Pulmo-ClearThis page contains information on Pulmo-Clear for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Pulmo-Clear Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Pulmo-Clear
- Direction and dosage information for Pulmo-Clear
Pulmo-ClearThis treatment applies to the following species:
CAPRINE SERUM FRACTION, IMMUNOMODULATOR
This product is a patented sterile filtered fraction of serum from pre-tested goats. Fraction is purified and standardized to assure uniformity of product. Response in treated horses is of an immunomodulating nature.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Anaphylactoid reaction may occur following administration of products of this nature. If noted, administer adrenalin or equivalent.
Pulmo-Clear Indications And Information
Proper diagnosis, selection of treatment modalities, and follow-up examinations for Lower Respiratory Disease in equines require veterinary expertise. Therefore, it is recommended that Pulmo-Clear be used by or under the supervision of a veterinarian.
Pulmo-Clear is recommended for use as an aid in combination with adjunctive therapy in treatment of horses with lower respiratory disease. This problem often occurs in athletic horses involved in racing, rodeo, jumping, endurance and other stressful exercise. When horses become ill, performance is reduced and they are usually removed from competition, often for an extended time period.
Efficacy testing included evaluation of recovery as measured by improvement in clinical signs and reduction and/or elimination of exudate of the trachea and lower respiratory tract by bronchoscope exam. These tests demonstrated a significant reduction in recovery time for horses receiving Pulmo-Clear and adjunctive therapy when compared with horses receiving only adjunctive therapy.
Field safety testing included groups of horses from 6 months to 15 years of age.
Pulmo-Clear Dosage And Administration
Inject one 2 ml dose deep intramuscularly in the neck. Repeat this dose in 7-10 days in the opposite side of the neck.
Corticosteroids and other drugs which may cause immunosuppression are not recommended for use with this product.
1. Store at 2° to 7° C.
2. Contains phenol and thimerosal as preservatives.
3. Protein-containing serum origin products may cause local reactions. These can include local swelling with increased heat at the injection site. Studies have demonstrated that these reactions are transient and usually recede within 48-72 hours. Rarely they may last longer. Moderate exercise aids in preventing or reducing local reaction. Discontinue use if a severe local reaction occurs.
4. A systemic anaphylactic reaction is always possible after administration of a product of this nature. Discontinue use of this product and administer adrenalin or equivalent if such occurs.
5. Packaged only in 10 x 1 dose containers.
USDA Code 9360.00
U.S. Vet. License No. 188
Professional Biological Company, 4950 York St.-Denver CO. 80216
Contact us for more information on other Professional Biological Company products.
Fine Veterinary Biologicals since 1923
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
NAC No.: 14250051
4950 YORK STREET, P.O. BOX 16428, DENVER, CO, 80216
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Pulmo-Clear information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-09-29