SNAP Feline proBNPThis page contains information on SNAP Feline proBNP for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- SNAP Feline proBNP Indications
- Warnings and cautions for SNAP Feline proBNP
- Direction and dosage information for SNAP Feline proBNP
SNAP Feline proBNPThis treatment applies to the following species:
SNAP Feline proBNP Test Kit
For veterinary use only.
SNAP* Feline proBNP
In vitro test for the measurement of circulating NTproBNP in feline serum and EDTA plasma.
Precautions And Warnings
● All wastes should be properly decontaminated prior to disposal.
● Do not mix components from kits with different serial numbers.
● Do not use a SNAP device that has been activated prior to the addition of sample.
● Refer to country specific Material Safety Data Sheet for regional hazard identification.
● Store at 2-8°C until expiration date.
1 bottle of anti-chicken:HRPO/anti-NTproBNP: HRPO conjugate (Green)
5 or 10
Each SNAP device contains 0.4 mL of wash solution and 0.6 mL of substrate solution.
Other Components: transfer pipettes, sample tubes and reagent rack
Wash Solution - H317/H412/P261/P280/P302+P350/ P333+P313: May cause an allergic skin reaction. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid breathing mist/vapors. Wear protective gloves. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
Substrate Solution - H317/ P261/P280/ P302+P350/P333+P313: May cause an allergic skin reaction. Avoid breathing mist/vapors. Wear protective gloves. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
● Samples must be at room temperature (18-25°C) before beginning the test procedure.
● Serum or EDTA plasma, either fresh or stored at 2-8°C for up to one week, can be used.
● For longer storage, serum and EDTA plasma can be frozen (-20°C or colder) and then recentrifuged before use.
● Hemolyzed, icteric or lipemic samples will not affect test results.
1. Allow all components to equilibrate at room temperature (18-25°C) for 30 minutes. Do not heat.
2. Hold the required transfer pipette vertically and dispense 3 drops of sample into a new sample tube.
3. Holding the bottle vertically, add 5 drops of green conjugate to the sample tube.
4. Cap the sample tube and mix thoroughly by inverting it 3-5 times.
5. Place the device on a horizontal surface. Add the entire contents of the sample tube to the sample well, being careful not to splash the contents outside of the sample well.
The sample will flow across the result window, reaching the activation circle in 30-60 seconds. Some sample may remain in the sample well.
6. When color FIRST appears in the activation circle, push the activator firmly until it is flush with the device body.
Note: Some samples may not flow to the activation circle within 60 seconds. In this case, press the activator after the sample has flowed across the result window.
7. Read test result 10 minutes from the time of activation.
Interpreting the Test Results
If the color intensity of the sample spot is equal to or darker than the color intensity of the reference spot, NTproBNP levels are abnormal.
If the color intensity of the sample spot is lighter than the color intensity of the reference spot, NTproBNP levels are normal.
Note: It is possible for no color to develop on the sample spot.
● Background-If the sample is allowed to flow past the activation circle, background color may result. Some background color is normal. However, if colored background obscures test result, repeat the test.
● No Color Development-If reference spot does not develop color, repeat the test.
Percent Agreement To Cardiopet
402 samples were tested on both SNAP Feline proBNP and Cardiopet proBNP tests. Visual results from SNAP Feline proBNP demonstrated 99.5% (95% CI: 97.1 - 99.9) agreement with Cardiopet proBNP if the sample had a concentration of NT-proBNP <100 pmol/L (n=187) and 95.0% (95% CI: 90.0 - 97.5) agreement with Cardiopet proBNP if the sample concentration of NT-proBNP was ≥ 270 pmol/L (n=140).
Idexx Snapshot Dx* Analyzer
Test results can also be read using the SNAPshot Dx* Analyzer. A complete description of how to enter patient data and read test results using the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer can be found in the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer user guide.
IDEXX Customer Support
USA/Canada: 1 800 248 2483 • idexx.com
Australia: 1300 44 33 99 • idexx.com.au
*SNAP and SNAPshot Dx are trademarks or registered trademarks of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Patent information: idexx.com/patents.
© 2021 IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
One IDEXX Drive, Westbrook, Maine 04092 USA
ONE IDEXX DRIVE, WESTBROOK, ME, 04092
|Pet Diagnostics/Order Desk:||800-248-2483|
|Poultry/Livestock Order Desk:||800-943-3999|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30