gallon.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Stryker 100 Insecticide Caution
EPA Reg. No. 53883-386
EPA Est. No. 53883-TX-002
IF IN EYES:
Hold eyes open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eyes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING:
Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact SafetyCall® (866) 897-8050 for emergency medical treatment information.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Contains a petroleum distillate - vomiting may cause aspiration pneumonia.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Stryker 100 Insecticide Caution
Harmful if absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Wash thoroughly with soap after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Wear protective eyewear, if appropriate.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Mixers, loaders, applicators and other handlers must wear the following: Long-sleeve shirt, long pants, shoes and socks, and chemical-resistant gloves made of barrier laminate, nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber or Viton.
● In addition to the above PPE, applicators using a high pressure hand wand in an enclosed area must wear at least a half face NIOSH-approved respirator with: any R or P filter with a NIOSH approval number prefix TC-84A.
● In addition to the above PPE, applicators fogging Stryker 100 (applying as a space spray) in an enclosed area must wear a half-face, fullface, or hood-style NIOSH-approved respirator with: A NIOSH approved particulate filter with any R or P filter with NIOSH approval number prefix TC-84A; or
A NIOSH approved canister for pesticides with NIOSH approval number prefix TC-14G; or
A NIOSH approved powered air purifying respirator with an HE filter with NIOSH approval number prefix TC-21C.
USER SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
Discard clothing and other absorbent material that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with the product’s concentrate. Do not reuse them.
User Safety Recommendations
● Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
● Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
● Remove PPE immediately after handling Stryker 100. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
TERRESTRIAL APPLICATIONS: Stryker 100 is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. Stryker 100 has a potential for runoff for several weeks after application. Poorly draining soils and soils with shallow water tables are more prone to produce runoff that contains Stryker 100.
Stryker 100 is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply Stryker 100 or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are foraging the treatment area. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying Stryker 100 in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hr will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run-off to water bodies or drainage systems.
Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Do not apply Stryker 100 around electrical equipment due to the possibility of shock hazard.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of federal law to use Stryker 100 in a manner of inconsistent with its labeling.
● Apply Stryker 100 only as specified on the label.
● Do not apply more than 1 time/day.
● Only protected handlers may be in treatment area during application.
● Do not apply Stryker 100 in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift.
● Do not remain in treated area. Exit area immediately and do not enter or allow others to enter treated area until sprays have dried, until vapors, mists and aerosols have dispersed, and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
● Remove pets, birds and cover fish aquariums before spraying.
● When used as a direct or space spray, do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
● For space sprays:
• Do not allow adults, children or pets to enter the treated area for at least 15 min, until vapors, mists and aerosols have dispersed and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
• Do not remain in treated area. Exit area immediately and remain outside the treated area until aerosol, vapors and/or mists and aerosols have dispersed and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
● Remove or cover exposed food and drinking water, in the treatment area, before application.
● Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment, and food preparation surfaces, in the treatment area, or wash them before use.
● Do not apply as a space spray in residences.
● For space spray applications in food handling and processing facilities:
• Do not make applications when facility is in operation.
• Cover or remove food, in the treatment area, prior to space spray applications.
• Prior to space spray applications, cover food processing surfaces, in the treatment area, or clean after treatment and before use.
● Except when applying to sewers or drains as instructed on the label, do not apply directly to sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur.
● When used in dairy barns or facilities: Close milk bulk tank lids to prevent contamination from spray and from dead or falling insects. Remove or cover milking utensils before application. Wash teats of animals before milking.
● Do not apply Stryker 100 in hospital rooms while occupied or in any rooms occupied by the elderly or infirm.
● Remove patients from room prior to treatment and thoroughly ventilate (2 hr) after application. Do not return patients to room until after ventilation.
● Do not use in patient rooms in hospitals and nursing homes for treatment of bed bugs.
● Do not apply to classrooms when in use.
● Do not use in aircraft cabins.
● Do not make outdoor applications during rain.
● Do not apply directly to impervious horizontal surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways and patios except as a spot or Crack & Crevice treatment.
● During application, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters.
● All outdoor applications, if permitted elsewhere on the label, must be limited to spot or Crack & Crevice treatments only, except for the following permitted uses:
1. Applications to soil or vegetation, as listed on the label, around structures;
2. Applications to lawns, turf and other vegetation, as listed on the label;
3. Applications to the side of a building, up to a maximum height of 3 ft above grade;
4. Applications to underside of eaves, soffits, doors or windows permanently protected from rainfall by a covering, overhang, awning or other structure;
5. Applications around potential pest entry points into buildings, when limited to a surface band not to exceed 1” in width;
6. Applications made through the use of a coarse, low pressure spray to only those portions of surfaces that are directly above bare soil, lawn, turf, mulch or other vegetation, as listed on the label, and not over an impervious surface, drainage or other condition that could result in runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutter or surface waters, in order to control occasional invaders or aggregating pests.
● Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems.
● Some furniture finishes, particularly plastics, can be damaged by petroleum based insecticides. To avoid damage, cover those items and do not spray directly. If in doubt, test by applying this material to an inconspicuous area before spraying.
Use In Food Handling Establishments
Applications are permitted in food/feed areas of food/feed handling establishments as a contact spray, space spray or Crack & Crevice® treatment, including those operating under the Federal meat, poultry, shell egg grading and egg products inspection programs.
Food handling establishments are places other than private residences in which food is held, processed, prepared or served.
FOOD AREAS: Include areas for receiving, serving, storing (dry, cold, frozen, raw), packing (canning, bottling, wrapping, boxing), preparing (cleaning, slicing, cooking, grinding), edible waste storage and enclosed processing systems (mills, dairies, edible oils, syrups).
NON-FOOD AREAS: Include areas such as garbage rooms, lavatories, floor drains (to sewers), entries and vestibules offices, locker rooms, machine rooms, boiler rooms, garages, mop closets and storage areas (after canning or bottling).
Apply according to specific directions for pest(s) to be treated under the Indoor Use section below. Do not make space spray applications to food areas when the facility is in operation. Prior to space spray applications, remove or cover exposed food and drinking water in the treatment area. Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment, and food preparation surfaces, in the treatment area, or wash them before use.
SPACE SPRAY - FLYING INSECTS (Flies, Gnats): Do not apply as a space spray in residences. Use full strength or dilute as desired using the dilution chart below. Prior to treatment, open cabinets, doors and equipment to be treated; turn off air conditioners and fans, extinguish all flames and close windows in the area to be treated. Apply using a mechanical aerosol generator (no droplets > 50 microns in diameter and 80% < 30 microns). Apply undiluted at a rate of approx. 1 fl oz/1,000 ft3 of room space, or apply diluted at the rate of 1 - 2 fl oz/1,000 ft3 of room space. In commercial operations, subtract the space occupied by stored product or equipment from the cubic footage. Disperse toward areas suspected of harboring the greatest infestations of listed pests. Disperse in all locations (including around equipment, appliances and pallets, if desired) contacting as many insects as possible. Do not remain in treated areas after application. Keep area closed for at least 1 hour. Open and thoroughly ventilate treated areas before reoccupying.
DILUTION: Use a white mineral oil conforming to regulation 21 CFR 178.3620(b) or an odorless light petroleum hydrocarbon conforming to 21 CFR 172.882 or 40 CFR 180.910 (Inert ingredients used pre and post-harvest; exemptions from the requirement of a tolerance) and 180.930 (Inert ingredients applied to animals; exemptions from the requirement of a tolerance.) Combine oil and concentrate as directed below and mix well just prior to application.
Pyrethrin % Desired
Application Rate per 1,000 ft3
1 Part Conc. to 1 Part Oil
3 Part Conc. to 7 Parts Oil
1 - 2 fl.oz.
3 Part Conc. to 17 Parts Oil
1 - 2 fl.oz.
SPACE SPRAY -CRAWLING INSECTS (Ants, Bed Bugs, Beetles, Earwigs, Cockroaches, Silverfish, Spiders): Do not apply as a space spray in residences. Use full strength. Prior to treatment, open cabinets, doors and equipment to be treated; turn off air conditioners and fans, extinguish all flames and close windows in the area to be treated. Apply as a space spray using a mechanical aerosol generator (no droplets >50 microns in diameter and 80% <30 microns) at a rate of approx. 1 fl oz/1,000 ft3 of room space. In commercial operations, subtract the space occupied by stored product or equipment from the cubic footage. Disperse toward areas suspected of harboring the greatest infestations of listed pests. Disperse in all locations (including around equipment, appliances and pallets, if desired) contacting as many insects as possible. Do not remain in treated area after application and leave area closed for 1 hour. Ventilate thoroughly before occupants are allowed to reenter.
DIRECT SPRAY OR VOID TREATMENTS: Use equipment designed for space or mist treatments. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for proper equipment set up and operation. Place the tip of the applicator at or into the crack or crevice or opening to the void. Apply in short bursts into area being treated. Apply 1 second of product for every 3 ft3 of void area. For Direct Spray, apply the product in short bursts into the area where insects are to be contacted, such as corners of the room, behind and under furniture or other equipment. Apply from a distance of 18 - 24” away from the surface and allow the material to drift to area to be treated. The amount of product applied is not to exceed 0.33 fl oz 71,000 ft3.
For Bed Bugs: Direct application into areas where bed bugs harbor. Do not direct Stryker 100 at mattresses.
HANDTANK OR PINSTREAM APPLICATION: Direct application into cracks and crevices in elements of construction, walls, floors, underneath sinks, behind pipes and other places where insects harbor. For spot treatments, use a coarse, low-pressure spray. Limit individual spot treatments to an area no larger than 20% of the surface area. Any individual spot treatment shall not exceed 2 ft2. Contact as many insects as possible. Before making any application, ensure product will not stain surface or leave an unacceptable residue. The amount of product applied is not to exceed 0.33 fl oz/2 ft2.
OUTDOOR GROUND FOGGING APPLICATION USING HAND HELD EQUIPMENT (Flies, Gnats): Use in open areas near buildings and in campgrounds. Use preferably at a time when temperature is cool (< 75°F) and the wind velocity is approx. ≤5 mph. When using ULV equipment, apply at the rate of 4 fl oz/acre. Allow spray drift to penetrate dense foliage.
For Use On Domestic Animals/livestock
Use to protect beef cattle, dairy cattle and horses from horn flies, house flies and gnats, apply a light mist sufficient to wet the tips of the hair. To kill stable flies on beef cattle, dairy cattle and horses, apply 2 fl oz/adult animal, sufficient to wet the hair but not to soak the hide. To kill the motile stages of blood sucking lice on beef and dairy cattle, apply the spray to thoroughly wet the hair. Use 2 fl oz or less/animal and repeat every 2-3 weeks as required, but do not apply more than 1 time/day. Do not use on dogs and cats.
Space Treatment Over Animals in Barns and Corrals or in Indoor Misting Systems Used in Commercial Barns, Stables and Animal Quarters: Select proper dilution and treat with ULD equipment over animals, or apply through Indoor Misting Systems.
USE RESTRICTIONS FOR INDOOR MISTING SYSTEMS
● Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems (indoor or outdoor). Do not apply Stryker 100 in barns or stables where animals intended for slaughter or human consumption will be maintained.
● Do not apply when food, feed and/or water is present.
● When using Stryker 100, installers and service technicians must comply with the license, certification or registration requirements of the state(s), tribe(s) or local authority(ies) where they are installed.
● When applying via a remote activation device, do not apply when people and pets are present. If possible, when applying via automatic timer, set the timing for application when people and pets are unlikely to be present.
● Direct nozzles to spray towards the target area and away from areas where people are typically present.
● Do not use in evaporative cooling system.
● Do not use in misters located within 3 ft of air vents, air conditioner units or windows.
● If used in a system with a reservoir tank for the end use dilution, the system reservoir tank must be locked. Securely attach the end use pesticide label and a dilution statement to the system reservoir tank in a weather protected area or plastic sleeve. The dilution statement must be phrased as follows: this container holds ____ parts Stryker 100 to ____ parts water.
● If used in a direct injection system, the pesticide container must be locked. Securely attach the end use label to the pesticide container in a weather protected area or plastic sleeve.
● Stryker 100 must only be used in systems that have been calibrated to apply no more than the maximum application rate of 0.0033 lbs/1,000ft3 (no animals present).
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in original container in secured, dry storage area. Do not store above 100°F for extended periods of time. Storage below 32°F may cause freezing. If container is damaged or spill occurs, use product immediately or dispose of product and damaged container as indicated below.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Wastes resulting from use of Stryker 100 may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
CONTAINER HANDLING: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container! Empty container by using the product according to the label directions. Triple rinse container (or equivalent) promptly after emptying. Triple rinse as follows:
(<5 gal) Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank and drain for 10 sec after the flow begins to drip. Fill the container 1/4 full with water and recap. Shake for 10 sec. Pour rinsate into application equipment or a mix tank or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Repeat this procedure 2 more times.
Then offer for recycling, if available, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or by incineration, or, if allowed by state and local authorities, by burning. If burned stay out of smoke.
In addition to sites listed previously, Stryker 100 is acceptable for use in and around the following sites:
Animal Areas & Quarters
Brandy Storage Warehouses
Dairy & Livestock Barns
Dried Fruit Processing Plants
Drains & Sewers
Dried Fruit Warehouses
Egg Processing Plants
Food Handling Establishments
Food Processing Plants
Fruit Packing Sheds
Grain Handling Equipment
Homes Stables Recreational Areas
Meat Packing Plants
Mushroom Processing Plants
Passenger Rail Cars
Peanut Processing Plant
Peanut Storage Warehouses
Poultry Processing Plants
Rabbit Processing Plants
Research Animal Areas
Stored Seed Warehouses
Textile Mills & Warehouses
USDA Inspected Facilities
Voids (Attics, Walls, Ceilings)
Wine Storage Warehouses
USDA Inspected Facilities
Stryker 100 is also effective against the following insects when used according to label directions:
Cocoa Bean Moths
Mediterranean Flour Moths
Fire Ant Workers
Black Carpet Beetles
Dried Fruit Beetles
Flat Grain Beetles
Foreign Grain Beetles
Larger Grain Borers
Lesser Grain Borers
FLEAS & TICKS:
Brown Dog Ticks
SPIDERS & MITES:
Merchants Grain Beetles
Mexican Grain Beetles
Red Flour Beetles
Red Horned Grain Beetles
Rusty Grain Beetles
Sawtoothed Grain Beetles
White Marked Spider Beetles
NOTICE: Read the entire Directions for Use and Conditions of Sale and Limitation of Warranty and Liability before buying or using this product. If the terms are not acceptable, return the product at once, unopened, and the purchase price will be refunded.
The Directions for Use of this product should be followed carefully. It is impossible to eliminate all risks inherently associated with the use of this product. Ineffectiveness or other unintended consequences may result because of such factors as manner of use or application, weather, presence of other materials or other influencing factors in the use of the product, which are beyond the control of Control Solutions, Inc. or Seller. All such risks shall be assumed by Buyer and User, and Buyer and User agree to hold Control Solutions, Inc. and Seller harmless for any claims relating to such factors.
To the extent consistent with applicable law, Control Solutions, Inc. warrants that this product conforms to the chemical description on the label and is reasonably fit for the purposes stated in the Directions for Use, subject to the inherent risks referred to above, when used in accordance with directions under normal use conditions. This warranty does not extend to the use of this product contrary to label instructions, or under abnormal conditions or under conditions not reasonably foreseeable to or beyond the control of Seller or Control Solutions, Inc., and Buyer and User assume the risk of any such use. CONTROL SOLUTIONS, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE NOR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY EXCEPT AS STATED ABOVE.
To the extent consistent with applicable law, IT IS CONTROL SOLUTIONS INC., AND SELLERS INTENTION THAT in no event shall Control Solutions or Seller be liable for any incidental, consequential or special damages resulting from the use or handling of this product. THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE USER OR BUYER, AND THE EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY OF CONTROL SOLUTIONS, INC., AND SELLER FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR HANDLING OF THIS PRODUCT, SHALL BE THE RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR, AT THE ELECTION OF CONTROL SOLUTIONS, INC. OR SELLER, THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT.
To the extent consistent with applicable law, Control Solutions, Inc. and Seller of this product, and Buyer and User accept it, subject to the foregoing Conditions of Sale and Limitation of Warranty and Liability, which may not be modified except by written agreement signed by a duly authorized representative of Control Solutions, Inc.
STRYKER is a registered trademark of Control Solutions Inc.
Crack & Crevice® is a registered trademark of BASF Corporation.
Manufactured by: Control Solutions, Inc., 5903 Genoa-Red Bluff, Pasadena, TX 77507
A member of Adama Consumer and Professional Solutions
4 x 1 GALLON
5903 GENOA-RED BLUFF, PASADENA, TX, 77507
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-29